• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Create Your Own Trainer Card.... Trainer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't want to work on that sprite anymore. MUHAHAHA. ;) I think I'll make Leon next, if its OK(Talkin' to you, Doc :)).

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Oh, and Doc, are you talking about not uploading sprites from other Pokemon games? Or other series'?

I was talking about other game series specifically, but there's no point in uploading sprites from other/older Pokemon games either.

Oh, Thanks for such a quick reply, Doc! I was waiting for your answer Before I started working on Him. Glad I didn't have to waste all the energy it would've taken. ;D

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Yeah,but theres a rule in the sprites to get permission to use custom sprites.And it really is a pure sprite rip,i'm playing the game right now with that exact trainer.

Then why are you complaining? A pure sprite rip is basically all of the sprites that haven't been submitted.

The Fr/Lg Female trainer thing is my bad - but I don't know how. Seems it got accidentally uploaded into the custom trainers folder and because it's file name is the same sort of name used for the custom trainers, it overwrote one of the female customs. It wasn't formatted for use in the TC Maker, and that's why cards using it have the big black border around the sprite. I've fixed it now and replaced the file with the correct sprite.

Incidentally, to people posting sprites from other games - stop. They aren't being included. If you want to do a theme sprite based on another game, go ahead but I will not be uploading rips from another game - even if they somehow manage to even look like a Trainer sprite.

Same goes for people posting trainers found on the web by other people.

Recolours will also not be used.

Thanks i'm glad to have that cleared up

But out of curiosity,is it still ok for me to use Leaf on my trainer card?I love this trainer and my firered team is my fave ^^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Thanks i'm glad to have that cleared up

But out of curiosity,is it still ok for me to use Leaf on my trainer card?I love this trainer and my firered team is my fave ^^

I can't stop you short of deleting the card from the server, but the big black box looks fugly.

I have a new sprite that I just got done:

4qnwd4k.jpg

I decided to make the bg color more noticeable (sp?) than I did on my other ones (seeing as I can't make it transparent in MS Paint.).

I'm still debating with myself as to whether or not it looks right... It looks weird, but I can't figure out why. Does it one look Ok?

P

Pikachu_Master

Oak, everything will be updated by Friday, so all the ideas will be entered or will some be dropped ?

Double-posting is against the rules. Warned.

At any rate, you can use a site like www.imageshack.us to upload your sprites to the internet.

Double-posting is still against the rules. Warned again.

After you've got your image on imageshack (or anywhere else), get its URL (the text that goes in the address bar at the top of the screen) and post it like this:

Code:
[img]The url of the image goes here[/img]

...oh. Uhm, you have to go back in Paint. Use the selection tool (y'know, the little dotted-line box) to move the sprite to the upper left corner, then you can resize the picture by dragging the little squares on the border of the picture: I've circled the little squares in this picture.

I already made a Pikachu cosplayer.... :'(

Oh, sorry. my bad. I must not've been paying very close attention.
Sorry (Again!... [move]and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again[/move])

Oh, sorry. my bad. I must not've been paying very close attention.
Sorry (Again!... [move]and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again[/move])
S'okay.
And Yeah, she IS thin, I guess I wasn't paying that much attention when I was spriting. LOL.

http://imageshack.us/
Upload on sites like that.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html
Find sprites.
http://www.freewebs.com/howtosprite/
Several tutorials.
(I don't get your question)

one more thing I need info on how to make my own sprites, IVE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE, AND ASKING EVERYONE HOW TO MAKE SPRITES!!!!!!!!!!!! please help me im in dire need of help!.......btw no need to send me an e-mail on how to, just post here and i'll look
go here http://forums.pokecharms.com/smf/index.php?topic=1228.msg7909#msg7909
that's a link to see all the sprite bases you can use to sprite (i just go to the profile and avvy edit to get individual piccys)
make sure they're not just repainted or game characters, rips, or someone elses work... should be 80x80 in size, and (preferably) transparent... i can't say they have to be transparent because most people (like me) use ms paint, which can't give transparent backgrounds (i feel stupid because i got gimp and it confuses me >_

Cool, though the pants are a bit off. And the jacket's shade of red isn't very good(It should match the Wings, that'll make it cooler!).

After finding these I figured I'd take part.

As such, here's my entry:
newtrainerxc1.png

Combined the P.I. and 8th Gym leader as well as using a Team Galactic boss hand. I would've put it on my trainer card, but unfortunately when I pasted the sprite onto the card all the colours got very strange and full of slightly off-colour pixels. Any idea as to why this would happen?

Edit: Aha, managed to get it on there without frelling the colours up.

X

xxSnorlaxx

Can someone make a trainer sprte for Riley? I would really appreciate it. >_

Haven't posted in a while. Stupid school... >_< only two weeks till summer vacation. Anywho, here's a few more sprites.

raltskirlia.png
gardevoir.png
gallade.png
mukmuk.png

Lol, spriting your self is hard D:

Status
Not open for further replies.