• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Core of the Dragon Academy (A Superpower RP)

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
He can change what his body is made of but the shape remains constant unless he wishes otherwise
Oh... That works for me (But maybe not for others)... And it would also be easier for Cade to enhance his powers (If he is able to enhance liquids and gasses... I need to think about that)...

The problem, I feel you all are overlooking is a few simple facts. First of, this isn't in a world like BnHA where everyone lives in a superhero society. So if one has a power like shape-shifting into a gas or firing blasts out of their eyes, they likely wouldn't have very much control over their power as they wouldn't really have much time to experience and use their powers. Let's take Ryker for example. He has the absorption and the using it through his body part down pat. But remember, his entire childhood before CoDA was built upon decking hits from his father, bullies, and other people in his life. He was raised to be a fighter through personal circumstance. And the powers he has mastery over is just the tip of the iceberg and his power at its simplest form. The Clones took him months (with a time sphere where time was stopped) and he is still learning how to control much more of his powers. Things that require the body to do different things, like morph (like Sammy) or change into different elements, would be much more complicated to do, and would require much more training. So you wouldn't be able to straight up beat Sky or Ryker in a fight as a 15 year old, because you wouldn't have any mastery over your own power. In a fight, Ryker, Aaron, Aura, Kevin and even Cade could probably wipe the floor with something like that. And another note is that you don't have to have an OP power. One of my favorite powers of an OC would probably be Cade's as he can make others stronger. That is a unique power, and isn't really OP. It makes his combat skills solo, not as useful, but it allows for great writing. Besides, you're giving yourself very little room to grow as a student. If he's already a great fighter, than why even come to this school in the first place?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
The problem, I feel you all are overlooking is a few simple facts. First of, this isn't in a world like BnHA where everyone lives in a superhero society. So if one has a power like shape-shifting into a gas or firing blasts out of their eyes, they likely wouldn't have very much control over their power as they wouldn't really have much time to experience and use their powers. Let's take Ryker for example. He has the absorption and the using it through his body part down pat. But remember, his entire childhood before CoDA was built upon decking hits from his father, bullies, and other people in his life. He was raised to be a fighter through personal circumstance. And the powers he has mastery over is just the tip of the iceberg and his power at its simplest form. The Clones took him months (with a time sphere where time was stopped) and he is still learning how to control much more of his powers. Things that require the body to do different things, like morph (like Sammy) or change into different elements, would be much more complicated to do, and would require much more training. So you wouldn't be able to straight up beat Sky or Ryker in a fight as a 15 year old, because you wouldn't have any mastery over your own power. In a fight, Ryker, Aaron, Aura, Kevin and even Cade could probably wipe the floor with something like that. And another note is that you don't have to have an OP power. One of my favorite powers of an OC would probably be Cade's as he can make others stronger. That is a unique power, and isn't really OP. It makes his combat skills solo, not as useful, but it allows for great writing. Besides, you're giving yourself very little room to grow as a student. If he's already a great fighter, than why even come to this school in the first place?
because he doesn't know anything. I can elaborate on Zach's backstory a lot, but he's new to the whole "power" thing. You can call it an experiment, if you see it that cliche. Basically, he got his powers a couple years ago, and is still only slowly realizing exactly what he can do. like I said before, he doesn't control it. He's never even fought. But he figures since he has powers, it would be right to help people with it. that's why he came to the school, to learn how to use them. And trust me, he has room to expand. In fact, I'm worried he has too much room.

let's say I can control it. Would I be able to beat Ryke? No, he'd probably absorb damage I do. Can I beat Sky? No. I want to think of other limits to balance out this character, too by the way

Oh. That depends entirely on how you use your character. I can easily point out numerous flaws in Ryker's ability that make him a rather easy fight. He can absorb physical damage but it only really extends to blunt attacks. If he gets stabbed/slashed/pierced he'll barely absorb anything from that.

Even assuming you don't have a weapon. If he's going to absorb all your damage, just don't hit him. Grappling, Judo throws, restraining or force redirection moves. All of those would work perfectly fine.

Although the power is important it's not all there is to a fight. Sky is even easier in a sense, but I can't go exposing everyone's weaknesses :blush:

@kyuukestu you know naruto right? I was thinking of Zach having something like a biju taking over if he uses his power too much or negative emotions flare too high. Then there'd be like a dark form of him that has fully taken over his body and mind

Then you'd need to describe the capabilities of this take-over. How much does his body change? Any element associated with it? What's so special about this biju? Just give a description of the biju and the abilities that come with its takeover.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I think I’ll explain the take over later, since I don’t exactly plan for it to happen right now. For now I think it’s ok if I am just able to change his flesh and how some parts of his body work. Like the ability to extend your neck, stuff like that

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
S-stop teasing me b-Baka! Ok but seriously I’ll describe what he can do with his power than he can control:
He’s basically a mutant. A freak, whatever you wanna call it. He can grow toenails between his fingers, extend his neck so his head comes out of shirt whatever. In battle he can turn his hands into blades, and also add armor, but all of it is made out of his flesh. However they are as strong as them, so it’s not like soft armor. This is an example of what he can do for now. He can also grow limbs and regenerate cells.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I mean that’s my power for now. Is it okay if later it can grow into the old one later? Like 3 levels- flesh controllable one; matter change- uncontrollable right now; take over- powerful than matter change, but his body is not even controlled by Zach

I don't really have a problem with that but we'll probably need to consult Sky.

As long as you can handle a decent rate of progression then I don't think anyone will mind. It's a potentially OP power so we do need to keep some limits on it. As we've said before free-range transformation into any and everything is a horribly OP power, and relying on your powers like they're a clutch isn't really the point of the Academy.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
I just don't get what the appeal is of having characters with powers that broken. Doesn't seem as fun to write making your character OP, but that's just my opinion.

Well, it's not really horribly op as long as you think outsider the box a little. There are counters for everything that's not an omnipotent power, and even some omnipotent powers carry counters.

I just don't get what the appeal is of having characters with powers that broken. Doesn't seem as fun to write making your character OP, but that's just my opinion.
yea it isn't fun if you can snap your fingers and solve any problem that occurs. I quite like scheming ways to take people out so I try to keep my powers within an acceptable range. Though, end-game abilities are totally different. I honestly don't want to see a negligible increase in my characters abilities to handle a problem.

Honestly, I think that most of your characters have reached their optimal power. Same with mine, and... I have no idea about Crunchy
Apart from perhaps Celia and Mesuline, but they're still students. But yeah, my combat normally involves some absurb strategy, or something stupidly simple.

XD not even close, I mentioned it once but the power scale for the dualities works on levels. Stella is far stronger than wyst because she's a full level ahead of her. Each increase in level will enhance their powers on a fundamental level and make it that much more versatile and formidable. I've neither planned out how many levels there'll be nor worked out how each level will increase their abilities, but the research and thought I put into enhancing the powers is half the fun.

I can see quite a few methods which Sky could increase in power too. In theory, via both eastern mythology and a bit of physics, wind can be used to galvanize/induce lightning. I'm not sure how much of a stretch it is but if the physics in my head is applicable then combusting via friction and generation of magnetic fields would also be plausible.

Or Sky could simply create a thunderstorm and a stream of charged air, which would work a lot better
I've been thinking more along the lines of illusion magic, being able to bend perspectives in the way a mirage can. Because lightning is really unwieldy

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I'm waiting for time skip.I don't think it makes sense if I come all out of a sudden in the middle of the night and be like "HEY! EVERYONE BE FRIENDS WITH ME! I HAVE COOL POWERS LIKE YOU! I'M SUPER OP!"

@kyuukestu, if it's okay to ask, can you put in your other OC's?
All my OC's are in here...somewhere... I don't mind reposting them though. However, some of them are in a state of editing.

=======================================
Name: Wystria Leticiar (Wyst)

Appearance: Wyst has medium length, deep-fuchsia colored hair which ends in a pony-tail right behind her neck. It’s slightly longer when she lets it down, ending between her shoulder blades. Her eyes are a much lighter, almost violet, shade of fuchsia, while her skin is a healthy shade of brown best described as ‘sun-kissed’. Her height is completely average standing at 5”4’, while her build is rather toned. Though not exceptionally strong, what she lacks in strength she makes up for in flexibility as she’s quite lithe-bodied. Generous locks of hair conceal her elven-shaped ears.

Outfit: Her clothing is always organized as an array of Black & White with her most common dress being her maid outfit, which is French-styled. This aforementioned outfit consists of a Black one-piece dress cascading down to her knees, draped in a white apron and headdress. The dress is extremely plain and almost completely lacking in any decoration at all, the only exception being the purple flora patterns sewn into the right-chest of her outfit.

Besides the completely lackluster maid dress, Wyst also has another more decorative version of the same dress. This one is focused on pure aesthetics and is almost exclusively worn to formal occasions. The style of dress is the same, being a white-on-black French-styled dress. However, where the purple floral patterns are embroidered on her plain-version this dress has a corsage arranged of Orchids and Roses, as dark as the night sky. They flush with a barely noticeable fuchsia glow and are created by a manifestation of Wyst’s ability. From the floral arrangement and thin network of vine-esque patterns extends to cover her dress, ending seamlessly upon contact with her left glove. This glove is part of an extremely achromatic set. The left is an abyssal black, while the right is a shade of white that could seemingly be besmirched by very air.

Wyst also wears a pair of combat boots and poorly crafted pin-on cat tail with either dress, which ironically draws more attention than even her exquisitely decorated version by virtue of their oddity. She carries with her numerous accessories for her daily tasks which can vary from throwing knives hidden in her boots, to disinfectants, bandages, or even feather dusters hidden inside the pair of black & white pouches attached to her waist. She uses her ability to create storage spaces inside each pouch, thus meaning they hold quite a lot more than their size would suggest.

Personality: Wystria is a very stoic-looking person, though contrarily she can be quite talkative and mischievous. Despite her diligent and professional appearance Wyst is quite the opposite but tries to maintain a respectable image in-front of the students. Her mischief tends to manifest itself on a rather physical level.

Powers: Duality of Black and White. (Shadow)

Wystria can control both light and shadows, though her manipulation of light is pitiful, to say the least. Her achievements in light manipulation are in fact so minuscule that anything beyond creating pretty lights is light-years ahead of her current ability. However, her Shadow manipulation is the exact opposite. Wyst can manipulate shadows to create a myriad of items, shapes, or weapons, in addition, she is also able to store objects or organisms in the shadows. Shadows can be used for short distance travels not exceeding 200m, despite that, she moves at the same speed she would while sprinting. When traveling in the shadows, jumping from shadow to shadow, Wystria isn’t required to interact with the physical world, meaning she can ‘go through walls’ or objects and travel in a straight line towards the subsequent shadow. This saves a bit of downtime making the ability on a whole marginally faster than standard travel.

List of Abilities;

Skills and Proficiencies

Proficiency Levels

Novice > Basic > Initiate > Intermediate > Advanced > Expert > Mastery > Grand mastery > Perfection > Transcendent > Deity-grade

Weapon Proficiencies

Polearms
  • Spear | Mastery
  • Glaive | Mastery
  • Scythe | Advanced
  • Halberd | Advanced
  • Staff | Advanced
  • Lance | Initiate

Swords
  • Short Sword | Intermediate
  • One-handed Sword | Intermediate
Concealed Weapons
  • Throwing Knives
  • Needles
Hand to Hand Combat

Medical Skills
  • Acupuncture | Advanced
  • Pulse reading | Intermediate

Life Skills
  • Cleaning | Mastery
  • Cooking | Expert

The Duality of Dark

The Duality of Dark Stage 1: ‘Formless Phantom’
  • Shadow Polymorphing: ‘Formless’ | Shadows are formless and intangible, their shape only limited to the imagination.
  • Traversing Shadows: ‘Phantom’ | Darkness conceals, grants the user the ability to cloak themselves in shadows and utilize them as a means of travel.
The Duality of Dark Stage 2: ‘Dawn of Twilight’
  • Umbral Augmentation | User can absorb Shadows and use them to increase their physical abilities.
  • A Pocket of Shadows | Allows the user to create a Shin which they can store objects.
  • Shadows Mimic | Natural-born Mimickers, a shadow is able to replicate the actions of whatever it is cast off. Allows the user to create shadows that mimic their real-world counterparts.
The Duality of Dark Stage 3: ‘Nobility'
The user begins to infuse their blood with shadows. At this point, they begin inching away from their mortality.

The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 3-0: 'Knight'
  • Domain – Supportive Type | The user can form a ‘field’, attunement with the shadows within the field increase several folds. The swamp of shadows can be used to suppress opponents and aid in attacks.
  • Demesne Connection | The user has an intrinsic connecting with his/her demesne and can draw power from it. The demesne now becomes a core part of the user's power and merges with their essence, damage to the demesne will directly affect the user's vitality, but the further the develop this demesne the stronger they become.
The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 3-1: ‘Baron/Baroness’
  • Shadow Infusion | Grants the user the ability to infuse Darkness into objects, increasing their attributes.
  • Dark Energy Manipulation | Grants the user the ability to wield Darkness as an Energy.
The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 3-2: ‘Viscount’
  • Shadow Form | When enough of their blood has been tainted by the shadows, the user can temporarily allow their entire body to turn into a shadow. This allows for a 'semi-invulnerability'. The defense is, however, imperfect as excessive force or energy can cause the Shadow form to Scatter. If scattered while in their Shadow Form, the user dies.
The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 3-3: ‘Count/Countess’

The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 3-4: ‘Earl’
  • Night Attunement | The User grows empowered during the night, gaining a boost to their abilities.
The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 3-5: ‘Marquis/Marquess’
  • Shadow Melding | The user can merge into bodies of shadows, becoming one with the shadow and increasing their ability to control said shadow. The larger the shadow one attempts to merge with, the larger the consumption of energy, but also the larger the power boost.
  • Shadow Animation | The user is able to animate shadows and grant them free-will, creating a shadow lifeform. The strength and intelligence of said life form depend on the amount of power used to animate it and the complexity of its shadow body.
  • Shadow Absorption | Simply put, the ability to absorb surrounding shadows as a way to restore oneself.
  • Shadow Sculpting | The user can sculpt shadows, granting them solid and permanent form.
The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 3-6: ‘Viceroy’

The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 3-7: ‘Duke/Duchess’
  • Umbral Precognition | A passive ability that allows the user to perceive the movements of an opponent through their shadow.
Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 3-8: ‘Grand Duke/ Grand Duchess’
  • Grand Domain Manifestation | With their domain developed to this extent it is now stable enough that the user may manifest their dominion on the physical plane without causing grievous damage to oneself or being in threat of the domain collapsing on itself.
  • Primal Darkness | The user's attunement with darkness has traced back to its roots allowing the user to wield the most primitive form of darkness. The primitive form of darkness appeals to everything that the shadows represent, affecting opponents not only physically, but also mentally.
The Duality of Dark Stage 4: ‘Royalty’

The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 4-1: ‘Prince/Princess’

• Shadow Marionette | By tethering the shadow of another, much weaker foe, the user is able to bend them to his/her will.
The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 4-2: ‘King/Queen’

The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 4-3: ‘Monarch’
  • Eternal Night | The user casts a specific area in absolute darkness akin to the very void of space. The particular area, though small, contains such thick darkness that it actively smothers the creation of light in its area of effect.
The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 4-4: ‘Archon’
  • Dark Void | The user is able to connect to a form of 'nether realm' akin to the infinite void of space, realizing that darkness exists even in the void as it is in and of itself, a void.
The Duality of Dark Stage 5: ‘Imperiality’

The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 5-1: ‘Emperor/Empress’

• Shadow Mutilation | The user's influence overshadows is so powerful that by striking an opponents shadow they can deal damage to the opponent's body.
The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 5-2: ‘Sovereignty’
  • Shadow Transmutation | A slow and lengthy process where the user infuses and refines an object with the powers of darkness, eventually infusing the object with the very essence of darkness and turning it into a shadow object.
The Duality of Dark Sub-Stage 5-3: ‘Hegemony’

The Duality of DarkStage 6: ‘Autarch'
  • Embodiment | At this point, the user has become one with the very notion of darkness itself and is, in a sense, an embodiment of the concept of shadows and darkness. Shadows are merely an extension of the user's body and their control over them is as such impeccable.

Bio: Wyst belongs to a sparsely populated race who refer to themselves as The Dualities of Black and White, which is also the name of their hereditary power. Every member of this race is without exception born as a part of a pair of twins, with one twin containing talent in the aspect of White (light), and the other being talented in the Black (Shadow). There are only a few 10,000s of members total, thus while the clan is for the most part unified against external threats. However, within the clan two opposing factions, split evenly by their power, engage in fierce rivalry.

Occupation: Maid (Specialized in Combat and Domestic chores) | Teacher

Fighting Style: Wystria prefers to utilize her duality to wield a large variety of weapons, of which she is particularly skilled with delicate swords and polearms. Though to call her an Arms master wouldn’t be far from the truth. Her favorite pole arms include Flexible Spears, Scythes, Halberds, Glaives, and staffs. Though she lacks the physical might to truly wield them fatally. To make up for this she occasionally equips varying styles of armor to her body, boosting her overall physical capabilities. The armors equipped tend to be cloth or leather-based as metal-mold armors consume drastically larger degrees of power. Without her armor, Wyst will usually swing polearms in wide arcs while relying on sheer momentum or gravity to deal damage.

On the flip side, her swords are far more suited to her body, Foils, Sabers, Epees, Rapiers, and Scimitars are all blades she’s familiar with. She prefers to sword dance, with strings of quickly jabs or strikes at odd angles taking full advantage of her flexibility.

================================

Name: Amysthella Leticiar (Stella)

Appearance: Stella has long waist-length, deep-fuchsia colored hair which she lets flow mostly free. Her most common hairstyle consists of merely tying a ribbon or using a bead half-way bundle the loose locks together. Her eyes are a soft, gentle shade of wisteria, while her skin is a pale shade of caramel reminiscent of a mix between white chocolate and cocoa. Her height is completely average standing at 5”4’, though her build is rather frail. Due to her waifish stature, she takes more to agility and stealth than brute force.

Outfit: Her clothing is always organized with an overlay of white patterns on a black dress, or vice versa, black patterns on a white dress. Her wardrobe consists of ornate Qipaos/Cheongsams using the aforementioned color schemes. The vast majority of these dresses extend down to her ankles but have ‘v’ splits on either side. Her overall appearance remains fairly constant, with new patterns or split-styles being the most frequent changes. Whereas her twin, Wyst, wears heavy combat boots, Stella prefers padded flat heel sandals, which makes little to no noise as she moves.

Her formal wear consists of an almost flamboyant version of her Cheongsam depicting a menagerie of avian creatures. However, in this dress, the pure white patterns are tinted with a hint of silver.

Stella wears a belt woven of threads in the same shade as her hair. Upon it is attached: a set of war fans with serrated edges, a single dagger, and two small empty slots. The last two slots hold hairpin shaped flying knives which are conveniently used as real hairpins in Stella’s hair.

Personality: Stella, being the older of the twins, quickly grew into the more mature of the two as she often had to deal with Wyst’s antics. She maintains a composed, almost casual appearance with a distinctly different flavor of calm than Wyst’s stoicism. On a whole she can be viewed as the ‘Mature Older-sister type’, and precisely because of that she feels perfectly at home teasing those younger than her in an almost familial way.

Powers: Duality of Black and White (White)

Stella’s abilities, in perfect contrast to her twin, allow her exceptional control over light which she commonly uses to craft illusions or engage in stealth. Of course, she can also manipulate shadows, but only to the extent to which Wyst can harness light, which is to say, pitifully. She’s able to craft things no larger than a needle, a few inches long and millimeters thick. Besides her illusions, Stella can also ‘ride’ light waves and can thus travel at significant speeds. Though, the fastest speed she can achieve instantly is around 50ms-1 as accelerating any faster would leave disastrous, if not fatal, damage to her body.

List of Abilities;

The duality of Light Stage ‘???’: ‘Let there be Light!’
Illusions
Light Warping
Photon Riding
L.A.S.E.R
Duality Overawe
(Hyper Form)???

Bio: Being a member of the Dualities of Black and White Amysthella had grown up within the protection of the clan until she was 16. After which both she and her sister left to experience the greater world. Although they had left together the two siblings went their separate ways upon their 17th birthday, deeming it more efficient for them to hone their abilities separately. Each year on their birthday both siblings meet up to compete against each other and see who has improved the most, their current score is 3:2, with the larger number of wins belonging to Stella. Incidentally, the sibling pair was born on June 5th making their sign Gemini.

Fighting Style:

Stella’s preferred style of fighting is assassination-esque, where she can sneak up on an opponent and quickly finish them with a needle, or flying knives. However, in the case of open combat, she will resort to a dance-like combat style which aims to deflect or avoid enemy strikes until she can land a good blow with her dagger, or the edges of her fan. She’ll often use her ability to shift the apparent position of her body by causing an illusion of her to appear elsewhere. Subtle uses of this can cause enemies to stumble and lose their balance as they attack a figure who wasn’t quite as close as they thought.
==================================

Name: Melusine Isalyne
Year/Grade: 9

Appearance:

Melusine has jet-black, silky hair, and yellow-amber colored eyes. Her hair styled into a large braided composed of 9 smaller braids. Her pupils are usually round but frequently narrow into vertical slits with any flare in her mood or exertion of her power. Under her pupils, a splash of freckles decorates her face. She garbed in a yellow shoulder-less faux blouse with long, flared sleeves. The blouse is decorated with black scaly stripes. In addition, she totes a pair lace-insert ink-black bell bottom pants which exposes her calf. Melusine wears white, heeled. open-toed boots with slightly sharpened heels. Her nails (toes included) and in pristine condition since she takes meticulous care of them as they’re her primary weapon for close-combat. She has a black and yellow scarf patterned similarly to a Faint-banded sea snake. Finally, adorning her ears are a pair of silver, serpentine, pin-on earrings. Her body is slim and flexible to an absurd degree. Her tongue is forked, and she can taste/smell the air, attributed to her reptilian heritage. She carries two pouches of water on her at all times, one which is tied around her waist, and a second larger pouch that loops around her neck like a hoop. The second pouch is concealed under her scarf and helps regulate her temperature.

Personality:

Melusine is a vivacious young woman of rather flirty nature. Being partially reptilian she’s a fan of warmth and sunlight which reflects in her rather perky personality. She’s, to put it nicely, a food connoisseur, and to put it bluntly, a complete glutton that she can devour many times her own weight in one sitting.

As a result of having spent years under the ‘nurture and care’ of the Star-Spirit Minelauva, Melusine has adopted a few of her foster-parent’s traits, such as a sense of nobility as well as the tendency to do as she pleases without concern for others or their opinions.

Powers:

Stemming from her bloodline as a Hydra, Melusine can manipulate water. She’s also inherited a few reptilian traits such as her slit-like eyes, forked tongue, short fangs, and dislike for cold temperatures. Other Hydra-like traits i.e. poisonous blood and bodily fluids have also manifested in her body. All her bodily fluids contain a weak paralytic venom which numbs the body, except for her blood which is lethal in large doses. The strong and potentially lethal paralytic venom is formed and stored in her main venom sack which rests in her abdomen where it diffuses into her bloodstream and to a lesser extent her other bodily fluids. It then pools in specific locations behind her extremities and fangs, which act as secondary venom sacks. However, it is so diluted by that point that it has lost most if not all its lethality. For a lethal dose of non-blood carried venom a person would have to ingest it in ludicrous amounts. Her power scales with the amount of water in the area, and her powers peak in Rivers, Oceans and Seas. However, while stronger she loses most of her finesse and is reduced to simply ‘throwing waves’. When fully immersed in water she can create replicas of herself (up to 9 in total including her original.)

Note: Venoms by nature must be ingested or allowed into the bloodstream in some way. They cannot seep through the skin. Toxins that can be introduced into the bloodstream through the skin have a different name, generally known as poisons.

List

Hydra-like

• Water Manipulation:
Can Manipulate water.

Weakness: Requires water to be already present. Manipulation does not extend to ice.

• Venomous Bodily Fluids
All her bodily fluids contain a possibly lethal paralytic venom, though it is only lethal in extremely large doses. The concentration of venom varies with the fluid. Her sweat has the lowest concentration of venom while her blood has the highest.

Weakness: must be injected or otherwise consumed to take any effect.

• Body Replication
The Hydra is known for its many heads. Melusine can create 8 separate clones out of water (for a total of 9 bodies).

Weakness: The bodies can only be maintained when Melusine has access to a large source of water e.g. River, Ocean, Lake etc.

• Parallel Thought
With multiple heads comes multiple brains, and the ability to think several things simultaneously.

Serpent-like

• Heat Vision
Her freckles double as pit organs which can detect infrared light and thermic signatures.

• Air Tasting
Using her forked, serpentine tongue, she's able to do as a snake would and taste scents in the air.

• Vibration Sensing
As with many serpents, Melusine's scales are sensitive to vibrations coming along the ground.
Bio:

Melusine is a half-hydra attending school to learn how to control her powers. Ever since her birth, she’s been roaming the rivers and oceans of the world entering human society every summer to soak up the sun and enjoy herself at tanning beaches. By chance, she ran into the Celestial Star Spirit Minalauva who quickly took a liking to the younger girl and has since then been acting as a mentor and mother.

Current Guardian:

Minelauva (Adoptive Mother)

Fighting Style:

Melusine, battles in a while that can only be described as ‘serpentine’. With a degree of flexibility that directly questions the existence of her bones, she can ‘whip’ out at opponents and inflict them with her paralytic venom, which while too weak to paralyze anything except small rodents can induce a numbing effect reminiscent of hitting the funny bone. Melusine’s weapon of choice is a modifiable whip which can be extended and enhanced by applying a coating composed entirely of water. Since she can not create water from nothing she can only use the amount available in the sounding air, plants, her pouch, and the ground.

===================================================

Name: Celia Scarlatti
Age/Year: 160 Tree Age | 16 Years Sentience | Year 12
Race: Dryad | Subspecies: Hamadryad | Tree species: Scarlet Wisteria Tree

Appearance: Dryads age extremely slowly and thus despite being 160 her humanoid form has the appearance of a 14-year-old girl.

Her main body is a Scarlet Wisteria Tree standing at around 1.5m in height; due to her age she has yet to bloom and all her flowers remain as buds. Her trunk is rather thin being only a few inches in diameter and her branches are even thinner, her thickest branch being only a few centimeters. She has a bristle of curved branches and her coffee-colored-bark is almost seamlessly smooth. There’s no observable pattern to her branches or bark and the former is rather erratic in placement. She doesn’t shed her leaves for the winter so they remain rather flushed with a healthy chlorophyll-green throughout the year.

Her humanoid form, on the other hand, stands at 4”5, only slightly shorter than her main body. She has a rounded face, emerald green eyes, and Autumn-red to Scarlet hair. Scattered amidst her hair are Autumn-red and yellow leaves which serve as decoration. Jutting from either side of her head are a pair of twisted wooden horns the shade of milk chocolate. Her ‘skin’ holds the same color palette of her bark but is significantly more pleasing to the touch. Though it looks like human skin and feels far closer to skin than bark, her own ‘skin’ carries the texture of a moist leaf.

Outfit: Celia does not wear traditional clothes due to her race but instead has more ‘leafy’ clothing. Her leafy dress, which is quite literally composed of leaves, is present along most of her body, covering from her fingers to her elbows and from her collar to her knees, only leaving her upper arms and lower back exposed. Besides her dress, she wears nothing else that could be identified as an article of clothing.

Personality: Celia is rather young for a Dryad as has spent most of her life within her home forest, and its immediate vicinity. As a result, she’s a bit naïve and/or ignorant when it comes to more ‘human’ aspects of interaction. She only gained sentience upon her 144th birthday and as such also holds a mentality rather similar to her apparent age (about 14 to 16-years-old). She’s inherently tender and kindhearted almost to the point of being labeled ‘nurturing’. She’s also more adventurous than your typical dryad and can often be seen bouncing with excitement over whatever manages to catch her interest.

Her species and ability create a passive calming aura which attracts animals. She, however, has a slight fear/despise of bugs, especially caterpillars and termites, because they always eat her leaves or damage her bark.

Powers: [Resonance]
Celia’s ability allows her to resonate with any biological organism and even bond with them to an extent.

She nurtures creatures that she’s bonded with using her semi-divine mana which resides in her sap and seeds.

To bond with her, one must willingly ingest either a seed or flower-buds that’s been saturated with her sap. After which she’s able to communicate with any bonded individual telepathically over extremely long distances via the seed/bud. Drinking her sap causing a slight healing effect and strengthening effect.

The leaves in her hair can be imbued with her magic to create a limited variety of effects, such as transmitting her voice or even providing visual images with enough mana. Though due to her inexperience any attempt at producing a visual image is bound to go wrong, the leaf either withering immediately upon use or exploding into ashes.

Besides bonding [Resonance] can amplify the power of those Celia has bonded with by fractions with her current limit being x1.1, a 10% increase. Although she can use this ability on individuals she hasn’t bonded with the effect is greatly reduced, the effect is further reduced for individuals who are much stronger than her.

Her abilities are amplified in Mana or Sunlight-rich environments, as well as in areas with high-quality soil.

Bio: Being one of the few Dryad’s who trains something other than Nature magic it was decided that Celia would be chosen as one of the candidates to experience human society. She was chosen because her ability, [Resonance], isn’t as affected by the Industrialized cities as much as Nature or Plant Magic.

Her first and currently her only bonds are a couple of steel-feathered swallows. Who, as the name implies, have feathers with a hardness comparable to steel and frequently use them like blades. These swallows which Celia named, Ning(female) and Zen(male) can usually be found perched on either of Celia’s horns. Their nest is built within the branches of Celia’s main body.

Being a plant-based being of Magic she feeds on ambient mana, sunlight and just about everything that a plant would feed on.

The most ancient and powerful members of her race are also referred to as ‘World Trees/Yggdrasil’ but the minimum requirement for such a title is that the Dryad in question have a sphere of influence spanning an entire world, and an age exceeding millions of years old.

Bonds:

Steel-Feathered Swallows (x2); (Ning | Zen)

Because of the sharpness and durability of their feathers, the Steel-Feathered Swallow is primarily a melee battler. A Blade-like Storm of feathers and talons greets all opponents bold enough to come face to face with one of these flighty little birds. Their wings are powerful enough to create small gales.

Celia’s swallows, due to residing in the magic-rich confines of her canopy and regularly partaking of her sap and buds, are head and shoulder above regular Steel-Feathered swallows. Their feathers are comparable to forged steel and can be used not only for melee but also mid-ranged attacks. Being a couple, their teamwork is exceptional. Their strongest attack is a combination of blades and sound waves. With one of them fluttering its wings at high speeds it can create a high-pitched ring, by utilizing resonance(constructive interference), the other Swallow continually amplifies this sound until it’s a deafening screech. Simultaneously the pair will loosen some of their feathers and send them flying like knives.

==============================================

Name: Minelauva
Age(Sentience): 5000+
Race: Celestial Star Spirit

Personality:

From her own perspective, she’s usually quite mellow but fun-loving although similar to what she represents (a star) Minelauva can be very ‘explosive’. However, what comes off as ‘fun’ to a multi-millennia old star celestial is frequently life-threateningly dangerous to those around her. A more accurate description of her would be ‘prideful’, ‘adventurous’ and ‘thrill-seeking’. Though the person in question would deny such accusations as she’d recently been trying to act ‘more befitting of her age’, with very limited success.

Powers:
As the manifestation of a group of stars, to be more specific the constellation Virgo, Minelauva has the ability [Archon Virginis].

Because Virgo is an Earth-Element Zodiac, Minelauva has dominion over 'Earth'. That is, she can mold the earth to her will and has a modicum of control over the metals and minerals within it. In addition, she can generate and manipulate gravity fields around her person and modify her weight as she pleases. Extreme changes in weight, however, cannot be sustained for long durations of time and in fact, they can only be sustained for a length of 20 seconds. As she often only ever manipulates her own weight, her ability is commonly mistaken to be inertial or mass-based, a misunderstanding she has no intention of correcting. Her ‘Domain’ only extends outwards with a radius of 100m, anything beyond that distance cannot be controlled.

Appearance:

Minelauva has bright blue-whitish hair that freely curtains down to her knees and lapis lazuli shade eyes. She has the appearance of an extremely mature lady and is always clad in an Ancient-Greek-styled dress. Her figure is rather normal with above average height and almost dainty appendages. Her skin carries a mixed hue of starry-white and rustic-red. On the surface of her body burns heatless flames that shift from orange-red to bluish-white, these tongues of fire are purely aesthetic as they flicker and burn in accordance to Minelauva’s mood but are completely incapable of causing any damage whatsoever.

Bio:

Minelauva is a celestial star spirit that is the representation of the constellation Virgo. She has no idea how old she is as she stopped counting a long time ago. She’s recently gathered enough power to manifest and spent the first few thousand years exploring the galaxy. Eventually, she found herself on earth due to it being a bit more ‘lively’ than other places she’s visited.

Fighting Style:

Minelauva is the essence of what’s known as a ‘tank’. While comparatively slow moving, by manipulating her own weight she can dish out and receive attacks of devastating proportions. Her greatest strength is, however, her defense. When backed by the power of the earth, and then bulking her own weight one would be hard pressed to deliver a physical blow she couldn’t withstand. Naturally, those tactics of hers have their limitations, attacks that aren’t mainly ‘force’ or those which carry ‘explosive’, ‘piercing’ or ‘slicing’ effects are still just as difficult to deal with. To deal with such attacks her weapons of choice are a set of diamond dust gloves and boots, which trail all the way to her elbows and knees respectively. To maintain flexibility and a free-flowing combat style she wears no form of armor or defensive gear. ‘Offense is the Best Defense after all’, She receives attacks using her weapons which cloak her hands, and legs.

=====================================

Uhh, yea, that'd be all of them. As you can probably tell Wystria's gotten the most attention in terms of developing her powers as well as future abilites. I've still got several other ideas in my head for my other characters, but I haven't quite put the pen to paper. They'll get more detailed over time.

Last edited:
Yep, where can I slide in?

I'm waiting for time skip.I don't think it makes sense if I come all out of a sudden in the middle of the night and be like "HEY! EVERYONE BE FRIENDS WITH ME! I HAVE COOL POWERS LIKE YOU! I'M SUPER OP!"

If @Sky5372 agrees we can make that little post I made the time-skip. Hence everyone would be on the same page as you'd all be moving dorms.

Edit:
Though I believe @Ry_Burst might make an official time-skip post.

Last edited:
I got a "TIME SKIP" post up, and setting it in Damian Stone's Science class. So there is something. I'm sorry if people kill me, I'm just getting things rolling.

Well you've managed to cover just about everything, new dorms, mixed classes, and I guess we'll have to make an announcement about these 'special treatments'. Might make it a general announcement though, since we're allowing students to choose their mentors.

if your character does Chemistry then they can be a member of the class, in the case that they don't do chemistry then you can have your character lounge on the first floor. There's a list of courses on the first post if you want an idea of what you could be doing.

It's says Various sciences, not chemistry in particular. I believe it's taken as an elective but don't quote me on that sonce I haven't looked over the class list on a while. You don't have to choose chemistry or a science for that matter, any of your electives would be fine. You'll be able to gather together once a mandatory class comes around, or something like lunch.

All my OC's are in here...somewhere... I don't mind reposting them though. However, some of them are in a state of editing.

=======================================
Name: Wystria Leticiar (Wyst)

clip_image001.png

Appearance: Wyst has medium length, deep-fuchsia colored hair which ends in a pony-tail right behind her neck. It’s slightly longer when she lets it down, ending between her shoulder blades. Her eyes are a much lighter, almost violet, shade of fuchsia, while her skin is a healthy shade of brown best described as ‘sun-kissed’. Her height is completely average standing at 5”4’, while her build is rather toned. Though not exceptionally strong, what she lacks in strength she makes up for in flexibility as she’s quite lithe-bodied.

Outfit: Her clothing is always organized as an array of Black & White with her most common dress being her maid outfit, which is French-styled. This aforementioned outfit consists of a Black one-piece dress cascading down to her knees, draped in a white apron and headdress. The dress is extremely plain and almost completely lacking in any decoration at all, the only exception being the purple flora patterns sewn into the right-chest of her outfit.

Besides the completely lackluster maid dress, Wyst also has another more decorative version of the same dress. This one is focused on pure aesthetics and is almost exclusively worn to formal occasions. The style of dress is the same, being a white-on-black French-styled dress. However, where the purple floral patterns are embroidered on her plain-version this dress has a corsage arranged of Orchids and Roses, as dark as the night sky. They flush with a barely noticeable fuchsia glow and are created by a manifestation of Wyst’s ability. From the floral arrangement and thin network of vine-esque patterns extends to cover her dress, ending seamlessly upon contact with her left glove. This glove is part of an extremely achromatic set. The left is an abyssal black, while the right is a shade of white that could seemingly be besmirched by very air.

Wyst also wears a pair of combat boots and poorly crafted pin-on cat tail with either dress, which ironically draws more attention than even her exquisitely decorated version by virtue of their oddity. She carries with her numerous accessories for her daily tasks which can vary from throwing knives hidden in her boots, to disinfectants, bandages, or even feather dusters hidden inside the pair of black & white pouches attached to her waist. She uses her ability to create storage spaces inside each pouch, thus meaning they hold quite a lot more than their size would suggest.

Personality: Wystria is a very stoic-looking person, though contrarily she can be quite talkative and mischievous. Despite her diligent and professional appearance Wyst is quite the opposite but tries to maintain a respectable image in-front of the students. Her mischief tends to manifest itself on a rather physical level.

Powers: Duality of Black and White. (Shadow)

Wystria can control both light and shadows, though her manipulation of light is pitiful, to say the least. Her achievements in light manipulation are in fact so minuscule that anything beyond creating pretty lights is light-years ahead of her current ability. However, her Shadow manipulation is the exact opposite. Wyst can manipulate shadows to create a myriad of items, shapes, or weapons, in addition, she is also able to store objects or organisms in the shadows. Shadows can be used for short distance travels not exceeding 200m, despite that, she moves at the same speed she would while sprinting. When traveling in the shadows, jumping from shadow to shadow, Wystria isn’t required to interact with the physical world, meaning she can ‘go through walls’ or objects and travel in a straight line towards the subsequent shadow. This saves a bit of downtime making the ability on a whole marginally faster than standard travel.

List of Abilities;
The duality of Dark Stage 1: ‘Formless Phantom’
Shadow Polymorphing (Basic): ‘Formless’
Originally formless and intangible the user can weave the shadows into any form limited only by their magic power and imagination.

Traversing Shadows (Basic): ‘Phantom’
Darkness conceals, by traversing the shadow the user can move from shadow to shadow, or simply cloak themselves.

The duality of Dark Stage 2: '???'

Semi-Invulnerable Form
Duality Overawe

The duality of Dark Stage ???: 'Void'
Heaven Devouring Art

The duality of Dark Stage ???: 'Primal'

Bio: Wyst belongs to a sparsely populated race who refer to themselves as The Dualities of Black and White, which is also the name of their hereditary power. Every member of this race is without exception born as a part of a pair of twins, with one twin containing talent in the aspect of White (light), and the other being talented in the Black (Shadow). There are only a few 10,000s of members total, thus while the clan is for the most part unified against external threats. However, within the clan two opposing factions, split evenly by their power, engage in fierce rivalry.

Occupation: Maid (Specialized in Combat and Domestic chores) | Teacher

Fighting Style: Wystria prefers to utilize her duality to wield a large variety of weapons, of which she is particularly skilled with delicate swords and polearms. Though to call her an Arms master wouldn’t be far from the truth. Her favorite pole arms include Flexible Spears, Scythes, Halberds, Glaives, and staffs. Though she lacks the physical might to truly wield them fatally. To make up for this she occasionally equips varying styles of armor to her body, boosting her overall physical capabilities. The armors equipped tend to be cloth or leather-based as metal-mold armors consume drastically larger degrees of power. Without her armor, Wyst will usually swing polearms in wide arcs while relying on sheer momentum or gravity to deal damage.

On the flip side, her swords are far more suited to her body, Foils, Sabers, Epees, Rapiers, and Scimitars are all blades she’s familiar with. She prefers to sword dance, with strings of quickly jabs or strikes at odd angles taking full advantage of her flexibility.

================================

Name: Amysthella Leticiar (Stella)

Appearance: Stella has long waist-length, deep-fuchsia colored hair which she lets flow mostly free. Her most common hairstyle consists of merely tying a ribbon or using a bead half-way bundle the loose locks together. Her eyes are a soft, gentle shade of wisteria, while her skin is a pale shade of caramel reminiscent of a mix between white chocolate and cocoa. Her height is completely average standing at 5”4’, though her build is rather frail. Due to her waifish stature, she takes more to agility and stealth than brute force.

Outfit: Her clothing is always organized with an overlay of white patterns on a black dress, or vice versa, black patterns on a white dress. Her wardrobe consists of ornate Qipaos/Cheongsams using the aforementioned color schemes. The vast majority of these dresses extend down to her ankles but have ‘v’ splits on either side. Her overall appearance remains fairly constant, with new patterns or split-styles being the most frequent changes. Whereas her twin, Wyst, wears heavy combat boots, Stella prefers padded flat heel sandals, which makes little to no noise as she moves.

Her formal wear consists of an almost flamboyant version of her Cheongsam depicting a menagerie of avian creatures. However, in this dress, the pure white patterns are tinted with a hint of silver.

Stella wears a belt woven of threads the same shade as her hair. Upon it is attached: a set of war fans with serrated edges, a single dagger, and two small empty slots. The last two slots hold hairpin shaped flying knives which are conveniently used as real hairpins in Stella’s hair.

Personality: Stella, being the older of the twins, quickly grew into the more mature of the two as she often had to deal with Wyst’s antics. She maintains a composed, almost casual appearance with a distinctly different flavor of calm than Wyst’s stoicism. On a whole she can be viewed as the ‘Mature Older-sister type’, and precisely because of that she feels perfectly at home teasing those younger than her in an almost familial way.

Powers: Duality of Black and White (White)

Stella’s abilities, in perfect contrast to her twin, allow her exceptional control over light which she commonly uses to craft illusions or engage in stealth. Of course, she can also manipulate shadows, but only to the extent to which Wyst can harness light, which is to say, pitifully. She’s able to craft things no larger than a needle, a few inches long and millimeters thick. Besides her illusions, Stella can also ‘ride’ light waves and can thus travel at significant speeds. Though, the fastest speed she can achieve instantly is around 50ms-1 as accelerating any faster would leave disastrous, if not fatal, damage to her body.

List of Abilities;

The duality of Light Stage ‘???’: ‘Let there be Light!’
Illusions
Light Warping
Photon Riding
L.A.S.E.R
Duality Overawe
(Hyper Form)???

Bio: Being a member of the Dualities of Black and White Amysthella had grown up within the protection of the clan until she was 16. After which both she and her sister left to experience the greater world. Although they had left together the two siblings went their separate ways upon their 17th birthday, deeming it more efficient for them to hone their abilities separately. Each year on their birthday both siblings meet up to compete against each other and see who has improved the most, their current score is 3:2, with the larger number of wins belonging to Stella. Incidentally, the sibling pair was born on June 5th making their sign Gemini.

Fighting Style:

Stella’s preferred style of fighting is assassination-esque, where she can sneak up on an opponent and quickly finish them with a needle, or flying knives. However, in the case of open combat, she will resort to a dance-like combat style which aims to deflect or avoid enemy strikes until she can land a good blow with her dagger, or the edges of her fan. She’ll often use her ability to shift the apparent position of her body by causing an illusion of her to appear elsewhere. Subtle uses of this can cause enemies to stumble and lose their balance as they attack a figure who wasn’t quite as close as they thought.
==================================

Name: Melusine Isalyne
Year/Grade: 9

Appearance:

Melusine has jet-black, silky hair, and yellow-amber colored eyes. Her hair styled into a large braided composed of 9 smaller braids. Her pupils are usually round but frequently narrow into vertical slits with any flare in her mood or exertion of her power. Under her pupils a splash of freckles decorates her face. She garbed in a yellow shoulder-less faux blouse with long, flared sleeves. The blouse in decorated with black scaly stripes. In addition, she totes a pair lace-insert ink-black bell bottom pants which exposes her calf. Melusine wears white, heeled. open-toed boots with slightly sharpened heels. Her nails (toes included) and in pristine condition since she takes meticulous care of them as they’re her primary weapon for close-combat. She has a black and yellow scarf patterned similarly to a Faint-Banded sea snake. Finally, adorning her ears are a pair of silver, serpentine, pin-on earrings. Her body is slim and flexible to an absurd degree. Her tongue is forked, and she can taste/smell the air, attributed to her reptilian heritage. She carries two pouches of water on her at all times, one which is tied around her waist, and a second larger pouch that loops around her neck like a hoop. The second pouch is concealed under her scarf and helps regulate her temperature.

Personality:

Melusine is a vivacious young woman of rather flirty nature. Being partially reptilian she’s a fan of warmth and sunlight which reflects in her rather perky personality. She’s, to put it nicely, a food connoisseur, and to put it bluntly, a complete glutton that she can devour many times her own weight in one sitting.

As a result of having spent years under the ‘nurture and care’ of the Star-Spirit Minelauva, Melusine has adopted a few of her foster-parent’s traits, such as a sense of nobility as well as the tendency to do as she pleases without concern for others or their opinions.

Powers:

Stemming from her bloodline as a Hydra, Melusine can manipulate water. She’s also inherited a few reptilian traits such as her slit-like eyes, forked tongue, short fangs, and dislike for cold temperatures. Other Hydra-like traits i.e. poisonous blood and bodily fluids have also manifested in her body. All her bodily fluids contain a weak paralytic venom which numbs the body, except for her blood which is lethal in large doses. The strong and potentially lethal paralytic venom is formed and stored in her main venom sack which rests in her abdomen where it diffuses into her bloodstream and to a lesser extent her other bodily fluids. It then pools in specific locations behind her extremities and fangs, which act as secondary venom sacks. However, it is so diluted by that point that it has lost most if not all its lethality. For a lethal dose of non-blood carried venom a person would have to ingest it in ludicrous amounts. Her power scales with the amount of water in the area, and her powers peak in Rivers, Oceans and Seas. However, while stronger she loses most of her finesse and is reduced to simply ‘throwing waves’. When fully immersed in water she can create replicas of herself (up to 9 in total including her original.)

Note: Venoms by nature must be ingested or allowed into the bloodstream in some way. They cannot seep through the skin. Toxins that can be introduced into the bloodstream through the skin have a different name, generally known as poisons.

List
· Water Manipulation:

Can Manipulate water. Requires water to be already present. Manipulation does not extend to ice.

· Venomous Bodily Fluids

All bodily fluids contain a possibly lethal paralytic venom. Concentration of venom varies with the fluid. Her sweat has the lowest concentration of venom while her blood has the highest.

· Heat Vision

Her freckles double as pit organs which can detect infrared light and thermic signatures.

· Air Tasting

· Vibration Sensing

· Body Replication (Requires Water to Form the Bodies)

· Parallel Thought

Sensory Linking

Bio:

Melusine is a half-hydra attending school to learn how to control her powers. Ever since her birth, she’s been roaming the rivers and oceans of the world entering human society every summer to soak up the sun and enjoy herself at tanning beaches. By chance, she ran into the Celestial Star Spirit Minalauva who quickly took a liking to the younger girl and has since then been acting as a mentor and mother.

Current Guardian:

Minelauva (Adoptive Mother)

Fighting Style:

Melusine, battles in a while that can only be described as ‘serpentine’. With a degree of flexibility that directly questions the existence of her bones, she can ‘whip’ out at opponents and inflict them with her paralytic venom, which while too weak to paralyze anything except small rodents can induce a numbing effect reminiscent of hitting the funny bone. Melusine’s weapon of choice is a modifiable whip which can be extended and enhanced by applying a coating composed entirely of water. Since she can not create water from nothing she can only use the amount available in the sounding air, plants, her pouch, and the ground.

===================================================

Name: Celia Scarlatti
Age/Year: 160 Tree Age | 16 Years Sentience | Year 12
Race: Dryad | Subspecies: Hamadryad | Tree species: Scarlet Wisteria Tree

Appearance: Dryads age extremely slowly and thus despite being 160 her humanoid form has the appearance of a 14-year-old girl.

Her main body is a Scarlet Wisteria Tree standing at around 1.5m in height; due to her age she has yet to bloom and all her flowers remain as buds. Her trunk is rather thin being only a few inches in diameter and her branches are even thinner, her thickest branch being only a few centimeters. She has a bristle of curved branches and her coffee-colored-bark is almost seamlessly smooth. There’s no observable pattern to her branches or bark and the former is rather erratic in placement. She doesn’t shed her leaves for the winter so they remain rather flushed with a healthy chlorophyll-green throughout the year.

Her humanoid form, on the other hand, stands at 4”5, only slightly shorter than her main body. She has a rounded face, emerald green eyes, and Autumn-red to Scarlet hair. Scattered amidst her hair are Autumn-red and yellow leaves which serve as decoration. Jutting from either side of her head are a pair of twisted wooden horns the shade of milk chocolate. Her ‘skin’ holds the same color palette of her bark but is significantly more pleasing to the touch. Though it looks like human skin and feels far closer to skin than bark, her own ‘skin’ carries the texture of a moist leaf.

Outfit: Celia does not wear traditional clothes due to her race but instead has more ‘leafy’ clothing. Her leafy dress, which is quite literally composed of leaves, is present along most of her body, covering from her fingers to her elbows and from her collar to her knees, only leaving her upper arms and lower back exposed. Besides her dress, she wears nothing else that could be identified as an article of clothing.

Personality: Celia is rather young for a Dryad as has spent most of her life within her home forest, and its immediate vicinity. As a result, she’s a bit naïve and/or ignorant when it comes to more ‘human’ aspects of interaction. She only gained sentience upon her 144th birthday and as such also holds a mentality rather similar to her apparent age (about 14 to 16-years-old). She’s inherently tender and kindhearted almost to the point of being labeled ‘nurturing’. She’s also more adventurous than your typical dryad and can often be seen bouncing with excitement over whatever manages to catch her interest.

Her species and ability create a passive calming aura which attracts animals. She, however, has a slight fear/despise of bugs, especially caterpillars and termites, because they always eat her leaves or damage her bark.

Powers: [Resonance]
Celia’s ability allows her to resonate with any biological organism and even bond with them to an extent.

She nurtures creatures that she’s bonded with using her semi-divine mana which resides in her sap and seeds.

To bond with her, one must willingly ingest either a seed or flower-buds that’s been saturated with her sap. After which she’s able to communicate with any bonded individual telepathically over extremely long distances via the seed/bud. Drinking her sap causing a slight healing effect and strengthening effect.

The leaves in her hair can be imbued with her magic to create a limited variety of effects, such as transmitting her voice or even providing visual images with enough mana. Though due to her inexperience any attempt at producing a visual image is bound to go wrong, the leaf either withering immediately upon use or exploding into ashes.

Besides bonding [Resonance] can amplify the power of those Celia has bonded with by fractions with her current limit being x1.1, a 10% increase. Although she can use this ability on individuals she hasn’t bonded with the effect is greatly reduced, the effect is further reduced for individuals who are much stronger than her.

Her abilities are amplified in Mana or Sunlight-rich environments, as well as in areas with high-quality soil.

Bio: Being one of the few Dryad’s who trains something other than Nature magic it was decided that Celia would be chosen as one of the candidates to experience human society. She was chosen because her ability, [Resonance], isn’t as affected by the Industrialized cities as much as Nature or Plant Magic.

Her first and currently her only bonds are a couple of steel-feathered swallows. Who, as the name implies, have feathers with a hardness comparable to steel and frequently use them like blades. These swallows which Celia named, Ning(female) and Zen(male) can usually be found perched on either of Celia’s horns. Their nest is built within the branches of Celia’s main body.

Being a plant-based being of Magic she feeds on ambient mana, sunlight and just about everything that a plant would feed on.

The most ancient and powerful members of her race are also referred to as ‘World Trees/Yggdrasil’ but the minimum requirement for such a title is that the Dryad in question have a sphere of influence spanning an entire world, and an age exceeding millions of years old.

Bonds:

Steel-Feathered Swallows (x2); (Ning | Zen)

Because of the sharpness and durability of their feathers, the Steel-Feathered Swallow is primarily a melee battler. A Blade-like Storm of feathers and talons greets all opponents bold enough to come face to face with one of these flighty little birds. Their wings are powerful enough to create small gales.

Celia’s swallows, due to residing in the magic-rich confines of her canopy and regularly partaking of her sap and buds, are head and shoulder above regular Steel-Feathered swallows. Their feathers are comparable to forged steel and can be used not only for melee but also mid-ranged attacks. Being a couple, their teamwork is exceptional. Their strongest attack is a combination of blades and sound waves. With one of them fluttering its wings at high speeds it can create a high-pitched ring, by utilizing resonance(constructive interference), the other Swallow continually amplifies this sound until it’s a deafening screech. Simultaneously the pair will loosen some of their feathers and send them flying like knives.

==============================================

Name: Minelauva
Age(Sentience): 5000+
Race: Celestial Star Spirit

Personality:

From her own perspective, she’s usually quite mellow but fun-loving although similar to what she represents (a star) Minelauva can be very ‘explosive’. However, what comes off as ‘fun’ to a multi-millennia old star celestial is frequently life-threateningly dangerous to those around her. A more accurate description of her would be ‘prideful’, ‘adventurous’ and ‘thrill-seeking’. Though the person in question would deny such accusations as she’d recently been trying to act ‘more befitting of her age’, with very limited success.

Powers:
As the manifestation of a group of stars, to be more specific the constellation Virgo, Minelauva has the ability [Archon Virginis].

Because Virgo is an Earth-Element Zodiac, Minelauva has dominion over 'Earth'. That is, she can mold the earth to her will and has a modicum of control over the metals and minerals within it. In addition, she can generate and manipulate gravity fields around her person and modify her weight as she pleases. Extreme changes in weight, however, cannot be sustained for long durations of time and in fact, they can only be sustained for a length of 20 seconds. As she often only ever manipulates her own weight, her ability is commonly mistaken to be inertial or mass-based, a misunderstanding she has no intention of correcting. Her ‘Domain’ only extends outwards with a radius of 100m, anything beyond that distance cannot be controlled.

Appearance:

Minelauva has bright blue-whitish hair that freely curtains down to her knees and lapis lazuli shade eyes. She has the appearance of an extremely mature lady and is always clad in an Ancient-Greek-styled dress. Her figure is rather normal with above average height and almost dainty appendages. Her skin carries a mixed hue of starry-white and rustic-red. On the surface of her body burns heatless flames that shift from orange-red to bluish-white, these tongues of fire are purely aesthetic as they flicker and burn in accordance to Minelauva’s mood but are completely incapable of causing any damage whatsoever.

Bio:

Minelauva is a celestial star spirit that is the representation of the constellation Virgo. She has no idea how old she is as she stopped counting a long time ago. She’s recently gathered enough power to manifest and spent the first few thousand years exploring the galaxy. Eventually, she found herself on earth due to it being a bit more ‘lively’ than other places she’s visited.

Fighting Style:

Minelauva is the essence of what’s known as a ‘tank’. While comparatively slow moving, by manipulating her own weight she can dish out and receive attacks of devastating proportions. Her greatest strength is, however, her defense. When backed by the power of the earth, and then bulking her own weight one would be hard pressed to deliver a physical blow she couldn’t withstand. Naturally, those tactics of hers have their limitations, attacks that aren’t mainly ‘force’ or those which carry ‘explosive’, ‘piercing’ or ‘slicing’ effects are still just as difficult to deal with. To deal with such attacks her weapons of choice are a set of diamond dust gloves and boots, which trail all the way to her elbows and knees respectively. To maintain flexibility and a free-flowing combat style she wears no form of armor or defensive gear. ‘Offense is the Best Defense after all’, She receives attacks using her weapons which cloak her hands, and legs.

=====================================

Uhh, yea, that'd be all of them. As you can probably tell Wystria's gotten the most attention in terms of developing her powers as well as future abilites. I've still got several other ideas in my head for my other characters, but I haven't quite put the pen to paper. They'll get more detailed over time.
Yo, can you link this thing in your signature?

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
What's the storyline right now and when should I come in? Sorry, I'm so behind right now. And I'm also thinking of deleting Kylie and adding a new character instead. Is that okay?