• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Core of the Dragon Academy (A Superpower RP)

Name:Zyden Festley
Year/Grade:7th grade (cuz the average age is 11-13 yrs old)
Appearance:He has Light Blue Hair,Green Eyes,And Wears A Black Hood Over A White Plain T-shirt And Jeans And Sneakers He always put his hood up also he always wears this and its rare not to see him not wearing it
Personality:Shy,Optimistic and hardworking, but sometimes laziness takes over
Powers:Creation Magic: He can create things if he wants to.he can only can have just 1-3 items. breaking the law will have consequences. he gets headaches when doing this so there is a limit. to remove the thing he just created he just need to say 'Evomer [thing]' . He cant create impossible things that breaks any law of thermodynamics,physics,gravity,etc. things that doesn't exist.
Bio: Zyden Came From A Normal Family. Ever Since His Parents Died He lives In His Aunt's Home And He Developed His Shyness Also. He likes Inventing And Inventing. Then One Day He Imagined Things Like A Gold Bar! Then Suddenly It Appeared Out Of Nowhere. Beacause Of His Discovery He Started To Read About Creation Magic. it read "User can create organic or inorganic matter from nothing, either as finished objects or simply unfinished elements. They can create energy, souls and life of any complexity, dimensions or realities, stars, etc. As long as it can be defined as object, user has the power to make it reality." This Has A Limit Tough. To Remove His Creation He Just Need To Say, Evomer [Thing]. he still needs to know how to control it and learn the basics of battling.
Current Guardian: (Mother, Father, both, Grandparent, Aunt, Uncle, etc.) He Lives With His Aunt, Mary Ander

Last edited:
@VolcanoPheonix

This might be your first time RPing, but you're not allowed to post on the RP thread itself until either @Crunchy-Cucumber or @Sky5372 accept you. Don't worry, you're not in trouble. Trust me, I made the same mistake when I first started RPing. All you have to do is delete your post, and wait for one of those members to accept you into this RP.

True Name : Landon White
Year/Grade: 10 grade
Appearance: Has a fluffy hair the color is light brown the skin is white , the color of the eyes is dark brown , wears a dark - green jacket below is an reddish shirt , wears brown jeans and black shoes .
Personality: Modest , Creative , Not smart but not stupid .
Powers: Can control the paper , can shape it , he can create his own paper , moves very fast leaveing paper trails .
Bio: Landon was a simple kid , he wasn't very stupid but not smart at all , he was in the midle , he comes from a rich familly , his familly hate him beacuse he wasn't smart , so Landon ran from , he felt very free , happy and full of energy , but someone started to follow him , Landon think it was the police or his dad but it was an evil man from a evil creed , or some evil wizards who let bad spirits free to possess people. Landon was possessed by one the stalker but an mask on his face made of paper , Landon couldn' breath so he fainted when he woke up he could control the paper change its shape , he find out that he had powers , so he used his powers , he sell origami animals but the police find out about his powers so they start to hunt him , now Landon just wander around leaveing paper trails .
Guardian : Himself

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, sorry. Been busy
Aaanyway... Lemme see

There's kinda a few problems with your sheet, I'll give you a chance to correct 'em
He is apparently 15, but still in what I am going to assume is grade 8? Pretty sure they don't match up
His abilities also seem to be extremely overpowered. He could theoretically create "something that doesn't exist" and blow up the entire planet with a tiny object, could infinitely survive in a room with an infinite stream of food and water (and ever air, seeing as how it works), and apparently is limited by headaches. You might want to either tell me the limit, or set a greater boundary for using the stuff.
He also has zero combat experience, so he would never be able to use a sword he creates or a gun he spawns in. He'd probably just go into panic the second the fighting start, to be completely honest
Overall, with the Merlin ancestry and the very vague and potentially OP power, the whole thing reeks of Mary-sueness. I can't find a particularly bad character trait within him, and I don't really think that shyness and occasional laziness can really count as proper character flaws. See if you can identify the mary-sue within him, and eradicate it, mm-kay?

Name: Shale havinstre
Year/Grade:8
Appearance: Messy blood-red hair, blue jeans, self-knit sweater, combat boots, not uncommon to see him with a clarinet.
Personality: Somewhat lazy, but caring and protective of his friends and especially his disabled mother. Sometimes when he had too much sugar, he goes a little wacko. He is also very emotionally unstable.
Powers: " Emotion control" when he is angry he gains a lot of strength, when he is calmer he gains more intelligence. He can also change nearby people's opinions, so he has stopped a lot of small fights, and wins a lot of arguments. (Opinion changing is temporary, people gain emotional control a few hours later.)
Bio: His father died in a work accident, and his mother lost her legs, so with her father's money from his will, and supported her son's education as much as she could. He was born with his powers, and got in a lot of trouble when he was younger, because he got in a lot of fights.
Current Guardian: Himself, but he frequently visits his mother.

Name: Mancer

Year/Grade: Year 11/ Junior

Appearance: All the clothes Mancer wears are black and white. Including his hoodie he wears everyday to school. He has short black hair with glasses that has black and white markings. Basically he is just a person with black and white accessories.

Personality: Mancer is quite doubtful in a lot of things especially when it comes to other peoples' opinions. Though, he is usually a friendly person to everyone else.

Powers: Mancer can manipulate a type of energy from dragons. These powers don't only give him the ability to create dragon wings, he could create dragon heads from his hands being able to blast beams of fire, ice or lightning. The he could also make these dragon heads bite his opponent's attacks. He could create a dragon claw to slash through a lot of obstacles that's in his way. Mancer could change his body parts into anything that part could do as a dragon. If Mancer ever transforms into an actual dragon, it would only be able to last for a certain amount of time ((Minimum would be 30 minutes. Average would be 2 hours. The most would be 12 hours)) Whenever Mancer is using too much of his dragon energy, dragon scale markings will start to cover his face. It makes him stronger but it starts to make him lose control of his body.

Bio: Mancer has been curious about a lot of things as a kid. Now at the age he is at, he predicts about what would happen if he tries doing something that shouldn't be done. Sadly his parents abandoned him when they found out about his powers. So he got adopted by another couple

Current Guardian: Adoptive Mom

PIE

Last edited:
Appearance: All the clothes Mancer wears are black and white. Including his hoodie he wears everyday to school. He has short black hair with glasses that has black and white markings. Basically he is just a person with black and white accessories.
Personality: Mancer is quite doubtful in a lot of things especially when it comes to other peoples' opinions. Though, he is usually a friendly person to everyone else.
Powers: Mancer can manipulate a type of energy from dragons. These powers don't only give him the ability to create dragon wings, he could create dragon heads from his hands being able to blast beams of fire, ice or lightning. He could create a dragon claw to slash through a lot of obstacles that's in his way. (There's other things he could do but honestly i'm lazy to type it in and i'm also a slow typer)
Bio: Mancer has been curious about a lot of things as a kid. Now at the age he is at, he predicts about what would happen if he tries doing something that shouldn't be done. Sadly his parents abandoned him when they found out about his powers.

PIE
Take your time. We're in no Rush. You have all the time in the world to fully explain your Powers. Saying you're 'too lazy to type it' doesn't really reflect well.

Powers: Mancer can manipulate a type of energy from dragons. These powers don't only give him the ability to create dragon wings, he could create dragon heads from his hands being able to blast beams of fire, ice or lightning. He could create a dragon claw to slash through a lot of obstacles that's in his way. (There's other things he could do but honestly i'm lazy to type it in and i'm also a slow typer)
Bio: Mancer has been curious about a lot of things as a kid. Now at the age he is at, he predicts about what would happen if he tries doing something that shouldn't be done. Sadly his parents abandoned him when they found out about his powers.

PIE
Heya. So, could I get some of the limitations of these powers? They appear to have no negative drawbacks on them, essentially giving him no reason not to hold these forms permanently. Also, I could really use a bit more detail in the bio

I’ll just put this here again, since I’m rejoining this RP.

Name: Daniel Gray
Appearance: Daniel wears a black trench coat with an electric blue shirt and black tie to top it off. Daniel stands 6'5" at womping 173 pounds. He is moderately skinny and has decently toned muscles. His eyes are pale blue and he has black hair with electric blue streaks. His hair is styled in a gentle men's haircut and his left cheek is scared and generally has a smile on his face. :) He also has an electric themed sword. PIE!!!!!!!
Personality: Daniel is a laid back person. He smiles a lot and is comedian, but there is a dark side to him. He can get angry if you ask for help, SOMETIMES. He expresses his love for the fine arts a lot, although he can't draw worth a crap. He loves music and acting, and takes it very seriously. He always wants to add a little extra flare to things. He loves puns.
Powers: Electric Manipulation. Daniel can manipulate and create any form of electricity. If one of his emotions goes into overdrive, he enters Plasma Mode. In Plasma mode, his body is over run with electricity to the point were his body is completely made of Plasma. His hole body is electric blue except for the white of his eyes and his pupil. His legs and arms are are not whole, they look like they're missing pieces. His power is greatly increased in this form. His powers are also AMPed up against metal.
Bio:Daniel grew up In a broken home. His brothers bullied him, his parents were divorced, and his sister has had several different forms of cancer. The only way he could find joy was in the fine arts. He was extremely gifted in school, but often didn't do homework because he was constantly practicing. He often wouldn't take class seriously, so his parents forced him to enter scientific testing to earn a little extra money. The tests were testing the humans different reaction to electricity. One day he came home from testing, only to have all the electronics in the house malfunction. He thought it was just a power outage, but when he went to other places for his daily routine, they all malfunctioned. His parents kept having go to testing. His body was starting to malfunction, due to the fact that brain waves are just shock waves. His power grew and grew. He didn't focus on his powers until High School, where he learned that he could enter Plasma Mode.
Teaches: Fine Arts and Keeping up a Hero/Vigilante Identity.

Last edited:
Heya. So, could I get some of the limitations of these powers? They appear to have no negative drawbacks on them, essentially giving him no reason not to hold these forms permanently. Also, I could really use a bit more detail in the bio
wow I did not see this until I finished making some changes from before. I did add a but more information in the bio. If you want to, I could add more just to explode my brain again ._.

The most popular year is Freshman year, or year 9 so the average age would be around 14-15 ish.

In fact, for people RPing as students their most active character tends to be in freshman year. Only a few of us have 'main' characters that are not students. As such we're planning a class merge to deal with, errrr, 'under-staffing'. It's mainly to facilitate interaction between year groups though.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Name: Zach Mist
Year/Grade:9
Appearance: Edgy clothes: Black beanie, sunglasses, black jeans and hoodie and shoes; red eyes; black hair with red tips
Personality: (TBA)
Powers: Darkness - can create shadow hands- make armor out of darkness, etc
Current Guardian: (Mother, Father, both, Grandparent, Aunt May, Uncle, etc.) Grandparents

Last edited:
lol, I feel like everytime someone adds a character whose ability is darkness related the scope of what they can do is reduced. Maybe it's just a coincidence ~?
Well, didn't you get accepted the first time you posted a character sheet?

Edit: Nope, that was someone else.

Name: Zach Mist
Year/Grade:9
Appearance: Edgy clothes: Black beanie, sunglasses, black jeans and hoodie and shoes; red eyes; black hair with red tips
Personality: (TBA)
Powers: Darkness - can create shadow hands- make armor out of darkness, etc
Current Guardian: (Mother, Father, both, Grandparent, Aunt May, Uncle, etc.) Grandparents
Heya. This thing seems okay, but I feel it could use a bit more depth. Also, I could use a personality, less "ect"s and more specifics.

(Anddddd, this seemed interesting so I went and created the polar opposite of Zach.)
Name: Rose Shinsetsu.
Year/Grade: 9
Appearance: Wears non-edgy clothes. Has blonde hair with the types being a jade colour and is usually seen wearing band T-Shirts and things colored white, like white leggings, gray shoes, and hoodies of multiple different colours.
Personality: Usually optimistic about a lot of things. (Most of her personality will be shown through RPing, so yeah.)
Powers: Light. Can manipulate light, as in make someone blinded by the light, or summon certain things composed of light.
Current Guardian: Her mother.

I kinda made this a Calliope / Caliborn thing. What do you think?

Last edited:
Oh~
Another pair of polar opposites~ Well, it'll be interesting to see how both of you use your Dark-Light opposites as opposed to how my own characters use them.

Yes, that time-skip should indeed be done pretty soon,

Name: Zander Crowell
Year/Grade: 10
Appearance: 6'1, athletic build, spiky dark brown hair that falls to the side, sun kissed skin, and green eyes. Normally seen in a black t-shirt, dark blue jeans, and black shoes with white trim but while training or sparring/fighting he wears a black sleeveless shirt, black pants, white wrist and ankle wraps, and black gi style shoes. Always wearing his shark tooth necklace.
Personality: At first glance Zander may come off as a very serious and uptight person, but if he finds common interests with someone he'll become far a lot friendlier. Even if he warms up to someone he cant hold a conversation as he spends most of his time focused on training (unless they wanna focus on training as well). He's a fairly docile person normally, but he tends to have anger issues if something isn't going right. He doesn't have a bad mind but his grades would reflect otherwise as he always drifts off in thought when he's bored (in class). Overall his personality isn't really affected by his powers, just a normal guy.

Power(s):
Combo Breaker- Every time he lands a successful hit he lands causes his attributes to double (If he hits you once his power doubles, twice it quadruples, etc). However, if he attacks other enemies during a combo, his multiplayer will 'break' starting him back at zero.

Bio: His mother left after he was born so he was raised by a single Dad. His father owns a gym that they also live in so Zander started fighting from a young age and soon came to realize he was naturally gifted in the subject, ending most fights in three hits or less. As he matured, he began realizing the extent of his powers, once they became public knowledge, he received an invitation to CoDA, accepting with great haste. He now spends his days trying to increase his limit (currently 10 hits, a 512x increase.)
Current Guardian: David Crowell (Father)

Last edited:
Different technicalities depending on the situation. The hit just needs to come in direct contact with the user, so even if its blocked it would still double, furthermore, if the attack is avoided, the combo isnt broken, rather his multiplier will start to decrease over an extended period of time from not attacking said target (several minutes).
And if the attack were intercepted by another target, the moment direct contact is made with the person intercepting the attack, his power would instantly drop back to normal (this punch may be slightly stronger than average due to residual energy, but not nearly as strong as it wouldve been).
He can also receive hits and continue his combo, but if he falls unconscious, again, his power will reset.
(Hope thats enough explanation)

TBH I was originally gonna make Rose’s power Fear.
But for the sake of polar opposites, I had to make it Light. Light can’t exist without Darkness. She does like drum and bass music, btw.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Nearly forgot what I was gonna say, heh. Anyways if you guys find Zach too op please tell me. Btw some abilities of his powers include making shadow clones of himself (no not naruto style, they are just shadowy) and can make blades.

Oh, worry not. My original character already preempted you on all of that xD Down to the blades and shadow doppelgangers. Though she prefers to use pole-arms rather than blades.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
At least we don't have mimicry... Also maybe I should change his magic??? Blood manipulation... Or something. EXPLODE THE HUMANS! Umm matter manipulation. Yep. That sounds about right. But maybe I should make it only on him...

I mean if we wanna talk about OP Freshman, there's Ryker..................
(He can manipulate energy, create actual clones of himself, take massive hits, deal massive hits, and knock himself out with his power)
But he's fine.