• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
"Ooohh sob story what are you a social worker?" Mikey asked Miles. "Umm honestly my Mum just left me when I was young so my Dad didn't really no how to be Dad and was never home because he was busy at work one day we got in an argument and he hit me, so I grabbed what i could and ran and ran until I couldn't stop, ever since then just stayed at other people's places, Johnny the guy who lives here kinda just disappeared about 8 months ago, pretty generic right?" Mikey told Miles sighing sticking a cigarette in his mouth and lighting it. "Just white trash really." Mikey sighed.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Marco washed out the cuts on his cheek as well as the scrapes on his arms and head. He clenched his teeth as the cold water painfully cleaned the wounds. He finished, and turned back to the group. "Casty, I apologize for the bruise." The apology was awkward, since Marco was still embarrassed for his outburst, and he also felt weird apologizing. @Gamingfan

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Luzen smiled "I'd say it's nice to meet you Erik, but I think we can both agree these aren't the best circumstances." he joked in an attempt to lift everyone's spirits, including his own." Anyways, you shouldn't feel bad about killing those guys. They had it coming a mile away.
Someone passed by, entered the bunker, came out and apologized to him. It was the dude who punched him outta the blue. Despite the throbbing of his cheek, Luzen sighed "It's 'kay mate. Although my name isn't- Damn!" the guy looked absolutely horrible, like the other girl if the attackers were slightly more sympathetic.
"Dude! Are you okay?" he asked in a strained voice. "W-What the hell happened?"
It was uncanny how everyone has been turning up hurt recently. First him with a bullet wound, which felt pathetic in comparison the full body makeover the other two went through.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
"I just got inta a fight. Nothin too bad." Marco smiled. "Ya shoulda seen the other guy though. Anyways, we still got work ta do. If people gonna be living here, we should get ta work. Either that or we kick ass, because hiding isn't changing shit. Sure we got a little hurt, but it ain't too bad fa most of us." He took a deep breath. "Whatevah. I know I ain't the brains, so who else gotta idea?"

As Blair entered the bathroom and closed the door behind her, she heard what she thought was a little talking mouse that wanted to mimic her. She turned around and put her ear on the door trying to listen. But instead of making contact with the wood(If it's a metal door, then replace wood with metal), her mark started glowing and her head phased completely through the door. She was quite surprised, but get surprise turned into annoyance when she saw that Miles was, in fact, the little mouse. She rolled her eyes, then proceeded to mock him in a deep voice.
"Hands off the goods, use your own body." After one last glare, she retracted her head into the bathroom. Her mark stopped glowing, and she regained mass. For some reason, she didn't pass through the floor, which was pretty weird, but she was thankful that she didn't fall through the ceiling of someone else taking a shower. She got undressed and untied her ponytail, her beautiful hair falling on her bare shoulders. She took a step towards the shower head and turned on the water, below room temperature. For some reason, she actually kinda enjoyed cold showers, but even she doesn't know if it's because of the benefits, or because it feels okay. She stretched her hand out front, and the cold water hit her skin somewhat gently. She winced at first, but then fully stepped in the water.

After some time, she stepped out of the bathroom, fully dressed in her old clothes, which didn't even look that dirty anymore. She walked over to the table and grabbed more than half the boxes there, and her VPad.
"Thank you." She turned on her heels, then walked into the bedroom and closed the door behind her with her foot. She put the boxes on the floor and opened the weak wrapping with her nails. She opened the packages and began rummaging through them, trying to find something to wear.

Another ten minutes have passed, and Blair came out the bedroom, revealing her new outfit. Her hair was still in her classic ponytail, but her clothes didn't really look like her style. She was wearing a black halter top that didn't really reach her belly button and some long blue ripped jeans, on her feet she was wearing some white sneakers with black lines. And to top it all off, she had a black, thin choker.
"Alright, I'm done. Not exactly what I'm used to, but it's best to not look exactly like ourselves right now. Anyways, it's your turn, Mister Goldwell."
@Barefoot_Kittens
@Thomas the trainer

Miles listened to Mikey with narrowed eyes, a bit surprised the male had decided to explain. His brow's twitched at the whole johnny just kinda disappeared part- was that supposed to be generic? If that something that poor people were just used to? But by the time Mikey had finished, Miles almost felt bad for him. It's not like he had a terrible past, but it was just enough to make Miles regret how he treated his parents- only a little- it was a fleeting feeling, really. He tried to think of something to say in response, but ended up falling silent. After a few moments had passed, Miles rolled his eyes at the boy "If you're gonna do that, at least make some use of it-" Miles huffed as he gestured to the cigarette, "Why don't you try to see how your ability works." As Blaire finally walked out, Miles looked up at her but she was quickly gone again.
Miles was already sorting through his boxes when Blaire came out, he had his clothing of choice hanging over one arm, upon seeing the girl he had to stifle a chuckle. Miles bit his lip to keep himself from bursting out in laughter, "Someone really let their angsty teen come show through." Miles smirked. "You've gotta leave some stuff to the imagination." Miles teased before walking past the girl to make his way into the bathroom. As he closed the door behind him, Miles furrowed his brows- did he really just say that? Perhaps he was growing to comfortable around the girl. Miles quickly changed into a pair of dark grey joggers with a royal blue t-shirt, his shoes were still at the door- where he took them off out of habit. He walked back where the others were and huffed, "So, Mikey, got any food in the hell hole or are we going out? I'm not training on an empty stomach." Miles said as he rolled his shoulder back.

Jackie looked around the sheltered alley, it was hard to imagine that everyone around her was sitting in a classroom just the other day. They all looked dirty and hurt, and sad and angry- not expressions that she'd ever seen on any of them. When Luzen and Marco entered, the girl gasped. She wasn't sure what had happened, but it appeared that the boys were figuring it out themselves. Jackie slumped down into a chair, she felt like crying. Everything was happening so fast. So, those agent looking guys were still on the street- that meant they knew the kids were still in the city. Jackie looked around to talk to Cole, but it appeared the other girl was nowhere to be found.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Rin had left his brother alone, and made his way to the only place he knew as home. He walked towards the Niten Cha, but on his way he felt like he was being followed. He looked behind him, but no one was there. He made his way to a back alley, nobody could sneak behind him without being noticed. He looked behind him, turning his eyes a deep red. Who ever was sneaking up must've known they were caught or they were just giving up on stealth. "what do you want?" he snarled through his mask, he was ready to kill at this point. "What is it with the kagune mark and wanting to kill" the girl laughed.

She was around 5'7 and looked a bit older than him, she was wearing a black suit. "Look kid if you want to fight go ahead but I'm not going to kill you" she said. He ran at her trying to swing at her head, but each swing was met with a counter strike or a block. "Why do you people chase me?" he shouted, getting angry. "why not, your the weakest of the bunch" she retorted. He swung harder and faster striking her on the face. She stumbled back, looking shocked but then smiled at Rin. "My turn" she said, before running at him. She grabbed his arm and swung him into the wall. She then kneed him in the chest, before throwing him on his back. "You lose" she said, before stomping on his throat knocking him out.

He woke up later that day in an empty room. The walls, ceiling and floor were checkered black and white, The room was lit by a single light bulb in the ceiling. "Where am I?" he screamed, he was terrified, it felt like the room was folding on him. His arms chained to the arms of the metal chair. A man in a checkered black and white suit had wore a sack on his head with slits for eyes and stitches for a mouth. "Finally your awake" he said, slapping Rin on the back. "Are you going to join the Absorbers" he asked in a cold voice. "What are the Absorbers?" he asked. "Wrong answer" the man replied, smacking Rin around the face. "Will you join the Absorbers?" he repeated. "No!" in shouted back. "Fine then, I can be persuasive" the man replied. He pulled out, what seemed to be a steel cylinder, with a hammer. "Did you know the human body has 206 bones?" he said moving to Rin. "The human hand has 27" he said holding Rin's thumb. "Let's see how long it takes till you break, like your bones" he said, violently twisting Rin's thumb breaking it. He let out a muffled cry. "That's one, there's 26 left to go". Slowly slowly the man started breaking each finger in Rin's hand. When he finished, Rin was in tears, shaking his head violently. He was begging for him to stop, but the man continued. He now used his steel cylinder to break all the bones in Rin's wrist. Then Rin's arm. At the end of this, Rin was on the verge of collapsing from the pain. The checkered wall was spinning and he could't tell up from down or left to right. He couldn't move his left arm. "Will you join the Absorbers?" the man asked, one final time. "No" came the weak reply. "Very well then we will continue this tomorrow" he said before leaving the room.

(OOC-sorry for ditching, I wanted to continue, but found it hard when Sans and Oliver didn't reply)

Last edited:
Mikey looked at Blair "I for one like the outfit." "Training huh don't I just breath lots of smoke tho." Mikey thought. He told Blair giving her a thumbs up he walked into the kitchen and opened up the fridge "How bout some pizza." Mikey offered grabbing the ham and mushroom pizza and putting it into the oven i'll give it about 5 minutes." Mikey muttered. "So Blair whats the deal with your family?" Mikey asked. "As I'm guessing your not as well off as mr goodwell." Mikey told Blair

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Well, Cole thought with forced optimism. At least he's still alive. On the flip side... They know we're around here. They won't stop until they find us. She sighed and shook her head before walking back through the hologram and addressing the other highschoolers within. "I think we should bunker down, lay low, get a handle on our powers. We don't want to alert them of our location." If they don't already know it, the cynical part of her brain said. Shut up, cynacism. I have enough of you without being spoken to by myself. "I know that there's a lot at stake, but... I mean..." She was struggling with how to put it into words. "In order for Marco to get into a fight with one of them, then they had to have been around here." She glanced at him apologetically, somewhat guilty that she was using him to make a point. "And that means they know we're in this area. It's probably best that we don't do anything until we know exactly what we're up against, as well as how to use these... abilities."

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Luzen snorted "Oh of course, that way, a couple hundred others could die. Obviously." he knew he was being rude, but all this talk about "laying low" was starting to piss him off.
"You realize what's happening right? People are being tortured by some high-and-mighty douchebags thinking they're above everyone else. You say we can save her later? Is there even going to be a later? What do you think they'll do when her powers are drained? Send her home with a thank you note? They shot me, and beat the crap out of those two. We're rebelling superpowered teens. What do you think they'll do with a someone at their mercy? Furthermore, they longer we wait, the more powers they drain, and the stronger they'll get. You get stronger, they get stronger. We're going to be at equal footing anyway, why risk the lives of others? So I apologize, but this "laying low" idea just stupid. We need to take them out and do it now."
God, he really fucked up. Why did he have to say this? Luzen knew that since he was "the new guy" that the others probably wouldn't even listen to him. Still, no one was saying anything, so he may as well.
God! Why me?

(OOC: No one is starting the rebellion so I may as well. VIVA THE REVOLUTION!)

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Stiles sighed, "I agree with Cole, we aren't ready to face them, so what if we have got lucky when it was one on one or one on two, this will be a huge army, we're just kids, even if we've got powers we don't stand a chance" he said as he entered the base. "I want to rescue the other marked but I dont want more people to be taken or killed. We should get stronger, find out more about them and then strike" he said looking down slightly, he hated nit being able to go but he didn't let that cloud his judgement.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
"Anybody who don't want a parta da ones who want to change some things doesn't hafta come. But I think I know how ta melt things. Anyone else who wanna pound some dicks can come wit." Marco licked the inside of his bloody cheek with a serious and authoritative glare. "So who' up?"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Talia looked faint, glancing between the two groups. On one hand, she was terrified for Allie, and wanted to save her as soon as possible. On the other, if Talia was killed, she knew Allie would do something reckless... which was something Talia didn't want. And in her current state, her death was likely if she attacked again.
She looked down meekly. She truly was not sure what to do. She was more than capable of defending herself, but Allie was her utmost concern. Her head told her not to go, but her heart was screaming at her. And yet another part of her wanted something else... revenge.
She shut down that last desire immediately, shaking her head. This wasn't about revenge. Revenge only would hurt her. But still, a burning hatred was present inside her, the desire to make those villains feel the same pain they had caused her.
Her body temperature began to rise again, and her hands immediately set on fire, as Talia's face twisted in indecision.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Marco noticed the fire, and walked over to Talia. "Hey missy, hows about you stay here. You need some rest. I promise imma get those asshats off our trail an' your sistah outta their paws." He gave a goofy grin as he pressed his palm through the flames and onto hers. "Ya think ya can trust me?"

Blair raised a questioning eyebrow at Miles. That was certainly a weird line, especially coming from him. She expected something like: 'Those clothes are for riff raffs, I eat boogers." She guessed there were more surprises to come, because you never know with rich people. She looked at their host, at least he liked her outfit. She gave him a grateful smile as she sat on the couch.
"Thanks, for the compliment and for the pizza." She checked her nails again, and was going to talk about training, but Mikey's question stopped her. She looked at him bewildered. "Um, excuse me?" She couldn't believe that Mikey would ask her that, they only just met.
At first, she was going to not say and scold him about bluntness, but then she sighed.
"Whatever, I have a nuclear family. I live with my dad, my mom, my annoying brother and my pet axolotl. Nothing too special. Not too rich and spoiled, not to poor and sad. Understand?"
@Thomas the trainer

Although he was one of the newest "Marked" to come across this group, Erik managed to vaguely understand the situation that he had wandered into, and the constant exchange of argument gave him enough information to provide his own opinion. Cole and Luzen both provided good points--with Stiles having agreed with Cole--but Erik couldn't help but frown ever so slightly upon hearing something that seemed to be repeated. Raising his hand the smallest bit, but enough to draw attention, he cleared his throat quietly before speaking.

"I.. I'm still really new in this group; I'll bet there's still a number of people in there who don't know my name. But if it's alright for me to say.. I kind of agree with Luzen. Obviously we're not strong yet; we've just discovered these powers. That being said, the Absorption is going to get a lot stronger before we do, never mind the fact that there are more of them. It's probably going to take a long time before we can actually fully control this, anyway, so imagine what the Absorption could do in that same amount of time. This doesn't mean we should attack right now though, because that would be meaningless; I just think the sooner we can leave to rescue whoever's been captured, the better.

...What if we capitalize on the fact that we can't control these powers? I still don't know how I feel killing those men, but I really do want to help you guys. If we have people with really strong powers like fire or inhuman strength, we'll have that element of explosiveness, and that should be able to get us through a lot of the Absorption, even if they mobilize an army."

As Erik spoke, he returned his gaze to his marked hand. It seemed that the intensity of his electricity from before had subsided a bit, but small blue sparks still crackled around his fingers. "If I can get inside the facility, I could fry the place; security systems, imprisonments, blast doors. Once that's done, the Absorption will have to deal with two things at once, and that should give us a bigger chance to actually face these guys."

"Yes Ma'm, sorry if I'm being annoying just want to know you guys a bit better, Axolotl are cool tho." Mikey told Blair regretting what he said, Mikey stood up grabbing the pizza from the oven. "Ham and Mushroom my favourite." Mikey proudly announced. "Dig in I'm not hungry." Mikey told Blair. "So what kind of training you planning on doing my plan is to smoke a ton of cigarets and see how much i can puff out much to the despair of my lungs and teeth i guess there already pretty stuffed," Mikey joked gravely.

Miles shot a glare at Mikey, hardly noticeable, when he complimented Blaire's outfit. "Yeah, whatever." the boy shrugged when Mikey offered pizza, at this point he was too hungry to complain. When Mikey asked Blaire about her life, the girl seemed to be somewhat defensive, earning an apology from Mikey. Miles couldn't help but snicker when Mickey referred to the girl as ma'am, the boy let out a long sigh as he ran a hand through his still damp hair. Although far from perfect, this really wasn't that bad. They were still laughing and hanging out, in a way Miles was glad he had met the rag-tag pair of teenagers before him. "I wonder if it's just a coincident that you're ability has to do with smoke," Miles said rather randomly as he took a piece of pizza, "I mean, it's possible that the abilities we've developed have something to do with our past habits or thoughts. Maybe not- I hate to think that there are people out there who know more about these powers than we do." Miles a growl rumbled in Miles' throat as he thought about the men who had hunted him. The boy plopped down on the other side of the couch, and looked up at the old ceiling, "I guess I'll start my testing my abilities limits and then expanding them. Probably work on the the distance I can travel as well as the duration of time I can keep my... portals open." Miles hesitated before saying portal, it still made him feel like a 6 year old playing make believe when he said things like that.

Jackie's eyes followed each person as they spoke, she brought her knees to her chest and listened intently. The girl's heart pounded as the argument heated up before cooling down. The new guy was calm and reasonable, others were brimming with emotion they couldn't control. No matter what they did, they could satisfy everyone. Whatever choice they make would be wrong. The girl knew that many of the people around her already at least somewhat knew how to use their abilities, she assumed she was fairly behind on that. But she was so afraid. She was afraid just to try- what is something went wrong? The girl sunk deeper into the seat and remained quiet, she knew she wouldn't go an attack the enemy. Even if every other person in the room did- she couldn't. Yet, the girl just remained quiet.

"Yeah it's weird maybe our powers are based of our genes or something, I have so many questions about my smoke like what kind of smoke it is at I assumed it was cigarette smoke but that could be wrong i also wonder if the smoke i produce can affect my lungs?" Mikey tried to answer Miles questions about his ability."God this is so weird we just have these powers and you can open portals which is bizarre like what are the portals is it a black hole because it transferring you on a molecular level, but that would kill you then right?" Mikey asked Miles. Maybe were like the new evolution of the human race or something, or maybe it's magic.?" He told the two the two lighting a cigarette sounding serious.

Blair took a slice of pizza and listened to her 'associates', as Miles would say, talk about training. Then Mikey began rambling on about why they had these powers, that they were special, that they were more evolved then the rest of the humans, that they had magic, which seemed like a load of baloney to her.
"I don't know, something must have happened to us that made these marks to appear. We either had some interaction with toxic waste... somehow." She suggested, but realized how stupid that theory was. She took another slice of pizza and continued. "Nevermind. But... it isn't because we're like, mutants, it's just, it might just be the mix of our parents' genes, they might have some sort of... half a gene that does this? But without looking into it, we could never know. And those agents want them, so it must be pretty rare." She looked at the two boys, waiting to hear a 'You're crazy!' from Miles and a "Maybe...' from Mikey.
"But anyways, we should stop wasting time and get to training. I guess I could try passing through the TV antenna..."
@Thomas the trainer
@Barefoot_Kittens

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Stiles turned to Erik, "you may say that if we capitalise the fact that we are 'stronger' when we can't control our powers, who is to say they dont already have people with abilities that can control them with ease, even if you use raw power, experience will always win. Knowledge is power and that's why the smartest thing to do would be to wait, for all we know they might need to do research before extracting a power so I wouldn't say it's so urgent that we risk a suicide mission" he paused as he thought of something, something some of the others must of realised, "and who is to say she is even still there, or even still alive, we dont know" he said sinking down into a chair, he could almost sense this rift between the group getting bigger, and he was pretty sure there was no bringing it back together.

=Nightshade=

Cole cringed inwardly as Stiles said exactly what she was thinking. She felt conflicted; she wanted to do what was best for the group, but she didn't know what that was. And there were still a lot of them who hadn't given their opinion, making Cole think that they disapproved of the whole disagreement altogether. She could feel the tension hanging thick in the air, so thick she could almost cut it with a knife. There were two groups within the larger whole that were getting more distinct: those who were pro-suicide mission, and those who were pro-live-to-fight-another-day.

The girl's mind couldn't help but wander to the other superpowered individuals who she'd spotted at school who weren't with the group now. Blair, Miles... There's also Rin and Kenya... God only knows where they are now. What if they've been taken? Wouldn't you risk it, Cole? She shook her head vigorously to clear those thoughts. Blair can take care of herself. Miles has plenty of money. Kenya and Rin would stick together, right...? Plus, Rin tried to eat human flesh. I think he can take care of himself. Cole slowed in her headache-causing head-shaking, then stopped altogether, trying to steady her voice and sound confident.

"Stiles makes a good point," she said tiredly. "I mean, before, it took two? Three? of us, one of us dying, in order to escape two guys. Luckily, the one who died was the immortal one"--She cast another apologetic glance at Stiles, guilty that she was once again using him to make a point--"and we all got away safely. If all those variables didn't mix in that exact way, we'd all be dead."

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Luzen crossed his arms. Clearly not everyone was convinced. What's more, the atmosphere was much more tense. They weren't just discussing options, this could very well split up the group.
Luzen was starting to get pissed. Still, he felt somewhat guilty about how Cole and Stiles were talking. They spoke softly, quite sadly as well. They wanted to help, they just believed they couldn't at the moment.
He needed to knock that thinking out of the park "You make it sound like we'll be running in waving our arms and screaming 'Lol get pranked.' You say they nearly got all of you, correct? I'm just guessing, but I'm assuming that's because they had the element of surprise. Not this time. We'll surprise them, whether we go in a kick their asses or sneak in and kick them on the way out, with a bigger number of people than we came in with, mind you. And for all we know, they're starting the process right at this moment. If not for her, then at least for the others who've been taken."
He started rubbing his arm. Ugh, all this arguing was starting to make it throb.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
As Rin tried to sleep, he was about to doze off when the door opened and the mystery man came in. "No, No No No, please I'm begging you. Don't please no!", his pleas were in vain as the man went up to his broken arm. He pressed down on it," Impressive, you must've got to the healing marked, that makes you even more fun" he whispered by Rin's ear. The torture continued, each hit was worse than the last. Why me, why does it have to be me, I never wanted these powers, dammit, he thought. Rin saw someone standing in the corner. He stared at them, and they stared back. I'm not going to join them, and no one is here to save me I'm basically a dead man, he thought. "C'mon kid let's be reasonable, if you join I'll stop" the man said to him, almost sympathetically until he started laughing at the top of his lungs. "So what if you don't join, I don't care your just another victim" he laughed. "I won't join" he said weekly before ensuring the hours of torture, until the man left again.

"Your pathetic" the figure finally spoke. "What do you mean pathetic? I'm chained to a chair, what am I supposed to do?" he shot back. "You have a power beyond belief, use it" the figure retorted. "Who are you anyway?" Rin asked. " I'm your mark" the figure said sitting on Rin's lap. "Let me in again and the pain will stop, I will make it stop" it said. Up close the figure looked like a girl around his age, with red hair with white tips. "Wait your the one who made me take that man's arm, your the one that made me attack the police ,my brother and the kid in the hall? I don't want to hurt the man, he doesn't deserve death" He said to her. "Fine then, you can die I don't mind" she said disappearing as quick as she came.

"Well go ahead." Mikey told Blair pointing at the TV "Just don't break it what ever you do." Mikey warned Blair. "I guess i'll try smoking and producing as much smoke as possible Mikey muttered or maybe try and understand the smoke." Mikey explained standing up and walked to the balcony he then stuck a cigarette in his mouth and took out his lighter he blew the smoke at the lighter causing some bits of the smoke to turn to flames but were then quickly blown out by the wind.

Erik would be lying if he had said he wasn't getting a little frustrated, though he had tried to hide it behind a calm and stoic demeanor. He was the new guy, so it really wasn't his place to argue with people who had already been debating this topic since before he had gotten here; however, he couldn't help but see some holes in Stiles' argument, and he found himself continuing the argument.

"I'm sorry, but how long has this been going on? Some of us may not have known about this until we were actually jumped, but rumors of the Absorption and the Marked have been going around for several years, from what I've heard. It's very unlikely that the Absorption doesn't have the resources to extract powers quickly by now. And everyone here definitely can recall correctly: we were attacked. The Absorption got the jump on us, and we were the ones running for our lives because we were caught by surprise. If we play things out correctly now, I'm certain we'll be able to turn it around onto them, as well as save whoever needs saving."

The more he talked, the more Erik could tell he was quickly losing his cool, and his calm tone had been on the verge of becoming that of an exasperated one before he quickly stopped himself from saying more. His new ability seemed to reflect this, as more blue lightning began coursing around his body. After taking a deep breath, Erik felt the crackling sensation of the electricity on his skin subside before exhaling a sigh of resignation and shoved his hands into his pockets. "I-I'm sorry; it's not my place to talk. That's all from me; I'll be willing to go along with whatever plan we decide on." With that, he walked back over to the wall across from Cole's holographic door, taking a seat and leaning his head against the concrete.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Stiles listened to what the others had to say but still believed staying and preparing was the better choice so he sighed deeply and then looked to the group "maybe we dont decide on one plan, maybe this is just where some of us part ways, it's clear there are two plans of action here, so I guess the simple way for this is people who agree with Cole and I stay since this is Cole's place and people who agree with Erik, Luzen and Marco should leave, I think this would stop the risk of this argument turning physical" he said looking to each person in turn before stepping back to see what would happen next.

Miles pursed his lips together to stifle a chuckle at Blaire's explanation of the abilities, "Yea, just let me know when the X-men come looking to recruit us." Miles shrugged sarcastically. The boy finished his slice of pizza and let out a content sigh, "Well, let's head to the roof- it's probably the best place to train." Miles suggested before he snapped his fingers and a large portal opened to the side of him. He was going to have to test it eventually, might as well do it now- hopefully they wouldn't die in the process. "Going up." Miles gave a thumbs up and gestured towards his hole in space.

Blair rolled her eyes at Mister Goldwell's comment. She wanted to mock him so hard, but then they would just start arguing again, so she needed to stick to mind mocking, which is totally a real phrase...
" 'JuSt LeT mE kNoW wHeN tHe X-mAn CoMe ReCrUiTiNg Us!!!' Ugh, he's so annoying! Look at me, I have money so I think I'm a God, when in fact I'm the incarnation of goat manure!" She sighed heavily and got up, but not before getting the last slice of pizza. She walked towards the door and opened it. She glanced back at Mikey and called out to him. "Come on, move it! The more we manage to train, the less chances that we're gonna get captured!" With that, she walked out of the apartement and closed the door behind her.

After finally finding the stairs, she opened the door to the roof, the flat, deserted roof. She took a few steps forward, searching for Mister Goldwell. It was best for them to train together, in case someone attacks them. While looking for him, she analyzed the place, thinking of the best way to try to hone her power.
@Barefoot_Kittens
@Thomas the trainer

Mikey followed Blair up the stairs don't worry about showing your powers no one comes up here." Mikey told Blair. "I think Johnny told me this place was used for money laundering or something." Mikey told Blair sticking his hands in his jacket looking at the roof. "Got anything in mind?' MIkey asked Blair. "I can do something cool" Mikey bragged lighting a cigarette he then stuck the lighter in front of him and puffed out a smoke ring which was ignited by the lighter after about a second it was blown out by the wind. "Cool right?" Mikey asked Blair.

Blair looked at Mikey demonstratimg to her what he can do with his power, and it was quite impressive, coming from someone who just discovered their powers today.
"Cool, I guess. You can use that to burn our enemies, or blind them. Pretty handy for ambushes. Anyway, I haven't really checked. But anyways, where is Miles??!! He should've been here by now! Ugh, those portals are way to umpredictable." She looked around for him with worry in her eyes. Not that she cared about him that much, but she knew that he got attacked by agents before, so who knew what could've happened to him.
@Thomas the trainer
@Barefoot_Kittens

Miles watched his new companions walk awake, leaving him alone in the center of the living room. Miles narrowed gaze followed them out before he put a foot into his portal, but he quickly stepped back out- eyes drawn to the one thing he couldn't stop thinking about- the locked vault on the wall. Now that he was alone, the boy could finally see exactly what Mikey was hiding. Honestly, Miles didn't like Mikey. Not only was he suspicious, but he was obviously trying to manipulate Blair- complimenting her and laughing with her like they were best friends. Miles walked towards the vault, he could make a portal for just his hands to get inside the vault. As Miles extended a hand, he hesitated- why did he hesitate? The boy watched his shaky hands, never before as he cared about anyone's trust or opinion of him- so why couldn't he move? Miles stood for an extra second before grumbling under his breath and walking back towards the living room. He made a large portal to lead to the roof and stepped through it, appearing suddenly from the hole in space and joining the others. He was surprised they managed to get up so quickly. He simply decided not to addresses his tardiness as he cracked his knuckles and sighed, "If I develop lung cancer from second hand smoke, I'm suing." Miles stated towards Mikey before sighing as he looked up at the clear sky- hard to believe the weather was so pretty on such a terrible day. "Let's take an hour to ourselves, test your abilities and what not. Then we can help each other out afterwards, I'm sure that training would be more effective that way." Miles stated flatly "At the slightest hint of danger, we'll leave." the boy added. He wasn't one to run from a fight, but for now he was prioritizing the future battles.

Jackie still stayed quiet as the argument continued. Eventually, Stiles sort of deescalated things with a simple request- those who wanted to fight would leave. The girl hung her head and held her knees to her chest, why did they have to fight among themselves? It only made it harder to fight the actual enemy. The girl looked up again before sighing, "Let's get our feet under us before we try anything." she whispered simply, siding with Stiles and Cole.

"Sure thing, yeah I'll try to cut down on the cigarets I'm not used to living with non smokers." Mikey responded to Miles training idea. "By the way if you guy's feel uneasy or like your being watched warn everyone." Mikey ordered Balir, and Miles seriously. "Yeah right if you felt scared you'd probably just run and abandon everyone coward..." Mikey thought the last word hanging in his mind. Mikey walked behind a bunch of barbecues on the roof. "Ok lets see if I can make this more inconspicuous." Mikey muttered to himself. He lit a cigarette and blew out some smoke he then again stuck a cigaret into his mouth and blew out a more wispier smoke.

Blair grew more and more worried. What if Miles blew their secret? She could tell he wasn't the careful type. Or maybe he ditched them. Again, she wouldn't have been surprised. She didn't want to be the only one that gets sick from all of Mikey's smoke, someone had to go down with her!
She was about to rush down to the apartment, when she heard his voice. She turned on her heel and faced him, clearly displeased.
"Tch, took you long enough." She muttered, right before he suggested that they all part for an hour to hone their newly discovered powers. She couldn't understand why they couldn't just do it together, but she didn't complain, it was the only idea they've got. She didn't a second longer and left the boys, in the middle of Miles' advice. She made her way to a potted plant, which she didn't understand why was on the roof, but she guessed that would work. She bent down and started gently poking the flower's thick stem, repeating in her mind:
"Pass through it.... Pass through it." And the more she wanted that to happen, the more her mark glowed. Eventually, right before she would've given up, her hand passed harmfully through the plant, it and the rest of her body losing colour. She smiled to herself, she managed to activate her very confusing power. She thought it would be harder, because it didn't make a lot of sense, her feet weren't passing through the roof, her air didn't escape her lungs, and it only either activated by accident, or in that battle. She had to fully control it, otherwise all of this running away, risking her life by staying in a shady apartment, her reputation at school (for missing the classes) and her family's lives by simply being associated with them, would all be in vain.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
(OOC: Casual bump-up is casual)

Despite considering the option himself, Luzen was still stunned at Stiles's idea. "I-I mean...that's not what I..."
He didn't exactly agree with the plan. It'd be much harder to take down these Absorption jokers with only a part of the group. Still, Stiles had a point. This argument is an insult away from getting physical, especially with Cheeky McPunchface over there. He didn't want to force anyone to fight either. And standing around here arguing isn't helping them save anyone.
Luzen sighed "I...guess it's the best option we have..."
He gave a weak grin "Alright everybody. Pick your poison."

Mikey tried to blow out smoke and then took out his lighter and turned it on he then blew the smoke into the fire causing it to light he then stuck out his finger and moved the finger up which caused the fire to go up a bit. "Yes I'm starting to get somewere, I'm bassicaly a superhero!" Mikey shouted happily"Alright guys would you say that is enough training." Mikey walked away from his training spot to the others "we can train another time." He suggested.

Miles nodded at Mikey's final words about the actions to take if they felt they were being watched. If they were being watched already, there was definitely a problem. When the others departed to work separately, Miles let out a long sigh and rolled his shoulders back. He narrowed his eyes on a nearby rooftop before lifting his palm slightly and having the air in front of him open up as a large, dark whole in the atmosphere. Miles stepped through confidently and smiled when he came out on the other side and saw Blair and Mikey in the distance. The boy then opened a small portal, hardly 10 inches in diameter, and stuck his hand through it in order to poke his own back. The boy's eyes grew wide when he succeeded, "Nice." Miles huffed as he stood up straight before looking down at both of his hands. He wasn't sure whether or not he'd be able to improve such ability, but it was easily his biggest flaw. He could only open one portal at a time and it took about 20 seconds for a portal to close once opened, meaning he'd be too slow. Miles concentrated hard and opened both his palms at once, but only succeeded in opening one portal, Miles clicked his tongue before looking back at the others. It seemed they were progressing well. As a pride expression took over Blair's face and Mikey yelled out excitedly, a fond smile grew across Miles lips- maybe it wasn't so bad to keep them around. So long as they could keep up, of course. Shaking his head, Miles continued teleportation across several buildings before back to the roof where the other two marked were training.
Miles wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead when Mikey suggested it was time to break. Miles looked up at the male before nodding briefly and dropping to a sitting position on the rooftop, still fiddling with his ability as he poked each finger through a tiny portal. "Hey, ghostie, you better start going through walls and stuff pretty soon because right now you're pretty useless." Miles huffed bluntly as he looked up at the sky, he didn't mean to be rude but he wanted to hurry up and make the next move already- and as much as he hated to admit it, he wouldn't do it until the others were ready. Switching his gaze towards Mikey he added, "As for you, granted you're asthma's worst nightmare, with an ability like that you can definitely get more dangerous." he shrugged "You're no super hero until you start breathing fire."

Blair had now moved to poking the flower pot of the flower, not wanting to hurt it. Her power activated more and more frequently, it's like the Mark was finally listening to her! A feeling of joy washed over her, she wasn't completely hopeless, and wasn't completely useless!!!---

because right now you're pretty useless.

Blair's face scrunched up into a scowl and whipped around to see the money covered scoundrel. When her eyes set on Miles, it almost looked like they were ablaze. She was about to run at him, grab the collar of the shirt and toss him off the building. She took a step towards him, but then she stopped. That wasn't okay!... since he could've just teleported back onto the roof. She walked into the boys' direction and clenched her teeth, trying not to let any insults about Miles' ugly face. When she passed him, she couldn't help but mutter.
"Until you teleport us to our victory, you're useless too." She stopped 3 feet away from the boys and leaned against the door.
"Well, now that we trained..." She said to the others, but whispered the next part. "Some incorrectly think they did better than others..... We should probably do some research on whatever these Marks are..." She glanced at the back of her right hand and gazed at the turquoise crescent moon that still had a faint glow to it, then looked back at the boys. "... And see what we can find. And unless anyone from the goverment is tracking us, we should be fine... I hope."

@Barefoot_Kittens
@Thomas the trainer

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Cole sighed, rubbed her temples. "I... I don't like this... but I agree it's probably our best option... our only option..." She shook her head. "I don't get any of this. Which is why I'm going to hang back and train, hopefully get stronger, so that I can actually stand a chance once we do go for a rescue mission." She sighed, casting imploring looks around the place. Her gaze was met by different expressions; ones of anger, insecurity, fear, indignance, reluctance, and calm acceptance. "I really don't think this is a good idea... but if it's what we think is best as a whole, then so be it."

"Guys please." Mikey told Blair and Miles putting up his hands. "Do you reckon there could be some more people like us and maybe a way of contacting them if we want to research we should probably hit up an internet cafe nearby cause i wan't to hold onto this place for as long as possible." Mikey explained packing his cigarets away and blowing out a smoke ring using his power. "Sick." Mikey quietly muttered, beginning to exit the rooftop.