• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
"I got the same info from hacking their systems," Cole confirmed Talia's earlier statement. "Seriously, though, breaking into their code was like breaking into the CIA. Actually, breaking the CIA code was easier. But right now, we need some serious practice with our powers. Once we have everything under control, we'll head back in. And we will get your sister back."

Neon raised an eyebrow at Marco's outburst. Strange, Neon thought he was being the exact opposite of a 'Dick' helping tend to Talia's wounds, but, whatever.
"Hey, don't give up yet." He told Talia.
"Like Dusker said, now that you know where it is, and, like Cole said, once we all train and get up to speed with our powers, we can save your sister."
He was just about done wrapping and tending to the gashes and burns on Talia, so, he started applying pressure. "This is gonna hurt a bit, but, it's for the best, okay?" He told Talia. With that, he started applying pressure to the biggest wound first, the large gash on her right arm.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Not even questioning the comment about the CIA - she stared at the ground. "I knew I shouldn't have done it, and I wasn't planning on it at first. I.... and this is going to sound stupid... had a nightmare. About - her. I - don't want to talk about it right now," she finished quickly, to prevent any questions about what said dream had contained.

She winced in pain at the pressure to the wound, but did not make any audible sound. "It's alright. It hurts enough, what's a little more?" She gave a very forced laugh, that was obviously faked.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
The memory of the armed man flashed through Luzen's mind. The pain in his arm grew more pronounced, making him wince.
"So that's who that asshole was!" he exclaimed suddenly ."ow". He then realized that no one here knew what he was talking about "I was chased here by black-clad dickhead with a gun. Sonofabitch nearly had me." "ow" he grinned as he explained " He may have shot me, but I deleted his heart as payment."
He suddenly seemed resolved "Whatever this is about, I'm helping. If this "Absorption" company is torturing innocent people for their stupid gains, they deserve to be taken down." he stated firmly. "ow"

Mikey sighed and moved his hand back after the boy refused to shake it. "Alright before I answer your questions you should probably know some stuff, because your new to this kind of lifestyle." Mikey explained to the boy reaching into his coat pulling out a switch blade with the blade without exposing the blade. "Also don't call people hobos, I know your probably new to this but all those Hobos are just people going through a rough time and you don't want to piss them of or." Mikey paused flicking his hand causing the blade to come out. "Your gonna get stabbed." Mikey chuckled putting the knife back into his coat. and taking out a packet of cigarets. "I don't want anything but from the looks of things you don't have anywhere to stay, you seem a bout my age and I've been in your position so how about it I have an apartment." Mikey offered the boy lighting a cigarette. "Oh yeah names Mikey by the way." Mikey told the boy.

Miles cocked a brow at Mikey, 'new to this kind of lifestyle'? Why won't these jerks just leave him alone about being rich, is it that obvious? He couldn't have been that much different than the people who he was beginning to think was more than scum beneath his feet. Miles brushed it off as jealousy, yeah, they were all just jealous. Miles tensed up slightly, clenching his jaw when Mikey took out a knife. A KNIFE! Mikey began lecturing about calling people hobos, something Miles honestly forgot he had even done- the boy jumped back slightly when the blade popped out. "You crazy little fucker." Miles scoffed as Mikey laughed as he balled his hands into fists, before muttering something hardly audible under his breath about being able to beat anyone who pulled a knife on him. This was it, Miles was getting mugged. He'd been threatened before, he just threw money at the guy and it was never a big deal. But now, Miles needed the money and he couldn't just throw it away. When Mikey reached back into his pocket, Miles half expected him to pull out a gun- though he didn't. In fact, the boy offered Miles and Blair a place to stay. Maybe he was just being nice. Maybe it was a trap. Miles weighed the scenario in his head- go with crazy hobo kid or stay looking like a crazy hobo kid. Miles looked back at Blair, as if he wasn't cocky enough his power had given him a whole extra level of confidence, he certainly wasn't afraid of being kidnapped at this point. He could definitely use a hot show, and maybe one more person to their little crew wouldn't hurt. Miles shook his head quickly- NO- he couldn't think like that. No use getting attached. He could just use this Mikey for whatever he had to offer and then leave, yeah, that was a good plan. "Mikey is a child's name." Miles huffed as he pushed the boy's cigarette away from him "Also, those things are disgusting. Do you want to die? And you're definitely underage, which makes you a criminal. I wouldn't put stabbing someone past you either," the boy made sure Mikey knew everything that Miles found wrong about him, before shrugging, "But, uh, thanks. We could really use your help." Miles said sort of awkwardly as if he wasn't very used to thanking people. And if he didn't end up kidnapping the pair, Miles could always just pay him before he left- that would make him less of a piece of shit, right? "I'm Miles. That's ghost girl- I'll go wake her up." Miles gestured back towards Blair before walking her direction. The boy pressed his foot up against her shoulder and shook her body gently, "Hey idiot! I could've gotten stabbed while you're off in dream land, just to let you know." Miles huffed as he nudged her.

Jackie sat perfectly quiet on her beanbag as the room bursted into chaos. She held her knees to her chest and peeked over her knees with nervous brown eyes. Her pupils flicked from person to person as they spoke, and she did her best to keep her eyes away from Luzen and Talia's wounds. Why? Why were these people so cruel, why did this all have to happen? It wasn't fair, nobody was ready and they didn't know how to defend themselves. What was the next move, nobody really knew. Train. Get good. And then try again? Was that really any kind of plan, these people destroyed Talia with ease. Then again, strength in numbers, Jackie sighed. They were just a bunch of high schoolers, after all. It was all just so unfair. Jackie listened to each person's stories and advice, each person trying to mask the pain and swearing revenge. It all seemed so unreal, yet here she was in the middle of it. Some people were already so good with their abilities, she could barely even activate her's on command- actually she didn't know most the people in the room's abilities. Maybe it would be good for them to get to know each other a little better, and formulate a real plan. If training was the next step, Jackie would put all of her might into getting better- and if everyone did that, then, just maybe, they would stand a chance.

Hey idiot! I could've gotten stabbed while you're off in dream land, just to let you know.
"Ugh.... Calm down.... five more minutes...." Blair said, wanting to sleep some more. But since the shaking didn't stop, she slowly opened her eyes and frowned up. Her eyes widened as she realized what was shaking her. It was a foot, and it was connected to... Miles, which was quite a surprising sight to see. Her face turned into a frown.
"Ugh, you could've just woke me up the normal way, you nincompoop! Now get this off me!" He shoved his foot back on the concrete and got up, rubbing her back, which was a little sore.
"And what was that about almost getting stabbed? Did a butterfly fly towards you, or--" And that's when she noticed the other dude under the bridge. Her face was full of confusion as she searched the guy, but when her eyes landed on the back of his, her confusion turned into shock. She glanced at Miles and asked him:
"So Goldwell, who's your lung cancer-friend?"

Miles narrowed his eyes as Blair slowly stirred to awake. Nincompoop? It was almost like her insults were getting worse. The boy's expression remained unamused as Blair went on to mock him- perhaps he should've left her, after all. But when the girl finally spotted Mikey, she got sort of serious at least. "If you're gonna use my last name, you might as well show some respect and throw in a Mister" Miles scoffed at the girl before glancing back over his shoulder towards Mikey. She was crazy and he was crazy. Miles sighed, if none of this had happened what would he be doing? Hiring a new piano teacher, practicing his calligraphy- the boy pursed his lips as he realized how much he actually did fit Blair's stereotype for him. It only meant he was a well cultured, intelligent young man- she couldn't use that against him! "Friends are what kindergartners have. Mikey is going to be our partner. He's almost more annoying than you so you'll get along great." Miles grinned sarcastically before straightened and gesturing towards Mikey. "He's offering us a place to freshen up and stay, and I've already agreed. So either you join us or stay out on the streets and become vulture food." Miles huffed.

Blair rolled her eyes and smirked. This guy was so sad, she couldn't believe it. She wasn't exactly surprised that he didn't have any friends, he didn't exactly seem like a people person. Well, neither did she, but at least she had some friends that she wasn't paying.
"Well then, Mister Goldwell, are you sure it's safe? We are wanted by some weak agents, after all." She gave this 'Mikey' a long skeptical look. She thought that it was weird to offer someone a place to stay after only meeting them. It was incredibly fishy. But then again, if he was actually trying to capture them, both of their weird marks allowed them to escape.

She weighed her options. If she declined, she would be alone again without anywhere to stay, avoid the risk of getting captured, but the risk of becoming insane increases. But if she accepted, it would be the other way around. She clenched her fist and sighed. She looked at Miles dead in the eye and nodded in defeat.
"Fine. I'll come with, I guess." She rubbed her forearm and looked away. Somehow, that was the safest option, but she hated that she had to admit it, especially in front of Miles. She didn't want him to get cocky. Even though she didn't know him for long, she already had an image in her head of what he was like. She looked at Mikey. "Alright, lead the way... Mikey."
@Barefoot_Kittens
@Thomas the trainer

=Nightshade=

Cole let out a heavy sigh. "Yeah, okay. But you all have to admit, there's no way we're ready yet. Our powers are wacked, and most of us have no idea how to use them anyways. Just yesterday I melted through a shelf in a general store without even thinking about it, whereas before that, when I was thinking about it, the most potent thing I could shoot was citric acid. Like a stream of orange juice. That's pretty freaking ridiculous. We should lay low, get a handle on our powers, and then we can try for a rescue mission. But not before then; we don't need anyone else captured."

(OOC: yeah, sorry Cole's being an insensitive jerk right now, but it's necessary to further the plot >n<)

"Great." Mikey exclaimed here's the car he pointed at what was all things considered pretty nice car except that there several scratches and dents. "Here's the ride she's a real beauty." Mikey sarcastically told Blair and Miles jumping into the car. "Oh sorry if this is rude but why were you guys staying under the bridge?" Mikey asked the two seriously taking a puff of his cigarette. "I'l go first at home I had nowhere to go and just wanted to escape from life so here I am." Mikey told the others looking forward and starting through the windscreen. "You mentioned something about agents you guys steal something?" Mikey asked.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Stiles stood scratching the back of his neck, then he spoke up "well if the problem is that it's too dangerous maybe I should go" he muttered to himself, before looking to the others "I mean someone has to right, we can't just leave her but at the same time I agree with Cole, we should try to get a better hold of our powers, and despite what I muttered a second ago, I'm not ready, I would prefer to have a better understanding of my whole immortality deal. So I think we should wait" he said, he knew he didn't have to be afraid of dying but to be honest it scared him, he didn't want to put himself through the pain of dying again at least until he was ready. He stood watching the group wondering what was going to happen.

Miles shrugged at the girls skeptical questions, they were reasonable. "Well if you didn't sleep like a bear during hibernation, you'd know he's not one of those damned agents," Miles shrugged before lowering his voice slightly, "He's got one of them marks, too." he gestured back towards Mikey before raising his brows. The boy nodded triumphantly when Blair agreed to go with Mikey, though he wasn't sure he'd leave her if she did decide to challenge him. Miles strolled behind Blair and pressed his lips together at the sight of the car, he had to physically restrain himself from saying something that could mess up their chances of getting help- but the thing was really wasn't what he was expecting. It was bad- actually it wasn't bad at all for a car- but Miles had high standards, and he couldn't even image being seen driving a car with the slightest scratch on it. Cars were one of those things that are just part of your image, like the close you wear and hobbies you have- so in a way, this car said a lot about Mikey. He opened the passenger side door for Blair before closing it after her. being rich might have made him an asshole, but it also made him a gentleman! The boy then climbed into the back and huffed as he rested his chin in his hand and put his elbow on the window sill. Miles only halfway listened to Mikey, and he snorted at the boy's reasoning. Escape from life? It couldn't have been that bad. Granted, Miles knew he was rather privileged- but he wouldn't sleep under a bridge if he had the choice even if he didn't have money. Miles' eyes scanned the floor of the car, he didn't know how much he should reveal to Mikey- they still couldn't fully trust him. Before Blair could respond, rather than answer, Miles asked another question "You're marked, too. The thing on your hand, and your hair. You got anything else weird happening?" Miles asked.

Jackie nodded at Cole's words, it made sense. She couldn't even imagine how much pain Talia was in right now, and poor Talia's sister might be being tortured as they spoke. The longer they waited, the more pain that the pair would have to endure. But they weren't ready. That was simple facts. Jackie found some relief in Cole's words, smiling softly at the fact she wasn't the only one who couldn't control her new found ability. Stiles seemed ready to fight, but in the end he joined beside Cole. Jackie looked down at her hands- in her head she totally agreed with the girl, but she didn't move at all. Jackie decided to lay low and wait to see how thing play out, she didn't want to be part of a big conflict, afterall.

"Marked what are you talking about?" Mikey asked looking at Miles like he was crazy."Thing on my hand, this it's just a tattoo." Mikey explained looking at his hand, probably got it at party or something." Mikey told Miles. "Weird things well I found two posh kids living under a bridge had some weirdos hanging following me when I got dinner yesterday, but just some guys tryna mug me I bet." Mikey laughed blowing out his smoke but weirdly enough there was a decently large quantity of smoke then was natural. "The hell!" Mikey shouted grabbing a little pocket fan from his jacket using it to get rid of the smoke.

"No, it is not a tattoo!" Blair asserted that what Mikey was saying was false, with an exasperated look. "Don't you get it? That's why you found us under a bridge! Because we were on the run!" He grabbed Miles' wrist and held it up, the back of his hand facing Mikey. "Because of these, some agents are after us!" Then, she let go of his hand and then grabbed one of his hairs. "And they also coloured our tips, for some reason." She let go and pointed at Mikey's hand. "And you have one too! And since they gave us---- What the??!!" Blair blurted out as Mikey bombarded the two with smoke. She coughed and batted her hand at the smoke, trying to get rid of it. When it was finally gone, she frowned and shouted at Mikey.
"The hell's right!" She rolled her eyes and sighed. "As I was saying... these marks gave us powers, which means you have one too. It's either smoke, or the ability to not feel guilt for smoking when you're underage." She said sarcastically, looking out the window.

Mikey looked at Blair for a solid second. "Shit." Is all that Mikey could say. He felt really scared. Mikey slapped his face. "It's defiantly the first one." Mikey chuckled winking at Blair. "Well I got some knives at the apartment, so those could help." Mikey suggested. "So what do you guys want to do we can lay low at my place but eventually, were probably going to get found." Mikey sighed looking around him making sure he wasn't being followed.

Blair rolled his eyes at this 'Mikey'.
"Yeah, like knives are gonna do anything againts their guns." She said, trying to point out the fact that those won't do anything(if that wasn't clear enough). "But anyways, if we do actually get discovered, our powers might help us in our escape. My mark gives me the power to pass through matter, so it'll be easy for me to flee." She pointed at Miles. "His power allows him to create portals, apparently. And then there's you, who might have smoke related powers, which can create a diversion. Anyways, I don't think they'll find us right away, so we've gor plenty of time to train. But we can never get too comfortable." She glanced at the boy next to her.
"Whadda you think, Mister Goldwell?"
@Barefoot_Kittens

Miles' face twitched with agitation at Mikey's response to his comment about the mark. Was he straight up lying, or was he just stupid? The young male opened his mouth to respond but was beat to it by Blair, who spat her words with such ferocity that Mile's didn't dare interrupt. When Blair took Mile's wrist the boy nodded and raised his brows like some sort of hype boy, though he winced when she took his hair- "Hands off the goods, use your own body." Miles huffed, though his complaint went unheard. The boy simply stood, holding back a smirk at Blaire's sudden aggression as he allowed her to rant. When smoke began to envelope the trio, Miles closed his eyes and used a hand to fan it away from his face. Utterly disgusting. The boy listened in amusement as conversation began between Mikey and Blair, the poor boy was just getting flamed. "Last time I checked, Ms. Mandell, I've already made this decision. But it's cute to see you try and weigh the options anyways." Miles smirked as he responded with the girl's last name. Honestly, it was a miracle he even remembered it- he was the type to meet someone and forget their name a few minutes later... those types of details were never important to him. "Let's just go. Maybe we won't be able to stay long but me and Ghosty smell like a sewer as it is. We can rest for a bit and gather some resources, then the best plan will be to keep moving or find a safer place away from the city to get a better handle on our, uh, abilities." Miles shrugged as he leaned back in the seat of the car.
@Tudor21G @Thomas the trainer

After what seemed like hours of running, a boy with short, brown hair and an Asian appearance found himself standing in an alley, panting heavily as sweat intensified the sting of his wounds.

It had all happened so quickly; since noticing a strange, blue, blob-like mark beginning to fade onto his hand while he got ready for school, Erik's day had progressed from a normal school day to a terrible field trip in the depths of Hell. Shortly after school was over, he was jumped by a bunch of soldiers who came from nowhere, armed to the teeth with net-guns, batons, et cetera.

~*~*~

"There! That Asian kid's one of the Marked! Apprehend the target!"

Erik's rather bored demeanor immediately changed to that of a panicked one as he saw a handful of unfamiliar looking men dressed as soldiers running straight for him. He had no idea what was going on, but from the looks of things, it definitely wasn't good. Erik turned sharply on his heel and began sprinting down the hall, only to trip and fall to the ground a few steps in. While he struggled to his feet, a man tightly grabbed his left wrist, almost shouting in his ear.

"Don't resist! It'll only make things harder for you!"

"Let
go!" Erik shouted back, his calm expression completely withered away and replaced with wild panic in his eyes. Using his free hand to attempt to pry open the fingers of his assailant, he grabbed at the man's hand, slamming his knuckles into it as well, but to no avail. However, halfway into a swing, Erik faltered, as his eyes focused on something glowing on the back of his own right hand. The amorphous shape he had noticed from earlier had now been given form, now materializing into a clear, bright, icy blue lightning bolt.

"What the hel-" The teen was cut off by a sudden crackling sensation in his fingertips, but he allowed nothing more than a small wince to escape as he returned his focus to getting out of the grip of the man in front of him. However, as soon as his right hand made contact with the soldier's wrist, the static-like feeling in his fingers returned with astounding force, and Erik immediately recoiled as his vision flashed with bright blue light.

~*~*~

He was dead. That man, along with the squadron of men behind him: they were all dead. Right in front of Erik's eyes, a chain of cyan lightning surged through the man's body, sending countless volts of electricity through him and his comrades, killing them all instantly. Not to mention the fate of any other soldiers who tried to stop him as well. The memory was still fresh in his mind, the sight of the scorched bodies and lifeless eyes constantly haunting his vision. With shaking hands, Erik found and picked up a piece of broken glass, likely from an old beer bottle, and he stared at his reflection.

In that moment, tears began streaming down his face; through the blurry images he could make out glowing blue irises that replaced his once dark brown ones, and even those crackled with the same weapon he had used to kill earlier. Turning his gaze to his right hand, he was yet again reminded of his new reality by the crackling blue electricity dancing around his fingers and palm. Crumpling to the ground, Erik held his head in his hands as he let out a guttural scream, followed by quiet sobbing. The cry echoed in the alley, resonating as the sound bounced off of what looked like a plain old wall...

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Luzen was appalled by the lack of resistance.
No one is going to help her? She'd getting tortured for christ's sake.
He took a deep breath "ow", he may have literally just dropped in, but he wasn't going to just stand there and let everyone just submit.
"This is wrong! Do you realize-" he cut off, hearing screams from outside.
Danger? his logical brain wondered Stay away, it could be bad
Nah, fuck it. Some needs help!
countered his (much) less logical body as it Leeroy Jenkinsed toward where the screams were.
He appeared out of the door and looked around, he saw a boy sobbing and ran to the him.
"Are you oka-whoa!" he exclaimed as he flinched at the electricity surrounding the boy's arm, then flinched at the memory of his own damaged arm."ow"
Electric powers? He's gotta be marked.
"H-ow-Hey buddy. I'm a friend, name's Luzen, and I know what situation we're in right now. I...We can help you. Are you hurt?" he asked tentatively.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

“Oh, boy,” Cole muttered, then headed over to the hologram. Walking through it, she saw a very apprehensive Luzen attempting to console another boy whose arm was shrouded in electricity. Marked, obviously. “I’m no good at this shit.” She knelt down near the boy, but still at a safe distance. She didn’t want to be electrocuted, after all. “Listen, kid... um...” Maybe I’m not qualified to call him “kid,” he looks like he’s a couple years older than me. Then, Screw it. If I’ve gotta be a nice guy, I’ll be a nice guy. Deal, Cole. Now move it, before Luzen decides you’ve turned into a statue. “I’m Cole. This is Luzen. We’ve got about ten more in there.” She jerked a thumb at the holographic wall, then cleared her throat awkwardly. How much longer will we have ten more in there? she wondered. Last I checked, the whole place was about to go down in an argument. “Er...” What the hell do you say to a guy with lightning powers showing up at your doorstep, WHICH may or may not have been mentioned, is a HOLOGRAM of a WALL, that houses a bunch of highschool refugees with SUPERPOWERS? “Are you... okay?”

Someone had walked up to him; Erik turned to glance at a boy who had... Did he just walk through the wall? It wasn't long before a girl walked out of the same wall as well, and although they seemed to be attempting to soothe him, Erik had been tuning out most of their words. However, he was fortunately able to catch some words, words that did help him relax.

"...situation we're in right now."
"We've got about ten more.."

From what Erik heard, he could infer that the two were dealing with similar problems, and that meant that they could likely be trusted. A few more minutes of crying passed before transitioning into quiet but heavy breathing. Finally, after one final, deep breath, Erik was able to get himself situated and wiped his face with his shirt. "Sorry," He quietly apologized before taking a deep breath once more. "It's just that.. when everything happened after school, and those guys came... I ran, but they kept chasing me, and I.." Erik's electrified hand began shaking yet again before continuing. "I killed them.. I couldn't control.. this..."

After forcing himself into a sitting position, Erik sat against the wall across from the other "wall" before turning to look at the two, who had been introduced as Luzen and Cole. With a small wave and a weak smile, he introduced himself as well. "I'm Erik. Sorry for embarrassing myself just now; it's nice to meet you."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Talia gave a meek wave to the boy who had just entered. She wasn't as welcoming as usual - in fact, she seemed to be emotionally shutting down entirely.
She was silent as she sat on the ragged couch, staring into her hands. They were scarred and bruised, with a few burns from her out-of-control pyrokinesis. She desperately wanted to run away and save her sister. However, she knew that she would most likely be killed if she went there alone - which would most likely take away Allie's only chance of escape.

Mikey finally arrived at the apartment car park he drove his way in and looked around scouting out for others. "Yeah I agree with miles Mikey told the group we should try get stronger so we can kick some ass!" Mikey shouted grinning ear to ear. Trying to forget the flaming he got from Blair. He walked into the apartment building. "Yo Suzie." Mikey greeted the receptionist. He then walked into the elevator and pressed the 4 floor while the elevator went up screeching could be heard. "Yeah I'm going to use stairs next time." Mikey muttered. Mikey walked out of the elevator and reached into his jacket pulling out some keys he then opened the door to a the place."Welcome!" Mikey loudly exclaimed outstretching his arms. the door way lead into the living room which had a black couch in front of it there was a table with a small tv on top which had a cracked screen with a some cigarette buts around it. Behind it there was a small balcony. Then to the right there was a hallway which lead to a combined bathroom and laundry which just barely managed do fit the washing machine. In front of it was a small bedroom with a mattress in it. And a large cupboard with a draw on it with a padlock. on the other side of the lounge room there was a small kitchen with a leaking fridge and a cupboard which was missing it's door. "We can train on the roof if you want Mikey told the group walking into the bedroom to get something." Mikey suspiciously informed the group walking into the bedroom.

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Stiles followed Cole and Luzen. He missed most of the conversation but caught the part about killing the Absorption Agents, "Hi there, I'm Stiles and I just wanted to say mate, don't freak out to much, a couple of us killed our pursuers as well, you have to remember they are the enemy and probably would have taken you and tortured you, but anyway deaths aside, you've got a pretty cool power there Erik" he said to the boy standing with his arms crossed. He had passed Talia on the way out and noticed she was hurting but he stuck by his words, they needed to wait, it would be suicidal to attack now.
@OmnipotentOnion

As yet another walked through the wall, Erik turned to look at him as Stiles introduced himself. Upon hearing his words, he smiled, though his eyes seemed to remain grim as he returned his attention to his arm. "They were the enemy, weren't they? I've heard rumors here and there about this whole 'Absorption' thing, so when this mark appeared on my hand and those guys barged in after school, I guess it was pretty much confirmed.” When Stiles had complimented his power, Erik—despite recent circumstances—allowed a small chuckle to escape. “I suppose so.”

Blair looked around the apartment, clearly not impressed. She folded her arms and raised an eyebrow.
"Well, it's better than I thought it will be... I was expecting more rats and a few more cracks in the walls... But, I guess it will have to do, at least until Mister Goldwell can find his main credit card." She smirked at the rich boy and threw her bag on the couch. "Alright, either we start training now and start waiting time with pointless small talk, or we can start after me and Mister Goldwell take a long shower, so we don't small worse, or.... we could start tomorrow, so we have enough time to reflect on what happened these past few days and try to accommodate to this new 'on the run' lifestyle."

"What do you guys think? I vote for the third option. After yesterday and having to sleep under a bridge, I feel like I could sleep a couple more hours." She stretched her arms and yawned like a cat. Without getting her exercise, she gets more and more sleepy, and her alarm clock isn't there to snap her out of her drowsiness.
@Thomas the trainer
@Barefoot_Kittens

Jackie watched as a few left, there was no doubt that yet another kid outside. Why was this happening, and how come only high school kids were affected? How did the absorption agents know so quickly? Jackie had a lot of questions, they made her head hurt. The girl rubbed the bridge of her nose under her glasses and sighed before looking over at Talia- the usually bright girl looked so defeated. Jackie felt so helpless, she wanted to help so badly. But what could she do? A pain welled up in her chest as if Talia's sadness was transferred to her. Jackie fought back her own tears as she approached the girl before dropping her body onto of Talia and wrapping her into a hug. yeah, hugs were always good, right? "I'm so sorry." Jackie sighed as she held the other girl, "We'll fix things, and we'll. I don't know when... but we definitely will." Jackie gritted her teeth before pulling away.
@EeviumZ

Miles kept his head down as he walked into the building, avoided eye contact with the receptionist as the group huddled into the elevator. Perhaps these two didn't have to worry, but Miles had a reputation to keep up. If someone recognized him looking like homeless street scum, it would undoubtedly get to his parents. "I find it hard to believe a kid lives here. I'm getting alcoholic, abusive uncle vibes to be honest." Miles huffed as he scowled and looked around the building. How could anyone be content in such a place. It was filthy, and probably had more than one safety hazards. Of course, the boy's gaze was immediately drawn to the cupboard with the padlock on it- "Probably where he's keeping the head of his last victims." Miles gestured to the cabinet as he bent down to whisper teasingly in Blaire's ear. When Mikey disappeared into a room Miles ran a hand through his hair- this whole situation was so messed up. When Blaire mentioned credit card Mile's twitched with irritation before remembering he had money on him. "Oh yeah." the boy muttered before pulling the wad of cash out from his bag and throwing it to Blair. "That asshole broke my V-pad so you'll have to use yours (um... let's pretend she had her Vpad to whole time XD). Order some new clothes, get some for me too- but I swear to god if you try to pull something..." the boy trailed off, he was sure she got the point. He hated shopping, his mother always insisted on him doing it with her- which didn't make since to the boy who had servants to do such things for him. With money instead of a card, the information couldn't be traced- and with modern technology the items would be instantly sent trough the device through a portal-transport system.
"Sorry to disappoint, princess-" Miles began sarcastically in response to Blaire's suggestion. "but time is of the essence right now. If those jerks in all black have any sort of brain they'll find the residents of all their targets, and so they'll end up here eventually. We should shower and rest for a bit, but prioritize maximizing our control over our abilities." Miles said flatly. "Let's start tomorrow, so long as 'lung-cancer' over there doesn't mind..." Miles gestured towards the direction Mikey had headed off in as he fave the boy a knew nickname, "We'll take a couple of hours for rest and reassessment. Then start training in the afternoon." Miles didn't even realize how commanding he was being- he was just used to being in charge. "So nap while you can." Miles huffed at Blaire's sleepy gestures. "Hey, Smokey!" yet another nickname "Mind if I shower, now?" Miles asked, "There's not gonna be like centipedes crawling out of the shower head, right?" the boy questioned, it was hard to tell if he was joking or not.
@Tudor21G @Thomas the trainer (OOC: Sorry for the weird move with the online shopping... but I figured they needed new stuff and Miles wouldn't want to wear Mikey's clothes, I didn't know how else to do it)

Mikey unlocked his draw taking out a tiny hand gun.Mikey walked out of his bedroom and saw the wad of cash being thrown."Your seriously going to spend your money on clothes not food?" Mikey asked the two. "Never mind if we have to move out of this place at some stage I guess clothes make sense." The the showers just on the right of the living room." Mikey told Miles. Mikey sighed. "Lung cancer that's the best his got, and smokey like jeez I've heard worse from 9 year olds." Mikey told Blair. "It's not like I want to smoke but it just keeps me calm and stops me from totally losing out, and considering i'm apparently going to be hunted by the government I think that quitting smoking shouldn't be at the top of my priority list." Mikey sighed. "Oh yeah if your buying clothes get the cheapest stuff possible and get at least a couple jumpers because trust me when it gets cold it gets cold." Mikey chuckled.

Blair rolled her eyes at Mikey's excuse for smoking. She thought it was extremely dumb, but she didn't want to be that blunt with him, si and just said:
"Well, I guess as long as it's for a good reason." With a sarcastic tone. "But don't worry, you'll get used to him, I did pretty quickly, since he has a typical 'I think I'm better than everyone' personality. He probably gives nickanames to everyone. And that's why you probably don't knoe my name, since he probably reffered to me as Ghost Girl or something like that." She got her VPad out of her bag and searched"
'Cheap clothes that actually look good' online. And the first result was the page of an online store named 'Clothus Onlinus'. She clicked on the name and right on the first page there were clothes for young adults.

"How convenient." She thought and began browsing the girl's section, since she was almost certain that Miles would hate the thing that she would've picked for him. She put a few sweaters in the cart, some jeans, some T-shirts, tank tops, overalls, socks, gloves, coats, bandannas and a scrunchie, you know, the necessities. And it didn't even cost more than a quarter of the money that Miles gave her. She also saw some blonde hair dye, which she didn't understand why was at a clothes shop, but she still put it in the cart. When she reached the pajamas, she got a two piece, and wanted to move on, but then she suddenly stopped.

She saw a sheep. ONESIE. And she had to get it. Not for her, but for Miles. She immediately put it in the cart and put it between her sweaters, hoping he wouldn't check and see it. She looked around to check if someone was watching her, and when she was convinced the coast was clear, a giggle escaped her mouth. This plan was flawless, or so she thought. With one last smile, she put the tablet on the table and waited for Miles to finish his shower.

"Aye Aye" Miles nodded to the male before maneuvering towards the bathroom. The boy followed Mikey's directions but furrowed his brows at the room he encountered. There was barely enough room to move around- why the hell was his laundry machine in the bathroom? Miles let out a groan as he rubbed his face, honestly he was too tired to complain at this point. Miles slipped into the bathroom and closed the door behind him, ideally he would have clothes waiting for him by the time he came out. The boy rested his elbow on the closed door- staring for a moment at the old wood before falling away from it. The boy slumped his shoulders before going to remove his shirt- sue this whole thing was confusing and painful, but there wasn't anything he could do about it. As Miles moved towards undressing the rest of his body a figure caught his attention from the corner of his eye, the boy defensively took a step back before recognizing it as himself in the mirror. "Damn..." Miles sighed as he stepped closer to the mirror and examined himself, first scowling at his bruise riddled body before wincing at his face. He wasn't use to such a harsh environment, and it was starting to show between his flushed face and the bags under his eyes. "I guess, it's sort of a roguish charm." Miles joked to himself as he attempted to turn his ruined image a light hearted situation. Moving away from the mirror, Miles finally prepared for his shower and stepped into the water. The boy reveled in the warm water on his sensitive skin for only a moment before he started scrubbing. Once a good section of time had passed, Miles stepped out of the show and looked down at his arms and torso- although the bruising and cuts were more visible at least his skin was no longer caked with dirt. The boy took a towel and first dried his hair, which he stared at for a moment before sticking his tongue out in disgust of it's bright purple color, he then wrapped the towel around his waist. "Your turn Ghostie, and you better have gotten clothe-" Miles started as he stepped out of the bathroom in only a towel, which was perfectly natural for him since he was used to being pampered by others.
@Tudor21G @Thomas the trainer

Last edited:

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Marco pulled down the ladder to a fire escape on the side of a random slum's apartment building. After heaving himself up he lumbered up multiple flights, and when he reached the topmost level, he pulled himself onto the roof. Marco paused for a moment and exhaled, then strolled to the edge of the roof. He stepped up on the railing and plopped down, starting at the sky. What's with those dicks tryna hurt high schoolers? He thought about the last 24 hours' events when different memories popped into his head. Almost every time he was sitting on a roof like this, he had a soda in hand, which made him notice how parched he was. Noticing a vending machine a few blocks down, he swung his legs back over to safer footing, and rode the staircases' rails to the ground. He jogged over and pulled out his Vpad to transfer the money. Marco leaned over to get the can, feeling for his can of Fiz. He grasped the container, and at the same time felt someone grip his ankles. Marco was flipped into the vending machine, strong hand still holding his left foot. "Gotcha." The man had a thick Australian accent and a monstrous build. Marco quickly snapped out of his surprise to strike his held aluminum against the ground, then flung it upwards, sending a spray of acid at his attacker. He was released, and sprung from his hands to dropkick the meathead. Marco rolled over and realized this was his chance to fight back against the jerks who specialize in unprovoked attack. The adult sat up and disabled his blinded eyes' nerves to stop the pain, and engaged his backup optical sensors. "Ay dickweed!" Marco called. "The fuck's it that your scumbag team wants?" The Australian replied; "Boss wants ya powahs. We aredy 'ot a few of ye, amost bagged 'nother last night. Damn broad tought she was a 'ero. Roughed 'er up real goot, Guess imma hafta teach ya da same lesson." This man made Marco angrier the more he listened to him. Marco's rage set his new clothes on fire, and the man activated his earthquake gauntlets.

=Nightshade=

“Yep. You’ve got a pretty epic power,” Cole assured Erik. Then she looked up from him, frowning, as a thought hit her with the force of a freight train. “Hey, have either of you seen Marco since he stormed out?” The question was directed at Stiles and Luzen, though mostly Stiles. She wasn’t sure if Luzen would know which one of them was Marco, being a new arrival himself.

A pinprick of worry poked into her neck, icy fear trickling down her spine. Her fear was not at all assuaged when the ground began to tremble and a column of smoke began to rise from outside the alley. She pulled up her security feeds on her V-Watch, then shut it off again, frustrated. “Crap. I don’t have a camera there.” Her forehead creased, worry evident in her gaze. “And I forgot what his power was, dammit.” A droplet of acid sizzled on the stone, and Cole clenched her hands into fists to maintain some semblance of control.

It was all coming apart at the seams. Dissonance in the hideout, some people wanting to attack immediately, others wanting to bide their time and hone their powers. Luzen with a bullet hole in his arm. Talia with more skin covered in cuts and bruises than not. Erik, who accidentally electrocuted like twenty full-grown men. Spawn of the devil himself chasing after them with metaphorical stakes and pitchforks. Marco; who knew where he was? And Cole thrust into the middle of it. This is too much stress to be put onto a group of highschoolers, let alone one seventeen-year-old girl. When they said the teen years would be hard, I didn’t think they meant anything like this. What do I do?

"Marco?" Erik turned to look at Cole as she asked about the location of someone named 'Marco'. Further examination revealed a troubled frown on the girl's face as she clenched a fist, the silence briefly interrupted with the quiet sizzle of acid against the concrete floor. Looking around, he also noticed two girls, one of whom had the other wrapped in a hug. The one receiving the embrace seemed to be heavily marred with injuries, but both had a grim demeanor. The sight before him prompted a sigh from Erik as he stood and wiped his face with his shirt one last time.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked as he quietly cleared his throat. Any trace of sadness for his own circumstances seemed to have been quickly erased and replaced with concern. With those around him who were going through similar struggles, Erik couldn't afford to keep sulking about his situation. His marked hand, around which the electricity seemed to be more concentrated, had stopped shaking as a result of his resolve to help his new friends. "I don't know how much--or little--I can control this power, but... I want to help."

Mikey looked at his hands and noticed the blisters and scars he had from doing hard work or manual labor for quick jobs and then looked at Blair who seemed like she'd been dropped into a world she had no idea about he then turned his attention to the tablet and immediately saw the onesie looked up at Blair grinning "I did say something warm, I get the feeling were gonna get along." Mikey told Blair giving her a thumbs up. Mikey looked at miles who was wearing just a towel. "Nice abs." Mikey joked looking at Miles would you like us to dress you master Goldwell." Mikey sarcastically told Miles going on his knee. Mikey stood up and glanced at Blair, "Scandalous." Mikey told her pointing at Miles.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Stiles looked thoughtful for a second, "um no I don't think I have seen him to be honest with you, but I wouldn't worry, I'm sure he will be back soon" he said before he noticed how stressed Cole seemed, "by the way Cole, are you ok, you shouldn't try to bare everything by yourself, we all young and should share burdens, it makes things easier" he then thought of something, "also you know you can't go looking for him, not after deciding not to go after Talia's sister, that would look like favouritism" he said thinking about whether Marco was ok.
@Night's Shadow

Psymallard

Previously mallard
The cold steel pounded into Marco's cheek, and his own punch only tapped the target on the cheek when he stopped supplying power to it. The jackhammer vibrations were also less than comfortable as he crumpled to the ground. Marco was dazed for a moment, it felt like a jackhammer was pounded into his head. "Sonafa bitch!" The man wailed. Marco snapped out of his confusion, to see the mass of muscle with a fiery red burn on the cheek Marco had punched him. His gauntlet was much worse, since it drew blood, and was barely still on the man's hand. Marco tried to control his heat, and walked over. Flipping out his knife, he inquired; "Where's ya lair or whatever?" The hunter was too hysterical with his arm nearly melting off to answer, but it took only a moment longer for a clicking sound to come from his skull, and the man flopped down dead. Marco stumbled back to the safe house, but about half a mile away, he noticed something sticking out of his left pant leg. He rolled it up to see a robotic tick with an antennae on his shin, so he burned it off. Tryna track me now? What a bunch of persistent bastards. The adrenaline had worn off by then, and his head and cheek hurt like a bitch. As he walked in the bunker, Marco endured a painful yawn and went to wash off by the faucet, clothes still burnt.

Last edited:
Blair sat on the couch and was checking out her nails, since she thought they would look horrible after sleeping under a bridge. She wasn't really listening to what the others were saying, but when Mikey whispered something in her ear, she finally decided to see what was happening.
"Huh, what's happening? What's scandalous?" She looked over her shoulderd, and her eyes widened instantly.

Miles was standing right outside the bathroom, only in a towel. A slight blush appeared in her cheeks, but you would have to really pay attention to see it. Blair smirked and got up.
"Well, well, mister Goldwell, aren't you the charmer?" She pointed at her tablet on the table. "Choose some clothes to wear, I found a nice safe website that is cheap. And if you don't like cheap, or the clothes, then stick to the towel." She walked towards the bathroom, but then abrubtly stopped right in front of the door. She glanced back at Miles, a serious expression on her face. "And don't mess with my VPad. Just, order some clothes. And if you get bored, don't start insulting Mikey's apartment or lifestyle... or anything, really. You can play some People Crossing,
(OOC: like Animal Crossing but, you know, copyright free)
BIC: or whatever." She slowly opened the door while giving Miles a stern look, before finally entering the bathroom.
@Thomas the trainer
@Barefoot_Kittens

=Nightshade=

Cole sighed in defeat. “Yeah. You’re right, and Marco can probably take care of himself.” But this is different! she wanted to scream. Marco’s one of us, one of mine. One of the group. She wanted to erase the thoughts from her mind as soon as she had them, but still they lingered. This is too much for a seventeen-year— Stiles was talking still. Share burdens? That sounds like it might be easier... “Maybe we should go inside,” Cole suggested. “Erik can meet the group, and we can resolve this pressing... issue.” Hopefully without breaking each other’s necks while we’re at it.

Miles narrowed his eyes on Mikey's teasing comment, "All of my servants have background checks- sorry I don't think you'd make the cut." he retorted. He certainly wasn't going to get back into his dirty clothes, but he suddenly regretting walking out. When Blaire joined in on the insults, calling Miles a 'charmer' the boy smirked, "Well, you're not the first girl to claim that." he shrugged. When Blaire finally closed the door to the bathroom, Miles mocked her "and don't mess with my V-pad" he grumbled in a high pitch voice before scooping the tablet-like device off of the table. The boy stood behind the couch as he scrolled through the website Blaire had picked, not bothering to look at what she had already added to the cart. The boy scowled at his options- they weren't exactly his style. He eventually he settled on a couple different sweatshirts and t-shirts as well as varying shades of gray sweatpants. Miles bought a hat and sunglasses, in case he needed a disguise and some other necessities. The total came out to about 200$, so he still has half his money to use on food and stuff- when he pressed the purchase button a green light shot out from one side of the V-pad, when he placed the appropriate amount of money in the light the money vanished and was replaced with several boxes containing what they had ordered. Without looking up at Mikey, Miles began questioning him. "So what are you supposed to be, some kind of high school drop out?" the boy asked casually- he knew that there were other schools than his, but he assumed from the stories so far that Mikey wasn't exactly the most well-off kid around. "I mean, like, what's your sobstory?" Miles added, it was unclear whether he was genuinely curious or just trying to get on the other boy's nerves.
@Thomas the trainer @Tudor21G