• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

"Sorry," Ryker said dropping his head in shame. "I hate being useless. I want to help. I can't stand sitting here all safe while kids could be suffering. Every second we wait, a kid could die. I can't stand that thought." The boy grew quiet, knowing he couldn't win this argument.

Sky tilted his head, his vision flickering into the world of Rio's mind. Hearing what Aurrea said, he replied "I see. But, it should be possible to at least store some of this stuff until you feel she is ready." He held up his palm, where a small amount of blue energy was twisting itself around it, and like every other manifestation of his power, he sent it upwards, where it disappeared around the 'Top' of this temporary dimension. "I don't think I'll bother you any more. I'll lessen the energy output, or at least try to. Just contact me when you think Rio's ready, and I can help her get out of this hibernation. Until then, see you later." Sky gave a wave, then his vision phased back out into the real world. Quickly making an adjustment to his heart, he then pulled out a small piece of paper, wrote "The danger is gone. It is safe to come up now," then flew over to the hole and allowed it to drop down. Hopefully they'll come back up. Eh, I suppose I'll have to deal with the questions, but it should be fine.

Last edited:
While Oliver was being "inspected" by Sammy a piece of paper drifted down underground and landed on the owl.

"What is this?" Oliver said as it lifted the paper up and began to read it...

Bast watched a piece of paper land on the owl. The robotic Egyptian Mau approached Oliver from behind, then tried to peek at the paper. It was in her nature, if you could call it that, to be curious. Clay looked at the robotic owl and raised an eyebrow. Britannia stretched out her wings as far as she could, then pulled them closer to her back.

"The danger is gone. It is safe to come up now." Oliver said, reading the note out loud. Candice let out a sigh of relief at this.

"Well I think that decides that..." Candice said as she put her backpack on and turned to the others.

"Got the all clear, not we head back to school. Have to make sure the other students are okay." Candice told everyone. Kevin gave a nod at this and turned to Aura.

"You hear that Aura? Let's get out of here. You need a hand?" Kevin asked as Oliver struggled against Sammy's grip.

"Does no one have consideration for me?" Oliver asked, with what would have been a tone of frustration if the mechanical owl could emote.

Aura took Kevin's hand and struggled up to her feet. She gave a weak smile and looked over to Sammy.

"Nuh uh, nobody cares. You're coming with me, you'll be a perfect test subject" Sammy said, plucking the owl out of the air and holding him in her arms. As much as he squirmed, she was determined not o let o. Aura struggled to keep herself from laughing, Sammy was a tech fan and got... A lot of inspiration from movies.

Kevin made sure to act as steady support as he began to lead Aura and himself through the tunnel out of the cave. Candice smiled at this before she jumped in her drill, ready to head back to the surface.

"Ms. McKnight! Help me!" Oliver cried out as Sammy held it while Candice turned to the owl with a grin.

"Oh don't worry about it. She won't do anything to hurt you. Besides...seeing her hold you like that is just so cute!" Candice cried out before she drove the drill heading back to the surface.

"I hate all of you." Oliver said in defeat.

"No no no Oliver! You have to be nice!" Sammy said, "Hate is a strong word, and you're not very strong."

Aura thanked Kevin for the support, she was glad that they'd be able to see light again soon.

(OOC. I feel like Sammy and Oliver would have a love/hate relationship. Like if Sammy was in danger Oliver would be really worried, but any other times he acts like he doesn't care. Something like that. That's just what it makes me think of. BIC)

"That doesn't make me feel better." Oliver said, referring to Sammy's comment about him not being strong. Which was true, Oliver couldn't deny that.

"Oh why do I bother? No one respects me. I'm just everyone's punching bag." Oliver said to itself. Kevin meanwhile continued to help Aura through the tunnel. Eventually they saw the light at the end of it and soon enough made it to the surface.

"Well, we made it outside. Maybe when we get back to school we can have a normal day...for once." Kevin said to Aura with a smile.

Last edited:
"No classes, just food" Aura said, glad to finally see the light. "Food and water"

"You're not a punching bag" Sammy said, walking out into the light. "I think you're very independent, all the Owls I've seen in zoos just sit around eating food."

Bast went "Tango Mode" again and flew out of the hole. She changed back into her normal shape before landing and skidded several inches. "Perfect landing." the robotic Egyptian Mau said happily. "Do you have to show off in front of everybody?" Laila groaned. "Hey, just because I'm a robot doesn't mean that I can't have a little fun." Bast shot back. Clay became intangible and flew through the ground and appeared in front of the two. Winged Britannia flew through the hole with sword in hand. 'I have got to get a sheath for this thing.' she thought.

Sky's body phased back into existence in front of the newly resurfaced children (and others), head tilted slightly at the appearance of the newcomers. "I don't think we've met," he said to them. "And I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Sky." He then turned his attention to the others. "Is there anyone else down there?"

"In all honesty, I'm not sure. This is everyone I know was in there. I'm Bast by the way."Bast said. The robotic Egyptian Mau then looked at the others that she assumed had not been introduced to Sky. "The fuzz ball with the spots is Laila, the girl with the wings and the sword is Winged Britannia, and I don't know this guy's name." Bast said. "It's Clay." Clay said. He nodded to Bast and Sky. "I'd say its nice to meet you, but I'm not sure if that's appropriate considering todays events."

"Heh, another Robotic. You and Oliver must get on great. Well, one of you, at least." Sky cracked a grin, then refocused on the person he was most curious, about. There just seemed to be something off about her. With no physical sign of doing so, he pulled most of the air from around her wings away, meaning that she should drop to the ground without any air resistance to keep her airborne

Brit dropped a few inches, but somehow managed to stay in the air. Unknown to most others, she was generating her own air to keep her aloft. "Let me guess, your an air spirit. I believe I've heard about your kind." she said. Winged Britannia slowly lowered herself to the ground. "In my defense, I only use those powers when I have to. Generally magic works most of the time." She landed, then stuck her sword in the ground. "And I don't have as much control over air as you do, I'm sure"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Huh. I must admit, I'm impressed. I thought we'd been forgotten, but apparently we had more dimensional travelers than I thought. But I'm assuming you don't know all that much about us, or more specifically, me. We are very, territorial. I know it sounds like I'm commentating a wildlife documentary, but it's just how it is. So, no elemental manipulation here. Please."

"Got it." Winged Britannia said. "I'd introduce you to Ekininth, but I believe he's gone back home to my dimension at this point." Bast sighed in relief. "No offense, but I'm kind of glad that dragon is gone. He kept glaring at me like he wanted to melt me or something." The robotic Egyptian Mau shuddered. Clay remained silent.

"Huh. Well, I think we've been doing enough for one day. Let's keep things strictly in this dimension for now." An immensely sharp pain suddenly came across Sky, and just for a second, he let it show on his face, before regaining control. "So, I must ask you. What exactly can you do?"

"Don't worry, Robot Owl thing. I'm everyone's punching bag, quite literally," Ryker said laughing. He appeared to be feeling better. He turned to Sky, and said, "Don't worrry, I got all of them out ealier. Everyone is above ground."

"I can fly, manipulate air to an extent, and do magic. My sword is magic as well." Brit said. Bast stuck her tongue out at Oliver, then put it back in her mouth before she giggled. "If you don't mind, I would like to stay here for awhile. Possibly drop in and participate in a few classes too. I'm sure there's still some things I could learn." Brit said. A sheath suddenly appeared at her side. Brit picked up the sword then placed it in the sheath. 'Don't know why I didn't do that sooner.' she thought.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"I think you mean we got all them out of there." Lily said to Ryker with a smirk.

"But he is right. Everyone is safe now." Lily said, backing up Ryker's statement.

"That would be fine. Hell, you could always become a student. I don't think there would be a problem with that. Anyway, you're free to come and go whenever." Sky tilted his head, as a droning sound suddenly appeared, getting louder by the second. "Oh, you mother fuckers..." He muttered to himself, before turning to them. "Please excuse me. There is some business I have to attend to," he told them, with an angry tone in his voice, then turned to face the aeroplane which was slowly coming into view across the horizon. A standard commercial airline, probably carrying something like 50 people. With a small flick of his hand, the engines keeping the plane airborne, suddenly stopped, as did any air resistance. And the plane suddenly began to drop. "Bloody humans," Sky muttered to himself, still keeping an eye on the machine. He could feel the pollution, the poison, from here, slowly rising upwards, into the atmosphere and causing physical discomfort to him. Bermuda triangle? Hah. Good one. It was simply one of the few places where humans and a few water and air spirits intersected

Candice had just emerged from underground when she saw a airliner in the distance begin to drop. This wasn't good!

"Crap!" Candice called out as she summed her mech and got inside, making a move to fly over to the falling airliner. Candice got her mech underneath it and, using all the power of the suit along with her jet boots, tried to slow its descent to the best of her ability.

This is just what I need today....

"Are you insane!?" Oliver yelled as it flew out of Sammy's arms and got right in Sky's face.

"Heh. No sanity to loose. I'm simply helping the earth. These idiots know full well how dangerous it is to fly around this area. I may not be a villain, but nobody apart from nature can call me a good guy." Sky replied cooly, gently pushing the owl away from his face. "I couldn't really care about what happens to the people inside. If they survive, great. That's a few less lives lost. If they die, that's still a few less humans keeping these machines going

"Just because you hate technology does't give you the right to put innocent people in peril! You may not consider yourself a hero but as the headmaster of a school for aspiring heroes you owe it to them to at least pretend to be one." Oliver said to Sky, in full disagreement with Sky's statement.

Kevin meanwhile stood in stunned surprise over Sky's actions. However, Kevin couldn't dwell on that as he watched his mother continue to lower the airliner to safety. Candice had to use backup boosters on top of pushing her mech to its limits, but she wasn't gonna quite now. Too many people inside this airliner were counting on her.

"Gah, Sky above. Yes, I hate technology. Unfortunately, they have killed millions of innocent creatures. I have never called myself a hero." Sky rolled his eyes, and the airlines came to a gentle rest on the surface of the ocean, a small layer of wind keeping it above the water.

Oliver simply shook his head and flew over to Kevin.

"Come, we're going back to your dorm. We'll meet your mother there." Oliver said as Kevin gave a nod before he followed Oliver back to the school. Candice arrived later in her mech and landed, giving a big grin to the rest of the group.

"Well that was unexpected, but those people are gonna be okay!" Candice said, unaware of what Sky had done. Oliver only knew because he had seen Sky's little "trick" up close and personal.

"It's weird though, the plane looked fine when I gave it a quick inspection. No visible damage. It just...stopped." Candice said to herself, a hand on her chin as she thought it over.

Last edited:
"Huh... But, why do you think it happened? I know next to nothing about this bloody flying technology, you've got quite a lot more experience than me." Sky hid a grin, still tilting his head thoughtfully, when another spike of pain went through him. That small use of his powers had done nothing good for him, being so far away from his Core. He'd probably have to get back to it relatively soon, the power collected should be enough for Aurrea. But he could wait something like an hour

Aurrea felt a little guilty, using the power fed to her heart from Sky's own core to build an ethereal form so she could keep an eye on the school. She had known Sky for the same amount of time as Rio, and she knew how much of an anchor her companion was to the air spirit. She had just gained her sight in time to watch as Sky cause an airliner to drop out of the sky, and growled. Old instinct dies hard it seemed, although it technically was illegal to fly in the area at all with airliners.

Her form was nothing more than glowing red lines outlining her like a sketch, the rest of her see through but faintly colored red. And when she had bonded with Rio, her eyes also spewed flames and glowed Amber, though her pupils were visible. The fifteen foot ghost flew through walls and towards Sky, shooting along the thin line of elemental energy that connected him to his core. She didn't make a sound though she heavily landed right behind the spirit, grabbing that string she had followed and pulled, knowing very well he would be in pain of she did.

Her gaze was hard, and only a ghostly, echoing snarl came from her. However, telepathically, she practically screamed at Sky. You daft idiot! You know what Rio keeps telling you! And you know how much she hates it when you do these things!

A sudden piercing pain shot through him, almost like a gunshot, followed by the sound of a familiar dragon. "And that is exactly why this has become the protected habitat of a critically endangered species. I was fully in my right to do so." Sky turned around to see the glowing form of Aurrea, floating behind him. "But she was the reason I actually helped the thing land. I'm not completely Heartless, you know. And did you really follow me from my Core? That bloody hurts, you know." Sky's body dissolved, reappearing back in his office, and with a careful manipulation of his heart, brought the spirit of Aurrea with him. "There we go. Now I'm not in danger of loosing consciousness. Anyway, what reason did you have to come out? There must have been something to tell me."

"Other than you being an absolute idiotic, territorial, balloon of hot air, the only thing I can tell you is that pumping anymore energy into Rio would do more harm than good. I used the excess to create this form, and while I cannot develop it further I can absorb energy. Which I am currently doing, until enough has left the heart for Rio's mortal form to dematerialize without destroying itself again." Aurrea growled, floating through several walls and floor so her neck and head would fit in the room.

"And Sky, I know that Rio almost dying and being in a comatose state is rough for anyone as closely bonded as you two. But can you please make an effort to not begin reverting to your old habits? You truly do know how much it hurts Rio when she is reminded of how she used to be."
The dragon chastised further.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Lily soon made her way back to campus. Some students were recovering from being sealed in pods, others went over to comfort them, others were trying to figure out what was going on and some...

"Where's Kyle?"

"Where's Jenny?"

"Don't worry, I'm sure they'll turn up soon."

Lily gave a frown as other names were being called out. They had brought up all the students in the pods. The other students those kids were talking about were likely the ones that...Lily couldn't even finish that thought without a shake of her head. Lily moved over to go lie down in her bed, to try and get over the horrors she'd seen today.

"I knew it. They're dead."

Lily turned and saw a kid her age. Tall and kinda of a string bean. Pale skin with black hair and matching eyes. He wore a black jacket with a hoodie covering his head, and a pair of black cargo pants with matching shoes.

"Um, I don't know what..." Lily started to say before the guy cut her off with a hand raise.

"Can't fool me. You were one of the kids who went down there. Saw you bring a couple back up. If no more are coming, that means they bite it." The guy said, Lily didn't say anything as she really didn't have a counter for it.

Sky nodded, then closed his eyes. The blue orb suddenly phased out of existence, and he let out a breath of relief. "Well, that's understandable. But me loosing my ways isn't all that easy, and I am fully aware that it was the same for her. Defending myself and my home is just part of my instincts. Hell, there was a reason I took the law into my hands and stopped those airliners flying around here. But okay. For her sake, I'll try. Oh yeah, and trust me, I don't have any emotional problems at the moment. I have seen some serious shit in my lifetime." A small smile appeared as his mind recalled a few experiences, as he asked "So, you've got enough of my power. When can you get Rio back in action?"

Last edited:
"Well the readings all check out, sorry again hunny for making you go through this."

"Don't worry mom, better to be safe and sorry."

Kevin, Candice and Oliver were in Kevin's dorm as Candice ran some tests on Kevin to make sure Kevin's inner beast was dormant. Sure enough it was and Candice began to put her equipment away. Kevin meanwhile he mostly remained silent, shaking a little in place. It was clear Kevin was a little shaken from the events today, so once Candice finished putting her stuff away she moved next to him and put her arm around his shoulder to offer her son comfort.

"You okay?" Candice asked as Kevin kept his eyes on the ground.

"I....I don't know. I guess it hadn't hit me, I didn't feel like this during the fight. I'm just..." Kevin said, unsure of how to put it into words. Kevin didn't know how he felt, he didn't feel this fear he did when he confronted the beast. Nor did he feel the weight of the student's deaths until now. Which made negative sense since both incidents were over now.

"Doesn't sound strange to me. Adrenaline and the desire to protect can push one past fear and even regret. Now that things have settled the weight of what happened is coming in full force." Candice said, offering an explanation that seemed to work well enough for Kevin.

"There had...there had to be a way to save them. Something different I...we could have done..." Kevin started to say before Candice gave her son a big hug.

"Hunny, I know how you feel. And it's something I won't even stop thinking about. However...that's a sad truth about being a hero. You can't save everyone, no matter how badly you want to." Candice said, as Kevin looked up, tears in his eyes and a look of utter shock.

"So, I'm just supposed to accept that? That people are going to die and I shouldn't think about it?" Kevin asked, obviously not a fan of that mindset.

"No, of course not. As a hero, you should do everything you can to save as many people as you can. However, you can't let any causality that unfortunately goes hand in hand with being a hero stop you from doing what is right. No matter how bad things get, you have to find the strength to pick yourself back up and keep going. Cause your efforts do make a difference." Candice said, offering advice as she and Kevin continued to embrace each other.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"What's your name anyway. I'm Lily." Lily said, wanting to know who this guy was and even offering her hand out for a handshake. The guy glanced down at her hand before facing her.

"Andrew. And sorry, I don't do handshakes." Andrew said. Lily gave a frown at this.

"Okay, rude much..." Lily said dropping her hand. Andrew let out a sigh, revealing a gloved hand that had been buried in his jacket pocket. Andrew used his other hand to removed the glove before picking up a nearby leaf and holding it for Lily to see. The leaf quickly began to rot as Andrew held it. Soon the leaf was reduced to crumbled bits as the wind blew it away.

"Wow..." Lily said, eyes wide from the display. Andrew put his glove back on before he faced Lily.

"That's why I don't do handshake. Some people fly, some people shoot fire, I kill things. Anything I touch rots and decays till it's reduced to nothing. Only this special clothing I wear is immune to the effects." Andrew explained, Lily taking a moment to think it over.

"In any event, I think the other students are owed an explanation for what happened. They deserve to know the truth." Andrew stated, as Lily turned to the ground.

"I'm...I'm sure that there will be an announcement." Lily said as Andrew chuckled to himself.

"Yeah, sure. I'm sure they'll commit to telling the full truth. Something like this is a PR nightmare, they'll keep their lips sealed and just say the students "went missing" or some other crap." Andrew said, making Lily face him with a glare. This guy was quite rude.

Aura carried Sammy back to her dorm room. Sammy did have her own, but Aura had given it to someone else. After all this, Aura would rather Sammy share with her. She unlocked the room and smiled a little. It was a nice room with a big double bed, good. She lay Sammy down in the bed and covered her with the doona, she was fast asleep. Aura ate a couple of wheat crackers and an apple, before laying down in the bed next to Sammy. She pulled out her favourite romance novel and turned to the chapter she was up to. She then started to read.

In Sammy's dream she was running through a corridor, she was transformed. She had cat ears and a cat tail. She leaped through doors which went into another endless corridor. Then, a child walked up to her, the boy seemed to be transparent. "Are you a ghost too?" The little boy asked, his voice clear but soft. Sammy's eyes widened and she shook her head. Backing away, she bumped into an older girl, who was also staring at her with wide eyes. "Where are we?" Another child asked her, many children gathered around her, all staring at her with puzzled, scared eyes.

(OOC. Aura and Sammy share the power to connect and speak to the dead through dreams. BIC)

"Anyway mom, nice to see you but I think I need to lie down. I've had a long day." Kevin said, Candice gave a smile and kissed her son on the forehead before saying goodbye. Candice walked out of Kevin's room to let him sleep, Oliver on her left shoulder.

"Like I said, he'll be a great hero." Candice said with a smile as Oliver actually smiled in agreement.

"Anyway, keep an eye on him. I'm counting on you to keep that boy in line, but don't try to be too much of a pain in the rear." Candice said as Oliver rolled its artificial eyes before he fly down to the floor.

"I understand Ms. McKnight." Oliver replied as Candice walked down the hall and outside. Candice resummoned her mech and used it to flew away from the school and begin her journey back home. A schoolgirl around Kevin's age happened to be watching from a distance, a grin on her face before she left.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Well, Andrew, I'm sure I'll be seeing you around. Though try not to hold such a negative view on the staff, they're better people than you think." Lily said before she began to walk away back to her dorm. Lily had previously overheard the conflict between Sky and that owl that freshmen kid had, so she knew Sky might not be a total nice guy. Still she was gonna give the staff more credit than Andrew would. Lily soon made it to her dorm and opened up a book, looking to escape the events of today and try to relax.

"Not terribly soon, I'm afraid. With luck, maybe four days, if I rush it. But you know what happens when we three rush things, so it may be a week, maybe longer." Aurrea's ghostly form shrugged, though inwardly hid her concern with Sky. Sure, he may play off everything as fine and that he had thicker skin than that, but she knew that if Rio wasn't back in action soon Sky most certainly would start to grow unstable. Causing airline engines to die suddenly would be the least of their problems. "I can hardly do much other than manipulate energy and power without a physical form. So I won't be able to help you other than chat your ear off. I'll need you to gather all the students into places with working speakers, or close to me, or hand out the portable spare speakers somewhere in the storage rooms under the school. I feel some announcements need to be made, and while you do that I am going to figure out how to speak without telepathy."

Aurrea then shattered into millions of little red and orange flakes of light, a whisp of fire launching itself back into the heart on the desk. Faintly, she sent out one last murmer to Sky's mind, "Let me know when all the students are ready to listen."

Kevin found himself in an empty space. No people, no objects. Nothing. Just emptiness. Kevin had never felt so alone.

"Hello...can anyone hear me?" Kevin asked, in the hope that someone would answer him. Kevin heard no response. Kevin could see his own breath as he stood in isolation, it was....so cold...

"This is weird..." Kevin said to himself, before he started moving forward. The darkness of the empty place made it hard to see anything. Soon enough however Kevin saw something...something quite troubling.

"Laila!" Kevin cried out. Laila was down on the ground just in front of Kevin, covered in blood as Kevin dashed over to provide comfort.

"Laila! Are you okay? Laila!" Kevin asked, Laila however could not speak. Kevin checked the pulse...and his worst fear was confirmed. Laila was dead. Kevin didn't even have time to process that as he noticed a couple more bodies up ahead...one of his mother and another the shattered remains of Oliver. Kevin looked on in horror.

"W...what happened?" Kevin asked, barley able to choke out the words. A noticeable and sinister chuckle behind him broke Kevin out of his thoughts...only for his eyes to widen in complete fear.

There stood Kevin, in his full lizard beast form. The monster inside having taken over and somehow outside Kevin's body. However, that was not what Kevin focused on...

"Ryker! Aura!"

The beast held the beaten Ryker and Aura by each of their heads while the beast faced him with a smirk.