• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

Jake woke one final time from his current state. He saw Kevin, Aura and Sammy around 10 feet away from him, he saw a figure, which he assumed to be Rose, run off at lightning speed, in one last effort he mustered all the power in his form and teleported to the gates where he surprisingly saw Rose. "Heya..." Jake weakly said, holding his sore shoulder. "I heard you talk to yourself, and just so you know, in my opinion, you would make an amazing hero. I mean, just go fight Viiper, one last time... Hell... Even I'M still ready to fight, and look at me... Stabbed twice, poisoned, but I'm still kickin'... so why don't you go fight?" Jake said in his most inspirational tone he could muster at the moment. "Anyway, I'm going to give it my last bit of effort... see ya later... or if I die, see ya never... hehe..." Jake said, he then teleported to the area where Viiper and Rio was. His eyes glowed a weak red... but they were glowing, nonetheless. "Hey, Viiper, just so ya know... you never... EVER... mess with dragon academy, or else you get the fire... ya reptilian piece of crap..." Jake said rudely to Viiper, trying to make him angry. "I mean, what could YOU ever do to destroy all of us? Do you think you will win? Because you wont... we will always, ALWAYS, win..."Jake said, his eyes glowing more with every sentence. "You, will be destroyed, and ya know what? I hope it's PAINFUL." Jake finished creepily, his corrupted blood sealed the wound in his chest, which only made Jake stronger. Then, Jake used his knife and cut his hand open, and controlled the blood coming out of the wound. "Interesting... Very interesting..." Jake said to himself as he formed a tentacle with the blood.

Let's test out my new abilities...

Jake thought to himself. He then cut open his other hand, and made a tentacle out of that. with the more blood he lost from his body the color of the glow in his eyes became darker. "Jetzt bist du verschraubt" Jake said (I'll give a translation in the discussion) Jake's eyes were glowing pitch black now. He walked closer to Viiper then bitch slapped him with one of the tentacles. "Wuss." Jake said tauntingly.

Candice arrived in her mech, making it in time to see a group of people around Viiper. That was good, what wasn't so good was there were a couple of kids there to. Not much Candice could do about it. Candice aimed her mech's fists, which opened up and loaded up large plasma cannons aimed right at Viiper's face.

No matter what, we have to stop this thing here and now. I just hope the kids don't get themselves killed. I fear they don't realize what they are dealing with...

Still unable to move, Rio watched in horror as Viiper's attention was switched from her, then to Sky, and then to Jake. Opting for nothing more than a feral snarl after being slapped, his hand whipped back, the whip swiftly forming into a very solid, very sharp scythe again, and his muscle twitched just before he made the movement to slash at Jake. Or so he would have, if Rio hadn't though quick enough to send the snake careening into the forest with a jet of white hot flames from her jaws.

Closing her mouth with a snarl, a few flames flickered between her teeth and past her lips. Finally, the headmistress found enough strength in her rapidly dying body to stand, resting in a crouch. Her glowing eyes flicked to Candice, and when she spoke it sounded like her voice had been overlapped with Aurrea's and had a distinct echo. "Things might be getting messy soon... Make sure everyone is either underground or as close to the beach as humanely possible... keep everyone away from the forest, especially the students." She glanced to Jake, "Same goes for you, get underground and make sure everyone stays underground, and don't come back up no matter what you hear or feel. And Sky-" She looked to the headmaster, seemingly hesitant. "I need you to make a forcefield around me and Viiper when I tell you too, keep us contained and don't let it break, y'hear?"

Knowing that Sky inevitably would follow her, Rio got onto all fours and dashed into the forest, as Viiper had fled. Her senses heightened, and her time running out, Rio began hunting for her old nemesis.

Candice, inside the cockpit, gave a nod before turning to the others.

"Alright, you heard her. Get on this baby and I'll take you all back underground. I don't want any objections or complains, so move it!" Candice yelled, trying to take charge with the important responsibility she's been given. Candice wasn't about to let the headmistress down.

"You heard the lady. Move it or lose it." Britannia said. Ekininth glared at Viiper, snorted, then took off like a shot. "No way am I getting in trouble for letting people put themselves in danger. If anyone tries to join the fight Ekininth will make sure no one does anything stupid." she said. Winged Britannia flapped her wings. She nodded to Candice.

The world was a blur of green and shadowy silhouettes as Wystria ran. Her determination, though strong, would not keep her muscles pumping forever and fatigue was quickly closing on her heels. As she caught sight of the forest edge a sense of relief and renewed vigor washed over her.

A few strides later Wystria squinted as her eyes adjusted to the sight in front of her. Fast approaching was a black dot which expanded into a humanoid figure. The person, or creature, hurtled through the air at blinding speeds and veered off into the forestry on her right. Without thinking Wyst altered her course and made a bee-line for the approximate location of the 'crash landing'. As she approached she slowed from a sprint, to a jog, and eventually to a crawl. She carefully advanced, taking the time to catch her breath and prepare for whatever lied ahead.

Aura struggled up, Sammy helping her. She had a limp, that'd last for a bit. Dry blood was all over her arms, face and legs. She staggered over to Candice, she was dizzy, the strain on her leg wasn't helping. The ground felt metres away and Sammy even further. Worse yet, she was completely numb, which introduced a fear that she was badly badly injured.

Sky tilted his head, already knowing what Rio was going to do. He didn't like it, but, well... What could he do? He might as well follow her last orders, since the other options were that either everyone died, or Viiper stayed free and would probably destroy the world, with the stuff available to him. Sky's body swirled forwards, past Rio and to the snake in question. A freak pulse of wind thrust it downwards, pulling his legs the ino the ground and temperaly immobilising him, and then let out a yell to show his friend where her nemesis was. Then, he simply hovered above them, and waited

Last edited:
Jake heard rio's orders, about going underground. "Fine..." Jake said disappointedly, but then again he didn't want to get in between Viiper and Rio, so he teleported back to the cave, the blood tentacles snaked back into his hands. He found the familiar sight he was looking for. He smiled and sat back down on the strange ground. He leaned on the wall and got out a book, lord of the rings. He continued from his last point, which Ironically (namewise), was two towers. (WHOOPS TYPO! Learning abt 9/11, again... at school. ._.)

Last edited:
Ryker noticed Aura and Sammy And quickly put his arm over Aura's shoulder. He looked at Candice and gave a nod. "You'll be fine." He said to Aura trying to help steady her.

"Lady, you mind giving us a hand?" He asked to Candice.

Candice glided over to pick up the children before she took off to head to the nearest hole underground.

"Alright everyone, let's get out of here!" Candice called out as she flew the mech and the children she carried with it to the nearby area. Only a minute or two before they'd be underground and safe. Candice gave a look back to the area Rio left towards with the beast.

For your sake, you better know what you're doing. This school is the best thing to ever happen to Kevin. I don't want it to lose its headmistress...

Viiper snarled as his legs were suddenly buried beneath a good few feet of earth, looking up to where the air spirit was shimmering in the air. Placing his arms on either side of him, he only managed to pull himself out a few inches before deciding to summon another whip. He cocked his arm back, ready to harm Sky, only for Rio to come barreling into him at full, flaming speed.

The force ripped Viiper's.... upper half from the ground, his legs were left behind in the dirt, and Rio now had him firmly pinned beneath her and immobilized. Rio didn't have to say anything, other than a small "urk" escaping her jaws as Viiper hissed and plunged his tail into her stomach. Her eyes widened, more of her form splintering into hairline cracks, and she felt the painful effects of the poison already paralyzing her lower half. She started sagging, and Viiper started struggling.

With a defiant roar, her claws plunged into his chest, wrapped around the black diamond he had embedded there like her. Her heart flared to life, shrieking from a buildup of energy, her head snapped to Sky in the precious few seconds. "Now!" she screamed, and then her heart shattered, and a torrent of sparkling orange, magically powered fire began to explode from where she had once stood.

As Wystria slipped from the shadows of one tree to another she slowly approached the impact zone. She had no chance to take action as whatever had landed was soon pinned beneath the claws of what seemed to be .......her Mistress? Despite being completely confused as to why Rio looked so ... bestial, Wyst figured she'd help first and get an explanation later.

As Wystria prepared to take action Rio's head snapped up to scream at what could vaguely be recognized as Sky, before she literally decided to go out in a blaze of glory. Her body crackled with sparks and the surrounding temperature rapidly rose until it was scalding. Wyst faintly heard the sound of shattered glass before tongues of fire began to burst forth from Rio's body.

As Wyst watched her gaze carried hints of awe, and helplessness.

"Incinesitire tresetani," Sky hissed, thrusting his arms outwards. A sudden funnel of cloud shot downwards, enveloping them all, and the fiery energy radiating outwards was pulled into the twister, faint tendrils of red swirling upwards until it dissipated in the sky above them. Inside it, however, it was completely clear, the "eye of the storm" so to speak not being affected at all. And above all this, looking down, the air spirit felt a small part of himself crumble away, being replaced with something else entirely. I suppose, if you could put a name on it, you would call it sadness. The blue glow above the twister, slowly dimmed.

Aura's head jerked up, she was underground and she couldn't see what was happening. But she could feel that something had changed, something was wrong. "Bad... Something bad..." She mumbled, trying to speak louder.

Kevin looked at Aura with concern before Candice soon arrived with Ryker and others underground.

"Mom! What happened? Is everything alright?" Kevin asked. Candice looked to the ground for a moment before she exited the mech.

"Yeah...everything will be okay." Candice said with a soft smile. Oliver knew that Candice was hiding something, but Kevin seemed to buy it so Oliver wasn't gonna press the issue.

"B- bad" Aura croaked, very quietly, "Ri - o"

Sammy sat Aura down on the ground and sat in her lap, she was tired. "Rory... Is it over?" She asked, yawning. Aura have a weak smile and sighed, "Almost Sammy... Almost"

Kevin went over by Aura, just to see if she was okay. Kevin had a...bad feeling in his stomach but he couldn't quite figure out what it could be. His mom said everything was fine so Kevin couldn't grasp why he felt something was wrong. A distance away Candice explained the situation to Oliver, with a whisper as to not alert the other students.

"So, you think Rio is..." Oliver started to say before he shut its mouth once Candice held her hand up.

"Hard to say. I hope not, but it didn't look good from what I saw." Candice answered, cutting Oliver off. Oliver gave a nod to this.

"Funny thing is I hate that air elemental, but for his sake I hope Rio can pull off a miracle." Oliver said, even if he didn't like Sky he wouldn't wish something like this on his worst enemy.

Britannia felt like she had been singed despite the fact that the flames had not touched her at all. A person who Brit could only assume was the Headmistress appeared to have gone out in a fiery blaze. She felt incredible guilt and sadness. Brit solemnly walked over to Laila and whispered the news in her ear. Laila's eyes widened in shock. She sank to the ground. Had she been capable of doing so at the time she would've sobbed. Bast walked over and attempted to comfort her.

Aura's eyes fluttered, her mouth curling into a small, hard line. A wave of guilt, sorrow and nausea came across her at the same time.
She felt horribly sick and sad, what she'd seen, a- and Rio. She clutched her head as her fever started to return. She had to stay strong, for everyone's sake. The heat of the underground area hit her, her breathing quickened. Every time she closed her eyes she saw what had happened to Rio. Sounds echoed through her ears, hissing and screaming. And she suddenly felt very vulnerable, very useless, very scared. She looked around her, the sight she saw wasn't pretty. Injured students, blood and tar were everywhere. She scrambled along the dirt and rocks, panting. She hit the wall and sat there, trembling. After all she was only a young teenager, all the students were. Her whole body shaking like crazy, and not responding to what her mind told her to do. She rapidly looked around, the fear closing in on her.

Inside the eye of the storm, Rio and Viiper's screams of absolute agony overlapped each other for quite a few, painfully long seconds. Viiper's was the first to disappear, and very abruptly. All his body disintegrated, and the heart in Rio's claws cracked, splintered, melted, and finally shattered away from existence. Subsequently, all the tar in the island dissolved as soon as the corrupt heart was destroyed.

However, it wasn't over yet, as more and more of Rio's scales flew away like dried leaves, leaving behind a dragon like form composed of nothing but flames. Rio only had a few seconds before dying. Yet she wasn't ready to go. Not by a long shot. With a roar that told of the excruciating pain she was in, her form began to break apart, being sucked into her heart in tendrils.

There was a sound of a sort of deep hum, growing more distorted and deep as more of her form was absorbed back into the heart, until like Viiper it cut off completely. Dropping into the grass was her heart, complete repaired and returned to its original color. Only it glowed and pulsed more than ever, and radiated heat, and vaguely it felt as if something was sleeping within it.

Jake looked up from his book and started to follow the group. He teleported to the point where he was right behind them. He saw Aura and surprisingly didn't feel any remorse. He was surprised himself of his lack of sadness towards her current predicament. He looked at her and continued on, not caring about what would happen to her. His eyes then turned from black to normal, but his eyes were bloodshot. He felt an extreme pain across his entire body, seemingly weighing him down to the ground. Small specks and streaks of black could be seen in his eyes. He coughed up tar and blood, and combined with the now four wounds in various areas of his body, was the most painful experience that Jake had experienced in his life (Think of him like a Dúnedain from LOTR, long life, but not immortal.). He just lied on the ground almost twitching with pain, he shivered more and more as he coughed up more blood.

The twister dropped away the second Sky could tell that Viiper was down, and the air spirit dropped to the ground. Very carefully, he lifted his hand, and an orange gem, around the size of his fist, dropped into it. And then, almost instantly, he was back at his house. At an almost incomprehensible speed, the door flew back onto its hinges, the objects in the room flew back into place, and his office door opened, then closed. A mind which works about a fourth above the human maximum and is able to focus on around twelve things at the same time, along with a body that can work nearly as fast, helps with these sorts of things. Sky gently set the glowing orange gem down onto his desk, flashed back into human form, and gritted his teeth. His own Core, just a little smaller than Rio's own, floated out of his chest (Positioned there for stereotypes' sake), and into his hand. And then, making his choice, his other hand clenched into a fist.

And the blue orb fractured. A small crack appeared, running down the side. Sky's face was completely motionless as he placed it down next to his friend's, then began muttering various syllables under his breath. The energy leaking out of the breach, which may not have been a lot compared to the amount inside (but was still enough to power an average town for around two days or so), was suddenly redirected into a different vessel. If the air spirit had any human instincts, he would probably be screaming until his lungs were dry, but he didn't. Hell, he even managed to crack a smile before he closed his eyes, and dissolved. And just before that, you could almost hear the words, "Don't worry. I've got you."

"Aura? Are you okay?" Kevin asked, taking a seat next to Aura and putting an arm around her shoulder to offer comfort. Kevin sensed Aura was being overwhelmed by the situation. Kevin could relate. Kevin was like that after...his first incident with the beast. Candice and Oliver where there for Kevin then, he had to be here for Aura now.

Candice couldn't help but smile. Kevin had already grown so much since she found him all those years ago. She knew this school would be exactly what Kevin needed. However, Oliver had to open its mouth...

"I do fear of the effect of this..." Oliver said to itself as Candice shot the owl a mini glare.

"Only you could somehow see the bad in making friends..." Candice said with a sigh as Oliver flew up to her shoulder.

"You know that's not what I meant. Kevin has developed a strong bond with the likes of Aura and Ryker, among others. If anything were to happen to them..." Oliver said before Candice cut the owl off with a bop on the head. Oliver shot a glare at Candice.

"Nothing is gonna happen. You're getting paranoid." Candice said with a grin.

Aura moved in a little closer to Kevin. "I- I'm meant t be strong. But- But I'm scared Kevin" Aura said, "I've never had anything like this happen with me involved. I don't even know if something Ike this has ever happened!" She looked over at Samy, who was trying to grab Oliver and inspect him, she was having fun trying. She was so brave, and after all this, Aura was scared.

"Being strong doesn't mean you can't be afraid. I'm scared to, and I live in fear everyday. However..." Kevin said to Aura before he let out a sigh.

"I always think back to a movie I saw as a kid. The Secret of Nimh. You ever heard of it?" Kevin asked, but he continued with his story before Aura could answer.

"The main character, Mrs. Brisby, was scared throughout that entire movie. She was just a mother, going out into a world far bigger than her. Full of danger and with a constant fear that she could die at any moment. However, she kept going anyway. All to save her son. She showed me what true strength was. That bravery is one in spite of fear not the absence of it. That it's okay to be afraid...but you can't...you can't let that fear control you." Kevin said, he wasn't a very good motivator but he held hope the story would make Aura feel better.

"Get your hands off me!" Oliver said, trying to avoid Sammy grabbing him with little success. Candice thought the whole thing was funny and let out a laugh.

Last edited:
"Hey, what's the matter owl-boy. Inspection not your thing?" Bast said as she temporarily turned her attention to the owl AI. The robotic Egyptian Mau purred in amusement. Then her nature turned serious again as she once again returned her attention to Laila. Clay leaned back against a cave wall and sighed. 'So much danger and unhappiness in one day.' he thought. Winged Britannia watched everyone's interactions while trying not to start crying.

"As a matter of fact it isn't!" Oliver yelled at Bast, which distracted the mechanical owl long enough for Sammy to grab its leg.

"Wow, this is amazing!" Candice said, a gleam in her eyes along with a big smile as she began to visually inspect Bast, crouching down beside the robotic Egyptian Mau for a closer look.

Laila and Bast laughed. Bast then noticed someone was beside her and turned to see Candice. The robotic Egyptian Mau blinked. "Hello." she said. "She was a gift from a friend. He was pretty good with technology. I'd introduce you to him if I could but I haven't heard much from him since the day he graduated." Laila said.

"Pretty good is an understatement. AI intelligence, emotional capacity, sophisticated design...your friend is a genius!" Candice complimented as she took out a second watch from her backpack and used it to scan Bast; one of her many habits.

"I would love to meet him if you can ever make that happen." Candice said to Laila with a smile as she finished her scan.

Rio coughed, restlessly sleeping in a comatose like state, with a fully dragon Aura pacing protectively around the seemingly fully human Rio. Everything on the white, misty plain echoed, flat and endless with no definable sky or ground. This was the inside of Rio's mind, blank and uncertain just like her current state, only Aurrea and Rio herself were tangible. And of course, Sky slowly faded into existence on this mental plague. And, unfortunately, this wasn't the first time he had visited. Rio, with her brilliant golden mane grown back, turned to look down at Sky. "It isn't safe to be here you know." her deep voice resonated. "I have to keep her like this. For how long I don't know. If I let her wake up the trauma and energy would destroy her for good."

Daniel felt like crap. He woke up underground, with an incredible pain on his forehead. The Fine Arts Teacher stood up and surveyed teh area for other humans. He lit up his hand with electricity and looked around the dark cave.

Ryker sat on the ground with his legs crossed, and his eyes closed. To most people it looked like the boy was mediating, but in reality he was just trying to pass the time. He hated the fact he was not only away from the action, but he couldn't do anything. Couldn't even help the students.

He opened his eyes and stood up. "I'd hate to break this up, but we should check on the students. Who knows what could have happened. We need to make sure they're allright. It sure beats sitting up here."

The boy was clearly becoming impatient. Some people couldn't sit still, but things could be done that they weren't doing. This fact drove him nuts. He was a kid of action.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"You're right we don't know what happened. For all we know it could be a war zone up there. We should wait until we get an all clear from the headmaster or headmistress." Lily said, objecting to Ryker's suggestion. Lily had remained silent throughout much of the events since getting the students to safety, but felt it would would be best to speak her mind now. These freshmen were bold, far too bold for her taste.

Aura let out a smal sigh, "Thanks, you're right" Aura said, "I can't let the fear control me"

"Oh no, you are not getting away!" Sammy said. She jumped into the air and grabbed Oliver's leg, pulling him down. "Hmm..." She murmured, knocking her hand on the side of Oliver. "So you're completely mechanical?" She asked, she then turned to Candice and saw all of her gadgets. He gasped, "Cool!" She exclaimed.

"DON'T DO THAT! JUST BECAUSE I'M MECHANICAL DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE FREE TO SCREW AROUND WITH ME! HELP! HELP!" Oliver cried out in a panic as Sammy toyed around with him. Kevin and Candice each did what was their natural response to this; they laughed out loud.

"YOU ARE BOTH SCUM!" Oliver yelled.

"Why do we have to wait around for orders like dogs. If we can do something we should do it. Isn't that why we came here. To be heroes. What heroes would allow two people to do all of the work?" Ryker side looking at everyone.

"We can't rely solely on them. We need to support them too, and help. They can't do everything by themselves. Maybe they can't help everyone else right now. So we should."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Cause throwing away our lives against an enemy we can't beat isn't heroic, it's stupid. We tried to help Rio and Sky, and that thing treated us like we were a mild annoyance. We'd only get in their way." Lily said to Ryker.

"I get wanting to help, I really do, but this isn't the time for that. We have to just trust that they can handle this. If we go up and that thing isn't dead, Rio and Sky will have to worry about keeping us safe and fighting that thing." Lily said.

"Then we don't get in their way. They told us to protect the students. And we should. I'm sure Rio and Sky led the monster thing, away from anyone, but there is wreckage and damage everywhere. Students could be DYING AND WE'RE JUST SITTING HERE SAFE." Ry said, with it soon becoming him shouted. He was getting frustrated, mainly from him feeling useless.

Kevin took a deep breath and stood up, walking over to Ryker with some concern in his eyes.

"A-are you okay Ryker? I get how you feel, but m-maybe we should wait and come up with a plan. Going up all gung-ho m-might not be the best idea..." Kevin said to Ryker. Kevin wasn't used to this...not positive side of Ryker. Candice smiled as she set her backpack down.

"Good thinking hunny. Taking time to make a good plan always trumps rushing in blindly. Now give me a sec and I'll get something that might help..." Candice said as she dug through her bag.