• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Lily took the opportunity to use her vines and grab Jake, pulling him away from the battle to a relatively more safe area. Lily crouched down and began to use some of her healing herbs to stop blood loss and help treat critical injuries. Lily couldn't fully heal Jake, but she could keep him from dying at the very least. Once Lily was done she stood up and took a look at the battle nearby. Lily wanted to jump in and join the fray, but she felt it would only add to the chaos of it all and not be so helpful to Rio. Not to mention her powers were not at their best due to lack of sunlight.

Maybe I can't fight, but I know one way I can help.

Lily went over to the pods of the other students and produced a set of vines and sent them at as many of the pods as she could. Lily planned to dig into them and rip them open to get the other students out of here and to safety.

Jake's eyes fluttered open a bit and felt like he was being healed, he saw lily send vines to the other pods, but then Jake passed out again.

With many of his limbs being immobilized, Viiper could only howl in fury, standing rigid still as the pain quickly subsided and the unnatural ink filled the wounds, contrasting with his green scales and creating a look like cracked stones. With a snarl, he turned to face the students, the diamond shaped heart in his chest pulsing with demonic energy. "You'll pay for that, mortals." he spat, raising both his tail and scythe in an attempt to slice off limbs and poison those nearest to him. Just as he began to bring the weapons down, he was slammed away by a bright comet of flames. The fire dissipated and Rio rolled across the ground with Viiper, stopping with her pinning him to the ground with her claws.

"YOu stAY AwaY fROm my STUdentS" her voice hissed, overlapping with what seemed to be another voice, hissing and breaking much like her body as the cracks continued to spread. With a hiss, Viiper raised his tail and slammed it's dagger like tip into her lower spine, causing the dragon to shriek as he hurled her off of him. The poison rapidly spread, dissolving her tail from the inside out, and the headmistress writhed on the ground until nothing was left inside the skin and scales. Then, the skin shriveled and turned black, crumbling easily like ash. Snarling, Rio pushed away the pain, roaring again in primal fury, rushing back to Viiper, punching him once, twice, both her fists exploding on contact and replaced themselves with spiked, clawed limbs made of pure fire.

Black blood dripped from Viiper's mouth, which he spat out with a chuckle. He clearly was confident in his ability to win the fight, spitting out a glob of blood his mouth opened to mock the weakened dragon. Until a whip made of fire constricted itself around his neck. Viiper choked, and gurgled, but the new, longer, whip like tail that Rio had summoned merely tightened as her flaming wings once more appeared on her back. Jumping up into the air, she then beat her wings and shot straight up through the tunnel in the ceiling, dragging Viiper behind her by the throat.

Aura watched the fight in horror, quickly she went in with her sword, slicing her sword down his back as he was pulled upwards, hoping it would make impact. She landed on the ground with a thud and then ran to Sammy. Little Sammy burst into tears as the two hugged, "Thank you" Sammy whispered to her. Aura smiled and fell to the ground, rearing in pain. She looked down at her leg and hissed at the sight of it, the wound had only worsened. Aches and nausea were all throughout her body, as well as the long cut down her leg, dripping with tar. Her vision once again grew blurry and Aura clutched at her head, groaning, she passed out. A fever broke out all over her body, the temperature abnormally high. She was in real danger just from her body temperature, let alone her wounds and the poison. She was in a sort of uneasy sleep, twitching and clutching at her stomach. Clearly, the poison had started to take affect.

"AURA!" Kevin yelled, running over to his fallen friend. Kevin didn't know what to do as he tried to wake Aura up, tapping against her unconscious face.

"I'm sorry Kevin, she's been infected. You are not gonna wake her up like that." Oliver said, trying to reason with Kevin as Candice made her way over to them.

"Don't worry. I'll take care of this. We're better off letting the staff deal with that thing." Candice said, making a decision to focus on helping the girl rather than get in the way of Rio and Sky. Candice pulled out a syringe and lifted Aura's left arm.

"This will stop the infection from spreading. Then we can get to work getting this gunk out of her system. Ollie I'll need your help." Candice said to Oliver, the AI owl gave a nod.

"Of course Ms. McKnight." Oliver said, moving next to his creator as the two went to work on Aura. Kevin stood a bit away from them, as he balled his hands into fists. Kevin was concerned over his friend...but the growing anger he felt from what Viiper had done was creating a new issue.

You sat there and let this thing hurt your friend. What kind of hero are you supposed to be?

I...I tried. There wasn't a thing I could do...

Sure there is. Let me out and I'll get out there and kill that thing. That's what you want right? To make that scum who hurt your friend pay.

What...what I want?

Yes! Now let me out, I'll kill it. I'll make it suffer. For your sake...for Aura's sake.

Candice and Oliver were busy with Aura as Kevin began to change, seeming to take the suggestion of that inner voice to heart. All Kevin had on his mind now was anger, and a desire for vengeance.

Last edited:
Laila leaped over to Sammy's side with a look of concern. Winged Britannia nodded to Clay. Then, with a flap of her wings, took off after the Headmistress. "Please don't do anything you'll regret." Laila whispered to Kevin. "It won't help anyone. Brit's going up there. I'm sure she can handle herself. Besides, you can't fly. You're grounded." Clay gave Kevin a worried glance. 'Please listen to reason.' he thought.

Kevin turned to the others who tried to reason with him, sending them a death glare as his body slowly but surely became more of that lizard monster within.

"Shut it...that thing hurt my friend...I have to make it pay!" Kevin yelled at the group...before a sinister chuckle escaped it as the other personality began to shine through.

"That's right Kevin...we have to make it pay...now drop these pesky mental restraints...let me out and I'll slaughter that fool!" Kevin, or rather the beast inside Kevin said as he began to talk with himself while he still faced Clay & Laila. Candice and Oliver looked on in concern, unable to do anything as their efforts were focused on Aura.

"Don't make me use one of my stronger abilities. It won't do either of us good. I don't care who I'm talking to at this point." Clay said. His bright green eyes seemed to glow as he returned the death glare. 'I'm starting to regret going off without Tia with me. I thought Brit would be enough. that might not be the case.' Clay thought.

"Oh how cute, you think you're a threat. Well, if you insist on getting in my way..." The beast said through Kevin's mouth, having nearly claimed Kevin's mind as the transformation was now nearly complete; a tail even being generated as it slammed against the ground. This combined with extended its sharp claws served as a warning to Clay. However, this declaration had an unexpected effect to the best...

"Wait...you said...we'd only go after...the one who hurt Aura..." Kevin said, taking momentary control back as Kevin began to shake his head, a mental battle for control having began. Kevin showed visible pain during the struggle before his eyes were focused on Laila. This caused Kevin to remember a conversation he had with Laila earlier.

Y-you know what it's like?

Yeah. The cat in me wanted me to do crazy things. Sometimes it was paranoid, saying stuff like 'So-and-so is your enemy, fight them' It was rough let me tell you.

With a look of almost pure desperation, Kevin managed to squeak out one statement to Laila.

"H...help me..."

"I'll try, but even I'm not a miracle worker. Don't let him control you. You are stronger than this kid. I don't know your friend, but if she finds out that you lost control because of her, she may never forgive herself. Fight him. For yourself, for your friend, for those you care about. If I can do it you can do it." Laila said. Clay watched in awe. Bast looked down from the hole the headmistress had made earlier. "Atta girl Laila." she whispered to herself.

Sky smiled to himself, then ran up the tunnel created by the drill, the swords dissipating as he put all of his focus on simply getting above ground, and to Rio. Eventually, the path began to level out, and he spread his arms wide as he burst into the open air, allowing himself a moment of relaxation in his natural form before turning his mind to the matter at hand. He hovered over the tunnel, and waited.

Aura...won't forgive herself?

Darn it! Darn that stupid fuzz ball! Don't listen! You need vengeance!

No...I need...to take control!

Slowly, but surely, Kevin began to take control as eventually he shifted back into his partial transformation. Kevin's clothes were stretched, a couple tears here and there, but they remained in tact this time for the most part. The voice of the best within only had time for one last comment, one deep in Kevin's subconscious.

Darn it, his will is getting stronger. I might not get his body at this pace. Fine. I'll have to resort to plan B. Enjoy your victory today Kevin, your body will be mine when it's all set and done...

The voice faded as Kevin fell to his knees and began to take a couple of deep breathes. Eventually Kevin turned to Laila with a weak smile.

"T-thank you." Kevin said as Candice, who had been keeping an eye on Kevin out of the corner of her eye, smiled at this before she refocused on stopping this infection currently in Aura's system.

Last edited:
Jake woke again to see a scene of utter chaos, he saw Aura on the ground and all he could do was feel sorrow. The poison in his system progressed more, his blood becoming more and more corrupted. The wound in his stomach still bled, while his shoulder was healed. His caratid artery started to turn black from the corruption, meaning the corruption was reaching his brain, eyes, ETC. Jake started coughing up normal blood, and as he tried to stand up he tumbled down and just fell down facedown near Aura. As his face hit the ground there was an audible 'oof'.

"What the hell happened," Ryker said getting up and rubbing his head. The last thing he remembered was Viiper's threat. He felt a large bump on his head, and it all clicked. A rock had fallen on his head knocking him out cold. "I missed the action, again!" He whined looking around at his fallen classmates.

He jogged over to Kevin, and asked him, "What happened, I got knocked out by a rock or something. What's that, twice in a row, I fall behind and you guys get into trouble."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"A lot went down while you had your little dirt nap, right now though you need to focus and help me." Lily said, having used her vines to rip the pods of the other unconscious students.

"We need to get these kids to safety. Your buddy is recovering from some mental battle and the girl, I think Aura was her name, is being treated on. So if you'd be so kind and help me." Lily said, having grabbed a couple students with her vines and made her way up the tunnel that Candice made with her drill to get them back to the school safe and sound.

"So I missed a lot," Ryker said placing a few unconscious students over his shoulders. In a minute his arms were draped in students. He boosted his legs and arms and pumped his limbs, to half jump, half climb put of the tunnel. He set them down and went back down. It would be grueling work, that he would feel tomorrow, but it had to be done.

Aura eyes fluttered and a numb feeling overtook her whole body, in a way it was worse than the pain. She was unsure of what was going on, if she was alright or... Was she dead? No, that couldn't be it, she just felt... Alive. Her memory was foggy and she couldn't member the simplest things, it would eventually Combe back to her. But for now, it left her dazed and confused.

"Take it easy, your body isn't at full strength. Just relax and let us help you. We'll have you fixed up in a flash." Candice said to Aura with a smile, her and Oliver had continued to remove the toxins from Aura's system to counter the infection. Kevin sat next to his friend, a show of support.

"Kevin I know your worried but right now you need to help the others get the other students to safety. Don't worry, Ollie and I will have Aura back to her normal self in no time flat." Candice said to Kevin, who gave a nod and went over to help pick up unconscious students from the pods to get them to safety.

"For the record, my name is Candice. Kevin's mother. Nice to meet you." Candice with with a smile as Oliver shook its mechanical head before it went back to work, much as Candice did.

Aura's eyes shot open, she sat up and tried to stand , failing miserably as she fell back down. "I- "Aura stuttered. She looked around, seeing her sword on the ground she tried to grab it, but realised she would never be able to reach it. She looked up at the woman, Kevin's mother. "W- where's Kevin?" She said, her eyes in and out of focus.

Bast jumped down and clapped. "Good job Laila. You've made a lot of progress since freshman year." The robotic Egyptian Mau then made her way over to the pods. Then she backed up a bit. Laila seemed to know what she was going to try. "Bast, don't." But Bast was already in what they had dubbed her "Tango mode". Bast gained momentum then flew at a pod. But instead of cutting through the pod, Bast bounced off of it. "You know there's easier ways to get them out, right?" Clay said. He became intangible, reached into a pod, extended his intangibility so it would affect both him and the student inside, then pulled the student out. "You know that you're the only one here who can do that, right." Bast said. Her tail flicked back and forth.

"Kevin's helping the others get the students to safety. You don't need to worry about that now. Just rest, me and Ollie will help you get back to full strength." Candice said with a soft voice, trying to discourage the girl from moving around so much. Kevin just returned to get another student when he heard Aura call for him. Kevin disregarded his job for a moment and sat beside Aura.

"I'm here. Are you okay?" Kevin asked Aura, concern clearly evident.

"Kevin she'll be fine. Now why don't you..." Oliver began to say before Candice held a hand out to shut the owl up. Candice wanted the two friends to have a moment.

"Kevin" Aura said, she hugged him and smiled softly. "Thank you, y- you saved me"

What had happened was coming back to her now, Kevin breaking her pod open and taking her to safety. "You've proved yourself a- as a true hero" She said.

Kevin was speechless. All his life, due to the beast inside, Kevin had thought himself as nothing more than a monster. Some beast that Kevin felt he could only hold back through an endless supply of medication. However, now somebody considered him something more than that. Something better than that.

Now someone had called him a hero. Something Kevin always wanted to be.

Tears were in Kevin's eyes as he hugged Aura back. These however were not ones of sorrow or regret, but rather joy. A joy Kevin had never felt before in his entire life.

"T...thank you Aura. You don't know...you don't know what being called that means to me. Thank you for everything..." Kevin managed to choke out, overcome with emotion. Candice watched with a smile on her face, as she took a moment to wipe away tears in her own eyes. Even Oliver looked on with a smile, or the closest thing it could emote to a smile.

"That, was beautiful." Bast said. Then she wailed, which was the closest the robot cat could get to crying. "For a robotic Egyptian Mau with an AI you sure can be emotional." Laila said. Clay smiled and shook his head as he pulled out another student. "I wonder how Brit's doing up there? It's been awhile." Laila said.

She hugged Kevin for a long time, before pulling away. "Go be a hero, help them" She said, looking over at the injured students.

She looked up to Candice and Oliver, "Thank you so much, without you I'd be finished"

Kevin took a moment to wipe the tears out of his eyes before he gave Aura a nod and went over to help the other students. Candice watched all this with a smile as she faced Aura.

"Don't mention it." Candice said to Aura, before she took a moment to remember a pivotal conversation she had with Kevin before he entered the school.

Something wrong Kevin? Thought you'd be excited to go to the premier hero school.

I...I am but...but what if nobody likes me?

What nonsense is that? You are a sweet kid, why wouldn't anyone like you?

What...what if they are afraid? If they find out what I am....who'd want to be friends with a monster?

Stop thinking like that. Know this, you are not a monster and never will be. I have complete faith that if you express yourself you will find those who will stand by you, those who support you. You'll find friends, I'm sure of that.

"I'm the one who should be thanking you. For so long Kevin has felt so alone, afraid of what he felt he was, and it's those like you who accepted Kevin that have allowed the hero inside to shine through. I owe you a debt I will never be able to repay. Just know I am forever grateful." Candice said to Aura, speaking from her heart.

Aura's face broke into a smile, tears streaming down her face. Tears of joy. She wiped her eyes and looked around the room, at the many injured students. She was still very weak, she wished she could help them but she knew that'd worsen her state of injury. She gasped, where was Sammy?! Looking frantically around the room, she relaxed as she saw Sammy timidly sitting behind Candice. Aura crawled over to the spot where Sammy was and smiled, hugging her. Sammy crept up onto Aura's lap, her eyes closed. The poor little thing was exhausted. Aura smiled and stroked Sammy's hair gently. Sammy had been through much more than any 7 year old, more than some people would in their entire life.

Candice let out a sigh before she stood up, turning towards Oliver who flew up to her shoulder.

"Look after Aura, I'm gonna go help the staff." Candice said much to the AI owl's confusion.

"But I thought you said..." Oliver said before Candice help out a hand to shut the owl up. Candice then gave the owl a grin.

"I know what I said, but the students seem to have everything under control here and Aura's now in recovery. As a hero, I can't just sit here while a battle for the ages is going on. Wouldn't be right if I didn't do my part." Candice explained, Oliver let out a metaphorical sigh.

"Fine, just be careful out there. That thing is not your average enemy, won't be easy to beat." Oliver said as Candice gave a nod before she pulled out a special watch from her backpack and put it on.

"Don't worry, I'm bringing the big guns. Keep an eye on Kevin, Aura and the others." Candice said as Oliver gave a nod before it flew over next to Aura. Candice jumped back in her giant drill and used it to make another hole as she made her way to the surface to aid Rio, Sky and Britannia.

Viiper gagged and struggled against Rio's tail, unable to slice something intangible yet tangible, but made of searing hot flames which burned his flesh as it got close. His neck was leaking tar, and Rio merely beat her wings with more strength in each stroke, shooting up the tunnel in a bright orange flame. Quickly, she exited into the open air at the speed of a raging comet, shooting straight up and into the twilight air, the island shrinking below the shattering dragon.

She stalled in the air, lifting her tail under and in front of her to look Viiper in the eye. With a snarl, she whipped her tail down, sending Viiper down with alarming speed right into the hard packed earth of the forest. The dirt from the crater flew into the air and the ground around him cracked from the impact, and he barely managed to open his eyes in time to see Rio come hurtling at him from the air. Her fist met the heart in his chest with a loud shatter that filled the air.

Both beings were flung through the forest from the impact, Viiper's heart severely cracked and tar oozing from all around him, and Rio's entire body was filled with glowing cracks, her mane having turned into pure flames. Rio panted, struggling to lift herself off the ground, her forearms now only compared of magic fire, burning the ground around her. Her tail was curled around her limply several times, and even her hind legs were in the same state as her arms. However, in a rare display, she trembled as she propped her body with her forearms, and couldn't lift herself anymore.

Viiper wasn't in any better shape, surrounded by tar and barely holding his body together. His green scales had dulled and darkened and overall seemed to peel off him. Yet, with a dark chuckle, he peele himself out of the tar that surrounded him, shakily standing yet holding firm. "Y-you've always... been the weaker... of the two of us..." he boasted, "Even now... with decades of buildup... you cannot... beat me." "Then... why was your body destroyed.... so easily... two hundred years ago..." Rio scoffed back with a grin. Viiper roared with fury, summing the little tar around him into a whip, raising it above his head to behead Rio there and then.

"I hate to interrupt such an interesting interaction, but you have forgotten a few things." Winged Britannia said after she had descended from the sky. "One of them is me." An emerald green blur flew in and landed next to Britannia. "Thank you, Ekininth. Something tells me we need all the help we can get." she said to the dragon who had landed beside her." The dragon glared at Viiper and snorted.

The thunderous boom that resounded throughout the forest shook Wystria from her festives. She hadn't quite caught a glimpse of whatever had cause that sound but it seemed to be coming from the academy. Though, where else would it be coming from? Without a moments hesitation Wyst began to run, she hadn't the slightest clue of what awaited her, but she didn't really care. ANYTHING was better than spending another 5 hrs cleaning up the forests. As she made her way though the forestry a frightning revelation hit her like a ton of bricks; Just as thunder accompanies lightning, A large mess usually accompanies large noises. As despair slid its grimy fingers across her neck she shifted from running, into a full blown sprint. Determination fulled her muscles, she would reduce her future workload even if only be a little.

Candice heard the carnage a distance away and let out a grin. Taking a moment to press the button on her watch Candice took a moment to wait for something. That something, a mecha suit hidden in the nearby ocean, appeared above the sea and soon flew itself at Candice's location. Candice took a moment to admire it: 10 feet tall with humanoid limbs and a spherical center. A large, bullet proof window served as the covering for the front of the body. The rest of it was covered in bright white metallic armor. Candice soon entered the mecha suit and activated the main controls; using the jets at the mecha's feet to take off in the air and flew towards the scene of the main battle. Candice's normally happy go lucky nature faded as she had a look of pure determination, only one thought ran through her head...

I just hope I'm not too late...

Aura went to stand up, conjuring her sword. "I need to help" She croaked. Sammy grabbed Aura's sword off her, which was quite easy giving how weak Aura was. "You will do no such thing, you need to recover" Sammy said, putting on the most parent like voice. Aura gave a faint laugh and smiled, "You're just like Nana" She croaked.

"You should listen to your sister, you need to rest." Kevin said, having returned from delivering another student to safety and just heard what Aura had to say and knew he had to try and discourage Aura from pushing herself. After everything Aura had been through, to still want to help was quite admirable. However, Aura would only put herself in danger in her current condition and Kevin was not gonna let that happen.

Aura smiled and eventually gave up. "Alright alright, but don't tell me that if something like this happens again" Aura said, "Because if that happens I will be fighting and there is nothing you can do about it"

Sammy laughed and rolled her eyes, "Of course Rory, nobody will stop you IF there's a next time"

Sky's hand thrust forwards, and the whip dropped to the ground and dissipated. "Viiper, really. You should know better than to do something like that up here. But then again, you haven't met me." His twin blades formed back into his hands, and he began to advance towards the lump of tar. "I normally don't do things this dramatically, but I guess I can make an exception," he remarked, just before swinging them both towards the head of the monster, a small whirlwind keeping him in place

"Kev, I'm gonna go fight. You in," Ryker said sliding to a halt beside Kevin, Aura, and Sammy. "Or are you gonna stay with the girls. You've had quite a day, and I missed my chance earlier. "

Ryker was coated in a layer of sweat from carrying students and the majority of them were in the clear. He cracked his knuckles and added, "I've been dying to punch something all day."

Kevin gave a look of surprise to Ryker.

"I don't think that's a good idea. I mean, you could get killed. That thing is above our level." Kevin said. Truthfully, if Kevin allowed the beast to take over, Kevin felt he might give Viiper a fight. However, that wasn't an option and as he was in his present form, he'd only be an annoying distraction. Maybe getting a lucky acid shot in. Kevin admittedly didn't know the full strength of Ryker, but he didn't want his friend to gamble his life when so many others already are taking the fight to the monster.

Ryker gave a smirk. "Maybe I want it to be beyond my level. If I fight people who are stronger than me, I'll eventually reach that level. I admit it. I haven't been able to help much, on the last few encounters with this guy on his minions or whatever. But I need to knock this guy down. I'll be fine. So don't worry about me. I've faced bigger differences in strength. I can add some support." And with that he gave a mock salute and ran in the direction Viiper. He took off his jacket, and tossed it near Kevin's feet, and ran into the tunnel.

There he saw a damaged Rio, and an equally damaged Viiper. He saw Sky atrack and couldn't help but grin.

Rose for one, was very upset with the whole situation. She felt like a major let down for failing to help defeat this horrendous monster,"Maybe father was right..............i am a complete let down when it comes to being a hero......" and with that Rose`s eyes flashed a deep painfully searing heartbroken blue and she barked signaling her companions to follow her out of here not really caring about the outcome of the school as of now since how she had nothing to fight for either. Rose and her companions took off at a blinding fast speed and were out of the hole in seconds and by the gates deciding on what to do next.