• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Cinders' Spazzes

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, I figured my old topic's rather... old, and I have a ton of stuff to post (when I've cleaned it up a bit) which I scanned in the other day. To kick things off, here's a quick sketch I drew a few minutes ago.

Pegasus.png

I've also got a dA account y'all can check if you want. :p

Please comment, I need all the help I can get ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Is the original picture bigger? Because if not, that's a very tiny and detailed Pegasus o.o

This is actually a pretty nice scene, and the coloring did it great justice. Did you design that BG or did you impose your picture over a pre-existing BG?

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
It's a very tiny and detailed Pegasus. :p Had to go close up with a one-pixel brush with varying opacity :p

The BG is of my own making, and took the longest, since I originally wanted a sunset sort of pic. But it didn't go with how I'd done the clouds, so I made that one instead :p

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, since I'm lazy, here's a shot of a larger pic... With prettiful line art. :p

Damien_Lineart.png

The tattoo on his face translates as "Hail the almighty son of two separate Deaths. Victory". Yeah, pretty random unless you know the full storyline... Which I'm too lazy to tell. :p His name's Damien (no relation to the Scotsman), and he grew up around Stephen, who I drew previously... Check the Gallery for his pic. :p

Anyway, yes, yes, I know I said I had a few more coming, but I haven't had the time to clean up the lineart yet...

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Damien2Final.png

Zomg, another post in a row? Yeah, it's because you lot are being evil and not commenting. *glowers*

Coloured piece of the lineart above, took about 10 hours in all. The hair and cloak would be my favourite parts. ^^ Please comment, I appreciate it as much as everyone else...

The only constructive critizism I can give is the head looks a little tall...like he has a beehive hair do or something but other than that....ITS REALLY GOOD/COOL/INSERT OTHER POSSIVE COMMENT?

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, people (by which I mean my sister...) keep telling me I drew the head too big. Ah well, too late now. :p

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I haven't got my hands on a scanner yet, mainly because we've just got a new one and it's not set up on my compy yet. So quit complaining, you'll get it eventually.

In other news, I've been sketching randomly for a while, usually spurred by Katie or Stel. Here are the results. Enjoy. ^^

Wolfie_by_profcinders.jpg

Because Katie likey the wolfies.

Gallade___wtf_by_profcinders.jpg

Because Gallade has a frigging miniskirt and I only just realised...

Happy_Charms_Day_by_profcinders.jpg

Because it's Charms Day, and I can't draw 'Chus for toffee. (Well, maybe for toffee. But not for much else. :p)

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Sssh. Nobody knows that. >

Ok, with all these trainer cards getting more and more popular, I decided to have a go - but not with the maker on the main site. Oh, no. I wanted a challenge. Plus Katie mentioned making some badges for KI... Of course, KI has 11 badges in total, so it wouldn't be your usual trainer card. Well, before I start rambling even more, here's what I got:

A_Trainer_Card_for_DP_by_profcinders.png

Of course, I went a bit mad with the pokemon, since I wanted a more unique feel to it. However, if anyone else wants a KI trainer card, all you have to do is ask, and send me a suitable trainer you want on it. ^^ (I could probably whip up a few more backgrounds too, if you want)

Just a thought ((ignore if you want)) if you put the words Kyak Islands behind the badges, they'll be easier to see... again, just a thought

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I know, but I'd put the badges and the background on the same layer, and I really couldn't be bothered to switch that round. I will if anyone wants me to make a similar one, but until then, it's going to stay like that.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Accident_in_the_Air_by_profcinders.png

I finished this yesterday. It's inspired by a few chapters of Tsubasa Chronicles, which are my favourite chapters so far. ^^" The background was done in Painter 9, while the dude was done in Paintshop Pro 9. Took the whole day, or close to it. Please comment. ^^

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the background by itself can be found on my dA account (link in the first post).

They are all nicely done =] ^_^ I would never have that good skills >_>
But i am learning how to do signature banners. With text and stuff. ^_^

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
*revives dead topic because I don't want to make a new one*

Zomg, new artness. Remember Damien? Well, I got bored of the tall head.

Noonlit_Sky_by_profcinders.png

This is scarily much like I see him in my mind (I say scarily, because I can hardly ever draw them how I picture them ^^"), minus tattoo. 'Twas done completely in Painter 9.5, with the handy dandy mechanical pencil 1 which I use for most of my lineart now, and charcoal for colouring, since I wanted to try something new. Hope y'all like it ^^

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Hokay, you lot really don't like commenting here, huh? :( Well, another sketch coming. The background's rubbish, but meh. Click for a larger version.

Oh yeah, and it's Damien again. ^^"

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Those wings are winsome.
And the background isn't as cack as you make it sound.
Impressed?
I am. Very.

And for Damien
I like it. He looked very moody, though.
I love you you got his muscles shown through the vest top, though.
Very nice touch there.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
NoobWarning.jpg

Because there were so many on the chat today, it was insane.

Coming up: A sketch of 2 yr old Damien and his family (if I can get one of my friend's permission to draw her character >>")
More killing of the noobs
Some chibis?

I love your art. You spend so much time on it! And I'm glad your detailed. Nice, colorful, pretty pictures. Although, for the head that's 'too big', I used to do that too >_>;;;;;;;;

And it's hard to make it smaller. It looks so scary... BUT I DID IT

And the chat doesn't work for me. I can't get on a channel o_O

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
*trumpet fanfare*

Speed paint, to get back into practice after the holidays.

Northern_Lights_by_profcinders.jpg

And yes, the northern lights are the wrong colour. Screw you. >=O

Nice Prof. I just love the shading and colour choice, especially the ones you used for the water. The Northern Lights look great in the Picture, even if they're the wrong colour. It looks so realistic. Nice job.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I really like the Damien sketch. I love the hair, cloak and wings.

It reminds me of some of the stuff I saw while running through the Modern Art Museum in Brussels (almost literally - we spent way too long in the "Ancient" Art part and only had 20 minutes to look at the modern stuff - annoying, as I greatly prefer it), particularly Matisse. Next year they're opening a huge gallery of Matisse in that museum so we'll be going back to visit it ;D.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, I've ventured into the world of tutorials. This is the first in a series, starting with how to draw eyes manga style. ^^

Tutorial___Eyes_by_profcinders.png

EDIT: Oh yes. PEOPLE. I do not ban members for replying here, just because it's my topic and I'm an admin. I don't rule that much to not need the comments of the community, even if they say stuff like "Hokay, I spotted something a little wrong in that pic. You could do -this- to fix it, though." Everyone appreciates help, everyone appreciates lovely people saying how lovely art is even if it's not the greatest on the planet (because it seriously isn't >>"). In summary, please comment. ^^

-comments-

I luffles how Chi-san actually has some sort of...erm...organization in how she does her eyes.

Me, my eyes just spawn themselves in the middle of nowhere, and when all is said and the picture is drawn, I end up having to go back and fix them.

xD

Your drawing style ish so serious and smexy-ful, I can't compare mine to yours, really. All my characters, even the serious ones, look like plushies or something.

-notes that her eyes have no PUPILS in them, unless they are shocked or angry-

-also notes that her eyes couldn't be considered realistic at all, unlike CHi's-

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Eyes don't have to have pupils... Just something that resembles pupils, like a dark space in the middle - which yours do have. :p As I said, they don't have to be black.

EDIT: Yes, yes, I like drawing atm. Keeps my mind off of school. >>"

Into_the_Distance_by_profcinders.png

You can blame Alex for this one.