• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Charmuraji -RX's almost-live picture show-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dani.jpg

ehhhh I dunno. Yet another attempt at a fake screenshot.​

Well, I think it could definitely pass off as a real screenshot! I just have one question, how do you do such nice line art? I'm always having troubles with that...

It always helps to have a rough sketch to act as a guide. And if you want really clean lines, you'd have to magnify your work to great lengths to make sure the lineart is as crisp as possible. Though it would really just be easier to have a more advanced pen tablet.

Ahh, mmk! I usually use traditional inking methods, like the ink pens. They are a godsend to me. I'm still practicing with a tablet, but I will try it out! :)

If I didn't know better, I would say this came from the anime, a character of the day or something. This is almost exactly in the anime style, if not totally.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That's a really interesting image. Very intrinsic. I love how detailed the legs are.

But I gotta admit that while watching the video I was hit with a very, very strong "WTF, RX?! XD" reaction. Sem experienced this first-hand over Skype. XD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Well, no sleep for me tonight x__x

Awesome artwork, and very creepy~

Ruiconcept.jpg

Wheeeee~Digimon RP! I've always wanted to make a gender ambiguous male character, but I didn't want to make him an outright bishie. He's still far from the final concept, but here're some of the concept sketches for my OC, Rui Azumaya.

DGbustocncept.jpg

bonus sketch: My first impressions of some of the RP's cast.
Left to right: Soo-Min (Jen's PC) Rui (My PC) Aiko (Chad's PC) Alluance (Kal's PC) Tyson (Blazi's PC) and Renata (Carmen's PC)​

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Of your first sketch, I personally like the darker hair colored scheme better (upper right character). The hair style in general appeals to me more than the other sketch. Also, Gaomon is love. You draw Gaomon adorably, not that I'm surprised. ♥

Nice detail with that other line-up of sketches, too. :)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Your OC with the brown hair and red eyes reminds me of Rolo Lamperouge for some reason XD

Yours and the other OCs so far are amazing! I can't wait to see your impression of mine once I have a design for him :x

RX! As always your arts are teh sex. I like the darker haired version of Rui, but not for any particular reason; I think they both look great, and my preference comes mostly from the style of jacket that he's wearing in the darker hair image XD

As for the lineup of your impressions? Fffffffffffffffffffffff-- I love them XD They all look magnificent, and their expressions look perfect (at least the way that I was imagining the characters, can't speak for the other RPers >>)

Of course, I have to make a specific comment on Aiko: She is drawn so badass, and her hairstyle is perfect; the exact style I was/am planning to give her in the RP :3 and everything else is just so <33333

It's basically Pokemon in a nutshell, eh? Also, I forgot to comment about the Digimon RP pics earlier, but it is fucking awesome. Definitely loving Alluance and Tyson ♥ (Soo Min is adorable, too. So moe D8 !)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
RX... just... I love you man.

Priceless. XD

(I totally strained my eyes to read every single word in the BG of that final panel)

I love the RP pics, and I also love the summary of Pokemon XD I wish you could've included phrases from the rivals, but this is still priceless none the less XD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"DRIVING ALL THE ELECTRIC TYPES OUT OF BUSINESS BY BEING THE SERIES MASCOT?"
"... Pika?"
"... I'm sorry, what'd we say? We don't know, we're just SOOOOOOOOO tired!"

... Perfect match to the Hiimdaisy style there XDDD

Gosh. I feel like I don't even have to watch the series anymore. *is shot* Okay, I still will! XD

The Team Rocket wiggly arm thing reminds me of Adventure Time. Where did it originate, however?

The comic is a parody of another comic parody xD Liiiinnnnkk~

As for the wiggly arm joke...I dunno, I actually see that in all sorts of cartoons and anime, so its hard to say where it originated from. I guess ti means that someone is doing something silly?

OHGODWUT.png

OH GOD BIANCA RUN HE IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU D8

Also I love this style so much, Imma work it into my own drawing methods from now on xD​

Don't tell her that! You know that she's going to eat it! D:<

Anyway, I do like this new style indeed. I hope to see it in some other comedic threads.

I don't know how Ash puts up with all of that for over ten years, but somehow he has. I respect him deeply for that!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
RX, have I told you lately that I love you? [/song lyrics] Cuz I do. Not only are you an amazing artists, but you strips about the anime are just so damned funny. XD And really, it had to be assumed that there would be furries in the Pokemon Anime world (I mean they're in the games, after all. >>).

Also, I love your new sig. XP (Moar GG?! :V)

That reminds me of the Pedobear references I see on the internet. Perhaps the Pokemon universe has Pedohog/Pedowatch.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
KYAAAAA DOES THIS MEAN GG'S GONNA BE BACK SOON!? :DDDDD

Anyways, Delan is sooooo adorable in that furry little coat/jacket of his, I wub it and wants it for meselfs. :'D And his partners' sort-of martial artsie top with scarf and picnicking-esque outfitn or w/e are adorables too~

... But who are the peoples behind them? I-I think I see a Marshtomp... Pheo, maybe? Oh gosh QUIT MAKING ME WAIT ALREADY T.T

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
W-what is this?! Why does it look like there is a human boy in there? D: And is that a girl by Pheo!?
[me=Sir Red]has an emotional breakdown over this[/me]

But seriously, why must you but us through so much suspense for the possible return of GG? Sir, you are much too talented. Also, I too love their clothes. :3 That's probably one of your best abilities, designing awesome clothing. : D (Also, lololol Eevee standing up XP)

Yeah... not gonna lie... totally let out a little squee of excitement right there. You already know how much I love this. I wait semi-patiently for the next installment to finally appear. ^^

RX~ I wanna see new GG so bad! I love the artwork that you've done, as always, but when I saw it I was instantly more preoccupied with the fact that the next chapter may be coming soon and I was, like, stupidly excited. Don't judge me ;_;

Keep up the sexiness that is your art~ ♥

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
[me=Sir Red]spazzes out over this[/me]

But seriously, I love that picture so freaking much. Everything about it is just so awesome. I love the armor and the detail on it; the design of the shield is awesome too. :> And the little knee pads (which for some reason now make me think of TMNT XP). Also, I was still only courting Lampent at the time of this event. :x

I don't believe I've ever seen a Dragonite look more frightening then that one. :0 That is certainly not a Barney stand-in, that's for sure. XD

P.S.: <3333333333333

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Warrior Wartortle is one of the best things ever.

Agreed about the Draggy, too. It's pretty badass for a Dragonite. XD
What's with the poor wittle Pokemon clutched in its fist? =o

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Linkachu said:
What's with the poor wittle Pokemon clutched in its fist? =o

Yes, it is a Lampent, because my wife is Chandelure. Because, according to RX, before she was Queen Chandelure, she was Princess Lampent. XP

Sorry but your princess is in another castle
ahem

I don't have much to say other than what everybody else has already said. That is one awesome dragonite, the snarl, the eyes, and especially the wings make him more like the dragon he deserves to be. The detail on Warrior Wartortle is awesome too, I like how his shield looks exactly like his shell, makes me wonder if he still has his shell on under the armor.

Excellent work yet again RX, I'm certainly hoping for more art soon, something that ties into this one would be really cool though.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
... I somehow knew that Red was going to comment first. XD

But seriously, I don't have anything to add because everyone took my words out of my mouth. :'D Another amazing work, RX~

As usual I completely love it, RX. The details on the armor are stunning as everyone else has pointed out, and the Dragonite is actually looking cool. You know, instead of it's usual DERPY self.

I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said. Keep up the awesomeness that is your sexy art :3

Status
Not open for further replies.