• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

Kathren gave Renz a teasing look. "I didn't know you were a gentleman!" She teased. She then looked at Maker and said, "Thank you, both of you." When Kathren smelled the cigarette smoke, she began to cough. Her asthma wasn't bad, in fact, she could do just about anything without it acting up. The only thing that triggered it was cigars and cigarettes. She covered her nose and mouth with her hand to act as some sort of filter.

“I’ve always had manners... but I’ve normally had no opportunity to show them. Especially when we’re on the run...”

He paused for a moment before continuing.

“And the attire helps.”

He looked towards the... well, Golden dance hall is what he would term it. It would be just like the Boogers to set up something like this... but at this point Renz was convinced that they weren’t behind this. His best guess was that they had been Hypnotized... possibly by Spinda!

Azumi smiled at Kathern. "Just give me your heels." She looked over at Whiton. "Turn those cigarettes off." She gave them a mean stare.

The boogers who were smoking shrugged and turned of the cigarettes on the ground. "We aren't in position to argue." Whiton said with a shrug.

Maker walked proudly. She felt good in her new outfit. "Come Gaeboo! Or is it that you can't dance?" She said teasing. She looked over at the rest. "This fills like some sort of graduation party."

If she wasn't covering her mouth with her hand, she would of flashed Renz a smile. Instead, she gave Renz a nod and hoped that wouldn't be taken the wrong way. She heard what the Boogers, well very little, have done. They didn't seem like the type to do that anymore unless they were good actors. She had her memory go back to when she was trying to recover her journal. He was pretty persistent on keeping her out or was that so then they could deal with fewer people. She decided not to ponder on it.
Glad that Azumi stepped in, Kathren removed her hand from her mouth and went to one foot to remove the shoes. She struggled to keep her balance and kept on hopping back to keep herself from falling. She eventually fell backward from her hopeless struggle. "I'm good," she muttered as she removed her heels and went to bare feet, which she found much more comfortable.

Renz held out his hand to help her up.

“You know you could’ve grabbed me to help keep balance...”

He was slightly amused. He felt that Kathy had always been very independent, and he liked that about her. But it could get her into trouble... but then again, it had saved her from being poisoned...

"If I felt like dancing, I could, I'm not in the mood for that right now though. Right now, I need some time to think and plan, without a plan, you're going to try something stupid and get killed. You can't avoid everything forever, and you need to be ready for anything instead of trying to find a way out of it. If you try to dig yourself out of a hole, you will only make the hole bigger. So I'm not trying to find a way out of this by simply doing what anyone would, I'm using well thought out plans before I do anything. How do you think I've survived so long on my own?"

He just kept walking until he reached the hall, leaning against the outside of it. He pet Waffle's head while he waited for the rest of the group.

She looked at Renz and had a smiled. "Didn't want to be rude. Besides, when did you start protecting others?" She asked as she took his hand. She chuckled at all the times she had to protect Renz due to his team, which stayed the same, but his Pokemon sure did grow.

Renz shrugged as he helped her to her feet.

“I’ve always done what I can for my friends. I help out where I can.”

He always felt ill equipped around Kathren. He didn’t carry towels or anything that could be used to brush off the dress. In fact, about all he ever carried was food for himself and his Pokémon, some Pokémon items, miscellaneous other items and a blanket. Most trainers carried tents, but he usually found that unnecessary.

Last edited:
Azumi took the heels off and gave them back to Kathern. "I wouldn't trust this place so much as to walk bare footed." Azumi caught up to Gaeboo. "I appreciate you staying focus. Some of us are too tired and some of us are too..." She looked at her sister, who was smiling and moving her head to the rythum of the music coming from the ballroom. "... Some are too distracted."

Maker reached for the grand door of the ballroom. But, it was opened by someone else. It was a man, dressed like a butler but he had no face. No eyes, no mouth, no nose or eyebrows. Maker took a few steps back. "What the hell!?"

Azumi stopped walking and looked at the faceless butler. "What is that?"

Bob stopped the boogers from advancing. "Something is up."

The faceless man stood still. He moved his head as if looking at everyone and then bowed. "Welcome. We've been expecting you."

Kathren opened her mouth in fear, letting out a silent scream. "He's faceless," she whispered to Renz. Of course, he knew that! It could be seen by all of them! She just didn't like people without faces. The faceless statues always creeped her out, though she could easily walk past them and ignore them. This was impossible to ignore.

“C’mon. It’s creepy, but it’s better than a shredder.”

He said the first part out loud, then sunk his voice to a whisper.

“Just imagine drawing a silly face on there with a marker.”

He actually chuckled as he thought about it. This Butler was creepy, but Renz had faced worse.

"Yeah, your right," she replied. She then put an imaginary face on the faceless man. She placed her hand under her chin in a thinking position to hide her laughter. However, her body still shook with the contained laughter. She patted Renz on the back, a bit hard, almost like a light-hearted slap, and asked, "Are you trying to make me smile?"

“Am I?”

He grinned as he rubbed his back where she hit him.

“You still pack a punch...”

He teased. He looked over to where the butler was and began walking in that direction before she could hit him again.

The faceless man took a small towel from his pocket and cleaned his face. "Very amusing. Now please, come in."

Maker looked creeped out. She signaled for her Rapidash to follow. She walked past the weird butler, and looked inside. The ballroom looked bigger inside than the outside. It had a large dance hall in the center. Beautiful stairways to a second floor that had a look out to the dance floor on the first. The windows and mirrors looked spotless as well as the many chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Her eyes brightened at the site of such building. But, her amazement soon disappeared as she saw many butlers and maids standing by the walls, they were all missing their faces.

Azumi looked around as she entered the ballroom. The music was very nice and elegant, it looked beautiful, except for the faceless staff. "What is the point of all this?" She thought out loud.
One of the maids nearby answered. "You need to rest after the trauma from before."
Azumi looked at the maid. "What do you know about that?"
The maid nodded. "Remember to smile."
Azumi gave her a weird look and continued inside.

Two butlers took Redton from the boogers and walked away with him.
"Well... Let's hope those dance classes paid off." Whiton said as he walked in.
"Like if any of these girls would dance with you." Blacton said with a laugh.
Whiton shrugged. "You never know. Besides I don't see anyone getting near Maker."
Bob laughed. "Yeah, be like 'hey want me to break your toes with my terrible dancing?' she will fall for that."

Kathren saw Renz walking off. "Hey, wait!" she said as she ran after him, "It was only meant to be a playful pat!" She liked to be next to Renz. He was a comforting presence. She made it back up to him. "Maybe we should stay near each other, just because of the warning," she suggested with a smile.

"I-I think I want to go back to the field," Kathren muttered to the point only Renz could hear. She stood slightly behind him, losing all of her confidence and becoming into the timid trainer she was when she first started. Well, she wasn't really timid, just scared of new things. Like now. Maybe she never really changed, just became more used to everything. Aurora now stood next to her and Candle popped out to take a look at what was going on. The lamp didn't like all the faceless people.

Even after looking that first butler straight in the face, Gaeboo kinda just... stayed calm. While everyone went in, he stayed outside to make sure nothing was going to come at them. That, and he really didn't like any scenario out in front of several others, like dancing. On the bright side, he got to check on all of his Pokemon, starting with Waffle, since she was already out.

"Hey, girl... you okay? I bet all those battles have put a dent in you... let's fix you up. There there... it's just a berry or two... it'll fix you right up."

Waffle puffed up her cheeks at the idea of having to drink that concoction he had made for her. He's not exactly the best cook, in her opinion. She drank it nonetheless, she was already hurting some from previous battles. She immediately spit it out because of how bad it tasted.

"Waffle... that's not very nice of you. Especially since I worked so hard to make medicine just for you guys."

Michael and Jodi arrived at the ballroom, with high hopes. Which were immediately crushed by the faceless butler and his faceless... coworkers? Their eyes widened at the sight of those monstrosities. "Well, this is weird... Anyway, we should dance!" Michael said with an excited look in his beautiful, gorgeous, irresistible blue eyes. (His words, not mine.) "It's not like the trap part will start right away, right?"
"Um, I still don't know about this." Jodi said with a concerned look. She dropped her voice to a whisper and continued. "These people freak me out. I'm not sure I want to dance with them around. Maybe I'll join if there is a good chunk of us on the dance floor." Michael nodded with a sigh and looked at the others with a hopeful look in his royal blue eyes.

A door was opened and a man stepped out. He was pretty tall compared to the trainers. He had a completely black outfit, with long black hair and a nicely trimmed padlock beard. His eyes were dark black and he had a clam expression on his face. He gave the idea of a man who had lived many years but his face made him look like in his late 20's. His skin was well taken care off and had a nice pale glow to it. He walked with his back straight and with dignity and honor. He walked up to the group and saluted them with an old English accent, similar to Azumi's, but stronger. "Good evening and welcome."

The new arrival examined everyone. He even seemed to be able to see Gaeboo, who was outside. "I see some familiar faces and some new ones."

Azumi stepped up and spoke. "Are you the one responsible for all of this?"

The man seemed slightly shocked, but his face barley expressed it. "Well for this..." He pointed around as if showing the ballroom. "Yes. For the walls, no. I was the one who saved you. But, please, we can discuss this later. I prepared this for you, enjoy it. There is food, music and rooms to sleep if you need it. Even medical attention for Eli and Redton." He cleared his throat. "My name is Count Naves. I understand you might have too many questions, feel free to ask. But I suggest you enjoy yourselves first."

Maker stepped up in front of him. "You said something about medical attention?"

Count Naves nodded in agreement. "Yes. Butler! Please take Ms. Towers and Eli to the medic room. Make sure to check her fingers."

The butler nodded and guided Maker and her Rapidash, with Eli on it, away.

"How do you know us?" Kathren asked, still standing close to Renz. Candle was behind her and Aurora was right next to her. Kathren didn't like this place. Well, she didn't like any big castles. She didn't exactly trust this Count Naves, or anyone new for that matter. The group seemed to be alright, but this new face put her back on edge.

Michael and Jodi looked around in awe around the beautiful golden ballroom. But alas, their gazes shifted to the new arrival, a man who actually had a face, unlike his... servants? The two of them looked puzzled at the man, trying to understand what was with him. They listened to his speech/explanation thingy, whilst slowly nodding. "Count Naves, eh? He seems like some sort of wizard in disguise who is trying to earn our trust before murdering us in our sleep..." Michael debated, trying to put his finger on what seemed odd about the man. Jodi quietly stood next to him, too weirded out to speak. After a minute of thinking, Michael raised his hand. "I have a question, Count Naves. Why are all the butlers and maids faceless?" He asked, cautious not to anger the man who apparently saved them. But, it seems that Kathren might just do that with her rather upfront question.

Last edited:
Count Naves sighed. "It is ever so difficult to make a face for every single one. Since I am the only one here, I figured it wasn't necessary. I have gotten so used to them, I feel like I can see their faces." He looked around at his servants. "But, if I had more time to prepare I would have added faces to them. Maybe next time." He said with a smile. He turned his attention to Kathern. "Miss Kathern, regarding your question, I informed myself as much as I could when I saw you arrive here. You would be surprise how much this so called team Galactic has information on you." He signaled with their arm to go in. "Now please, I know some of you are hungry and tired. How about we discuss everything over dinner?"

Azumi looked around. "I don't see any diner. Just this ballroom."

The count snapped his fingers. In the middle of the dance floor, a large wooden table appeared, with many chairs available. From the roof came down a giant chandelier, decorated with crystals. Count Naves smiled. "I will have the butlers prepare us supper. What would you all prefer?"

Kathren, still not trusting the Count, stepped back and held her hands up. "I'm good, thanks," she answered. She wasn't going to eat food made by faceless people, that was just as bad as eating food made by Spindas. She was ready for Count Naves to get mad at her and send his faceless people to attack her. That's what happened last time she entered a castle. Before she even met this group.

The count sighed disappointed. "Well after all you have been through, I don't blame you. If you change your mind, then you are welcome to request food anytime." He smiled. He turned to the rest. "Well if anyone else wants to join, please feel free to do so. I'm afraid the gardens are beautiful, but only that. Not much to do out there." He bowed to excuse himself. He turned and walked directly to a wall. Before he ran into it, the wall turned into an opened door and inside there was a study room, filled with books. He walked in and the door closed behind him.

Azumi was to impressed to say anything that she didn't ask anything, but she had paid attention to every word he said. "That is an interesting person. I need to talk to him as soon as I get the chance." She turned to the rest of the group. "If you all want to join Gaeboo and Kathern outside, go ahead. I'm staying here and looking around." She turned around and began walking around the ballroom.

Maker returned with a silly smile on her face. "The medical room had a butler with a little doctor hat. It was adorable." She looked at Michael. "So are we going to dance or what? Though I could use a meal ..."

Jodi listened to the count carefully, nodding along with his words. When he finally left the room, she sighed with relief. "Finally, I can breathe again. I was so worried about what that guy could do to us that I forgot how relaxing this music is." She said with a weak smile. Michael grinned and pat her back. He looked at Maker and nodded. "That can wait. Hunger comes first. I should know that." He said, his smile growing. He looked around the golden ballroom, taking in its beauty.

Renz had similar worries to Kathren’s. He was not comfortable in anything resembling a castle, not after what happened in the first one. And he didn’t trust food from castles either. Purpelda was responsible for that.

He turned to look at Kathren and shrugged.
“Whaddaya say? Stick around, or go outside?”

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Meanwhile, while the others were completely taken by the change of surroundings, Adolphian and Vypyskha had no real idea what was going on, as thanks to Lady, Adolphian was completely hypnotized to feel the same emotions that Vypyskha felt towards him, which was being utterly in love. They held each other in a loving embrace, hugging each-other outside in a way that was extremely cute, especially to see Adolphian happy and truly caring about someone, even if it wasn't true, and was thanks to hypnosis, there was at least a part of him inside who wanted this. They sat outside the castle, while BlitzKriegler sat nearby, glaring jealously at Vypyskha, while Raze(Vypyskha's Haxorus) kept guard in case someone were to choose to cause them harm, enjoying seeing his master receiving affection from the man she wanted to love since she got to know him years ago... However, this love would not last, as BlitzKriegler seemed to be unable to take any more of it, and with a loud roar of rage and a cloak of electricity, ran into the castle, in hope that she found someone to break apart the two lovers, as she felt that she was the only one allowed to show Adolphian affection. Poor Luxray, jealousy was maddening, especially for her.

“Well, if you recall, he asked us to bow down and worship him... this guy just invited us to dinner. But I have some granola bars, if you want some.”

He thought back to the first time they saw Possibilit, the Spinda King and Leader of the Spinda Army. That... person... was pure evil. He began to get angry. There were so many terrible things done at the Spinda King’s command. Just then the Luxray burst in. He tried to cover Kathy from anything flying their direction.

Maker was about to ask Michael and Jodi to follow her to go eat, when the Luxray ran in. "Woa who let this young fellow in?" She walked outside and saw Adolph and the lady doctor (her name is difficult, sorry.) "Hey! I know you can't control yourself! But at least control your Pokemon!"

Azumi was unaware of the situation. She had found a library, that had many books. She was looking through them, it was like a paradise to her.

"... I don't want to see that, so I'm just gonna... get out of here. C'mon, Waffle, it's time you got inside and ate, but I expect you to take your medicine when we're inside. That way, if you spit it out inside, you'll have to clean it up. Hop to it, girl."

He slipped through the crack of the slightly open door, pushing it more for Waffle, who did not look happy. Once inside, he tried giving the medicine to Waffle once more, but she just begrudgingly turned her head away from it each time.

"I swear, it's like you've only just hatched out of that egg today. And it's been 8 years since then. If I have to take out the bottle again, I'm not going to be happy with you, missy."

She blew a raspberry at him, then proceeded to surf behind Michael. Such a drama queen.

Renz began chewing on a granola bar. This particular one had chocolate and dried Pecha berries. It wasn’t his favorite, but it was still good. He gazed around the room. He couldn’t tell if the faceless servants were watching them because... well, they didn’t have eyes.

Maker watched Kathern and Renz eat. "Well I am not going to waste free good. If I die of poisoning, you two are welcome to say 'I told you so' at my grave, until then, yummy for my tummy!" She began walking towards the table.

Whiton turned back to the others. "If you would excuse me, I have a dinner date." He said with a smile. He walked up quickly to Maker. "Mind if I join you?"

Maker gave him an odd look. "Suit yourself, it's for everyone, wether you join me or not." She turned her attention back to the table. She was about to sit down when Whiton pulled her chair for her and signaled for her to sit down. Maker didn't like this. "What are you doing? Get away before I break my fingers on your face!" She snapped at him.

Whiton smiled. "Just being polite. Might as well make the best of it right? That is what you are doing, isn't it?" He looked around.

Maker twisted her mouth and sat down. "Whatever, just don't bother me." She said as Whiton sat next to her. A faceless butler gave them both an electronic menu. Maker searched tacos on it, and they were available. "Barbacoa?" She said in a weird accent. "Sounds nice!" She said as she selected them and a drink. The servent took the menus and left, disappearing into a wall.

Azumi sat on an armchair while reading a book. She was really into it, she hadn't noticed the Count had walked in and was reading one on the armchair across her also.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
The Luxray seemed unaware of the situation the group was in, and for the moment, only cared for her master, and trainer, for if it wasn't for Adolphian, she might not be alive. She gave a sad smile at Kathrin, and gave a look outside, seeming concerned. A glitchy tone came from her voice as she attempted to use her brain translator, which allowed her to speak English, for the time being. "Yes, Adolphian is my trainer. Unfortunately, while I dearly love him, and would do anything for him, he has cast aside my love, and is instead showing affection to another person, affection he should be giving me! How dare he, after neglecting since his research has uncovered something, instead of showing US love and care when he has a proper chance to, shows it to someone he hasn't seen in a year! I thought he didn't even love her!" She spoke with both anger and sadness directed at her trainer, her words meant for the entire group to hear. Meanwhile, Adolph did not even seem to hear anything that was going on, his hypnosis too strong, meanwhile, Vypyskha simply gave an evil smile and a menacing chuckle.

Last edited: