• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

Lucian lead the way through the grey-stoned tunnel, picking up Galactic plans and documents off of the tables as he passed them.
"There's a wealth of evidence here" he told everyone. "Our first priority is to escape, of course; but do pick up anything that looks important, along the way..."

As the group continued forward they, surprisingly, didn't run into any more grunts. Eventually they came to dead-end, which was especially confusing considering that the fleeing grunts were nowhere to be seen...

"Wait a minute... if this is a dead-end, then where did all those grunts go? and where are we supposed to go?" Ray was perplexed... "Is there another teleporter nearby? Or..." he was at a loss for ideas.
June, on the other hand, appeared to have a very discerning eye, and noticed something ajar about the wall before them...
"Skuntank, use Strength" she commanded. The skunk pokemon charged toward the wall with the full weight of her frame and dislodged a large boulder, revealing the way forward.
She climbed through the hole in the wall and took a look around her. They appeared to be in an abandoned mine... the large cavern was filled with spent ore deposits, and a rusty minecart rested on rusty tracks.
"Very interesting..." Lucian commented as he joined her. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say we're on Iron Island..."
"B-but, that's impossible!" she responded. "For a teleportation pad to teleport us all the way across the region? It's unheard of!"
"Indeed it is; but the only other mine in Sinnoh is the Oreburgh mine, and I'm quite certain that this isn't the Oreburgh mine."
He waited for the others to catch up.
"Regardless of where we are, the way out is clear now: let us follow the minecart tracks to the surface. But beware of wild pokemon... if this is indeed Iron Island, then there are many powerful rock-types and steel-types" Lucian warned as he began to follow the tracks.

Last edited:
Michael and Jodi carefully watched June's actions,until their eyes went wide.They whispered something to each other and then nodded."We have to tell her,it's really important!"Jodi whispered to Michael.
"Not now."He whispered back."We have to wait until we're alone.We can't risk someone else hearing!It could cost our lives!"They both nodded.They looked at June,but thankfully she was far away and had her back turned.They started following them,an uneasy feeling overwhelming them.

Azumi followed behind Ray. She had never been to this side of the region, so this was the first time she heard of the island. She let her Lucario out. "Let's go Anakin, you are the best fit to travel along us." Azumi told her pokemon as she petted him. The Lucario nodded and began walking along the group.

Maker was disappointed when she heard only steel and rock types lived in the island. She walked besides Allie. "What a trip. We crossed the whole region without really doing much. I'm starting to get hungry though."

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli looked around in shook "Iron island..." he looked around and tried to spot anything team galactic might've left behind he did not see anything of team galactics, but when he looked at the nearby wall he saw a yellow glowing stone. He walked over to it and saw it was a lightning stone! He excitedly pulled it out "look at that.. a lightning stone!" he placed it in his bag and caught up with the group "Find anything yet?"

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Before anything further could happen, however, a strange sound of what seemed to be warping space was heard echoing throughout the mines. With a bright flash of light, none other than the familiar face of the mad scientist formerly known as Eisenblatt was seen, standing straight alongside his newest addition to his team, a Gothitelle. He brushed the hair from the left side of his face, and sighed softly, his no longer cold, but more curious gaze finding its way to the group searching for a way out. His outfit seemed to be completely different from what it used to be, which was, at the current moment, a heavy white, hoodless coat with a furred collar, some thicker black trousers, and low cut black boots with green glowing laces tipped in metallic aglets. He also wore his classic visor, but even that seemed to be different, for instead of being in the form of a full out pair of lab goggles, these were more of a pair of snow goggles, tinted black to perhaps shield from the glaring sunlight on pure white snow. He also seemed to be covered in a bit of snow, which he shook off softly, his Gothitelle attempting to help. When he established his bearings, he looked right at the group, his curious but calculating gaze obvious. He raised his hand in a sort of brief wave, and bowed his head for a few moments. "Good day, comrades." He replied, his accent taking on more of a strange form that they perhaps would have never heard from anyone, being from another forgotten region, of course.(his accent being quite similar to that of a Russian from the Soviet Era, or at least that was the most comparable thing in our world.)

Piper sat by the rock right next to her own city cave. Gee, she'd never have guessed that people could be taken prisoner so easily.. Piper looked at her exhausted shinx- Felix next to her. He was fidgeting with his paws and actually sitting still, unlike normal. Piper sat up straiter. They would not be overcome again like this. She picked up Felix and laid down, feeling her neck being gently brushed by the grass felt so calming. She finally took a deep breath and took out her pokeballs. Setting the rest of her four in total outside of it. She felt herself going up in tears as she looked at them. Destiny, her absol, Faith, her notched-eared pichu, and of course, Felix.
"This won't happen again." Piper said.
"We'll train even more and we'll overcome those grunts..!" She said, feeling the confidence start growing inside of her.
"But first.. let's rest.. actually." Piper collapsed back onto the grass and felt her pokemon sit around her. She knew they would be able to do this. She wouldn't ever find herself in a prison cell without them again. They could do this.

(Ok, soo.. you guys won't meet Piper until you come out of the cave, but I really wanna just roleplay a bit, so yeah. That's basically her character right there when ya do meet her)

Azumi flinched when she saw the flash. She was about to send Anakin after the new arrival when she noticed who it was. "Doctor?!" She cried with a surprise. Maker looked up with a confused look, trying to figure out who had arrived.
Azumi walked quickly towards Adolph. "Why it is you!" She said as she got closer to him. She stretched her hand out to him. "I never thought I would have the honor of seeing you again." She smiled pleasantly.
Maker noticed who it was and stomped her way to him. "Well if it isn't mister I give you my word and then ditch you before the big battle! That was mean!" She said crossing her arms and giving Adolph an angry look.

Michael and Jodi looked at the flash in surprise,their expressions becoming confused as they saw Maker and Azumi rushing towards that random person."Um,who's this?"Michael asked them.
"And why did he call us comrades?"Jodi added to his question.
"He seems familiar,but not that relevant so I could remember him..."Michael said,trying to figure out who that guy was..

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Adolphian gave a slight smile to Azumi as she recognized him, and took her outstretched hand with both of his much paler hands, and shakes with vigor. "Ohh, the honor is mine, and it is wonderful to see you again. I was worried your group would not be here, however, is lucky that my new companion Dusk brought me here, no?" He replied in good spirits, and his Gothitelle gave a soft sound of agreement. However, when Maker stomped up to him and glareed at him, he sighed softly and looked down at the ground, at the small icy puddle formed below him from the snow that once covered him. "Well... You see, comrade maker. I was unable to participate in your battle, the night before, I was contacted by Novacorp for research mission... They were near breakthrough, and needed me to collect some rare plants from colder region in Sinnoh... I appologize for avoiding alerting your group, however, I had no time... I appologize dearly..." He replies sadly, looking quite ashamed for his actions, or lack of action. He opened his coat, revealing a set of 6 pokeballs attached to a special holder as well as what seemed to be a storage pouch different from the large black bag slung across his shoulder. He opened the storage pouch and pulled out a strange gleaming red and black stone, which seemed to glow with crimson energy. A strange energy almost seemed to eminate from the stone as well. "However... Real reason why I was gone for song long... is what we call heart of Novacorp, modified firestone...... Lovely gemstone, it may appear to be just ordinary jewel, but... It has intense energy storage abilities, and is great for focusing fire and light energies... It was my invention that created it... And while it lost the ability to evolve pokemon, it gained much more..." He simply explained, an odd way of explaining why it took him so long to return, as the research mission only took a few days. Of course, his pale skin and outfit suggested that he spent time working in Sinnoh's snow for most of his time away...

"Oh,you're that guy with the weird accent that was supposed to be Maker's servant!"Michael said,pointing at Adolphian."Wow,you don't look like you were from an alternative universe where there was a rule of zoning out anymore!"
"Michael!That's rude!"Jodi scolded him.
"What,I'm just saying that he looks good now!Even though he seems like his skin colour has disappeared..."

"I understand doctor, there's no need to apologise." Azumi said with a smile. She turned back to Ray. "Look Ray it's Mr. Adolph." She waved at him to come closer.
Maker examined the rock. "Well this does look pretty cool. So what does it do exactly? As a fire type pro, I demand to know!" She said stomping her foot and looking upset.

Ray eyed Eisenblatt warily and approached the man at Azumi's request.
"Good to see you again doctor..." he began, "but I have to ask: why are you here, of all places? I mean, I know I'm not one to talk, but you were working with Tempest for a bit back in Kalos... and now you appear on Iron Island at the same time we discover team Galactic has a base here? Excuse me if I sound skeptical, but well... I think some skepticism is justified." Ray spoke out of genuine concern, but at the same time he still harboured some resentment toward the doctor for what Tempest had done to Mismagius back in Kalos.

Lucian was too far ahead of the group to notice Eisenblatt's entrance at the moment - but he was finally able to find a way out of the mine. "Over here, everyone!" he called back to the group. "I can see light!"
The elite four member walked out onto a stoney shore, surrounded by sea on all sides extending all the way to the horizon. The sun appeared to be in the midst of rising, the group having spent all night trying to get out of the cave...
"Hmmm... so it would appear as though we are, in fact, on Iron Island." He said to himself contemplatively. But before he could delve deeper into thought, he noticed what appeared to be a wearied trainer sitting in a patch of grass next to her pokemon...
"Pardon me" he said as he approached the trainer, "but I can't help noticing that you look exhausted... Are you here training? or is there some other reason for your being here? I don't mean to pry, but we've just made a disturbing discovery regarding the contents of this cave and I'm worried that you might've been affected by it... Are you okay?"

Last edited:
Piper jumped up. "Oh! Erm.. You're in Canalave City, actually." She glanced at her pokemon. "I was just.. resting." Piper looked behind him at the group and decided she could trust them. "I just escaped a nearby prison, I somehow got split up with the one guy I was with and now I'm here." Piper explained. Faith climed up to her shoulder and tilted her head at the new arrival.

Azumi let out a small nervous laugh at Ray's comment towards Adolph. She grabbed Ray's hand and pulled him away. "You can't just go up to someone and interrogate them like that." She placed her arm around his and began walking towards where Lucian had pointed. "IF he has something to do with this, that is not the proper way to approach him. Why would he give you any clue as to being guilty in the middle of the group?" She looked back to make sure Typhlosion and Nana were following behind. She turned to Ray again. "But I have to admit you look handsome when you interrogate people like that." She told him, trying to light up the mood.

Maker was tapping her foot desperately, waiting for the doctor to give her an answer.

"Wait,but didn't you want to do that with Lucian?"Michael whispered to Azumi.
"Doesn't matter!"Jodi said annoyed,pulling him back.She turned to Adolph and asked"So how come you ended up with us again?Do you want to catch up with Maker,or did you put a chip on her neck when she wasn't looking?"She chuckled while Michael rolled his eyes.
"Ugh,let's just go.Plus,we'll let him alone with 'Aker!"He winked at Maker with a laugh and he and Jodi followed the others.

Michael chuckled as both the Towers twins shot him an angry look."Wow,that just made my day!"He whispered to Jodi.
"I don't think now's the time for jokes..."Jodi said with a sigh.Michael rolled his eyes at her comment and said:
"Well,'Aker's said jokes at worse moments."He looked back at the PokéBall that Alex gave him,thinking about when he should meet the Pokémon.

"Ugh,stop whining!"Michael said annoyed."His name is Eisenblatt,well,now it's Adolph.He came out of nowhere,claimed to have worked for Tempest against his will,became 'Aker's servant and then disappeared.And you can clearly see that she is not happy with him."He sighed and continued to walk towards the exit.

Ray looked confused as Azumi dragged him away... but when she explained the situation to him he realized that she was right.
"Oops, my bad..." he apologized. "I guess I got a little ahead of myself. But you gotta admit: that guy's pretty weird... We shouldn't count him out as a suspect, just yet."

Ray continued walking toward where Lucian was, exiting the cave and entering the open air. He took a deep breath and took a moment to enjoy the uncongested atmosphere, before approaching the psychic-type trainer and the new trainer standing next to him. He overheard their conversation as he approached:

"A prison, you say?" Lucian responded to Piper's statement in disbelief. "Was this prison run by team Galactic, by any chance?" he seemed concerned...
Ray joined in on the conversation:
"Did I hear that correctly? that you were captured by Galactic?" he asked Piper. "Great... I thought we were done with all that stuff" he sighed to himself. "My name's Ray, by the way."
He looked out across the ocean, wondering how they were going to get off of the island...

Last edited:
Azumi followed behind Ray but did not get to hear the conversation. She eyed the new trainer with curiosity but kept her distance. She looked around her, taking in the scenery, it was her first time on this side of Sinnoh.

Maker walked away from Adolph, walking with an upset look. She stepped outside and saw the new trainer. "Another new trainer?!" She said annoyed. She walked around the outside of the cave and stopped by a big rock and sat down. She crossed her arms and leaned against the boulder. "Now what?"

Alex stepped out of the cave. The air still felt cool, as he stood in the shadow of the mountain to his left. Ocean waves crashed gently on the shore and a gentle breeze made the sparse grass bend every so often. The air smelled earthy, and still a little damp from the cave. He couldn't see the sun, though he could see the jagged shadow of the mountain extend in the distance. He figured that they must be on the western side, then. Hopefully there was more land on the other side, because all Alex could see in this direction was ocean. "I'm going to go for a hike," Alex announced. "Hopefully I'll find something helpful on the other side."

Alex, followed along by Arcanine carrying a sleeping Espon on her back, turned left and began walking up the medium incline. Alex's thoughts turned once again to the Pokemon Ranger team. As he laboriously climbed the mountainside, he imagined himself in a uniform, effortlessly gliding along. In his head, he climbed to the very top and found himself confronted by a gang of thugs, holding an innocent pokemon hostage. Alex smiled to himself as he imagined Arcanine and Espeon heroically helping to rescue the pokemon. He shook himself, and spent the rest of the hike considering whether that was really a path for him, and what it would mean to follow it.

Eventually, Alex topped a crest, finding himself on a low shoulder of the mountain and in full view of the sun. He maybe five stories off the ground, but still nowhere near the top. In the distance, he saw the coast, and further south he saw tall city buildings. Admiring the view, he sat down, watching some yanma flit between tufts of grass as wingulls and pelipers called in the distance.

As Michael stepped out of the cave,he rolled his eyes at Alex's statement.Jodi stepped out a second after him,so she didn't notice Alex leaving,she noticed the new trainer.She was about to approach this mysterious trainer,but since she stated that she just escaped 'prison',Jodi didn't want her to be overwhelmed,so she just stood patiently next to Michael,who was taking in the scenery.He thought about telling Azumi their theory,but since June was still with them,she'll probably hear it.So,he decided to wait for the right opportunity or for something interesting to happen.

Azumi saw Alex walk away, but since there wasn't any grunts around, she figured it was safe. She got Nana from Typhlosion and placed her on top of a boulder so she could be at her height. "Hey Nana, want to try using telepathy?" She told her pokemon. The Kirlia just smiled at her trainer. Azumi waited patiently for an answer, but there was nothing. She frowned and looked at Nana. "No fair. How come everyone else heard your voice I still haven't?"
Nana just smiled and petted Azumi's head. Azumi laughed and hugged Nana. ''I guess if you could control it you would use it." Azumi said as she placed Nana back on the boulder.

Maker finished blowing off steam and got up, stretching her arms. "Hey where did Alex go?" She said as she looked around the group and didn't see him.

"What,no!"Michael said worried."No,I think you're cool,even though you have Fire Type Pokémon.That's supposed to be a pun,not that Fire Types aren't amazing.Ugh,let's go."He went after Alex.Jodi looked at Maker and said"He was thinking about what Michael always thinks about.Shipping."She chuckled and followed after him,but then turned back to Maker."Are you coming?"

"Okay..."Jodi said a little disappointed.She followed after Michael and they eventually caught up to Alex.
"Hey Mr. 'I need to climb a mountain everytime I exit a cave'!What's up?"Michael greeted him with sarcasm in his voice.
"Wow,this view is beautiful!"Jodi said amazed."No wonder why you came here!"

Michael looked surprised at Otis."When did you get here?!"He asked her.
"Wow,you've gotten really quiet lately!"Jodi said as she just noticed that Otis was there when Michael spoke to her."And it really sucks to be quiet..."
"Anyway,this view is one of a kind!Sinnoh is so cool!"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She shrugged, “I don’t really know, I just didn’t feel like talking much.” Otis looked back at the view, her hair blowing in the wind. “Hmm, I still think the view in Unova is better.” She smiled sheepishly, her hands now behind her back in a formal manner.

"Well,your biased because that's where you live.Can't say I blame you though,the view from Unova is pretty great."Michael said,admiring every single little detail that the view had."Oh,I've got an idea!"He threw his new PokeBall into the air,revealing the Gligar that Alex gave him.He looked around frantically before spotting Michael,then he hugged him."Awwww,I love him!"Jodi took example from him and threw into the air her PokeBall,revealing a majestic Trumbeak.He landed on the ground and looked at Jodi before curling into a ball and falling asleep."Awwww,he's so cute!"She patted his head and continued to look around.

(Ahh, I'm so sorry I haven't been on!)

Piper looked nervously at the arriving trainers. "U-Uh.. I'm pretty sure it was team Galactic. That'd make the most sense. I'm Piper by the way." She said, a bit awkwardly. Realizing how many new trainers they had with them. Behind her Absol and Faith were returned to there pokeballs, while Felix hopped to over to her foot, almost reaching her knee.

"Hmmm... Then it would as appear as though team Galactic has indeed been using this island as a base of operations" Lucian contemplated Piper's statement, and looked over at June worriedly. "But why Iron Island, of all places? Could it be that...? no, I should refrain from making any rash accusations..." the man interrupted himself before he could say anything more, but nonetheless looked perturbed by his own thoughts...
"Anyway, I say we follow Alex" Lucian said to those who hadn't hiked up the mountain already. "There's a small port toward the southwest corner of the island; we'll have to wait for a ship..."

The man began to ascend the mountainside in the same direction as the others, his Alakazam floating nimbly through the air beside him. June followed close behind with her Skuntank.

"You okay, douchebagette?" Ray walked over to Maker, who appeared to be moping about... "Looks like we're leaving now - but we can leave you behind, if you want?" he joked.