• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

Alex looked up at Ray. "I'll be okay, some rest and I'll be fine. Micheal did a pretty good job of cleaning up my head, some Aspirin or something wouldn't hurt though," he touched the bandages. "I think I lost a few brain cells, but Espeon gained a few more," he chuckled. "He's telepathic!" Alex grinned. Espeon meowed indignantly. He still wasn't getting petted like he ordered.

"I really enjoyed your speech, or at least what we got to hear of it." Alex exhaled as he adjusted his position on the ground. "So what exactly happened back there?" The bright sunlight and brilliant green of the grass was a stark contrast to the hellish interior of the building. "There were explosions, and crazy people, and aggressive pokemon... Did that wackadoodle at the door come back for revenge?" Alex tried to joke, but the reality of the situation left him afraid.

Azumi and Daniel reached the local police station. The only officers present were from the international police, all the local ones had been sent to assist. Director Gallard stood in front of everyone.
"Well I'm sure you are all aware of what happened. We have been working hard to stop this kind of situation and we have failed. Some evil organization using the name 'Team Galactic' attacked city hall. Thanks to Ms. Towers, who happened to be there and she analyzed the situation, we believe that either someone new took over the organization or someone is using the team's name to avoid attention."
The officers began to talk among each other, some congratulating Azumi for the info she gave. However Azumi just stood still, waiting on the Direction to finish.
Director Gallard continued. "We will divide into different teams..." He stopped talking when he saw Azumi raising her hand. "Yes Ms. Towers?"
Azumi spoke loud clearly. "I want my own team. No offense but the only person I work well with is my trainee. There's a group of couple outside of this I would rather work with."
"No." Director Gallard answer.
"Understood." Azumi said somewhat disappointed.
"I will assign the team's myself. Tonight I will send the information to the team leader. Meanwhile use what we have and get to work." Director Gallard finished up and disappeared into his office.
Some of the officers were buzzing around, many hoping to be in Azumi's team. Azumi ignored everything around her though. Her mind was working on the new puzzle. She left the HQ and began to head home, where her laptop was. She sent a message to Ray:
I'm going home to work on the case. Take care of Nana. Don't break any bones.

Maker smiled as Allie introduced herself. She then dragged her to the rest of the group. "Hey everyone! This is Allie, a new ally!" She laughed at her own joke. She noticed Ray was alone. "Hey where's my sister?"

Nana looked at Ray worried the whole time since Azumi left. When they reached Alex she got off his arms and walked around Espeon. She circled him several times with a lot of curiosity. She finally stopped in front of him and her eyes began to glow. Once they returned back to normal, she sent a telepathic message to everyone around. "I'm hungry!" A little girl's voice was heard as Nana began jumping with joy.

"T-thanks... but unfortunately after today I don't think people are going to find it very compelling." Ray sighed. "The evil team attacking midway through didn't exactly help my case..."
Ray looked back at the ruined building with a contemplative expression.
"They were wearing team Galactic uniforms... but team Galactic disbanded a long time ago. I knew there were still some supporters around, but they've never organized like this before..." Ray laughed at the wackadoodle comment. "I've seen that guy spouting nonsense on just about every street corner of this city - I think he's homeless, actually... I doubt he and his little cult have anything to do with this, but you never know!"
Ray turned to Maker.
"I think Azumi's gone to the police station. She's probably gonna have a whole lotta work to do, becasue of this..."
All of the sudden, Nana's voice rang out in the minds of everyone nearby and Ray jumped a little in surprise.
"W-what the? Nana, since when can you do THAT? I guess Espeon's not the only on with telepathy..." he looked over at Alex and laughed.
"Well, you heard her! I should probably get Nana something to eat... and get her to safety... If anyone one wants to come back to the apartment with me, you're welcome to."

Last edited:
Nana looked at Eli confused and teleported to Ray's arms. "Stranger danger." Was what she sent to everyone's mind.

Maker was laughing. "You can tell she has been terribly spoiled. I wonder if by Ray or Azumi." She helped Alex up. "Come on, let's go to the apartment."

Azumi reached her home. She walked in disappointed, threw her shoes to the side and took the laptop to her bedroom, where she began going to team Galactic files, to see if she recognized anyone.

"Well, thanks for trying Eli!" Ray laughed as Nana rejected the salad and teleported back into his arms. "C'mon, let's go..."

The battle appeared to be over now, in large part due to Lucian and Byron's tremendous strength, and the police were going around detaining any grunts who hadn't already fled.
But before Ray could leave he heard Lucian calling his name. The purple-haired man rushed over and pulled him aside.

"Ray, before you leave: I'm so sorry things turned out this way... I dearly hope that your faith in me, and our movement, hasn't been shaken. I can assure you that I still stand firmly behind everything that we've discussed."

"Thanks, Lucian..." Ray tried to appear optimistic, but he wasn't doing a very good job. "Don't worry, I still believe that we're on the right side of this debate. But moving forward, in the wake of what happened today... it's going to be difficult."

"Indeed, it will be..." Lucian responded "I can't imagine gaining much public favour after this..." The bespectacled man appeared to be lost in thought for a moment before resuming the conversation
"Ray - I would like your help with something, if you're willing. I'd like to investigate what happened today; but my relationship with the international police, due to my past and present activism, is tenuous at best..." Lucian smirked. "But that won't stop me from doing a little snooping of my own... What do you say? Care to join me?"

"O-of course! I would be an honour, sir!" Ray replied.

"Oho! You flatter me, Ray! but no need to be so formal... Meet me at the harbour tomorrow at 8pm; feel free to bring anyone you trust." The elite four member walked away with a wave and returned to the debate hall, where several news reporters arriving on the scene immediately began to bombard him with questions...
Through a hole in the wall Ray could see Byron boasting to a news reporter about all the grunts he took out with dramatic, narrativizing gestures; he also heard the gym leader rehashing his stance on evil teams, and rambling on about how team Galactic's attack just reinforced everything he'd been saying about their irredeemableness...

Ray sighed and walked to the parking lot, avoiding any news reporters, and entered the car with Nana. He waited for a few minutes for anyone who wanted to join them, before heading home.

Last edited:
Maker looked confused. "I don't remember Nana ever doing that..." She looked at Alex. "Hey you're the closet thing to a scientist, care to explain?"

Alex's eyes widened with surprise as Nana's voice echoed in his head. Once again, the voice was very clearly hers, though the resemblance was less striking to him because he didn't know her as well. "I'm really not sure. I need to do some more reading on psychic ability. From these two cases though, it seems like telepathy can lie dormant in a pokemon. When the pokemon feels a strong enough need to reach others, it can awaken. This seems like what happened with Espeon. Or communication with another telepath can awaken the ability it seems, like with Nana," Alex closed his eyes for a moment, before reopening them, visualizing his metaphor. "Have you heard of supercooled water? Basically, if you put extremely pure water into the freezer, it won't turn to ice. However, if you shake it or drop an ice crystal in it, the whole bottle will instantly freeze. It seems telepathy works kind of like that."

She helped Alex up. "Come on, let's go to the apartment."

"Uhp," Alex grunted as he stood up, one arm around Maker's shoulders. "Thanks," he said. "What about Arcanine? We might need some help stuffing her in the car," Alex laughed, looking over at the sleeping enormous dog. Espeon stood up and flicked his tail. Still not getting what he asked for, he pointedly walked over and laid down next to Arcanine.

There were some ambulances. "Hey Alex, you want to go to a hospital?"

"That's probably a good idea," Alex conceded. "My arms are sore, so they miiiiight be fractured, but what I'm really worried about is a concussion. I don't need an ambulance though, I can just call a taxi."

Nana was enjoying being outside, even though she didn't quite understand what happened before. She looked at Michael with curiosity when he waved at her, like of she couldn't figure out what he was. She did smile at Jodi though.

Maker looked back at the rest. "Hey I'm taking a different car to the hospital with Alex. Regarding Arcanine..." She released her giant Charizard. "Hey Charo, do us a favor and take Arcanine back to Azumi's place, please!" The giant Pokemon gave his trainer a smile and a thumbs up. He picked up Arcanine gently and flew off.
"Hey Allie!" Maker called the new trainer. "I might need help, you mind going with me to the hospital?" Maker asked as she put Alex in the car and got ready to go herself.

Azumi kept going through the different profiles of every team Galactic member ever captured. She didn't see any of them at city Hall, yet they all had a different look in their eyes. She finally reached the page of the commanders and Cyrus. She analyzed them as much as possible. "It wasn't team Galactic..." She told herself as she took out a notebook and a pencil. "Then we have to figure out who could gain something from such attack." She began writing different names in the notebook, biting her pencil every now and then.

Azumi waved back without looking away from her notebook. "It's not team Galactic. I'm comparing the former members with the new ones that were just arrested. The new ones are typical street thugs, the old ones were religious people with problems against society." She liked talking to someone while working, it allowed her to let her ideas out and getting a better idea.

"No." Azumi said still going through her list. "He was in custody during the incident, I checked. The only suspects right now, from a neutral point of view, would be Lucian, Byron and of course Ray. Of course I can vouch for Ray. But, not the other two." Azumi said as she opened her laptop again. "You guys are welcome to eat anything by the way. Are Ray and Nana on their way?"

The car arrived, and Ray walked into the apartment and immediately threw off his tie and unbuttoned the top of his shirt.
"We're back..." he greeted Azumi and Micheal half-heartedly.
He looked over at Azumi slaving over her laptop and sighed, feeling inexplicably guilty for everything that'd transpired that day...
"Do you want me to go out and get you something for dinner? and a coffee?" he came up behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "You're probably gonna be pretty busy tonight, I can imagine..."

"Yeah, a bit..." Ray smiled sadly at Jodi. "I'm just trying to help people... but when the people you're trying to help aren't cooperative, and crap all over your cause, you start to doubt yourself a bit. I haven't given up, though: I'm sure some sense can be made of this... but I'm worried that in the meantime the public's going to jump to some hasty conclusions about me and Lucian - and who's to blame them?"

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli walked in to the apartment as well and placed Veon onto a couch to sleep of her transformation "Well while it would be a reasonable conclusion, its not your fault and besides, you have a lot of friends behind you!" Eli sat down and yawned "I'm turning in for the tonight. I've been having a stressful week, so I'm going on a walk tomorrow. Anyone want to come with?"

Last edited:
"Don't listen to what people like Byron say!"Michael told Ray determined."You see,the thing is that you tried your best!It's not your fault that the grunts are doing this! So you can't beat up yourself 'bout it!I'm not letting you beat yourself 'bout it!"
"And plus,everyone has their flaws!"Jodi said,trying to sound reassuring."I say if you were able to convince yourself to stop being a criminal,I bet you can convince other evil team members too,no matter what others say!"

Azumi smiled at Ray. "Dinner and coffee sound perfect. By the way this had nothing to do with you, wether you had been there or not, I would still be on the case." She closed her laptop and took away the list from Michael. She began adding more names to them, making some sort of connections between the names.
"By the way I'm not suppose to share this kind of information, but I trust you all so keep it to yourselves." Azumi said finally looking up from her work. She got up and stretched. "I should probably take my dress off." She said as she went into the bathroom to change.
Nana danced around Jodi and Ray as if trying to tell them something.
Azumi returned wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, still no shoes. She hugged Ray. "You're gonna overcome it, relax. By the way I think pizza would be great, take Eli and Michael with you."

Maker (and Allie if she decided to come) arrived at the hospital with Alex. She helped him through the front entrance where the reception lady looked at them with a frustrated expression. "Another one from city hall?" She asked Maker.
"Um yeah." Maker said.
"What's his name?" The receptionist.
"Alex I guess." Maker replied.
"Mmmm ok Alex iguess. I will call him in a moment, take a seat."
"Thank you!" Maker said with a smile as she sat Alex down. She looked around as if lost, she had never been to a hospital like this, it was always through private hospitals where she always went.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
(Sorry for not replying in a while! I haven't been getting alerts for some reason :@)
Allie followed Maker into the hospital. Her Eevee sat on her shoulder, and her Gardevoir followed close behind. Eevee looked rather confused, it didn't quite understand what was going on.
She looked around as she took a seat. The hospital was very large, and a bit confusing to Allie. She looked around and saw multiple people from City Hall, injured. It took that sight for her to realize the scale of the attack that had just happened.
"How could anyone be so... heartless... that they could attack innocent people and Pokemon for no good reason?" Allie mumbled to herself. She couldn't bear to think of what could have happened to her Pokemon.
Eevee and Gardevoir both looked at their trainer, sensing what she was feeling.

"Thanks for the help," Alex looked over at Maker. "What? Never been to a hospital before? Lucky, I guess," Alex conceded. "To be fair, I can't really say that I have either. I've been to pokemon centers before. Of course, sometimes the pokemon Mom was working with would get sick," Alex explained.

After a considerable wait, the receptionist appeared from behind a door. "Alex Iguess? You're up," Alex pushed himself to his feet. "I'll be back in a minute," he told Maker. He followed the receptionist to a patient room. It had a few plastic chairs, a sink, and one of those uncomfortable doctor's office bed-chairs, covered in a sheet of don't-spread-your-germs paper. Alex sat on the bed-chair, the white paper crinkling underneath him. He waited a few minutes before a nurse came in.

He looked Alex up and down, "you seem to be in pretty good shape. Not everyone in your position was so lucky."

"I know, I hope I'm not taking time from the people who really need it. I just came in to check for a concussion and arm fractures."

"It's alright, we're short on surgeons, not nurses. There are plenty of us to take care of the minor cases, like yours." The nurse walked over and checked his pupils before shining a light in his eyes. "Can you describe what happened?"

"Ah, yeah. I got caught off guard by a flygon. It came up behind me, and I threw up my arms like this," the nurse leaned back as Alex demonstrated, "and the flygon struck me with what was probably a dragon claw. It certainly felt like something powerful," Alex laughed. The nurse smiled and finished checking Alex's eyes. "My arms are sore now, but nothing too bad. I also have a bad headache."

"Hold out your arms for me, please," the nurse instructed. Alex complied and the nurse began walking his fingers up Alex's arms. "Let me know if it hurts," he said. Alex nodded. "Well it seems like you're fine. You're going to have some nasty bruises, but I couldn't find any fracture points. As for your head, you're not showing any significant signs of concussion. You might have a very minor injury, but nothing to worry about. You did a very good job cleaning up that cut, too," the nurse said after peeking under the bandage. "By tomorrow, you should be right as rain. If you'd like, I can send you back with some pain medication for your head."

----

Alex walked back out of the door holding a bottle of Asprin. "I'm back," he smiled. "Everything checked out, no major injury."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie's worried expression turned into one of relief. "That's great! I'm happy that all is well." Allie smiled.
Eevee jumped up and down on Allie's shoulder, a celebratory smile on its face. "Vee-eevee!" it cried joyfully.
"So it was Flygon that hit you? I must have not noticed, I was kind of lost in the moment. Sorry that I didn't help out."

Alex smiled, "thanks, it's alright. That guy was tough. A million things could've happened, so I'm glad that you made it out alright. Do either of you by chance know what happened? I remember catching a dragon claw from the flygon, then the next thing I knew I was on Arcanine's back, riding out of the building. At any rate though, I'm ready to head out if you two are both good."

"Thanks, everyone... It means a lot to me that you still have my back." Ray said to Eli, Micheal, and Jodi. When Azumi hugged him he hugged her back tightly and thanked her for her reassurance as well, and then got ready to go pick up some food.
"Alright, I'll be back shortly. Eli, Micheal, Jodi: if any of you want to come along for the walk, you're welcome to."

Ray left the apartment, bringing Nana with him, and began to walk to Azumi's favourite pizza place. The crisp night air felt good in his anxiety-filled chest... but he wasn't too fond of the sight of the news helicopters hovering over the ruined city hall in the distance, so he averted his eyes and picked up the pace.
He hadn't realized until the person working at the pizza place nervously pointed it out to him, that his clothes were all torn-up and covered in soot from fighting in such close proximity with Typhlosion...
"O-oh... don't worry - I'm fine!" he tried his best to reassure the cashier, who seemed reluctant to take his order... "Um... can I have a large pepperoni and cheese, and a large whatever that vegetable one is?"
After a few minutes, the cashier returned with the pizzas and nervously handed them to Ray as if she thought he was going to kill her or something...
"Thank you very much" Ray said embarrassedly as he left, and he picked up a coffee on the way back with a similarly awkward interaction...

"I definitely should've changed before going out..." he laughed to himself as he re-entered the apartment. "Anyway, food's here!" He put a few slices of pizza on a plate and brought them to Azumi along with the coffee.

Last edited:

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli had walked with Ray out to pizza and added a bacon pizza to th order "Yeah you should've!" Eli picked up a plate and served himself some bacon pizza before giving the salad from earlier to Razor, a slice of pepperoni pizza down for Lix and some bacon pizza down in front of Veon in case she wakes up.

Eli sat down to enjoy his meal. After a minute or so he spoke up "I'm going out for another eevee tomorrow, does anyone want to come with?"

Michael and Jodi wanted to go with Ray and Eli,but they were so quick that they didn't even need to go.Michael gad a disgusted look on his face when he saw the pepperoni and bacon pizza,but his face quickly lit up when he saw the vegetarian pizza."Thanks!"He got a slice and savored it.Jodi helped herself with a bacon pizza slice and said"Wow,you are really serious about that Eeveelution Master stuff?Heh,I thought you were only joking!"
"I'll come with you!I really want to capture a Sinnoh Pokemon!"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie filled him in on what had happened. "The Flygon hit you, I'm not sure which attack though... your Arcanine helped you evacuate. At least you weren't hurt too bad, it could have been a lot worse."
Eevee jumped off Allie's shoulder and sniffed at Alex's feet. "Veevee?"
"Eevee, what are you doing?" Allie laughed. "I think she likes you. She was pretty worried when you were knocked out.'

Nana sang the whole way that Ray carried her, she loved going on walks. When they arrived she took a slice from the vegetarian one and a bacon one for typhlosion. She had the bacon one until he was out of his pokeball, and then began to eat.
Azumi thanked Ray and began to eat while working her case. She rarely took her eyes of her screen, she would colbm her hair behind her ear every now and then. She would sighed with frustration every now and then.

Maker smiled when she saw Alex return. "Ok let's go! Car's already here!" Maker said walking proudly outside. She got in the car and closed her eyes. "Boy what a day huh?" She asked the others as the car drove off.
Soon they reached Azumi's apartment. Maker walked in like if it was her house. "I'm back babes! I know y'all missed me!" She announced. Azumi yelled hello from her bedroom and Nana cheered.

Maker looked around confused. "So... Are we all sleeping here?" She looked around. "There's one guest room... And living room." She began counting with her fingers. "We are like 9..." She looked around again. "Ok! Me, Otis, Jodi and Allie get the guest room. Michael, Eli and Alex living room. Of course Ray and Azumi in their room." She finished her pizza. "Sounds good sis?!" She yelled to Azumi. A faint 'sure' was heard. "Great!"
Nana cheered along with Maker.

"Eevee, what are you doing?" Allie laughed. "I think she likes you. She was pretty worried when you were knocked out.'

Alex crouched to pet the pokemon. "Aw, thanks for worrying about me. I'm okay," he said. "I heard you ran in to fight pokemon fifty times your size, that's pretty brave of you! You be careful too, alright?" Alex smiled as he stroked the eevee's fur.

Soon they reached Azumi's apartment. Maker walked in like if it was her house.

Alex walked in through the door to find everyone else already there, including Arcanine and Espeon, who were asleep on the floor. In contrast to the mostly clean room, just about everyone was covered in sweat and dust. Alex looked down at himself, finally noticing the soot, ash, and dust that was caked on his skin and covering his charred, mildly torn clothes. He looked over at his pokemon. Arcanine's normally
brilliant orange fur, and Espeon's typical pink were both shifted not-too-subtly to a drab light brown. They were also totally covered in wall dust, head to toe. Alex thought that he really should take a shower, but decided not to when he realized how exhausted he was. Besides, he didn't have any clean clothes here anyway. He walked over to his pokemon and slumped against Arcanine's side, curling up on the floor. "I'm good here, goodnight guys," Alex said with a smile as he closed his eyes. "What a day, right?" Alex peeked open his eyes. "Are they rescheduling the debate? I still want to hear the rest of your opening, Ray."