• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

Azumi got upset by the message Ray sent to her. As if she was going to leave him alone in such a dangerous place. Plus, the trainers she was going with were no pushovers. They arrived to the northern side, the amount of grunts was overwhelming compared to the east side. Winstorm and his Aegislash began smashing through the crowds like if they were mere punching bags. Ramos and his Venusaur made their way slowly but strongly through the crowd.
Azumi looked around desperately for Ray. She returned her Arcanine and released Lucho and Anakin. Both Pokemon protected their trainer using their fighting skills. Azumi made her way through the crowd of people, with her hand on Edward's pokeball, in case something went wrong. Finally she saw typhlosion running wild among the tempest grunts. Azumi waved at him and yelled, "Hey Typhlosion!"

Maker watched as more tempest grunts began to arrive. She heard some of them saying that they were fighting some gym leaders on the next street over. "Looks like Azumi brought the league. I'm not surprised, she is MY sister after all." Maker said proudly.
Daramatian began to look tired along with Infernape. Maker returned them both. The grunts looked at her confused. "Don't worry boys, that was just a warm-up." She said with a wink. A big grin spread on her mouth as she tossed a pokeball in the air and a Charizard came out, it was extremely big compared to regular Charizards. It roared loudly and flapped its wings, sending some nearby grunts and Pokemon flying with the wind it created.
"Charo! Go all out!" Maker said as her Pokemon began smashing it's tail and claws against everything in sight.

"My name is Alejandro,by the way.And don't worry,I know what I'm doing!"Alejandro said determined."I've use Double Team enough to know that it's a really good distraction!"He snapped his fingers and his Sceptile and Magmortar jumped high into the air."NOW!"Alejandro yelled,and his Pokemon used Solar Beam and Overheat.The attacks combined and defeated 20 grunts."Oh,and don't worry about the gate,I've got it."His Steelix was knocking every grunt with his giant tail.When Alejandro saw Charo's power,he grinned"Nice moves. Pangoro,throw every grunt in front of the Charizard!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile,Michael finally saw Ray's message and sent back.

Chill....I needed to send backup to Maker first,but now I'll attack.Oh,and if you see a giant explosion,don't freak out.It was me.:p

"Everybody,in front of us,now!"He yelled to his Pokemon as they arrived to the destination.He and Jodi were in front of everyone,ready to put their plan to action.Michael looked behind him a little worried,but he was reassured by his family and friend who nodded."Wobbuffet,get in front of us!"His Wobbuffet dashed in front of them in a fighting stance."Now,everybody use your most powerful attack!"Jodi called out to them determined.As everybody held their breath,the attacks of every Pokemon combined,and rushed towards them."Everybody scatter!Wobbuffet,use Mirror Coat!"As the Pokemon got out of the way,Wobbuffet bounced the attacks with 2x the power.When the attacks hit the buildings,a giant explosion happened. Fortunately,nobody got hurt...At least nobody that were on their side.Michael and Jodi stared proudly at their work.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis sent out all her Pokémon when they all arrived at their destination. “Clever, use Foul Play! Mary, use ThunderShock, while Spirit uses Solar Beam! Nia, make sure to use RollOut, and Joey will use Air Cutter! Now Clara, use EarthQuake as well!” All of her Pokémon nodded and unleashed their attacks at the buildings.

"Nice moves,Oti'!"Michael called out to her."Now,Blazi,Grov,Marsh,you know what time it is!"His Pokemon nodded and started attacking the buildings that didn't really explode. Grovyle used Leaf Blade,Blaziken used Blaze Kick and Marshtomp used Muddy Water.While Jodi and 3 of her Pokemon attacked the other buildings. Glaceon used Blizzard,Nuzleaf used Petal Dance and Ursaring used Hyper Beam.While Michael's family and best friends also unleashed their attacks."Hey Oti'!How are you holding back there?"Michael asked,eager to help her if she was in trouble.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She smiled at Michael, “Don’t worry! I’m doing great!” Otis shot a look of determination at all her Pokémon. Then, all of her Pokémon repeated their moves on buildings that haven’t been destroyed.

"Okay!"Michael replied with relief.His Pokemon kept attacking the buildings,knocking out grunts,having a good time.But after 2 minutes,a grunt with a Hariyama dashed towards Otis."Oti',no!"Michael called out.He ran in front of her just as the Pokemon used Arm Thrust.It knocked him into a tree,and the pain just flew through his body."Oww......"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis watched wide eyed as Michael jumped in front of her to protect her. When Michael was slammed into a tree, Otis ordered Joey to use Air Cutter repeatedly on the Hariyama while she ran over to Michael. She bent over him, concern was shown in her eyes. “Michael! Are you okay? Michael?”

"Owww....O-Oti'..."Was all that Michael could say."I-I'm glad y-you're...okay...."When his Zangoose saw that her trainer has been attacked,she literally destroyed the Hariyama."Oww......It really...hurts....But I-I'll be...F-fine.....You need to go finish...t-the job...."He tried to get up,he barely could stay on his legs."Well...I guess it was...my turn to get...i-injured..."He said with chuckles and coughs.

Levan and his gang followed Micheal and Otis to the southwest entrance of Lumiose and began to unleash havoc on the city.
Leven sent out a Feraligatr and a Tyranitar, and the two pokemon and their trainer bore cool, sadistic smiles as they cut and smashed their way through the unsuspecting tempest grunts and their pokemon. Team rocket followed close behind, charging toward tempest's poorly-guarded base in a frenzy...

Typhlosion turned toward Azumi in surprise, a panicked grunt still hanging upside-down from his mouth, and dashed over to her, leaving the incapacitated grunt behind.
He roared to her as a greeting, and promptly began batting away any threats that approached her along with Lucho and Anakin.

Meanwhile, Ray had no idea where Typhlosion and Dusknoir even were... He was sure that they were holding their own, but they'd gotten separated early on, as he tended to just let them run off and do their own thing in large-scale battles... By this point Ray had returned Corsola, who had taken too much recoil damage from Head Smash, and so he was just staggering around the battlefield pokemonless, dragging the unconscious bodies of his downed comrades off of the streets and into the alleyways where he figured they'd be safer...

Azumi was gald to see Typhlosion, although he looked like he was enjoying the battles too much. She looked around for Ray, with each second that she didn't see him, she grew more afraid. There was no sight of his other Pokemon either. "Typhlosion! Lead me to Ray!" She called out to the fire Pokemon.

Maker and Eve watched proudly how Charo was taking out every challenger that stood in front of him. "Hey Alejandro, you good over there? Did Michael send any cupcakes?" Maker yelled out loud.

"I'm as fine as I'll ever be!!!"Alejandro said with fire in his eyes.His Pokemon were slaughtering the Tempest grunts with mighty proud."No,Michael didn't send any cupcakes.And it's for the best.The last time he got a giant cupcake,he didn't even want to let go of it.And when it fell to the floor...Well...Let's just say that a tall plant was knocked down..."He started to punch the remaining grunts with all of his power.

Maker looked at Alejandro with disgust, "Wow you don't have to be so violent, we are the good guys remember?!" Maker noticed that more tempest grunts were arriving, she took a few steps back until she was near Alejandro.
"Where do all of these things come from?! Charo! Be careful!" She called out to her Charizard, who responded with a thumbs up while stepping on a Nidoking.

Typhlosion gave a swift nod to Azumi and dashed off in the direction of Ray's scent, passing Dusknoir on the way, who quickly wrapped up the fight that he was engaged in and followed after them.

Ray could be seen defending an alleyway, now filled with injured team rocket members, with all his might. He was joined by several other rockets who, thankfully, still had their pokemon with them. As the rocket pokemon managed to keep the tempest pokemon occupied, Ray precariously weaved through the battle, tackling tempest trainers to the ground. But due to his leg injury, and numerous other injuries accrued over the course of the battle, it was clear that he was on the brink of his physical limits...

Last edited:
"We gotta do what we gotta do."Alejandro said in response."And plus,Michael said that you made a innocent grunt cry.That wasn't really nice either."He said with sarcasm in his voice."Aurorus,use Freeze-Dry!"His Pokemon nodded and froze about 9 grunts."And if you're thinking about how violent you are,Pokemon battles wouldn't exist."

Azumi followed typhlosion until they reached the alley where Ray was. Her Pokemon cleared her a path towards him.
"I thought I told you not to die." She told him with an angry look.
She looked around and stood in front of the remaining rocket grunts. "Listen up grunts, the ones who are still able to battle. I need you to divide into two big groups and one small one. The two big groups defend the front and back part of the alley. The small one, help me attend to the injured."
Azumi grabbed Ray and dragged him to the center of the alley, she pushed him as to making him sit down. She took out some bottles and bandages.
"This is gonna hurt." She said as she poured some liquid on a bandage and began cleaning some of his wounds.

Maker disagreed with Alejandro, "Battle for a sport is different then beating someone down with your bare hands!" Maker threw a sitrus berry towards Charo, who caught it and kept battling. "But, what we are doing right now isn't for sport. Might as well just turn a blind eye to it."

Alejandro got impatient and hit another grunt square in the face."Steelix,give me a hand!"His Steelix roared excited and hit about 20 grunts with his tail,sending them flying."Ugh....I'm completely done with this...Steelix,get ready!"He rolled up his sleeve to reveal a Z-Ring that had a Steelium Z in it."I'm so glad Michael gave this to me!"He did a little dance and said"USE CORKSCREW CRASH!!!!!!"Steelix used the Z-Move,knocking out half of the grunts that were there"Take that!"

The rocket grunts looked confused when Azumi gave them orders, not knowing who she was; but Ray nodded at them, letting them know that she was to be trusted, and the rockets promptly assumed the formation that Azumi had dictated. Typhlosion and Dusknoir, who were still in pretty good shape, joined the grunts in defending the alleyway.

When Azumi sat him down, Ray looked up at her with a bewildered expression... he was dizzy with fatigue....
"A-am I hallucinating?" he wondered to himself out loud, before Azumi applied a medicated bandage to him.
"OW! Dammit! That answers that, I guess..." He relaxed his breathing and endured the pain.
"Are you hurt?" he asked her, the irony of the question going over his head.
"It's dangerous for you to be here, y'know, because of your ribs..."

Last edited:
Azumi focused on Ray's injuries, making sure she did things correctly. "I'm fine, my bandages are ajusted." She checked his leg and adjusted the cast. She then stood up and crossed her arms, looking at Ray, and began scolding him. "What were you thinking?!" She pointed at his leg, "If you ever want to walk again, you cannot be treating your leg like that!" She took a deep breath, like if she felt relifed. "I'm going to attend the others."
She headed to other injured grunts and began treated them.

Maker laughed at the show Alejandro had displayed, "That was splendid! If you ever need a job, I could use a bodyguard." She smiled at him and walked over to Charo. "Hey big guy, take a break." She returned him and sent out Infernape again, "Ready Ramon?" The infernape gave her a thumbs up and began battling.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis suddenly held Michael to stop him from falling. “You should stay here, I’ll get one of my Pokémon to protect you. Standing up will only hurt you more...” Worry filled her eyes, and she signaled for Spirit to come over to them. Her Serperior nodded, and slithered over to the two. “Spirit, guard Michael, Okay?” Spirt happily nodded, and stayed close to Michael.

As soon as Azumi walked away Ray attempted to stand up again, but immediately fell back down... He exhaled in frustration, and called for one of his troops to help him up, and give him a shoulder to lean on as he walked over to the entrance of the alleyway. Once there, he immediately began assessing the positions of both team rocket and tempest... It didn't look like they'd be able to defend the alleyway for much longer, and so he began to formulate a plan...
"Dusknoir, over here!" Ray beckoned to his pokemon, and the ghost-type quit the battle and hurried over to him.
"Smash in those doors" he told the pokemon, pointing toward two back-alley doors, one on each side of the alleyway.
He then informed two rocket messengers of his plan, and told them to pass it up the ranks of both the front-guarding, and rear-guarding groups of the alleyway.
"Tell the back half of each group to retreat, gradually, while the front lines remain fixed: half of the retreating troops go through the left door, and half go through the right. We'll use these two retreating forces to perform a pincer maneuver on the tempests attacking the entrance of the alleyway, got it?"
The two messengers nodded, and rushed off to do their jobs.
Ray then instructed Dusknoir to start carrying the injured into the buildings whose doors he'd busted open in preparation for the tactic. Typhlosion remained on the frontlines, hailing opponents with fire to hold them off.
Ray hobbled over to the right door, and assigned one of the higher-ranking rocket members in his squadron to the left.
"Half of you with me! half of you with Marcus! Carry an injured person inside with you if you can!" he shouted as the backlines of the alley-defending groups began to retreat to the doors. He was having some serious bouts of lightheadedness, and major difficulty walking, but they needed to take action now lest the alleyway get overrun...

Levan just scoffed, mercilessly, as Micheal went down and continued toward the HQ.
"Victory waits for no one!" he shouted oratorically to his gang, who followed him with vigour.
"Soon the city will be ours!"

Last edited:
Azumi helped the injured grunts inside along with her two Pokemon. Once inside she gave orders to some so they can assist their comrades. She walked over to Ray, who didn't look so well.
"Hey are you ok? Do you need anything?" She asked as she grabbed his arm to help him stand.

"I-I'm fine..." Ray panted. "If you could just keep helping me walk, though, that'd be appreciated..."
Once the backlines of the fixing forces had completely disengaged from combat, Ray led his newly-formed enveloping force into the right building, while the high-ranking rocket member assigned to the left building did the same on his side.

The building that Ray's side had broken into appeared to be an office building of sorts, and as he marched his militia through it, dozens of office workers could be seen hiding under their desks, terrified, with no idea what was going on...
Once they'd reached the opposite side of building, Ray turned around to speak to the group:
"Alright: once we get out this door, we'll be in the next alleyway over... As soon as we get out, we need to attack the enemy's left flank; Marcus's group'll attack the right. Once they're defeated, loop back into the alleyway and triple-down on the group attacking the exit. The fixing forces won't be able to hold much longer, so we need to do this quickly and efficiently - Let's go!"
With those words, Dusknoir smashed out the door in front of them, and the rocket soldiers flooded out into the street, charging toward the left flank of tempest's formation, while their comrades from the other building charged toward the right.
Ray made one, feeble movement in an attempt to charge with them, before passing out cold...

Azumi caught Ray, but he was to heavy for her injured ribs. A rocket grunts rushed over and helped her put him down. She placed head on his chest until she heard a heartbeat. She sighed in relief. Some of the grunts looked at her confused. She stood up and told them "You guys have your orders. Follow them! I will take care of Ray."
The grunts nodded and continued with their attack. Azumi sat down next to Ray and placed his head on her lap. She took out a revive and a sitrus berry.
"These aren't ment for humans... But they might just do the trick." She said as she took a piece of the revive and placed it in a bottle. She then ripped the berry in half and smashed it with her hands, letting the juice fall into the bottle. After that, she began to shake the bottle. "Sorry Ray, it's gonna taste awful... and maybe give you an upset stomach."
She poured some of the strange liquid into his mouth and waited for the results.

It wasn't long before Ray began choking on the vile concoction that Azumi had poured down his throat.
"W-what the hell!?" he spat upon waking up. He wasn't sure if it was the liquid's medicinal properties that had woken him up, or just its disgusting flavour...
Ray stared blankly upward at Azumi for a bit, trying to remember where he was and what he was doing... When he finally managed to recall, he made a frantic, wildly unsuccessful attempt at getting up, which resulted in him collapsing right back into the position he woke up in...
"D-did the pincer work?" he asked, on-edge... "Are my pokemon okay? Are you okay?"

Alejandro said proud"Everything that I do is splendid!Sceptile,Leaf Blade!"His Sceptile nodded and began slashing at foes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"T-thank you *cough**cough*Oti'....."Michael managed to say with a faint blush."And also....Thank you....Spirit...."Then,he signled Alex to come over.
"Michael!Are you okay?"She said worried."You held up your hand to say that you're 'fine',but I knew you weren't!But anyway,what do you need?"
"I need you....to use my...Poke*cough*mon to bat...tle..."
"Understood!Lickilicky,Kim,help me!"A Lickilicky and a Politoed rushed to her side.They began attacking every Tempest grunt in sight,along with Jodi,Tyler,Mr. and Mrs. Kanlope.In the meantime,Michael stared at Otis when nobody was looking.

Azumi laughed while she cleaned Ray's mouth, "I haven't seen someone spit up like that since Maker was three." Two grunts came in carrying a third one more who was passed out. They stood in front of Azumi, waiting instructions.
"Put him over there and begin cleaning his wounds, I will be there shortly." Azumi told them as they moved the unconscious grunt. "The attack is still going on..." She told Ray as she took off her sweater and began to fold it, "But your Pokemon are fine. They are pretty strong." She replaced her lap with her sweater, "Wait here, I have to attend others."
Azumi got up and went to the newly arrived grunt, the other two had been cleaning his wounds like she told them to. Just then, a tempest grunt came in with a primeape in his arms. The primeape was crying while holding it's arm and the tempest grunt looked around desperately, "Anybody a doctor? Please! My primeape is hurt!"
A few rocket grunts stood up getting ready to battle, but Azumi scolded them "What are you doing?! The primeape is injured! Bring him over here!"
The rocket grunts looked at each other confused until one told Azumi, "But... He is with tempest..."
"And you're with team rocket! Does it really matter right now? Bring that poor creature now or I will make sure YOU need medical treatment!" Azumi responded with rage in her eyes.
The grunts obeyed and helped the tempest grunt bring the primeape close to Azumi, who had set up near the other injured Pokemon to check it's injuries. The primeape was laid down, while it struggled and cried in pain. "I tried a full restore but it didn't work." The tempest grunt told Azumi.
"That only heals superficial wounds, a broken arm..." She said pointing at the arm the primeape was holding, "that needs medical attention. I'm sorry but I'm not a doctor, I can help with the pain and some of the more simple stuff. Something like this needs a hospital." She sprayed some liquid on the Pokemon, which made it cry out more and it punched Azumi in the chest, making her fall backwards.
The tempest grunt rushed to control his Pokemon while a rocket grunt helped Azumi up. She struggled to breath, but got close to the primeape again to continue working.

Maker looked around, the number of tempest grunts was increasing again. "This is too much!" She complained as she looked around, "Hey Alejandro , we can't keep this up for ever! Someone needs to take out their leader, otherwise they won't stop coming!" She gave Eve a sitrus berry, "any ideas?"

"Maybe my Magmar and your Pokemon could combine their fire power and make a path."Alejandro said punching a grunt."We'll leave my other Pokemon to guard the gate,they can handle themselfs.In the meantime,we run to the source of the Tempest wave,where the leader could be.Maybe we can make it.What do you think?"

"Leave Charo behind?" She looked over at her Charizard who was smashing his tail against some grunts. "Yeah, he will be fine."
Maker looked ahead, there was an Alley across the street. "Ok, let's head for that alley, whenever you're ready!" She pointed ahead of her while Eve took a battle stand.

Azumi finished putting bandages on the primeape's arm. But, more injured people and Pokemon were arriving. Azumi turned to the office workers who were hiding and watching everything.
"Listen up! We need help treating the wounded. I would greatly appreciate any assistance from any of you." She looked around hoping for someone to volunteer, but they all just avoiding making eye contact with her. Azumi turned around disappointed, she rushed to a nearby grunt who was badly hurt and began treating him. The pain in her chest and ribs was increasing, but she bit her lip to hold it down.
More tempest grunts began to arrive asking for help and some helping out the injured. One of the rocket grunts that had been helping her since the start, walked up to her and said "You look hurt..." He took the tools from her hands, "Go rest. We got this." He smiled to reassure what he had said.
Azumi sighed, as if defeated, and walked away. She went back with Ray and laid his head on her lap. She didn't say anything, she was to tired to.

Alejandro smiled proudly as Maker agreed to his plan.He nodded to Magmortar,who hopped in front of him,right next to Eve."NOW!"He yelled as his Pokemon used Fire Blast,clearing a path.He dashed through the crowd,telling Magmortar to ocasionally attack grunts.They eventually arrived at the source of the Tempest wave,and Alejandro whispered to Maker."Look around for the leader.He must be close."He hid behind a wall,searching the crowd.

Maker bit her lip as she thought of what the proper way to attack would be. She figured in order to get to him, they must go through some grunts first and he probably has more then one Pokemon. "I still have five Pokemon, therefore, I think I should face him in battle, while you get the grunts." She looked at Alejandro to see what he thought of her plan.

"With pleasure!"Alejandro said as he snapped his fingers.Magmortar jumped in front of all of the grunts,with Alejandro behind him.In his Z-Ring there now was a Firium Z.He did a little dance and yelled"USE INFERNO OVERDRIVE!!!!"Magmortar turned into a giant flaming ball and dashed through all of the grunts."Oh yeah!!!"He yelled proud.

It was difficult for Ray to just lie there while he knew his troops were still fighting outside... but for the time being he was literally incapable of getting up, so he didn't have much choice in the matter. He heard Azumi asking the office workers for help, and the silence that ensued, and frowned. He didn't like the thought of her having to do all this work by herself...
From his supine position, Ray managed to grab Corsola's pokeball and sent her out. Having rested a while, she was in decent shape now.
"I need you to be our ambassador" he said, his voice sounding a little hoarse. "We've scared the shit outta these poor office workers, but we could really use their help... As the only cute pokemon in team rocket, could you try to calm them down? Show them we mean no harm?" Corsola nodded cheerily, and began approaching the cowering office workers, doing little dances and sprinkling them with water in an attempt to endear herself to them.
When Azumi returned, Ray noticed that she was looking kind of down...
"You've done more than enough" he told to her. "In this room alone there's at least a dozen people who wouldn't be here anymore if not for you - myself included... so take a break."

As Levan and his gang made their way east, he saw Maker and Alejandro out of the corner of his eye, who appeared to be to be preoccupied taking on a whole troop of tempest grunts by themselves. He ignored them, and continued towards Tempest's base with unfettered resolve...

Azumi took a deep breath, she was beginning to feel the pain from her ribs spread to her chest. She looked around the many people who were hurt and scared.
She looked down at Ray, "You're right. If I pass out, I will be even more useless."
She looked at Ray's injuries, there wasn't anything else she could do to help him. She also watched corsola try and convey the office workers, but it didn't seem to be working.
Just then Winstorm walked in, his Aegislash next to him. He looked around confused, especially when he saw tempest and rocket grunts working together. He examined the room until he noticed Azumi and Ray. He began to walk towards them.
"This isn't good, don't say anything that you shouldn't." Azumi whispered to Ray as Winstorm approached them.
"Ms. Towers, I hope you have a reasonable explanation of this." Winstrom said, looking around the room once more.
"It's quite simple really, people have gotten hurt, so we are helping them." Azumi replied with confidence.
Winstrom starred at Ray, "Isn't he one of the rockets who was leading the attack?"
"Wether he is or not, it doesn't matter, he is my patient." Azumi replied.
"Patient? Then why is he resting on your lap? What makes him different then the rest?" Winstrom said with an annoyed tone of voice.
"Sir, with all do respect, what is your point to this interrogation?" Azumi asked, also getting annoyed.
"I need to know in what conditions I arrested these individuals for when their case is presented in court." Winstorm said proudly.
Azumi sighed, she figured it was going to come to this. She once again replaced her lap with her sweater so that Ray's head could rest on it. She got up and faced Winstorm. "I challenge you to a battle. One on one. Winner decides the fate of these people."
Winstrom starred at Azumi in amazement. After a few seconds he became upset, "As you wish. Just know that I will treat you with the same justice I will treat them!"
"So be it!" Azumi responded, "Let's settle this outside to avoid any trouble here."
"Nonsense!" Winstorm called out as his Aegislash attacked.
Anakin jumped in front of Azumi and stopped the sword's attack with his metal claw. "Are you mad?!" Azumi said pointing at Winstrom.
The knight elite just looked at Azumi. Anakin roared at his opponent while Aegislash prepared to fight in it's attack stand.

Maker rushed towards the trainer with the weird looking houndoom. She stood before him and released her Infernape. "Hey you tempest scrub! You're luck just ran out, you're about to face the greatest fire trainer in history" she said proudly as she pointed at her opponent.

Ray wasn't too familiar with the Kalos elite 4, and so he didn't recognize Winstorm; but one look at the man's haughty expression, and Ray knew that he was NOT someone who he'd get along with...
But despite his overwhelming urge to call in Typhlosion and melt the man's ridiculously ostentatious suit of armour right off, Ray trusted in Azumi's advice and kept quiet. She seemed to be quite confident in handling the situation - although Ray grew worried when she challenged the man to a battle...
When Wilstrom attacked out of the blue, Corsola jumped in surprise and ran back over to Ray who quickly recalled her into her pokeball. He arduously managed to sit himself upright against a nearby wall and watched on anxiously as the battle began...

Enisuss looked over at Maker with a dismissive, slightly-annoyed kind of expression. He didn't even bother to respond to her - he just gestured for Houndoom to send a Fire Blast her way, while he turned his attention to some other part on the battlefield...

"You will regret helping these criminals!" Winstrom yelled, "Cut him down! Sacred sword!"
The Aegislash dashed at the Lucario, it swing it's self at him.
"Bone rush!" Azumi called out.
Anakin created a long bone out of Aurora and used it to stop his opponent's attack. The Aegislash withdrew back to it's starting point.
"Now dark pulse!" Azumi told her Pokemon.
Anakin pointed both paws at the enemy and fired a dark beam towards it.
"Useless! Use king's shield!" Winstrom said.
The Aegislash switched to it's defense position. It created a magic barrier that protected it from the dark pulse.
"Shadow sneak!" Winstrom ordered.
The sword Pokemon disappeared into the floor and reappeared behind Lucario, slashing it's back. Anakin fell on one knee while the ghost Pokemon disappeared again and returned to it's starting point.
"We got the perfect defense and attack Ms. Towers. You can't win." Winstrom said with a smirk.
Azumi watched as her Pokemon got back up. She needed a strategy. The Aegislash once again disappeared.
"Detect!" Azumi said quickly.
This time when the sword reappeared and swung itself at Anakin, the Lucario dodged.
"Now bone rush!" Azumi said.
Anakin, who was now standing behind Aegislash, created another bone and hit the ghost Pokemon as if he was using a baseball bat. The Aegislash flew in the air.
"Now dark pulse!" Azumi called out.
"That won't work!" Winstrom replied.
Anakin shot a dark pulse at his opponent, but it turned to face him and created a king's shield. Stopping the attack and letting it land safely.
Azumi bit her lip, thinking of what she could possibly do.

Eve jumped in front of the fire blast. The flames enveloped around her body and then were absorbed. Eve shook her head, feeling fresh.
"Thanks for the power up!" Maker said sticking her tounge out. "Fire attacks are useless against our flash fire"
Eve prepared to attack while Infernape beat it's chest.
"Show em your match punches!" Maker called out.
Infernape began firing several punches into the air, which turned into sonicbooms heading towards the enemy.

As the battle progressed, Ray came to the realization that Winstrom was no joke... He battled with a level of sophistication that Ray had only seen before in trainers like Lance, and the Indigo elite 4, who'd quashed so many rocket operations back in Johto.
As much as he trusted in Azumi's strength, he was concerned for her, and the outcome of the battle...
But he decided to continue to keep his mouth shut for the moment, and continued to observe from his seat on the floor.

Enisuss, wholly expecting his first attack to incapacitate his foe, was unprepared for Maker's Mach Punches, and so Houndoom was struck by the shock waves and knocked back several feet.
"Hm?"
Enisuss looked back at Maker, even more agitated now...
"Are you not content with battling my subordinates? You want to die by the scythe of the reaper itself, do you? Fine by me!"
Enisuss whistled with his fingers and his Mightyena came running out from the fray, taking a battle-ready stance beside him. Then, in a cloud of black smoke, his Zoroark manifested on his other side.
"Mightyena, use Crunch on the Flareon! Zoroark, Extrasensory on the Infernape!"