• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

Azumi sat down and thought for a while. Blaziken running around could attract attention. She needed to think of a place that was high enough to have helicopter access. "I have an idea. You and Blaziken get on the tallest roof you can find. Then search for a building with helicopter access. There can't be that many here, besides the hospital. Once you find them, we can split up and search them, making our search faster and easier."

"Alright!"Michael said exited"Blaziken,come out!""Blaze!""Okay,I know we've done this before,so let's jump on roofs!"He said as he got up on Blaziken.They jumped on the 30 floor building wich was one of the highest constructions.Michael saw 2 buildings with helipads.One to the north,and one to the south.Then they jumped down and told Azumi"Hey,you see that big building over there to the south?That's where you're going.And I'm going to that one to the north!"

Ray saw Totodile struggling to remove his tablet from the rubble.
"Here, let me help" he said, and sent out Dusknoir. Dusknoir was the strongest (physically) of Ray's pokemon and so the phantom got straight to work removing the heavy pieces of debris that entombed the tablet.
"Hopefully it's not damaged..." Ray worried out loud.

The Totodile managed to move the pieces on the relative area of the tablet. The Crocodile Pokémon slowly grabbed the tablet once the debris was removed with assistance. He slowly dusted off the tablet, as he thought, "Huh... guess the covering looks a little beat up... but it looks like nothing seemed to happen with the main stuff. I hope it's not dead or anything."

The small, flat power button on the right side of the tablet was pressed. The screen slowly booted up from sleep mode, as an exclamation mark was displayed next to a red, outlined battery symbol.

The Totodile slowly placed down the tablet for a brief moment in a gentle manner. He gripped onto his notepad and his pen, as he wrote on the bottom half of the page. When he was finished about a hasty minute later, he showed the page to Ray. Upon closer inspection: the penned text read:

The cover is damaged, but I guess it's better than the device being in that state. The battery appears to be low, likely because it didn't have any light under that huge pile. I'll have to find an area that has a bright source of light to charge this thing up quickly. It doesn't really last as long though... but I mean, it's really handy if you aren't in a place where you can get an easy charge almost anywhere.

"Got it, sent Arcanine for me if anything happens. And please be careful." She patted Michael on head, sent out Arcanine and rode away towards the building.
When she reached it she noticed a ruined sign near the entrance.
"Looks like it might be an office building. Still, better be careful."
She returned Arcanine into his pokeball and walked in. There was no signs of anyone being in that place for a couple of days. She reached the elevator but seemed to be out of order. She began going up the stairs. Near the forth floor a sound was heard from above. She looked up but there was no sing of anyone. As she continued to climb up the stairs, on 13th floor she could see the lights on.
"Okay let's do this." She grabbed Lucho's pokeball and walked to the door leading to floor 13.
She walked and the lights began to flicker. She looked around and saw a girl on the far side of the room.
"Hey are you ok?" Azumi asked, but the girl disappeared along with the lights flickering and she heard a girl's voice whisper, "You're not the one."
Azumi shook her head and looked around, "I must be really tired." She went back to the stairs and began going up again.

"Hmmm... My Dusknoir knows Flash if you want?" Ray suggested. "We might be able to use that to charge it..." An explosion sounded nearby and the shouts of police officers and Tempest soldiers resonated through the alleyway.
"But we may have to put that off for now; I don't think this alleyway is going to be safe for much longer..." Ray started to make his way back to the city gates. "Come on - let's get a vehicle and we can worrying about charging your tablet on the way!"

The Totodile nodded, before he stowed away the notepad and pen back in the pockets of his suit. He grabbed the tablet and swiftly moved towards the city gates with Ray. The crocodile Pokémon booted off the device, as he took in a series of silent breaths. He resisted the urge to rub on his head, while he maintained a tight grip with the tablet.

When Ray emerged from the alleyway he found himself in the midst of a city-wide battle unlike anything he'd ever seen: buildings were on fire, cars were flipped on their sides, and a deadly war raged between hoards of pokemon and their masters. Stray attacks flew to-and-fro in what looked like a fireworks festival gone horribly wrong.
Immediately upon emergence, Ray was attack by a police officer with a Stoutland.
"You never should have come here Tempest scum!" the officer shouted, and the Stoutland came bounding towards Ray in what looked like a Take Down attack.
Ray whipped out Dusknoir and ordered the pokemon to use protect.
"NOIRRR!!!" The ghost-type conjured up a wall of energy and deflected the charging dog pokemon.
The officer appeared more than ready to engage Ray in lethal combat in defence of his city, but to the officer's surprise Ray returned his pokemon and ran in the opposite direction of Tempests advance.
"That's right! You better run!" the officer shouted after Ray. But little did he know, Ray was just trying to find a vehicle...

Ray reached the back ranks of Tempest's army near their initial point of entrance and assessed the vehicles available. Several large, armoured vehicles stood ideally by, but they were surround by several Tempests grunts each. Instead, Ray turned his attention to a somewhat rusty motorcycle with a sidecar bearing the Tempest insignia.
"I guess this'll have to do," he thought.
He hopped into the drivers seat and ignited the engine, beckoning for Totodile get into the sidecar.
"What are you doing, soldier?" one of the Tempest grunts began to approach Ray.
"U-uh, urgent messenge from the front lines! Gotta inform HQ!" As soon as Totodile got in Ray was ready to crank the throttle and get out of there!

Last edited:
Azumi reached the last floor. It was a giant office which was nicely decorated.
"Well there is no one here. I guess I got the wrong building, I better go catch up to Michael."
Azumi left the office and began running down the stairs, hoping to get to Michael before anything happens.

The Totodile quickly followed along with Ray and swiftly got into the sidecar of the motorcycle. The seat was comfortable enough; though more importantly, it was not as short to the point where it would be a hazard for the Totodile's safety. The Totodile held onto his tablet with a firm grip. He was more than ready for Ray to operate the motorcycle. The little Pokémon sat in the sidecar, as he waited for the vehicle to perform its swift course.

Michael got up on Blaziken and they jumped on the roof."Looks like we're going down."He went through the rooftop door and went down the stairs.Then he heard footsteps behind him.He got really tense and was ready to deliver some punches.But,from the corner appeared a small Rattata."Oh.Howdy,lil' guy! Ya searching for food? I have some berries with me that you can eat!" Michael gave the Rattata some berries before watching it walk away."Man,it's really great that it wasn't a Tempest grunt.Eh,let's continue."They continued to look for Aldous' office

As soon as Totodile got into the vehicle Ray hit the gas and the two sped-off toward Lumiose.
Due to Ray's recklessly fast driving, it wasn't long before they reached the city. But despite the fact that Ray was wearing a Tempest uniform, no Tempest members were expected to be returning to Lumiose at this point and, thus, he was wasn't authorized to enter the city. Ray considered this in advance, and so he steered clear of the heavily fortified main gates; instead, opting to enter through an inactive train tunnel he knew about...
Midway through the train tunnel Ray dismounted the motorcycle and continued to proceed on foot.
"There are usually guards near the end of this tunnel" he explained to Totodile. "I want to approach stealthily so that once we're there we can just blend right in..."

Last edited:
Azumi reached the bottom floor of the building. She was about to exit through the main entrance when she saw two tempest grunts patrolling the street.
"I can't go outside through here with those grunts there."
She headed to the back side, but there was only an emergency which might trigger the fire alarm. She went back to the main entrance and decided to wait for the two grunts to go away.
"I hope Michael doesn't mess things up before I get there."

Michael wandered around the top floor for about 5 minutes."Come on,come on!If this is the HQ,Aldous' office is gotta be around here!"Then Michael heard talking in the distance.There was four kids just babling about escaping. (Miles,Ethan,Adrian,Cole)"Ugh,gonna handle them later.But maybe I can distract them."Michael threw a coin in the direction he was going and the kids ran downstairs."That's how it's done!"Then Michael saw a big door with a sign on it"Aldous' office! Nice!"He made sure that the room was clear,then he opened the door."Wait!There might be lasers!"He got some dirt and blew it into the room."Knew it.Wait,there's a disarming sistem!Blaziken,use Ember!"And like that,Blaziken destroyed the mechanism,and got into the room.Where are them?*gasps*Got 'em!"He was about to leave when he realised"I have to give those kids their Pokemon.Wait,they are next to the stairs!"So Michael let the PokeBalls roll all the way over to their trainers.Then they got out of the building and rushed towards Azumi's building.

The Totodile curled up in response to the lightning speed that Ray had with the vehicle. Once the motorcycle had arrived partially through a tunnel, the Totodile slowly got off the sidecar. The crocodile Pokémon took a few silent breaths, as he followed Ray soon after. He gave a slight nod to the man while he continued to hold his tablet. He kept his movements as silent as he could. He took another quiet, lengthy breath in an attempt to regain his composure.

Michael eventually reached Azumi's building.He saw her at the main entrance."Zumi!I got 'em!Here's your Pokemon with that really weird name!"He tossed over the PokeBall to Azumi."Now,finally!Pyroar,come out!"He threw his PokeBall high up in the air to reveal a lion-looking Pokemon"PYROOAAR!!!!!!!"Michael queitly yelled."*talking really fast*OMGOMGIcan'tbelieveyou'refinallyhere!I missed you sooooo much!!!!""Pyroar!"Pyroar yelled exited."Okay,we'll catch up later!Let's jam!"

"Really? Again?!" Azumi cried out as the two tempest grunts outside saw Michael arrive. They both turned alarmed and ran away quickly, disappearing around a corner.
Azumi got her pokeball and placed it in her pocket. She left the building and walked to the middle of the street and yelled at Michael, "Now they know we are here!" She sighed and looked around, they needed to hide before the grunts returned with backup.

Ray walked by the grunts guarding the tunnel as casually as he could, trying to appear as though he was one of them. He played the part of a guard whose shift had just ended, and who was preparing to leave for the day. Thankfully Ray's nonchalant behaviour, coupled with the Tempest uniform he was wearing, managed to deceive the grunts and no one gave him a second look as he strode through the remainder of the tunnel into Lumiose city.
Ray continued to travel at a laid-back pace, not wanting to look frantic or out-of-place.
"A-alright! We're in!" he whispered to Totodile. "Now to the HQ... We should keep up the guise of Tempest grunts for as long as we can, so just stay calm and act natural."

"And again,I knew this would happen."Michael said really relaxed."Don't worry so much,Zumi. I'm gonna get them with Flame Charge.Right,Pyroar?""Pyroar!"Pyroar's body began to light up on fire,but Michael didn't seem to mind.They dashed to catch the grunts that were cowardly running away.When they got back,the grunts were laying on Pyroar's back unconcious."See?I told ya not to worry so much.I can handle it.I wasn't born yesterday."

Azumi sighed in frustrated as a big group of grunts came out of the opposite corner. "I'm starting to dislike you Michael." Azumi said as another group from another corner showed. It looked like the grunts had managed to radio for backup before Michael go to them.
"Come into the building!" She yelled out as she ran back into the office building she had just left.

"Ugh,who do you think you are?Talking like that to a kid who lives at a ranch?Unbelieveble!"Michael thought angry at Azumi's response.He got Pyroar back in his PokeBall.Then,he got on Blaziken's shoulders and said"Buh-bye,Zumi!".Blaziken jumped on the roof of the building,while using Fire Spin,wich knocked out half of the grunts.When they got on the roof,Michael called back out Pyroar,Diggersby and Marshtomp."Py,use Flamethrower!Blaze,use Fire Spin!Marsh,use Hydro Pump!Digger,use Hyper Beam!"And like that,they knocked out so many grunts,that only 2 remained."Man,they gotta be the smart ones since they dodged instead of just looking in terror.Now,keep attacking until you knock them out!"But,they dodged every attack."Ugh,'Zumi might need to handle 'em."

Last edited:
Aldous had been busy coordinating the attack on Coumarine remotely from his office. A surveillance chopper provided him with a bird's-eye view of the city streamed wirelessly to a monitor before him, and he oversaw the battle like a game of chess. His military tactics were sharp, and Tempest was on the verge of capturing the city.
But before Aldous could rejoice in his impending victory his head of security came knocking at the door.
"E-excuse me sir, there's something I think you should see..."
"What!? Right now!? Can't you tell that I'm in the middle of something important!? Coumarine is ours for the taking - can't it wait!?"
"W-well, take a look and for yourself..." The head of security held out a tablet displaying security footage of Micheal taking on hoards of grunts, while Azumi tried to convince him to hide.
"What's going on here!?"
"T-two of the trainers who previously escaped us have returned to Lumiose... They've reclaimed their pokemon and are proving to be quite a nuisance..." the head of security responded.
"Hmph. How annoying. Well, I think you know what needs to be done: send Enisuss to deal with them..."
Aldous returned to his monitor to close out the capture of Coumarine, confident that the threat of the rouge trainers would be promptly dealt with by the aforementioned Enisuss: one of Tempest's most powerful officers. ((ooc: I'll write for him when the time comes!))

Last edited:
"Ugh,I"m soooo done with this!"Michael thought angry as the Tempest grunts kept dodging his attacks."Okay guys,where taking this to the next level!Pyroar,you'll use Flame Charge on one of the grunts,Blaziken,you'll use Flare Blitz on the other. Marshtomp,you'll use Waterfall to help you,me and Digger get back down.But use it after Blaze and Py are at a reasonable distance."And with those words,Blaziken and Pyroar knocked out the remaining guards,and Michael,Diggersby and Marshtomp got down safely.Then Michael went to Azumi"'Zumi!Stop being a coward and come out!I defeated the grunts!WITHOUT YOUR HELP!Do you still think I can't handle myself?!Huh?"

Last edited:

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis had been traveling with Azumi and Michael for awhile, and was really happy to get her last Pokemon back. She didn’t have time to send out Nia when more grunts started to come their way. Otis quickly ran inside with Azumi, while her Serperior was still outside. She yelped a bit when Michael came in, “What been going on with you two?” She then walked outside, and threw Nia’s Pokeball into the air. It glowed a bright red, and a Whirlipede landed on the ground softly. Otis then bolted over to Nia, hugging her tightly. Spirit slithered over to the two, and Joey was right next to her. “I’m so happy to be back with all of you!” Otis said, hugging all her Pokemon.

"Awwwwwwww,reunion!"Michael said as he saw Otis and her Pokemon."Okay,enough with the sappy stuff Oti'!We gotta jam."Michael said as he left the city."Hey,'Odi!Guess what,I've got yo last Pokemon!"Michael told Jodi exited."Really!That's really cool!"Jodi responded with joy.Then,she took the PokeBall from Michael's hand."Come out,everyone!"From the PokeBalls emerged her Glaceon,a Nuzleaf and a Teddiursa. Then they all hugged each other."Hey 'Odi,I want you to have your bro's Pokemon.Do you want it?""Do you think I can handle it?"" 'Course you can.""Then yes!"Jodi took the other PokeBall,and threw them into the air which revealed a Dragonair. Then,it got into the hug too.

Last edited:

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis looked up at Michael, and nodded. “Okay guys, let’s have one epic adventure like we used to have!” She then ran after Michael with Joey flying behind her, Spirit slithering right next to her, and Nia rolling around ahead of them. “So, what do we do now? We have all our Pokemon, so what now?” Otis asked once she and her Pokemon arrived at where Michael and Jodie were.

"First,we wait for Azumi to catch up,then......then...."Michael said unsure of what to do next."We can go to another safe house. Oooooh!Maybe we can go to my ranch!And if you complain that it's disgusting,I'll get a Sharpedo to bite your face off."Michael aggressively told Otis."It's nice there. We've got Politoed,Swablu,Seedot,Numel,Axew,Raichu,Minccino,and much more."

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Hmm, a ranch doesn’t sound too bad. And if you send your Sharpedo after me then Spirit will probably K.O it before it ever reaches me.” She shot a cheeky smile at Michael, and Spirit even laughed a little. Otis then looked off into the distance, “Or maybe we could go to my house, I live in a pretty cottage with my mother, Lily.” She looked back at Michael and Jodie, and Nia started a conversation with Joey.

"Yeah,my brother's got a Magmortar too."Michael muttered."But still,I said it first!Everyone who wants to go at my house,raise your hand!"Everyone of his Pokemon raised its hand,and so did Jodi and her Pokemon."We win,you lose!HA!"Michael said with a smirk."Now,what's taking 'Zumi soooooooo long?"He said impatient.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Well, Nia knows Rollout, which is a Rock Type move, so it’s super effective against Fire Types!” Otis said, bragging a bit. When she saw everyone else raise their hands, she sighed. “Oh come on! What can we even do at a ranch?” Otis asked, sitting down on the ground. “And be patient!”

"Well,we can do farm work,city gal."Michael said satisfied."And plus,my bro also has a Steelix,which resists,and it's good against Rock."Michael said with a smirk."But still,what is Azumi doing?!Is she learning street dance or something?!"Michael said annoyed."And plus,if you come at my ranch,I'll make you Snivy cupcakes!"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Maybe I will catch a Ground Type! Then I could totally beat you with it!” Otis challenged, staring right at Michael. “And why do we have to do farm work for the rest of our lives?” She complained quietly. Then she heard Michael mention Snivy cupcakes. “Will they be chocolate cupcakes?”

Last edited:
"Wow,you just sold yourself-I mean,they can be chocolate on the inside,and they can have Snivy appearance.Or maybe you want them to look like Scolipede. Or Unfezent. Or maybe Swadloon. You can choose."Michael told Otis.He was satisfied that Otis is ready to sell herself for some cupcakes.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Hmm, what about... make all of them look like the members of my team?” She smiled a bit, and Joey flapped up to sit in her lap. Then she heard something in the ground, and Joey looked at a small crack that had appeared in the ground. Then a Trapinch suddenly came chomping out of the ground, eating away at some dirt. Joey, who was surprised, fell onto his back to avoid getting bitten. Nia looked over and so did Spirit. “Whoa! A Ground Type! I’ve seen some Trapinchs in the Unova Region.” Otis then gestured for Spirit to come over to her side. The Trapinch then hopped out of the ground, looking at everyone. It let out a growl, and leaped at Nia. It bit one of Nia’s antennas, and she then threw the Trapinch off of herself. She aimed a VenoShock at it, and soon the poison hit it’s target. Thought it didn’t do much damage.

"Woah,there!You wanna catch it?"Michael asked Otis surprised."I mean...I can bake the cupcakes but...about the Trapinch...You can go ahead if you want.I've had enough experience with Trapinch in my life.Or if you don't,I can Fire Spin it away."He snapped his fingers and Blaziken got ready to attack."Well?Ya want it or not?"

Ray reached Tempest's headquarters and entered through the front doors without any resistance. The atmosphere of the main lobby was actually quite cheery; news of Tempest's impending victory in Coumarine city had spread, and so the members of Tempest seemed to be in high spirits. Ray immediately began to walk toward the server room, hoping that Totodile being able to hack in and retrieve some valuable information...

~~~Meanwhile in Lumiose City~~~

A menacing-looking man with long black hair arrived at the aftermath of the battle between Micheal and the grunts. It appeared as though the trainers were no longer there, however... The man knelt down and assessed the scarring left on the asphalt from the battle; using his expert knowledge of tracking he determined which way Micheal must have gone.
He radioed in to Aldous:
"I've picked up his trail - it won't be long before the situation is dealt with..."

Last edited:
"You know what?I'll just leave you to it."Michael said impatient.He called back his Pokemon and walked over to a tree and climbed it to rest while waiting for Azumi."Ugh,what is taking her so long."Then he glanced over at Otis and her Pokemon freaking out about the Trapinch.Then he started to blush a little,while smiling."Wait,did I just...SMILE???!!!"He thought confused."Eh,I think it'll go away eventually."

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Of course I want to catch it!” She said, smiling. Otis then pointed towards the Trapinch, and Spirit zoomed over to it. She then made huge leaves, and sent them towards the Trapinch. All the leaves hit it, and it fell to the ground. Otis quickly threw a Pokeball at it. One shake, two shakes, captured! She quickly ran over and picked up the Pokeball. Otis sent out the Trapinch, and noticed something. “Hmm, this Trapinch is female... so I’ll name her Clara!” She then hugged Clara, and the rest of her Pokemon started to talk with each other.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Maybe.” She simply said as she snuggled with all her Pokemon. Otis then gave one last hug to Clara before standing up and returning all her Pokemon into their Pokeballs, but she kept Nia out. “Nia could go find Azumi, she is very fast and her antennas help her locate all kinds of things!”