• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed BTU Sign-Ups

How should the result of battles between players be decided?

• Pokémon Showdown

• Role play

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you really want me to, then I suppose I can have that come into play since my character is going to the Nurse’s Office soon. (You’ll see once the post comes.)

I prefer to have some of my characters get their Pokémon in uncommon ways instead of just having said person handing it over to them like in most core games.

That’s totally fine. No rush on it, just something to keep in mind.

All of you will have a regional studies class That does fieldwork or you can catch Pokémon from other Regions

Still room ?
Name: Alexis
Year: One
Description:
Physical Description :
Alexis stands at 5'2" not your average tall height and weighs 105 pounds. She has blue eyes, yellow skin and a round face. Her hair was originally light grey but she dyed it pink cause of personal reasons
Clothing :
She wears colorful clothes, a red cap on designed by her, it has a drawing of a Rayquaza between a Kyogre and Groudon. She wears a light blue T-shirt and covers it with a red-ish tinted yellow jacket. She wears a pair of black leather sneakers , dark blue jeans.
Pokémon: Petilil (Female), Wooper (Male), Houndour (Male)

Still room indeed :). I’ll change the header to closed when we’re too far along for new players.
You’ll be in girls dorm room 319.

Name: Chris
Description: Chris is 5'5" and is extremely light for his age, weighing only 101 lbs. He has short, black hair, dark brown eyes, and yellow skin.
Clothing: He always wears a thick, red raincoat no matter how hot it is outside. Underneath his jacket, he usually wears a green T-shirt with a Serperior on it. Chris also wears black sweatpants and red sneakers.
Pokémon: Snivy, Buizel, Zorua

I'm late I know. (First post, yay. Also, first RP.)

Name: Henry Cross
Description: 5'6. Nothing special physically, just average. Wears an olive green hoodie with a white T-Shirt underneath, grey pants and sneakers. Short dark brown hair and green eyes, fair skin.
Pokémon:
- Axew (Male)
- Staryu
- Fletchling (Female)

Edit: Switched Froakie to Staryu for the sake of diversity.

Last edited:
Alright, here is the other bio for the other Pokémon of mine since I will be introducing him in my next post. As a heads up, I will likely not be online as much tomorrow because I am taking a exam. I will most likely be online and happy to RP at around 14-15 / 2-3 PM Pacific time.

Name: His name is currently unknown, but will be revealed soon in the RP.
Species: Squirtle / Tiny Turtle Pokémon
Age: His age is currently unknown, though he does seem young in spite of his smarts he has.
Appearance: Squirtle is roughly two inches shorter and a couple pounds lighter than the average size for his species. He is often seen carrying around a camera-like device with somewhat bigger lens than usual that is capable of snapping photos and detecting thermal signatures through walls up to ten feet away. As a result of getting treated by the Nurse recently, he has on a light layering of white bandages snugly wrapped around the top of his head, and his left arm. There is a double layering of modest brown bandages carefully placed on his center area of his bottom shell to cover the area and promote healing, as the bandages are secured with transparent surgical tape.
Personality: [To be revealed in the RP soon.]
Ability: Torrent (Increases the potency of Water-based moves if the Pokémon is in trouble.)
Other Info: His combat performance seems to stand out for a Pokémon of his size, as the reason behind this will be revealed sooner or later depending if the correct trigger is used for the conversation to uncover this.

This seems like a cool rp

Name: Clair
Description: Clair is a tall girl and hates herself for this reason, believing no guys will like a tall girl. She has icy blue hair and red eyes. She really loves to wear a large jumper and a skirt, she wears knee high socks and sneakers
Pokémon:
Name: sol
Species: solosis
Appearance: sol looks like a normal solosis just the gel inside it is more of a torques
Ability: overcoat: is reistent to weather effects
Other Info: N/A

Name: Ron
Species: Aron
Appearance: Ron is a very small Pokemon and has a almost black outer layer, aside from that he is just like any other Aron
Ability: sturdy; is able to with hold onto its strength from what would be a 1 hit k.o.
Other Info: he has a disorder where he can eath metal properly so Clair must feed him paper clips and medicate him each day

Name: bel
Species: beldum
Appearance: a normal beldum
Ability: clear body; stats can't becomes by other pokemon
Other info: N/A

Last edited:

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Name: Maxis Alod
Year: three? (Man idk and idc)
Description: He respects his pokemon and other people's pokemon, he wears black clothing (see trainer card)
Pokémon: Jangmo-o (Xena, Male), Elgyem (Elgi, Male), Axew (Slash, Male)

Attachments

• trainercard-Maxis Alod.png
    trainercard-Maxis Alod.png
    28 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I would like everyone to take the poll I just added to this page. In my experience battles between players decided solely by role play are tedious and drag on forever. Using showdown to decide the result of a match and then roleplaying to that conclusion is an effective method that doesn’t detract from the role play experience.

Wait, before I vote, I would just like to ask what Pokémon Showdown is since I have never heard of that before.

I will also likely not be online as much today as stated earlier until the time when I am finished with everything.

i personally wouldnt mind showdown, considering it would make things a bit more fair and be reflective of a person's actual skill with pokemon. i totally get what you mean about rp battles lasting forever, a lot of times both pokemon end up just trying to dodge attacks and it gets nowhere.

but if people prefer rp based battles, i wouldn't mind that. maybe the best way to determine a winner beforehand is either an agreement through a pm convo or a coin flip?

I added roommate listings to the bottom of the description page. Have a look, and let me know if your roommate is innactive so we can do some shuffling around so the more active players are kept together.

Also I probably won’t be replying much for the next 9+ hours. It’s inventory day at the good old restaurant -_-

I already have a bad feeling that showdown might be a bit broken due to the fact that Pokémon can only know a few moves, and it isn’t exactly up to par with battling after thinking about it.

The other thing is that the Squirtle character here is a bit of a higher level because of what I’m going to explain soon in the RP. (Though obedience might be a bit hard because of that since well, yeah.)

@anamarjorie you can check the first post of the thread for most of the information. the rp basically just started, so there's not much going on atm. it's the evening of the first day, and most everyone is moving into their dorm rooms or exploring campus before any classes start.

Name:Inna Gora
Description:A tall woman that might be a little chubby but overal good weight,she has light brown hair that she chooses to be aways medium and brown eyes,she is norrmaly saw with a white hoodie and black pants
Pokémon: (three unevolved pokemon):poochyena[female] Vulpix[male] Skitty [female]

Last edited:
You need a 3rd Pokémon and you’re approved. Check the roommate list and find someone without a room mate and claim that room on here and you’re good to go. I
Also everyone please be sure to answer the poll.

I’m thinking if you can decide on an outcome here in discussion chat then you can have a Pokémon showdown match to determine a winner.

I already have a bad feeling that showdown might be a bit broken due to the fact that Pokémon can only know a few moves, and it isn’t exactly up to par with battling after thinking about it.

The other thing is that the Squirtle character here is a bit of a higher level because of what I’m going to explain soon in the RP. (Though obedience might be a bit hard because of that since well, yeah.)
Showdown will only be for determining the outcome. How the two players want to role play/represent that is completely up to them.