• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Blades of Azoth (Medieval Fantasy RP Discussion/Sign-Ups)

Which inspiration for this RP do you folks like the most?

• Dungeons and Dragons (Major inspiration)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Fire Emblem (Major inspiration)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Tales of Vesperia (Minor inspiration)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (Minor inspiration)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just to tell you all what I'm doing...
Prince Ven (Godjacob) will be bringing Lily (me), Gwen (Rohan), Zephyr (Crims0n) and Jasper (Sailor) into battle. He'll have other units, of course, but these four will be his hand-picked units. Named character privilege and all.
Shard (me) will be this foreign ambassador that Pixel (me) and Pearl (Sailor) will be searching for on behalf of the Prince.
Almost all of the Yantarlian units will be introduced in this beginning section, and the rest will join this main group as things go along. Neutral characters wouldn't be on the side of the army yet, so that might happen during the battle, but I'll be creating a disposable enemy character the party can deal with as the "boss" of this opening bit.

Just to tell you all what I'm doing...
Prince Ven (Godjacob) will be bringing Lily (me), Gwen (Rohan), Zephyr (Crims0n) and Jasper (Sailor) into battle. He'll have other units, of course, but these four will be his hand-picked units. Named character privilege and all.
Shard (me) will be this foreign ambassador that Pixel (me) and Pearl (Sailor) will be searching for on behalf of the Prince.
Almost all of the Yantarlian units will be introduced in this beginning section, and the rest will join this main group as things go along. Neutral characters wouldn't be on the side of the army yet, so that might happen during the battle, but I'll be creating a disposable enemy character the party can deal with as the "boss" of this opening bit.

Arsa: This Yantarlian propaganda campaign makes me sick!

Sounds simple enough to work. I will reply to it when I can. Still battling the flu here but feeling better than yesterday and so on so...progress XD

Arsa: I'd prefer if we were not the clear cut villains here with an obviously evil tyrant in charge of things who starts wars just because. Hard to have anything I say in support of my people not sound like nonsense knowing who I fight for here.

Now I want to create a sympathetic Fighter character the party will have to fight, like in Chapter 10 of Awakening...

Trying to make the party feel guilty huh? XD

I mean for all we know that evil king is making it sound like taking over the world is going to clear their debt and result in an economic revolution

I think being called "the evil king" by the rest of the world might be a giveaway that that doesn't work too well XD.

But I will work on coming up with Arsa's own reasons for being loyal to the "wrong" side here to try and make her slightly better XD.

A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES

Name: Giles Gillenix
Species: Human
Class: Fighter
Appearance: Giles has messy orange hair, light blue eyes and slightly tanned skin, Giles wears a dark red sleeveless undershirt, with a dark brown leather chestplate over it that is strapped together at his shoulders. He also wears dark red pants that seem to be way too big for him, and are pretty much strapped to him by the leather belt around his waist, as well as a sheath hanging from his waist that he uses to hold his axe. Or any spare axes he manages to accrue. Never know when you’ll need more axes.
Personality: Giles, having come from a rather underprivileged background, could be described as immature, in the sense that he is rather naive, and easily tricked and fooled. He’s pretty much lived his entire life in the bubble of Infernian culture, and really knows nothing much about the rest of the world aside from that. As a result, despite his naive loyalty and blind faith in his leaders cause, he is really easily impressed, as well as easily distracted. New experiences awaken the childlike curiosity that still lingers inside him, so he’s extremely positive about combat, with Infernian invasions being essentially the best holidays he’s ever had. Used to not having much and the odds being stacked against him, Giles maintains a constant positive faith and spirit despite that. Another thing to note is his interest in magic and those who learn it- Magic, to him, is like, well... magic, and he has no idea how it works, but even the smallest instances of it amaze him.
Equipment: The small amount of leather armour he has.
Weapons: A simple medieval style battle-axe (actually possible for him to throw, however... he’s not exactly very good at that.)
Positive Attributes: Strength, Constitution - Manual labour and lots of training for combat has made these his obvious strong points.
Negative Attributes: Intelligence, Wisdom - These should be obvious enough. Giles is not the most scholarly person to put it lightly, and he has a distinct lack of cultural awareness, as well as his trademark obliviousness to things he doesn’t understand.
Backstory:
Raised by a working class family, far away from the politics, war and inner workings of Infernia, Giles was content with his life of surprisingly gruelling manual labour. However, one day a visiting uncle, a member of the Infernian Army, told him great stories of his time in military service, and the world beyond Infernia that Giles scarcely even knew existed. Realising that fighting in the Army would be more difficult, sure, but far more rewarding than his current life, Giles’ discontent grew and grew, until he eventually left his family to join the military himself, despite his father’s disapproval. Unbeknownst to Giles, that same uncle later perished in combat, and his brother, Giles’ father, only wants to save his son from a similar fate.
Family: His Mother (Jain), his Father (Garth), his Uncle (Jax), and his younger brother (Gerald)
Friends: He gets along... decently well with fellow Fighters in the Infernian Army, however is not considered to be anywhere near the sharpest tool in the shed, and as a result has a lack of these.
Homeland: Infernia
Allegiance: Infernian Army
Extra:

Giles: Well I think it was a perfectly nice and quaint little village, and I’m very glad I got to visit it.

I love him already. Approved!

Y'know, I think that's our first Fighter... If anyone feels like creating one, we could have the Fighter be a resident of Mossley Village, and have them join the main party during this opening event! Ideally not one of the people who already have a character at the start of the RP.

A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES

Name: Giles Gillenix
Species: Human
Class: Fighter
Appearance: Giles has messy orange hair, light blue eyes and slightly tanned skin, Giles wears a dark red sleeveless undershirt, with a dark brown leather chestplate over it that is strapped together at his shoulders. He also wears dark red pants that seem to be way too big for him, and are pretty much strapped to him by the leather belt around his waist, as well as a sheath hanging from his waist that he uses to hold his axe. Or any spare axes he manages to accrue. Never know when you’ll need more axes.
Personality: Giles, having come from a rather underprivileged background, could be described as immature, in the sense that he is rather naive, and easily tricked and fooled. He’s pretty much lived his entire life in the bubble of Infernian culture, and really knows nothing much about the rest of the world aside from that. As a result, despite his naive loyalty and blind faith in his leaders cause, he is really easily impressed, as well as easily distracted. New experiences awaken the childlike curiosity that still lingers inside him, so he’s extremely positive about combat, with Infernian invasions being essentially the best holidays he’s ever had. Used to not having much and the odds being stacked against him, Giles maintains a constant positive faith and spirit despite that. Another thing to note is his interest in magic and those who learn it- Magic, to him, is like, well... magic, and he has no idea how it works, but even the smallest instances of it amaze him.
Equipment: The small amount of leather armour he has.
Weapons: A simple medieval style battle-axe (actually possible for him to throw, however... he’s not exactly very good at that.)
Positive Attributes: Strength, Constitution - Manual labour and lots of training for combat has made these his obvious strong points.
Negative Attributes: Intelligence, Wisdom - These should be obvious enough. Giles is not the most scholarly person to put it lightly, and he has a distinct lack of cultural awareness, as well as his trademark obliviousness to things he doesn’t understand.
Backstory:
Raised by a working class family, far away from the politics, war and inner workings of Infernia, Giles was content with his life of surprisingly gruelling manual labour. However, one day a visiting uncle, a member of the Infernian Army, told him great stories of his time in military service, and the world beyond Infernia that Giles scarcely even knew existed. Realising that fighting in the Army would be more difficult, sure, but far more rewarding than his current life, Giles’ discontent grew and grew, until he eventually left his family to join the military himself, despite his father’s disapproval. Unbeknownst to Giles, that same uncle later perished in combat, and his brother, Giles’ father, only wants to save his son from a similar fate.
Family: His Mother (Jain), his Father (Garth), his Uncle (Jax), and his younger brother (Gerald)
Friends: He gets along... decently well with fellow Fighters in the Infernian Army, however is not considered to be anywhere near the sharpest tool in the shed, and as a result has a lack of these.
Homeland: Infernia
Allegiance: Infernian Army
Extra:

Giles: Well I think it was a perfectly nice and quaint little village, and I’m very glad I got to visit it.
Looks cool. Maybe Pearl could teach him about magic if Infernia vs Yantarlia eventually calms. :3

Adrian is likely going to join the Yantarlian for reasons you'll find in his bio.
Pearl: Infernian. Watch yourself around the Prince and Princess. *Blushes.*
Me: :? Why blush? You already supposed to be---
Pearl: Shut up! SPOILERS. Idiot! >=O
Me: :@:o:? Control yourself.
Pearl: *Makes fist.* You...>:D>=O
Me: Mistakes were made....
*Sailor regrets the statements for Pearl to control herself.* ;_;