• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Blades of Azoth (Medieval Fantasy RP Discussion/Sign-Ups)

Which inspiration for this RP do you folks like the most?

• Dungeons and Dragons (Major inspiration)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Fire Emblem (Major inspiration)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Tales of Vesperia (Minor inspiration)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (Minor inspiration)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
...I mean. It's a flying city. Flying engines like that aren't exactly common. Unless Arc is some sort of mechanical genius I highly doubt he built himself a plane and left.

Maybe his dad just wasn't on the city when it went into the sky in the first place? Or the same applies to Arc when he was a kid, and he's never actually seen his homeland in the sky?

What classes have not been taken yet?
Talking exclusively the base classes, we have a Dragon Sorcerer, two Fey Sorcerers, two Mages, a Pegasus Knight, a Knight and two Archers. We also have a Sorcerer and an Assassin. Base classes not yet taken are Lord, Cavalier, Thief and Fighter. We are going to need at least one Lord before the RP begins, since we need someone to make the Yantarlian Prince due to him meeting Shard very early on and how many of our characters have relationships reflecting on him. Of course, feel free to make multiple characters.

Fighters do need to use axe-type weapons, but I suppose I could allow common farming tools and the like as viable options as well, such as pitchforks and spades. But for the most part, battle-hardened and war-focused Fighters do use axes.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Before we make people under the royal family, we should actually make the royal family
We already have a Princess
The King of Yantarlia is fighting Infernia
Eevee is asking for a Yantarlian Prince
If there's a princess and a prince, then there's obviously a queen, the king's wife

There's the royal family already

Name: Ignette
Species: fairy
Class: fey sorcerer
Appearance: Ignette has normal size for a fairy. She has blue skin, black eyes with yellow irises, a pair of antennae and messy white hair. Her fairy wings are black. She wears black tunic and shorts. She can use magic to turn herself into the size of a human kid.
Personality: Ignette is a mischieful fairy. She view human civilization as interesting since she grew up in isolated settlement. She likes to be praised.
Equipment: her clothes.
Weapons: she has has three fey scrolls. Black powder(she spread flammable black powder. With high concentration, can be turned into poison by adding a little drop of water), fire breath (fire blast from her hands), Inticore (shoot a magical sphere over a very long range that can cause massive explosion. Need long time to cast and she can't cast another spell after using this spell until she get enough rest). She also carries a blowpipe with poisoned darts for a less heated encounter.
Positive Attributes: Dexterity and intelligence(quick to act and quick to think).
Negative Attributes: constitution (squishy).
Backstory: After her settlement wiped out. She started an aimless journey. She acidentally helped inferian army to take over a village and was praised by the captain. After that, she join infernian army.
Family: none
Friends: none
Homeland: She came from the Far North. Unexplored land with eternal darkness and rampaging blizzard preventing most intelligent being from living there.
Allegiance: Infernia
Extra: Dried fish is her favorite food.

I also want to make another character from Yantarlia... @SailorInSpace do your princess needs an attendant? >:D

Last edited:
What characteristics for this prince do you desire? I suppose I can take up this mantle with him.
All we really need from him is a noble heart that makes other respect him - and in Lily's case, get a crush on him. Aside from that, go wild! Ideally he's in between his late teens and early adult years.
Appearance: Ignette has normal size for a fairy. She has blue skin, black eyes with yellow irises, a pair of antennae and messy white hair. Her fairy wings are black. She wears black tunic and shorts. She can use magic to turn herself into the size of a human kid.
Personality: Ignette is blunt and honest. She doesn't really care about other people. Kind of paranoid and usually calm down when she looks into fire.
Weapons: she has has three fey scrolls. Black powder(she spread flammable black powder. With high concentration, can be turned into poison by adding a little drop of water), fire breath (fire blast from her hands), Inticore (shoot a magical sphere over a very long range that can cause massive explosion. Need long time to cast and she can't cast another spell after using this spell until she get enough rest). She also carries a blowpipe with poisoned darts for a less heated encounter.
Positive Attributes: Dexterity and wisdom(quick to act and quick to learn from experience).
Negative Attributes: constitutio(squishy).
Backstory: After her settlement wiped out. She started an aimless journey. She acidentally helped inferian army to take over a village and was praised by the captain. After that, she joined infernian army.
Homeland: She came from the Far North. Unexplored land with eternal darkness and rampaging blizzard preventing most intelligent being from living there.

I also want to make another character from Yantarlia... @SailorInSpace do your princess needs an attendant? >:D
Looks good, approved!

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Name: Zephyr Aurelio
Species: Human
Class: Pegasus Knight
Appearance: Zephyr has a midnight black comb-over hair that contrasts with his green eyes. He has a honey tan skin, averagely built, and a bit on the shorter spectrum of his age, stuck around a 5'9". Underneath the clunk of metal of the armor, Zephyr bears a simple gambeson and padding and the bottom half would consist of a black baggy pants.
Personality: Zephyr has the basic personalities of what a knight generally should have: loyalty and dedication. He has a tendency to find the good in people judging them on their cons. If you can't tell, he's quite gullible, easily trusting others, but also easily forgiving to other. His motive and drive to do well in whatever it is he wants to do is to represent his family name well.
Equipment: His Pegasus Knight Armor of course, but also his Pegasus stallion: Apollo
Weapons: Steel tipped lance
Positive Attributes: Dexterity and Constitution - He has a sharp eye that allows him to react to any situation quickly and can take hits really well, making him quite durable, allowing him to last longer on the battlefield.
Negative Attributes: Intelligence - His gullibleness mainly contributes to this. He can't tell when someone's about to back-stab him figuratively and literally.
Backstory: Growing up into a noble family of knights, it was obvious that Zephyr was going to have a life within the Yantarlian army. Both his mother and father were top knights during their generation, but now they retired, but kept their noble titles. His father helps assists on teaching the Yantarlian Knights and prepares them for war with other instructors while his mother is the head of the market and trade for Yantarlia, ensuring the trade with the other kingdoms goes smoothly. Zephyr trained for years with the knights, and only recently had been given the honor of becoming a Pegasus Knight, proving himself to be more capable than most, despite some thinking he got his way up due to being a noble. Quickly going up the ranks, Zephyr is working hard to represent the Aurelio family name as being their first Pegasus knight, and to represent the kingdom well with the war against Infernia.
Family: Aurelio Nobles: Mother (Delphi) and Father (Atlas)
Friends: Most Yantarlian Knights and Pegasus Knights
Homeland: Yantarlia
Allegiance: Yantarlian Army
Extra: Is part of a noble family

Some questions here:
- Is a trident feasible as a weapon for a Pegasus Knight?
- Is the noble family okay? Is it too much?
- Your character Lily Torin, what Pegasus knight upgrade would she be getting? I'll have my character have the other upgrade.
- Overall, tell me is there anything iffy about the bio? I'll change whatever if necessary.

EDIT #1: Fixed accordingly to thread owner
EDIT #2: Added parents name

Last edited:
1) I can't see why not - it's similar enough to a lance. But it is an odd weapon for the military, so some explanation will be needed.
2) Seems good to me!
3) Pegasus Paladin, as I can't see Lily using magic.
4) You described in your strengths part as Zephyr "having a sharp eye and taking hits really well" - the latter relates to constitution, yes, but the former would relate to wisdom, as wisdom is synonymous with perception here. Aside from that, it looks great! Zephyr Aurelio is approved!

Name: Hitoshi
Species: Half-Elf
Class: Archer
Appearance: Average looking Half-Elf, if you could see his face. His cloak has a hood that hides his face and most of his body. He keeps it cool with a hint of navy blue. He will reveal himself later in the story but for now he keeps on a down low.
Personality: Erratic, only he can reason with his allies. He does have a low self esteem but he does not make that a sin, he turns it into leverage for improvement! He is not social around strangers, so try to get to know him or he will be out in a flash. He has a good sense of humor and is uplifting. His emotions change at a very fast pace when dealing with memories.
Equipment: He has goggles for long range, these extend his sight with convex lens, same thing used in magnifying glasses.
Weapons: He has a composite bow but in a medieval wooden style.
Positive Attributes: Dexterity, Charisma
Negative Attributes: Strength, Wisdom (Strength as in weak in physical combat)
Backstory: His life was mostly full of finding who he fitted in with. Most people were pure blood so he just had to be an outgoing guy to get along with others. His mother was an elf so she staid back while he lived with his father in the human kingdoms. He has not seen his mother since he was of two years. The war made it impossible to find his mother so he wants to make peace. Early on we find out that a man by the name of Omoni is putting a burden on him of some kind when it comes to saving people.
Family: Mother and Father
Friends: N/A
Allegiance: N/A
Extra: Somebody caused a Spark of Emotions recently

Last edited:
Personality: Ignette is blunt and honest. She doesn't really care about other people. Kind of paranoid and usually calm down when she looks into fire.
Positive Attributes: Dexterity and wisdom(quick to act and quick to learn from experience).
Negative Attributes: constitutio(squishy).
Backstory: After her settlement wiped out. She started an aimless journey. She acidentally helped inferian army to take over a village and was praised by the captain. After that, she joined infernian army.

Sounds good. The Princess would love one.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
1) I can't see why not - it's similar enough to a lance. But it is an odd weapon for the military, so some explanation will be needed.
2) Seems good to me!
3) Pegasus Paladin, as I can't see Lily using magic.
4) You described in your strengths part as Zephyr "having a sharp eye and taking hits really well" - the latter relates to constitution, yes, but the former would relate to wisdom, as wisdom is synonymous with perception here. Aside from that, it looks great! Zephyr Aurelio is approved!
1) Well for the Trident, i thought it would be unique and make sense to use a trident because Yantarlia is a kingdom based of water correct? A trident is generally used for fishing and what do you know, it’s a pretty good weapon too.
3) And since Lily is going become Paladin, Zephyr is going to be a mage, a think a trident would be fine to transfer magic through right? Just like tomes or staff.
4) I read online that dexterity is mainly eye to hand coordination and wisdom is knowledge and experience. I think dexterity would work more for my character here? Unless i explained it very oddly, so i’m sorry

Name: Serias Cestriam
Species: Sprite
Class: Thief
Appearance: Medium length hair, tied into a pony-tail and darker than as the night itself meticulously cared for and maintained. Mellow brown skin gracing slender appendages attached to a somewhat buxom figure. Bright eyes that flicker frivolously
Personality: Willing to do anything for the right price, Serias is freelancing Thief and Future Assassin. To her, everything is for sale, so long as an appropriate price can be met. Her life, fealty, even the very clothes off her back have a price tag. However, unlike the average Thief, not all Serias’ transactions can be paid in cash. While everything certainly has a price, there isn’t enough money on the planet to buy her life -after all, what use have the deceased for wealth? She strives to complete any mission she takes and will use any means available to do just that. She places immense value on her ‘contracts’ and will never break one she’s made. However, should the contract be faulty for any reason e.g. inaccurately provided information, the payment will need to be reassessed.

When disregarding her doctrine, Serias is a mischievous and flirty woman who takes pride in her skills. She aspires to one day live a life of leisure and posh, but only after she’s had her fill of danger and excitement.

Equipment: Lockpicking set, Grappling Hook, Cloak.
Weapons: Daggers, Needles, Throwing Knives.
Positive Attributes: Dexterity ++
Negative Attributes: Strength
Backstory: Born of a tryst between Fairy mother and a father whose origins she’s never known, Serias grew up on the move as her mother taught her the laws of nature. Namely the principle that everything in life has a price. Unhealthy behavior is rewarded with illness. Hard-work produces results. This doctrine was something Serias cranked up to 11 and took very literally.
Family: Mother (Fairy), Father (???)
Homeland: Canyotopia
Allegiance: Anyone willing to pay the right price.
Extra: N/A

Not Awesome. That throws a total wrench into my super-dex assassin. Hmm, can I get a quick run-down on what each of the attributes does?
Basically D&D attributes. Strength is raw power, Dexterity is maneuverability and reflexes, Constitution is durability, Intelligence is smarts, Wisdom is perception and insight into certain tasks i.e. animal handling and medicine, and Charisma is people skills stuff.
Name: Hitoshi
Species: Half-Elf
Class: Archer
Appearance: Average looking Half-Elf, if you could see his face. His cloak has a hood that hides his face and most of his body. He keeps it cool with a hint of navy blue. He will reveal himself later in the story but for now he keeps on a down low.
Personality: Erratic, only he can reason with his allies. He does have a low self esteem but he does not make that a sin, he turns it into leverage for improvement! He is not social around strangers, so try to get to know him or he will be out in a flash. He has a good sense of humor and is uplifting.
Equipment: He does have goggles for long range, these extend his sight with convex lens, same thing used in magnifying glasses.
Weapons: He has a composite bow but in a medieval wooden style.
Positive Attributes: Dexterity, Charisma
Negative Attributes: Strength, Wisdom (Strength as in weak in physical combat)
Backstory: His life was mostly full of finding who he fitted in with. Most people were pure blood so he just had to be an outgoing guy to get along with others. His mother was an elf so she staid back while he lived with his father in the human kingdoms. He has not seen his mother since he was of two years. The war made it impossible to find his mother so he wants to make peace.
Family: Mother and Father
Allegiance: N/A

Please tell me if there is anything wrong, it's late where I am so I am still reading the rules and extra things that you didn't explain.

EDIT #1: I might change class because I see a lot of Archers

EDIT #2: Lol nvm, only 2 Archers, I will be the 3rd one!
Looks good to me, approved! Only thing is you might have to wait a bit when the RP starts to start RPing with this character.
1) Well for the Trident, i thought it would be unique and make sense to use a trident because Yantarlia is a kingdom based of water correct? A trident is generally used for fishing and what do you know, it’s a pretty good weapon too.
3) And since Lily is going become Paladin, Zephyr is going to be a mage, a think a trident would be fine to transfer magic through right? Just like tomes or staff.
4) I read online that dexterity is mainly eye to hand coordination and wisdom is knowledge and experience. I think dexterity would work more for my character here? Unless i explained it very oddly, so i’m sorry
1) Fair but it's not quite military grade, so Zephyr will probably have to explain why he has a trident with him on the battlefield.
3) Yeah, a trident would serve as a great magical conduit. Though for that to work, the spell would need to be transcribed on the trident itself.
4) Dexterity is reflexes, but not perception.
Name: Serias Cestriam
Species: Sprite
Class: Thief
Appearance: Medium length hair, tied into a pony-tail and darker than as the night itself meticulously cared for and maintained. Mellow brown skin gracing slender appendages attached to a somewhat buxom figure. Bright eyes that flicker frivolously
Personality: Willing to do anything for the right price, Serias is freelancing Thief and Future Assassin. To her, everything is for sale, so long as an appropriate price can be met. Her life, fealty, even the very clothes off her back have a price tag. However, unlike the average Thief, not all Serias’ transactions can be paid in cash. While everything certainly has a price, there isn’t enough money on the planet to buy her life -after all, what use have the deceased for wealth? She strives to complete any mission she takes and will use any means available to do just that. She places immense value on her ‘contracts’ and will never break one she’s made. However, should the contract be faulty for any reason e.g. inaccurately provided information, the payment will need to be reassessed.

When disregarding her doctrine, Serias is a mischievous and flirty woman who takes pride in her skills. She aspires to one day live a life of leisure and posh, but only after she’s had her fill of danger and excitement.

Equipment: Lockpicking set, Grappling Hook, Cloak.
Weapons: Daggers, Needles, Throwing Knives.
Positive Attributes: Dexterity ++
Negative Attributes: Strength
Backstory: Born of a tryst between Fairy mother and a father whose origins she’s never known, Serias grew up on the move as her mother taught her the laws of nature. Namely the principle that everything in life has a price. Unhealthy behavior is rewarded with illness. Hard-work produces results. This doctrine was something Serias cranked up to 11 and took very literally.
Family: Mother (Fairy), Father (???)
Homeland: Canyotopia
Allegiance: Anyone willing to pay the right price.
Looks great! Approved.

We should be able to start once Godjacob drops his Prince character in.