• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Blades of Azoth (Medieval Fantasy RP Discussion/Sign-Ups)

Which inspiration for this RP do you folks like the most?

• Dungeons and Dragons (Major inspiration)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Fire Emblem (Major inspiration)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Tales of Vesperia (Minor inspiration)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (Minor inspiration)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, uh, I'm planning on adding a character who would be introduced late into the rp, who is an elf, and is supposed to, unlike the other elves so far, actually use some of the more powerful 'technology' the elves have. What class should I make them?

Well, that depends on the type of tech. If it's guns and stuff, you can call them Gunslingers, which I'll add once I'm done what I'm doing as a sort of upgraded class of Archers.

Name: Rinea Heartlock
Species: Elf
Class: Gunslinger
Appearance: A typical elf, with green eyes, and short blonde hair. She has peachy skin.
Personality: Rinea is quite peppy, and optimistic. She also has a few tomboy traits, but also has, due to her uprising, always believed humans to be inferior to Elves, which could be changed under the right circumstances. She also a bit overconfident in a fight, despite her lack of combat experience.
Equipment: Her leg armour, grey shirt, and a belt with a holster for her gun.
Weapons: Rinea uses a gun, specifically a flintlock pistol.
Positive Attributes: Dexterity, Intelligence - Using certain guns requires certain quick hand movements, which you would have to get used to fast, also, I imagine she would have been taught how to work a couple of different machines once. I also imagine elves would have the best education, if they're the most advanced species in terms of brainpower and intelligence.
Negative Attributes: Constitution - Yea, she can't take a hit.
Backstory: Rinea was born in Iuppiter, just like most elves. She was raised in the same way as most elf girls. Except she showed an interest in guns, which her parents were perfectly fine with, due to just wanting to sleep after having to raise her themselves. She become one of the better gunslingers in Luppiter, due to spending most of her free time practising.
Family: Her parents.
Friends: Some of the elves in her homeland.
Homeland: Luppiter
Allegiance: Neutral/Doesn't even know about the war going on, that's how little the elves are told about the rest of the world unless they ask.
Extra: I imagine she would be introduced later in the rp.

Bio time!!!

Name: Adrian Griffin
Species: Human
Class: Knight (Swordmaster later on)
Appearance: Stands at 5'11" with slightly Tanned skin, Medium smooth yet slightly spiked Dark gray hair and Orange eyes with thin red eyeliner his build shows that he is a clear athlete who rarely skips a day of training. He wears a Red plain looking long coat and Black pants underneath Silver armor with a few streaks of Red on the edges that very faintly resemble Celtic runes, his leggings and boots are under the coat. He also wears a big Black scarf and a Black mask that hides his eyes (A lot like Gerome's from Awakening.)
Personality: Adrian is first seen as a stoic and blunt person who can get angered easily. However he is a friendly and loyal person to anyone he likes and wouldn't hesitate to step in and try to help them although he wouldn't hesitate to talk back to anyone. He also loathes losing and is most likely seen training. He always does his best to battle honorably and control his anger.
Equipment: He carries a simple pentagonal Silver shield on his left forearm and a scabbard for his sword on his back.
Weapons: Saemd; A long and elegant one handed Broadsword with a Black blade, Silver Celtic like runes and a Silver hilt and guard of an elegant design. It was passed down from the Griffin family for generations and was seen as a family heirloom, while it had no special capabilities whatsoever, it was still a precious object of the Griffin family. However, due to his self doubt on being ready to wield it, he mainly uses a Scimitar which was given to him by his father's old friend in Canyotopia.
Positive Attributes: Dexterity
Negative Attributes: Wisdom
Backstory: Born in to the proud Griffin family of the Infernia kingdom, Adrian trained by his father's side since birth as he wanted him to grow in to a proud Infernian warrior. During the little time off he had from training, he met a noblewoman named Heather who he quickly befriended and eventually fell in love with. His father, Samson, was a proud, strong and respected general before the new king rose to power and desired to conquer the other kingdoms. His efforts to stop the new king's plans were in vain and was executed for the public... and his son to see. This caused Adrian to run from his home and swore to train hard, get stronger, restore peace and avenge his father, however, he doesn't seem ready to wield the family sword, which is why he trains so hard and constantly pushes himself.
Family: Samson Griffin (Father, Deceased), Unnamed Mother (Likely Deceased)
Friends: Heather Marigold (Lover, Alive)
Homeland: Infernia
Allegiance: None, but against Infernia.
Extra: His favorite food is chicken.

I may add a couple more chars as well as Heather's bio much later in the RP.

Last edited:
I know it would be good to create in advance, but I wanna wait and see how the RP goes before I make my other bios. :p And also wonder how I can get my character to approach the good guys.

I know it would be good to create in advance, but I wanna wait and see how the RP goes before I make my other bios. :p And also wonder how I can get my character to approach the good guys.
Your character could be friends/know of Jasper which would get him a meeting with Pearl. The whole castle would know the two do to their backstories.

Maybe the latter option; I'm wondering how far the news will go about Adrian's father's execution especially when I made him a respected general. Also I didn't see anything in you char's bios that said they were in Infernia.

He comes from Infernia, but after everything that happened (Possibly a month or three ago before the present time in the RP) He's living and training outside of Infernia.

Maybe the latter option; I'm wondering how far the news will go about Adrian's father's execution especially when I made him a respected general. Also I didn't see anything in you char's bios that said they were in Infernia.
Wait. I'm dumb. My baka side comes out already...;_;
Nevermind. Pearl and Jasper wouldn't be openly accepting at first. I missed that part of your Bio. :'|
But Pearl would be easier to befriend. Maybe they could've fought in the past?

Name: Carolean May
Class: Thief
Appearance: Carolean is a lean and tanned man who makes it a point to stay cleanly shaved at every occasion. He tends to wear dark brown clothes with a dark red rag covering his face. He has brown eyes and black hair.
Personality: Carolean is not one to really make his existence known to people, as that would get in the way of his class. He is not loyal to a country or cause, as long as he gets payed he will do the job. Almost nothing is too dirty for him, except when the task includes children. He refuses to harm children and only accepts a job including them if they will be taken care of properly, if the taskgiver can't confirm that then he flat out refuses to do the job regardless of the pay. He is blunt with his words and pushes people away with it, not shying away from jobs that involve killing people he once called friends.
Equipment: Cloak, lockpicks, smoke bombs, caltrops, pebbles, basic medicine and thin chainmail armor underneath his clothes.
Weapons: Dagger
Positive Attributes: Dexterity, Wisdom
Negative Attributes: Charisma
Backstory: Carolean was an avid supporter of the Infernia royalty until the current king came to power and started a war with Yantarlia. He joined the war as he didn't want to see his country ravaged by war but eventually no longer saw the reason to fight a war that someone else made. He grabbed his own stuff and deserted the battlefield, on the run to avoid his punishment. Eventually he decided to make the best of his situation and became a thief for hire.
Family: Alexis Midway and Bartholomew May. Single child.
Friends: None yet.
Allegiance: Neutral
Extra: Can't handle his own when drinking

Name: Prince Veneok "Ven" Calilas
Class: Lord
Appearance: Has a slender, unassuming build with snow white skin, silver hair, crimson-red eyes and stands of average height for his age. Wears a black vest with golden designs on it with matching colored pants and dark boots. Has a short, sapphire necklace over it while he wears a white t-shirt underneath the vest.
Personality: He is a true kind soul to his core, who cares about his people and will do anything he must to protect his friends and loved ones. Something that steamed from a long regret and inability to act, which causes him to jump into dangerous situations as he struggles with what is "tactical" versus what is morally right. Can be a bit over the top or hot blooded, but means well and has a surprising sarcastic side to him. Covers his anxiety and times uncertainty with a mask of confidence with an uncanny ability to inspire others.
Equipment: Shield.
Weapons: A single short sword.
Positive Attributes: Charisma, Intellect
Negative Attributes: Strength
Backstory: Grew up as the second eldest of the royal family, with no aspirations or expectations to take the throne someday. However, a tragic accident led to the death of his older brother and him becoming the next heir unexpectedly. Dealing with serious survivor's guilt, he fell into a state of depression; his inability to save his brother, the guilt he had from self blame and the anxiety & expectations he had to help guide a nation in war all took a toll. However, a chance meeting with a mysterious figure shows him a path that gives his life newfound energy and purpose. The desire to protect and help others, to serve his duty and to alleviate the guilt he felt.
Family: Calilas Royal Family
Friends: TBD
Homeland: The Yantarlia Royal Capital (Specifically the Yantarlia Royal Palace within the capital)
Allegiance: Yantarlia
Extra: Has a fear of spiders

Name: Arsa Zethrel
Class: Cavaliers
Appearance: Has long flowing black hair (That she typically ties into a single ponytail when she rides) and has a strong build along with fair skin and dark brown eyes. She wears a dark green top, single sleeve on her right arm, with a pair of of dark brown pants and some boots.
Personality: At her core, she is a kind-hearted young woman who simple wants what's best for her family and those she cares about. She is very honorable, with a personal passion for the arts and good literature. However, she can be a bit too forgiving for the transgressions of her ruler and sports a mostly black and white morality; finding it hard to accept her people as "villains" leading to ideological conflicts with her mother.
Equipment: Violet plated armor.
Weapons: Single sword and shield.
Positive Attributes: Constitution, Strength
Backstory: Eldest daughter of a family of seven, with a father who runs a local bakery and a mother who resides on the Infernia Council as head of the Zethrel House; as one of the descending voices in opposition of the invasion launched by the new king. Arsa herself faces a confliction between seeing her mother's view of this needless war or supporting her king and her people. Irregardless, she and her companion horse Eclipse seek out to join the Infernia Army and try to make a difference....both from outside the castle walls and possibly within them.
Family: The Zethrel House (Nirla, mother. Hargen, father. Bril (13), Glam (10), Zu (8 ) & Su (8 ), Nahra (4), younger brothers & sisters)
Friends: Eclipse
Homeland: Infernia's Capital City (Lives along the mid-level districts.)
Allegiance: Infernia
Extra: Eclipse is a black horse that wears a dark purple saddle and vest.

Last edited:
Appearance: Has a slender, unassuming build with snow white skin, silver hair, crimson-red eyes and stands of average height for his age. Wears a black vest with golden designs on it with matching colored pants and dark boots. Has a short, sapphire necklace over it while he wears a white t-shirt underneath the vest.
Personality: He is a true kind soul to his core, who cares about his people and will do anything he must to protect his friends and loved ones. Something that steamed from a long regret and inability to act, which causes him to jump into dangerous situations as he struggles with what is "tactical" versus what is morally right. Can be a bit over the top or hot blooded, but means well and has a surprising sarcastic side to him. Covers his anxiety and times uncertainty with a mask of confidence with an uncanny ability to inspire others.
Backstory: Grew up as the second eldest of the royal family, with no aspirations or expectations to take the throne someday. However, a tragic accident led to the death of his older brother and him becoming the next heir unexpectedly. Dealing with serious survivor's guilt, he fell into a state of depression; his inability to save his brother, the guilt he had from self blame and the anxiety & expectations he had to help guide a nation in war all took a toll. However, a chance meeting with a mysterious figure shows him a path that gives his life newfound energy and purpose. The desire to protect and help others, to serve his duty and to alleviate the guilt he felt.
Homeland: The Yantarlia Royal Capital (Specifically the Yantarlia Royal Palace within the capital)

Appearance: Has long flowing black hair (That she typically ties into a single ponytail when she rides) and has a strong build along with fair skin and dark brown eyes. She wears a dark green top, single sleeve on her right arm, with a pair of of dark brown pants and some boots.
Personality: At her core, she is a kind-hearted young woman who simple wants what's best for her family and those she cares about. She is very honorable, with a personal passion for the arts and good literature. However, she can be a bit too forgiving for the transgressions of her ruler and sports a mostly black and white morality; finding it hard to accept her people as "villains" leading to ideological conflicts with her mother.
Backstory: Eldest daughter of a family of seven, with a father who runs a local bakery and a mother who resides on the Infernia Council as head of the Zethrel House; as one of the descending voices in opposition of the invasion launched by the new king. Arsa herself faces a confliction between seeing her mother's view of this needless war or supporting her king and her people. Irregardless, she and her companion horse Eclipse seek out to join the Infernia Army and try to make a difference....both from outside the castle walls and possibly within them.
Family: The Zethrel House (Nirla, mother. Hargen, father. Bril (13), Glam (10), Zu (8) & Su (8), Nahra (4), younger brothers & sisters)
Might want to put a blank spot at the age of Zu and Su, heads up

Appearance: Carolean is a lean and tanned man who makes it a point to stay cleanly shaved at every occasion. He tends to wear dark brown clothes with a dark red rag covering his face. He has brown eyes and black hair.
Personality: Carolean is not one to really make his existence known to people, as that would get in the way of his class. He is not loyal to a country or cause, as long as he gets payed he will do the job. Almost nothing is too dirty for him, except when the task includes children. He refuses to harm children and only accepts a job including them if they will be taken care of properly, if the taskgiver can't confirm that then he flat out refuses to do the job regardless of the pay. He is blunt with his words and pushes people away with it, not shying away from jobs that involve killing people he once called friends.
Equipment: Cloak, lockpicks, smoke bombs, caltrops, pebbles, basic medicine and thin chainmail armor underneath his clothes.
Backstory: Carolean was an avid supporter of the Infernia royalty until the current king came to power and started a war with Yantarlia. He joined the war as he didn't want to see his country ravaged by war but eventually no longer saw the reason to fight a war that someone else made. He grabbed his own stuff and deserted the battlefield, on the run to avoid his punishment. Eventually he decided to make the best of his situation and became a thief for hire.
[/SPOILER]
Sounds good! ^-^ Approved.

Family: The Zethrel House (Nirla, mother. Hargen, father. Bril (13), Glam (10), Zu (8) & Su (8), Nahra (4), younger brothers & sisters)
Approved! I suppose we can start soon.

Like Sailor said, approved. FYI, Sailor's the co-owner of this RP, so unless I say otherwise he has as much power as I do.

Lily: M-My prince .///.
Yeah. Like Hydra said, Pokecharms changes 8 ) to 8). Tbh I really don't like that...

Well, that's the thing... We're going to be opening with two scenarios. One is Pixel, with at least Pearl by her side, attempting to locate the ambassador sent by an unknown foreign kingdom. The other is Prince Ven leading his hand-picked forces into battle to liberate a small Yantarlian village from Infernia. Both scenarios are quickly going to unite. Each RPer should have one character that can fit into that scenario decently well.

Well, that's the thing... We're going to be opening with two scenarios. One is Pixel, with at least Pearl by her side, attempting to locate the ambassador sent by an unknown foreign kingdom. The other is Prince Ven leading his hand-picked forces into battle to liberate a small Yantarlian village from Infernia. Both scenarios are quickly going to unite. Each RPer should have one character that can fit into that scenario decently well.
Now that was Qrow semblance effecting our post times :@@.@

Welp xD
Shard, Pearl and Pixel won't really be fighting until they come to help out the Prince's party, but we could send one or two other characters with Shard's group as well.