• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Annual Almia Tournament (Discussion)

Since all the RPer spots have been taken, should I make this Private/Closed? Spectating char's, tho.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I do have my big, lovely post ready to go, but I am assuming that someone is still in the arena unless if they have gotten out already. (In which I have not seen the poster mention this in any way or if they are autoed already.)

*Shadow Oshawott stares at everyone with a blank look while playing with some blocks*

I would like to know about these abilities that your Shadow Oshawott has, Kiraru. I don't remember any of these being the Shadow Moves portrayed in the games, unless you made some up or I'm forgetting something.

*Nicaong yawns and falls asleep in his crib after tossing a note*

Summary of moves used in combat: (If referring to shadow moves.)

• The first move was Shadow Blast, hence the wicked blade of air detail I used like the description to make that a bit more clearer.
  • The second is kind of like a shadow move for Shell Trap. (The explosion of shadow energy damaging the foe when an attack makes contact with the barrier of volatile energy.)
  • The third is Shadow Sky, as the entire area was covered in a shadowy aura / dark cloud that damaged everyone except shadow Pokémon.

Shadow Sky is only supposed to do gradual damage and all Shadow-Type attacks (except for Sky) does double the damage to Pokemon who aren't Shadow Pokemon and boosts the power of Shadow-Type moves by 50%. Because the Pokemon suffered a Shadow-Typed Shell Trap (which I am allowing, but please only take the Shadow Moves from the games and don't make anymore), it was dealt with massive damage, to the point where Shadow Sky would've knocked out the Pokemon.

At least you didn't make him use Shadow Storm. XD Now, THAT would've been strong.

Then again, the NPC could've been a weakling, as anyone and everyone can join the tournament. It is just first come first serve.

Pretty sure if this was to be against another player, it'll just have to be discussed either in a conversation or on this Discussion Thread. I don't want OP stuff happening, though. Kiraru, if you are going to be fighting against another person, please tone down your Oshawott's power. I know Shadow-Type attacks are supposed to do double damage to pure Pokemon, but the rest of these trainers have very strong Pokemon that have been training for years. Your Oshawott can get mad and fight recklessly or overwhelm the opponent, but their strengths can't be increased.

I know you don't like to have just regular Pokemon and I respect that (which was why I allowed you to have a Shadow Pokemon), but please don't smoke through the entire Tournament and please give other people a chance. I don't want the other players to get worried about the strength of your Pokemon and end up having a whole argument.

Also, forgot to mention something. After every couple of battles, the stage will change to something different, so it isn't just a plain ol' battlefield. Since three battles have gone by, I shall do a random number generator thing to see what the next stage will be for the next couple of battlers.

The next stage is: "A stony floor with pillars on the sides"

This won't change mid-battle. Just after the battles are over and when people are cleaning up the stage.

Everyone can see the stage change once the peeps are done cleaning it up.

*a cute little Pichu could be seen playing the flute to summon a Camtonian Raichu, who is an Electric/Ground type*

I will be focusing more on the Castform who is spectating in my next post. (Though I assume that the previous battlers that won/lost will also be in the area watching unless if otherwise.)

@Ry_Burst, it is now your time to fight against an NPC (sorry I forgot to mention this sooner XD). You have 48 hours to respond to this thread saying you want to drop out or not, and if you want to battle, an additional 36 hours to make the post. If you don't get this mention, then I'll make sure you check this place. XD

Also, the battlefield has now changed from the default Poke-Ball theme to a Spear Pillar-esque battlefield. A stony floor and pillars rise from the ground, as if this is sacred ground that held ancient history.

*a strange looking Pokémon resembling a sea creature of some sort could be seen performing an interesting process that will reverse her cells and cause her to age backwards, as she curls up near her trainer and forms an egg-like barrier around her body*

Hmm... I can already tell that the pillars could be utilized for a multitude of purposes depending on what they are used for. I suppose I might be getting back to doing my usual thing of what Pichu seems to really know about for the time being then.

*Todoclor sits near everyone while drinking his bottle of robotic friendly electrolytes and carefully stacking some blocks to spell a swear word he learned after overhearing an adult show earlier*

Well, thank Pichu’s tag since I didn’t realize this RP went so far because of what I said earlier in my post...

I would like to know what you are changing in advance, but you can change up your team if they don't seem like they'll fit your character. Although, I'm a little skeptical to let you. Could you tell me what you are going to change first?

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
I would like to know what you are changing in advance, but you can change up your team if they don't seem like they'll fit your character. Although, I'm a little skeptical to let you. Could you tell me what you are going to change first?

Wanted to switch out Zweilous for a Mawile. She would be King's partner, and like Zweilous would be the weakest member of the team only used when needed.

Since I have obtained permission from @Pretty Pichu, I will be having a character of mine running the Pokémon Center in the lobby instead of the usual Nurse Joy.

Name: Her name is Angelina Cass.
Birthplace/Hometown: Violet City, Johto
Appearance
  • Height: 5'4" / 162.56 cm
  • Weight: 127.6 lbs / 57.88 kg
  • Hair Color/Length/Style: She has straight, blonde hair in a mellow tone that goes down to her shoulders and lower neck area.
  • Eye Color: She has light green eyes.
  • Identifying Marks: Her bright, pink dress and a small patch of freckles on her forehead.
  • Musculature: She has a modest build, as she is not too skinny, muscular or stout.
  • Clothing: She wears a vibrant, one piece halter dress in a modest shading of rose pink. She has on an eighteen karat gold bracelet around her left arm. She wears a pair of cloudy gray slingbacks, though her shoes do not have heels however to allow for ease of movement.
Personality: Angelina is calm and warmhearted when it comes to social encounters. She usually offers to help others, while trying to find other ways of healing the injured after deciding to get out of her prior trainer times. However, she can be stern on occasion if the situation demands, since her Pachirisu tends to get her into more trouble than she likes.
Strengths: She is relaxed and easygoing, allowing others to interact with her with ease. She also has advanced knowledge in the field of medicine and healing items, though it leans more towards artificial items such as potions and full heals.
Flaws: Having a lack of battle experience means that her Pokémon are often left to do their own thing in combat. (Aside from knowing how to tell the Pokémon to use said move, but that is as far as she can get in terms of battling for the most part.) She also tends to be overprotective of her Pachirisu as a result of him being quite the troublemaker.
Brief History: Angelina was a simple trainer back in her younger days. Although she did not have as much experience in battling, she won the first two badges from Johto and Hoenn in her time during these area in a narrow battle with her Pachirisu as a result of letting him play everything by ear. Her Meganium won a ribbon in the cute contest she partook in a few weeks ago after deciding to work in a Pokémon Center in the lobby.
Family:
  • Liam Cass (Father, 67, Pokémon on hand: Komona and Droiton)
  • Mia Cass (Mother, 69, Pokémon on hand: Masmoid)
  • Tori Cass (Sister, 14, Pokémon on hand: Cyndaquil, Neourk and Cephalond)
Love Relationships?: She does not have any relationships at the moment, though this is always subject to change.
Main Pokémon Team: Pachirisu and Meganium. (See below for more information.)
Pokémon Switch-Ins: [This field does not apply since Angelica is not battling in the tournament.]
Extra: The Pokémon Center she works in has two vending machines, two televisions on each side that the counter does not face towards the entrance, a series of seats and tables in the domain along with a personal computer in the waiting area. The doorway several feet behind the counter protected by a childproof gate has a hallway with several entryways in between for each room. The rooms are: An emergency room for injured Pokémon, a care room for Pokémon in critical condition, several sleeping and lodging rooms, and a small library filled with various subjects. (Though the popular theme there is battling for obvious reasons.)

Species: Pachirisu
Nickname: N/A
Ability: Pickup (The Pokémon may pick up an item used by an opposing Pokémon during combat. It also has a chance of finding items in the overworld.)
Held Item: He wears a light, silver necklace with a soothe bell on it.
Hidden Power Type: Grass
Special Features: He wears a sky blue beanie and is somewhat lighter than the average Pachirisu.
Strengths:
  • Light-Footed: Pachirisu's time spent sneaking around when his trainer was not looking led to a slight increase in speed and quieter movements in times of stealth.
  • Advanced Exploiter: Pachirisu knows his way around most electrical machines, enabling him to tamper them to his heart's content. (The less secure the machine is, the easier it will be for Pachirisu to rig it.)
  • Quick-Witted: Pachirisu is able to think and react on the spot more easily when faced with sudden situations. The time limit for reactions are somewhat increased.
Flaws:
  • Hydrophobic: Being afraid of the essence of life led Pachirisu to avoid bath time and rainy days as much as he could. Pachirisu has increased vulnerability against Water-based moves and the slow effect from water Poké assists lasts twice as long.
  • High Metabolism: Sure many people and Pokémon would love to lose a few while still being able to eat as they please, but it is not always all fun and games for the squirrel Pokémon. Pachirisu's energy levels decrease quicker, requiring him to consume more food and liquids during the day.
  • Untrustworthy: As a result of Pachirisu typically giving falsehood instead of the truth when under questioning, he tends to only be taken seriously by the passing air. Friendships are harder to obtain with other people and Pokémon. In addition, team attacks are harder to coordinate in combat as a result of a lack of trust.
Quick History: Pachirisu was Angelina's first Pokémon, as he assists her with some tasks an electrician would undergo at times, though he also uses his electricity to assist injured Pokémon if needed.
Personality: Pachirisu is described from his trainer to be a childish, troublesome Pokémon. He tends to go off on his own when his trainer is not looking, as this often brings up a ton of trouble for his trainer. He typically shows his noticeable, mischievous stance by performing roguish deeds when away from his trainer, such as using his electricity to cause electrical interference with vending machines to trick them into thinking that the money had been inserted already.
Game-Equivalent Level: Roughly around 34.
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning: He usually avoids learning physical moves since being up close in combat is like asking for a first class ticket to the Nurse's Office.
Can Swim?: Swimming is long gone from the picture due to his first flaw.

Species: Meganium
Ability: Overgrow (Increases the potency of Grass-based moves if the Pokémon is in a pinch.)
Held Item: She has a pink scarf snugly wrapped around her neck.
Hidden Power Type: Water
Special Features: Her vines are a bit longer than the average length for her species.
Strengths:
  • Empathetic: Meganium is able to understand and relate to other Pokémon, enabling her to reach out to other Pokémon more easily. Meganium's charisma is somewhat increased.
  • Medical Expertise: Meganium has advanced knowledge of the field of medicine, allowing her to use berries and healing moves with increased potency and efficiency.
  • Advanced Composure: Having the ability to keep her emotions under control led Meganium to be less affected during times of crisis. Friendship decreases at a lesser extent and Meganium's mood does not swing easily if under emergency events.
Flaws:
  • Excess Conformity: Due to Meganium being very supportive to other people and Pokémon, it is easy for her to become swayed towards the wishes of others. The chance of winning in a one-on-one heated discussion is significantly reduced if the arguing Pokémon becomes emotional.
  • Peacemaker: As a result of Meganium's morals towards violence, she typically does not use any sort of damaging force against other Pokémon when faced in combat. (Although this trait would also be considered as an asset, it is more of a weakness for her.)
  • Maladroit Hands: Meganium is unable to handle interactions with her forelegs as easily as her kind can, forcing her to rely on her vines for most basic tasks. The interaction speed with handiwork is significantly slower.
Quick History: Meganium was Angelina's second Pokémon, as she was nursed back to health after a terrible storm. She decided to assist her trainer in the Pokémon Center her trainer currently works at after becoming attached to her a few moments later.
Personality: Meganium tends to be simple and straightforward when socializing with others, as it usually appeals with the young due to their average cognitive abilities within their age. She is obedient to her trainer's command, though it can sometimes turn into her obeying every command from an infant if the case becomes bad enough to where her trainer has to intervene.
Game-Equivalent Level: 63
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning: She usually avoids most attacking moves because of her second flaw.
Can Swim?: If paddling counts as swimming, then this is as far as she can get if she is in a huge body of water without anything to hold onto.

Last edited:
Since I have obtained permission from @Pretty Pichu, I will be having a character of mine running the Pokémon Center in the lobby instead of the usual Nurse Joy.

Name: Her name is Angelina Cass.
Birthplace/Hometown: Violet City, Johto
Appearance
  • Height: 5'4" / 162.56 cm
  • Weight: 127.6 lbs / 57.88 kg
  • Hair Color/Length/Style: She has straight, blonde hair in a mellow tone that goes down to her shoulders and lower neck area.
  • Eye Color: She has light green eyes.
  • Identifying Marks: Her bright, pink dress and a small patch of freckles on her forehead.
  • Musculature: She has a modest build, as she is not too skinny, muscular or stout.
  • Clothing: She wears a vibrant, one piece halter dress in a modest shading of rose pink. She has on an eighteen karat gold bracelet around her left arm. She wears a pair of cloudy gray slingbacks, though her shoes do not have heels however to allow for ease of movement.
Personality: Angelina is calm and warmhearted when it comes to social encounters. She usually offers to help others, while trying to find other ways of healing the injured after deciding to get out of her prior trainer times. However, she can be stern on occasion if the situation demands, since her Pachirisu tends to get her into more trouble than she likes.
Strengths: She is relaxed and easygoing, allowing others to interact with her with ease. She also has advanced knowledge in the field of medicine and healing items, though it leans more towards artificial items such as potions and full heals.
Flaws: Having a lack of battle experience means that her Pokémon are often left to do their own thing in combat. (Aside from knowing how to tell the Pokémon to use said move, but that is as far as she can get in terms of battling for the most part.) She also tends to be overprotective of her Pachirisu as a result of him being quite the troublemaker.
Brief History: Angelina was a simple trainer back in her younger days. Although she did not have as much experience in battling, she won the first two badges from Johto and Hoenn in her time during these area in a narrow battle with her Pachirisu as a result of letting him play everything by ear. Her Meganium won a ribbon in the cute contest she partook in a few weeks ago after deciding to work in a Pokémon Center in the lobby.
Family:
  • Liam Cass (Father, 35, Pokémon on hand: Komona and Droiton)
  • Mia Cass (Mother, 37, Pokémon on hand: Masmoid)
  • Tori Cass (Sister, 14, Pokémon on hand: Cyndaquil, Neourk and Cephalond)
Love Relationships?: She does not have any relationships at the moment, though this is always subject to change.
Main Pokémon Team: Pachirisu and Meganium. (See below for more information.)
Pokémon Switch-Ins: [This field does not apply since Angelica is not battling in the tournament.]
Extra: The Pokémon Center she works in has two vending machines, two televisions on each side that the counter does not face towards the entrance, a series of seats and tables in the domain along with a personal computer in the waiting area. The doorway several feet behind the counter protected by a childproof gate has a hallway with several entryways in between for each room. The rooms are: An emergency room for injured Pokémon, a care room for Pokémon in critical condition, several sleeping and lodging rooms, and a small library filled with various subjects. (Though the popular theme there is battling for obvious reasons.)

Species: Pachirisu
Ability: Pickup (The Pokémon may pick up an item used by an opposing Pokémon during combat. It also has a chance of finding items in the overworld.)
Held Item: He wears a light, silver necklace with a soothe bell on it.
Hidden Power Type: Grass
Special Features: He wears a sky blue beanie and is somewhat lighter than the average Pachirisu.
Strengths:
  • Light-Footed: Pachirisu's time spent sneaking around when his trainer was not looking led to a slight increase in speed and quieter movements in times of stealth.
  • Advanced Exploiter: Pachirisu knows his way around most electrical machines, enabling him to tamper them to his heart's content. (The less secure the machine is, the easier it will be for Pachirisu to rig it.)
  • Quick-Witted: Pachirisu is able to think and react on the spot more easily when faced with sudden situations. The time limit for reactions are somewhat increased.
Flaws:
  • Hydrophobic: Being afraid of the essence of life led Pachirisu to avoid bath time and rainy days as much as he could. Pachirisu has increased vulnerability against Water-based moves and the slow effect from water Poké assists lasts twice as long.
  • High Metabolism: Sure many people and Pokémon would love to lose a few while still being able to eat as they please, but it is not always all fun and games for the squirrel Pokémon. Pachirisu's energy levels decrease quicker, requiring him to consume more food and liquids during the day.
  • Untrustworthy: As a result of Pachirisu typically giving falsehood instead of the truth when under questioning, he tends to only be taken seriously by the passing air. Friendships are harder to obtain with other people and Pokémon. In addition, team attacks are harder to coordinate in combat as a result of a lack of trust.
Quick History: Pachirisu was Angelina's first Pokémon, as he assists her with some tasks an electrician would undergo at times, though he also uses his electricity to assist injured Pokémon if needed.
Personality: Pachirisu is described from his trainer to be a childish, troublesome Pokémon. He tends to go off on his own when his trainer is not looking, as this often brings up a ton of trouble for his trainer. He typically shows his noticeable, mischievous stance by performing roguish deeds when away from his trainer, such as using his electricity to cause electrical interference with vending machines to trick them into thinking that the money had been inserted already.
Game-Equivalent Level: Roughly around 34.
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning: He usually avoids learning physical moves since being up close in combat is like asking for a first class ticket to the Nurse's Office.
Can Swim?: Swimming is long gone from the picture due to his first flaw.

Species: Meganium
Ability: Overgrow (Increases the potency of Grass-based moves if the Pokémon is in a pinch.)
Held Item: She has a pink scarf snugly wrapped around her neck.
Hidden Power Type: Water
Special Features: Her vines are a bit longer than the average length for her species.
Strengths:
  • Empathetic: Meganium is able to understand and relate to other Pokémon, enabling her to reach out to other Pokémon more easily. Meganium's charisma is somewhat increased.
  • Medical Expertise: Meganium has advanced knowledge of the field of medicine, allowing her to use berries and healing moves with increased potency and efficiency.
  • Advanced Composure: Having the ability to keep her emotions under control led Meganium to be less affected during times of crisis. Friendship decreases at a lesser extent and Meganium's mood does not swing easily if under emergency events.
Flaws:
  • Excess Conformity: Due to Meganium being very supportive to other people and Pokémon, it is easy for her to become swayed towards the wishes of others. The chance of winning in a one-on-one heated discussion is significantly reduced if the arguing Pokémon becomes emotional.
  • Peacemaker: As a result of Meganium's morals towards violence, she typically does not use any sort of damaging force against other Pokémon when faced in combat. (Although this trait would also be considered as an asset, it is more of a weakness for her.)
  • Maladroit Hands: Meganium is unable to handle interactions with her forelegs as easily as her kind can, forcing her to rely on her vines for most basic tasks. The interaction speed with handiwork is significantly slower.
Quick History: Meganium was Angelina's second Pokémon, as she was nursed back to health after a terrible storm. She decided to assist her trainer in the Pokémon Center her trainer currently works at after becoming attached to her a few moments later.
Personality: Meganium tends to be simple and straightforward when socializing with others, as it usually appeals with the young due to their average cognitive abilities within their age. She is obedient to her trainer's command, though it can sometimes turn into her obeying every command from an infant if the case becomes bad enough to where her trainer has to intervene.
Game-Equivalent Level: 63
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning: She usually avoids most attacking moves because of her second flaw.
Can Swim?: If paddling counts as swimming, then this is as far as she can get if she is in a huge body of water without anything to hold onto.

Accepted :3 just change the age of the parents because... Well yea XD they'd be having her before they hit the age of 10.

Hey, he's trying his best to get it all up with finals in the way and his computer breaking down. Get some patience. I'll have a talk with him once morning rolls around (so in 5 hours) asking him about his condition during his life right now and seeing if there is anything I can do to help. In the meanwhile, just hold all of those Ponytas and Blitzles in place before they start blowing some fuses.

Last edited:
Hey, he's trying his best to get it all up with finals in the way. Get some patience. I'll have a talk with him once morning rolls around (so in 5 hours) asking him about his condition during his life right now and seeing if there is anything I can do to help. In the meanwhile, just hold all of those Ponytas and Blitzles in place before they start blowing some fuses.
The Ponyta's and Blitxles are not the problem. Its the Rapidash's and Zebstrika's.

I've been working on an off on a new post. With a borrowed old computer and not much time, things will be slower, and I am sorry. When I joined the RP, this wasn't a problem. However I am calling the insurance today on my broken computer to get it replaced so things should start working soon.

Also, as a note, I would have had a post out yesterday evening, but my computer override me saying no updates and went through them and deleted what I has finished. However I am free until 5 which is about 8 hours away so things should get done today.