• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Alola World Festival [RP]

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
"A crowd, hmm it's a little out of my comfort zone but it should be fine, let's get going." Alex said looking a little concerned. He made his way towards the practice battlefield, he took out a pokeball, looked at it with deep concern and opened it to release Sandslash onto the battlefield. Sandslash, more than likely now without the calming effect, looked around with fury seeking out Jade to enact his revenge. It didn't take long before Haunter and Beedrill explained the situation and a smug look grew over Sandslash's face.

Shiori laughed as Togetoge flew up aand shot a Dazzling Gleam into the air, then turned to Seven.
"Yeah. And that means-" Cutting himself off, Shiori turned to find a familiar older Zoroark bounding towards him.
"Zorro!" Shiori exclaimed, hugging the graying Zoroark. Breaking from the hug, Shiori patted Zorro's arm. "Arceus above, it's been forever! Have you seen Raza yet?"

Before the Zoroark could respond, Shiori noticed another familiar face approach. "Angel. It looks like you haven't aged a bit!" Shiori said, hugging Angel back. He started when Angel's Pokemon emerged from their Pokeball, then smiled and sent out the two other Pokemon on his team that were still around when he met Angel. Shiori's Gyarados and Milotic emerged from their Pokeball, and looked down at the familiar trainer and her Pokemon. The actor smiled at Angel's Pokemon.
"Hello again, everyone." Shiori said. He patted Mimi's head, but didn't move to dislodge the Mimikyu. Noticing Quaju spread his arms for a hug, Shiori grinned like a madman and grabbed the Greninja in a bear hug.
"Hey, Oratora! Shiori said to the Primeria, waving back after he put down the Greninja. Raza hugged the Incineroar back, letting out a growling laugh.

The actor turned back to Angel, nearly hopping up and down with excitement.
"How have you been? What have you been up to?" Shiori asked eagerly.

Atty smiled at Pyros as he caught up, now walking side by side with the redhead as he spoke. "Sounds like you all have a lot of history together," She nodded as he explained the situation and gave a quick overview of how everyone knew each other. "Last I checked, I don't think theres anyone here that I know. Not to sound melodramatic or anything, but I've always kinda traveled alone and relied on my Pokemon..." Her smile stayed, though there was a hint of sadness in her eyes. As she approached the Gym, she was able to regain her focus, putting those thoughts to the side.

She stepped through the futuristic, sliding doors- A bit off an out of place sight in a city like Malie- Instantly greeted by what looked like a lobby for competitors and spectators. There were seating areas dotted around, a reception desk, and multiple, large screens. Up the middle back of the room, there was an open staircase that presumeably led out to and up to the bleachers. On either side of the back wall were two, opaque glass doors, with what looked like a small keycard pad next to them. The light glowed a soft red, instigating that they were locked and could only be opened via a card.

There Kukui stood next to one of the large, blank monitors, giving Atty and Pyros a wave over as they entered. "Alola! Over here if you're competing!"

--

Guzma was starting to get fed up with everything- until a familiar voice snapped him out of his hunger-driven anger. He had to hold himself back, watching as she went through the doors of the Gym.

She was still with that man, though. That godforsaken redhead that kept getting in the way of literally everything. He was getting absolutely sick of it. How was he supposed to talk to her like this? All he could do now was play a waiting game until she stepped back out. Either that, or he would have to go inside if she was battling first...

Togetoge's physical as well as verbal response satisfied Seven, and she did not pursue the question further. It was clear that they knew each other, and there was no intended harm. For now, she quietly watched as her gaze moved back to observe her Master, who clearly wanted to head to the Gym as quickly as possible to scope out the competition.

The visual display caught the guised Porygon2's attention momentarily, before her attention was drawn elsewhere. It was Angel. Giving the woman a nod of acknowledgement, she looked towards her Master, sending him a message which would appear on his screen. [I will follow you.]

As they made a motion to leave, all of Angel's Pokémon appeared, crowding the area unexpectedly. Edging away from the congestion, the pair observed the situation.

Though they were obviously occupied by a heartfelt reunion, there was business to attend to. Seven spoke up, reminding the actor of his obligations, "Shiori Fujimoto. May I remind you that Professor Kukui urged those participating to head towards the Gym." With that, her sharp blue gaze fixed on him for a few moments before she left alongside Colress.

Holding up his typing hand, the man waved at the group, "I wish you the best of luck during the tournament! I'm sure we'll meet again."

The pair made their way towards the Gym.

---

The black-hooded teen felt himself smashed as the crowd made their way towards the renovated 'Gym.' Gladion knew he should have waited, but he didn't want to miss anything, which might put him at a disadvantage.

Emerald positioned himself on the other side of the dry and barren battlefield. "Jade, you got this!" He said, and Jade jumped out from behind him. A few people passed by, and one or two stopped to watch this small match. They knew it wouldn't take long.

One bystander, who seemed particularly strange, he went between the battlers and asked; "Would you mind if I referee?" Emerald shrugged. "I'm down. Let's go!" He said. The man nodded, and went to the podium thing. "The match between these two young men will now begin. On the right will use Sandslash and on the left will use Sceptile. Battlie, commence!" He yelled, and Emerald's battle mind whipped into action.

"Jade, use Quick Attack!" He yelled, and Jade began to bolt twoard Sandslash. "Now jump over it!" He said, and Jade leaped over Sandslash and it went right above the hedgehog. "Use dragon pulse straight down!" He yelled, and Jade shot a Dragonic blast down at it. Even if it used do, the blast would travel down the hole, which he believed ensued a hit.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
"Sandslash we have no choice, take the hit and return with slash, and run away!", Sandslash tried his best to block the dragon pulse with his claws, retaliated with a slash and ran away. Sandslash slowed down mid-run to a complete stop, he turned around to face the Sceptile. "Come on Sandslash ignore your anger and stick to the plan!", Sandslash ignored his trainer and ran towards Sceptile prepared for full force fury swipes.

"Okay Jade! Use Quick Attack!" He yelled and Jade dashed. "Now use our plan!" He said, and Jade nodded. It dashed like lightning behind the unsuspecting Sandslash. Emerald was amused by the Sandslash's choice to attack without consent of his trainer.

"Now, attack with Leaf Storm while it has no chance to turn around or dig!" He yelled,a nod Jade unleashed a fury run of leaves that would completely desolate a ground type that was already (most likely) a bit damaged from Dragon Pulse.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
"Darn it Sandslash, you should have listened.", Sandslash heard his trainer's remark and smirked, he turned around facing the leaf storm and cut through it with the fury swipes. "That's... unexpected... wait... he must have been preparing for Jade's next move.", Alex sighed in relief and yelled out "Okay Sandslash take out your anger and then listen to me!" Sandslash used his newly created opening by aiming a slash right across Jade's face while saying "Sandslash!" (Oh the irony!).

Emerald nodded, and Jade nodded as well. Jade took the hit and stumbled back, holding his left eye. "Scept..." (You....) he growled. He readied and shot a smaller leaf storm. He knew it could be blocked, but he then....

...used quick attack to dash around Sandslash, using leaf storm at multiple different angles, and then readied a dragon pulse to shoot down a dig hole. He lifted his hand to reveal a scar now on his face, which was pretty deep in.

Zorro smiled and let the two humans have their space, while Angel smiled as she warmly told him what happened after their tournament experience together and answered his questions. "Why, yes, she was the reason why I knew you were here. I've been going around all of Kalos teaching people how to dance and how to use Z-Moves, as well as teaching people from both Alola and Kalos about Dark- and Fairy-Type Pokemon, and how they aren't all mean like everyone thinks."

Quaju gave him the biggest bear hug he could, which wasn't difficult, considering he was quite strong. Félin purred like a little Litten before letting her go. Oratora gave such a serene smile, and Mimi climbed up towards Shiori's head, and then hopped on top. She made herself comfortable and waved towards the Gyarados and Milotic. Angel walked over to the two huge Pokemon and held out her hands for the two to recognize her scent. After they were done, she started petting their scaly chins.

Hearing Seven, she raised an eyebrow at the blunt remark, but she was right. She still didn't exactly know what she was, but considering her mannerisms, she didn't seem at all human. The strange metallic parts on her face and wrists seemed almost robot-like. She shook the thoughts from her head, before turning back to Shiori. "I'm think you should listen to her advice. I'll watch you when you battle. Here, I'll walk with you over to the gym. What have you been doing? I saw a movie and the actor in it looked quite familiar. The one with the Gyarados Knight. I think... That was you, right?" She headed off to walk towards the newly constructed gym, with all of her Pokemon walking behind her, as they wanted to get to know what Raza had done and listen to Shiori. They made their own little group right behind Colress and Seven.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pyros looked around at the inside of the gym. This was more like a registration area for a large stadium, not a gym. Oh well. He went over to the reception desk, Kyukon at his heels. He looked over to Atty as they approached Kukui, with Pyros letting out an "Alola" in greeting, using the same hand gestures used when someone local greets while saying "Alola".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shade and Stror were out in Malie Garden, trying to find some Pokemon. The Pokemon seem to come back to the spot where Pyros and the others had congregated around, but there still wasn't enough activity. Zarda was watching everything from the city building, and when she saw Shade and Stror leave, she decided to fly overhead and help them with whatever they were doing. She landed right beside them and gave a playful little grunt. Shade and Stror, happy to have found Pyros' Birth Pokemon, hugged her and asked if she would like to help them with gathering Pokemon for an experiment concerning genetics and localization. The words flew right over Zarda's head, but she knew it was for Shade's research, so she began to collect as many Pokemon as she could, sometimes using her body to scare them over to the main area where Shade and Stror were. Tika, finding her place in Stror's hair, fell asleep, while Chu floated about helping Zarda with her search and collection. Skarpia was on the ground and was skittering about, helping to calm the Pokemon down that came over and saying that this was going to be quick.

Last edited:
As Zofera exited yet another shop, she couldn’t help but exhale out a groan. She should have realized that there was a chance he wouldn’t be home what with her brother’s line of work but man. She really wanted to surprise him! And with how smart he was, if she started asking if he was going to be home, he’d have caught on immediately and it would’ve been ruined that way too. Still, she had hopes that this tournament could be her saving grace with his love for battle, but so far she was having no luck. And there were so many people everywhere…She couldn’t help but to wring out her wrist nervously. It almost made her want to just get out of the area, but no! She had a mission, and until she failed it completely, she was going to strive to get it done.

At her side, a Glaceon walked close by. Eileen wanted to get her trainer out of here, as it was clear that she was stressed out, but Umbra had had already tried that and given up after getting the same answer every time she asked. She simply resigned herself to keeping company, and ensuring that nothing got out of hand, though nothing was that bad given that most people were so wrapped up in whatever they were doing that no one paid Zofera any attention as she walked from area to area. As they stood there, the crowds suddenly seemed to be heading in one direction, and Zofera took it to mean that the event was likely beginning.

Zofera sighed, realizing that finding her brother would be unlikely now, but decided that she may as well watch the tournament and try to get some enjoyment out of being here in Malie. Reaching down and absently petting Eileen’s head, she began to traverse the crowds. Eileen kept herself close, knowing that her trainer needed the reassurance, and also not wanting to get lost in the large group of people heading by.

Positioning herself in a spot where she could see the stage, Zofera watched as the announcements were made, first with Kukui up on the stage, followed by the Mayor of the city, before Professor Kukui stepped up once more. As the speech was finishing, she couldn’t help the grin that had appeared on her face. She’d seen him before, and every time, she could feel the infectious energy practically radiating from the man. It was no surprise that the crowd fell into an uproar after he left the stage and Marowak dancers entered. What was a surprise though was the speed at which everyone began to make their way towards the Gym. Eventually she’d been bumped around enough that she couldn’t quite control where she was going.

She found herself pushed around until she ended up knocking into a man - Or perhaps knocked was the wrong word, considering she had practically fallen into him - with a Noivern on his shoulder, and what was almost a full team around him. Getting her bearings back quickly, Zofera immediately made to apologize, “I-I’m so sorry! I swear I didn’t mean to do that!” Her face was so red at this point that she practically looked like a tomato. Off to her side, Eileen bowed and shook her head, going back to her trainer’s side as she stressed out.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Sandslash grew worried, he looked over at his trainer only to find the same expression until "Okay Sandslash jump up and use slash on the dragon pulse to try and return it to its sender and then run!" Sandslash followed his trainer's commands, he slashed at the dragon pulse and hoped that it would hit Jade, after landing Sandslash began to run a little while away where Alex called out, "Now use Sandstorm!" A sandstorm began to descend on the field, Sandslash felt he was open to an attack and began to grow afraid.

Picking up his luggage bag, Shiori walked alongside Angel as they made their way to the new Gym. He smiled proudly when she mention the Order of the Dragon Knights movie.
"Yep, that was me. Marine Knight Gyarados is a bit of a more serious hero then Karpman, but it was still pretty amazing to do." Shiori said. "The director, Jean Pierre, says he's gonna try to make a full on Pokemon Superhero crossover movie soon. He's been trying to leave subtle hints in his other Superhero movies about it."
Shiori stepped aside and held the door to the gym open for Angel, then turned to his Gyarados and Milotic.
"Sorry mates. I don't think you're gonna make it through the door." Shiori said. His Milotic nuzzled Angel for a moment, saying goodbye, then returned to Shiori. The actor returned his two sea serpent Pokemon, then turned back to Angel as they entered the gym. "So, you said you were going around teaching people about dark and fairy types? Had much success in that?"

Raza walked with Angel's Pokemon, telling them how she'd been using her Illusion ability to help with the filming of the special effects in the movies Shiori has been in. As they got closer to the gym, Raza cast her Illusion on herself, once again making her look like a human. Communicating through growls and other fox-like noises, she asked Angel's Pokemon how they've been.

Colress and Seven finally arrived inside of the Gym. It was much larger than they had been expecting, given their previous experiences with Malie City. After a few moments, Colress caught sight of Kukui, making his way over, gesturing for Seven to follow.

As they approached, the guised Virtual Pokémon caught sight of Pyros once more. Once they closed their distance, Seven spoke up once she was right behind the red head, "Pyroshu Darastrix."

In the meantime, they waited patiently for Kukui to go over the brackets with the participants.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
(Sorry if this is short. I want to at least do a bit of stuff)
Jack watched the ceremony, which he barely even made it in time to. He clapped along with the crowd, but some of the native Alolan words he didn't have a clue of what it meant, which made him feel a bit dumb.

As the ceremony ended, Jack's eyes widened as he began looking around. It seemed everyone knew where they were going, but he didn't, causing him to sigh. He remembered seeing a building somewhat resembling a Gym, and then he found a crowd heading in that direction. He decided to follow the crowd, a bit behind. Luckily, he didn't seem to out of place.

After a while, he had reached the Gym looking building, and was reassured it was the right place when he heard the professor of the region, Kukui. Sighing of relief, he decided to sit down somewhere and wait if he was called, or something.

So it seemed that the competitors were being moved towards the "gym" of the town, or at least that's what the mayor and that Kukui fellow said. The speech portion was followed by a squad of native Marowak dancers, which reminded Gerald of something...Ah yes, an old friend, Curt...Sure had been a while since he seen him. Yeah, it was sporadic when he'd show up before, and often by chance, but it usually was just a few months apart. He hadn't seen Curt in a year...He was probably doing fine though. Wasn't too bad for Gerald either- usually when he'd run into Curt, trouble was sure to follow.

"Come on guys, let's head down to that gym. We need to represent Mauville, right?" Gerald's Pokemon reacted in different ways, though all in agreement: June quietly nodded, Million grunted, and Violet did a little chirp. And Puff was still thinking and quiet, but did a quiet nod as well. "Alright then, let's get going then."

As Gerald moved through the crowds alongside his team, he got thinking about Curt and his other old friends. Were they really "friends"? He really didn't really know much about Curt in the end of the day. Where did he live? Gerald assumed Kanto, but he could've easily lived in Johto. What did Curt do for a living?...Where was he right now? Hell, he could say this about a lot of his friends. He hardly knew what they did with themselves outside those times where they were all in danger. Those people saved his lives, so they were friends. Or allies? Perhaps that would be more apt. While he had those allies out there, he had an actual friend in Kiran, someone who he knew where they lived, what they did for a living, they were even close enough to open up about their personal lives. The only reason Gerald was here, ready to participate in this very tournament, was thanks to Kiran letting Gerald come along on some business trip.

...But then again, Curt and his old friends did have something there for Gerald besides being allies. If Gerald was asked by one of them, he would open up about his personal life. Was Gerald too trusting? Or was he being too skeptical?...He wasn't too sure.

In any case his train of thought was interrupted by a woman with a Glaceon next to her bumping into him. Usually he was the one bumping into people, having just done it not even twenty minutes ago...The woman profusely apologized, despite it not really being too big a deal. And while Gerald wasn't going to be rude in the first place, he liked not being hypocritical considering his track record.

"Hey, no worries! It happens to all of us." He told her with a smile. "This crowd sure is something, huh? I guess everyone's pretty hyped up for the tournament."

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
Christian went into a PC and withdrew some Pokémon for the tournament. He withdrew his Ambipom (Handy. Item: Sitrus Berry) and Gardevoir (Named after his crush, but I won't say it.). After he withdrew those Pokémon, he went over to the tournament and signed up.

Last edited:
Angel heard her old friend talk as he told her about his acting career and the movies he'd been in. When Shiori held the door for her, she smiled sweetly and practically floated in, after she nuzzled Milotic back before the Milotic had to be returned. Those dancing lessons really made her walk different. She would normally stagger a bit from the lack of sleep, but it seemed like she was getting the hang of getting around her chronic insomnia long enough to get some decent sleep. That didn't stop her from yawning throughout the day, though. She held her hand in front of her mouth to conceal her yawn, and then she waited for Shiori to get through the door and catch up, as she walked towards Professor Kukui, Pyros, Atty, Seven, and Colress. She looked over and saw a young man, Jack, sitting nearby. Shouldn't he be up here? She waved for Jack to come up where everyone is crowding around the Professor, so he could see the brackets. She also saw Christian signing up for the tournament close by. Her looking around was interrupted as Shiori asked her a question about her teachings. She smiled a heartwarming smile, and replied. "Actually, there have been people who are so open-minded and wanted to learn more about the creatures, that my efforts have been successful, for the most part. I've only ran into a few problems, where people either had a phobia of the suckers, or they didn't believe they could be any good in personality and behavior. Plus, I've encountered people who were know-it-all's and they tried to undermine my efforts in some towns and cities by taking all of my facts and turning them on their heads with falsehoods of how the Pokemon are. With them, I talked about the Pokemon I had on me at the moment, to solidify my observations and facts about them, which usually shut them up, then accused me of lying before they walked away. To be honest, I wasn't the least bit mad at the guys. He probably was a narcissist and I just destroyed his ego. To be honest, it was kind of funny."

Félin communicated in a series of growls and huffs that he was doing quite well, and that he had gotten stronger and faster the last time they met, and he flexed his muscles to show off. Zorro rolled his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. He told Raza that he was doing quite fine, despite feeling age catch up to him. His eyesight wasn't as it used to be, so when he wanted to see something in better detail, he had to wear glasses, which is what the Wise Glasses were for. Oratora said in a sing-songy voice that she was starting to learn how to speak English, and that she was also learning how to play the piano and the violin. Togetoge chirped that she was getting stronger in flying with more and more people and Pokemon and that she was faster in the air now. Mimi said she was getting better in making clothes, and had actually made a skin-tight dancing suit for her trainer, which she is wearing right now. Quaju said he was stealthier than ever and that he was faster on land now. He also has a better foundation of trust and friendship with his trainer after the tournament seven years ago. When the Pokemon went inside the gym, they all looked around before they continued to talk with Raza.

Pyros, hearing the sudden appearance of Seven, whirled around and had actually jumped and got his defensive karate stance that was reminiscent of a Hitmonchan, while also giving out this hilarious and strangled scream and a war cry. When he saw Seven though, he relaxed a bit and sheepishly scratched the back of his head. He mumbled "sorry" before speaking up again. "Hello, Seven and Colress. What's up?" He turned back around with them to pay attention to Kukui when he finally starts the announcements of the brackets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Zarda and Chu had gathered all the brave Pokemon from Malie Garden that wouldn't run away at the sight of a flying, fire-breathing lizard and a floating, psychic, electrical mouse from abducting their friends and family. When they were in front of Shade and Stror, Chu told everyone that this was just going to be for research purposes and that they will all return home. They all needed to give up some kind of DNA. Seeing that none of the Pokemon here were machines or something similar, DNA collecting was going to be easy. Shade and Stror both sat down, while Chu allowed a Pokemon at a time to come forward to get their blood drawn by Shade, while Stror stores the blood vials away and then helps to calm down the slightly startled Pokemon, giving them berries and then having Zarda bring them back home.

Last edited:
Kukui smiled as more and more competitors for the tournament shuffled in, recognizing a few but telling himself that this was no time for small talk. He had a job to do, and it was up to him that all of these trainers understood the procedures for the tournament.

"Alola, everyone!" He greeted again, motioning his arms in the classic Alolan way. "Well now, I hope you all enjoyed that little opening ceremony. But I guess you're all itching to start and see who you're going to be battling first, am I right?" He rubbed his hands together, the man clearly eager himself. "But first!" He suddenly held up a finger, as to both stop himself and others from getting too excited. "I'm going to need all of your official Trainer Cards. Don't worry- I'll be giving them back!"

He filed through each of the trainers, taking their cards and moving over to the reception desk. He handed the stack over to the woman at her desk computer, who furiously began typing away once she had received the information she needed.

"Your Trainer Cards," Kukui began, getting the attention of everyone once more. "Are your tickets inside the arena. You might've noticed those two doors over on the back wall, yeah? They got a little card slot next to 'em. When it's your turn, all you gotta do is swipe, and you're in! Meet up with your opponent, decide who's going to be on what side, and take the appropriate door. And if you try to swipe in and it's not your turn- Well, you'll stay locked out. We got all of you in our computer system now, so it'll only detect the ID of the trainer whose currently supposed to be battling. If you wanted to watch, though, feel free to take this big staircase behind me! It'll lead out to the bleachers, so you can hop in anytime to check out the competition."

The woman quickly finished inputting all of the ID's from the cards, handing returning the stack to Kukui. He passed each card back to their respective owner, moving over next to a blank television screen. "Now, the fun part. The bracket! We'll be going down the row, starting with the top left trainers, making our way down, and then starting at the top again on the other side. Anyways, here you all finally go!" He grinned, barely able to hide his excitement as he grabbed the remote, thumb pressing one of the buttons. "Bam!"

An image flickered on screen, the LED screen slightly straining at the wave of information suddenly presented.
yiPqbcP.png

"Now, to quickly explain, I'm gonna give a real fast overview of how these battles are gonna work." He spoke, hoping they would all pay attention despite just now being revealed the bracket. "The battles are gonna be a three-versus-three, first one to two points being the winner. Kinda like rock paper scissors! Feel free to use any combination of three Pokemon for any battle you'd like. One thing, though- You can't switch out during the battle. The order you take your Pokemon in the arena is the order you're gonna battle with them in, so choose wisely. And moves like U-Turn, Volt Switch, or an ability like Emergency Exit? All nullified. They'll do the damage, sure, but it's the switching out part that isn't allowed, so be careful! You get a point when you knock out the opponent's Pokemon. Once a Pokemon on the field faints, both trainers will return their partners, and send in the next two. It'd be pretty unfair if the battle before was super close, and a weak Pokemon had to be kept out against a healthy one that just got sent out, right? Oh-! And Z Moves are allowed, given you have the needed materials." He looked over the small crowd, trying to read the expressions of the battlers. "I think that's everything. Any questions from any of you here?"

Pyros' reaction to Seven was definitely unexpected, both the automaton and scientist raising their brows. However, thankfully he realized who was speaking to him before he likely broke his hand trying to punch an android.

Furrowing her brows, the blonde woman offered her apologies, "It was not my intention to startle you, however I am glad to see you made it here."

Colress gave the man a smile, "Greetings! Ah yes, we're here for the tournament as you are. I am curious to see who we will be up against!"

Their conversation was ground to a halt when Kukui began to explain the competition, including its rules, and the brackets. Colress began to transcribe the information the professor presented, as to not forget any of it. Of course, his assistant was listening carefully to recall the information as well.

As the brackets were revealed, Seven's gaze fixed upon it. If they prevailed in their first round, they would be fighting Shiori, something the automaton did not wish for. His team was primarily Water-types, and Seven knew Thunderbolt. She would certainly be one of the three selected for that fight. Still, despite her hesitation she would put up the best fight she could.

So far, they had no questions, though it was good to know Z-moves were permitted.

Hearing a strange yelp, Shiori looked around to see where it had come from. But before he could locate Pyros, Professor Kukui started speaking. Behind Shiori and Angel, Raza perked up and also began to pay attention. As Kukui explained the tournament, a smile made it's way across Shiori's face. This was what he came for! And the actor could feel it in his bones, this... This was his day! He was going to win, Shiori could feel it! But when the bracket popped up, Shiori's face turned to one of apprehensiveness. His first match was with Sedna. The girl seemed strong when he had heard her talking in the Malasada shop. Then there was the chance of Shiori facing Colress, and possibly Seven. That wouldn't be fun.

Shiori shook off the apprehensiveness. It didn't matter! Little girls or scientists, Shiori would take them all out, and prove that he was finally strong. Remembering his luggage bag, Shiori glanced down at it and smiled. That's right... It wasn't just going to be Shiori Fujimoto that was fighting. Something bigger... Shiori looked back up at the bracket, his face showing determination and excitement. One way or another, He was going to give this crowd a show they would never forget.

"So, it looks like Pyros is up first." Shiori said to Angel. "Let's to find him and wish him luck!"

At his affirming that everything was fine, Zofera visibly calmed down. She was however, now seemingly stuck in a conversation with the man, though she made to mask her discomfort. It wasn’t like anything bad could happen in a public area like this, especially not with all these people around. Not to mention that the man in front her who, now that she got a good look at him, seemed like he might be a little younger than she was seemed like a nice enough person.

“I guess? I uh…I’ll admit it’s been awhile since I was anywhere this crowded,” she paused, looking around and genuinely taking in the amount of people here for the tournament, feeling quite small in the face of the crowd. She had to wonder if hating areas with large amounts of people ran in the family, seeing as her brother didn’t exactly like them much either. She’d have to say that she was at least marginally worse about than he was though, given her typical decisions to avoid them altogether.

She shook her head slightly, trying to get rid of the feeling, “It certainly is pretty rowdy thou- Oh!” She cut herself off as she saw Kukui up ahead beginning to speak again, seemingly setting things up for the tournament. She watched as the bracket was created, looking at the different names present before Kukui announced the rules. No switching was kind of odd, but other than that, it seemed pretty normal. It was at this point that she realized the awkward pause that she’d left the person walking with her in.

Not wanting to be rude and simply cut off the conversation, she spoke again, “So…are you participating in the tournament?” Even with the bracket up, it wasn’t like she knew the man’s name. Though she wasn’t the biggest on battle, more often treating it as another way to earn money as she went, she did enjoy watching tourneys from time to time, and knowing that she’d met one of the competitors, well she’d at least have something to talk about for a while, right?

Pyros smiled at Seven and Colress as they replied to him, but his attention was completely taken away as the lively man in front of them started to talk with eagerness. As Pyros handed Kukui his trainer card, he tried to peek at the cards already in Kukui's hand. Not because he was wanting to steal anyone's identity, but to see what kind of history they had and their age, but quickly stopped as he then found it quite intrusive and he felt deeply ashamed in himself. He looked over to the two doors on the back wall with the card slots when Kukui mentioned them, taking a mental note of their location, and then the direction of where the stands were. He took his card back with a smile and listened carefully to the rules, while also viewing his bracket and opponent. Not only that, but he took a mental note of who else he may be competing against. He's going against Rosalina, a lady he had never met before, nor seen in Alola, yet. A familiar name stuck out to him, seeing Gladion on the brackets. Well, this was going to get interesting. He was just talking about the bloke. He wondered if he overheard him at all. He got most of his information about his standings from some tabloid, so all the history he was spouting about Gladion was probably false. Whoops. He mentally smacked himself upside the head for that one. If he were to win, he would fight against Gladion or Daxter. He was more than certain that Gladion was going to win, so he would just have to figure out what Pokemon to use against Gladion. He thought the layout of the battle was strange, but he guessed they were unique and therefore quite interesting. Kyukon sat by his heels and listened closely, her eyes beaming with excitement when she heard that Z-Moves were allowed. Thank goodness, or else they would've had problems. Pyros had no questions he could think of at the moment, so he stayed silent.

Meanwhile, a few people behind, Angel was with Shiori and she was paying attention to the rules and the brackets, as well, even though she wasn't participating in the battles. She could feel the familiar air of the tension throughout the room; of competitive testosterone and estrogen clouding those who were serious about this sport; the feeling being sucked straight through her nostrils to awaken the adrenaline deep inside to make her more hyped about this than usual, even though she wasn't participating. She felt alive, and it was amazing! She was surprised not to see Seven up on the brackets, but when Zorro whispered something to her about her scent, she nodded in understanding. She knew it. She wasn't a human, but some kind of Pokemon or an android, at least. She must be a Pokemon. Anyway, she saw that Shiori was going up against Sedna. He hadn't heard nor seen the woman, so she didn't know how strong she was. Judging by Shiori's face, she could see that he wasn't so sure if he could win against her. She patted him on the back to comfort him a little. She whirled over when Shiori said they should find Pyros, and she nodded. Her Pokemon were getting a little tired being out of their Poke Balls, so they returned for now, with only Zorro and Mimi staying out. Mimi was now perched on Angel's shoulder, while Zorro stayed with Raza. She walked through the crowd, finding Pyros with ease. She glided right on through and stopped short behind him. Knowing how easily he can startle, she playfully jabbed him right in the side.

A girly yelp could be heard from the big man as he instantly covered his mouth with shock in his eyes and his posture jumping for a moment. He whirled around to see Angelia, waving innocently at him. He playfully glared at her and looked behind her to see Shiori. He smiled and waved at them both, giving them enough room to be at the front. Angel whispered in Pyros' ear, saying that they wished him luck. Pyros smiled and peeked over his shoulder at Shiori. He gave the man a thumbs up, and told Shiori he wished him luck, as well. He wasn't embarrassed in the slightest from his yelp, so he didn't exactly pay the crowd much mind whether or not if they had heard him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, in Malie Garden, Shade and Stror were just about halfway done trying to get the Pokemon's blood drawn. Some were proving cooperative, even going as far as calming down the others, while others were very scared and had tried to run away. Shade and Stror didn't want to force it upon the critters, but they had to for the research. They had Chu go over there, find the Pokemon's parents, and then bring them all over to Shade, with the parents there to calm down their offspring. Sometimes, the parents would even try to fight Shade and Stror, with Zarda and Chu persuading them from attacking, whether it be their diplomatic persuasion or their size and feeling of power emanating from them scaring them enough to let them do what they want out of fear. If they wouldn't listen to Tika or Skarpi (who were there to calm down the Pokemon and keep them all in line), then they would listen to Chu and Zarda. Although, they were wary when they got their offspring back, they were happy to see that Chu and Zarda were right when they said it would only take a moment and that their offspring wouldn't be harmed, aside from a prick. After Shade and Stror labeled all the vials and got the data from all the wild Pokemon living in Malie, as well as taken note of their parents, they packed everything up and got up. They waved goodbye to the wild Pokemon, with some of them waving back. Zarda huffed at Shade and Stror and then leaned down, wanting to give them a ride. Seeing that no harm would be done, Shade and Stror got on, with Stror holding on to Shade for dear life, and Shade holding on to the saddle with one hand and securing Chu close to her body with the other arm. Tika was still in Stror's hair, but now was holding on to the strands of gelled hair for dear life, and Skarpi was being held by Chu and shielding her from the harsh winds with her big tail. It was then that Zarda had taken a standing lift off, only jumping with one foot and a tail, which veered her towards the right towards Malie City and the gym.

They flew over the crowd and saw the gym. Cool! They landed right by the entrance, and they both patted Zarda's head, thanking her for the ride. Zarda growled delightfully and walked in with them, with Chu now floating beside Shade. Tika was now on Stror's shoulder and Skarpi on Shade's shoulder. They walked towards the crowd and saw the brackets. It seemed like Pyros was up against a girl named Rosalina. They didn't know about her, so they wouldn't be able to help Pyros with that. It seemed they arrived just at the end of Kukui's speech, so they waited until the group disbanded to do their things.

Last edited:
Shiori returned the thumbs up at Pyros, then adjusted his grip on his luggage bag smiling like a maniac. Oh, the luggage bag. Shiori was glad that Kukui was giving them each an hour before their matches to get ready. Shiori would definitely be taking use of that hour. Win or lose, he would be giving this crowd a show.
That is, unless you get totally annihilated. Out there, in front of everyone. You'll be the laughingstock of the battling community. A dark shadow whispered in Shiori's head. The actor pushed the thought away. No. No! He was not going to lose. He had come so far, and worked too hard. He had spent the last month training in the Nature Reserve, for Pete's sake! Shiori couldn't let doubt cloud his vision like it did back then. Taking a breath and putting a confident smile, Shiori grabbed his luggage and walked up to the seating area for the arena, looking for a good place to sit to watch the battles and cheer on his friends. Raza followed behind faithfully, still in her human disguise.

Pyros was indeed up first, and Seven looked to her Master with firm blue eyes. The scientist in turn flashed her a wide smile, "Of course we will watch his battle! In fact, I had plans to watch every fight, if that's agreeable Seven of Nine."

Responding with a firm nod, the automaton's gaze fell upon Shiori and Angel for a moment. Though she would have liked to sit with them, she also did not want to intrude on their reunion.

Giving his companion a small tug, Colress guided Seven towards the stands, following Shiori and Angel closely, though not explicitly on purpose.

---

Once Kukui was done explaining the brackets, Gladion kept his head low. He was going to be fighting soon, but it was enough time until he battled for him to have doubts. Following the crowd into the stands, he attempted to go unnoticed.

Atty watched as Kukui finally revealed the brackets, making a quick mental note that it was entirely possible that she would be battling today. Apparently her first round was with Maxene, who she remembered meeting back in the Malasada shop that very morning. She hadn't talked to the girl since, but hopefully it would end up being a great battle.

Still, she had plenty of time to kill before she was actually scheduled to battle. As much as she wanted to watch Pyros and the others, there was a little thought in her head that was still constantly nagging her. She turned to Pyros, also noticing the presence of Colress, Seven, and Shiori. She gave a gentle tug on the man's royal blue jacket to get his attention. "Hey, um- Don't take offense to this or anything, but, uh... I don't think I'll be around to watch your first battle." It stung to say that, but she really didn't mean any rude intentions by it. "There's just... Something that's been bothering me that I need to do." Her eyes scanned him, hoping her expression would give a hint as to what she was talking about.

--

Guzma watched as more and more trainers passed through his vision and entered the Gym. One of which he spotted and recognized in a flash. None other than Gladion, of course. Wasn't he supposed to be in Kanto at the moment? Last he had heard, the boy had left to pursue bigger goals.

Thinking about it, though, it was probably a high chance that his mother had set him up to coming back. There was always Lillie, but she was a fresh trainer and had begun raising her own Pokemon not too long ago, putting her on the spotlight so soon would be unfair. He had to hand it to her though, for all the shit she had to put up with, she was off to a great start.

At least having Gladion battling would mean he would have more than one person to root for.

Angel looked over to see Seven looking at her, since Angel's gaze at the professor was interrupted at Shiori picking up his suitcase, and then now she was making brief eye contact with the strange being a ways away. She raised an eyebrow and smiled. She called out towards them, inviting them to sit with them. Her gliding gait moved her along the floor as she hurried off to the stands to watch the fight. Zorro was following closely behind Angel, waving at Seven and Colress before returning his gaze towards the seats. Stror and Shade gave Pyros a pat on the back before retreating towards Atty to give her a thumbs up and with Shade, a hug, and then headed off to catch up to Angel, who was trying to find seats for five people, not including herself, Shiori, or Raza. Luckily, it was easier to do this, since the seats weren't completely filled up, yet. They still had an hour.

Pyros looked over at Atty before his siblings came over to wish them luck, raising an eyebrow at her. When he heard what she had said, it had taken him a moment to realize she was going to meet the guy. He smiled and stared into her eyes with his caring ones, wrinkles from stress appeared at the corners of his eyes and giving him a wiser and older look, and put a hand on her shoulder, telling her that it was alright. "I don't care if you watch me fight. Getting your life together and meeting that guy is more important than having you help me inflate my ego. To be honest, it's so big, it might become a Wailord hot air balloon at this point. Go get 'em. I have a feeling the guy might like you, too."

Patting her on the shoulder, he wished her luck in her love interest before being glomped by his siblings. After they left, he waved goodbye at Atty before going outside to train his Pokemon. Zarda had followed him out and he hopped on her back. She took to the skies and landed somewhere a little ways away from the tournament - a secluded area in which to train his Pokemon and get them through the run-down of what could happen.

Last edited:
Atty let out a sigh of relief that the older man didn't seem to be upset with her, even encouraging her to go out and execute her plan. Her lips turned upward into a smile, the girl nodding. "Ah- Thanks! I'm just hoping it all goes well when I find him, y'know?" She waved goodbye, stepping out of the Gym before him. She took a moment to look around, having a feeling that he was close by. It wouldn't be that hard to pick him out, anyways, considering his height. Her brown eyes scanned the streets, the young woman even going so far as to stand on her tip-toes to get a better view.

She had to do a double-take when she saw him, further up ahead the street, his back turned and exposing the large, red X on his jacket to her. She could feel the knot in her stomach tighten, knowing that was for sure him. Once her brain actually registered what was going on, her feet began to move, trying to weave through the bunches of people in the streets to catch up to him.

--

This was getting ridiculous. He had seen her enter, but it was taking way too long for something to actually happen. He couldn't stand waiting any more, kicking off of the wall he was leaning against. It was practically useless to continue trying at this point. Even if he was able to finally talk with her, the chances of him messing up were extremely high. Aside from that fact, she was far too good for him. She truly was better off without the likes of him tainting whatever positive image she had.

He gave a small grunt to himself, scowling and resuming presence in the crowd. He had no place being in the city anymore, figuring it was just best to make the trek back to the trailer park before things got any worse. Taking the southern street, it would only be a matter of time before he was away from the mass of people and back on Route 11.

Pyros' Pokemon were all fighting random rocks and trees to test their power. Since Kyukon was testing her strength, her Drought ability activated, and caused the sun's rays to be even harsher, which may or may not affect the tournament building and the people there. She tested out her Psyshock and how it can move, her Solar Beam's charge up time and how fast she can pull it off, and getting accurate with her Fire Blast. She also tried to see how fast she can pull off Nasty Plot.

Ennewt was doing the same with Fire Blast and Hidden Power Ice, and practiced the range on Sludge Wave, and how fast she can hurl the Toxic. Chandela was doing the same accuracy and power check with Flamethrower and Shadow Ball, and was practicing the quickness of his Calm Mind and Substitute actions. Nokus was practicing the power in his Outrage, Earthquake, and Poison Jab (he only used Earthquake and Outrage when no one was around him), and also practiced the quickness of his Swords Dance. Since he had to consume his Persim Berry after getting confused, Pyros gave him another one.

Boto was practicing the power of his Outrage, Earthquake (again, when no one was around), and both power and accuracy with Iron Tail and Fire blast. Baku was practicing the power of his Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse, as well as doing an accuracy check on Fire Blast, and how fast he can pull off Shell Smash. Since he had to consume his White Herb, Pyros gave him another one after the practice sessions were over.

With Kyukon, he practiced the power of her Firium-Z and ended up nearly causing a forest fire. He had to get Ennewt to "douse" it with her Hidden Power Ice. Once they were done practicing, he returned all of his Pokemon, hopped on Zarda and rode off towards the Pokemon Center to heal the exhaustion from his Pokemon. This had taken at least 30 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~[30 min time skip]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once he was done with that, and had himself and all of his Pokemon eat something, he headed off towards the Gym on Zarda's back. She landed just short of the door, and he had kissed her on her forehead. She grunted and affectionately nuzzled his cheek. Smiling, Pyros patted her on the neck and headed off towards the door where it would be time for him to participate. He put his ID card through the card slot, and since it was just about time for the battle, the doors accepted him. He walked through the corridor and ended up in the stadium, the stands looking down at him. The prospect of a battle was filling him up with glee and adrenaline.

As he made it to the center of the battle arena, he waved towards the crowd and bowed a little, before he made it to his side of the battlefield. Stror and Shade in the stands, now being accompanied by Zarda, rolled their eyes at their oldest brother, while Tika and Scarpia, now on their respective trainers' laps, were giggling in their chittering way, while Chu was squeaking in laughter and rolling her eyes. Angel and Zorro just chuckled as they watched, while they were sharing a bag of peanuts. They all watched with intent, when the opponent arrived.

(OOC: Permission from @EnderTheFox to auto their character)
BIC: Rosalina White appeared on the battlefield and entered her side of the stage. Pyros could tell she's a shy one. She was quite short, too. Kukui came up on stage and introduced everyone to the contestants. "Alola, everyone! Here on this side, we have Pyroshu Darastrix, the man of fire and dragons from North of Mt. Moon. Then on this side, we have Rosalina White from the peaceful town of Johto: New Bark Town. May the odds ever be in your favor! Now, send out your Pokemon!"

Pyros threw his Poke Ball in the air while smirking at Kukui's subtle-not-so-subtle reference, letting loose... His Chandelure. Seeing the huge crowd, Chandela cowered a bit, until he saw his trainer giving him a thumbs up and giving him a few encouraging words. A roar could be heard from the stands and saw Zarda roaring at them, with Stror and Shade waving at them. Chandela waved back and the little encouraging waves from Pyros' siblings really helped strengthen the Chandelure's courage. The lady let loose her Cloyster, and the Pokemon landed on the ground with a harsh thud. Seeing the large and intimidating Pokemon that was also a Water-Type, Chandela looked back at Pyros, who wasn't exactly expecting that either. He told Chandela that he will make sure the little chandelier didn't get hurt. Chandela nodded and put his full faith into Pyros' strategy.

The Cloyster, known as Glacier, was setting up for now, using Aqua Ring to begin healing himself gradually, and then using Shell Smash a couple of times afterwards to break his shell more and more to increase his speed and attack, while also decreasing the durability, and more-so his defenses quite considerably. The Aqua Ring was expelled by the Cloyster's inner mouth and was now washing over the Pokemon with healing water, floating around the Pokemon. He also smashed his shell a little with his inner body to make it easier for himself to attack and roll around. While Glacier was setting up, it left Chandela a chance to set-up, as well. He used Calm Mind several times to raise his special attack and defense just a bit, this technique also helping him in staying focus and not becoming as scared. His mind was now calm and he could focus easier now. As soon as the Cloyster unleashed his attack, Chandela created a substitute. The Pokemon unleashed a jet of water at the chandelier, the attack known as Hydro Pump. Thanks to Chandela's quick thinking, he immediately pulled up a Substitute, creating a fake version of himself that got hit by the waters. This damaged Chandela considerably, but he was able to dash forward and get close to the Water/Ice-Type Bivalve Pokemon. Since this Pokemon species generally have lackluster defenses when it comes to energy projectiles, Chandela was able to attack. Since he was so up close, he let loose a powerful Flamethrower.

The flames hit the damaged shell of the Cloyster, and the Pokemon was now getting worried. As per request from his trainer, he set off a Hydro Pump to counteract the Flamethrower. Seeing the flame dwindling down, Chandela used his speed to get out of there as fast as he could. He quickly dodged and twirled a bit, and then unleashed a blob of shadows at the Pokemon. Luckily, the Shadow Ball hit, and also caused the shell to weaken to further energy attacks. Sensing it was in danger, the Cloyster freeze dried particulates in the air to create sharp ice spikes, in which they immediately shot forward at the Chandelure. Because the Cloyster had Skill Link, an Ability that allowed Ice Shard to hit the maximum amount of times which also showed how well the Cloyster can hit objects, Chandela was in trouble. He tried to dodge them, but he was grazed by one, which consequently aided him in getting pummeled by the Ice-Type attack. He was knocked down, but he wasn't out, yet. Dazed, he got up and the flames on his body evaporated the now melting ice. He took a few bites from his leftovers to heal himself a little and then dashed forward. Before the Cloyster could react, he sent four Shadow Balls toward the Cloyster, side-stepping (or side-floating) to the side, so that the Shadow Balls would be harder to hit. Glacier unleashed another Ice Shard quickly, and had hit all of the Shadow Balls, with one heading towards Chandela. Pyros was waiting for that. He told Chandela to use Flamethrower, to which he did. The Ice Shard melted before hitting Chandela and the flame kept going towards Glacier.

Glacier, as per the quick request of his trainer, used Hydro Pump again. The two energies met and caused steam to appear from them both. Both attacks ceased when they couldn't see each other anymore. Slowly and quietly, the floating chandelier sneaked up on the position of the Bivalve Pokemon, to which he knew he couldn't move too far away, right? Well, he was wrong when he couldn't find him in his usual spot. All of a sudden, a Hydro Pump appeared from within the clouds of steam, catching Chandela off guard. The force of the hit was so much, it caused Chandela to get knocked back towards his trainer. He was severely weakened now. Pyros told him to move a bit, so the Cloyster wouldn't know where to hit and focus on using Calm Mind until he couldn't anymore. Chandela nodded and did as he said, floating a little to the corner of the battlefield and then using Calm Mind. Now, his Shadow Ball and Flamethrower were even stronger.

Glacier was trying to hit with Hydro Pump and Ice Shard, trying to get a feel for where he is, while he healed up from the damage. When the steam dispersed, Chandela wasn't at the corner anymore, but was now on Glacier's side of the field. The quick chandelier came up behind Glacier and unleashed a volley of eight Shadow Balls. The Cloyster got pummeled by six of the eight, with two reductions to his already lackluster defenses towards energy. Tired from using the same move, Chandela then used Flamethrower, as he only had a couple of uses of Shadow Ball left. Since Chandela was at an awkward angle for the Cloyster, Glacier couldn't exactly maneuver to face him. He sent a volley of Ice Shards at him, but all five shards melted as they hit the now beefed Flamethrower. The Pokemon, not having a resistance to the attack, almost melted from the sheer heat, and the sheer heat even dispelled his Aqua Ring. The merciless beat down by the chandelier left Chandela and Pyros victorious.

The chandelier rushed over to Pyros and gave him a long hug, happy to have won against a Water-Type. Pyros hugged back his ecstatic and loving part Ghost-Type and then kissed him on the flame sac, which was also his head. Kukui announced the winner, while also making a wince at Chandela's brutal flaming beat down. "Ouch! Looks like Glacier melted into a lake. Glacier, the frigid Cloyster, is knocked out! Chandela, the cute, yet brutal Chandelure, is the winner! Give them a round of applause everyone!" Pyros put the Pokemon back in his Poke Ball while now smiling eternally at Kukui's hilarious statements and then sent out Nokus his Haxorus, the same time Rosalina sent back her knocked out Glacier and sent forth her Primarina.

Glad he didn't pull out any other Fire-Type, but he knew that most Water-Types knew an Ice-Type move of some sort, even if they weren't Ice-Types themselves. Nokus roared as he was introduced on the field while Cascade, the Primarina, didn't exactly bat an eye towards the intimidation. Since Nokus' Mold Breaker won't get rid of Cascade's Torrent, Pyros thought of a good plan. He told Nokus, who was surprisingly faster, to set up a little with Swords Dance. Nokus crossed his arms against his chest to calm himself, and then slashed his jaw scythes against the armor of his forearms, sharpening them as well as making himself generally stronger by flexing all of his other muscles during the little dance.

Quickly, the Primarina created a cryogenic ball in her mouth, and then let loose a stream of frigid energy at the Haxorus in the form of an Ice Beam. Unable to move, Nokus thought he could tank the hit. After a moment of the beam hitting Nokus, he slowly moved from his bracing position. It didn't knock him out, but he was very injured from the blast. He shot forward, ignoring the muscles that he couldn't feel at the moment. His claws began to glow purple from the poison leaking from the claws and with draconic strength, found his opponent. The charging Haxorus caused Primarina to act without guidance, and use Moonblast to get him away. He focused all of his power from the cosmos into his hands and then tried to hurl the large ball of cosmic energy at the dragon. Haxorus was able to land a hit at the opponent, but the cosmic energy exploded and damaged Nokus considerably. Although, the Swords Dance setup was enough to cause Primarina to collapse from the Poison Jab's buffed attack, Nokus was at his last leg from the Ice Beam. They both collapsed near each other, the attacks knocking them both out. Seeing that both of the Pokemon had been knocked out at the same time, it was time for a draw breaker.

Kukui did the honors as usual: "Both Nokus, the terrifying Haxorus, and Cascade, the gorgeous Primarina, are down for the count. Looks like this will be the tie breaker round! Everyone, hold on to your Mudsdales! This is about to get intense!"

The two trainers returned their Pokemon, with Pyros kissing his Poke Ball. He pulled out another one and sent it out. In a flash of red light, it was Salamence, Boto. Knowing that Vivillons weren't exactly the bulkiest kinds of Pokemon, he decided to let Salamence have some fun. He told Salamence to "have at 'em", letting Boto free reign in the battle. The Vivillon tried to unleash a cloud of Sleep Powder from the wings, but Salamence flew right above it. His tail glowed with a steelish-grey color as the muscles in the tail hardened to a liking of steel in the form of an Iron Tail. He flew downwards, twirling his tail around at the last second to hit the little butterfly, but it swooped downwards, using Quiver Dance in the process. The butterfly danced about, avoiding the hits from the Boto's Iron Tail. It was only able to use the move once before Boto switched tactics. He used Outrage instead. A draconic, royal blue glow started to cover Boto and he roared menacingly. He then rushed forward, trying to hit the Vivillon, but Faye kept dodging. It was only until she tried to use Hurricane, did Boto get her. He flew right through the Hurricane, the partially buffed Hurricane almost knocking him out, but he pulled through, smashing into Faye with ungodly amounts of energy. The butterfly fell from the sky and her trainer returned her before she could land on the ground. Boto, now at the end of his attack, became a little confused from using the attack, and Pyros returned him before he ended up attacking something.

Kukui practically shouted into the mic clipped onto his lab coat's lapel, whooping and hollering with energy. "That's it! The cute and serene Faye the Vivillon is down for the count! Boto, the silly-named, yet tough Salamence, is the winner! Pyros emerged victorious! Give these great battlers a round of applause! They did amazingly!"

Pyros gave a thumbs up to Rosalina before she left the stadium to heal her Pokemon. He waved at the crowd and bowed again before leaving.

Angel, Stror, Shade, and their Pokemon were in shock at the display and they cheered him on throughout the battle. When he won, they all stood up and Stror whooped and hollered. Pyros won! They left their seats to meet him in person and to congratulate him.

Last edited:
As the paved stone streets slowly turned into a dirt path and her vision became clouded with more vegetation and bamboo, Atty had also begun to notice the crowds of people dispersing the more and more the followed Guzma out of the city. It wouldn't be that long of a walk back, but still was still on a slight time constraint given that she was supposed to be battling today. She could still make him out a bit ahead of her, X marking the spot.

She picked up her pace seeing as he hadn't bothered to turn around and notice her yet, still staying quiet as her sneakers hit the rustic pathway. It was a quick enough realization that if she didn't say something soon, she would either lose him and likely not see him for the rest of the entire week, or she would follow him all the way back down to the trailer park, where she had seen him so often before. Her walk turned into a jog, the lump in her throat breaking as she spoke up and finally made a noise.

"Um-"

That was all it took for him to suddenly stop in his tracks, the larger man turning with a displeased look on his face. He opened his mouth as if he was about to retort and say something- until it registered who was standing in front of him. His scowl faltered, staring at her in silence.

Realizing she was suddenly put on the spot, Atty couldn't stand another moment of silence. She awkwardly shuffled, the next thing coming out of her mouth being "Hey."

"...Hey." Guzma responded, still watching her carefully to see what exactly her intent was. His stomach was tied in knots over her standing there, just her mere presence giving the poor man anxiety. Was she here to belittle him? Call him out on his stalking?

Hearing the low rumble of his voice almost sent her over the edge, not expecting it to be so... Sultry. At least to her it was, anyways. She pushed on, not wanting to look like an idiot in front of the man. "Sorry if this is kind of out of the blue," She began again, her pink lips turning up into a smile, albeit a nervous one. "I just... Really wanted to say hi and introduce myself."

"No, no, it's 'aight, I just, uh..." He brought a hand up to scratch at the back of his neck, simply at a loss for words. "Name's Gu-"

"Guzma, right?" She interrupted him suddenly, remembering what Pyros and the others had told him. It seemed like she was really the only one that hadn't heard of him before.

The knots tightened further, prompting the man to swallow. If she had already known his name, God knows what else she had heard about him. Things had just gone from awkward to awful in a matter of seconds. "...Yeah, Guzma." Still, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't be mad. Hearing her actually say his name was perfect, her tone so light and sweet.

"Oh, good!" Unfortunately, Atty had yet to catch on to his internal dilemma, her smile widening as she introduced herself next. "My name's Atlas, but I typically just go by Atty. ...Did you, um, want to walk back to Malie together and keep talking? It's okay if not, though, I hope I didn't catch you at a bad time."

His hand finally fell from the back of his neck, and he could feel his face start to warm. Not only was her name cute, but she had actually offered to walk back together. Despite whatever she had heard from everyone else, he could only hope that this meant she was giving him a chance. "Nah, it's cool. We could- Yeah, we could walk together." Slightly stuttering, he nodded and stuffed both hands in his pockets, swaggering over to her.

The first thing she noticed was his height. Although it was visible before, being next to him actually made a huge difference. Even with the man slightly slouching, the top of her head still could only come up to his shoulders. It was a bit flustering, and it was hard to keep her eyes on him, but this was only the beginning. They had the walk back to talk, and hopefully she could bring him out of his shell and get to know him a bit more.

Given the pair did not have any interest in the festivities, Colress and Seven remained seated up until the time of Pyros' fight. Some time passed, and the fight was finally going underway.

Immediately, Pyros was at a disadvantage, which caused the automaton's brows to knit together with some concern. The odds were not in his favor, despite the fact that Fire-type moves would still strike normally.

Colress, of course, stated the obvious, "Pyros has a 37% chance of winning this round."

As the fight progressed, it was becoming clear that the Chandelure was outmatched. Seven sat tense, however despite its disadvantage, Chandela came out on top. An involuntary sigh of relief escaped her lips. Holding up her hands awkwardly, she attempted to mimic her Master, clapping along with the crowd.

One down, two to go.

This matchup was still poorly matched. A Dragon-type against a Fairy. Seven appeared concerned. "It would appear he only has a 18% success rate on this matchup."

"So it would seem."

The fight did not last very long, as the two Pokémon made fast work of each other, though fortunately it ended in a draw, giving Pyros another chance.

A Salamence had a considerable advantage over a Vivillon. Colress smiled, "Pyros has the advantage! There is a 83% chance that he will overhwelm his opponent."

And overwhelmed it was. Seven felt a sense of odd relief when the red-head won, now allowing him to continue in the competition. Standing up, she gave him applause alongside her Master before she turned to address him, "I wish to congratulate him. I will return, Master."

With that, she left the stands and attempted to find Pyros.

The woman didn't actually seem sure in her answer. It was a little weird, but then again some people didn't go to these types of events all the time. And the amount of people here was pretty staggering for the city, as far as Gerald knew. He sort of assumed the less urban areas would get less coverage as opposed to Akala and Melemele. But this place was still miles ahead of Poni, to which he heard was more or less a canyon with a small port off of it. At least, "Not a suitable place for an office establishment" as Kiran had put it. Though given the recent development of a league upon the snowy mountain of Lanakila, Gerald wouldn't really be surprised if a city were constructed on Poni Island.

She did agree that it was rowdy, but was cut off by the Kukui fellow again. He was talking about the tournament and...Oh wait, that was important to Gerald, wasn't it? The battle bracket was revealed- and below a matchup for an "Atlas" and "Maxene" was him, up against someone named Ken. Huh. Interesting, Gerald hadn't met a Ken on this day, but...well, he was going to now! Hmm. How would he tackle that first, unknown battler...He was fine with no switching, and three on three were pretty normal rules. What to do, what to do...

“So…are you participating in the tournament?”

Oh yeah, he was walking and chatting with someone, wasn't he? "Oh, oh yeah. I'm in the tournament. I'm right up there, against Ken. Er, Gerald. That's me." Hmm. Was she asking because she was in the tournament too?...Well, one way to figure that out. "Are you up there? I mean, in the tournament."...That was sort of a silly question. If Gerald assumed based on name, there were...two, three or so women in the tournament? The odds were low, especially in such a big crowd, but possible...However unlikely.

“Gerald, huh?” Zofera glanced back to the board for a second before a slight grin appeared on her face. At least she didn’t seem to be the only one who’d practically forgotten the conversation she’d been a part of.

"Are you up there? I mean, in the tournament."

The grin on Zofera’s face seemed to brighten a little more, before she quickly attempted to wipe it from her face. It’d seem rude perhaps, but she couldn’t quite help it with how it reminded her of some of her best memories. At this point, to her at least, it felt clear enough that this person was pretty alright.

“No, no. I don’t really participate in a lot of tournaments,” she sighed before continuing, “They’re fun and all, but unless you get to the end there isn’t really much of a reward for it.” Zofera merely shrugged at the end of her statement, “Though it’s pretty cool that I’m getting to meet one of the participants. Good luck in your match, whenever it happens.”

The crowds started moving again, pushing people into the gym for the event to begin before Zofera had realized she’d forgotten something once again. “Oh yeah…Zofera by the way. That’s uh…my name.” She couldn’t help the awkward chuckle that escaped her as her awkward statement seemed to almost mirror the way Gerald had announced his own name and position in the tournament.

Following the crowds Zofera watched as the first set of the tournament got under way, bearing witness to a man by the name of Pyroshu pull off a victory, despite two of the match ups being incredibly far from his favor. She had to admit that it was impressive, especially being able to beat a Cloyster with a Chandelure. Even with the ice typing making fire more effective, with all the setup the pokemon had used, it had seemed improbable. There was definitely some talent her today, that much was certain.

The pair of Atty and Guzma had made their way from the bamboo-covered Route 11, back to the streets of Malie City. The tensions had slowly eased as they found more and more topics to discuss, Guzma even keeping his glasses up and hood down. There were a couple stares he could feel on him, but the brunette was providing to be an effective distraction. He could only hope his bad reputation didn't rub off onto her.

"So where'd you say you was from again?" His grey eyes traced the young woman next to him, speaking up and looking over.

"Unova- More specifically Mistralton City." She nodded, feeling much more open to talk about herself, even excited at the thought of bonding over the little things.

"Huh, that's pretty cool, I heard the region's got some pretty diverse bug-types. M'dad's from Unova, too," He paused for only a minor second, speaking up again before she could pry at all about his family life. "You here for the tournament thing they got goin' on for the festival, right?"

Atty's eyes widened. The tournament! She had gotten so carried away with their talk, becoming so invested in the man, that she had basically shoved all of that to the very back of her mind. "Oh- Shit, right! Thanks for reminding me... Anyways, I said I'm from Unova, but I didn't come here just for that. I've been in Alola a couple months already, doing that Island Challenge thing. But, I'm scheduled to battle today, sometime soon I think, actually."

So, she was really doing that stupid Island Challenge, huh? The thing that basically gave him a slap in the face and made him realize he wasn't good enough? He could feel his heart sink. Although he wanted to wish her well, he still resented the very idea of the Challenge and all the trials and whatever. "What's your battle number?"

"Third, I think? Pyros just probably finished up- The red-head I've been hanging out with, y'know? I'll have to introduce him to you sometime."

"Is he... Y'know...? Are you two...?"

"What? Oh, God, no!" Atty couldn't help but to laugh at his assumption, feeling bad for Guzma, but also finding the idea absolutely ridiculous. "Nonono, we just met today! Plus, he's like, 30-something. Too old for me. If I can be honest, I haven't really had a relationship for a while..." She broke eye contact with him, face turning a slight rose. "I had an ex in Kalos about a little over a year ago, but it didn't last."

The clouds in Guzma's head seemed to clear at that notion, realizing that, yes, this girl in front of him he had seemed to fall so easy for was, in fact, single. He gave an akward cough, not wanting to push the idea of dating onto her just yet. They had only been hanging out for about an hour, after all. "So, uh, do y'know who's ahead of you if you're third, then?"

"Lemme think, uh... It started with a G, I remember that much. Gladys? Glado?"

Ah-ha. "Gladion?"

"Yeah, him!"

A grin swept onto his face. So the kid really was battling after all, huh? "Funny you should mention, I actually know the kid. We go back a bit," An idea suddenly popped into his head, something that he would've never thought about or suggested if she wasn't with him. "Y'know, uh... If y'wanted, we could pick up somethin' to eat and head to the stadium if he's up soon. I wouldn't mind watching the kid duke it out, especially if you're right after."

The rose on Atty's cheeks from before seemed to flush stronger, not expecting an offer from him, considering she was instigating most of the conversation. A soft smile grew on her lips, and she nodded. "...Yeah, I'd like that. We can do that."

The first battle had concluded, and it seemed that he would be up next, though he had an hour to make his preparations. This was his first tournament, so Gladion was unsure of what he should do. Some last minute training perhaps, but he didn't want to tire out his partners before the fight. Nor did he want to feed them to weigh down their stomachs. Perhaps researching was his best plan.

Sitting in the Pokémon Computer Lab, Gladion pulled up all known records on Daxter Theroux. To his surprise, he was the reigning Champion of the Unova Region. He had an affinity for Bug-types, which was a bit surprising. Generally Champions weren't Type-specialists, but it seemed his team was fairly well-rounded, which might explain his reign.

His best chance was to go with Pokémon that had Fire, Flying or Rock moves. That left him with three choices. His Lycanroc, Crobat and Charizard. It looked like his team of 3 had been decided. Letting out those three Pokémon, he began to discuss strategy with them, going over their potential opponents, and pointing out possible weaknesses. This lasted a little under an hour....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~[45 Minutes Later]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was time. With his Trainer card in hand, he slipped it into the card slot, and made his way into the arena proper.

He wasn't expecting anyone to watch him fight. Well, not anyone he specifically cared about. His mother and Lillie were busy at Aether Paradise, and there's no way anyone formerly from Team Skull would come by. Potentially some Battle Royal fans would be here, but he didn't know any of them. Though his mother basically strong-armed him into this tournament, he was doing it for himself, and for his partners. Though they didn't finish their Kanto tour just yet, he'd show everyone how much stronger they've become.

---

Gladion and Daxter made their way towards their respective sides of the field, each with a pokéball clutched in their hands.

Kukui's voice could be heard over the loud speaker, as he boomed jovially, "Alola! On this side, we have Daxter Theroux, the current Unovan Champion who is representing Lacunosa Town! And over here is Alola's own Gladion, heir to the Aether Foundation! Cheer them on folks! Now, send out your Pokémon!"

Gladion sent out his Midnight Lycanroc which faced off against Daxter's Crustle. The Crustle immediately started out with a Shell Smash, to which the Lycanroc closed in with a super-effective Stone Edge! But the Crustle wasn't going to give up just yet. It let loose a terrifying Earthquake, which shot towards Gladion's Pokémon with great speed and power. It was only able to dodge at the last second, the shattered earth striking it and throwing it backwards. However, its opponent's defenses were down. Running as fast as it could, the Lycanroc Fenrir sent out yet another Stone Edge, striking the Bug-type and sending it skyward. As it landed, the weight of its own rock seemed to incapacitate it.

"It looks like Earthl got caught up in a Rock Tomb! That means that the Lycanroc Fenrir is the victor!"

Next up was Gladion's Crobat, verses Daxter's Galvantula. As soon as the Electric-type was revealed, the blonde teen swallowed hard.

"Don't let it hit you with electricity!"

Of course, easier said than done. Crobat attempted feats of Acrobatics to overwhelm the arachnid, however that was quickly shut down by a Bug Buzz, the horrific sound overwhelming the Crobat's delicate sensory organs. With its ability to navigate impaired, it lunged towards the Galvantula with a Cross Poison. However, as it approached, the opposing Pokémon let loose a point-blank Thunder which completely incapacitated the Golbat.

"Ouch, that Golbat got caught up in an Electroweb and couldn't escape. Ellie the Galvantula is the victor!"

One more fight to go. Grasping his wrist, Gladion attempted to ease the nerve pain in his arm, but the pain was only flaring up as the battle grew heated. However, he needed to send out his last Pokémon. A flash of light revealed Gladion's Charizard, alongside Daxter's Escavalier. Fortune favored him today. His Charizard roared in delight, as he knew this would be an easy match.

The Escavalier charged with a Megahorn, but was stopped in its tracks as the Charizard unleashed a Flamethrower. It was exceptionally effective, and the Bug-type doubled over in agony. Not giving it a chance to recuperate, Ouryu let out yet another Flamethrower that brought it to its knees.

"That was a hot battle! Looks like Vince just couldn't take the heat! The victory goes to Ouryu the Charizard! And with that, Gladion has emerged victorious! Give these wonderful battlers a round of applause, they certainly deserve it!"

With the nerve pain dying down, Gladion was finally able to put his hands in his pockets, keeping his gaze averted. However after a few moments he looked to Daxter to give him a nod before the pair made their way out of the stadium.

His team fought well, but they needed to be healed. With that, Gladion made his way towards the Pokémon Center.

Pyros was in the lobby, surrounded by his sister and brother, Angel and Zorro, and the now approaching Seven. He smiled as everyone gathered around, but he began to feel a little nervous - not from the people surrounding him, but from all the praise he was getting. He had to calm everyone down before he began to talk. "Hey, guys, come on. I know you guys are all excited, but let me through. I gotta get my Pokemon to the Pokemon Center."

There was essentially a small crowd following Pyros as he went to the Pokemon Center. They all chatted for a bit before Pyros got his Pokemon back and they all went back to the stadium to watch the next fight. He sat right by Colress and Shiori, while the little group found their own spots right next Pyros and they watched the fight occur down below.

Gladion, an Aether Foundation heir, against the Unovan champion called Daxter. Interesting, but what was even more interesting was the battle. It seemed that Gladion had researched this guy well, as he was fighting against his weaknesses very quickly and very well. Lycanroc swiftly defeated Crustle after it had sustained some super effective damage, and then Crobat got completely roasted by the Galvantula. Then, there was the Charizard against a Bug/Steel-Type Escavalier. Angel, Pyros, and his siblings all knew that Gladion was going to win. Pyros and Stror both whooped and hollered when Gladion won, still giving as much friendly sportsmanship as they could. Zarda roared excitedly, telling the other Charizard down below that he had fought well. Pyros instantly remembered the brackets and that Gladion was going to fight him next round! That means his Charizard can duel with the kid's Charizard! Perfect! Time to show what 30 years of experience looked like. That's when he remembered that Zarda wasn't going to be participating in this tournament, and a wave of sadness struck him. Oh, well. At least he'll get to battle Boto. Maybe he can have the two Charizards duel outside of the tournament? Maybe that could be a thing.

Last edited:
Seven patiently waited to congratulate Pyros, which turned out to be nearly an hour after she started stalking him. It all turned out well however, as he sat near them in the stands to watch the latest fight.

Colress and Seven had limited contact with Gladion, however they were aware he was the President's son. He was certainly a competent fighter, and it was obvious he researched his opponent, otherwise a win would not have been as easy to achieve.

Looking to Pyros, the automaton spoke up, "Pyroshu Darastrix. You are to fight Gladion, sub-unit of Lusamine in the next round. Perhaps I could help you formulate a strategy? I believe you are the stronger Trainer, however it is apparent that they will do everything in their power to gain the upper hand."

Pyros looked back at Seven and had responded to her question. Although, Seven could notice that his blood pressure was rising at the mention of the question, denoting that he was slightly nervous about the battle with Gladion.

"Well, my usual strategy is to hit so hard, their defenses break. Since this kid likes to research his opponent... Well, I can either sabotage his plans on researching about me or I formulate a plan about how to knock out his Pokemon. I'm thinking of unleashing Boto against his Charizard though. My Salamence wants to have a good fight against a Dragon-Type or at least something akin to a Dragon-Type. I also noticed that Gladion's hand is hurting, and he is physically in pain. I have no idea why that is happening, but I'm assuming it's something nerve related when it comes to adrenaline. Anyway, if I overwhelm his Pokemon enough to cause the pain to be so bad he can't instruct his Pokemon, then easy win. Boto is really good at that... I should definitely use him next."

As if to finish off his statement, he cracked open a peanut and watched Gladion veeerrrry closely, making sure no detail left his sight.

Last edited:
Both Atty and Guzma had made their way into the stands without drawing too much attention, situating themselves in a less-populated area of the stands. While Guzma had practically devoured his pizza slice and cocoa before the two could even get close to the renovated Gym, Atty meanwhile was taking her sweet time with her cotton candy. The sugar from the cotton decorated her fingertips, the girl having to occasionally lick the stickiness off.

To say he wasn't trying to catch looks at her would be a lie. Could you really blame him though? It was hard not too when she was sitting right next to him, the perfume she was wearing almost starting to do more to him than the Salazzle pheromones from earlier.

Luckily, things had begun quick enough. Gladion was up this time, entering the field with the current League champion from Unova. Though it had been years since Atty was last caught up with the league of her town region, seeing Daxter felt familiar. Especially with the Pokemon he had used, there was no doubt he hailed from Unova.

Surprisingly, the battle had captured Guzma's interest more than he was anticipating. He watched as it unfolded, making a quick note that all the Pokemon Daxter owned were bug types. While he found himself showing appreciation for the Unovan and his choice of Pokemon, his feelings towards wanting to see Gladion win seemed to be stronger. The boy had the upper hand to begin with, bringing along a team that could counter all the bugs. It hurt Guzma seeing them practically crushed in battle, but he felt a sense of pride for Gladion when he was announced the winner.

The two had clapped along with the rest of the cheering crowd, Guzma moreso than some of the others. "Yeah, that's the good stuff, kid!" He yelled out, not even caring if the boy ended up hearing him or not, leaning back into his seat once things died back down.

Atty, meanwhile, could feel the pit in her stomach begin to grow. It was lucky that she had finished her cotton candy, because now her appetite was lost. She fiddled with her fingers, letting out a deep breath once she realized she would have to stand out in that field in only an hours time.

"Hey-" Her thoughts were interrupted by the low voice next to her. She looked over to see Guzma still sitting, cold, steel eyes watching here. "You're up next, right?" He barely gave her time to answer, knowing that the question was redundant. "Listen, I'm sure you'll do fine. Don't you got a Golisopod?"

"Y-Yeah," She nodded. "Her name is Flower."

He could feel his cheeks warm up. With every passing minute, something new was revealed about her and her life, and he found himself continuously falling more and more. "Cute name. But yeah," He hesitated for a minute, a large hand finding a fitting place on her shoulder. "Don't worry about a thing, 'aight? You got some good Pokemon on you. I'm lookin' forward to seeing you kick some ass."

The butterflies in Atty's stomach returned as she felt the warmth between them, the noises of the shifting crowd droned out as she listened to his words. They struck a cord within her, and a newfound confidence emerged. "Right... Right! I got this, I have nothing to worry about." She stood from her seat, turning back to Guzma. "I'll be back... Soon-ish?"

He couldn't help but smile along with her, kicking back in his seat since the person in front of him had gotten up. "Take all the time you need. I ain't goin' nowhere."

Atty gave one last nod and wave to the man, turning and exiting the stands. She set off back towards Route 11, her team in tow, looking forward to a bit of training before the match could start.

"Your strategies are sound. However you cannot which Pokémon you battle against, additionally there is no guarantee that Gladion will use Species 006." When he continued to note Gladion's physical state, the automaton nodded, "You are correct. It appears to be nerve damage associated with a physical trauma. However, he may have adapted."

With the fight concluded, Seven sat quiet for a few moments attempting to devise a strategy. "Your team is primarily Fire and Dragon type. Gladion will not use a Pokémon with an obvious disadvantage. That eliminates Lucario. Rock-types have an advantage against Fire-types, so his Lycanroc has a 92% chance of appearing on his team. Given the utility of the Porygon-line, I suspect his Porygon-Z will also be added to his team. This leaves him with a choice between Crobat, Zoroark and Charizard."

After a few moments, she announced to no one in particular, "The upcoming round is a battle between Atlas Bennett and Maxene Vogel."

Last edited: