• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Alola World Festival [RP]

Atty had to quickly compose herself, as she and Shade were approaching the crowd, the stage from before coming into view. Things appeared a bit more organized now, and Kukui was looking eager to start.

She gave a small whimper as Tika tried to wipe her tears, the brunette squeaking out a "Thank you," before taking a deep breath and letting the Joltik nestle into her shoulder. Ruby leaned over into Tika's space, giving the tiny bug a quick sniff. Atty, meanwhile, fanned herself, looking over at Shade as her two other Pokemon accepted affection from their trainer. It was sort of adorable the way Shade reacted though, the squealing contrasting her darker look.

"Sorry about that," Atty spoke up, giving a secondary apology. "It's hard to control myself when I get going like that. You can thank Burgh for most of that..." She gave a small smile, explaining quickly before they had assimilated into the crowd and she was drowned out. "I was kinda an apprentice for him when I was younger. I mainly started off with Bug Pokemon because they were easy to raise, but he opened my eyes to a lot more potential with them. Including how adorable they can be."

She had to turn her attention to Emerald, however, as he explained what his Gardevoir was doing. Watching the orb form over a spot in the crowd, she gave a small frown. "Are you sure that's him? I-I mean, even if it is him over there, I don't think talking to him for the first time in a big crowd would be a very good idea-" Before she could finish her though, the orb had suddenly shattered from what Atty could only assume was another attack to retaliate. "...Oh."

--

Guzma's attention was drawn upwards as the people around him began speaking amongst themselves, talking about what sounded like some weird orb. His eyes flicked to the space above him, clearly seeing the orb that hung overhead him and the others around him. He frowned, a look of intense confusion plastered on his face. However, before he could do anything about it, the orb shattered and dissipated into thin air.

There were some "ooh"s and "ahh"s from the others around him, who were simply assuming it was apart of the show. He knew better, though. He had made himself too known at this point, and now someone was out for him. He could feel the knot in his stomach tighten. The one, single thing had wanted to avoid was now happening right before his eyes, and it was all the fault of that stupid, stupid Salazzle's fault for turning him into some loverboy out of a YA novel.

Furrowing her brows with at least simulated concern, the android listened to Shiori's tale. Though she had no first hand experience, everything she's read about Mt. Mortar indicates that it would be a difficult journey for even an experienced Trainer. "You are fortunate you were not damaged." At the mention of the repels, the woman nodded, "At least you are now prepared."

Clenching her jaw, the automaton averted her gaze, "My Master and I traveled through Chargestone Cave. Though it may not have been as difficult to pass through as Mt. Mortar, it was still challenging."

On the topic of Silph Co, the woman raised a brow, "Unova? Of course. Given that you are an actor, that is to be expected." As he continued to explain their heightened security, Seven's gaze fell downcast, "I understand. Perhaps I could locate my programmer, Ken Narita. That might be a more effective use of my time, if I do travel to the region."

Tika looked up at the Weavile and waved her stubby little leg happily. She greeted happily with a little chitter and then rested there. Meanwhile, Shade listened as she held her cuddly mouse, since Atty's story intrigued her. She securely got her Alolan Raichu hanging on one arm before waving her other hand to dismiss her apology, saying that it wasn't necessary to apologize for gushing a little bit. She continued to listen as they were approaching the crowd, her story on how she became in love with Bug-Types made Shade smile warmly.

Meanwhile, Chu had seen something happening a ways away, and so did Zarda. She had spotted Guzma in the crowd, and he turned out to be in a bit of a pickle. Chu thought that it might be a good idea to escape from her trainer's grasp and help. She flipped herself out of her trainer's arms and then surfed through the crowd. She stayed low, surfing between people's legs. She finally made it to where the orb was hit, and saw Guzma, all in a fret. She looked up at him with adorable eyes and beckoned for him to follow her, while squeaking quietly. She was trying to help him out of his situation. Shade noticed Chu was gone, but knew she could handle herself. She kept a good eye on her until she couldn't see her anymore.

Atty had begun to forget her anxieties, after that ride on Zarda and now talking with Shade. She barely noticed Chu surf away into the crowd, figuring she was simply finding Pyros and Stror. "Yeah, we also got to bond over the whole artist thing, too." She smiled, continuing her story now that Shade was giving her a chance to speak. "Art isn't really something I wanna take up as a career because I'm too busy looking after my Pokemon, but it's something I enjoy. I wanna say I'm pretty good at it too, but that's really dependent on everyone elses' opinions." She shrugged. "Either way- Now here I am in Alola! With Ruby, and Dakota, and all my other teammates."

--

Guzma could feel himself tense up, recalling back to how Plumeria had teased him about needing to be picked up. At this rate he probably needed her help, as much as he hated to admit it. Coming to Malie was a mistake.

He looked down, feeling something at his feet, staring as an Alolan Raichu peered up at him. His first thought was that it could be Hau's- But looking closer, this Raichu appeared to be a bit older and more experienced than his. Guzma glanced around at his sides, hoping no one was currently watching him, and spoke up to the mouse, not at all pleased.

"Oh nononono. I ain't fallin' for this, rat. Don't expect me to follow you or whatever the hell you want, 'cause I'm NOT moving from this spot." He hissed, voice low so Chu could hear. Saying that outloud, however, he suddenly had his doubts. Did he really want to stay there, knowing that someone knew about him being here?

Shade listened intently, smiling at her hobby of drawing and being artistic. She added in that she loved to draw, too, but because of her research, her drawing only became something she'd see through a microscope. It wasn't the most pleasant thing to draw, but she loved it all the same. She then responded with a "cool" at her last statement, but her second to last statement bothered her. Then again, art was a weird subject since people who drew needed constructive criticism from others, but not take it so harshly either. She then realized her Chu was gone for a little longer than usual, and her anxiety started to creep up. Where was she? Her eyes darted about the crowd, but couldn't find her.

Meanwhile, Chu gave a deadpan look at the man in front of her. She mumbled something in Poke-speak, saying something to the effect of "stubborn". She then had an idea about charades, and played it with him. She pulled her ears up and wiggled them around like an insect, while also putting her paws up to her face to mimic mandibles. She then tried her best to sound like a Golisopod, making this weird hybrid of a chitter and a squeak. She then pointed to the direction of where the Charizard's roar was, and the general direction of where Atty was.

Last edited:
Atty continued her talk with Shade, mainly giving a quick overview to the regions she had been to and what her plans were for the future. Though nothing was set in stone, as of right now, her plan was to return back to Unova after collecting a decent amount of Z Crystals from Alola. Perhaps she would visit Hoenn in the future, or go back to one of the regions she was unable to collect all eight badges from. She had certainly grown since then, and completing her collections would be a step in the right direction.

--

Guzma stared back with a deadpan look just about as equal to Chu's. Admittedly, he wasn't very good at the charades thing, but there were some things he could pick up. "What, you tryin' to be a bug now? Yeah, yeah, I know, I like bugs. What are you even tryin' to get at here." He frowned, silently berating himself that this was happening. He was talking to a Pokemon, for God's sake.

He turned his head, standing straight up and looking over in the direction where the Raichu was pointing towards. Hadn't he just come from that way? He squinted, eyes going wide when he finally saw what Chu was talking about. Of course it was her, how didn't he catch on sooner? She was walking towards the crowd he was stuck in the middle of, now with another woman at her side. Ducking back down quickly before he could be noticed, he hissed again to the Pokemon. "Seriously? Not now, God damn it! I ain't gonna suddenly go up and introduce myself, if that was your plan. Don't even try to play wingman here."

Emerald shrugged. "Guess you're right. Hm. I should listen to the announcements, just so I could get a taste of this tournament. I mean, I'm not really battling, because I've done enough battling in the Sootopolis, Mosdeep, and Dewford Gyms." He said, and cut all conversation after that. Then, he saw that Luster was out. He quickly returned him, as having a Shiny Sableye would boost the attention he he gets. And, even if he had to, he wanted it to be in some sort of battle.

Noticing the disappointed look on Seven's face, Shiori mentally hit himself for being oblivious. He had never been very good at noticing peoples feelings about something until it was too late, and hadn't meant to take away Seven's hope.
"Well, I wouldn't rule visiting Silph Co. out yet." Shiori said, trying to give Seven some hope still. "The Director is a pretty cool guy. If you or your master could get on his good side, chances are he could let you visit."

As Shiori attempted to cheer her up, the blonde's gaze met his once more. After a few moments of contemplation, she'd respond, "I see. Well... perhaps I will contact them if I find myself in Kanto."

Clenching her jaw, the woman's adjusted herself so that she would have a better view of the crowd around them. However, her Master was nowhere to be found. Logically, he would be present for the opening ceremony.

As the woman scanned the crowed, the man beside her might feel a pair of eyes upon him. However, if he looked for the source, he would not find one. Well, perhaps a few nearby girls, but nothing that should trigger that specific instinct.

Visibly frustrated, Seven's brows creased as she made one last visual sweep of the area. Turning to the actor she spoke up, "The Opening Ceremony should not be much longer..." Pausing a moment she continued, "I did not ask. Are you a personal friend of Pyros, or merely acquaintances?"

"Oh, I would say just friends." Shiori said. "Only met him this morning, but he showed me around Malie City and seemed pretty cool. Not only that, but coincidently we have a mutal friend. A woman named Angel. She-"
As Shiori was talking to Seven, he suddenly got a shiver up his spine. What was that feeling? Nervosness? Apprehension? No... It feels like someone had their eyes on him. Shiori looked around, but there was too many people in the crowd from him to really tell if they were looking at him.
"That's strange..." Shiori said, a serious expression on his face. Suddenly, he was back to normal. "Are you sure you don't want a piece of RageCandyBar?"
Shiori offered the last piece of his candy bar to Seven.

Nodding, Seven responded, "I see. He is only an acquaintance of mine as well. I had hoped that perhaps we would meet with him again before the tournament, but that might not be possible." At the mention of a mutual friend, the automaton raised a brow before frowning when he immediately cut himself off. She detected potential apprehension, but there was no visible source. She was unsure how to bring this up with him, so she stated the facts, "Your heart rate has increased."

At the offer, the guised Virtual Pokémon shook her head, "It is appreciated, however I do not require sustenance."

So before he had stopped himself, he mentioned a woman. "If you are undamaged, I would like to know more about your mutual friend."

"Oh, Angel?" Shiori said, popping the last piece of RageCandyBar in his mouth. "She's really cool, probably one of the coolest people I've ever met. Before I became an actor, I tried being a professional Pokemon trainer. I would try for the occasional tournament, but never get very far. In my last tournament, years ago, was when I met Angel. I had, eh, been in a bit of a bad spot."
Shiori shifted uncomfortably.
"I just seemed to keep losing. Over. And over. And over. No matter how hard I trained, I just couldn't seem to win." Shiori smiled a sad smile at Seven. "I guess that's what you get for running a team of nearly all water types, and fish ones at that. It was getting so bad that I would end up quitting in the middle of a battle, even if it was going my way, because I thought it was better than just getting the match turned around in me."

Shiori leaned against the wall and looked up at the sky, smiling.
"But Angel was the one that managed to snap me out of that funk. My confidence in myself and my Pokemon were big problems, and she gave me some encouragement to get over it. And even though I didn't place in the tournament, I still managed to knock a few wins. Actually, that tournament was how I became an actor. The director Jean Pierre was watching, and took a liking to my dramatic battle style. Even though I lost before the semifinals, Mr. Pierre offered me to try out for the part of Marine Knight Gyarados. And I got the role." Shiori smiled brightly, and turned back to Seven. "And here I am, years later, and I happen to run into someone that knows Angel. It's a small world."

As Shiori explained the importance of this person, and the story surrounding it, the blonde android listened quietly. It was not uncommon for monotype teams to experience the difficulties he had described, but of course it appeared he took his losses personally, not keeping in mind that team composition was often a factor when it came to tournaments. Of course it appeared he realized that now. However it seemed his self-esteem had dipped considerably before this woman assisted him.

That was a huge step in the right direction, one that made Seven curious, "Might I ask what it was she said? That is quite a divergence from your previous emotional state, from what I assume was a conversation." Pausing, she gave him a nod when he mentioned that's how he landed his current career, "I was not aware of that fact. However, it would appear he made the correct decision in casting you."

Looking around for Pyros for a moment, her gaze then fixed back upon Shiori, "What is Pyros' affiliation with Angel?"

Jade, seeing that Emerald's attention was turned, faced the Sandslash that had run into him earlier. "Sceptile?! Scept!?" (What was that for?! Who are you?!) he asked, obviously angry. Ninjaha and Airlin stood behind him, ready to hold him back if he went crazy savage on it. "Garde, Gardevoir." (Jade, don't worry man.) Airlin said, frowning and holding onto his shoulder. He seemed to calm down a bit.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
"Sandslash, Sandslash, Slashslash!" (Your not my trainer, your not a friend, you must be a threat!) Sandslash ran around Jade a few times before he jumped up and used fury swipes on Jade's face, "Sandslash?" (How did you like that?). Alex noticed Sandslash jump up and attack a Sceptile, he began to run knowing it could only get worse. Beedrill also noticed his friend make an attack, he began to fly as fast so he could to try and calm the situation.

Shade listened as Atty talked about her experiences. Shade then told her that she had been there and had done all that, plus some more. Although, she never challenged any of the Elite Four, except back in Kanto when Lorelei and Agatha were still present as the members, and Lance wasn't considered a champion, yet. She only managed to beat Lorelei, Agatha, and Bruno, but her Pokemon weren't able to beat Lance. Because of that defeat and her interests being toward somewhere else, she never challenged any other Elite Four Members, but collected the badges, so people knew she was no amateur. She even told her that she had gotten two Keys from Kalos, but never participated to get the third one because then people would pressure her to take part in the Kalos Queen Festival thing, which she didn't want to do and gave that title to her younger sister. She then told her that she began to work with Professor Rowan and Elm while studying genetics of newly born Pokemon, and then now she's studying how they behave and if the environment was the cause of such. It was a very interesting talk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chu gave him another deadpan looked and sighed, pinching her nose bridge, just like her trainer when she got annoyed. She shrugged her shoulders and mouthed out the word "fine", even though she wasn't able to speak it very well, she can at least mouth out English. Although, it was very difficult, and those English classes from her trainer hardly helped, but it was something. She put her paws in a heart-shape and pointed to her, then to him. She did it again, this time much clearer. She pointed to her, made the heart-shape and then pointed to him, and then shrugged and floated away, dodging in between the legs of the people expertly before arriving at Shade, who grabbed her around the waist and held her securely in her arms. She nuzzled her head and continued to walk with Atty through the crowd, getting a good spot. She found Pyros and Stror in the crowd, and they nodded at each other. Pyros and Stror got closer to Shade and Atty and watched the Masked Man himself get everything ready with the mayor.

Jade glared at the Sandslash. "Scept.... ILE!" (Take.... THIS!) he yelled, and unleashed a fury of Leaf Storms at the Sandslash. Airlin and Ninja kept trying to pull him back, but he was to angry to listen to reason. Emerald finally noticed this event and yelled; "Whoa Jade! What happened?" And turned to Airlin, who used sign language to say; [The Sandslash got him real mad.]

Shiori thought for a moment back his last tournament, then his face turned a little red.
"I.. Eh... Don't exactly remember what she said to me." Shiori confessed. "I think she told me that she also had some problems with her self confidence. Whatever she told me, it managed to pump me up enough that I decided to not give up in my next battle, and I won!"
Shiori thought back a bit harder, scratching his head and sitting down on his luggage bag. Suddenly, he perked up.
"Oh, yeah! I remember now. Raza was also having some problems with her pride, and wouldn't accept me losing battles. That didn't really help my confidence either. But Angel had a Zoroark, too. Ah, I wanna say his name was... Zero? Zorro? Zorro! Anyway, he managed to snap Raza out of her funk as well. Oh, and there was a weird attack by a group of criminal rejects." Shiori explained. That was when he had seen a darker side of Angel. She and her Pokemon could be very scary if they wanted to. Even the fairy types.

"But yeah. As for how Pyros knows Angel, well... I think he said she was his sister's friend?" Shiori said. He saw something move out of the corner of his eye, and looked over to see a Sandslash and Sceptile engaging in a fight. A trainer stepped in, but both Pokemon still looked ready to fight.

Oh.

Puff didn't really see it that way before.

He was quiet.

June arrived and was expecting to see a fight about to go down, or at least Puff giving his target a good shout, but no. He was silent. As if a wave of realization hit him. June apologized for anything Puff did before taking up his hand, and walking off. Puff looked back at Ennewt, but didn't say anything as June and him walked into the crowds.

Gerald, meanwhile, was about to get into an awkward conversation that he had no part in causing- but was interrupted by a screech of Violet. "Whoa girl, what is it?" Violet screeched again as she jumped off her Scolipede perch, and flew off into the crowd. "Oh man, sorry for the trouble, looks like I have another Pokemon to go after." And there he went off into the crowd, with only Million remaining.

Not for much longer however, as he soon found why Violet flew away- she found June and Puff for him!...And was awkwardly settled upon June's head. "Let me help you there June...C'mere Violet." The Noivern changed her perch from June's head to Gerald's soldier, content in her new resting spot. "Anyways, let's stick together guys. Can't go running off again...You okay there Puff?"

The Lopunny was staring into the distance now. He still was pondering the words of that Salazzle. Was he holding himself back...? He wasn't sure.

"Well, I assume any moment now this thing's gonna get started. Scary tall guys aside, this time things have been going pretty well. Let's hope it stays this way..." Gerald's luck had been real low a year or two ago, but had recently improved ten fold after being with Kiran. Maybe that guy was some sort of good luck magnet, or maybe Gerald just got his lucky break. Either or, Gerald was enjoying it.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Alex knew Sandslash couldn't take the damage from the leaf storms without being knocked out, without thinking, he tackled Sandslash, the damage was still done but Alex took the brunt of it. Alex stood up "Okay mister Sceptile we just need a second to figure out what happened, so please calm down and call over your trainer." as Alex finished his unsure Beedrill, who believed his trainer and friend were still in danger, released a few pin missiles, he misfired and the missiles were now heading towards Arlin. Sandslash was not staying calm believing that Jade had not only hurt his trainer, but was also now being shown more sympathy for the situation, he acted quickly by slashing at Jade's face again.

Jade and Airlin dodged their blows, being very agile Pokemon. Airlin did nothing. "Garde, Voir. Garde."(Beedrill, it's fine. Don't worry.) she told the bee Pokemon. Jade said; "Scept. Tile." (You. Stop.) and pointed at the Sandslash. Airlin still had her hand in his shoulder and was emitting calming aura to Jade. Emerald thought it was good that at least HIS Pokemon calmed down. "Hehe. Sorry. Something must've happened to Jade. He usually doesn't get like this... He gets really made when rudeness is unapolagised for." Emerald sighed, shaking his head.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
"Well then you must be this Sceptile's trainer and don't blame your Pokemon, I should've known letting Sandslash off with Beedrill was a bad idea." as Alex finished he looked back to Beedrill with a disaproving glare, however when he looked to where Sandslash was, there was a hole in his place. "Oh no... Okay prepare for anything Sandslash isn't the type to give up." Sandslash appeared a few feet away and began to call in a sandstorm.

"Sceptile..." (Duuude...) Jade said, frowning at the Sandslash. Emerald sighed. "Airlin, do the thing." He said, and Airlin nodded. She took a ball of pink energy in two of her hands, raised it, and shot it at Sandslash. It was a compressed ball of calming aura. It should calm down the Sandslash by tenfold. Sceptile smiled. Maybe that could save their quarrel for a real battle.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
"Wow, I've never seen him so calm, in fact I don't think I've ever seen him calm. Well sorry for Sandslash's little incident and thanks for the help with calming him down. Anyway, we didn't get a proper introduction back there, hello my name is Alex." Alex held his hand out for a handshake while he looked over at Sandslash one more time still in awe over its new found calm state. Beedrill and Haunter came to Alex's side ready and eager to greet the trainer and his Pokemon, while Phantump hid behind his trainer's legs shaking in fear of Jade and Airlin.

Ennewt waved toward Puff in a form of a goodbye, and then strut off to find her trainer. He wasn't that hard to find, since he was really tall and had a very distinct scent of charcoal and summer bonfires and also the scent of Zarda and whatever else a Dragon-Type would smell like. She also smelled a different smell with his own. It was sweeter almost, and it also smelled like iron, as well as cologne. She followed the scent and had found Stror. She smiled and hugged his leg, Stror patting and scratching the smooth scales on her head before she poked her Poke Ball and returned herself.

Last edited:
Atty listened intently to Shade's story, nodding along with a look of awe as she explained how she had collected all of the badges. She could actually relate, in the way that Atty herself did not want to attempt any of the Leagues or try fighting any of the Elite Four, although it was more for personal reasons. However, her plan to take up a career in genetics sounded solid enough, and Atty was left with comfort in being able to talk about such things with the other woman.

However, their time was cut short, as the two had entered into the crowd and met up with Pyros and Stror, the opening ceremony only minutes away from starting.

--

Guzma sneered, still not fully understanding Chu and still unhappy because of the Raichu's persistence. He watched as Chu made heart motions at him and Atty, the man letting a low groan escape. "Okay, yeah, I know I like her, I know she's cute n' shit. You can thank that fuckin' Salazzle for that... But I doubt she'd even take me into consideration. I mean, shit, look at me. Big, bad Guzma ain't lookin' so hot anymore." He grumbled, rambling off and not even noticing that Chu had floated away.

He sighed, peering up and hoping the ceremony would start already. His thoughts were plagued with negativity, conflicted emotions swimming around in his head. While he might've been big physically, he wasn't in any kind of leader position anymore. And as for being bad... Well, he wasn't bad anymore. He was just.. Bad.

--

The sound of a microphone being tapped rang out through the area, bringing almost everyone in the crowd to attention. There Kukui stood, with his usual bright smile and bare chest. He stood up to the microphone first, the Mayor standing close next to him.

"Alola, i nā mea a pau!" He boomed out, welcoming everyone in native Alolan tongue. "Welcome, everyone, to the twenty-second, semiannual Alola World Festival, hosted right here in beautiful Malie City!"

The crowd began their applause, Kukui leading and clapping along. He began his speech again once it had died down, carefree attitude showing through.

"Let me start of by introducing myself. My name is Kukui, though some of you may know me as "Professor". I am the Alola region's top appointed researcher, studying Pokemon moves, as well as seeing off brand-new trainers! Typically it would be the Island Kahuna's job to give these speeches, but... He's, ah, a bit busy at the moment. Duty calls, y'know!"

There were a couple of murmurs in the crowd, Kukui trying to quickly draw the attention back before anyone could get carried away.

"You're all here today for a reason- and that reason is the festival. As much as I'd like to go into detail myself, I'm pretty sure the man standing next to me can do a much better job. Give it up for the Mayor of Malie City himself, and leading event coordinator!"

The crowd once again erupted into cheers as Kukui sidestepped, allowing the Mayor to take his place. His silken, brightly colored suit reflected the sunlight, drawing attention to himself and his leadership position. He smiled out at the crowd, middle-aged features softly folding against each other. "Welcome, welcome! It is my utmost honor to once again be hosting this year's World Festival, in my very own home of Malie City. I sincerely hope all of you are enjoying yourselves so far. We all come here today, under the warm, blessed sun, to share our experiences and lifestyles. This festival was coined by my father when he was in position, and since then, the World Festival has been a important part of Alolan traditions. Our goal is to expand our minds and how we perceive others, opening our doors to multiple other cultures. Be it entertainment, food, or most importantly- Pokemon."

There was another bout of clapping, the Mayor nodding and clearing his throat to prepare himself for the rest of the speech. "During this festival, inclusion is our key, and we, as the people of Alola, encourage everyone to do the same. Feel free to not only participate in the Alolan ways, but open your eyes to the wonders of the rest of the world!" He gestured his arms out, becoming a bit more lively as his talking continued. "This fine day, we ask for the blessings of the Island Guardian, the Tapu's generous gratitude. The future has a bright outlook for everyone here, young and old, new and experienced, wherever you may hone from. I wish each and every one of you good luck and good fortune during this festival, as well as on the rest of your future travels." He gave a final nod, turning to Kukui before leaning back over to the microphone. "And with that, I will now turn the attention back over to Professor Kukui. Mahalo!"

Kukui grinned, stepping back up to the mic and speaking up again once the cheers had gone quiet once more. "Excellent, excellent! Thank you" He stood tall, adjusting the lapels of his lab coat. "Now, our lovely Mayor here had mentioned something very important- Something we can all understand, something that connects us. Of course, I'm talking about Pokemon! As I know it, many of you are here for the Festival's Tournament, whether it be to watch or to be participating. You'll all be glad to learn that I'll be hosting it this year. It's such an honor to hold this position, and I cannot wait to see the kind of stunts here everyone will be able to pull with their Pokemon, woo!" He cheered out, starting to rile up the audience, almost as if he was already accustomed to the spotlight. "The Tournament will be hosted in Malie City's Gym, newly renovated to accommodate for all of you here. To wrap things up, I'll end by saying that although we won't be starting battles right away, I highly encourage anyone that is involved and representing a location to report to the Gym, where I'll reveal the bracket this year and go over the formatting. I hope to see you all there, I'm looking forward to meeting every one of our competitors!" He rose his arms up, giving one last cheer to the crowd. "Mahalo, iāʻoe a me ka pōmaikaʻi!"

He stepped off the stage as the audience loudly cheered, some of the crowd members even going so far as to give a couple hoots and hollers. The stage was filled once more, however, as four Alolan Marowaks walked up. They stood next to the torches that decorated the sides of the stage, grabbing their bone clubs and giving a quick flick to the black spots on their skulls, like a match. The bones lit up in a flurry of blue flames, the Pokemon raising their weapons up to the torches. They lit, the cool colors of the fire turning to warm oranges and reds as they burned safely in the torches.

Thus, began the official start of the Alola World Festival.

Last edited:
The fact that such a simple thing could turn about Shiori's mood was utterly baffling. The blue-eyed automaton simply stared at him for a few moments, not entirely sure how to respond. Thankfully, he went on to elaborate, giving her a chance to at least formulate something. Once he finished, she frowned slightly, "I... see. Though I do not understand how that was able to improve your ability to function, I am glad it had that effect."

In her peripherals, she was able to catch the conflict, drawing her attention. Shiori might also note that whatever might have been staring at him, currently was not for the time being.

Seven spoke up, "They should not be fighting in the middle of a crowd. Bystanders will be damaged."

--

With the sound of the microphone, a figure uncloaked near Shiori and Seven, revealing the form of the latter's Master, Colress. Taking his hand from the screen, Colress clapped along with everyone else, however Seven remained stiff and unmoving.

When the location of the tournament was revealed, Seven's brows furrowed, and she made a comment to Shiori, "The Malie City Gym? I was under the impression Alola did not have Gyms."

As he mentioned the challengers should head to the Gym, Colress spoke up, looking to Seven, "Come Seven." Looking to Shiori, he flashed the man a smile, "I do not believe we've been properly introduced. I am Colress, I appreciate your kindness in keeping Seven company."

Shade clapped quietly and let out a sweet smile, but it was her brothers that caused the most commotion. They are the type of people who compete to be the loudest in the crowd, and they whooped and hollered at every opportunity they got (which happened to be when everyone was clapping). Shade hardly understood the Alolan phrases being said, but at least she had more of an understanding than her brothers, who just kind of let it fly over their heads without giving much thought of what those could mean.

Chu had squeaked excitedly and clapped her paws, while Skarpi was wagging her tail excitedly. Kyukon's tails were ecstatically wagging and Zarda let out a pleased grunt as she watched from above. Tika, still on Atty's shoulder, let out an adorable little chitter and squeak, while trying to mirror Chu and clapping her two little feet together, which proved to be futile since she could hardly reach. She gave herself a deadpan expression before returning to the festivities at the moment.

Shade looked around for where the gym could be, but couldn't find where the gym would be. Would it be near the Malie Garden? Or somewhere in the city? She'd have Zarda look, but the attention of something behind her had caught her attention. She turned around, only to see a familiar face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tournament was just ahead! But it seemed like it was just starting. Maybe she could find the Darastrix siblings and maybe a few other familiar faces? Maybe. An older woman, perched sideways on her Togekiss soared through the air, and had found Malie City after flying past Poni Island. The place gave her so many memories, and she wished she could keep staying there. She landed short of the crowd, and walked through the crowd. She caught the sight of a familiar flurry of colors and tall men in front of her. It must be them! She walked through, and the cute gleeful squeal of her Togetoge had caught the attention of Shade. Shade turned around and saw an old friend, and a smile spread on her warm face.

"Ahhh, Angelia Shayton. It's been so long. How have you been?" Shade let go of Chu, who floated towards Togetoge to give her a long hug. Shade hugged Angel, who returned the hug and, as proper Kalosian greeting, kissed just inches away from her cheeks.

"It iz nice to meet you, too, ma cher ami. I see your brothers are here, as well. Which one is battling at the tournament?" Angel's sweet and chiming voice, much more mature than some of her mannerisms, spoke out.

"Only the red-head is," Shade had to bite back a giggle, while Angel couldn't help but let out an adorable giggle, not fitting her appearance, but certainly fitting a 20-year-old, or even a little child. She looked over to see a young girl behind Shade. She patted Shade on the shoulder and moved around her, greeting Atlas.

"Ahh, and you must be Shade's new friend. Bonjour and what is your name? My name is Angelia Shayton, but you may call me Angel," she gave a short bow with her hand on her heart and then extended the same hand in greeting. Her Togekiss, after her hug from Chu, hopped on over and gleefully waved a wing at the perched Weavile, practically greeting her with an ecstatic "hello".

Pyros and Stror took notice and waved ecstatically at Angel. Stror, realizing that he had missed Atty's name, took a closer ear this time to hear her name before he started to run off again. Pyros hooked his arm around his brother's neck playfully while watching Angel greet Atty, probably before she hugs and gives them the formal Kalosian greeting, too.

If Shiori is close by enough, he'll be able to see an old friend of his, as well.

Last edited:
Shiori watched the opening ceremony with excitement, and clapped along with the crowd. The festival was finally getting started! But before he thought about going to the Malie gym, Shiori decided to wait a little while and watch the performance of the Alolan Marowaks. Hmmm... Perhaps he could get a little inspiration from the way they use their bones for a fight scene in the next movie...

Shiori was a little startled by the sudden appearance of Colress, but shook it off with a smile.
"Aw, I had a fun time. It's been a pleasure speaking with you." Shiori said to Seven. The actor turned to Colress. "The name's Shiori. Shiori Fujimoto."
The man Colress seemed familiar. As Shiori studied the man's face, it suddenly clicked. "Aren't you that Sinnoh Ice gym leader?"

Meanwhile, Raza simply wandered aimlessly through the crowd as the Professor gave his speech. She was still disguised in her illusion, and peered from tent to tent. An unusual noise caught Raza's attention, and she looked over to see a familiar Togekiss in the crowd. Her eyes widened as she made her way towards it.

Raza inspected Togetoge, not believing her eyes. A huge smile came across her face. Looking over, the disguised Zoroark noticed Angel. Forgetting that she was still in disguise, Raza let out a joyful yip, then quickly covered her mouth.

Seven gave a firm nod to Shiori in response. Though she would not say as much, she enjoyed their interaction in her own way.

"Shiori Fujimoto, it's my pleasure." Typing into the device upon his arm, he'd continue, "Ah, I knew your name sounded familiar. You are Marine Knight Gyarados." As the actor questioned his identity, Colress shook his head, "I am not, I am merely a scientist who seeks to draw out the power in Pokémon."

The guised Porygon2 at his side ran a search on Ice-type Gym Leaders, but did not come up with any matches that would fit Colress' description. He likely assumed as much due to the blue in his hair, and the warm-looking coat he wore.

After a moment, Colress continued, "If you're participating in the tournament, perhaps you would like to come with us? I am curious to see the range of competitors in this tournament."

Last edited:
"Nice to meet you!" Said Emerald, smiling. He shook Alex's hand and then turned, making his Pokemon pay attention to the announcement.
-----
After the announcements, Emerald cheered and clapped. Jade pumped his fist, and Airlin made a slow clap. Ninjaha buzzed around like a psycho, unfortunately. He then turned back to Alex. "Hey! Do you know where a friendly battlefield is? I'd like to do a casual, 3 v 3 battle with you, If you don't mind." He asked him, and Jade nodded ferociously.

Hearing a yip to her side, she stopped short of her ecstatic wing waving and found another familiar face. Raza! She hopped about gleefully, letting out some loud chirping that definitely attracted a few heads. She hopped into Raza's arms, nuzzling her feathery dome into the stomach of the guised Zoroark. Hearing the familiar yip of some familiar Pokemon, Zorro broke free from his Poke Ball. The tall and greying fox smiled as he appeared in front of Raza. He held out his arms, wanting to hug her after not seeing her for so long. Wrinkles seemed to mark underneath his eyes and his eyes were more squinted, but other than that and the greying fur, he looked quite young for a Zoroark and still looked strong as ever. Must be all that dancing.

Togetoge hopped out of the way, so Raza can meet a familiar face, and then flew a little to see if she could find Shiori. He must be around her somewhere. She found a strange face not far from where she was at. Two blondes, one of them having a long, blue streak of hair, and then another familiar man talking with them. He seemed familiar, but his change of clothes made it hard to determine. Her curious nature let her land right next to them. She cocked her head to the side and sniffed the female, unsure of what she was and became even more curious from her lack of scent. She looked over to the blonde man and his scent was unfamiliar. The only scent that was familiar was the disguised man talking with them. She sniffed the man and then hugged his torso, happy to have met someone she knew. She tweeted happily and then made of show of sparkles from her body as she was spreading her newfound joy after seeing someone, making the people near her feel emotions of glee and happiness.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
"Well I'd be happy to battle you, as for a battlefield I don't know of any as I haven't been here for long, but there are two nearby routes we could battle in and the Malie Garden, though I'm not sure about battling in the garden." Alex said to Emerald. Beedrill became excited at the hearing of the word "battle" flying around in glee, Haunter however gave a disapproving look, "I know Haunter, it's not the best idea to reward Beedrill with a battle right after it let Sandslash go, but you know I can't resist this challenge, anyways I'm sure your itching to battle." Haunter, while still not completely on board, would allow for the battle to commence.

Atty watched as Kukui slipped off stage, replaced by the Alolan Marowaks who had lit the ceremonial torches. Things seemed to be going well, but the girl's attention was drawn from the stage to Shade as the crowd began to disperse. An older woman had walked up, and although she looked to be in good shape, Atty could tell she was probaby still older than both Shade and herself.

The two appeared to know each other, and Atty could hear a distinct Kalosian accent on her voice. Although the brunette was in Kalos for less than a year, she was no stranger to some of the cultural customs. She straightened herself when she was noticed by both Angel and Stror, smiling bright as to make a good impression. "My name is Atlas- But I usually just go by Atty. I've been here in Alola for a couple months already, but I plan to participate in the tournament. It's nice to meet you!" She let Ruby hop off of her shoulders, landing and standing at her side, holding onto her trainer's hand like a toddler would.

--

Guzma was one of the first to leave the crowd, not even bothering to clap and draw even more unneeded attention to himself. He had lost track of the girl and her supposed friends, but considering his recent luck, he was bound to see her again.

He once again resumed a position on the outer wall of a nearby building, off to the side as festival-goers walked mid down the city streets. Thinking of what to do next, a realization had suddenly hit him. He didn't actually know if this girl was apart of the tourney. He felt stupid for not even questioning it before, but there was almost no going back at this point. He just had to hope she would soon be heading over to the Gym, and he could begin his stakeout. ...Wow, putting it like that, it really did sound like he was a stalker.

Angel smiled warmly and looked down at the little Weavile by her side. "Ahh, I see you have an adorable dark weasel by your side. What's her name? I specialize in Dark- and Fairy-Types, and I have a Weavile, as well. Pretty sure Shade does, too. It's nice to meet you Atty." Her attention was drawn to a slight shift in her pocket. How she didn't notice the yip from Raza, nor the the excited chirping from Togetoge was beyond her, but the sudden movement of her Poke Ball at her hip was enough to shift her gaze. She saw what looked to be a young girl, her Togetoge hugging her, then suddenly leaving? Why? What really struck her as odd was when Zorro had greeted her with a hug, as well. Did she know her from somewhere?

The thought finally struck her when she noticed that maybe this lady wasn't a human. The woman had looked familiar, even though the eyes and hair were of a different color. She had a similar look to her face; her facial features looking similar. Suddenly, she realized that Raza wasn't human, as she noticed something similar to when a Zoroark holds an Illusion. She saw a shimmer of the illusion break for just a moment. Long enough for a trained eye to notice. It was Raza, Shiori's Zoroark. She had never met another Zoroark that Zorro had wanted to hug more. She smiled and waved at Raza, greeting her, as well, her smile turning into a silly grin. "Hello, there, Raza. I assume it's been awhile?"

Last edited:
Raza embraced Togetoge, then when the Togekiss flew away she saw Zorro. Her smile seemed to grow even bigger, and Raza nearly tackled the older Zoroark in a hug. Perking up when she heard her name, Raza detached from Zorro and looked over towards Angel. Grinning in a way similar to Shiori, Raza bowed and dissolved her illusion. The Zoroark was extremely happy to see Angel and her Pokemon again.

Realizing his mistake, Shiori hit his head.
"No, no. I'm thinking of Candice. Sorry, similar names, different people." Shiori said. He smiled when Colress mentioned him as Marine Knight Gyarados, but something still seemed familiar about the man.

Before he could respond to Colress's invitation, a Togekiss suddenly appeared. And not just any Togekiss. Shiori took off his sunglasses, just to make sure that his eyes weren't playing tricks on him.
"T-Togetoge?!" Shiori exclaimed as the Togekiss hugged him. Shiori's shocked expression quickly turned to one of joy, and he hugged the Togekiss back. "Wait... If you're here, then does that mean... Is Angel here too?!"

"Ah yes, Candice." Tapping into the device upon his arm he continued, "I suppose I could see how—"

Something unexpected happened. An unfamiliar Togekiss touched down next to them, the female of the blonde duo examining it carefully. "State your intention." As it began to sniff her, she gave it a raised brow, unsure of how to react. To some species it was a greeting. Others it was an intrusive behavior. After a few moments, the Togekiss hugged Shiori, which answered her question, albeit indirectly. It was apparent that they were somehow familiar with each other, though for the moment the connection eluded Seven.

Though the sparkles emitted from the Fairy-type would normally elicit happiness, the blonde duo had a limited range of emotions, only feeling a slight elevation in their mood. Seven, of course, was somewhat startled by it, though she did not comment.

With the greeting out of the way, Colress gave the Fairy-type a nod, "How nice of you to join us!"

Seven spoke up, "Angel, the women you were speaking of earlier. This Pokémon belongs to her?"

"Oh, this is Ruby," Atty gestured down at the Weavile at her side, answering Angel's question. "She was my first Pokemon- Been with me for about fourteen years, now!" She beamed, a look of respect on her face as Angel further explained her experience with typings.

"Dark and Fairy types are actually some of my favorites! And Bug, and Water, and Poison, and Ghost... Just to name a few." The young girl gave a sheepish smile, suddenly noticing the presence of the girl she had seen in the gardens earlier- The Zoroark.

Atty watched as the human disguise dissipated, slightly awed by it. She had never actually seen that happen in person. The brunette stood there for a bit, doting and watching the adults and their Pokemon reconcile. Although she was all happy for them, it was a bit awkward not fully understanding their history together. She pursed her lips for a moment, a thought in her mind suddenly resurfacing now that her attention was somewhere else. Returning Ruby to her Pokeball and allowing Tika off her shoulder, she spoke up. "I think I'm gonna go and head over to the Gym. I'll catch up with everyone later, 'kay?" She wiggled her fingers, backstepping before turning around and making her way down the street.

--

Guzma huffed, still against the wall, still watching people pass by, still having no luck whatsoever. He felt like shit. Not only had he woken up early after a less-than-good sleep, he hadn't bothered to eaten anything all day, either. His stomach growled in protest, all the scents and sights of people with food from the various stalls not helping his case. He kept his eyes on the entrance of the Gym, deciding to wait it out only a bit more longer before caving in and giving up.

Angel smiled back to Atty, complimenting on the "cute name". She also gave a light-hearted giggle at the "few" types Atty had liked. She waved goodbye as Atty left, and then returned to the Zoroark. Stror, finally getting the names, smiled ecstatically.

When Raza had practically tackled into Zorro's arms, the older fox held her tightly, purring contently and even going as far as nuzzling the side of her head. He regrettably let go, but he let her see Angel. Angel had opened her arms in the same fashion as Zorro, wanting to give her a hug. "I believe we should hug all of those 7 years away."

Meanwhile, Togetoge nodded ecstatically at Shiori's question, and she flew around happily. She looked towards Seven and had spoken in her own kind of Poke-Tongue to her, saying that she was just meeting an old friend and that she was one of the Pokemon who Angel owned. She then looked up at Shiori and then smirked. She flapped once, and then started to glow in bright, rainbow colors. She spun in the air and focused all the light in between her wings, and shot the Dazzling Gleam up in the sky, and it exploded in a shower of lights that rained down, just like a firework. Angel looked up to see the light show and smiled. She found him. She told Raza that it was time to see Shiori, and Zorro, being as old as he was, bounded toward Shiori. Upon meeting the man, he held out his arms for a hug. Man, it's been awhile.

Angel made her way through the thinning crowd and found him with two blondes. She recognized Colress as the guy who she would commonly see in Alola, and then there was the strange girl. She seemed almost robotic to her. What was she? Anyway, she decided to go for a wave towards the two, so they didn't feel like they were being ignored, and then smiled even more warmly, as she found Shiori.

"Ahh, ma vieil ami. Oh, how long it has been. How are you, my little Karpman? The years have worn themselves well on you." She went to hug him, and then did her usual Kalosian kissing greeting for her dear friends. Sensing a familiar arrival, all of her Pokemon burst out of their Poke Balls, giving Angel quite the start.

A towering Incineroar stretched and let out a growl-like yawn, and then looked over to see two familiar faces. He purred happily and scooped up Raza in his arms, hugging her ferociously and nuzzling her face with his. A long Primarina stretched and yawned as well, and then peeked over to see them both. She slid over and smiled up at Shiori, waving at him. A Mimikyu erupted from her Poke Ball and she bounded about happily. The Primarina had to tell her not to steal his clothes, to which the Mimikyu was a little upset by, but she didn't. She only held on to Shiori's leg and hugged him. Finally, there was the Greninja. He looked about, looking quite serious, but his face had fallen into a warm look when he saw Shiori and Raza. My, it has been a long time. He walked over and offered a hug, shocking Angel. He usually didn't want hugs...

Meanwhile, Shade waved Atty goodbye, and told her she'll be watching her when she battles. She then dragged Stror away after they both hugged Pyros and then went to Malie Garden to catch some wild Pokemon. Pyros then caught up with Atty, wanting to strike up some conversation. "Well, now you met Angel. She used to compete in a tournament with Shiori and his Zoroark back 7 years ago. She really helped them both see something they were missing, so they naturally became quite good friends."

Last edited:
Emerald spotted the crowd of people going to the stadium. "Hm.... Maybe.... Ah!" He said, and pointed to the Pokemon Center. There was a training battlefield for contestant and bystanders behind it. "Should we go there? Who knows, maybe our battle will get some publicity." He said, shrugging. Sceptile seemed to be chill with it, and Airlin was too busy trying to keep Ninjaha calm to listen.