• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Alola World Festival [RP]

((Sign ups here))

The morning sun began to rise down on Ula'Ula Island, striking Malie City with warmth, the mountains of Hokulani and Lanakila hung overhead in protection. Humidity lingered in the air, causing a light fog to lowly linger around the city streets, snaking inbetween the legs of Pokemon and People alike. They were up this early for a good reason. The break of dawn meant the festival was soon to start, and there was only a matter of time before the opening ceremony was to be held. Trainers, shop owners, and tourists had flocked from all over for the popular event, you being one of them. Whether it was pure luck that you had been in Alola at the time, or purposely sought out the festival yourself, one thing was for certain- You were here now.

Many others had the same idea, emerging from various inns and hotels throughout the Johtoian city. As banners, stands, and other various decorations went up, many trainers that had been accepted into the tournament had begun to seek out what the competition would be like. Be it a show of good sportsmanship, a friendly rivalry, or something more burning for the desire to win, this years festival was looking off to a great start.

-

Atty yawned, adjusting the hem of her shorts as she stepped out of the hotel she was currently roomed in. Unlit lanterns hung above the streets, ready to be lit aglow later tonight when things were in full swing. Granted, many people were still setting up now. The opening ceremony was scheduled for noon. And it was about... Eight in the morning. She didn't want to be this up early, but it was hard to sleep in knowing that everyone else was awake and excited.

She wandered around for a bit, her little bobbed ponytail bouncing with each step, hoping to find something to pass the time. Not many shops or stands were open yet, but Atty figured her first thing to square away would be to get some breakfast. She was from Unova- Bacon and eggs was a standard there. Here in Alola, especially an oriental city like Malie, she wasn't entirely sure what to look for or what to expect. She knew of Sushi High Roller, but that wasn't an option considering they weren't open yet. (And the fact she didn't like seafood...) The only logical thing to do at this point was to look for some sort of cafe, or follow someone else with the same idea that actually looked like they knew where they were going.

"There it is. Ula'ula Island." The boat captain said. "You can see Malie City from here. That's where we'll dock."
Shiori looked out from on deck, then turned back to the captain. Next to him was his Zoroark, Raza. She was using her illusion ability to disguise herself as a human, a girl in her lower twenties with short purple hair, a beanie, and a denim jacket.
"Nah, this is fine from here." Shiori said, putting on his sunglasses.
"What?" Shiori just smiled, gave the captain a thumbs up, then vaulted over the boat rail. Right before he hit the water, Shiori's Gyarados burst out of the water and caught his trainer. Raza rolled her eyes and jumped after her trainer.
"Thanks for the ride!" Shiori yelled back to the captain, and his Gyarados quickly sped towards Malie City.

Reaching the dock, Shiori flipped off the Gyarados.
"Aloha, Alola!" Shiori yelled happily. Raza facepalmed and jumped off after her trainer. This was Shiori's first time in Alola, and it was clear he was very excited. Recalling his Gyarados back to it's Pokeball, Shiori ran into the city. Raza, still in disguise, followed.

As the sun rose over the horizon, a flying figure could be seen from up above, darting through the low-hanging clouds as Ula'Ula Island came into view. A young man by the name of Pyroshu rode on his gigantic beast of a Charizard, as she roared in delight from the wind caressing her scaly body and sore wing, shoulder and back muscles. The straps of the harness were actually quite comfortable, yet firm in holding the harness steady. The leather straps were snaked around her waist, chest and around her shoulders and wings to steady the harness, and there were stirrups made for keeping the man on the seat, as well as help guide his Pokemon. He didn't need reins, as they weren't necessary when flying. All he had to do was lean in a certain direction, and she'll obediently follow suit.

Pyros looked over his Pokemon's head and saw the island in view, and he smiled to himself. It seemed that everyone was waking up and getting ready for the festival. The stores and buildings all looked partially decorated and had Kantonian lights hanging from the corners of the building's eaves, building off of the reference from where they got their style from. The green roofed houses and shops all had strings of lights, as well. The large blue building, the ferry terminal as it was called, was especially lit up, as well as the large beige and brown library and community center. The Malie Garden looked especially pretty, and there weren't that many lights set up, just a few torches here and there to give enough light to the place. There were even torches lighting up the pathway heading toward the Outer Cape, with the building there lit up appropriately, as well. Although, it did look like they were still trying to prepare Malie City for the festival, and they were trying to run strings of light through the trees and hang more Kantonian lights on the corners of the eves of the buildings. Especially in the buildings of Malie Garden.

Pyros leaned forward, instructing Zarda to land near the Pokemon Center using his body weight, which she obliged with a grunt, and sped down toward the center. As they glide downwards, they saw a man reach the dock of the Ferry Terminal and call his Gyarados back. The woman with him looked strange, and he swore she wasn't human, yet she unmistakably looked human. It could've just been his imagination, so he focused on situating his weight, so Zarda can land peacefully without any problems. With a few mighty flaps, Zarda landed on her feet, growling in delight that the long flight from the tip of Mt. Moon to Ula'Ula Island was now finished. Pyros kissed Zarda on her jaw, to which she replied with licking his face. Pyros chuckled and took Zarda by the claw and led her into the Pokemon Center, which looked quite ready for the festival. He took her to a nice comfy spot near the center, took off her harness, and began to massage her weary muscles. Zarda tried her best not to set fire to the seats, but she was so comfy, she needed a spot to rest her tail. Pyros just chuckled and let her use the harness as a resting spot for her tail - thank Arceus it was fireproof.

After about 30 minutes of Pyros massaging Zarda's muscles better, Zarda got up and walked with Pyros outside of the Pokemon Center. He saw some people, obviously native to this island, trying to put up a string of lights on the poles and set them around the large plants next to the Pokemon Center. Pyros rushed over and asked if he could help, to which they thanked him gratefully for the help. Pyros set the sticks around the plants first, then tied the strings of lights to the sticks with Zarda's help. The men thanked him gratefully again and set off to help with the others. Pyros, looking quite proud of himself, decided to talk with the guy he had seen dock himself at the Ferry Terminal.

He and Zarda walked over to the man. He looked to be about his age, and Zarda stared down the young girl. Why were they together? Partners in an adventure? That was when Zarda's tail flickered a little, as she smelled the air and growled at Pyros, communicating to him that the woman was indeed a Pokemon. Seeing the face of the young girl, Pyros can only assume it was a Zoroark, since the face would be derpy-looking if it were a Ditto, and Zorua's have a hard time transforming into young adults. He waved his hand at the man, announcing his presence and introducing himself in a loud baritone-voice that sounded raspy like a rock star.

"Hello! I'm assuming you are here for the festival. My name is Pyroshu, but you may call me Pyros, and this is Zarda, my Charizard. Also, Zarda recognized the young girl by your side as a Zoroark, so hello there. What are your names and how are you two doing?"

Last edited:
"Teleport." James said as he was whisked away from his residence in Sinnoh and on to the cool tile floor of Pokémon Center shocking the Nurse working the counter when he suddenly appeared. James quickly apologized for scaring the Nurse. He turned to the Alakzam next to him, "Give Lucian my thanks." The pokemon nodded before teleporting back to Sinnoh. James walked outside breathing in the fresh air of Alola. He stood to the side of the door looking at the scene with the with the two young men in front of him one with his Charizard out. James grabbed two poke balls off his waist releasing two Pokemon. The first one to appear was a Greninja that was black in color. The second was a Lucario. They both took up a battle stance before looking at James. "Relax," he said, " We still have a while before the battles begin." Both Pokemon nodded and took their places at James left and right side respectively.

Shiori and Raza turned to the man with the Charizard. Raza glared at the Charizard, feeling a little upset that it had seen through her disguise, but still continued to maintain the illusion.
"You assume correctly, as we are indeed here to compete in the tournament!" Shiori said in an equally loud and slightly heroic voice. "I am the incredible hero, Karpma-... Eh, uh..."
Shiori suddenly broke off, stammering a little. The actor paused for a moment, then let out a grand laugh. Raza rolled her eyes at Shiori.
"Eh, sorry." Shiori said. "That was some thing I used to do in tournaments a while ago. Anyway, my name's Shiori. This is Raza."
Shiori gestured to Raza, who nodded slightly at Pyros.
"I'm doing pretty well. This is my first time in Alola, and my first tournament I've competed in for a while, so I'm pretty excited." Shiori said. "But how about you? How are you doing?"

As Shiori was conversing with Pyros, Raza looked around where they were standing and noticed another man walk out of the Pokemon Center, flanked by a tough looking Greninja and Lucario.

Pyros raised an eyebrow at the sudden stop to the eccentric behavior. In fact, he much preferred it. Unless this guy thought he was too old for such silly shenanigans, it didn't bother him a bit. Pyros smiled and nodded toward Raza and Shiori, as he told a bit more about himself: "I've been here before, although it's been 12 years," He chuckled before continuing, "Although, I can tell you that this place is very rich in culture, filled with exotic Pokemon. Plus, the entire Alola region has a strange aura about it that causes Pokemon to evolve into different forms when they're here, like Pikachu, Exeggcute, and Cubone all have different forms of their evolutions they evolve into."

Zarda grunted at Pyros, who looked at his Pokemon. She had her head tilted closest to him, and her blue eyes were staring at someone behind them. Pyros turned around and stepped back a bit so that Shiori and Raza can look at them too while they talk. Zarda couldn't help. but feel threatened in his Pokemon's presence. She was told not to fight, but she couldn't help but feel ready to fight. Her tail blazed ferociously, even though she had a more reserved look and feel about her. Pyros comforted her by rubbing her scaly neck, to which she purred like a large Glameow, as the heat of the tail began to warm up his leathery back. Pyros greeted himself toward the man: "Hello, there. I assume you are also here for the festival. I'm Pyroshu, but you can call me Pyros. This is Zarda, my Charizard. And I see you are bringing a Greninja and a Lucario to the fray. Nice to see some familiar Pokemon," He couldn't help but smirk at that last comment. Yes, he meant it as a slight threat because he did know how to beat them. His brother had a Lucario, and his other brother had a Greninja. His own Fire-Type Pokemon beat them both in a 2v1 battle, and again with Zarda. This was going to be interesting. If he was any good like his siblings, he was sure to have a fun time battling him. If not, then it would be a cake walk.

Last edited:
"Nice to meet you Pyros. I'm James, Sinnoh Elite Four Challenger. Quite the beast of a Charizard you have there." He said as his eyes scanned the dragon like pokemon before him. "He could probably give my Linoone a run for it's money." At this comment both of his Pokemon laughed. He smirked at his joke recalling his Linoone's surprising strength for being so small. "Anyhow good luck in the festival Pyros." He called as he turned and walked towards the hotel he was staying at with his two Pokemon following close behind trying to not lose sight of their master.

Shiori watched as Pyros went over to talk to James. Interested in the Greninja and Lucario, Shiori took off his sunglasses to get a better look at James' Pokemon. Interesting... They looked pretty strong. He felt uncertainty begin to rise up in himself. It had been years since Shiori had competed in a tournament. Was he really up to it? Raza, sensing her trainer's self doubt, put her arm on Shiori's shoulder and gave him a confident smile and a thumbs up. Shiori smiled back, and returned the thumbs up to his Zoroark. He wasn't the same person he was at the last tournament. He had gotten stronger.

Putting the sunglasses back on, Shiori walked over to Pyros, followed by Raza.
"Well, he didn't seem to want to stick around." Shiori said, looking after James. The actor turned back to Pyros. "You said you've been to Alola, right? Happen to know a good place to eat?"

Pyros chuckled at the man's apparent joke, wondering if a young Linoone would beat his 30-year-old, very experienced Charizard. Pyros watched the man leave abruptly. Interesting. Well, he knew about three of his Pokemon, and James didn't know any of his. He turned around when Shiori came up to him, and smirked at his remark, saying: "No, he didn't."

He then looked about an area for a shop of some kind, and wasn't so sure how this newcomer was going to like malasadas. He pointed at the nearest building with a green roof and said: "There. That's the Malasada shop. You can buy all kinds of differing flavors of malasadas. Our favorites are the spicy kinds."

He began to walk toward the shop, but hung back a bit to let them catch up.

Last edited:

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
Ding dong "We have arrived at our destination," the flight attendant said. "the beautiful region of Alola, home to many rare species of Pokémon. If you are revving up for a tropical battle here, visit Malie City. I heard there's going to be a tournament there today. We hope to see you again."
Christian stepped out of the plane, getting a blinding light from the sun which also heated his face. He released Feraligatr out of her pokeball. "Hey Goji, we finally made it. The Alola region. Ready for another adventure with new Pokémon to see?" He asked Feraligatr. They then bolted to find somewhere to eat.

A Mudkip stood near the doorway of the Malasada Shop while inputting a few lines of code in his tablet. The small, cubical device on his back seemed to be having no emitting lights at the moment, signaling that it was in a state of stasis. His lightweight, gray jacket assisted his body in combating the gentle breeze while also offering maximum concealment for the device and comfort for his sensitive skin. While the device was busy scanning for any signals within range, the Mudkip exited the program while still letting the application do its work. A silent, gentle tap of his right paw was directed towards the news app, as he gulped when he saw the headlines of the first article he clicked on. The article read:

Pokémon escapes again, wide search conducted

Police and detectives in Aloha are carrying out a wide search to find a Pokémon that escaped from a Pokémon Center in Tapu Village after video footage reveals a window being picked open with bizarre tools. The Pokémon appears to be small and gray, while also having various holes on its body and something pointing on its back. All trainers in Aloha are advised to use caution, as this Pokémon has been known to use force after video footage from a day care center revealed an officer being tackled down before the Pokémon made its swift escape.

This Pokémon was last seen near Malie City, as a wandering trainer explained, "He was running away when I tried to give him a small berry to try. He looked very weak, he could hardly even run. I saw him holding some sort of paper, and it had these weird numbers and something on top reading Aliah."

Police are still on the lookout for this mysterious Pokémon. If anyone has any information regarding about the case of the mysterious Pokémon, please notify the police station in Hau'oli City and the International Police immediately.

Atty continued to make her way through the city, the sun slowly rising and casting warmth over the island. It was only a matter of time until the opening ceremony.

Her sneakers tapped against the cobblestone path with each step she took, eyes wandering around at everyone who was setting up still. She kept her eyes peeled for any sort of Unovan merchandise or cuesine, a little slice of home would be pretty good right about now. She recognized a couple things from her travels, however. There was a stand nearly complete, the woman behind the structure setting out beautiful flowers in each and every color. Sinnohian flowers, to be exact. Straight from the lush hills of Floroama Town. Atty pondered for a minute, deciding that she would have to come back later and purchase a pot, among other things.

She tore her attention away from the exotic flora, noticing a small commotion up ahead. As she walked closer, it was clear to see that the group talking were trainers. Experienced looking trainers, to boot. There was a Charizard, a Lucario, a Greninja... All popular and strong Pokemon. Her anxiety shot upwards when she noticed the trainer with the Lucario and Greninja head her way, trying her best not to make eye contact as the trainers passed each other. She could overhear the other, the one with the Charizard, mention something about a malasada shop. Shit.

Atty picked up her pace, not wanting to get stuck in line behind the three of them. ...Three, right? Two trainers, and there was that one girl, though she gave off kind of a weird aura. Either way, Atty made her way inside the malasada shop in hopes for a bit of breakfast, too preoccupied by her embarrassment to even notice the little Mudkip that sat by the door.

"Malasadas?" Shiori said, following Pyros. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Hmm... I don't think I've heard of those before... What are they like?"
As they walked towards the Malasada Shop, Raza noticed that there was a Pokemon sitting by the door. It was quite unusual, wearing a jacket and messing around with some sort of tablet. Raza nudged Shiori and pointed it out.
"Huh..." Shiori turned to Pyros. "Are there usually Mudkips in Alola?"

The Mudkip looked up at a man in sunglasses mentioning the name of his species to another man, while booting off his tablet seconds later. He carefully folded the tablet and placed it in the right, frontal pocket of his jacket after managing to memorize the instructions in the manual he read earlier. His head fin wiggled in response to the gentle breeze, as he kept a firm gaze at the man in sunglasses while preparing for any questions the man could throw at him.

“Argh... I should have brought my translator... but that thing’s heavier than my tablet! Ahh whatever, I guess I better hope that they don’t ask that one question,” The Mudkip thought while priming a move in a discreet manner.

James looked down at the small woman as she passed him on his way to the forest to train. He grunted as they brushed shoulders and quickend his pace eager to train his pokemon. He he passed maany restaurants as he walked he passed passed the Pokémart he turned abruptly to enter the store.

As James enter the Mart he searched the isles for potions. After he had found the potion and grabbed a basket full he walked towards the counter to pay. When he reached the counter he set all his items out and let the clerk scan them. After the clerk bagged the potions James hand over the ¥22,600 to the clerk and continued on his way towards the forest to get a little training in before lunch time.

Sedna looked off of the side of the ship she had boarded several hours prior to now. The Alolan Heat was very present but the soothing coolness from the crashing waves helped relieve the heat every passenger felt while aboard.

"Wow! This is the Alolan region!" Sedna exclaimed with a smile. "This will be a great place for me to train if I hope to even stand a chance against the Elite Four... Nevertheless, Cynthia."

"Ma-wile!" Mawile agreed as it peered through the thin bars protecting any Pokèmon from falling off the side of the exterior of the boat. Mawile looked up at Sedna wishing to see over the railing instead of the rat cage-like bars that held her back.

"You really want to see this? No biting me, missy." Sedna joked as she grabbed Mawile and hoistered Mawile up onto her shoulders.

The view was beautiful, the beach coming closer and closer into sight as Mawile coo'ed in amazement of the warm summer heat from Alola.

As the ship docked and all of the passengers departed from the boat, Sedna and Mawile trekked away to the nearest Pokèmon Center, where Sedna then rented a room for the rest of the day and the night following.

When she dropped off her belongings in her room and familiarised herself with the surroundings, she plopped onto her bed with blissful vibes coming through the opened window and blinds.

"I can't wait to see what Alolan has to offer to us, Mawile!"

"Mawile!"

Pyros decided to take it upon himself to explain what a malasada is, since he thought it was the most amazing thing in the entire world. "Dude, malasadas are the bomb, bro. Malasadas are fried dough with sugar all over them and most have flavored cream in them. In Malie City, the only ones they sell are the Spicy Malasada and the Bitter Malasada, but they also sell the Big Malasada, which has a pink filling that tastes kind of like yogurt. I've also used it to cure status conditions from my Pokemon," Pyros chuckled to himself while reminiscing. It was an interesting find. He continued: "Once a month for a week, they sell a special Malasada called the Mythic Malasada. I've only had it three times, but it was SOOOOO good. Hopefully it's available this week. If not, then it doesn't hurt to stay in Malie City for another week to see if they have it in stores. But you would think they'd have Mythic Malasadas on such an important day such as this."

The shop they were getting close to already had all of their decorations up, and there was a sign above the door that had a Slurpuff's face eating a Big Malasada. Even from outside, you can smell the cotton Pokemon, which one could assume is the mascot, as well as the manager's personal Pokemon. What really caught Zarda's and Pyros' eyes was a small Mudkip at the door. Zarda also noticed the man with the Greninja and Lucario abruptly leave and bypass an adorable young girl. Well, to her eyes she was friggin' adorable. Anyway, Pyros looked on with a quizzical look. It looked like a villain of some sort, what with a tablet and the cloak. Now that was a sight: A mud fish with electronics. That wasn't uncommon at all. He had to hide a snicker at the absurdity of what he was seeing right now, while he answered Shiori's question. "Not usually. Its evolution, Marshtomp, can be found on Brooklet Hill, last I remembered. Although, that's on Akala Island. Their young are never found, since they quickly evolve before they ever get found. Plus, they are exceptionally rare to find in Alola in the first place; you need a scanner or a radar thing to even find one of their homes."

Pyros knelt down to be on the same level, or closer to the same level, as the Mudkip, since he does tower over mostly everyone he meets. He then asked in a very nice voice not akin to his character at all: "What are you doing here, Mudkip? Up to trouble I see?" Of course, that last question was rhetorical, but he might as well ask just in case. This Mudkip didn't give him any kind of good vibes. Meanwhile, Zarda's wings were outstretched, as if to protect Shiori, Raza, and Pyros from the little Mudkip. She glared down at him menacingly, not helping the visage Pyros was trying to go for. Pyros can just feel the heat emanating from the glare coming from behind him and he just had a mental facepalm. Damn it, Zarda.

Last edited:
After a few minutes of relaxing with her Mawile, Sedna ventured out of the Pokèmon Center and took yet another deep breath of tropic weather belonging to the beautiful region of Alola.

"Let's go have a look around, what do you say, Mawile?" Sedna asked to which she was met with a nod from Mawile, walking at the side of Sedna as they strolled through the streets of Malie City.

People passed by Sedna, all conversing on their own in their own subjects and matters while all she focused on was the tournament she was invited to.

Since she didn't know a word about the ways around Alola, Sedna searched about to find somewhere or someone who could help her navigate around. After all, she was here for the enjoyment and training.

When Mawile took interest in a passing Malasada Shop that they passed, Sedna stopped and looked down at her Mawile who looked eager to go inside.

"Hm? What is it, Mawile?" Sedna mumbled as she looked up at the building that her starter Pokèmon was eyeing like nothing else in the area. "A... malasada? I don't have a clue what that is..."

"Wile! Ma-Mawile!"

Mawile started walking towards the shop itself and so, Sedna followed suit, chasing after her Mawile which seemed so eager to explore what this place was all about. In a desperation to figure out what the tournament idea was all about, Sedna grew curious if anyone inside could give her some insight.

With that, Sedna scooped up her Mawile in her arms and leaned into the door, opening it slowly as she shyly poked her red headed self into the interior, looking around.

Now safely inside, Atty could pick up the flavorful smells wafting around the shop. There was a sign near the menu, advertising the return of Mythical Malasadas for the week, in par with the celebrations going on. She scanned the shop, looking over towards the seating area. Although it was still early, the shop was beginning to already fill. Seeing no one she recognized, however, put Atty at ease. She waited in line until it was her turn, ordering a Big Malasada and finding a spot to sit down. As she left the line, she could hear the chime of the door opening again, and turned to see a young, redheaded girl looking around, almost looking lost in a way.

Figuring it wasn't any of her business, she found a two-seater booth by the windows, taking out a plain Pokeball to fill the other side. A Weavile popped out with a lazy yawn, blinking and adjusting to the light. Atty gave a warm smile. "'Morning, sleepyhead. Don't worry, I have an order on the way, I figured you were hungry." Her hand reached across the table, scratching behind the Weavile's small ear feathers.

She purred in response, and in only a matter of minutes, their shared order had arrived. The sugary powder that topped the confection glittered under the light, cream overflowing and oozing out as Atty cut straight down the middle. Both the girl and her Pokemon began to eat together, the latter a bit more messy than the other as she pulled apart the treat with just her claws.

The Mudkip gave a vague frown towards the Charizard shielding her trainer and the other Pokémon around her from him, as he decided to silently walk inside the shop after managing to push the door with some effort. He decided to allow his move to prime for a longer period of time, as he looked over at the trainer with a Weavile both eating what appeared to resemble fried bread to his eyes. He kept his right paw in his right pocket in the area that had a bright, yellowish note that had the number at the top right corner reading ten thousand from its simple, numeric form.

"So... that man with the Charizard is sure going to make my job harder than it already is it seems. I'll just have to blend in with the crowd first, act calm and use the messaging app if anyone asks me anything," The Mudkip thought while resisting the urge to wince from every trainer towering over his small size.

Sedna blinked curiously as she peered around. More often than not, she found herself looking at the different seats where she decided she would have to find herself very soon judging by how eager her Mawile was to eat.

"Would you calm down? I'll get you something, missy." Sedna growled back at Mawile before pacing around and finding a seat. There were a lot of people around but still, Sedna found herself a spot after passing by the Weavile sitting with it's trainer, eating it's own form of malasada - the whole reason Mawile pulled them into the store in the first place.

As they passed by the trainer and her Mawile, Sedna didn't pay them much mind. However, Mawile looked at the Weavile.

"Mawile!" Mawile chirped while staring at Weavile. Still, Sedna ushered herself along with the Mawile in her arms along in order to not disturb a stranger and her Pokèmon.

Shortly after, Sedna and Mawile find their seat a few tables down from the Weavile and the trainer. With that, Sedna places her order and waits for it to return.

Shiori couldn't help but to smile as a the Mudkip seemed to ignore Pyros and walk into the Malasada Shop. The small water-type hadn't looked the least bit ruffled by the Charizard's attempt at intimidation. Raza watched the Mudkip suspiciously. The disguised Zoroark had a feeling that the Pokemon was up to something, but wasn't sure what.

"It seems he didn't want to talk to you either. Maybe it's your breath..." Shiori joked to Pyros. Although, it was slightly odd to see a Pokemon wearing clothes and carrying some device, Shiori shrugged it off. It might belong to one of the people in the shop. Besides, how much trouble could a small Mudkip be?

Shiori instantly retracted that thought. How could he think that, after all the trouble his Quagsire caused when he was just a Wooper? Shiori had never figured out how the Pokemon knew Ice Punch without any arms, but it didn't really matter.

"From how you described those Malasadas, I can't wait to try one." Shiori said, entering the Malasada Shop himself. Raza entered behind him. There weren't many people in shop. Shiori could see a girl splitting a Big Malasada with her Weavile, while another girl sat with her Mawile. And although Shiori didn't see it, Raza noticed the Mudkip was still in the shop, close to where the girl with the Mawile were sitting. Shiori walked up to the countered, and after a short scan of the menu, decided to order a Big Malasada. Taking the donut like food, Shiori and Raza sat in the booth next to Sedna's and got ready to eat. Raza sat across from Shiori and stared at the food hungrily as he split the Malasada.
"Remember, if you're going to disguise yourself as a human, you've got to eat like a human. Alright?" Shiori said. Raza rolled her eyes and nodded, and Shiori handed her the half of the Malasada.

Gyarados had been surfing around Akala island for the past hour before its trainer decided it was time to move. Dragov blasted through the water and straight towards Ula'Ula island. Along the horizon line a singular figure could be seen between multiple ferries, that figure was the figure of Jackson Stevens and Dragov his gyarados.

Based off of his calculations he would have enough time to indulge in some of Aloha's signature delicacies, being malasadas. Once he had reached Malie city he got off of Dragov and thanked him for his services. He started to walk towards the pokemon center, but he focused on something else.

He looked into the malasada shop and stared bewildered into it. The shop was nearly filled with people and pokemon, but he could only focus on two people in particular. A man and a woman were sitting at a table eating a malasada. He didn't want to stare and make people feel uncomfortable so he quickly hurried out. He thought there was something up with every single person in the shop.

"There is no point in over thinking things, Jackson" he thought to himself.

He soon managed to find enough courage to walk into the malasada shop, however all he did was look.

Ruby, the Weavile, looked up from her meal as she heard something call to her attention. There was a Mawile that had made a friendly noise towards her, the weasel Pokemon unsure how to respond. She blinked twice, before lifting a sugar-covered claw and giving a small wave back. The interaction was short, however, as the trainer quickly ushered her Pokemon to a seat a few booths down.

The commotion also drew Atty's attention away from the food, looking up to see the interaction between the Pokemon. She kept quiet until the girl had walked away, watching her for a moment before looking back around the seating area. The two trainers and the girl from before she had recognized- It was inevitable, considering she had overheard their conversation just minutes prior. Still, that girl was giving off a strange vibe about her... Figuring it must be nothing, Atty attempted to snap out of her prejudices by looking around at any other new comers.

She leaned in towards Ruby, once again scratching the thick, dark fur of her Pokemon. "There's a lot of people here. Makes me wonder just how many are gonna be battling, y'know?" Ruby cocked her head in response, prompting a small laugh out of the girl. "Yeah, I'm sure we'll do fine. As long as nothing embarrassing happens..."

"There sure are... A lot of people here today!" Sedna exclaimed with a giggle followed up with a wide smile. "I'm sure you're just itching for a battle, aren't you?"

Mawile also smiled - until their order arrived. Sedna quickly noticed how similar her order was to everyone else but when Mawile dug into the Malasada, her mind returned to the delicious food in front of her.

Sedna caught the boy passing her and sent a friendly smile as he passed by. However, Sedna returned her eyes to the female and the Weavile several seats away from her. Growing more curious by the moment, she pondered on why the Mawile seemed so friendly to a Pokèmon they hadn't met. Regardless, she returned to her delicious malasada.

Maxene looked up from her book not realizing that she was the only one in the plane. "Oh no, oh no!" She ran as fast as she could, with her sylveon behind her only to get flown owt of the plane. She landed perfectly. if that was what your thinking, your wrong.she had a bad fall. Her face planted in her book on the ground. "Whoops. Forgot about my bag..." she stood up wiped her skirt and went inside to retrive her bag. She went down the stairs of the plane. And went out of the airport.

(Come on everyone, where did you go?)

After a short while, Sedna and her Mawile finished their Malasada and proceeded to relax a little in their seats before doing anything. Sedna curiously ran her eyes across the room and noticed everyone - the boy, and the girl with the Weavile. Some other people came into view but she didn't have any interest in them whatsoever.

"I really want to know how strong people in the Alola Region are..." Sedna mumbled as she brought a hand to her red hair and felt along the flowers to make sure they were still properly in her pigtails.

"Wile...Mawile!" Mawile chirped as she looked up at Sedna with a begging look - it didn't take a rocket scientist to understand that this Mawile was looking for more.

"Mawile, don't you think one is enough? We're having dinner later I don't want you eating too much."

Regardless of what Sedna had said, Mawile still showed full power on getting a new one. So, Sedna obeyed.

"Always getting what you want, missy..." Sedna complained, although half serious as she ordered another one completely for Mawile.

Hearing Shiori make a joke about him, Pyros shot him a playful little glare with a smirk dying to be shown, but he tried to hide it... And failed. It looked extremely silly. The grin tugging at his face became a full blown smile and he chuckled, and sat back up. He watched the little Mudkip run through the crowd. It had seemed to be looking for trouble, since Pyros would see his sister do the same exact thing. Regardless, if anything happens, he'll be here.

Pyros followed Shiori inside and had to tell Zarda she couldn't come in, since the room wasn't big enough for her. Zarda understood, yet with sadness in her eyes. Pyros kissed her scaly cheek and told her that he'll give her a piece of a malasada, so she won't get left out. Zarda nodded and flew upwards, finding a nice place to rest until Pyros whistled for her. Pyros then quickly hurried through the small rush of people heading inside, finding Shiori and Raza at a table. He then asked them "Is it alright if I sit here with you guys? Normally, I don't follow people around like this, but you're pretty fun to hang out with. Although, I can find another booth to sit at if you and your Po-... Buddy here want to eat together in piece," he almost called Raza a Pokemon. His face looked a little silly, since it was trying not to smile and chuckle at the almost dead giveaway.

Pyros took note of everyone in the room, trying to find the little Mudkip discreetly. There was a young girl with a Mawile, a young woman with a Weavile, a man who left abruptly, then came back in to look, aaaand that was it, besides the random waiters and waitresses. Well, the two girls with their Pokemon out were cute, but they looked quite young for his age. He set them aside from his mind, and waited for Shiori to invite him.

Last edited:
"Sure! Although... You might wanna watch yourself. Raza doesn't exactly like when she gets called out." Shiori said to Pyros. He glanced over at Raza, who was glaring at Pyros. Now it was Shiori's turn to roll his eyes.
"Jeez, Lighten up Raza!" Shiori said, playfully hitting Raza's arm. If anyone was watching, they would have noticed Shiori's fist partially phase through Raza's arm. Raza drew back her arm quickly and hissed quietly at Shiori. "Relax. This isn't Kanto 12 years ago. There aren't Rockets creeping about."
Raza looked out the window, a bit uncomfortable, then went back to eating her half of the big Malasada.

"Have a seat." Shiori said, gesturing to the booth. The actor took a look around the shop, then decided to take off his sunglasses. He found it both odd and a bit relieving that no one had noticed he was an actor. It felt kinda nice not being chased by paparazzi.
"So..." Shiori said as he ate his Big Malasada. "Do you think any of them are here for the tournament?"

Sedna twitched at the sound of the word 'tournament' and shot up from her seat, her red eyes scanning the room for whoever had just said the magic word.

Out of gut reaction alone, Sedna exclaimed out loud, "Did someone say 'tournament!?'

Instantly after she had her ourburst, she slapped both hands on top of her lips to practically shut herself up. Sedna's face turned as red as a Tomato Berry while Mawile simply giggled at the mistake of her trainer.

Shiori jumped a bit when the girl with the Mawile yelled, but couldn't help but to smile. He raised a hand to get the girl's attention.
"Yes, that was me. Hello." Shiori said to the girl. "Are you competing in the tournament as well?"
Raza simply rolled her eyes at the girl's yell. It was something similar to what her trainer would do.

Sedna scooped up her Mawile in her arms and strolled over to the friendly voice. Mawile looked a little displeased to be pulled away from her food and glared up at Sedna.

"I was hoping to, yes!" Sedna exclaimed, her cheeks a little bright red from her outburst just seconds ago. Shaking it off, she smiled. "I'm Sedna, it's nice to meet you!"

As James entered back into town having used up all the potions he bought for training faster than he would have liked he appeared to have a scarf hanging over his shoulders.
'Man, I'm hungry,' He thought to himself as he neared the Malasada shop. He entered the shop to see some famaliar faces in it. He reached up to stroke the 'scarf' when it suddenly moved and scurried down his arm. James bent down to speak to the pokemon, " Hey Linoone, go find us a seat." The pokemon gave a quiet cry and ran to a empty booth. As he walked towards the counter he called a greeting to Pyros. "Hey Pyros. Sure are a lot of people here."

Atty's head darted upwards as the girl with the Mawile blurted out the question, bringing almost everyone in the shop to attention. Ruby seemed to be a bit surprised as well, staring with her trainer as they watched the young redhead.

She felt a bit bad, staring and not replying, but she figured it would only be a matter of time anyways until everyone figured out she was participating. For now she just sat back, watching the redhead talk with the male trainer from before, making an attempt to listen in on their conversation.

Pyros smiled and chuckled at Raza's annoyance. He sat down on the other end and released one of his own Pokemon: a Kantonian Ninetales. She cooed adorably and nuzzled Pyros' shoulder. She looked across the table, and she immediately hid behind Pyros, trying not to catch too much attention. Pyros just chuckled and introduced his shy Ninetales.

"This is Kyukon, my Ninetales. Don't worry, she's always shy when she meets strangers. Kyukon, this is Shiori and his friend, Raza."

Kyukon sniffed the air and immediately knew that Raza wasn't human. She knew about Zoroarks better than Zarda, so she identified her immediately. She waved a shy paw and hid her face behind Pyros, taking the back of the seat. Although, she was quite warm, so he wasn't complaining too much.

He was about to answer Shiori's question, when the lady blurted something out. Kyukon twitched violently and hid even more. She peeked around Pyros to see a young girl with a Mawile approach them. Pyros introduced himself and his Pokemon. "My name is Pyroshu, but you may call me Pyros. This is my Kantonian Ninetales: Kyukon. I'm assuming at least two other people in this Malasada shop are here for the tournament. Everyone looks battle ready or ready to watch some battles."

With that, he heard someone familiar greet him. He looked around just in time to see a Linoone rush off. He had to admit, the Linoone looked quite tough and it seemed to be more muscular than the average Linoone. He waved a hand toward the man who had come in, and replied. "Hey, James. Everyone wants to eat something before the tournament starts."

With that, the waiter came up to Pyros and Pyros was about to order some spicy malasadas, but the waiter said that, because of the special event, they'll be selling all the different kinds of malasadas not usually found in the store. That also meant mythic malasadas. Pyros ordered five sweet malasadas (for Kyukon, Nokus, Chandela, Boko, and Baku), one dry malasada (for Ennewt), and two spicy malasadas (for himself and Zarda). He also ordered for everyone of them to-go except for one of the sweet and spicy malasadas. The waiter bowed and left, getting his order ready. Pyros then went back to the conversation between Sedna and Shiori.

A brainwave at the moment hit him though. Wasn't he.... The same guy from a past tournament? A friend of his sister's had battled in the same tournament as him.

Last edited:
Sedna shared a smile with her Mawile, her Steel and Fairy typed Mawile waving at the Ninetails.

"A... Kantonian Ninetails? I thought there were only one kind of them?" Sedna asked as she curiously raised a finger to her lips and pondered that statement. "Anyway! It's nice to meet you! I'm actually... rather new to Alola. This is my first day here."

Mawile hopped down from Sedna and poked at Zoroark's Arm with the large mouth hanging off the back of her head.

"Ma...wile?" Mawile hummed curiously as it tapped softly.

"Mawile! It's not nice to intrude on people!" Sedna barked at her Mawile, scooping it up into her arms.

After bickering with her Mawile, her eyes also spotted the Linoone. Recalling the Linoone she had seen in the Sinnoh region, Sedna smiled - such Pokèmon were strong and fast. If this Pokèmon and it's trainer wished to join the tournament, they would be a very strong opponent.

... This, of course, was what Sedna was looking for.

"I'm currently on an adventure in the Sinnoh region. I am training for the Elite Four challenge, which is what brought myself here!" Sedna chirped.

"Ma-Wile! Mawile!" Mawile agreed with a chirp as well.

Pyros smiled at her demeanor and her adorable Pokemon. He replied after her Mawile was done chirping, as he didn't want to seem rude. "Well, I wouldn't be surprised. Alola has its own kind of Vulpix and Ninetales, which are Ice-Type and Ice- and Fairy-Types, respectively. The Kantonian Vulpix line is completely Fire. Anyway, I've been to Sinnoh. Defeated all the gyms there and even got a few ribbons in some cool and beauty contests in Hearthome City and Celestic Town. I had actually beaten the Elite Four, but couldn't get past Cynthia's Garchomp, even with my own and my past experience with Dragon-Types. She is the first champion that I couldn't beat, as I have beaten others like Steven Stone from the Hoenn Region and Alder in Unova before he retired and gave the championship up to Iris. Although, those are the only three I've ever battled and they weren't official battles, and I could've battled the other ones, but I had school to get to in the next region. Couldn't exactly beat them on a school schedule. Also, there was no league in Alola when my siblings and I were here, so we missed out on it when it first became a thing, but we did collect a nice array of Z-Crystals. Though, hopefully your spryness and creative young mind can get you through the tourney, and even make some new friends, if becoming number one isn't your top priority. I have lots of skill, though. If we do battle each other, then I give you all the luck a Togekiss could give, not because you'll be needing it for the random battle that may hold us as opponents, but because the luck is there for a chance for your Pokemon to really show their potential in the battle, and show you your own strengths and weaknesses throughout all the battles you go through. You too, Shiori. Everybody needs a little bit of luck on their side. It is how we became trainers, was from luck and circumstance. I know lots of people who can't become trainers, whether it be familial issues, disabilities, or their own phobia."

Pyros' voice became quite husky and brotherly when wishing the two their luck in their future endeavors. He then snapped out of it and chuckled to himself, scratching the back of his head. "Sorry about that. I get like that when I'm tired. Didn't exactly sleep at all last night. Kind of hard to do that when on a flying lizard going from Kanto to Alola. I feel twice my age when I get like that."

Kyukon made this strange chuckle that sounded like chirping. She looked over to both Raza and Mawile, then, remembering that Raza didn't want to get touched, moved over onto Pyros' lap and tried to sniff at Mawile. She then made another chirp noise and nuzzled against the Steel/Fairy-Type Deceiver Pokemon. Pyros just chuckled at Kyukon's want for snuggles and pet her back. She is going into a snuggly mood. Arceus only knows what the battle would be like when Kyukon is snuggly.

Last edited:
Malie city, Gerald vaguely remembered this place. Last time he was there, it was only for a day- and he was only passing through. He didn't get to take in the sights, but he did remember it being very pretty.

It still was pretty, of course. The morning sun sure helped.

Thanks to his connections with a certain someone, he managed to get back into the Alola region- just in time to catch a tournament. it happened. He only intended to be spending a nice vacation here with his buddy Kiran, but Kiran actually had work to do...leaving Gerald time to join the tournament and enjoy the festival by himself. And his Pokemon, of course.

He walked the streets with June, his Delphox, and Puff, his Lopunny, behind him. Gerald seemingly never learned that Puff was a troublemaker, but he expected that the Lopunny would keep in line this once. Everything was still being set up. Surely he wouldn't get in trouble at this time? In this foreign region? At this early hour?...Yeah, yeah he would. As the three walked past the Malie City's Malasada Shop, Puff noticed an influx of powerful Pokemon- well, a Charizard and a weird girl who wasn't fooling anyone. In any case, he was always up for a fight...and starting one if there wasn't one already.

He cracked his knuckles and had a wicked smile on his face. And there he went, off to start a fight. Until a growl and two red eyes boring into the back of his head stopped Puff in his tracks. June had been through this song and dance way too much. His wicked smile turned into one of cowardice as he lowered his fists. Looked like the Charizard was in the middle of something now anyways.

Gerald, who was fairly unaware of the small scene that had occurred between his Pokemon, turned towards the two after hearing June's growls. "What's up with you two? Find something?" He looked towards the Restaurant. "Oh, you guys wanna go there? Seems a little crowded, but why not?"

June loved her trainer, but even she couldn't ignore how dense he was at times. Well, Puff wouldn't be hard to keep an eye on at least. How busy could it even be in there?

The three walked in, and it seemed like every trainer in the city had chosen this Malasada place as the spot to get a bite. Sure was bustling. Still, Puff was easy to watch. June just had to watch him to keep him out of trouble. "Dang, they have a lot of choices. Dry, Sweet, Spicy, Mythic...Which ones do you think we should get, June?" Okay. She could take her eyes off him for a minute, right? Puff wasn't that erratic.

And as she took her attention off of him, Puff was immediately blindsided by a Linoone- the swift raccoon didn't even slow down, just ran off towards an empty booth. Maybe Puff found his fight. Just maybe. The Lopunny slinked off, away from his trainer and fellow team mate. He had a Linoone to catch.

When June turned back towards Puff, who was no longer there, a mix of terror and anger flashed onto her face. Of course he had to go the moment she turned away...Why couldn't Gerald have caught a shy gentle Buneary? No, he had to go get the little one with the anger problems. And it was hard to find him in this crowd...

And Puff had found his target. The Linoone, who had found their booth, was awaiting their master. Puff gave it a tap on the back, raring up a dizzy punch- he was soooo going to get that speedy rodent.

Sedna grew excited - Twinkies appeared in her eyes as she all but bounced up and down in excitement.

"You've been to Sinnoh? Taken on the Elite Four AND Cynthia!? You're so powerful! I'm so jealous!" Sedna exclaimed as Mawile also looked starry eyed - amazed at this man's capabilities as well as his story. "I couldn't stand a chance against the first member of the Elite Four so I definitely have a lot to learn!"

Mawile hopped back down from Sedna and strolled over to the man she was talking to and nudged at his leg with her wide mouth, trying to reach up at his pokeballs, wanting to see what kind of Team he had on him.

Meanwhile, Sedna was still starstruck.

"Have you also heard of the legend... of Trainer Red? I grew up believing that Red was just a mysterious fairy tale but if you've beaten so many champions - Have you seen Red!?"

Pyros' attention was caught by a man walking in with a Delphox and a Lopunny. The Lopunny looked quite tough, and had found the Linoone as his prey. To intervene, even though the Linoone can and will take care of himself, he still felt like he should keep the Linoone from fighting, since he was just done training by the looks of it. He released his Salazzle, Ennewt. She stretched herself out and looked at her nails like a little princess. She looked over to Pyros and he nodded his head toward the Lopunny and the Linoone. Ennewt saw this and hissed playfully. She loved stopping fights.

Meanwhile, Pyros had gotten quite the follower. He just chuckled and scratched the back of his head, not really thinking he was quite that good. Besides, even though he wanted to believe he was good, he still had lots of insecurities. Something he wasn't exactly proud of. "Hey, I just have had a lot of experience dealing with Pokemon and battling and dueling with my siblings. I'm not that great. Cynthia beat me, and I took my time to learn the behaviors and the usual plans of the Elite Four members, since I changed my strategy after I had been beaten by them over and over again. I didn't beat them at my first go. I had to go through at least 10 defeats against them. I was only able to beat them when I brought Zarda with me to beat them specifically. I didn't think I was going to battle Cynthia, so when I was offered to see Cynthia and battle her, I was so ecstatic, but at the same time, I wasn't mentally prepared to take her on, and I didn't do my research. She beat me and swept my entire team with her Garchomp. But I have heard of Trainer Red. My sister, Shadara, she went to Mt. Silver to try and catch a few Sneasels for when my brother, Miel, was sick. Shade had gotten to the very top to see the sights and use one of her Pokemon to fly from Mt. Silver's peak to Mt. Moon's peak, and she saw him. I was super jealous, but he definitely isn't a myth or a fairytale. He's as old as us, maybe even slightly younger, like in his late twenties. My parents had heard of him, and my mother had actually saw him beat Erika when he was 10 and she was visiting Celadon City to buy herbal remedies. Never got a chance to meet him, but I'm super salty that I wasn't able to see him with my own two eyes, but I can say that at least one of my family members has at least seen him."

Meanwhile, Ennewt had sneaked up behind the Lopunny, which was readying his Dizzy Punch, and tried to grapple him from behind, hooking her arms upwards to hook her arms in his, wrap her arms across Lopunny's chest and lift him in the air to stop his assault. Of course, that was if the Lopunny didn't hear Ennewt coming.

Last edited: