• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open All regions pokemon rp

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah!" Emily cheered. "You can do it!" Bandit was watching the battle intensely. At some points he wanted to dash in and help Quill. Emily remembered something that Quill had done back in the caverns of the first trial. "Ashy give Quill some support!" Emily said sending out her rapidash. Ashy trotted around and looked at the battle. "This should make Quill really want to win." she thought to herself. Ashy saw Quill was in the battle and gave him a smile to encourage him.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Wow this is a great battle." Matthew said with a smile as him and Monferno watched the fight. "I never heard of Crabrawler before but it seems really powerful." he said. He watched as Dan was successful in taking out the Crabrawler and moved on to Hariyama, another Pokemon he hadn't seen before. "Wow Alola is crazy." he said with a bit of excitement in his voice.

He saw that Emily was bringing out Ashy to encourage Quill to do better, "Nice strategy." he said, laughing at her use of outside battle support.

Quill looked at the audience and saw Ashy in the crowd, suddenly fire was burning in his soul and he felt ready to fight Arceus, much less the Hariyama in front of him. Dan sensed this.

"Well that's one way to get motivation. Quill use Peck!" Dan called out as Quill shot forward like a rocket and began to assault Hariyama with an unexpected high speed barrage.

"Hariyama use Force Palm!" Hala called out as Hariyama tried to smack the owl out of the sky, but Quill was far too fast as this love fueled slaughter allowed Quill to land numerous Peck attacks before it knocked Hariyama on its back.

"Hariyama!" Hala called out as Hariyama was able to make it to its feet. Quill however wouldn't let up as it used Razor Leaf to pelt Hariyama with a relentless assault of leaves. This had began to turn into a slaughter and even Dan was surprised at Quill's relentlessness. Quill meanwhile was focused on winning. Fire in its eyes knowing Ashy was watching. It would not be denied its moment! Soon Hariyama was covered in a cloud of smoke.

Max watched with shock and awe. He had never seen such an battle. Ninjia watched with approval of Quill. "Wow, I've never seen this happen before." Max said. Ninjia nodded in agreement. They had seen many battles but none that had the determination of Quill.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Holy...think someone should throw a towel." Ashley said shocked at the beating Quill was giving Hariyama, poor thing hadn't landed a hit yet. Kukui meanwhile just watched without saying a word.

Ashy was thoroughly impressed. Emily continued to pet Rockruff. She relaxed seeing that Dan was doing better. bandit also relaxed seeing the tiny bird making such a huge come back.

By some miracle Quill eventually stopped firing and an even bigger one Hariyama remained standing, though he soon fell to a knee.

"Impressive Dan. You and your Pokemon fight with such passion, but it is time to show our own! Watch carefully." Hala said before he began to a series of, from Dan's perspective, dance moves. Dan was confused by the Kahuna's tactics before a surge of energy began to bleed out of the Hariyama.

"That...can't be good. Quill keep your guard up!" Dan instructed as Quill nodded watching the Hariyama carefully.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"What is he doing. Does he think this is a Contest Battle?" Ashley asked, confused by Hala's posing and even more confused by the energy surging out of Hala's Hariyama.

"What is that?" Ashley asked, before she noticed Kukui watching with growing intrigue.

"I see, so your using that against him. This must be one unique individual to draw this out of you." Kukui said to himself, Ashley barley picking up on it.

Max didn't understand what was happening and by the looks of it neither did the others. Ninjia watched curiously. She wanted to know what this trainer was doing.

Ashy and Bandit were equally confused. Emily didn't know what was happening either. "What is he doing?" She asked. Bandit shrugged not knowing. Ashy looked at Quill and glanced to the Hariyama. She was a bit worried for him.

"Dan I give you the ultimate show of respect. This is the Alola spirit! This is my Z-Move! Hariyama All-Out Pummeling!" Hala yelled as Hariyama's energy exploded and he began to send out dozens of projectile energy fists towards Quill.

"Quill dodge it!" Dan yelled as Quill did its best to avoid all the energy fists, even taking to the sky. However there were just too many and soon Quill began to get pelted with fist after fist. Once the energy fists stopped coming Hariyama charged the stunned Quill, jumping in the air with energized fists, and landed a devastating palm strike sending Quill crashing into the ground.

"Quill!" Dan cried in concern. Quill found himself in a small hole, he hadn't fainted but he struggled to get up and was covered in bruises.

"I suggest you pick your next Pokemon, cause your friend is finished." Hala advised. Dan nodded and was about to recall Quill when, to both his and Hala's surprise. Quill got back to its feet. Though it was shaking and showing clear signs of injury, it refused to go down.

"Quill, you want to...you want to continue?" Dan asked as Quill replied with a weak nod.

Ashy had to look away when Hariyama used it's z-move. "Quill!" Emily shouted afraid for the tiny bird pokemon. Ashy looked back once Hariyama was done attacking. she looked down at Quill worried for him. Bandit was worried too. He growled at Hariyama but remained out of the battle. He had grown to like Quill.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Ashley looked on with her hands crumbled into fists. There was no way she was going to just sit here and let Dan keep Quill in the match after what the poor thing just endured. She was about to voice her objection when Kukui cut her off with a hand gesture.

"But professor..." Ashley said in protect before his stern, serious look cut her off. Kukui was always so fun loving and full of energy. To see him with such a serious expression was something out of the ordinary.

"I don't like to see any Pokemon hurt either, but this is what Dan...and more importantly Quill want." Kukui said to Ashley. She understood Kukui's point, but that didn't make it any easier.

Quill tried to fly back up, but a shot of pain caused it to fall to the ground. Part of Quill wanted to just give up and call it a day...then it looked in the crowd and saw Ashy was still there. Quill took a breathe before it found the energy to flap its wings and start to fly in place.

"You sure about this?" Dan asked again, part of him wanting to return Quill. Quill however was determined and replied with a nod.

"Alright, then we'll finish this in one shot! Quill use Peck!" Dan called out as Quill's beak glowed in white energy and charged Hariyama.

"Fighting until the very end, this is the passion of a true trainer! Hariyama Focus Punch!" Hala called out as Hariyama's fist was engulfed in a white energy, similar to Quill's beak, before its fist slammed into Quill's beak. The attacks met each other as both Quill and Hariyama began pushing with everything they had trying to get the edge, both knowing the next attack to land would probably be the last.

"Come on Quill! Give it everything you've got!" Dan yelled.
"Hariyama push until you can't push anymore!" Hala also yelled.

Ashy reared up and called to Quill to give him encouragement. Bandit used roar as a form of courage. Emily smiled at her pokemon. "You can do it Quill!" Emily shouted. All three cheered for Quill. They believed in him.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew watched in pure shock as Quill was able to withstand everything that he'd been through since the battle started. "Dan's getting better. That means I have to improve as well." he said. Monferno picked up on the comment and hopped down in front of his trainer and raised it's fist.

Matthew was deep in thought but Monferno's cheerful spirit seemed to snap him back into reality. "You're right buddy. I'm sure we'll catch up to him eventually." he said, ruffling the Monkey's hair. "Let's go Quill you got this!" Matthew yelled from the sidelines as Monferno also cheered for the owl Pokemon.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"You can do it Quill! We're all behind you!" Ashley yelled out in support, Lilo clapping following Ashley and everyone's else example as well. Kukui couldn't help but smile seeing Ashley and the others help support their friend.

Quill heard everyone's cries of support. It couldn't let them down. It couldn't let itself down. It couldn't let Dan down. Quill took one final breathe and pushed with the last of its energy and its Peck was able to overpower Hariyama's Focus Punch; pushing past the fist and landing a clean strike on Hariyama's chest.

"Hariyama!" Hala cried out, but Hariyama was down and out; the Peck attack causing it to faint.

"Hariyama is unable to battle! The battle goes to Quill and the match goes to Dan!" Kukui called out as Dan quickly ran over to Quill and picked him up in his arms. Quill was dead tired and bruised from head to toe, but it remained awake and even gave Dan a weak smile.

"You were amazing buddy. You did it!" Dan said with a big smile before giving Quill a hug, Quill happy it was able to help its partner. Rio gave a pat to Quill's head, showing its approval.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Yes! He did it! Dan won the battle!" the boy said, really happy for his friend. He continued to cheer and then stopped in his tracks. "Wait...so um, what happens now that he won?" he asked curiously. Monferno shared a confused expression with his trainer as the two thought about what would happen following Dan's victory.

Ashy trotted over to Quill and Dan. She looked down at Quill and smiled. She was proud of him. She gave him a little kiss on the head. He deserved it. Emily smiled. "You did it!!" She cheered. Bandit roared again happily.

One second Quill was in Dan's arms, tired and feeling weak, then the next Ashy gave him a kiss and he sprung to life. He flew up and smiled at Ashy, even doing a figure eight in the air before he exhausted himself and he had to land. He was proud of his performance and proud he was able to impress Ashy.

"Unbelievable." Dan said shaking his head. Quill takes the beating of a lifetime and still has the energy to dance around and celebrate. Guess this was the definition of the power of love.

"Thanks Emily, Matthew, everyone. You have no idea how much your support helped us out." Dan said before he noticed Quill glowing bright white signaling an evolution. Before long Quill had transformed from an Rowlet to a Dartrix. Quill was overjoyed and began to fly around...only to realize that he still was running on fumes and started to fall with Rio catching him before he hit the ground.

"Don't overdo it. I know you're happy you evolved but you need some rest, okay buddy." Dan said with Quill replying with a nod.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Oh wow. Another one of your Pokemon evolved Dan that's great." the boy said. Monferno ran over to greet the Dartrix even in it's weak condition. "Hate to admit it but right now if we battled again I wouldn't stand a chance." the boy said with a small laugh.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Congrats Dan! You and Quill were great!" Ashley said walking over to the others.

"Oh he evolved into a Dartrix!" Ashley said taking out her camera to take a quick picture. Kukui walked over to the group with a big smile.

"Amazing spirit you and your Pokemon displayed, Rowlet found itself a worthy partner." Kukui said before turning to Matthew.

"Don't sell yourself short my young friend. Anything can happen in a battle, and a little training can overcome any gap." Kukui said offering words of wisdom.

"Aw Quill evolved!!" Emily smiled. "Ashy must have some powerful kisses." She laughed. "Congrats Dan!" Ashy rolled her eyes at Emily's comment.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Yeah I know what you mean." the boy said while laughing. "It's like Ashy has superpowers or something. It definitely worked for Quill." he said, still smiling. Matthew was happy for his friend but the longer they went on the bigger of a bind he was getting himself into. Of course he was happy for Dan for completing the trial but, how was the trainer himself going to improve.

If he just sat back and watched as Dan got ahead then they'd never be able to have a battle as equals which was what he wanted more than ever. He wanted a battle with Dan in a stadium for everyone to see. Maybe the boy had finally found something for himself to work on achieving. That's one step in the right direction.

Dante clapped and gave a thumbs up to Dan. "So where are we off to next mates? Honestly im exhausted an wouldn't mind catching some shut eye somewhere. Unless someone else has something to accomplish today." He said giving a yawn.

(can i join here is my character)

name: marcus
age 12
appearance: light brown hair, green shirt, light blue shorts and some red sneakers
personality: seems brash at first but is actually really nice to his family, friends and pokèmon
pokèmon: decidueye, vapoureon , salazzle , vikavolt, gallade , steelix.
goal: unknown maybe champion
backstory: originally from Hoenn, Marcus moved to alola with his family for the beaches and other natural delights

Last edited:
Marcus was sleeping in his bed when his mum's minccino slapped him in the face, so Marcus went downstairs and saw his brother Ron who wanted to get his first pokèmon. Together they made their way to iki town because they heard that professor kukui is giving away starters

once they got to iki town, they saw that there was a great big battle going on there that ended just before they got there. Anyway Kukui was still there so Ron asked for a starter and got to choose out of litten, popplio or rowlet. he choose litten and Ron and Marcus set out on a quest to defeat the trials and become champion

"I wouldn't mind getting some sleep." He spoke after a while of silence. "What about you Ninjia?" Ninija nodded and climbed up onto his shoulder once more.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Oh crap! I forgot I still have to register for the Iki Town Contest. I'll see you guys later!" Ashley said before running off to the nearby Contest Hall, Lilo right behind her. The pair made it to the registration desk.

"Please tell me I can still register." Ashley said with a slight panic.

"Of course. Is this your first time or have you competed in a Contest before?" The receptionist asked. Ashley let out a sigh of relief.

"First time." Ashley said as the receptionist nodded before handing her a Contest Pass and Ribbon Case.

"I wish you luck." The receptionist said as Ashley thanked her before walking out of the Contest Hall. She released Crystal and began to walk to the nearby woods for some training. The Contest wasn't for another hour so she had some time to practice to get herself ready.

Dan saw Ashley run off as he recalled Quill before he and Rio went to the nearby Pokemon Center. He handed the nurse Quill's Pokeball and sat on a waiting seat, reading a magazine while they treated him. Dan hated waiting, but Quill went through hell today so the process was going to take longer than just scanning a Pokeball on a machine. Quill's health was the most important thing. Rio began to meditate in the seat next to Dan.

Dan saw Jason, with Rowlet and a Charjabug in toe, arrive next to him.

"Hi Jason. Well I just had a tough battle with the Island Kahuna, Hala. Now that I beat him I can go to other islands and challenge their Trial Captains. Right now my Pokemon are getting checked up, Ashley went to get ready for the Contest later and the others are relaxing." Dan said giving Jason a summery of the recent events. Rio continued to meditate next to him.

Emily recalled Ashy. "You did good girl." She smiled. Bandit walked after Dan to the pokemon center. He was bored and wanted to have a look around. Emily followed after Bandit. Bandit was busy exploring and eventually Emily lost sight of him. "Bandit!" Emily called. The Houndoom heard her calls but kept exploring. Eventually though he started making his way back to her.

"After Ashley's Contest at the earliest, but other members of the group may want to go somewhere else first, so who knows." Dan said to Jason before a thought went through his head.

"Be right back, gotta make a call." Dan said to Jason before getting up and walking to the phones. Rio continued to sit in meditation. Dan noticed Bandit wandering outside before he picked up the phone and dialed a familiar number.

"Hello?" a women's voice asked on the other line.

"Hi mom, it's me. How have you been?" Dan asked.

"Oh hi sweetie! It's great to hear from you, though I thought you would call sooner." Dan's mom said.

"Yeah, kinda got sidetracked. Still I've had quite the journey so far." Dan said before he began to explain to his mom all the events he'd been a part of since coming to Alola, leaving out some details.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Now stick the landing!" Ashley said as Lilo did a front flip and landed on its tail, wobbling for a moment, but a big smile on her face.

"Alright we're getting better. Another run or two and I think you guys will be ready." Ashley said to Lilo and Crystal, the two having worked hard in the forest in preparation. This was going to big their biggest moment and they didn't want to let Ashley down.

"Let's do a few more trial runs and then we'll get ourselves pretty for the audience. Presentation is key. Let's do it!" Ashley said with her fist raised as Lilo and Crystal nodded and the trio resumed practice.

Emily scolded Bandit for wondering off. She then returned him to his poke ball and went to explore herself. She was bored and didn't want to rest. "Hey Max, want to walk around with me? I'm kinda bored." Emily said. She was indeed bored. She wanted to do a pokemon battle but decided it would be better to let her pokemon rest for a while.

"Well my little boy is becoming quite the young man. I want you to know how proud I am of you." Dan's mother said, making Dan smile.

"Thanks mom." Dan said.

"I know a certain someone who will be happy to hear you doing well." Dan's mom said teasingly as Dan began to blush.

"Wha-what are...you haven't had...IT ISN'T LIKE THAT!" Dan said, a small yell at the end causing his mom to laugh.

"In any event I best be going, but there is a favor I want to to ask of you." Dan's mom said, as Dan's blush faded and he focused on what his mom wanted.

"Since you're in Alola, my good friend Cynthia will be representing Sinnoh in the Battle Tree. If you see her, tell her I said hi." Dan's mother said. Dan's mom being rivals with Cynthia growing up and now good friends was something he kept from the others at the restaurant.

"Uh sure mom. Won't be a problem." Dan said.

"Good, now knock these trials out of the park, my little future Frontier Brain." Dan's mom said as she hung up, Dan followed in toe. Dan went up to the desk as the nurse presented him with Quill's Pokeball.

"Thank you." Dan said before he left the Pokemon Center, Rio breaking meditation to follow him. He soon saw Emily and Max heading off somewhere and decided to follow. Ashley's Contest wasn't for a little while and he was bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.