• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open All regions pokemon rp

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew shrugged as he didn't know what to do. He was really trying to find out what to do with his life and had no idea where to start. He spotted Dan coming out of the Pokemon center and walked over to him. He noticed they were going in the same direction as Emily and Max. "So what now Dan?" he asked. "Well you won so then we should watch Ashley's contest and what about after that?" he asked.

Dan noticed Matthew out of the corner of his eye and heard his question.

"Well Ashley's getting ready for the Contest. After that who knows. I know I have to go to the other islands with the trial captains, but beyond that I don't know what we'll do next after Ashley's Contest." Dan said answering Matthew's question.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
The trainer nodded his head at Dan's response, "Okay that seems fair enough." he said. The boy figured he'd go and train but there was something he had to do first. "Alright Dan I need something from you." he said. The boy knew he needed to make a decision or he'd never be able to move on with his life as a trainer. He clenched his fists, "A 1 on 1 battle, simple as that." he said with determination in his eyes.

"Uh, sure." Dan said, surprised at Matthew's challenge, but as a trainer he had no right to turn down a challenge. Besides it wasn't like he had anything better to do.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew smiled, "Thank you Dan. Just do me a favor and don't hold anything back. Not like you were going to do that in the first place but I just wanted to make sure." he said, getting some space from the trainer. "Alright I'm sure you already know who I'm using." he said as Monferno ran over to him and got ready to battle.

Dan thought for a moment about who'd he use. Quill was out, since he was way too tired from the fight with Hala. Peachy & Chompy already fought Matthew once...that's when Dan knew who to pick.

"All right Rio let's show him what we've got." Dan said as Rio moved in front of him, ready for battle.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Alright I guess I'll start then." the boy said. "Monferno use Flame Wheel!" Matthew shouted. The Pokemon encased himself in fire and began to roll towards Rio with incredible speed.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Ice Shard!" Ashley called out as Crystal finished up her routine by firing several shots of ice at the trees. Each one was right on target...even the one that shot at a trainer about to pass by the target tree.

"Look out!" Ashley called out as the blond boy saw the Ice Attack and avoided it.

"What the hell? You trying to freeze my block off!" The boy yelled, shooting the girl a glare. Next to the boy was a Persian who began to growl at Ashley and her team.

"S-sorry! I was just training for the Contest and..." Ashley began to explain before the boy cut her off with a hand gesture.

"Oh, so you're a Coordinator?" The boy asked, seemingly intrigued. Ashley took a close look at the boy: he had blond hair shaped as a bowl cut, a grey suit with black undershirt, blue tie, grey pants and black shoes. Pretty fancy getup for someone walking through the woods.

"Yeah, gonna compete in my first Contest today. I'm excited!" Ashley said with a big smile, matched by her team, but this caused the boy and his Persian to laugh.

"Ah a novice, that explains everything." The boy said with a smirk.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ashley said with a frown. She didn't like this way he made that comment.

Last edited:
"Rio jump and use Bone Rush!" Dan called as Rio jumped above Monferno and summoned two bones and slammed their ends together to create an elongated bone. Rio took this make shift staff and swung it down on Monferno trying to hit it from above.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Monferno came out of it's spin and looked straight up only to see Rio coming down from above. "Monferno Thunder Punch!" Matthew shouted. The monkey pulled back it's fist and prepared the attack. He then launched himself at Rio but was a bit late. He took the hit straight to the head and slammed into the dirt, his attack dissipating.

"Oh crap. Monferno quick flip back and use Flamethrower!" he shouted. The Pokemon quickly rolled backwards once and popped up off the ground doing a back flip. He landed and released a column of flame right at the Lucario.

"Double Team!" Dan called out as Rio began to multiply into dozens of after images with the Flamethrower hitting one of the fakes. Soon Monferno was surrounded by countless Rio copies.

"Aura Sphere!" Dan yelled as Rio and each one of the after images began to charge up the energy attack. Dan hoped that the fakes would buy Rio enough time to charge the attack.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Well only a novice would have such an...ungraceful style." The boy said with a smirk causing Ashley to ball her hands into fists.

"Who are you to say I'm ungraceful? Who are you anyway?" Ashley said sending a glare at the boy, whose smirk remained ever present.

"Charles Theodore Wilson the Third! Coordinator extraordinaire, at your service." Charles said with a bow, Ashley could feel the ego radiating from this guy.

"A Coordinator huh, are you here for the Iki Town Contest?" Ashley asked, making an assumption that's why he was here.

"What and waste my talents in this dirt town? No my dear I'm merely here to scout the competition. See if anyone competing here will provide me an interesting challenge down the road, and I will say your first impression leads me to believe you won't be such an individual." Charles said making Ashley steam up, she couldn't believe this guy!

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Monferno sweep them!" Matthew shouted as Monferno began to turn while shooting the Flamethrower blowing through the fakes one by one hoping to find Rio before the attack was ready.

The fakes were being blown away one by one and Dan knew Rio would be next in no time...then an idea popped in his head.

"Rio jump!" Dan said as the real Rio jumped in the air, just dodging Monferno's Flamethrower, while maintaining the Aura Sphere.

"Fire!" Dan yelled as Rio launched the Aura Sphere from the air. This was a gamble. If it hit, it would deal a big blow to Monferno. If it missed, Rio would be a sitting duck for a counter attack.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Monferno had just missed the real Lucario with his attack as he watched Rio shoot the Aura Sphere in his direction. "Monferno you have to dodge!" Matthew shouted, but it was too late. The monkey took the hit directly and flew back, sliding across the dirt. He struggled to get to his feet and looked over at Rio with blurry vision.

The blurry vision became clearer until all Monferno could see was red. Blaze had been activated just like before with Gible. "Monferno use Mach Punch!" he yelled, hoping to use his Pokemon's increased speed to catch Rio off guard. The monkey shot himself at Lucario with his fist dragging right behind him.

Rio couldn't react in time as Monferno delivered a punch right across his face sending him flying back.

"What speed! Guess this is the power of the Blaze ability." Dan said to himself as Rio got back to his feet, shaking his head to clear some cobwebs, before he looked at the blazing Monferno with determination.

"Can't be helped. Aura Sphere isn't gonna hit him like this. No choice but to take him on up close and personal. Rio Bone Rush!" Dan called as Rio summoned his elongated bone staff and charged Monferno, ready for a close range face-off.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Monferno landed a clean punch on Rio and watched as his opponent prepared another Bone Rush. "Go Monferno, Mach Punch again!" he yelled. This time the monkey energized both fists and charged at Rio throwing a barrage of punches.

Rio and Monferno traded blows, bone to fist, in a furious barrage. Small shock waves being sent out with each clash as both fought with fierce determination. Eventually Monfernao landed another punch across Rio's face at the same time Rio slammed his bone staff into Monferno's ribs. Both were sent flying in opposite directions.

"You okay Rio?" Dan asked as Rio got up to one knee, shaking a little from the blow, before he gathered himself and made it to his feet ready for another round.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Monferno got to it's feet and screeched loudly. "Alright that's the way Monferno use Mach Punch one more time!" he shouted. The Pokemon yelled once more as his tail flame exploded, growing higher. Monferno began to run at Lucario but instead of using Mach Punch, the Pokemon encased himself in fire and began to spin towards Rio. Matthew was shocked, "He's using Flame Wheel?" he asked, surprised. "Monferno! That's not what I asked you to do!" he shouted as the monkey continued his path towards Rio.

Dan saw the Flame Wheel coming and knew what to do.

"Rio jump and use Aura Sphere!" Dan yelled as Rio jumped over the charging ball of fire and powered up his energy attack. Landing behind Monferno Rio fired the Aura Sphere looking to hit Monferno from behind.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Make whatever statements you want, but I'll be the one holding the Alola Grand Festival Trophy when it is all set and done." Ashley said with fire, her Pokemon standing by her in support. Charles and his Persian just laughed.

"Why don't we see if you can win this Ribbon first before you start with your delusions of grandeur. Make sure you put on your best show, wouldn't want a lackluster spark for your debut fire. I wish you luck...you'll need it." Charles said as he and his Persian left the area. Ashley stomped the ground in frustration before crouching down and looking her teammates in the eye.

"Forget what that jerk has to say, you guys will be great and we are getting that Ribbon. Now let's go put on a show!" Ashley said with Lilo & Crystal in full support as they began to make their way to the Contest Hall for final preparations.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Monferno wheeled past Rio and took the Aura Sphere to the back. "Monferno!" Matthew shouted as his partner slid on his face across the dirt before fainting. Matthew walked over to the fire type and knelt down, picking him up. "You did good." he said before returning him. He then stood to his feet.

He approached Dan and smiled, "I'm going to head to the Pokemon center before I leave." he said. The boy extended a hand out to his opponent, "I'll most likely show up to Ashley's contest and then after that who knows." he said. "I'm sure however, I'll be back soon." he said with a smile. The boy headed to the Pokemon center and looked back towards Dan, "Tell everyone I said bye and that we'll meet again." he said as he continued walking.

He wanted to explain everything to Dan but the truth was, he wasn't sure if he could. This was something that was obvious and Matthew just had to see it with his own eyes. Him and Monferno were completely useless against Dan and Rio just like he predicted. It's not like he expected his friend to get it considering how much he's grown. Even if Matthew didn't complete a single Island Trial he'd still want to have a battle with Dan in a huge stadium with an audience. Not even to see who would win but, just for the sheer fact of putting on a good show.

Max shook his head to Emily. "Nah, I'm ok." He said. "I'm just gonna take my pokemon to the pokemon center just to be safe." He turned and headed for the pokemon center. Ninjia followed after her trainer.

"Great job Rio!" Dan said congratulation his partner. Matthew then came over to offer a handshake, which he accepted, and to inform him of his plans to leave after Ashley's Contest; with a promise to come back.

"Don't worry I'll give them the message. I don't know what your plans are, but I wish you luck. Before you go I want you to know this...you are always welcomed back and I look forward to a rematch." Dan said as he watched Matthew walk off. He didn't understand why he planned to do what he was going to do, but he chose to respect his decision. Dan checked his watch, there was still some time to kill before the Contest.

"I think after all this fighting, a good walk would do us wonders." Dan said to Rio, who nodded in agreement before the two left for a quick walk to the woods.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew got his Pokemon healed and began walking out into the forest. He tossed out Monferno's Pokeball and the monkey immediately hopped on his trainer's shoulders. He made a disappointing noise and seemed really discouraged. Matthew smiled and laughed a bit, "Hey don't worry Monferno we just have to get stronger. Everyone is going to get stronger. We won't stop until we can seriously take on Dan." he said. "I do need to get Trapinch evolved into a Flygon soon. I want to go back to Kalos right now. I wasn't sure about it at first with my parents and all but not I'm sure." he said to Monferno.

The monkey nodded at his trainer's choice. "Honestly I need to go back to my roots. I'm so unfocused and trying hard to lose my stupid title but maybe I shouldn't be. Maybe I should be embracing the nickname. I'm gonna go back and show everyone that 'Frostbite' can still pack a punch." he said. He remembered why he chose Monferno. He wanted a fire Pokemon because he felt like he needed to melt the ice flowing through his soul. Maybe what the boy really needed was to add an Ice type to his team. Ice types have always been a part of him but it couldn't be just any Ice type. He wanted either the Snover or Cubchoo that used to swim with him in the ice lakes at Snowbelle city back home. "I want Flygon to take me there though." he said.

Matthew realized that he had stopped moving to think and shook his head. He continued walking deeper into the forest and he heard a noise in the bush. A trainer came through the brush and noticed Matthew. "Oh hi there I've just been walking around Alola and was trying to find the Pokemon center any idea where that is?" he asked. Matthew pointed back the way he came, "Straight through there." he said. The boy simply nodded, "Thank you so much I've been lost for quite some time." he said. He began to walk off but quickly turned around, "Stay here I'll be back in no time. I want to talk to you." he said. He then turned back and quickly ran towards the Pokemon center. "Oh...um okay. I guess I'll just be here then." the boy said, confused. He took a seat on a tree stump and began waiting.

As some of the group went off to do their own thing, Dante stayed put thinking of what he wanted to do. He thought and thought but nothing really interesting popped into his mind. "There has to be something for me to do on this island." He said letting out a sigh.

Bored Jason was walking around the pokecenter. He saw Dante. "Hi" he said "Maybe you want to go to the coffee shop for a lemonade?" Jason asked friendly "Sorry about those things, which I said. I wasn't sure, what I had to think about you. You are really mysterious person. Not like Dan, Ashley or Emily. You are... hmmm...different. In the good meaning of this word"

Once Marcus got to the center he healed his pokemon and tried to find the trainer that helped get him to the pokemon center.
Quickly he threw out his gallade and started walking back to the clearing

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Ashley continued to walk out of the forest, Lilo & Crystal in toe and still thinking about that jerk Charles, when she saw Dan and Rio not too far off from her.

"Oh hi Dan, enjoying a nice walk?" Ashley asked as she and her team walked to Dan & Rio.

Dan and Rio enjoyed their little walk when they soon saw Ashley with Lilo and Crystal following approach them.

"Yeah, after the battles we've had lately a nice, relaxing walk is what we needed." Dan said as Rio nodded in agreement.

"So did practice go well? Not too much longer until show time." Dan asked.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew heard someone coming back through the clearing and stood up. "Over here." he said, waving the trainer over.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Went great! I think we're ready. However this jerk came along and started talking me and my team down." Ashley explained to Dan, going from overjoyed to annoyed in the span of a second. Lilo and Crystal worked so hard and then some guy who didn't even watch them criticized everything they did.

"Sorry, if I ever meet whoever this is I'll be sure to give him or her a piece of my mind. Still though forget what that critic has to say, you'll do great I'm sure of it." Dan said with a smile as Rio nodded showing its support.

"And mysterious is how i want to keep it." He said back to Jason. "Lemonade? At a coffee shop? Why not, but im going to get hot chocolate, not lemonade." He laughed.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Don't waste your time with him. That guy is my problem and I'll deal with it. Thanks for the support anyway. I have to get going. The Contest will be starting up not too long from now and me and the team have to do some final prepping to get ready. I'll see you at the show." Ashley said before running off, Lilo and Crystal right behind her, as she made her way to the Contest Hall for some pre-show preparations.

"See you then, and be sure to knock them out of the park!" Dan said before he saw Ashley and company walk off. He wanted to tell her about Matthew, but decided it'd be better to not be a downer right before the show. Same reason he'd avoid telling anyone till after the Contest. Dan then made a gesture to Rio and the two continued their walk.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Oh there you are." Matthew said, getting to his feet. He really didn't know what he was still doing there but, the trainer seemed powerful. Matthew felt like this boy has had a ton of battle experience and can train him possibly. "So what am I here for again?" he asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.