• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open All regions pokemon rp

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Battle Dome?" asked Lincoln, grinning. "That's a perfect place for me to train up at! Last time I went there, though, I lost in the Hyper Division, and that's why I tried to get stronger...." He shook his head. "Enough about me! First, however, let me catch another Pokemon!" he said as he pointed to the lake to his left. There, he found, sipping water from it....... a Chikorita?!? He ran to it and threw a PokeBall to attempt to catch it, and luckily, since it was an Ultra Ball.... it went right in!

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Always." Ashley said with a grin.

"Curious how we'll be broken up. Each battle is a four-way right?" Ashley asked Hau, wondering about the mechanics of the might.

"Then let's Vamoose!" Ryan said, as she flung an arm around, motioning for them to follow. "Actually..." Ryan said as she stopped. "I don't know the way." she said, giving a sheepish grin, as she rubbed the back of her head.

"Don't worry, I know the way. Follow me!" Hau said as he led the group into the city. Soon enough they arrived at the entrance of the Battle Royal Dome Facility.

"Here we are, just go inside and register and you'll be randomly assigned to a group." Hau explained as Dan gave a nod before he went in to register. Sun, Hau and Moon did the same. Lillie decided not to, for obvious reasons.

As Lincoln signed his name on the list, he pulled Ryan over. "Ryan," he said, "I know I haven't said this enough, but thank you for finding my Eevee for me! I really..." Then, he stopped himself, turned away and hid his blush.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Ashley followed suite and went inside to register. This place would be a great chance to get some good training in. Ashley then walked up to Dan.

"So, who do you think you'll be paired with? Who do you want to be paired with?" Ashley asked.

"It's nothing..." Ryan said, as she looked at Lincoln. She pulled her arm out of his grasp, and signed up for the next match.
(I'm going to have someone else decide what team I'm on)

(I got this)

Soon enough a lady came out and talked to us as a group.

"Alright, match A will consist of Ashley, Moon, Ryan & The Masked Royal. Match B will consist of Dan, Hau, Lincoln & Sun." The lady explained before walking off.

Ryan got excited when she found out she was battling the Masked Royal. "I get to battle the Masked Royal?!" Ryan said, Joy in her eyes, as she jumped up and down.

"The Masked Royal?" Dan asked, having had no idea who that was. As if to answer his question the Masked Figure arrived outside the facility and greeted the group.

"Alola! I look forward to the competition, remember to give it your all!" The Masked Royal said...and the Masked Royal looked like Professor Kukui without a shirt, some tights and a wrestling mask.

"Wow the Masked Royal! I'm such a big fan." Hau said with a grin, oblivious to who the Masked Royal was.

"Professor?" Dan asked as The Masked Royal turned to him with his eyes slightly wide.

"No my young man, you have me confused with someone else. I am the Masked Royal!" The Masked Royal insisted. Dan wasn't convinced.

Sure you are, and I'm King of Kalos.

Ryan laughed at Professor Kukui's expression, and looked at him. "So what are we waiting for?" Ryan asked. "Let's get this show on the road!" she shouted, with a broad grin on her face.

"Follow me my fellow competitors!" Masked Royal said as he led the group inside. Eventually he brought them to four color coordinated doors: a red door, blue door, green door and yellow door.

"These will take you to the battle arena. The entrance for the general audience is right next to these doors. Moon, Ryan & Ashley just pick a door and I'll see you shortly. I wish you luck!" Masked Royal said as he entered the red door.

"Wish me luck guys!" Moon said as she ran into the blue door. Hau, Sun and Lillie went to find seats. Dan turned to Ashley and Ryan.

"Good luck, we'll be cheering you guys on." Dan said as he followed Hau, Sun and Lillie.

Ryan stepped into the green door, as she walked down the dark corridor. She was greeted by a bright light, on a stage, with hundreds watching. She waited for everyone to step into their places. The spotlight made her feel a warm feeling inside, as if she could live on the stage.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Ashley entered the yellow door and, like the three before her, was greeted by a bright light as the stage revealed itself and a large audience was seen watching from the stands. Ashley saw Professor...the Mask Royal, Moon and Ryan on the other corners of the stage as they waited for the Battle Royal to begin.

"Welcome one and all to the Alola Speical: The Battle Royal Dome! Our first match of the evening consists of: Moon of the Blue Corner, Ashley of the Yellow Corner, Ryan of the Green corner and the Masked Royal of the Red corner!"

As the announcer introduces the competitors, large cheering can be heard form the capacity crowd. Among them were Dan, Hau, Sun & Lillie who watched ready to cheer their friends on.

"Now then we will use a digitized randomizer to decide who will reveal their Pokemon first!" The announcer explained as each of the corners began to glow, soon enough it landed on the green corner.

"Ryan of the green corner will be the first to reveal her Pokemon!" The announcer explained.

Ryan jumped for a second at her name, and pulled out a Great ball. "Let's do it, Yungoos!" Ryan shouted, as she threw the pokeball in the air. Out popped the little furry Pokemon, looking cute, in Ryan's opinion.

Masked Royal was selected next as he sent out his Rockruff, who gave a bark to Ryan's Yungoos showing it was ready for battle. Moon was then selected, and she pulled out her Fomantis, who took the time to show off its appendages. It was an effort to intimidate, but really it only served to make the Fomantis look adorable. Then Ashley was selected as the last to reveal her Pokemon as the crowd waited to see what her selection would be.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Ashley knew who to select when it was her turn. Lilo already had numerous battles, Crystal needed some time to shine.

"Go Crystal!" Ashley calls out she released her Alola Vulpix, who faced the opposing Pokemon with fierce determination. Ashley waited for the battle to begin before she would make her move.

Name: Karrid
Appearance: The cape has an inbuilt hood that shadow’s his head making his face very hard to see. A brilliant light blue eye peeps out from the darkness of his face. Both his hands and feet are concealed by jet black gloves and boots. Both have seen much wear but are taken care of quite well. At his waist is a black utility belt. On the leftside of the belt are an assortment of Dusk balls, small pockets and a holster with nothing inside. On the right, there’s nothing other than a mysterious hilt. A passed down treasure and weapon from long ago.
Personality: Has a cold heart, has a burning hate for other people but has a soft spot for Pokemon. Especially Ghost or Dark types. He shows no emotion in his conquests and will do anything to achieve them. Unlike a normal Pokemon trainer, he fights along with his Pokemon. He does not know mercy, compassion, love, or happiness though he did know them a long time ago. He does not respond positively to physical touch and reacts violently. If anyone were to say something that would remind him of his past, he would react with verbal anger. He is determined, loyal, and clever, but his is also sneaky, unhonest, and quick to anger.
Goal: To avenge himself, his family, and his Pokemon of the wrongdoings that were done to them.
Pokemon: He has many in his camp but his personal Pokemon is a male Gengar (not shiny) named “Reaper”
Back story: Long ago when he was only a young kid, he was taken from his family by a group of scientists that wanted to take human DNA and combine it with Mewtwo’s. Their goal was to create the ultimate soldier; a soldier with the powers of a Pokemon and the adaptability and brain power of a human. They still had to gain Mewtwo so while Grunts were out doing the grunt work, the scientists began to observe Karrid’s DNA. The tampering resulted in minor mutations. The scientists were satisfied with the “specimen” they had captured and put him in a holding cell. A sympathetic Grunt who did not support his team's meddling with human DNA broke Karrid free and gave him directions to every exit he could remember. As Karrid made his way through a corridor, he happened to peak inside a laboratory. Inside was a Haunter floating inside what looked like a giant test tube with a strange greenish liquid. Karrid walked in and released the Haunter which was unconscious. Karrid finally found his way outside and started the trek back home, only to find his family missing and his house burnt to shards. Karrid felt incredible wrath as he continued to look upon what used to be his home. Not knowing what to do, he salvaged what he could from the ruins and fled into the forest and built a campsite. There the Haunter evolved into Gengar and regained consciousness.

Karrid looked upon the Battle Royal from above and watched as each contestant brought out their Pokemon. A Yungoose, a Rockruff, a rather cute looking Fomantis, and an Alolan Vulpix. He waited for the first contestant to make their move. He nodded at his Gengar who sat on another rafter not far from the one he crouched upon. He thought to himself as he pondered his first move, "It's time to show the world the mistakes of science." An inner wrath quickly began boil inside of himself, a wrath that had settled a long time ago.

Ken sat in the stands watching the Battle Royal. "This is great! Too bad I didn't register, though." Ken said. He then yelled out, "You got this, Ryan! It's only a Vulpix!" Ken sat back down and kept watching.

Ryan didn't wait for who went first. "Yungoos, use pursuit!" Ryan shouted, as he went in the pursuit on Moons Fomantis. Ryan heard Kens shout, and looked back at him, a cute grin on her face, as she turned back to the back.

"Fromantis Razor Leaf!" Moon called out as her Fromantis shoot out dozens of leaves at the charging Yungoos, looking to stop it before it could get close. Masked Royal decided to go after Ashley.

"Rock Blast!" Masked Royal called out as Rockruff shot dozens of small rocks at the Alola Vulpix.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Icy Wind!" Ashley called out as Crystal generated a strong, chilly wind current that blew the rocks just enough to cause them to miss their target.

"Feint Attack!" Ashley called out as the Alolan Vulpix charged the Rockruff looking to deliver a blow to the face with its paw.

The battle suddenly began. The Yungoose started off with a Pursuit aimed towards the Fomantis who warded it off with a Razor Leaf. Then the Rockruff used Rock Blast at the Vulpix who warded that attack off with Ice Wind then followed up with a Feint Attack. Karrid knew that it would be easy to take down the low leveled Pokemon, though the majority had super effective moves. He was worried however if the audience itself had Pokemon and when he engaged the competitors if they would come to the aide of them. "We shall see how it turns out, I always have others" he thought to himself as he patted his extra Dusk balls reassuringly. With that encouraging thought still inside his mind, he nodded to his Gengar and they both jumped down from the rafters above, back to back. Right into the middle of the battle field, cloaked in the smoke of the failed Rock Blast.

The smoke cleared and Karrid stared out to the obvious look of surprise on the audience and the competitors. He welcomed the sound of nervous murmuring and whispers. "People of the Alola region!" he shouted in a deep guttural voice with a very slight electronic echo to it, "I doubt any of you have seen me before, or even heard of me. That is completely fine if you haven't. Since you haven't probably state why I'm here, I'm looking for the nearest technology based area. A laboratory or a computer room. Somewhere where you keep your most advance technology." Karrid turned around in a circle on the spot watching the crowd. "If I don't get an answer soon, then these unfortunate people here will suffer an equally unfortunate end." While saying that, he unclipped a mysterious hilt from the right side of his belt and waited for an answer.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Name:Jay
Appearance:Blond Hair, Blue Eyes, T-Shirt, Blue Jacket(with Team Plasma symbol on it), White Shorts, Red Shoes
Personality:Cool,Slightly Curious,Edgy(in some situations),Has a determined look on face
Goal:To become a Pokemon Champion, To befriend many Pokemon, Stop evil organizations
Pokemon:Tyranitar-Male:Rock Slide, Fire Fang, Dragon Dance, Thunderbolt
Zoroark-Female:Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, Night Daze, Sludge Bomb
Weavile-Female:Shadow Claw, Blizzard, Protect, Night Slash
Totodile-Male:Hydro Pump, Ice Fang, Dragon Claw, Rock Slide
Sceptile-Male:Leaf Blade, Swords Dance, Dragon Pulse, Aerial Ace
Back story:Son of Lance,Former Team Plasma Captain, Former Elite 4 Member, Went to Alola Region to visit.

"GREETINGS AKALA ISLAND!!"Jay shouted as he landed in Heahea City. Totodile eagerly followed Jay as he went from block to block. He Traveled fast enough to pass Lana's Trial and gained Waterium Z. Then went to the Battle Royale Dome. There he saw the 4-way battle taking place.

Name: Albert Sylun
Appearance: Tall, black hair with red eyes, Black t-shirt with knuckle badge logo on it. Jeans and red shoes
Personality: Introverted
Goal: To become the Dewford Town gym leader after Brawly.
Pokemon: Mienfoo, Abra, Chimchar
Back story: Was orphaned at age two and raised up by a family in Dewford Town. Also trained with Brawly and became one of the best fighters in Hoenn.

Last edited:
Albert looked into the Battle Royale arena, where he saw the man with the Gengar and the mysterious weapon. He didn't know what it was but knew how much damage it could cause. Al knew exactly what the man was looking for but he couldn't tell him that. He wasn't sure what to do, so he made the most rash decision in his life. "Mienfoo use Fake Out!" Al said as he walked into the arena.

As Karrid continued to wait for a reply, he received a reply that was more or less unexpected. "Mienfoo use Fake Out!" a male voice cried out from the audience. The Gengar instinctively used Shadow Sneak to avoid the attack and Karrid did a barrel roll over the oncoming Mienfoo. He decided not use his weapon quite yet and clipped it back onto his belt once he landed safely. Instead he flicked his arms outwards and purple beams of light extended from his elbows to his fingertips representing the scythes of a Scyther. "Who dares to defy me!" he shouted without diverting his attention from the Mienfoo.

"I do. I don't appreciate you threatening people. Fearow! Use Brave Bird!" Fearow emerged from his Great Ball and charged towards the Gengar. "Don't make me call the cops." Ken said as he jumped down to the arena. "Why do you want the tech, huh? I don't know where it is, but I can stop you."

Last edited:
Karrid knew he would have to split his attention between the two which would be moderately difficult, but not impossible. "Reaper use Shadow Ball and power it up!" The Gengar in answer powered up a Shadow Ball and blasted it at the oncoming Fearow. "Good luck stopping me fools, I have more Pokemon and weapons at my fingertips. Crusader, Amethyst, come out and aid me!" Karrid throws two Dusk balls and a Bisharp and a Sableye come out. "Now tell me where you keep your most developed advanced technology or I will be forced to do something drastic." His left hand reaches into a utility pocket on his belt and withdraws some plastic explosives armed to detonate.

Albert looked at the other man in the arena. Even with his help he knew that the explosives would kill them all. The only way was to get him out of the arena. "Go Abra!" as Albert sent out his untrained pokemon. "Abra, grab the attacker and use teleport to get the explosives out of here! Meinfoo cover him with protect to make sure Abra makes it over!'

Ken looked back at Albert and knew what he was doing. "C'mon out, Greninja! Lay down some cover fire with Water Shuriken! We need to work together!" Ken said. His Greninja went to a position where it could fire Water Shuriken for cover. "Focus, Greninja. Try to sense Gengar." Ken said. He looked back at Fearow and said, "Fearow, back up Greninja!" Fearow got behind Greninja, focusing ahead.

Jason saw what was happening at battle royal stadium, so he decided to help two another people, who were reppeling the hostage. "Charjabug, Sandygast, Rowlet come out!" he yelled. When his pokemon appeared he ordered: "Charjabug, X-scissor, Rowlet use Leafage and Sandygast, shadow ball!"

Karrid looked upon the Trainers that dared to defy him. Though they could not see it, Karrid was smiling. "Reaper to me!" The Gengar continued the Phantom Force so that he was facing Karrid and his back to the Trainers. Karrid immediately threw the plastic explosives, one after another, at the opposing Trainers, easily dodging the attacks from behind the protection of his mutated Gengar. Karrid suddenly sensed something as something speedily used Teleport towards him. Using the purple scythes at his arms, he causally sliced at the opposing attacker as if he was batting at a fly.

Karrid thought he defeated the small foe that tried to attack him but did not account for Meinfoo's protect. As Karrid turned around he was grabbed from behind by an Abra. He had just a second to turn around before him was teleported to the outskirts of the Hano Grand Resort beach, finding himself stuck on a rock far from the shoreline. As Karrid tried to swipe at the Abra, it teleported back to the arena. "Way to go, Abr-" Albert said just as the bomb hit him. The confused attacking pokemon ran when they saw their trainer disaperred.

Finding himself on the Hano Grand Resort, Karrid felt a mixture of humour and anger at the same time. What was just about start would bring much surprise to the simpletons. Karrid suddenly "melted" into a cloud of smoke and moved speedily over the water top making a straight line exactly to the Battle Royal Dome. A gust of wind picked up but that did not deter him as he quickly drifted over the ocean. "The fools think they could rid me of themselves that easily?" He silently chuckled to himself as he traveled. He knew his Pokemon would hold down the fort until he arrived.

Back at the arena, the Gengar watched as Karrid suddenly disappeared but saw the Trainer responsible hit by one of the explosives Karrid threw. "Looks like I'm going to have to take control, again!" the Gengar thought to himself. Gengar used a Shadow Ball in vengeance against the Mienfoo while the Bisharp and the Sableye counterattacked any threats to the Gengar.

Ken took the explosive, jumped on his Fearow and flew up, chucking the explosive in the sea and flying back down. He jumped off. "What's the big idea, huh?" Ken yelled, angrily. Ken's Greninja fired Water Shuriken at all 3 pokemon, stunning them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.