• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A New Beginning! - The Mythical Arcadia Region!

Lyko stumbles back a bit, but keeps his smirk. Lykos Intimidate ability lowers the Dratinis attack. "Lyko, use Thunder Fang!" Totakeke yelled. Lyko charged at the Dratini, clamping its sparking jaws over the Dratinis side. (This has a 10% chance of paralyzing or making the Dratini flinch. Flip a coin twice.)

"Huh..? Lyko, follow me!" Totakeke said, running after Kyra. Lyko followed a few paces back, his electricity helping him speed up. "What's wrong Kyra?" He asked, still catching up.

She ran swinging open a door to a log cabin where the smoke had came from. In the first room was an old scientist sitting at the kitchen table with a gadget that seemed to have exploded. "Honey, its nothing just a little fire is all." The old man said continuing to work on his gadget. A Meowstic sat in the back covered in ash with an irritated look on her face. The Meowstic wore a small pink apron and had been preparing pancakes.

"... Are you alright?" Totakeke asked, leaning against a tree. Lyko stood next to him, his yellow eyes exploring the area that seemed so new to him. Totakeke's hair ruffled.

"Yea... he's all about tech and stuff like that" Kyra said scratching her head. A small Meowstic walks outside and stands by Kyra's side. "This is Scarlet. She is my partner, but she prefers to stay here and help my grandfather with his work."

"I see." He glanced at the Meowstic. "Nice to meet ya." He looked back at Kyra. "So, did you want to continue battling?" Lyko gave a louder purr, craving to continue the battle.

"Ya sur-" Kyra was interrupted by her older sister who was training to be a gym leader "I told you to watch Grandpa!" The sister yells. "I was... sorta... get off my back Cicle!" Kyra yelled at her sister with Blue short hair, white and blue dress with a Politoad at her side.

Lyko seemed to have glared at the Politoad before smirking again. Totakeke just stood there awkwardly among the argument between the two sisters. He flipped his hood on after scratching his head.

"Oh Kyra... let's settle this one on one!" Her sister Cicle suggested. "Lets!" Kyra yelled sending Meowstic to battle. The Politoed took the field and they prepared for battle.

Totakeke and Lyko stood off to the side as he healed his injured Pokemon. "Ok Lyko, you may return now." He said before Lyko was sucked back into the Pokeball. His now fully healed Sulfur lied by Totakeke's side, asleep. Totakeke sat against the same tree, watching the battle closely.

"Tch..." Totakeke always hated it when people thought that he was just a "kid". Once he actually stood up he seemed to tower over everyone else by a foot. Sulfur stood up too, being that he was specially breeded to be both bigger and stronger than other of his kind.

Phoenix felt like she'd been walking for hours. "How far is it?" She huffed, limping and still leaning on Rachel. Hopefully they wouldn't encounter any Pokemon, as she and her Pokemon were in no shape to battle.

Totakeke and Sulfur seemed to have been connected as one seeing how the two were so similar. Totakeke with his messy hair, and Sulfur with his flaming mane that spread out to opposite directions.

"Alright I'll take it easy for a bit but don't expect me to be just laying here." Seth said to the two other healers. "I need to train and I heard a battle going on somewhere in the distance. So guess I'll be off." Seth got up and got on Cynder's back. "Let's go buddy. We're heading to where the sounds were." After quickly getting out and his pokemon behind him besides Bolin, he ran into a boy with a Quilava and two other girls. "Hey were you two battling?"

Totakeke looked behind him. "... I was, but now this girl had to battle her sister or somethin'." He answered. Sulfur turned around too, it's eyes shone with excitement. Totakeke held his hand out. "I'm Totakeke, and you?"

Kyra opened her eyes to see she was in the cabin. She slowly sits up to see Meowstic curled up next to her. "When did I fall asleep?" She asked Quilava who sat waiting for her to feed him.

Totakeke didn't wish to bother the Ace trainer and fell asleep against a tree, Sulfur helping them keep warm over the night. Totakeke woke up about a couple hours later only to see it got dark out. "... Huh, night already?" Totakeke got up, and Sulfur too. He went to knock on the door.

Kyra heard a knock and it frightened her and she fell out of bed. She slowly got up and walks to the door. She opens the door to the cabin to see the trainer she met yesterday. "Oh hey?"

Totakeke ran a hand through his hair, his blue eyes a tad tired. "So, did you wanna finish that battle now or later?" He leaned against the doorway and Sulfur leaned against his leg.

Totakeke thought for a moment. "Well, Sakura certainly can charm people with her wonderful grass-type moves, and her Cherry blossoms... But Sulfur can take the breath out of others with his bright fire moves..." Keoni looked back up, a grin on his face. "Sure! I'm sure Sakura and Sulfur can draw a crowd.

"Alright then let's head into town and get signed up" Kyra runs inside and changes into a tan and blue dress and grabs an entire different Pokémon team. "This is my contest team! We have Gengar,Venonat,Umbreon, Meowstic, Mr Mime, and Phanphy"

Totakeke seemed a bit, suspicious. "... Question. Why do you have such strong Pokemon and live in route 1? I'm just barely starting, but my Starly evolved into a Staravia a hour back..." Totakeke took off his hood, his brown hair messy from being in it so long.

"I see." Keoni looked behind him, and pointed his finger in that direction. "I live right over there with my bros. I used to live with my mom and sis back in Johto." Sulfur seemed to have purred when Totakeke said "Johto". "I'm gonna train a bit more though, but I can probably visit you at the Showcase."

"Ok, see ya." Totakeke gave a small wave and headed back into the forest. "Let's go, Sulfur!" Totakeke yelled proudly. Sulfur let out his battle cry and charged at the unsuspecting wild Pokemon, burning them down with a flame charge. Totakeke and Sulfur continued this until Sulfur was knocking out every single Pokemon with a single hit. "Ok, Sulfur. That's enough training for you." Sulfur purred and returned to his Pokeball.

Kyra busts through the doors to the contest hall and signs in just in time. "That was a close one now who will I use? I got it! It's a double performance so... Phanphy and Mr Mime can take the performance round! Scarlet and Umbreon will battle!" Kyra heads backstage and waits for her turn. She sits right next to another girl (this is my second character) her name was Vivian. She had just began her journey

Totakeke was training both his Lyko and Staravia at the same time, both earning equal experience from each battle, until a strange Pokemon appeared. "Huh, Lyko, Staravia, stay." Totakeke said, getting a closer look at the Pokemon. It was a Ralts, a blue one too. "A blue one..?" Totakeke thought. "Lyko, use Thunder wave to paralyze it!" The Luxio obeyed, and sent sparks of electricity to the Ralts, paralyzing it.

It was Vivian's turn to go up. This was her first contest and she said she only had 2 Pokémon. She walked out on stage wearin a purple cape covering her. The crowd looked confused until she revealed herself. She wore her hair up and dyed her hair a light blue. She wore a Woobat themed dress with wings and all. She threw her capsules pokeball and it shot pink hearts that surrounded her Woobat. "Woobat the spotlight is yours!" Vivian yelled out to her small Woobat. The Woobat started the performance with a gust attack forming a twister that she kept in the middle of the stage. She then used heart stamp that turned the gust into a tornado of hearts that shimmered in the light. Vivian jumped into the tornado of hearts and it exploded causing hearts to fall from the sky . Vivian and Woobat were found levitating in the air using Woobat's Psychic abilities.

Totakeke quickly threw a quick ball at the Ralts. It shook. It shook again. It clicked shut. "Cool! A blue Ralts!" Totakeke said. He returned the shiny Staravia he now called "Hawken" and Lyko to their former Pokeballs.

It then began to rain and the rest of the contest was postponed. Kyra was sad about it but became good friends with Vivian. Vivian washed her hair and got out all the dye. She then had to change back into her normal clothes (I have their Trainer cards if you are curious what Vivian is suppose to look like) "Maybe I should find that Trainer and finish battling him?"

(It's alright, I was planning on making Totakeke's trainer card of all of his Pokemon when they're fully evolved.) "Ok, come on out Ralts!" He tossed the quick ball into the air, releasing the blue Pokemon. It shone with sparkles when it came out, which Totakeke didn't mind. "... So.. What should I call you...?" He and the Ralts stared at each other, both wondering the same thing. "... I got it! I'll call you Miko!" The Ralts seemed to like the nickname and smiled. "Well Miko, wanna train?" Totakeke asked. The Ralts nodded. "Ok, lets go!" And then Totakeke and Miko trained in the forest that was apparently "route 1".

Vivian decided to separate from Kyra and skipped with her parter Waddles,the Mudkip. She then saw a trainer with a shiny ralts and she was in aw at how beautiful it was . Waddles jumped onto her shoulders and wanted to capture it, but it had already belonged to the trainer.