• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A New Beginning! - The Mythical Arcadia Region!

Maya stopped her walking when she heard Phoenix fall. Striding back to her friend she crouched down to look at her leg, "What happened? Did you run on this thing"?

"I thought you said you could walk," Maya sighed and grabbed Phoenix's arm to put around her neck so she could help her friend to where Keiko and Seth were, "that doesn't look to go we should probably get you to Keiko so she can diagnose it".

Rachel recalled the tuckered out Torque, then recalled Chi Chi as well. She started to follow the Pidgeot, but then turned around to help Phoenix. "Why is it that our group has a knack for getting injured?" Rachel wondered out loud. She took Phoenix's other arm and put it around her neck. Paige gave Phoenix a concerned look.

"Do what I didn't do anything? Hello by the way Claire my name is Seth and my pokemon should be around here." He hugged Keiko back. "So where are the others did they get lost?"

Phoenix looked sourly at her leg. "I thought I could run on it too. And I did. I don't know where or why this happened." She hissed, wishing she had her first aid kit. Unfortunately, it had been confiscated at the base. Phoenix thanked Rachel. "Thanks."

"We should start toward where pidgeot went. It's gonna be our best bet," Maya's eyes flickered down to look at her friend's leg. Not entirely sure if it was broken or just cut, she was hoping for the later guess. Using her free hand she brushed a few stray locks from out of her face, smiling brightly at her companions as she tried to cheer them up, "hey, atleast we arnt still in that compound".

Totakeke has recently moved to the Arcadia region with his four brothers, his one sister stayed with his parents back in the Johto region. His brothers weren't all too interested in bringing a partner Pokemon with them other than himself, so that's why he brought along a Quilava he had named Sulfur. He and Sulfur had fought other Pokemon every once in a while, and then Sulfur eventually evolved into the strong Quilava he is today.

Totakeke ran his hand through the thick, messy brown hair. Sulfur stood next to him, with a similar "hair" style. "I suppose we should leave now.." Totakeke checked his satchel once more to reassure himself that everything he needed was there. He turned to his four brothers and waved his hand. "Wish me luck!" He gave his brothers a toothy grin.
"See ya K.K." The older brother said.
"Good luck!" The younger one said.
"Bring back a souvenir!" The Two twins said in unision.
Totakeke had now left his new home and continued to walk to the first route in the forest. Sulfur trotted next to him, a seemingly gleeful vibe coming from him. Totakeke looked at his belt seeing the five empty Pokeballs hanging from the hooks. "... Might as well catch another Pokemon, don't you agree Sulfur?" He looked at the Quilava, seeing it nod in agreement.

"Alright but it wasn't my fault I woke up so abruptly. So what happened at the compound? I don't remember to much after I was hit in the head." Seth was rubbing his head lightly. He stood up for a second and he instantly felt nauseous so he sat back down. "Well it won't be a while until I can stand up again."

"You hurt your head pretty badly" Said Claire, leaning on a counter. "And as for you, Keiko, You need to take it more easy or you will get sick."

Keiko rolled her eyes, "I'll be fine" she groaned. "Oh, Seth. Cynder sent your Pidgeot out to find the others"

Totakeke searched around the small forest, only to find not that big variety of Pokemon as others had said. "Nothing much... Sulfur, you find anything?" He looked at his Quilava who was looking at a bush that had suddenly moved. Sulfur looked back up and nodded, pointing one of his paws in that direction. "Sweet! I wonder what it is..?" Totakeke rushed over to the bush with his Quilava behind him, to see a Starly. "This one seems a bit... different from the rest, dont'cha think Sulfur?" He looked back at Sulfur who nodded. He looked back at the Starly which had a plumage of light brown feathers instead of the usual black feathers.

"Oh ok. Where are my pokemon anyways? Hopefully they come back soon." Seth had forgot about his injured shoulder so he stretched but winded in pain. "Oh right my shoulder."

Totakeke threw a Great ball at the irregular Starly and caught it. "... That was easy..." He flinched when he heard a voice around. "Who's there?" He looked around, confused.

"Yeah, my friend Sulfur here found it." His Quilava stood in front of Totakeke. "... But I accept your battle offer. Let's battle!" Sulfur stood on his hind legs, fire blazing.

"Hehe... well then let me introduce Corsilla!" Kyra tossed her Luxury ball high into the air as Corsilla is ejected out of it landing on her feet. "Your move sir!" Kyra yells with fire burning in her eyes.

"Ok, Sulfur, use headbutt!" Totakeke commanded. Sulfur turned and nodded, he charged directly into the Corsola. (Headbutt has a 30% chance of causing the target to flinch, so flip a coin or something. I dunno. :y)

(Mk.) Sulfur was hit with a blast of water, which caused him to move back a few steps. Once the attack had ended, Sulfur looked back up and shook his fur. (My coin landed on tails.) "Use Rocksmash!" Sulfur remembered Rocksmash, he had been taught it only about a day or two ago. He jumped over to the Corsola and struck it with the power that of a jackhammer. Sulfur jumped back, preparing for the next attack.

Corsola stumbled back. "My beautiful Corsola is a strong one! Keep it up my love!" Kyra yells with confidence. "Corsola! Show them your surf attack!" Corsola rides a wave right into the Quilava

Sulfur stumbled back, coughing up small bits of water. "Stay strong Sulfur!" Totakeke and Sulfur seemed to have become one, Sulfur's fire burst from his fur brighter then ever. It's Blaze ability taking place. "Quickly, use one more Rocksmash! That'll do it!" Totakeke yelled, and Sulfur seemed to have let out a battle cry of some sort. It charged toward the Corsola and slammed it's fist into it head-on landing a handy critical hit. (Note that Corsola is a Water/Rock type so Rocksmash should do a lot more damage. Just so you know. ;Y)

"Hehe!" The smoke began to clear as a glow appeared around Corsola. "Recover Corsola!" Corsola jumped into the air and has completely replenished her power.

Admin edit: Good grief. Mind your tenses!

Last edited by a moderator:
Totakeke dug through his bag, eventually finding a Super potion. "Heal, Sulfur!" He sprayed Sulfur with the Super Potion. "Now, use Smokescreen!" Sulfur nodded and coated the arena in smoke, making it harder for the Corsola to see him.

"Hmm trying to make this difficult aye? I'm an Ace Trainer! Daughter of Elesa the Nimbasa city gym! I won't lose to you!" Kyra yelled with fire in her eyes. "Corsola spin on your horn and use bubble beam." Corsola spun in every direction soon laying a hit on sulfur.

"And I am the son of Elite four Bruno! I am Totakeke Siba!" Sulfur stood on it's hind legs and gave it's chilling battle cry once more. "Use headbutt to faze it!" Sulfur charged at the Corsola, landing head-on. (Flip a coin~)

(My lucky day) "Corsola have some of this!" Kyra gels as she passes Corsola an attack X. Corsola gives a battle cry. "Use surf Corsola!" Corsola rides a wave with increased power. Knocking Sulfur down.

Sulfur stood up weakly before the Blaze ability kicked in. "Heal once more Sulfur!" He sprayed the Quilava with another super potion before rummaging through his bag once again, only to find a premier ball with a ribbon tied around it. "That's enough for now Sulfur, rest behind me!" Sulfur nodded and went behind Totakeke to rest. "Go, Sakura!" Totakeke tossed the premier ball into the air, releasing a Grovyle. It stood and looked at Totakeke, awaiting his command. "Use leer!" Sakura nodded, and proceed to give the Corsola a glare that lowered it's defense. (Sakura was a Grovyle given to Totakeke as a gift from his mother before he moved to the Arcadia region.)

"You wanna switch Pokémon aye? The I will too!" Kyra yelled. She quickly pulls out another Luxury ball. "Misdreveous! Show them what you can do!" She is released from the luxury ball and is prepared for a battle. "Wil o wisp!" Kyra orders. Misdreveous Send multiple fire balls at Grovyle.

"Ach, you got burned!" Sakura looked back at Totakeke, a trusting look in her eye. The Grovyle had a Flashback.

Totakeke was just 5 when he found an injured Treeko in his backyard. Several Hoothoot surrounded it, picking at it. Totakeke scared them off, not wanting them to hurt the Treeko any longer. After all the Hoothoot had left he had taken the Treeko inside to show his mother what he has found. He and his mother took care of the Treeko until it had fully recovered in the spring. On that very day, on the end of Sakura's tail bloomed a Cherry Blossom. It stood out from her green scales, but she liked it. She wanted to stay with them and so they let her stay. She and Totakeke had often go out into the forest known as "the backyard" and challenge other wild Pokemon. After a few years of battling and friendship she evolved into a Grovyle she is now. She and Totakeke have reached the maximum potential of friendship.

"... Uh, use Pursuit!" Totakeke yelled. Now was Sakura's chance. A dark force surrounded her hands and she swiped at the Ghost Pokemon. (Note that Dark type moves are super effective against both Psychic types and Ghost types.)

Misdreveous is blown back and looks back at Kyra looking for a response. "Don't worry my dear. I won't let you suffer." Kyra said as she put Misdreveous back into her pokeball letting Cyndaquil climb off her shoulder and in front of the Grovyle. "Flamethrower!" Kyra ordered Cyndaquil sent a stream of fire launching at Grovyle heavily damaging him.

(Sakura is a she.) Sakura blew off her burn. (If you have a Pokemon with maximum friendship it can heal itself sometimes.) "Good Sakura, return!" Sakura obediently returned to the Premier ball. "Finish em' off, Sulfur!" Sulfur jumped in front of him. "Use Rollout!" Sulfur obeyed, using the powerful rock type attack on the opposing Cyndaquil. It landed approximately 4 times. (Rock is Super effective against Fire.)

Cyndaquil struggles to get up. "I believe in you my buddy! Don't forget how I told you I would never give up on you!" Kyra yells. Cyndaquil collapses, but begins to glow. He begins to change form and a Quilava stands strong in the Cyndaquil's place. "Quilava..." Just then Quilava attacks with rollout on his own striking Sulfur 4 times. (Sulfur had serious damage from Corsola too)

Sulfur grit his teeth before landing a powerful swift onto the new Quilava, using his Blaze ability to increase the attack damage making both him and the other Quilava faint. "Sulfur! Great job! Return!" Totakeke returned Sulfur to his Pokeball. "Who are you sending out now?" He asked, a friendly grin on his face.

His ice blue eyes sent her a half-lidded look, but he smiled. "Well then..." He took off what looked to be a lifeless Pokeball. "... I choose you, Lyko!" He tossed the Pokeball into the air, releasing a Luxio. It purred when it knew it was going to fight.

"Hmm a Luxio..." Kyra scanned her belt of six luxury balls. She stops on one of them picking it up and releasing it into battle. "Dratini!" The Dratini lands on the battlefield ready to fight. "Dragon rage!" Kyra orders as Luxio is struck with a powerful attack.