• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A New Beginning! - The Mythical Arcadia Region!

Totakeke and the Ralts were busy training, or basically battling a lot of Pokemon around the area. The Ralts was incredibly powerful when using its Psychic and Fairy-type moves.

"Oh, hey. A Riolu." Totakeke remarked. Ralts powered up a Moonblast. "Wait Miko, this one is looking at something else." Totakeke turned around and saw the girl sprinting at them. "... Oh."

"That's mine!! Waddles water gun!" Vivian yelled with fire in her eyes. The Riolu is blown back, but runs back using counter. Mudkip dodges the attack and uses tackles to weaken Riolu. "Pokeball!!!!" Vivian catches the Riolu and retrieved the pokeball from the ground. She turns to look at the trainer. "Sorry about that..." she said scratching her head

"I'm im Vivian" She shook his hand and Waddles greeted Sulfur. "Umm I was about to head to the first gym if you want to come" (I'm gonna create a gym leader for us to battle if you don't mind) "I hear it's a flying type gym."

Seth had followed the boy. "Hey kid you wanna battle? I don't have my full party but I can still battle. You wanna train your Quilava to be a typhlosion like a have right?" Seth said as Cynder's flaming mane grew brighter.

Waddles shakes Sulfur's paw. Waddles wore a red contest ribbon around his neck symbolizing the win in a previous contest. "Well Venisa Town is up ahead and I plan on defeating Ace the gym leader. All I know is that he has a starkly and a Tranquil as his partner Pokémon!"

"I see, well I bet my Lyko can beat em'." Totakeke took a Pokeball off his belt and let his Luxio come out. "This is Lyko, my Luxio." Lyko gave a welcoming 'mrrow' to the group.

"I'm gonna keep training here for a bit, then I'll go." Totakeke waved Vivian off and continued to train in a area where rock and steels types come around often. Miko the Ralts had soon evolved into Kirlia, her eyes now visible. A onyx gray, it seemed fitting for Miko. The continued training until a very peculiar Pokemon came by. Instead of the usual Durants or Diglets, it was an Aron. However, this one seemed to have bloodshot eyes, well, to Totakeke that its. And it had a blue underbelly.

Seth just watched the kid's pokemon evolve and he was impressed. He saw the trainers Quilava and other pokemon. He walked up to the boy. "Hey kid you wanna battle?"

"... Oh, sure if you want." Sulfur sniffed the opposing trainers hand. "But I just started yesterday, so cut me some slack." He returned the strange Aron in its Pokeball, and Sulfur stood in front of Totakeke. "I'm Totakeke, just so ye' know."

"Cynder go traight ag the attack with your flare blitz attack." The two pokemon clashed and a cloud of smoke formed. "Use the cloud to your advantage Cynder! Sniff Sulfur out and use heat crash." Cynder landed the heat crash attack.

Keoni started down the dirt path through the forest, Sulfur following behind him. "That was some pretty good training today now, wasn't it Sulfur?" Sulfur nodded in agreement. It wasn't long until Venisa town came into view through the exit of the forest. "There it is Sulfur! Venisa Town!" Totakeke cheered, Sulfur gave a few mewls of excitement.

Vivian greeted her new Riolu and they set off towards the gym. She arrived at the gym, but it was only a platform. Vivian waited to see if there would be a gym leader or not.

Totakeke walked through the town, marveling at the sights to behold themselves. "So Sulfur, where to?" Totakeke asked. Sulfur pointed toward the gym, looking back up at Totakeke. Totakeke grinned. "Sure, lets go!" Totakeke cheered, now approaching the gym.

Vivian sat there for a minute wondering where the actual gym was. That was until the platform opened and a giant cage rose up and a stair case unfolded. In the middle was a hanging bar where the gym leader sat and waved her into the cage.

Totakeke could be heard from behind. "So that's what the gym looks like? Cool!" Totakeke remarked. Sulfur, too, had looked at the large cage with a surprised expression. "Hey, Vivian, are you gonna challenge this place?" Totakeke asked.

"Of course I am!" Vivian charges inside pokeball ready. "I'm ready to challenge you Ace!" The gym leader nodded and the cage door closed. It rose up by a crane and swung in the air. "Allow me to show you my Pokémon" the gym leader throws out a starkly to begin with and Vivian throws out Woobat.

((Is the "Starkly" a Starly?))
Totakeke peered in through the bars and watched as the battle began. "Cool!" Sulfur peered in, his head easily sliding through the bars. Sulfur craved for battle just as much as his trainer had.

"Woobat confusion!" The Starly was hit badly and tumbled backwards. Starkly rushed them with a wing attack which blew back Woobat as well. A gust attack was called by Ace and Vivian had an idea. She used confusion on the gust and it was sent swirling into Starly knocking him down and hat was one Pokémon out of the way.

Vivian cheers for Woobat and then a Tranquil attacks with a wing attack knocking Woobat out. Vivian returns Woobat "How rude! I wasn't ready! Riolu let's fight!" Vivian throws out Riolu against the flying type

Totakeke watched the battle, his ice blue eyes glittering with excitement until he noticed the Riolu. "She sent out a fighting type against a flying type! That's not good..." Totakeke thought. Sulfur nudged Totakekes leg, making him snap back into reality. "Oh, thanks Sulfur."

Ace laughs and calls her foolish as he calls for an Ariel ace attack. The Tranquil swoops and- "Detect" Vivian said as calmly as possible. Riolu dived to the left avoiding the attack. "Rock slide!" Vivian yelled and Tranquil is covered in rocks. "You lose" Vivian yells sticking her younger out at him. Ace hands her the Cloud badge which had a thunder cloud covering a normal white cloud. "That was quick" Vivian shrugged and turned to the trainer. "Your turn!" Vivian says with a smile

"Great job, Vivian!" He gave her a high-five before running into the arena. "Ace! I wish to battle you next!" Totakeke said.
Ace nodded and took his Pokeballs from the healing port. He sent out his Starly which Totakeke knew, Sulfur could easily beat.
"Sulfur, Rollout!" Totakeke called. Sulfur gave his usual battle cry and spun into the Starly, making it faint upon contact. "That's right, Sulfur! Show it who's boss!" Totakeke cheered Sulfur on.

((Be careful with those one-liners now.))
Ace had returned his Starly and sent out his Tranquil. Ace had ordered the Tranquil to use Peck on Sulfur, which had little to no effect. "Use Rollout again, Sulfur!" Totakeke commanded. Sulfur had to hit the Tranquil a few more times than expected, but the Tranquil fell after the third hit. "Great job Sulfur!" Totakeke cheered. Ace tossed Totakeke his badge and congratulated him. Sulfur mewled, proud of himself. Totakeke neared Vivian. "So, wanna go heal up over at the Pokemon center?" He asked.