• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey Through The Kalos Region!

Sylvia frowned. "Hey, it's okay. Y'know, everyone started out at the bottom one time or another. Heck, I used to always be cast in my older sibling's shadow--and I even still am! Everyone expects me to be this phenomenal battling prodigy when really, I just like to make friends with Pokemon instead of attacking other Pokemon with the help of my own. Sure, it's a sport and it's all done in good fun, but I'm not really a violent kind of person. Even after my older sibling ended their career as a Trainer and moved on to human studies, people expect my little sister and I to do the same. Heck, I'm even stuck in my own little sister's shadow because she's a Pokemon Coordinator star. All I am is some nerd who likes Fairy-types. It's all I ever was until Professor Rowan took me in." She placed a hand on Zack's shoulder and smiled at him. "You'll find where you belong. Fame isn't all there is to life. You can be someone amazing and no one even knows you exist, yet they still appreciate the things you do for them. It seems unlikely, but trust me. I've been that person before. It feels awesome to know you're appreciated for who you are, rather than just the fact that you're famous."

Those were some of the wisest words to ever escape Sylvia's mouth and she wasn't even sure how she came up with all of that.

Pip, meanwhile, felt guilty that he had disappointed Chespin. "Hey, buddy, let's not think about that. There's still so much fun stuff to see out there! And you've got us to help you along the way if you're in trouble! Or even if you're not, we'll still be there. As friends and as partners!" he exclaimed reassuringly.

Zack smiled, thinking those words were nice and quite inspiration and he was about to make a reply.

"What a joke, status is everything..."

A sudden female voice caught Zack's attention as another girl around his age walked out of the Pokemon Center with an Elekid by her side.

"Oh, a trainer I take it? My name is Zack. This is Sylvia." Zack said, introducing himself to the girl who simply gave a nod.

"Elizabeth, though I go by Eliza. I happened to overhear your conversation, and as nice as that sounds your friend could not be more mistaken." Eliza said, which caused Zack to frown.

"Excuse me?" Zack said as Eliza shook her head.

"A trainer with no status is worthless. If you muddle around in mediocrity and with no one knowing your name, then any achievement you make means nothing." Eliza said, rather coldly. Zack already was growing not to like this girl, which was funny cause Zack liked most people he met.

Sylvia gave the girl a slight glare. "You wanna bet?" she asked, standing in front of Zack to protect him. "Status isn't everything. I'm living proof of that. But wait, you wouldn't know because you're stuck in the shallow end of the pool. While others are down in the deep, doing things you will never see because you're stuck, all you can see is the people on the surface at the end of the pool and wish you were one of them. Just because they seem so cool, swimming around in there."

Sylvia was NOT good at coming up with analogies. She realized this.

"Okay, that was a terrible choice in words, but to translate into words you can understand, 'No one cares what you think,'" Sylvia summarized.

This girl sounded a lot like Sylvia's dad and she was not happy about that. Pip noticed Sylvia growing angrier and angrier by the second and saw the girl who riled her up. He ran to her side to protect her, glaring at the girl as well. Sylvia NEVER got angry at anyone. The only people who riled her up this much were her sister and her dad, and for good reason, so he trusted Sylvia's judgement when she was angry at this person who he had no clue what she did.

Elekid generated a spark when Pip came over. Shinx saw what was going on and ran to Pip's side, ready to fight if need be. Elekid had a smirk, ready for that should it come to it.

Eliza rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. Feel free to disagree, but know that it's champions that seize the spotlight. I'm not one to settle for the path of a no name nobody. In any event, I have more important things to do. Come Elekid, our journey to the Kalos Crown begins at Santalune City." Eliza said as she and Elekid began to walk away. Zack though felt the need to say something.

"So, you want to be Kalos Champion? Funny, so do I. I guess that makes us rivals." Zack said with a competitive grin. Eliza turned back, and began to laugh.

"Right, as if someone like you could be champion. I'll concern myself with that Jonathan over there. He's a threat and someone to consider a rival. But you? I won't even spare a thought." Eliza said as she and Elekid walked away. Zack...was infuriated. Standing in anger as his body shook and he clutched his hands into fists.

Out of nowhere, a young white-haired man walked over, glaring at the girl who walked off. "Dang, she's got issues," he said.

Sylvia gasped excitedly. "Kai-Kai!" she exclaimed, hugging her sibling rightly.

Kai chuckled. "Hey, Sylv. Didn't think I'd find you here in Kalos. Rowan send you on a mission of sorts?"

Sylvia shook her head. "I'm here adventuring! Zack, this is my older sibling, Kairin Reviar! Say hi!" Sylvia introduced. "Kai-Kai, this is Zack. He's one of my many new friends."

"Wow, friends already? You're going places," Kai said, smirking. "Hey. I'm Kai, Sylvia's older sibling."

On their belt was a strange Poke Ball. It looked like another one of Sylvia's designs. The ball was decorated in green and brown. It had some paper mache trees glued to the back part of it. It even had a small brown paper mache tail.

Pip beamed when Kai showed up, running up to them and hugging them. He rambled on and on about how much he and Sylvia missed them and that he wished they would visit them more often.

"Nice to meet you Kai." Zack said with a smile, his earlier anger at Eliza faded as he greeted Sylvia's brother. Shinx in turn ran up and on Kai's shoulder, also having a friendly smile on her face and she focused on the newcomer.

Sylvia quickly swooped in to whisper something into Zack's ear. "They're not my brother, they're my sibling. It's a bit complicated, but just use gender-neutral pronouns for them, 'k?" she said.

Kai crossed their arms. "Sylv, what're you doing?"

Sylvia quickly turned around and put on a cute angel-face. "Noooothing!~" Sylvia sang.

Kai raised an eyebrow and rolled their eyes. "Uh-huh." Ignoring Sylvia's antics, Kai fed Shinx an Oran Berry and pet her calmly. "Cute Shinx," they told Zack. "Where and when'd you guys meet?"

"'You guys' as in Zack and I or as in Zack and Shinx?" Sylvia asked confusedly.

"Zack and Shinx, Sylv. I know you guys met here," Kai said, chuckling at their little sister's cute question.

"Well one day I was taking out the trash and found her digging through. I guess she just wandered in from the woods and wanted something to eat. Since it was raining at the time, I brought her inside to give her a meal and a warm place to spend the night. One thing led to another and we've been partners ever since." Zack said, explaining the origins of their meeting and how they became friends.

Kai smiled. "Neat. I can see you've taken good care of her. You two have a friendship almost akin to something Sylvia and Pip have," they observed.

Sylvia blushed, picking up Pip and bashfully avoiding eye contact. Pip, on the other hand, was a proud Piplup and puffed out his chest, as if to say 'Darn right!'.

"Anyway, Sylv, I got something for you from Dad," Kai told Sylvia, turning serious.

Sylvia gasped. "Dad?! What does he want?! Is he trying to get us back home AGAIN?!"

Kai shook their head. "No, it's... It's different this time. He wishes you luck."

Sylvia was shocked. Her father, hater of Pokemon and seeker of power over the entire Reviar family was suddenly wishing Sylvia luck in researching what he hated most?! That didn't sound like him. "What... what changed his mind?" she asked.

Kai crossed their arms. "Beats me. But I'm having a hard time trusting him after everything he did. He even gave me five Ultra Balls when I left the house. Alex asked him for permission to go to Kalos, even though she doesn't really need it, and he told her yes. So, I'm sure you'll find her competing to become Kalos Queen," they told Sylvia.

This irked her. "Wha--SERIOUSLY?! Ugh, I thought I was done quarreling with her back in Sinnoh!"

Kai chuckled. "Just don't end the world with your intense, dazzling battles, okay?"

Sylvia shook her head in disbelief. "I'll try, but no promises."

Pip looked ready to pound someone to dust. 'Yes! I can't wait to show that Infernape who's boss!'

No, he wasn't calling Alex an Infernape. She literally had an Infernape.

Jonathan heard this Eliza girl walk in and without hesitation, for it was his best option, commanded Lucario to his side. "Eliza, status isn't everything, and in fact it's actually nothing! Battle me right now, and you'll see the living embodiment of status!" he glared. "You have no right to pick on Zack like that, either!"
Isabella looked on at her brother. He's always been so courageous, but what is he doing? She thought.

Eliza turned to Jonathan, Elekid walked right up to the Lucario with no fear but Eliza simply shook her head.

"Right, you beating me is gonna prove that. Kalos League Runner Up. Yeah, I know about you, and had a feeling I'd have to deal with you when I began my journey. Yet you pretend like your just another trainer, or that a no name nobody like Zack could even compete with an elite trainer like you. I think stringing him along like that only to crush his dreams down the line is worse than me picking on him." Eliza countered, not overly friendly. Elekid let out a spark at the Lucario none the less.

"Really? What kind of role model would I be," he began, pausing. "If I crushed people's dreams? I think Zack has potential, and when he utterly crushes you in the Kalos League, I won't be surprised. Now, I want you to battle me so I can teach you a lesson. Any person who is mean to anybody for no reason deals with me!" he roared. "Lucario, use Aura Sphere!" he called.
Isabella got up as well, taking out Fennekin's Poke Ball. "Don't you mess with Zack, Eliza. He's a good person and he doesn't deserve all the crap you're giving him!" she yelled.

Elekid jumped to the side to avoid the Aura Sphere.

"You say I'm being mean? I say I'm being honest. He. Can't. Do. It. We all have our limitations, and it's better to understand what we can actually do rather than delude ourselves on dreams that will never happen. Elekid Thunder Punch!" Eliza called out as Elekid's fist charged with electric and charged Lucario. Zack watched closely, Shinx on his shoulder as Eliza took notice of this.

"In fact Zack, pay close attention. Watch his Lucario go to work and tell me if you actually believe you could ever beat a trainer of his caliber." Eliza said while Elekid charged Lucario.

Alex silently gasped at the Lucario that was sent out and backed away.

"Dear God, no..." she said, a look of complete horror on her face.

She would've screamed, but she didn't want to attract attention.

"Well, he can breach them because he'll be a better Trainer, Eliza. And second off, why are you even saying Zack can't do it when you don't even know him? If you were to truly be honest, you'd say that he'll become better over time. Every Trainer naturally grows, so Zack can. Lucario, grab Elekid and throw it!" Lucario stopped the attack and launched the tiny Electric Type upward. "Now, use Close Combat and kick it to the ground!" There was no way this could be dodged without severe risk. He just set his opponent up for some danger.

Alex had a string of loose hair in front of her face she was sweating so much. As it used the attacks it made her even more scared than before. She told herself she'd be alright, but as she thought about it more, she wasn't so sure. It was Lucario. No Lucario could be trusted. Some tears came into her eyes as the memory came back.

"Thunder Wave & block!" Eliza called out as Elekid release a surge of non-damaging electricity which would aim to paralyze Lucario. Eliza didn't think it would stop the kick so Elekid got its hands up to block the incoming strike with the hope it would lessen the damage.

Zack and Shinx watched closely, though he took note of Alex's tears and walked over to her.

"Hey are you okay?" Zack asked Alex, Shinx on his shoulder looked concerned as well.

Sylvia grew angry with the fighting. "STOOOOP!" Pip used Bubble Beam on the two Pokemon, knocking them down temporarily. "You're all being childish! You are not allowed to fight here! If you want a battle, you'll need to go to a certified battlefield! And I'LL be the judge!" she yelled, breaking the fight apart. "I've had enough of all of this! C'mon! I know where you can settle this without destroying the well-paved roads of this beautiful city!" She grumbled angrily, leading the team to the center of the city.

Pip sighed. 'This is gonna turn into another Sylvia-and-Alex situation, except with Eliza and Zack--or Eliza and Jonathan.'

Kai, meanwhile, glared at this girl. She shouldn't have come here. They walked up to Jonathan and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Jonathan, I've heard a great deal about you," they told him. "But would you mind if I took the lead on this one? I haven't had a good battle in a long time." They smirked, knowing their sister would lead everyone to a VERY safe place for battling and that they wouldn't have to worry about holding back.

(I don't think an Elekid and a Trainer with 1 Pokémon should be that good, @Godjacob )

As Jonathan returned Lucario, he smiled at Kai. "Alright then," he said. "Although, I really need to help Zack in any way I can. Apparently, she knew my strategies, so if I switch it up," he whispered to them. "I think she won't be able to defeat us both at once!" he said, smiling.
The group walked to a battlefield while Isabella glared at Eliza. She was definitely a huge jerk, and Isabella was already boiling inside. Man, if Eliza didn't have to be so mean to someone she'd just met and my brother. She said mentally. Ooh, I'm gonna get her for this someday.
Then, the group arrived at the battlefield, Jonathan still contemplating if he should help his new friend or not. He nodded to himself and walked to the battlefield, knowing that it was right to finish what he started. "Gogoat, let's go!" Jonathan said, sending out his Grass-Type pal. "I've gotta finish what I start, no matter what! Eliza, you'll pay for your being mean to Zack, and that's a promise!"

Sylvia walked into the edge of the battlefield as a referee. "Kai, are you gonna be battling too?"

Kai drummed their fingers against their crossed arms in thought. "Well, two against one isn't fair. How about we make it equal?" they proposed.

Sylvia blinked and shook her head. "WHAT?! Kai, that's crazy!"

"I know, but hey. I'm not the Champion of Sinnoh for nothing, am I little sis?"

Welp, there went Sylvia's secret. She sighed. "Fiiine. So who do you suggest teams up with Eliza?"

Kai smirked. "Zack," they said determinedly.

"WHAT?!" Sylvia shrieked. Pip was equally surprised. 'Seriously!? But we're defending Zack from her!'

"If you say so..." Zack said to Alex, not buying it as he followed the others to the battlefield. Everything was set for what seemed to be a 2 on 1 battle with Jonathan and Kai vs. Eliza...then Kai proposed that he team up with Eliza.

"W-wait what? Why would you even suggest this?" Eliza asked, she and Elekid in disbelief. Zack had to admit, he and Shinx had a similar expression on their faces though they none the lesse moved next to Eliza and Elekid.

Kai smirked. "Because, you need to know how it feels to be on THAT end, Eliza. We've all been there before and we've climbed to the top. Now then. Double battle it is, huh, sis?" Kai winked at Sylvia. "C'mon, ref. We're waiting."

Sylvia stammered several unintelligible words before sighing and recomposing herself. "U-um, the double battle between the teams of Kairin and Jonathan versus Zack and Eliza will now begin. Contestants, please reveal your Pokemon."

Kai grabbed the Poke Ball with the mache trees and tail on it and tossed it out into the open. "Go, Tally!" they exclaimed.

A large, fearsome Torterra crashed down to the ground, giving off a mighty roar.

Pip snickered. 'I still can't get over that name you gave him like, two years ago,' he told Sylvia. 'Tally!' He continued laughing.

"Pip, I was twelve!" Sylvia whispered, blushing from embarrassment.

Last edited:
"Wait, what? I didn't sign up for this! Plus, I've never battled before!" Alex said, not wanting to fight.

It bothered her to use her Pokemon for harm, and she hated watching it, but she would if her friends were up there.

(@Yellow.anime You're not fighting. It's Jonathan, Kai, Zack and Eliza)

"Well, I'm gonna roll with Gogoat," Jonathan said, putting his hands in his pockets. "I've already sent it out, so there's no point in returning it. Now that it's two Grass Types and what appears to be two Electric Types, and ironically that the Trainers who command the Grass Types have more experience, I say that Eliza's going down!" He then walked over to Zack and whispered almost inaudibly in his ear, "The fun about Multi Battles is that there aren't rules about attacking allies. If it's three against one, Eliza won't be able to attack. I've never done this before since it's not really smart, but we can get Eliza as payback. Once we've got her down, then we can have some fun." He walked away smiling, knowing what was about to happen.

Zack gave a nod as he heard Jonathan's words and got himself ready. That was a funny scenario, and Eliza did deserve something like that. Still he would wait for Eliza to make a move before...

"Seems you have protective friends." Eliza said to Zack, who turned to Eliza with a small smile.

"Yeah, guess I do." Zack said as Eliza faced the ex-Champion and runner-up with determination.

"That feeling of knowing you'll be forever in their shadow, that terrible feeling of knowing no matter what you do will never measure up to those closest to you. Sickening, and you have my condolences." Eliza said which surprised Zack for a moment before Eliza made a move.

"Thunder Wave!" Eliza called out as she would aim to try and Paralyze both Torterra and Gogoat at once. Eliza knew she couldn't win, she wasn't that delusional, but how long she could last would determine the true winner of this battle.

"Meh, simple enough," Jonathan said. He knew Torterra was a Ground Type, so he had a strategy. "Get behind Torterra as a shield!" When Gogoat did so, it had no idea what it was doing. But as long as its Trainer knew, Gogoat was satisfied. When the Thunder Wave tried to paralyze Torterra, it rubbed it off and Gogoat was left unharmed.
"Now, run around and use Horn Leech on Elekid, and make your movements quick!" Gogoat ran around the Grass and Ground Type, sprinting for the helpless, bipedal Electric Type. Its horns glowed a radiant green and they became more powerful and absorbent the more Gogoat sprinted toward Eliza's partner.

"Use Thunder Punch!" Eliza called out as Elekid charged up an electric fist with the aim to intercept, or at least try a counter strike against the speeding Gogoat.

"Tackle!"

Suddenly Shinx delivered a tackle on Elekid's arm that knocked the Thunder Punch away which allowed Gogoat to deliver a Horn Leech which knocked Elekid back. Eliza looked at Zack in disbelief.

"Are you mad!?" Eliza said, as Zack avoided eye contact. Not feeling as good about that move as he should have. Eliza shook her head.

"Unbelievable. Forget status, you don't have the pride needed to be champion. Willingly using this match as a ploy to get a 3-on-1 situation. Pathetic." Eliza said as Elekid got to its feet, shooting a glare at Shinx who stuck her tongue out at him.

"Thunder Shock on Gogoat!" Eliza called out, with the belief it was now her versus the world as she fired a blast of electricity at Gogoat.

Gogoat silently, and without command, jumped over the weak bolt of thunder and charged for Elekid.
"Wait, Zack..." Jonathan started. "Doesn't have the pride needed to be... Champion?" the boy howled in laughter. "Oh, man, you would not even begin to believe how much confidence Zack has shown before you came around!" It was as if it was a funny joke, which it was to him. "Gogoat, put Shinx on your back and then use Earthquake!" Gogoat picked up the little Electric Type, leaving Elekid, and used a rumbling Earthquake which shattered the field.

Kai smirked. Their Torterra hadn't moved an inch on the battlefield and they weren't giving out any commands. Sylvia recognized this strategy. She just hoped that Kai knew what they were doing and that they didn't get rusty during their psych studies.

"Anyone can talk the talk, but the fact the he even considered agreeing to this set up shows that it is just that, all talk." Eliza countered as Elekid began to wobble in place from the Earthquake before Eliza ordered it to jump to lessen the impact & disorientation. This left Elekid open to an attack from Shinx, but Zack hesitated.

The time has come buddy. Time for us to reach the top of the Kalos League!

Unbelievable. Forget status, you don't have the pride needed to be champion.

"SHUT UP!" Zack yelled out which caught Shinx by surprise as well as Eliza and Elekid.

"Thunder Shock on Gogoat!" Zack called out, much to Shinx's shock but none the less did what she was asked firing an electric attack while she was on Gogoat's back.

Kai grew serious. "Tally, Frenzy Plant!" they commanded, thrusting an arm forward confidently.

Almost instantly, the ground began to rumble and every single Pokemon on the field except Tally himself was trapped in thorny vines. Tally gave all of the Pokemon long, wise stares of examination, evaluating each Pokemon for their battling style and current emotions.

Kai shook their head, sighing. "I hate to side with Eliza on this one, but she may be right, Zack. Not about you not having what it takes to join the Kalos League--no one does, at first. But you've gotta understand that Champions have a certain pride to them that allows them to play fair. This is something my sisters and I learned the hard way. If you were to ever see my younger sister--besides Sylvia--you'll know that despite the two having it in for one another quite often, they don't go out of their way to cheat to win. That would be disrespecting your opponent, your partner Pokemon, and yourself. Keep that in mind."

They glanced at Eliza, icy blue eyes piercing into her own. "Putting someone else below you and proclaiming yourself to be a queen compared to others will get you nowhere. All you gain from that is arrogance and false security. The same holds true for the opposite end of the spectrum." This time, they glanced at Sylvia, who flinched. "If you put yourself down below other people, you may never think you're worth it and thus not try to achieve your goals. You've known this for a while, haven't you, Sylv?"

Sylvia squirmed and avoided eye contact, refusing to say a thing on that matter. "Kai, you just paused the whole battle to give life advice? Come on..."

Kai sighed. "Tally, release them."

The Frenzy Plant vines gently let the Pokemon down and retracted into the ground. Kai extended their arm and held out Tally's Poke Ball.

"Return."

When Tally was out of sight, Kai turned around. "It was nice meeting you all. But I still think you all have a lot to learn," they said. Without another word, they walked off.

Gogoat, being a Grass Type, resisted all of the attacks. He wasn't mad at anybody nor surprised with Zack's yelling and attacking Gogoat at all. He walked over to Zack after the battle and put an arm around him. "Zack, I'm sorry about the battle," he began. "I was so caught up in trying to show Eliza that she wasn't the center of the universe that I played unfair. I was so mad at Kai as well... I just couldn't handle it. But it's a good lesson to not let things bother you."
Gogoat, however, was giving Isabella a ride away from the battlefield. "Wow, Gogoat, you've gotten strong," the girl said as she stroked the Grass Type's neck. Gogoat neighed and kept walking. "I'm surprised at how amazing Gogoat really are," she began. "I've never seen them in action except for when Jonathan battles with you. He really cares about you, you know. He always told me stories of how he would take care of you and raise you into the Pokémon you are today."
Jonathan, still walking with Zack, continued with his speech after a silence. "What Eliza says doesn't matter in the end, bud. What matters is that you train hard and do the best you can at achieving your goal. I can't wait to battle you in the Kalos League when we get there. I think I'll have as much fun as we will in the battles we'll have now. I think you're awesome, Zack, and just because Eliza is a snobby jerk, that doesn't mean you won't rise to the top someday. You can do it," he concluded, putting his other arm, his hand in a fist, toward Zack as to fist bump him.

Sylvia overheard Jonathan and shyly walked back up to them. "I guess the match is undecided, but..." Sylvia hesitated before sighing and letting it out. "Why were you mad at Kai?" she asked. "They were only trying to help."

Pip pondered Kai's words silently, perching himself on Sylvia's shoulder as per usual.

Eliza would simply recall her Elekid and walk away, Zack not saying a word as he listened to Jonathan's speech and gave a nod.

"You don't need to apologize. In the end, I agreed to an unfair situation which only proved her point. But...but I won't let this get to me. I'll show her she's wrong, that I can be good enough if I try my best and work my tail off. That I can rise to the top if I believe in myself and work hard enough. And I also look forward to our battle." Zack said with a smile, appearing like he had put this experience behind him.

Yeah, and where was that confidence during the "tag" battle? Darn it don't dwell on it, you'll move past it and show her what you're worth.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Jarrel finished healing his Pokémon and headed to the exit of the center. Once leaving, he saw a battle going underway. He hid so nobody would see him and gasped at the fight. When the Earthquake made the ground shake, Jarrel fell down on the ground. He stood back up and heard a bit of Jonathan and Zack's conversation. He decided to see if they were beginners as well. Jarrel left his hiding spot and went towards them. "H-hey... by any chances are you on a journey?" he asked. He tried to sound confident but he still stuttered. He recognized Jonathan and could tell he wasn't a beginner. However, he didn't know anything about the rest of them.

Zack saw a newcomer who seemed around his age, and a little nervous. None the less he seemed nice enough and Zack decided to go greet him.

"Indeed we are. I'm gonna be Kalos League Champion. My name is Zack, this is my partner Shinx. Nice to meet you." Zack said with a smile as Shinx ran up to his left shoulder to give a friendly greeting to the newcomer.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Jarrel grinned, knowing that Zack is being friendly to him. He lost his sense of nervousness and felt happy. Jarrel released Shinrino, his Treecko (lol giving pokemon names out of the blue is something i like) and said,"I'm Jerral and this is my partner, and best friend. Shinrino. I'm also going for the league. Guess that makes us rivals, but I still hope we can be friends." Jarrel petted Shinx, while Shinrino waved and smiled at him. "Tree (Hey)."

OOC: I hope nobody minds my Pokémon talking :'|

OOC: It's fine.

Jonathan smiled at Zack as Jarrel approached them and gave a warm greeting. "Nice to meet you, Jarrel. I'm Jonathan Smith, and this is my partner, Lucario," he said, commanding Lucario to his side. Lucario gave a small nod and noticed Shinrino, a shiny Treecko, perched on Jarrel's shoulder.
The Fighting Type smirked at the tiny creature. He knew that later, it wouldn't be a Pokémon he could play around with. He had battled Sceptile in the past and had many other experiences as well.
"We've been traveling together for a long time," the boy added.