• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey Through The Kalos Region!

"Well I hope I'm one of those." Zack said with a chuckle, Shinx smiling at Alex. Seemed Shinx liked the girl.

"So off to start your own journey? Trainer? Coordinator? Performer? Or something else? I apologize if I come off as nosy, just curious." Zack explained as he wanted to know more about her. If Shinx liked her, then there was no reason he shouldn't either.

Isabella looked at Alex, thinking of Zack's statement. What am I as a Pokémon Trainer? Will I battle, perform or research for Sycamore? Jonathan thought about this as well. He was a Gym Challenger and a seasoned Trainer, but he wanted to be stronger. That's my destiny, he thought. My destiny is to be the strongest Trainer ever.

Sylvia recognized the look in Isabella's eyes and smiled. "Hey," she said reassuringly, placing a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay that you don't know what you want to do yet. I changed my goal tons of times as a beginner Trainer before settling on research. You don't have to rush the decision. Heck, I think it'll be okay if you took all the time you wanted. After all, there's much more to Pokemon than research, battling, or even showing them off. You could take care of Pokemon as a caretaker, give out starter Pokemon, or you could take on a normal human job with Pokemon assistance and use your Trainer skills to keep you and the people around you safe. After all, my older sibling was a big deal in Sinnoh, but they ended up becoming a human psychologist. Their Pokemon helped them in their research, and thanks to them, they even have some free time to train and take care of us and their Pokemon. It's a big world out there and it's okay--everyone finds where they fit eventually." Sylvia grinned. "I'm probably one of the most indecisive people you now know! And look--I've decided where I want to be. So if even I can choose," Sylvia chuckled. "Someday, you can too."

"Oh, I'm a performer, but I also want to become a professional Pokemon Photographer, and capture all the Pokemon I can. But capture them on film, I mean. And performing has been my nation ever since I was little. I'd play dress up, and use my stuffed Pokemon as my partners, pretending to perform, and win a Princess Key." Alex said, really opening up at this time.

Chespin looked at Alex, with a tilted head, seeming to understand her passion, and figuring out what he could do to help. Chespin then looked over at Shinx, and waved happily, happy to see new Pokemon friends such as himself.

"That's really cool, and I have every bit of confidence you can get it done!" Zack said with a grin, meaning what he said.

Shinx meanwhile noticed the Chespin waving at her and returned with a smile and nod of her own, trying to be friendly.

"I aim to reach the very top of the Kalos League, and will face and defeat the great Diantha to become Kalos Champion!" Zack said, showing a strong belief in himself.

"So, Alex," Jonathan started. "Do you want to travel with us? I hope you don't mind me asking," he added politely. "But I think we could have more fun on our journey with you tagging along."
Isabella looked at Alex delightfully, petting her baby Eevee on its tuft of fur, making it cry exuberantly. Isabella remained her 'Please?' look and smiled cutely at the girl, trying to beg her to come.

Alex was taken aback by the request, giving them a puzzled look.

"Are you sure? I mean, I'm a food hog, I often sleep outside, my mom says I have body oder problems, I only have one pair of clothes, I snap pictures all the time, I wake up early, I'm super loud, I'm always in a hurry, I sleep very late.." she said, going on about all the reasons why they wouldn't want her on their journey.

"You know you can make anyone sound bad if you only focus on the negative right? I'd love it if you traveled with us!" Zack said with a smile, Shinx nodding in agreement as she went up to begin to rub against Alex's leg. Zack laughed at this.

"Seems like Shinx likes you to. Think she'd like it if you tagged along." Zack added.

Alexis kinda shook her head to both sides, as if to make a "more or less sign". Then she looked at Jonathan and Isabella, tilting her head to the side, as if to ask their opinion on her after all her comments.

Sylvia giggled. "Really? Well, I'll tell you a bit of a secret," she said, leaning in to Alex's ear. "I also only brought one pair of clothes. And hey, even if you have trouble with all of these habits, maybe the journey could do you some good because then we can help you. Besides, you're a nice person, and odor, appearance, bad habits, or anything else doesn't change the kind of person you are in your heart." She giggled. "Just in the rest of your body! And hey, I won't judge you for it. I used to do the same thing before I set off on my journey through Sinnoh. So I can say from experience that a journey helps you wonders."

"Well, okay.." Laura said.

But instead of getting up, she punched two wholes into each of her Polaroid photos, and slipped them into a scrapbook.

"I'll go then." Alex said with a small nod.

"Alright, happy you could join us." Zack said with a smile, Shinx let out a adorable growl of joy that Alex was gonna tag along with them before running up and resting on her partner's shoulder.

Jonathan smiled. "Awesome, Alex! I can't wait to travel Kalos again and mentor a new generation of possibly famous Pokémon Trainers and Performers!" he fist pumped and smiled, more with excitement than anything. "It's gonna be fun, that's for sure!" the teenager reminded the group.
Isabella cheered. "Yay! Thank you, Alex!" she cried. She petted Eevee and let Fennekin out, cradling the Fire-Type. "Together, this group will be the most famous traveling group in the entire Kalos region!" the young girl cheered hopefully.

Sylvia cast her eyes down. "Well, not all of us. I-I mean, don't get me wrong, being famous sounds awesome, but my real goal is being a Pokemon Professor." She smiled and began ranting about how fascinating Pokemon were. "I especially love studying Fairy-types! Of course, that's only since they're a new type of Pokemon that's been discovered recently--all the other Types are just as fascinating! But Fairy-type Pokemon never really got a proper report as far as I'm concerned and I feel like they deserve as much respect and recognition as all the other Pokemon! Did you know a lot of people are having a hard time accepting Fairy-types into the new system, so they sometimes ban those Pokemon from their cities or towns? Well, I wanna change that! I also want to study the extent of a bond between a Pokemon and a Trainer--or even a random human that encounters the Pokemon! Maybe they're not confident, old, or whatever enough to become Pokemon Trainers, but they bonded with the Pokemon anyway without the use of Poke Balls! Now that's fascinating! And--" Sylvia continued rambling on and on about Pokemon bonds and Fairy-types, while Pip mouthed everything she was saying in a playful, mocking manner.

"Well, that's okay," Isabella said, walking toward Sylvia. Isabella definitely felt guilty about this, and she put her arm on Sylvia's. "You don't have to be famous, but I know your research can help the people in Sinnoh and around the world!"
Meanwhile, Jonathan wanted to talk to Zack and Alex. "So, are you two wanting to head out now or later? I'm sure it won't matter since lunch is soon," he added. With this, Isabella's Eevee woke up to the word 'lunch' and climbed down Isabella's shoulder. She ran as fast as her legs could carry her toward Jonathan and sat, panting. "Oh?" Jonathan asked, looking down. "I'm sure you want lunch, Eevee. Well, you'll get lunch soon, okay?"
Eevee nodded and jumped around in happiness, then ran back to Isabella and licked her face, knowing her master would provide the meal. "Oh, Eevee," Isabella said playfully. "You'll do anything for food," she added, handing her an Oran Berry. The baby Eevee gobbled it up happily and squealed. Isabella chuckled in response.

"I think I'd probably go now, so..." Alex said, before her stomach made a loud grumbling sound.

She looked down, a small blush on her face from embarrassment.

"Well, I guess lunch doesn't have to wait." Alex said, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly.

"I can go grab some from the local Sandslash's (the equivalent to Sonic) just across the street!" Jonathan said, pulling out a loose piece of paper. "I'll take everybody's orders here so that I don't have to remember! Now, I know what me and Isabella want," he said, writing down their evident meal choices. "Now, Alex, may I take your order?" he said, impersonating the cashiers at local restaurants and fast-food joints.

Sylvia giggled as Pip's stomach growled simultaneously with hers. "Looks like we're also hungry, eh, Pip?"

Pip huffed and crossed his flippers. 'Says you,' he pouted.

"And your stomach," Sylvia pointed out.

She had him there.

Pip sighed in defeat as Sylvia wrote down what she and Pip liked from Sandslash's. There weren't that many of those stores back in Snowpoint City, but there were quite a few in Jubilife and Hearthome City, so they did get to try it at some point.

Sylvia smiled warmly at Isabella. "That's what I'm hoping for," she said in answer to her comment. "And hey, even Trainers can use my research for good. You don't know just how good Fairy-types are! They balance Pokemon out quite nicely!"

"Hm...I'll take a chili cheese coney, and chili cheese fries, also mozzarella cheese sticks, and a blue raspberry slush! I'll pay for the mozzarella cheese sticks and the chili fries." Alex said, as she took out her wallet and handed him a ten dollar bill. "If this isn't enough I can get more."

Sylvia added in some money and handed Jonathan the note. "Sorry if this isn't enough," she told him, giving him about 1000 PokeDollars. "But I think this should work."

(OOC: Remember, 1000 PDs probably equal about ten dollars)

Zack took the time to get 1,000 PokeDollars to hand over to Jonathan.

"I'll take a Sandslash's Special Sandwich and a milkshake. If you need more money for it I can give it to you." Zack said, wanting to also get a bite to eat and thankful for Jonathan's suggestion to go and get it.

(Are we really using PokeDollars from the games? Not to be rude, I just never used them in any of my RP's)

Alex's stomach growled again, and Chespin's mouth watered at the thought of Sandslash's food. Soon, she was imagining her and Chespin eating until their stomachs burst.

Jonathan took the orders and the money and left the lab. He walked by the Pokémon Center and to the local Snadslash's, Lucario by his side. As he walked inside, he was stopped by new Trainers adoring his Lucario. He walked around them and let Lucario go from there.
A waitress walked up to him as he was walking around the restaurant. "Hello, Jonathan! I'm glad you're here today, my young friend. May I take your order today?"
"Yes, yes you can," the boy said playfully, handing Katrina the slips of paper and money. "Don't feel rushed at all, Katrina. I'll be here, waiting and talking with younger kids," he added.
He and Katrina laughed, for it was their inside joke.

Meanwhile, Lucario was having a fun time being patted by younger kids and listening to their stories. Jonathan came back, and the kids flocked to him instead. "Hey there, guys!" he said, greeting them. "How are you all doing?"
"We're doing great!" most of the kids said in unison.
"We're doing great!" the others said after the majority of the kids.
"So, how are your Trainer Journeys coming along?" he asked. All of the eight kids sent out two or more Pokémon. Most had Froakie or Fennekin and a cute Normal-Type, while a boy with a Chespin had a Panpour as well. "Wow, you guys've caught some cool Pokémon!"
"I have 2 Badges already!" one said. He had a Braixen, a Minun and a Pansage.
"Cool!" Jonathan said.

"Order 448, Jonathan Smith," Katrina said. "Order 448, Jonathan Smith."
Jonathan picked up the order and left, the smell making his stomach hungry. He entered the lab later and handed everybody their individual orders, then proceeding to pay Zack, Sylvia and Alex back. He even added a few extra dollars to be nice. "Eat up!" he said delightfully.

Sylvia giggled. "Thanks!" she exclaimed. She gave Pip her chili taco (OOC: I don't know if they serve that, but if they don't, now they do :p) and ate her chicken strip sandwich.

Thankfully, Pip was smart and didn't actually take any offense to this because he was a.) a Pokemon, b.) a friend and valued partner of Sylvia's, and c.) a Penguin Pokemon, so it was all good.

Sylvia noticed the extra money and thought that her meal was actually pretty cheap, which surprised her, so she put the money in her bag anyway without suspecting anything. Pip finished quickly, but Sylvia was taking her time eating. Pip was sometimes impatient, which was a charming, yet differing factor that differentiated him and Sylvia. The two may have been alike, but they were still very different.

"Thanks! And I don't need any money back." Alex said, taking the food, yet rejecting the money. "It's my thanks for paying."

Alex then put her mozzarella sticks and chili fries in front of Chespin, and he happily ate. If Alex finished before Chespin, she would eat some of the fries as well, but for now, she was finishing her chili dog, and she shared her slushy with Chespin at the same time.

"Thank you, and keep the cash. I've got more than enough on hand to get by." Zack said, like Alex before him, rejecting the money as he began to enjoy his sandwich, ripping off pieces of it to share with Shinx.

Jonathan was shocked at the fact that the money was rejected by Zack and Alex. He put it back in his wallet and took the meal out of his meal bag. He grabbed a chicken sandwich, fries and a Sprite, which he handed to his sister. The few differences between their meals is that Jonathan had a grilled cheese, and while Isabella had small fries and a Sprite, Jonathan's fries and Sprite were medium. Isabella ripped off pieces of the chicken and gave it to her Pokémon, while Jonathan gave four or five French Fries to his partner, Lucario.

Last edited:
Alexa was soon finished with her meal, Chespin too, while they leaned back on the bench, rubbing their stomachs.

"I almost forgot!" Alex said, as she sat back up.

She took the camera from around her neck and held it up to her eyes, as the camera fixed itself onto Chespin, who was confused, before giving a heart warming smile. She snapped the photo, and it came out of the camera. She shook it around till the picture came in view, and she punched two wholes into the picture. Then, Alex took out her small book, and slipped the picture of Chespin in the way front, before the picture of the Lumious Tower, a well photographed photo, with a small corner of the sun in the picture.

Isabella saw Alex take out a scrapbook of sorts that was hoe-punched, and immediately got curious. She walked over to the new Trainer and asked, "Hey, Alex. Whatcha got there? I hope you don't mind me asking," she added quickly.
Jonathan also took a peek and was already getting ideas. "Well, Izz, it's rather simple to figure out," he said, cuing the girl to turn and face her older brother. "Alex has stated before that she loves taking photos of the places she's been. So, if I were to guess, I'd have to say that this is a miniature scrapbook!"
"What's a scrapbook?"
"A scrapbook is a little book where you keep drawings and photographs all in one place," Jonathan answered sweetly. "It's almost like a memory book, am I right, Alex?" the teenager asked.

"Yeah, I guess." Alex said, as she held out the book to them. "Want to see some pictures?" she asked.

There were many good pictures in there, such as her mothers Spoink, and Lumious tower, and even some interesting shops. Pictures of her mom, dad, and baby brother were in the book, and she also took a picture of her house, which was perched on a hill. Then it showed her picture, Chespin's, and all of theirs.

"Wow, those are great!" Zack said with a big grin as he and Shinx walked over to view the pictures in the book Alex was kind enough to show them. Shinx had a big smile on her face, finding the images to be fascinating.

"Thanks!" Alex said, as she continued to hold it out. "I just recently got this camera on my birthday, when I turned thirteen."

Alexa was happy to see people admiring her pictures, and it made her blush, for she was flattered.

Isabella smiled. She liked her traveling group, she decided as she went back to her meal, finishing it up. She then hugged her older sibling. "Thank you, big brother,"" she whispered.
"No problem," Jonathan replied, walking to his meal and finishing it after she let go. "Mmm," he said in delight. "That was amazing. Now I guess it's time we head out on our journey! Are you all ready?" Isabella nodded, petting Eevee's tuft of vanilla fur. Jonathan smiled in response. "That's one of us," he said.

"Defiantly!" Alex said as she put the scrap book away, and threw her backpack on her back, while Chespin stood beside the girl.

Alex was excited to make some friends of her own, especially because it'll build her confidence skills.

"I'm ready!" Zack said, a grin on his face to match the fire in his eyes. Shinx also had a look of determination on her face, ready to help Zack reach his goal however she could.

Soon we'll stand at the very top of the Kalos League. Diantha wait for me, our fated face-off is coming!

Sylvia chuckled. "I'll be there to assist you guys along the way. Since I've loved researching Pokemon and for some reason, I seem to be a magnet for bad guys back home, I've learned quite a bit about healing up Pokemon. So I'm here to offer you guys my studies for the benefit of your dreams and the well-beings of Pokemon."

Pip nodded proudly, notifying that he was also a big help in these studies alongside Sylvia.

Professor Sycamor heard these words and knew what to do. He grabbed four Pokedexes and headed down the stairs, finding the new entourage. "Before you go," he said formally. "I would like to give you these." He showed a rectangular touch-screen device to the five of them, one for each except Jonathan. "These are Kalos Pokedexes. These record data on every Pokémon you encounter and store them in digital files. These are essential to your journey."
Isabella was confused. "Professor, how do they work, exactly?" she asked.
"I'll show you," he said delightfully. "May I see your Eevee?" he asked. Isabella nodded and set Eevee on the ground. The baby wobbled, but managed to keep balance. "You see, you hold it in front of the Pokémon you want to learn about, and the Pokedex scans it and vocally gives you data!"
"Eevee, the Evolution Pokémon," it said. "Due to Eevee's unstable genetic makeup, it is able to evolve into many forms."
"Wow, that's awesome!" Isabella said, bringing Eevee up to her shoulder with her hands. The girl took the Pokedex and held in it her hands. Eevee pawed at it softly, and giggled. She liked it. "I'm amazed that this can tell me about any Pokémon I want!" the young girl added.

"Alright!" Zack said as he took the Pokedex offered to him with a grin. Being an aspiring trainer, he knew about them from watching other trainers on television. Still, that was nothing compared to having one in his hands. He turned to Shin on his shoulder with a grin.

"As of now, I'm an official Pokemon Trainer and we are an official team. Ready to rock this league?" Zack said as Shinx gave a nod, a smile on her face as well.

Sylvia smiled. "Thank you, Professor." Looking into the Pokedex entry, Sylvia was puzzled. An unstable genetic makeup. It was always fascinating to Sylvia how something so different and strange was still delicately woven in a pattern that made Eevee safe, docile creatures, yet turn into such differing, beautiful alterations of what it was originally supposed to evolve into. It almost scared her to think what would happen should that delicate balance be broken. She's heard of scientists who've gone mad trying to figure this out, and all this over some simple, docile Eevee? They said that it was in the name of science before they were apprehended (100+ years ago) but it still sickened Sylvia to think of such things. Science could lead to madness, so she needed to be careful not to tread into that area of her favorite subjects.

Now having totally ruined hers and Pip's moods, Sylvia decided to think about something else. For instance, receiving video footage of several Fairy-type moves along the way that they go. Which means that Sylvia needed to have a camera handy with her. Fortunately, she had a computer in her backpack with professional Pokemon move analysis softwares downloaded, which included a high-def camera built into it. It had outer cameras and inner cameras (though the inner cameras were there from the start--the outer ones, she needed to get installed with recording hardware and software).

Now she and Pip had gone over some things they needed for the journey and concluded that they were totally ready...

...and then remembered that Sylvia was still low on Poke Balls. Sylvia just realized that and laughed nervously.

"Uh, guys, would it be okay if we stopped by a Poke Mart first? I kinda don't have many Poke Balls with me..." Sylvia said, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly.