• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey Through The Kalos Region!

"Naturally. Jonathan here is a former runner-up and is planning to compete again. Just cause we're rivals doesn't mean we can't be friends." Zack said with a smile.

"Shinx!" (Nice to meet you!)

"Oh, that'd be great, Jarrel! I'd love to have another friendly rival as awesome as you!" Jonathan said, smiling. "But first, we've gotta introduce you to the group!" He walked, taking Jarrel by the arm, toward Isabella and let go of Jarrel for a moment. "Isabella, this is Jarrel. Jarrel, this is Isabella," Jonathan said, smiling.
"Hi, Jarrel," Isabella said awkwardly, looking up at what appeared to be a teenage boy. "It's nice to meet you and to see that you and my brother are getting along so nicely." She petted Eevee, who was on the girl's shoulder, and it relaxed even more from the gentle touch.

A young girl - wearing some sort of a frilly princess dress with heels, a kimono bowtie on the back, and a bedazzled purse - walked into Lumiose City after being on a plane ride. The jet lag causing her sleeplessness to get worse and she nearly fell asleep walking to Professor Sycamore's Lab. Zorro, her darling Zorua, popped out of his Luxury Ball from a red beam and yelled at her, wanting her to wake up. The young girl, surprised, widened her eyes at the noise and giggled. She picked up her Pokemon and found herself at the front of the building he needed to go to. She pushed the doors open and went up the elevator, paying no heed to the other people around her. She didn't want to fall asleep or forget about what she's doing here.

When the elevator dinged at the top floor, she walked through the opening doors and found herself in a hallway leading to Professor Sycamore's office. She knocked on his door and she could hear a creaking of a chair and then footsteps heading closer to her destination. The Professor welcomed her with open arms, letting her walk in.

He asked: "Are you here to get your Pokemon? I'm sorry to be at an inconvenience, but there have already been a few kids who came here and took the three starters I had out. What's your name, by the way?"

"My name is Angelia Shayton, but you may call me Angel. This is my partner Zorro, and my other partner, Togetoge, is in her Luxury Ball, sleeping. It's alright if I'm too late. I'll just find a Froakie to catch. How are you doing, Professor?"

"Ah, alright, I suppose. Just researching Mega Evolution, Mega Stones, Fairy-Types..." he trailed off, not wanting to bore this young girl, but her head perked up when she heard about Fairy-Types.

"So, you mean like this one?" she released her Togetoge, a Togepi, into her arms, while Zorro hopped on her shoulders to give the baby room. Professor Sycamore looked at the young darling with wide eyes. He held out his arms, as if to say "May I?"

Angel gave him her Togepi, but suddenly, Togetoge began to cry as soon as she left the warm embrace of her trainer. Sycamore, embarrassed and nervous, gave the crying and sniffling baby back to Angel and scratched the back of his head. Once she was returned to her trainer, she stopped crying and held on to her trainer's dress, not letting go. Angel giggled and apologized to Sycamore.

"I can tell you about Fairy-Types, but I would rather go about my adventure," she said, wanting to leave, but also wanting to help the professor with his research.

The professor shook his head and took a step away from the door out of his office. "No, no, go on your adventure. I'll just get Togepi's information from Professor Elm in the Johto Region. Call me if you need anything." he responded.

Angel nodded as she took her leave, but something stopped her. She asked: "Do you have any Luxury Balls I can use? I like using them, as they help keep my Pokemon happy and comfortable."

The professor thought and shook his head, but he told her that the shop in town should have some Luxury Balls for her. She thanked the professor and left, happy to have some kind of information, but also saddened that she didn't get the Froakie she was wanting.

As she left the Professor's building, she saw a fight happening near the Pokemon Center and then moved somewhere else. She watched as it ended as fast as it started, following them as the tension had shifted to an official battleground. She could feel the heat and anger from the battle, and then a mood shift as it was forgiven and the lady, who probably started the fight, left. She walked up to the kids, who were now in a calmer state. She asked in a sweet, melodious voice:

"Does anyone know where to find a Froakie out in the wild? Besides ones that trainers have, I mean a legitimate wild Froakie. Any ideas? Any areas, like lakes, ponds, rivers, anything of the sort?"

Her Zorua looked at everyone with curiosity, while her Togepi hid her face in Angel's dress, wanting to get away from everyone. Angel softly pet her baby Pokemon, calming her down. She then introduced herself, apologizing for her forgetfulness.

"My name is Angelia Shayton, but you may call me Angel," she said as she gave a little curtsy, her Zorua barking and bowing in greeting, as well. Togepi kept her face hidden and didn't bother to check out the new humans.

Last edited:
Sylvia stayed quiet, suddenly feeling shy and a little bit hurt. Why'd Kai leave? And why was Jonathan a bit angry at Kai? What'd they do wrong?

Even worse, did Sylvia do something wrong? She didn't think she did, but she never knew. All of this self-doubt washed over her and Pip definitely noticed. He nuzzled Sylvia's cheek. 'Hey, it's okay. You're fine,' Pip comforted.

"I don't feel fine..." Sylvia whispered to her partner. "Do they not like Kai? I'm so confused..."

Pip didn't say anything, instead continuing to give her physically comforting actions such as nuzzling and the occasional beak-rubbing-up-against-her-cheek.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
OOC: Shinrino was just standing there and he isn't shiny my Bagon is shiny and i think Shinx is either on my shoulder or on Zack's. (it was a bit unclear) sorry if this sounds rude just saying it. Also I gotta eat icecream be right back

Shinrino looked at the Lucario and shrugged. "Tree, treecko. Cko, treecko, treecko. (What, it's not like I'll fight you. Besides, you're a steel type, i'd be weak against you.) Then he turned to Shinx and said,"Cko." (Same.) He looked at Eevee and said,"Tree. Tree,tree treecko. (Hello. Wow, Jarrel's sure helping me make a lot of new friends.)

Jarrel laughed as he saw Shinrino's interaction. "I'm glad he's enjoying everyone's presence. Nice to meet you all. I hope we can all be happy, always," he said.

He heard a new voice and turned to see Angel. He looked up at her and was not as nervous as he expected to be. He was, after all, looking at an older person, and he expected Angel to be mature. However, with all the others around he didn't feel nervous at all, in fact he was more excited. "I'm meeting a lot of people today. Anyways, hi Angel, I'm Jarrel and this guy is Shinrino, my partner. Oh, I forgot one other special friend. Say hi to everyone Drakon!" he said as he threw a Pokéball in the air.

A red flash appeared and out came a green Bagon. Disturbed by the sudden amount of people near him, Drakon covered his eyes. Shinrino rolled his eyes and went towards Drakon to comfort him. "Tree, treecko cko tree. (Relax, they are just new friends.) Drakon opened his eyes and saw everyone being friendly. He jumped in happiness. "He gets excited easily. Oh, and to answer your question, I've never heard of a wild Froakie. But why can't you just ask Professor Sycamore to give you one? Doesn't he give starters to trainers?" Jarrel asked.

"That's what I thought," Jonathan said unsurely, looking at Jarrel through his peripheral vision. "I have a Greninja I received from him, and he's happy to give you the starter of your choice," he said. He moved on in the conversation. "Hi there," he started. "My name is Jonathan Smith, and I was the former Kalos League runner-up two years ago."
Isabella looked at Angel and waved. "Hi there, Angel. That's your name, right?" she asked cutely. Geez, and I thought people my age did this stuff. "Anyway, my name's Isabella Smith, and I'm Jonathan's younger sister," she added, looking at Eevee talking to Drakon.

'Hi there' she started. 'As you can see, I'm an Eevee. What's your name?' the tiny dog-like Pokémon asked.
Meanwhile, Lucario was talking to Zorro. 'Hi, there. I see that it's a little strange, talking to others. What did you say your name was again?'

"Hey there, my name is Zack. Nice to meet you all." Zack said with a smile to the newcomers, introducing himself. Shinx just gave a friendly smile to all the new Pokemon.

"Shinx!" (Hello everyone!)

Angel smiled at each and every Pokemon and person when they introduced themselves, but sighed when Jarrel asked her about that. "You see.... Someone already got the Froakie before me. I'll just find either a wild or abandoned Froakie, but it might take me awhile, considering that when people leave on a journey, they tend to be a few cities and towns ahead from when they get their Starter Pokemon. Unless," looking at Jonathan, directing this to him. "you're planning on giving me one," she said with a sly smile, not befitting her appearance. It gave her a creepy atmosphere when she smiled, but the slyness of her smile became a genuine grin, shifting the mood from creepy to somewhat cute. "And congratulations on being a runner-up. I'm wanting to be a Kalos Queen one day."

She then looked to Isabella and smiled at her. "By the way, your Eevee is adorable!" she squealed and bounced a bit, with Zorro rolling his eyes at her reaction. After her sudden cuteness outburst, she began to study Isabella, trying to figure out if she had the same goal as herself. "Are you wanting to be a Kalos Queen, too? If so, then you got yourself a friendly rival," she added with a smile.

Togetoge, her stomach growling, shrieked and burst into tears. Angel, not fazed by the sudden burst of noise and sobbing, pulled out a bottle of milk and gave it to her Togepi. Togepi instantly began sucking the milk out and holding it in place, snuggling closer to her "mother". Zorro, looking up at the Lucario who had begun talking to him, barked and chirped at him, greeting and introducing himself as Zorro, and that he was the first Pokemon Angel ever "owned".

Isabella took the compliment well, and replied, "Aww! Thank you so much!" She looked back at it, and she was still conversing with the Bagon, wobbling on her legs as usual. "And no, I don't think I want to be Kalos Queen just yet," Isabella considered.
Lucario smiled at Zorro. 'That was the same with me and Jonathan! I've known him for quite a long time, and we've been best friends since!' he added, smiling. 'I'm sure we'll be good pals!' the Lucario thought.

Zorro raised his paw and smiled, wanting a high-five. He chirped at the Lucario, happy to have found a friend.

Angel smiled and reassured Isabella. "Well, whatever dream you may have, keep following it and never let anyone tell you otherwise. It's your dream with your journey, and the only thing they can actually do to you is make you react and cause your actions to falter from your path. Anyway, I just thought you would go for being a Kalos Queen because of your appearance. I can certainly see you on stage dazzling everyone who see you."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Bagon! (Drakon!) he replied with a smile. He turned to Togetoge and seemed worried. "Ba, bagon gon?" (Hey, are you ok?) he asked. Shinrino looked at Zorro and stole the highfive from Lucario. "Tree! Treecko, tree. Treecko. (Ha ha! Hello there, I'm Shinrino. Sorry for being rude." he said with a smirk. He didn't dislike Zorro, but he felt the feeling wasn't going to be mutual. Jarrel shrugged and chuckled. "Hey Angel, what's your dream?" he asked curiously.

Angel thought for a long time, ignoring the Pokemon talking with hers for a moment. She then collected her thoughts and replied: "I want to be a Kalos Queen, not one of beauty, but one that captures the art in dance," she said this as she spun around, her frilly dress and the laces on her bowtie gracefully following her movements and the tapping claps on her heels shining in the sun's rays, but also forgetting that Zorro was on her shoulder. Luckily, Shinrino got the high-five in before she spun, but Zorro nearly toppled off of her shoulder from the spin. Zorro shook his head to take away the disorientation and chuckled at Shinrino. He then replied with chirps and slight barking:

"Ah, don't worry too much, it was kind of out there for anyone to take. Buuuuut~", as soon as his voice trilled at the last word, he created an illusion in front of him. One of a beastly Fire-Type, covered in smoke, with eyes that could pierce through Treecko's body. It stood taller than Angel and its hulking body loomed over the Treecko. Zorro hoped he didn't scare this Pokemon, but he did want to get back at him for taking away his high-five. While that was going on, he held up his paw for the high-five from Lucario.

While this was happening, Togetoge looked at the Bagon, and then sipped more of her milk before turning away, terrified of all the attention.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Drakon frowned in disappointment. "Bagon ba? (Does she not like me?) OOC: i'm assuming gender sorry but it's sort of strange to say they when a Pokemon does have a gender BIC: Shinrino blinked and suddenly got terrified. Then, he remembered hearing about Zorua from when Jarrel was reading a book and realized it was an illusion. Shinrino poked the illusion in the nose and yawned. "Treecko cko," (I'm smarter than that.) he said. Jarrel thought about Angel's answer and then replied,"That sounds wonderful, but how would people recognize your talent? There's no competition and if you want to be a celebrity from dancing, wouldn't it be better to be in TV programs or something? You know, to increase your overall popularity?"

Angel nodded, but shrugged her shoulders. "I don't mind the popularity. In fact, I'd be better off wandering around the Kalos region and teaching everyone how to dance. I don't feel the need to be popular. Just as long as I'm helping people, I'm alright. I don't need a flock of Mareep following me everywhere," she giggled at that last bit. "But I won't feel bad if someone doesn't recognize my talent. I don't need that. Popularity isn't everything, and I'm not willing to just let that bother my life. Although, if I ever do want to get a little bit known, I guess the Pokevision wouldn't be too bad to use at least once."

Zorro dissipated the illusion and laughed, seeing Shinrino's scared expression. Even though it was only for a brief moment, it was still enough, and he felt happy for that. Zorro heard the upset Bagon and explained to him that Togetoge was scared of everyone except for himself and Angel. She would rather just hide in her Luxury Ball all day rather than come out to see people. Meanwhile, Zorro was still waiting for Lucario to give him a high-five.

Lucario glared at Shinrino for a minute and then returned to Zorro, giving the Dark-Type a high-five.
Jonathan was listening to Angel and thought that she had a unique dream. "You know," he started. "I've never heard of a Performer who mainly focuses on dance, Angel. In Kalos, everyone focuses on beauty and standing out. Bringing dance routines to the stage could make you a really good Performer, and a unique one at that!" he concluded, smiling at Angel.
Eevee silently walked toward Alex and her Chespin and curled up beside them, as if Eevee were to ask them to come and meet the others. She knew from one of the battles that something about Jonathan's Lucario terrified her, but she wanted to reassure her that everything was alright and that Lucario, especially Jonathan's, were pretty friendly once you got to know them.

She nodded, grateful that Jonathan approved. She replied: "Well, people have always considered beauty as a form of art, especially when one's worthy of being painted and almost worshiped. I know I'm beautiful, but everyone will be missing anything about any competitor in this pathway if they just look at everything at face value, which is noticing their beauty, and never see what kind of person they truly are, what dreams they have and their personality and behaviors and quirks. Because of how biased they were back when my mom was trying to be a Kalos Queen, she would've won if she didn't falter from anxiety and ruin her performance. But they thought she was cheating everyone by looking good, and that her past performances were just flukes. If they had knew that she had anxiety, they would've been more understanding and not have been so harsh with her. I have chronic insomnia, and it's impossible for me to get any amount of shut-eye at night, but I'm always falling asleep standing up or during the day. Because of this, it's going to be very difficult to even train to become a Performer, but that never stops from at least trying. I just hope they are going to be more understanding, unlike a generation ago..."

Zorro chirped when he got the high-five and looked toward the Eevee, Chespin, and Alex. He cocked his head, hopped off, and ran toward her. He then sat right in front of Alex and waved his paw, saying hi to her and her Chespin.

OOC: This is random but I saw a thread that had four replies before Stellar beat it up XD

Jonathan was stuck as to what to say, when he suddenly got an idea. "Oh, yeah!" he rushed Jarrel to Sylvia and Angel to Alex. "Jarrel, this is Sylvia, and Angel, this is Alex," he introduced, smiling. "I think you four will get along just fine!" he said, looking at the group dreamily.

Sylvia blinked. "What...?" She had been lost in thought and looked a little bit sleepy. Sylvia hadn't been paying attention at all to what was going on.

Pip rolled his eyes. 'Pay attention, Sylv...' he sighed.

Zorro cocked his head and decided that he wanted sleep. As soon as Angel sat next to Alex, Zorro hopped on her lap and fell into a shallow slumber. He snuggled up against Togetoge, who was loving the soft fur being rubbed against her and held on to it. Angel smiled at Alex and asked: "What is your goal or dream?"

(Alex isn't fighting at the time anymore, because @YourLittleSylvia edited it. But before, it indeed did say Alex)

Alex had blanked out for a while, and wasn't sure what was going on. Maybe she shouldn't be here if that was the case. Another reason she should've given for not traveling with them.

"Sorry, I blanked, what's going on." Alex asked, as she blinked a couple times.

Chespin was just sitting on her head, sleepily.

Angel introduced herself again to Alex, but with an amused smile on her face. She has had accidents involving sleeping when someone was talking and missing a good chunk of a conversation. Then she realizes why she doesn't have many friends... Or at least, anyone patient enough with her. "Hello, my name is Angelia Shayton, but you many call me Angel. This adorable fox is Zorro, my Zorua, and this adorable spike ball in my arms is Togetoge, my baby Togepi. What is your goal or dream?"

Sylvia looked off to where Kai went off. It was clear that she missed her sibling, and that she was sad they left, but to her, now it seemed like Kai was a leaf, floating on the wind, coming and going without warning.

She thought about the message Kai had delivered to her. Her father wishes her luck on her journey. Did he give up on trying to get them back home? What changed his mind? And how was her little sister, coincidentally also named Alex? Well, maybe Sylvia should refer to her with her stage name, Ikaya.

Why did she even use that as a name anyway? It--

'Snap out of it! Meet the new people!' Pip scolded her. Sylvia winced and walked over to them, but, suddenly bashful, she avoided eye contact and stayed behind the group, hoping she was out of sight, but at the same time not.

Zorro, hearing the frustrating penguin, snapped up his head up to look at the shy and embarrassed girl semi-hiding. He cocked his head and hopped off of Angel's lap, and almost making Togetoge cry. Angel held on to her firmly, keeping her warm, as she fell back to sleep. Zorro walked on over to the girl and sat down. He put his paw in the air, as if to say "hello", while he made an adorable chirping noise.

Sylvia blinked and smiled, trying to contain her excitement (unlike usual). "Oh my gosh, is that a Zorua?" she asked. "Hi there, little buddy!"

Pip jumped down from Sylvia's shoulder, landing on his left foot and waved at Zorro. 'Heya. I'm Pip, Sylvia's Piplup. We're from Sinnoh. According to my Trainer, Zorua are typically found in Unova. Are you from Unova?' he asked.

Zorro smiled and nodded at Pip's question. He replied with chirps and yips and they translated to "I'm Zorro, a Zorua. And yes, we are. I'm going to evolve into a cool fox Pokemon one day! I've been with my trainer since she was very little, so I'm quite strong. I've actually never seen the Unova Region, and have lived here in the Kalos Region, until I stowed away on their ride to Alola. So I never got to see my hometown except in picture books."

He looked up at Sylvia and smiled and barking at her happily. He ran around in a circle, looking like he was chasing his tail, and he hopped on his hind feet, raising his front paws in the air.

Sylvia gasped, recognizing the signals from her Pokemon Day Care classes back home and couldn't help it when an, "Awww!" escaped her mouth. She bent down, though without permission of Zorua's Trainer, she couldn't quite pick him up, so instead, she dug around in her bag and gave him a selection of five different-colored Poffins. "Here. The pink ones are sweet, made with Pecha Berries. The red ones are spicy, the green ones are bitter, the blue ones are dry and crunchy--like cookies! And the yellow ones are sour. Take your pick!" she exclaimed, beaming. "And I promise, they don't bite."

Pip grinned. He took the bitter one right out from under Sylvia's nose and swallowed it whole. Sylvia was surprised at first, but gave Pip a scolding glare. "Wha--hey! Pip, that's not nice! Let Zorua choose!"

'It's Zorro, and you know all the bitter ones are mine,' Pip told her.

Sylvia sighed and rolled her eyes playfully. Pip was so weird. Why he loved bitter food so much, Sylvia would never know.

Zorro chuckled at Pip's behavior, taking the Sour Poffin. He then told Pip to tell his trainer, saying: "It's alright if people pick me up. Angel doesn't mind, and she would rather I make human and Pokemon friends. She doesn't have a tight leash on me, like most Pokemon trainers do with mischievous Pokemon like moi~."

He then began to nibble on it a little bit, liking the sour taste. He, surprisingly, didn't get a puckery face, like most people or Pokemon do. He put the whole thing in his mouth and enjoyed the flavor before swallowing and standing up again, wanting to be held. He smiled at Pip, telling him that he didn't like bitter Poffins anyway, and that he could have all of them.

Pip cheered before pretending Sylvia didn't see that he was super-happy all the bitter Poffins were his and translated for Sylvia. Sylvia chuckled. "Well, okay then! Man, if only you'd seen my older sibling! They'd have loved to see you!" Sylvia exclaimed. She frowned for half a second, but quickly brightened and picked Zorua up. "Y'know, I never did get to realize how you create illusions. Do you emit some sort of light that hypnotizes people to make them hallucinate what you want them to see? I mean, I'm pretty sure that's how most illusion-making Pokemon make illusions. Like Mismagius, for instance," Sylvia said. She then paused, realizing she probably sounded strange out of context. "Oh, um, sorry. It's just that I'm a Pokemon Professor-in-training and I'd like to learn a lot more about Pokemon anatomy, Fairy-types, and any general Pokemon info I can get my hands on. Fairy-type data is definitely my main subject, but I'm more than welcome for any other Pokemon facts I find throughout my journey."

Pip smirked. "In other words, Zorro, she's a nerd."

"Hey!" Sylvia exclaimed, giving Pip an incredulous look.

Zorro laughed, and his fluffy, soft coat gleamed in the light as he was picked up. He shook his paw, saying that his trainer was all about those Dark- and Fairy-Types, and that she might be able to help her with her research. As for creating illusions, he told her he has this special psychic ability that allows him to create such illusions. Something in his brain allowed him to create illusions by using his aura to change how things orient themselves and how they show to other people's eyes. Once the illusions were made, they were as real as him or her. Some Zoroarks that transform into humans can speak English because of their understanding of human speech, and he said that his trainer thinks that the Vulpix and the Zorua lines were connected somehow from an ancestor long ago, since they both have some similar powers going on.

Anyway, he also said that he could make himself look like a kid and feel like a kid with one thought, and then back again. He demonstrated this while she was holding him, as his body became more and more human-like until he was just an adorable short kid with black hair and red eyes, with grey shorts, a shirt, and sneakers. He then transformed back, reverting back to his fluffy fox form. He smiled, as the change from fur to skin, and back was probably a strange tactile experience for the professor-in-training. He seemed to love to share himself with other people, as did Angel with herself and the Pokemon Types she adored.

Sylvia's eyes practically turned into bulging pink hearts. She hugged Zorro real tight (but not too tight--she was sensible about that, unlike some other things *coughherlittlesistercoughcough*). "Oh my gosh, you are just the coolest little thing!"

Meanwhile, Pip had had enough and walked away. 'I'm out,' he told Sylvia.

"Wha--but hey, you're my translator!" Sylvia exclaimed.

'And now I'm leaving. You've got a translator of your own, so use it.'

Sylvia sighed and rolled her eyes, placing Zorro back on the ground. "Hold on, it's here somewhere..." Sylvia said, rummaging through her bag again. She pulled out a headband with a speaker on front and wrapped it around Zorro's head, tucking his fur over it. "Okay. This is supposed to read your thoughts and formulate sentences based on them. Try it out," she told Zorro. "It only works when you speak, though."

He looked at the headband and let her put it on. He thought it was a little... Strange, but he decided to give it a shot. He said "I'm Zorro," and funny enough, it worked. He did sound like he had a French-Kalosian accent though. He laughed at his own accent, which got translated into the accent, and he laughed even harder, rolling around on the ground.

Sylvia chuckled. "Hold on, I forgot this one was what my little sister pranked me with. I have the wrong voice-chip in there. Let me fix that," she said, rummaging through her bag in search of her voice chips.

Pip, meanwhile, snickered, but walked away nonetheless. However, suddenly, his right leg began aching insanely. He fell over, suddenly growling in pain and holding his right foot.

Strangely enough, Sylvia did the same. She suddenly lost her balance and bit her lip to keep from crying out. She had her hands on her right ankle, even forming tears in her eyes.

Zorro, snapping out of his laughter, saw the two collapse. He felt bad and he rushed to carry Pip over to her trainer. He then barked at the others to get their attention. With the chip out, his bark wasn't translated, but it was loud enough to cause Togetoge to wince and have a stream of tears. Angel wiped the baby's tears away and walked over to the two, holding Togetoge close to her chest. She had a frown on her face, and she looked saddened by the strange pain spasm. And it was shared... Maybe they both have a condition, or something of that matter. She asked Sylvia, hoping she can hear her and talk through the pain.

"What's happening? How are you two sharing the same pain?" she asked, her voice laced with worry, and not so melodious anymore.

Sylvia whimpered, but she sat upright, digging through her purse and finding her phone. She typed in a message and lt the phone read it out loud.

"It was an accident that happened a long time ago. It happens sometimes. After we wait long enough, it'll go away."

Pip curled up on the ground, biting back the pain. He struggled to open one eye and attempt to give Zorro a cocky smirk. When he did, he winced again, jolting back into his previous position.

Angel, not satisfied with the inability to help, decided to put matters into her own hands. She sat down on her legs and opened up her bedazzled purse. She pulled out a pouch that took up half of the purse's big pocket and she pulled out a tourniquet. Now, she wasn't going to be stopping the blood, like it was meant for, but she laid it out flat on Sylvia's ankle, wrapped it around, and then squeezed, hoping that the pain will at least subside. Since the "tourniquet" was a bandage, it was possible for it to be flat and this won't cause her ankle to lose blood. Hopefully. Zorro sped to her purse, pulled out a tinier bandage, and took it to Pip, wrapping it around his webbed foot and pulling with his paw and teeth.

Sylvia angrily refused her help, typing into her phone again.

"Stop. It's surprising and stupid, I know, but once the pain subsides--which WILL happen, you just need to be patient--then I can explain every--" She was interrupted by even more pain, but she refused any help from Angel. Sure, the effort was appreciated, but it wasn't needed.

Sylvia would know. She's tried it all.

Angel sighed and stuffed the bandages back in the pouch and the pouch back in her purse. She waited for the pain to subside, really upset that she couldn't do anything to help. Zorro watched with his ears down and his tail drooping, upset that he couldn't help, either.

After a few grueling minutes, Sylvia and Pip were finally able to breathe normally. They weren't able to walk, still, but at least now it didn't hurt to stay still.

Sylvia sighed. "Time for some explanations," she said. "So Pip and I've been friends ever since I started my adventure in Sinnoh, right? Well, I traveled with a couple of people and stuff--wait, that's not important. Um, so this one time, Pip and I were fighting Roark in Oreburgh City for the Coal Badge. During our first fight, Roark's Cranidos bashed Pip and sent him flying. I leapt to catch him, but at the time, twisted my ankle. I don't know why, but I haven't been able to recover from it completely. And as Pip and I hung out more and more often, we started taking part in fights where I would literally join in. Since then, we've been feeling the same kind of pain. We can tell each others' emotions and we're empathetic towards one another, but at this point, it's become a bond too tight to sever. Now, occasionally, we have pains in our right ankles together. I have painkillers, but sometimes they stop working," she explained. Then, sighing, she added, "When Pip and I fight, we share pain--physical, spiritual, emotional, mental, everything. That's part of the reason why we rarely partake in battles. My siblings both figured this out in a three-way battle royale we once had back home. It's why Kai never asks me to battle them anymore."

Sylvia and Pip exchanged sad glances and sighed simultaneously.

Angel sighed with them and smiled, happy to have been able to understand. "Well, I'm so sorry about those events that had taken place. Zorro and I do have a bond that's pretty close, but it happens when we dance. Anyway, are you feeling any better? Are you able to walk? Probably not, from what just happened, but... Worth to ask," she giggled a bit at that last bit, but it sounded more like she was trying to clear her throat because it was kind of nervous. Zorro hopped about and walked over to Pip. He snuggled up against Pip, letting him in on his soft, comforting fur. He curled up and fell asleep, wanting to at least help him feel better.

Togetoge, feeling that people weren't happy, finally looked over to Sylvia. She made a soft cooing noise, and Angel looked down, smiling. She set her Pokemon on the ground, and she shambled on over to Sylvia, not used to walking on her stubby legs. She walked over and her shell began to glow. With that, she started to hop in place and make cute trilling noises, spreading happiness and joy for everyone nearby, as showers of sparkles leave her body and envelope everyone nearby. Angel chuckled at her adorable companion's attempt at trying to make them feel better.

Sylvia gasped and giggled, hugging Togetoge. "Aww! Who's this little fellow?" she asked, suddenly happy.

Pip, meanwhile, blushed, attempting to snuggle up against Zorro as well, but causing both Sylvia and himself to flinch from the sudden movement in the process. Sylvia glanced at Pip and smirked as she realized what was going on. Pip reddened and avoided Sylvia's eye contact, making her giggle even more.