• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey In Kalos! (Reboot)

Hey! This is a reboot of my deleted thread, "A Journey with Ryan"

If you want, you can be a character from the Pokemon Anime

Here is how to introduce your character

Name:
Appearance:
Goals:
Pokemon (maximum of 3 to start):
Backstory:

Here is mine!

Name: Ryan
Personality: bubbly, determined, relaxed, tomboyish, and easily irritated
Appearance: Ryan has long blond hair, that goes down to here spine, and is always in a Ponytail. She wears a dark blue t-shirt, and a black, sleeveless, unzipped sweatshirt. She wears tan cargo shots, and black and white, converse hightops. She has light brown eyes, light skin, and a dark blue backpack.
Goals: To catch every Pokemon in the world, become Kalos Queen, and to become champion of all regions. She is also looking for travel buddies.
Pokemon (minimum of three to start): Chespin
Backstory: Ryan comes from a long line of trainers with Telekinesis, but she is the only one without it.

The rules are very strict. Follow them and enjoy the role play, or break them and get thrown out. The choice is yours...

No swearing, or any other bad words. Farthest you can go is Flipping. Yes, that's not far.
No controlling others
No legendaries, Z rings, or Mega rings, without authorized permission
I allow romance, but nothing inappropriate.
No inappropriate actions
No controlling others Pokemon in battle, or any other scene
Do NOT ask to join on this thread. Please ask on the discussion thread.
No Fakemon, or fan made Pokemon

ASK TO JOIN ON THE LINK BELOW PLEASE!
Discussion link : https://pokecharms.com/threads/a-journey-in-kalos-reboot-discussion.16607/

Enjoy!

Ryan was jogging to the Professors Lab in Lumious City, hoping she'd get to choose the Pokemon she had planned, and when she arrived at the Lab, she raced inside, and stopped to take a breath of air. Then the Professor came out. "Hello! You must be Ryan! The name's Sycamore!" the Professor, apparently Sycamore, had said. "I have three Pokemon you can choose from. Chespin, Fenniken, and Froakie." he said, tossing three Pokeballs into the air, as the three Pokemon flew out. Ryan walked over to the cutest one in her mind, Chespin, and pet it on the head. The Chespin smiled, which made Ryan pick it up, and state that it was the on she wanted. Professor Sycamore nodded, and Ryan received her six Pokeball and Pokedex, and she smiled in joy, as she started to walk out.

Last edited:
"Alright buddy, it's time to begin our journey to be the best! Our path to glory begins today"

Zane was busy hyping himself and his partner Charmander in front of a window of a store near the professor's lab. Out of the reflection Zane saw a girl and her Chespin walk out of the lab.

"Why don't we go introduce ourselves?" Zane said with a smile as Charmander nodded and the two walked up to the girl and her Chespin.

Ryan looked at a boy with his Charmander, and smiled at them.

"Why hello there! I'm Ryan, and this is my partner, Chespin!" Ryan announced, holding out Chespin.

"Nice to meet you. Name's Zane and this is my partner Charmander. Future Kalos League Champions at your service." Zane said with a big grin, matched by his Charmander. Both filled with confidence as they made their declaration.

"I think your mistaken. The future Champion is a girl, that's looking at you." Ryan said, smiling, and putting her Chespin on her shoulder, who smirked at the duo before them.

Zane grin's grew even wider.

"A rival huh? Excellent! No fun getting to the mountain top if there isn't someone trying to knock you off it. You agree buddy?" Zane said to Charmander, who his partner a nod as it faced the Chespin with a look of pure determination.

Chespin jumped off of Ryan's shoulder, and growled playfully at it.

Ryan giggled at this, and picked him back up, and asked, "I need some company, rival, would you like to join me?"

"Of course. Just cause we're rivals doesn't mean we can't travel together. Thank you for the offer." Zane said with a smile. Meanwhile Charmander tried to act like the cool guy and gave the Chespin the "talk to the hand" pose. Even more than his partner, Charmander had an ego perhaps a size to big for its body.

Ryan giggled, as she saw the Charmander and his pose, but Chespin got mad, jumped off Ryan's shoulder again, and growled at Charmander again, this time, not playing around.

"Chespin, enough." Ryan scolded her partner, as she put a hand in between him and Charmander.

Aspen ran down the streets of Lumiose City, dodging pedestrians, taxis, and even the occasional Gogoat carrying a tourist. She was chasing her Quilava, who had run off with a Lumiose Galette that the Trainer had purchased. Behind her, a Riolu ran more carefully, for in its arms was a blue Pokemon egg with white cloud-looking things. Quilava looked backwards at Aspen, who was closing the gap between them, and ran full-force into a girl, who seemed to be trying to prevent a brawl between a Chespin and a Charmander. Aspen caught up and scooped the mischievous Fire type up into her arms, then looked back to the girl. "Sorry about that," she apologized. "I'm Aspen, by the way." Riolu caught up and began to scold Quilava, who shrugged unashamedly and gulped down the pastry it had snatched.

"Charmander, knock it off." Zane said before he turned to the newcomers.

"And my name's Zane. Nice to meet you." Zane said with a big grin, though he did keep an eye on Charmander to make sure it didn't try to tick off their Pokemon as well.

Ryan nodded, and pet Chespin even more.

"So what brings you here?" Ryan asked the newcomers.

Ryan looked at their Pokemon, admiring there ever so delicate personality.

Name: Blue Age: 10 (soon I will be 11) Personality: curious, helpful, never gives up Appearance: short blond hair, glasses, light blue shirt, blue jacket, blue jeans and brown shoes Goals: be the best trainer, complete the pokedex, have a big link with his pokemon Pokemon: Froakie, Fletchling and ralts Backstory: Blue was a boy with a lot of dreams and a big interest in water type pokemon Blue was running to professor's lab in Lumious city. When he arrived, the proffesor said- Hello! you must be Blue, well I want you to pick one of this three pokemon- He took three pokeballs and he opened them- These pokemon are Froakie, the water type, Chespin, the grass type, and Fennekin, the fire type- said the professor. Blue was about to choose Chespin, but he decided to choose Froakie, after he chose, the professor gave him five pokeballs and a pokedex, an electronic encyclopedia. After that, Blue started his pokemon adventure with his Froakie.

Jared sat, outside the Lumiose City Gym, slumped against the door. It was locked, and apparently the young Gym leader wasn't currently there. He huffed, and looked at his partner Kai, who was examining a group of people outside. This was just his luck, he's ready to begin his journey, and the nearest gym leader is in vacation or something.

A fresh gust of wind greeted Jax's and Crescent's faces as he slid open the door to the currently-moving electric train. Crescent gave a quick nudge to her trainer, and she pointed in the direction opposite of where they'd entered the car from. Upon looking over there himself, Jax saw what got her attention. Two guards. "Get him!" One of the guards shouted. Jax gave a stupid grin, before giving a mock two-fingered salute and saying "It's been a pleasure gents, but I must take my leave. Later!" And with that, the dark-skinned teen jumped out of the train, his partner right behind him. The two landed on a nearby building. "Great timing, as always." Jax quipped, to which Crescent rolled her eyes and nudged her trainer onward. "Sheesh, I'm goin', I'm goin'." He said, as they moved to a fire escape on the side of a building.

After they made their way down, Jax checked his PokeGear, a gift he'd picked up from some rich jerk back in Goldenrod a couple years back. "Ah, jeez. We need a new map card if we wanna get a map of Kalos." Jax groaned, before spotting a group of trainers conversing nearby. One of them had a Quilava, and as much as he didn't like to assume things, it made it very likely she was from Johto. So, at least there was a small chance Jax could get some help. "Yo!" He called to the trainers, and walked towards them, still carrying his smile. "Would any of you happen to know where I could get a Kalos map card?"

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Blue64 has been removed from this RP as their posts had absolutely nothing to do with anyone else's posts, were entirely a random doing his own thing (that is NOT RPing) and also included various references that make absolutely no sense within an actual RP environment. In a realistic-ish pokemon world setting, no one would be talking about 'HP'. You are not in the games.

Aspen acknowledged the newcomer, not having a Map Card either. "I need to get one myself, since I just moved here from Johto," she told him, "I think the Pokemon Center has them." Quilava seemed curious about the Trainer's Absol. It walked up and greeted the white-furred Pokemon cheerfully. Riolu stayed by Aspen's side, not wanting to provoke anyone and wind up with a Pokemon omlette on its face.

Diox woke up that day when he overheard his father talking to a Trainer named Ryan about the three Kalos starters. As she chose Chespin, he nudged Rocky, his Chesnaught, and pointed at the Chespin. That was how they had first met. He walked out to greet her and saw her with another trainer. He and Rocky approached them. "Hello there!"

(Guys! I said start with at least THREE Pokemon! No more! And Arsenal! I said you could join a couple minutes ago! Not an hour!)

Ryan also turned to the newcomer, and shrugged at his arrival. Chespin jumped out of Ryan's grasp, and clicked his sharp 'toenails' on the ground, making a sort of tap sound.

"Good to see a fellow Johto native." Jax said. As Aspen's Quilava greeted Crescent, the Disaster Pokemon studied the Fire-Type. She'd seen the species before, as that was usually the stage Johto Starters were in by the time they reached Goldenrod, but she'd never actually talked to one. After a moment, Crescent returned the greeting with a warm smile. "So, the Pokemon Center, huh? Great, just need to find that. Any idea where that might be?" Jax inquired. While the city definitely did interest Jax, he'd spent enough time in big cities for now. He heard a voice call to them, and turned around to see a trainer with a species of Pokemon he hadn't seen back in Johto. From what he read from the brochure, it might have been a Chesnaught, the final form of the Grass starter for Kalos, which the other girl had by her side. "Hey." Jax returned the greeting.

"The Pokemon Center is actually really close! If you go across the street, it's 2 blocks down. Follow me!" Ryan said, motioning with her hand for them to follow.

She walked across the road, stopping and sweating when a speeding taxi drove by, and kept walking.

"Hey wait for me!" Zane called out to Ryan, following his newfound traveling companion across the busy streets. Charmander did its best to keep pace with its partner.

Don't think they're is going to be a dull moment...

Ryan waited for a second, before turning her back to face him, and motioning to follow again. With that, she ran and dashed into the doorless Pokemon Center.

"Hurry up!" Ryan said with a smile, poking her head out of the Center.

She ducked her head back in, and sat down, waiting for her new friends.

"Get back here," Jerad shouted as he chased after a scruffy looking teenager who held a purse in his hand. The teenager made a break for the Pokemon Center, sliding inside. Jared followed suit, and dove at the teen's legs toppling him over.

Jared snatched the purse out of the teens hands and turned to face a middle aged woman who had scurried in behind the two boys. He stuck the purse out and said, "Here is your purse ma'am."

"Thank you Jerad," she said receiving it, and then turning to take her lead. As soon as she was gone, the teen who stole the purse slink away before Jerad shot him and angry look. Then the boy ran.

Kai, who had been watching from a distance walked over to Jerad and pointed to his backpack. Jerad nodded and squatted down and opened the bag. After a few seconds of shuffling through it, he pulled out a container of Pokemon food and handed it to Kai, who eagerly tore it open to eat what was inside.

"I'm here...I'm here..." Zane said to Ryan, panting a little from running. This girl had energy if nothing else. Charmander tried to play it cool, taking a deep breathe and pretending it wasn't tired.

As they ran off to the Pokemon Center, Diox groaned. He and Chesnaught sprinted after them swiftly and rushed into the Center. After all their training, that sprint wasn't even a sweat! He went into the Center and started making small talk with Nurse Joy, waiting for the others to show up.

Ryan nearly barfed in her mouth when she saw the one Pokemon eat, what she thought, was Pokemon food. Then she turned to Zane, and said,

"So do you need to use the restroom before we head?"

Last edited:
"Sure! Just give me a sec, be done in a flash...try not to make a scene Charmander." Zane said before he dashed to the restroom. Charmander turned to Ryan with a look of curiosity.

"Charmander, I'm going to tell you a secret." Ryan said. She leaned closer to Charmanders ear, and whispered, "I feel like you and Chespin will be good friends." Unluckily, Chespin heard this, and jumped back.

The others finally reached the Pokemon Center. Diox approached them and said, "I didn't get to formally introduce myself. I'm Diox, and this is Rocky." Rocky muttered and waved at them.

A lone boy sat in the pokemon centre's lounge, quietly observing the the scene from afar. Kemen had always travelled solo, having never found the right people to travel with, though he imagined that it would be fun, if a little stressful.

He kept to himself as he finished the last of a baguette, with some olive oil.

Jax finally made his way to the Pokemon Center, Crescent in tow. "Thanks. I appreciate it." He said, before going over to Nurse Joy. "'Scuse me, but can I get a Kalos Map Card for my PokeGear?" He asked, to which Nurse Joy handed him one. "Thank you. Now we can sit down for a minute." Before Jax even had a chance to move, Crescent bounded over to the couch and laid down.

"C'mon Kai," Jared said, once the Sneasal had finished his lunch. The Dark and Ice type, happily rubbed his belly, and licked his lips. Kai, then frowned and pointed to the other Pokeball at his waist that he had not touched. "Thanks, I almost forgot about Juliet. It seems I'm not used to having a second Pokémon," he mumbled rubbing his left hand through his hair, while he grappled the Pokeball off the clip with his other.

He released Juliet and gave the Fletchling her food, who ate it more gingerly.

Charmander didn't look like it bought that, but still it kept a smile for Ryan's sake. Zane emerged from the bathroom.

"Finished. Anything you'd like to do first before we head out?" Zane asked Ryan.

"I'm Ryan." Ryan said to Diox, holding out her hand, with a large toothy smile.

Ryan was so pleased that she had met two friends already. She looked around the Pokemon Center. She saw a couple boys on the couch, and another boy, who was still feeding his Pokemon, and once again, gagged, put didn't make any noise, trying to keep her opinions to herself. Then she saw Zane walk her way.

"I have nothing else to do, except for one thing...battle me! It will bring great practice to both of us!" Ryan said, excitedly, twirling around, as she stepped outside of the Pokemon Center.

Zane gave a smirk as he followed Ryan outside.

"I'm always ready for a battle, ready Charmander?" Zane asked as Charmander stepped forward, ready for battle.

Kemen observed the absol carefully from afar, unsure of how, or if he should approach the creature. He assumed that it was someone else's Pokemon, so he assumed that it was best to just leave it alone.

"Let's do this buddy, me and you together." Ryan said, motioning for her Chespin to step onto the battlefield.

Chespin did so, letting out a mighty 'Ches!' before showing to folded up hands, resembling fists.