• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey In Kalos! (Reboot)

"Alright, let's start with Ember!" Zane called out as Charmander fired a few shots of small fireballs right at the Chespin, looking to deal a super effective blow right at the start.

"Jump!" Ryan commanded to Chespin, as it jumped up.

"Now use tackle!" Ryan said, as Chespin flung down from his position, and charged at Charmander.

Ryan knew that Vine Whip wouldn't do much, so she assumed her best bet was tackle.

The Chespin landed a clean shot and knocked Charmander back, Charmander took a moment to shake out the cobwebs and gave Zane a nod to show it was still willing to fight.

"Alright, use Scratch!" Zane called out as Charmander charged the Chespin and looked to deliver a slash with its claws.

"Chespin, use your vines to protect yourself!" Ryan said, as her eyebrows went down, into a worried look. Chespin did so, and the scratch cut through his vines, which did hit Chespin, giving his a couple cuts. Chespin didn't like the stinging, which cut him off, and Ryan said, "Hang in there, buddy, tackle, again!" Chespin did so, but the sting in his arm, caused him to fumble around, as he stumbled, kind of charging, at Charmander.

"Dodge it!" Zane called out, which Charmander did due mostly to Chespin's weak arm slowing it down.

"Use Scratch one more time." Zane called out, since it worked so well last time. Charmander charged looking to deliver another blow with its claws.

(OOC: Aaagh, I wasn't getting alerts!!!)
Aspen got her own map card and watched Zane and Ryan battle. Quilava began to blaze up with excitement at the fight, while Riolu sat on a bench with the egg. Aspen chuckled and sat down with her Fighting-type pal. "You're definitely gonna be a great parent," she assured it. Riolu smiled, then looked back at the battle. Aspen could tell that it wanted to fight as well. "Why don't we set that down some--" she started, but Riolu cut her off.
"Olu, Ri," it said. The egg began to shake quite a bit.
"Huh...Alrighty then," Aspen said. Talk about overprotective.

Chespin saw Charmander charging, and immediately panicked, jumping on top of Charmander's face, trying to stop it. Ryan felt embarrassed, then smiled, and said, "Great strategy! Now hold him down with Vine whip!" Chespin looked at her, not worried, but confident in himself. He then did as was told, hoping it would work.

As Jax made his way over to the couch, Crescent noticed the ongoing battle and decided she was more interested in that. Jax sighed as his partner stood once more and bounded outside. He followed his partner, and decided to keep his focus on the battle as well. "Are all of you traveling together?" He asked the trainer with the Quilava. They were all together when Jax came across them, so it wouldn't be unreasonable.

Charmander was blinded as Chespin jumped on its face, and couldn't move its arms because Chespin wrapped its vines around its body. Zane looked on with alarmed surprise.

"Charmander! Shake it off!" Zane said, as Charmander wobbled and ran around trying to shake the Chespin off, but its efforts were quite futile. The image was probably rather comical to an outside observer.

"Throw him around!" Ryan said, as her battle idea clicked into her mind. Chespin pulled the vines with Charmander off the ground with some effort, and swung them over his head, then letting go of Charmander. Idea was to fling it onto the ground, so it would lose health.

Kemen followed the absol outside, only for it to lead him to a large group, all of whom were watching a battle.

"It seems I've been lead to quite the commotion," he commented cordially, fussing with his sleeve.

Charmander landed on the ground with a thud.

"Are you okay?" Zane asked Charmander, who was a little slow to get up and had some bruises, but gave a nod showing it still had plenty of fight in it.

"You're good Ryan, gonna have to step up my game. Charmander spin and use Ember!" Zane called out as Charmander began to spin around at a rapid pace and launched countless Ember attacks; firing in all directions. Zane had hope this would prevent Chespin from being able to dodge it.

Poppy saw the battle and sighed. To many People, why are they here? She thought.
"Zor-Zorua!" her Zorua, Topaz, charged towards the battle. Poppy ran after it. Topaz ran into the middle of the crowd and attacked the Chespin with fury swipes.

Chespin jumped back from the attacking Zorua, and climbed atop its trainer, shivering. Ryan pat it reassuringly on the head, calming it down, and gave a look to Zane, saying, "Continued later."

Ryan looked at the Zorua, mad, and looked around sternly for its trainer. "Anyone lose their Zorua?" she shouted, as she put Chespin on her shoulder, who felt calm, and stopped shivering.

"It's fine, just try to keep her under control." Ryan said, in the nicest way possible. "Would you like to watch me and Zane battle?" Ryan asked, as she put a hand on her hip, and the other upright, as if she were holding something invisible.

Ryan turned her attention to Nathan, as she saw his Pokemon handing out plates with sandwiches on them. "Thanks, Nathan! I am famished." Ryan said, as she took a massive bite out of her sandwich, and gave the rest to Chespin, who gladly ate the rest.

"Karate Chop!" A burly man commanded as his large Machoke smacked Kai, with a powerful chop, that knocked him away. Jared ran outside to see that Kai had wandered outside watching a battle between trainers to run into the older brother of the kid Jared had caught stealing. Kai slame against a tree trunk, instantly knocking him out, and causing the tree to shake.

Juliet fluttered by Jared's head. "C'mon Juliet," Jared said as the man turned to give him a sharp toothed grin.

"You're the guy who picked on my brother. Well now I get to pick on you." He said cracking his knuckles ominously.

Jared gpared at the man, and said, "If it's a fight you want, then you got one. Juliet use Peck!" The Fletchling fluttered and charged at the muscular pokemon jabbing it with her sharp beak. Machine didn't even flinch, and it seemed his attacks were doing nothing.

Jax looked over, to where a big, burly man with his Machoke seemed to be messing with someone else and his Pokemon. He guessed it was another Kalos native. "What seems to be the problem here? Is a big ol' bully being mean?" Jax asked, his hands behind his head with a mischievous grin on his face. "Crescent, do me a favor girl?" Crescent looked to her trainer. "Teach this man a lesson, I'm thinkin' start it off with a Psycho Cut." Crescent's grin grew to match her trainer's, before she leaped into the air and launched a Psycho Cut attack at the man's Machoke.

(OOC: Sorry, had chores.)
Aspen saw the Trainer from before walk over. "To be honest, I didn't really ask," she told him, then saw someone harassing someone else. Quilava was in there in a flash, going after the Machoke with a Flame Wheel, which might not have been the best move choice.

Jax gave Aspen a grateful nod, not realizing her Quilava had acted on it's own, before facing the large man once more. "Now, I recommend you bounce before your Pokemon gets hurt more." Jax said. "Or, we could just use our Pokemon's moves on you." He threatened, cracking his knuckles and giving the man a toothy grin. "Your choice, bub."

Natasha left the pokemon center,with fennekin under her arms,but fennekin jumped and run to the people who where eating,as Natasha noticed and she run after fennekin and picked up her fennekin."sorry,is just that she likes to run away once she hears something"she said as she turned so she could leave

"Sounds good to me, we could use something to eat." Zane said, accepting Nathan's offer and taking a couple of sandwiches. One for himself and another for Charmander.

Elinoir was walking to the battlefield behind the Pokemon Center. She was still reading her book while walking with Jewel, often her Pokemon flew in front to get Elinoir's attention so she can watch her surroundings.
"Misdreavus!" Jewel looked slightly annoyed having to do this.
"Sorry, Jewel. Guess it's an unhealthy habit to walk while reading," Elinoir decided to put her book down. "I don't even know why we're back here. Weren't we trying to get something to eat?" The Misdreavus gave a glare of disappointment and irritation.
"Don't give me that look. You've known me since childhood, you should know I'm often distracted," Elinoir mumbled in response. "Let's just go find the nearest cafe." They walked around to the Pokemon Center's front.

Machoke grimaced as he was hit with the two back to back attacks. The Pokemon was clearly hurt, but the man took no notice of it.

"Okay kids calm down. I only got beef with this kid right there," He said pointing to Jerad. "He bullied my little bro. I can't stanD for that."

"He stole a woman's purse. I had to stop him." Jerad interjected.

"Stole, smole. It doesn't matter what he was doing."

Poppy saw the girl Natasha turn away. Her Zorua took off again and this time ran up to the girl and started yapping to the Fennekin in the Girls arms. Poppy walked over to her and picked up zorua again.
"Sorry, Want to hang out?" Poppy asked quietly

Aspen looked at the man like he was the biggest idiot she had ever seen. "It actually does matter," she said, "That would mean that your brother was technically bullying someone and this guy," she jerked her thumb towards Jared, "was sticking up for her. Now you're just being a jerk to him. Case closed."

"I gotta give you respect for stickin' up for your brother. However, the lady's right, bub. Your brother's in the wrong here. Your Machoke's hurt, so you should back down." Jax agreed. "I wasn't kidding about just attacking you instead, either. I recommend you think very carefully before you do something else."

Chespin finished off his sandwich, while he and Ryan stood up. Ryan wiped the crumbs from her pants, and looked over to Zane. "We can finish our battle on the road. Let's get our Pokemon healed, and head out, okay?" Ryan asked, as she grabbed the straps of her backpack, looking on at Zane.

"Sounds like a plan." Zane said with a grin, he and Charmander finished eating and ready to head out.

"After you." Zane said to Ryan, letting her take the lead.

Ryan had her Chespin healed, and grabbed Zane's wrist, as she pulled him along the concrete sidewalk. "I want to battle Clemont, the gym leader!" Ryan exclaimed, as she let go of his hand, and dashed to the tall tower, in the Center of the city. "Hurry up!" she shouted, as she looked behind her shoulder.

"Hey wait for me!" Zane called out, chasing after Ryan with Charmander right be his side as they tried to keep pace with Ryan.

She sure has a lot of energy...

Ryan stopped in front of the tower. "Here it is..." she stared in awe. "Come on, hurry!" she said, as she continued to run to the entrance. But when she arrived, it was locked. "Dang..." Ryan said, looking to the floor. Then she turned to Zane. "What other towns have gyms?" she asked him, as her facial expression filled with hope. Then Ryan heard Nathan, the boy who gave her food. "Locked..." she said to him, a look of desperation on her face.

Elinoir ended up wandering the city, then noticed the tower. A girl dashed past her and Jewel, shouting. "What's with her?"
Jewel pointed at the tower, looking intrigued, "Misdreavus!"
"Hm?" She'd look at the tower and nod, "Oh, right. That's the city's gym..."
Her Misdreavus nipped at Elinoir's bag, trying to pull her toward's the gym. "You want to look there instead of eating? What about Beta?" Jewel didn't seem to care, "Mis. Drea. Vus."
"Fine. Fine, I had some food that could last us a few hours anyway. We'll go ahead."
Her Pokemon cheered in excitement.
How do we even get along?

"I think Santalune City has a gym. I think we should go there." Zane said, offering his own suggestion. Charmander gave a nod in agreement.

"Sound good to you?" Zane asked Ryan.

"Agreed!" Ryan said happily, as she was just about to dash off again. Then she stopped, and turned to Nathan. Would you like to join us?" she asked him, as she tilted her head. Chespin jumped on her shoulder, and smiled at Nathan, saying, "Chess, pin, pin!" Ryan looked at her partner with a close eyed smile, and looked back at Nathan.

Jewel floated off looking around the tower's base. One minute the ghost was looking at some poor trainer's Diggersby (which scared both the trainer and the Diggersby itself), next it was looking at a group of Fletchling.
"Jewel!?" Elinoir couldn't keep tracking of the hyperactive ghost. "Can't she just stay still for one minute?"
The Misdreavus flew into the Gym's lobby.
"Please don't scare someone again..."

"You do contests as well!" Ryan said, cheerily, as she bounced on her tip toes. Ryan then threw an arm to the side, put a hand on her hip, and dramatically threw a foot to the side, so she could put her body weight one leg. "Your looking for trouble against me." Ryan said, with a playfully dangerous tone in her voice.