• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A 50's Pokemon Journey

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Elise smiled genuinely and nodded. She watched as the other two left in an excited rush, and looked back to Susan. "Well, I suppose we should head out too, right?" She stood to leave, stretching her long, thin limbs as she did. "So, where would like t-" She began as they headed for the door, only to be interrupted and scared white as they pass by just in time to catch Preston running right into the wall while chasing his Murkrow. You could physically see here soul leave her body for a moment at how off guard she was taken. She shook her head and pulled herself back together. "Oh my, are you okay?" She asks, looking worriedly at Preston. "That sounded like it hurt."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie quickly encountered her first Pokémon as well, although in a way which was much more unorthodox. A brown blur soon appeared from the bushes, crashing into Allie and bowling her over. She face planted into the ground.
When she lifted her head, an Eevee was standing in front of her. This wasn’t Sarah’s Eevee, as Sarah still had her Eevee with her.
The Eevee took a battle stance in front of Zelda. “Ee-veee!”
Zelda looked startled. ‘You want to.. battle me?’ She flinched when the Eevee nodded, glancing at Allie for assistance.
Allie nodded. “Well, if it’s a battle this Eevee wants, it’s a battle she’ll get! Zelda, go!"

Zelda got in front of Eevee. She looked slightly nervous, but ready.
"Okay Zelda, let's start this off with Calm Mind and Fairy Wind!"
While using Fairy Wind, Zelda began to meditate. The Fairy Wind formed a vortex around her and lifted her into the air.
The Eevee looked a little bit impressed, but didn't hesitate to attack. Stars formed on her tail as she used Swift, and fired it at Zelda.
"Try to dodge it, Zelda! Break the Calm Mind!"
Zelda's eyes flashed open, as she cast the Fairy Wind towards the stars. It hit the Swift and blasted the stars to tiny sparkles.
Eevee's eyes narrowed, and she charged forward, her body cloaked in a white glow.
"That's Quick Attack! Endure it, then use Confusion!"
Zelda took the attack and winced, and immediately began to use Confusion. The psychic energy manifested into a pink orb, which enveloped Eevee. The attack was boosted by the Calm Mind from before, making it more powerful.
Eevee was clearly weakened by the attack, but she decided not to attack again. She looked very impressed, and stared at Allie. "Ee-vee-vee."
'She said that she believes we're quite powerful, and wants us to give her all we've got,' Zelda translated.
Allie smiled. "You've got spirit, don't you! Zelda, use Hyper Voice!"
This was Zelda's current most powerful move, that they hadn't quite mastered. However, she decided to give it a shot. She sang a very high note, as loudly as possible. Her voice turned into a powerful wave of energy, blasting into Eevee. Eevee was blown into a nearby tree.
Eevee got up, smiling. She trotted up to Allie, batting at her bag.
Allie tilted her head. "My bag?"
Eevee grew frustrated, and gestured to the bag again.
Allie got the message, and opened it. Eevee dug through the contents momentarily, before finding an empty Pokeball that she had been given earlier. Eevee gestured to it eagerly.
Allie's grin grew wider. "You want to come with us?"
Eevee nodded vigorously. "Veeeee!"
Allie took the Pokeball, and offered it to Eevee. Eevee tapped the button with her paw, and was immediately sucked into the ball.
The ball shook once... twice... three times.
Click.
Allie smiled, picking up the Pokeball. "Come on out, Eevee!"
Eevee popped out of her Pokeball, eagerly. "Veevee!"
Allie kneeled down to Eevee's level. "I think I'll call you Eve, is that okay?"
Eevee nodded, and suddenly hopped onto Allie's head. "Vee-ee!"
Allie laughed. "Well, you're certainly not shy at all."

Susan closed her eyes and tilted her head to the side, a blue sweat drop could be seen. "I think so... Um, hey you with the Murkrow! Preston was it? Are you all right? Give a thumbs up if you are all right!" She said to Preston. She then turned to Elise and said, "Once he's ok, we'll go to Viridian Forest, there is a pokemon that I want to catch there."

Sarah opened her bag to get one of the treats that she saves especially for this buneary. Butwhat she did not count on was an eevee not her own run past her and knock her bag over. Buneary saw this and came over to help. The first thing she did was pick up the jar of treats that Sarah was looking for. "Thank you buneary. I have one especially for you." Sarah smiled at the bunny pokemon and twisted the lid off the jar. She took one os the treats out and held it in her hand for her. "Here you go girl. They are fresh I just made them this morning." Buneary took the treat and ate it happily. She then noticed one of Sarah's pokeballs that fell on the ground. She picked it up and handed it Sarah. Sarah held the pokeball in her hand and went to go and put it back in her bag when Buneary tapped the button and a white light appeared and buneary went into the ball. It clicked once.. Twice... Three.. Then four times... Buneary was caught. Sarah let the bunny out. "I guess you wanted to come with us huh?" Buneary nodded her head and climbed on Sarah's other shoulder. "I think I will name you Lola. I am glad you will be joining me. I would have messed or weekly vists to see each other." Sarah walked over to Allie and saw she was battling an Eevee probably the same one who knocked her over. Oh well it looks like they would be a good team. Sarah started clapping after the ball stopped moving. "I see you got yourself a new pokemon as well. Allie this is Lola, Lola this is Allie." Buneary looked up and smiled at Allie. "Buneary!" With that she waved to her.

Preston sat up, dazed. Some of the other trainers were checking on him.

“Ib okah. Bust hit by bose.”

He rubbed his nose as Sucy landed on Susan’s shoulder, chuckling in her throat.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie waved back. "Nice to meet you!"
She turned to her team, including the newly-caught Eve. "So! Sarah told me that they have Contests in this region. Shall we practice a new routine?"
Rosie and Zelda were instantly enthused. To Allie's surprise, even Eve was quite happy. Allie chuckled.
"Let's try with... Zelda and Eve. Rosie, you'll get a turn later." The two Pokemon came forward, and Rosie waited.
"Okay... what moves do you know, Eve?"
In response, Eve smirked. She immediately summoned a pink energy, which exploded outward and created a powerful glow. Allie smiled widely.
"That's Glitzy Glow! I'm sure we could work with that... Zelda, try a Fairy Wind, will you?"
Zelda nodded, and used Fairy Wind. Eve took the cue and used Glitzy Glow again. The pink energy was sucked into the vortex of Fairy Wind, and exploded in the air, with the pink sparkles of Fairy Wind enhancing the effect.

Krisseon

Elise approached him, her shyness suddenly nonexistant as she checked the damage. "It doesn't look broken, but it looks a little red... I think you'll make a full recovery though." She smiled and giggled along with Sucy. Randie rolled her eyes at the whole scene. She looked back to Susan. "Viridian Forest? Sounds good to me. What pokemon do you want to find?" She looked back at Preston for a moment. "Would you... er," She looked back to Susan for a moment, "er, if it's okay with you, I mean," then looked back to Preston, "like to... join us? If you want?" She looked back to Susan, becoming a little more flustered with every word, "I mean, if it's okay?? But it's okay if it's not okay," back to Preston, "unless you really want to! Ah, I shouldn't have said anything, now I'm annoying everyone! I'm sorry!" She turned around promptly, plopping her face against the wall in shame.

Randie just facepalmed in embarrassment for her.

Susan, although knowing her mother's dislikeing for people that dressed like Preston, nodded and said, "It's fine! I don't mind! The pokemon that I want to catch is a Caterpie, pretty common really. But I really like Butterfree." Although hesitant at first, Susan petted Sucy's breast feathers. They were so soft! She smiled at the dark type, but remained cautious, her mother did tell her stories of dark-types attacking innocents for no reason. Same went for ghost-types.
Blaze barked at Sucy. Sometimes Susan thought that her little Vulpix was a Lillipup.

Krisseon

Elise turned around, looking at the both of them. "Oh... Phew! Okay, I'm glad everyone agrees then." She smiled, regaining herself rather quickly at the news. "So, your name was Preston right? Welcome aboard." She looked at her new traveling companions, feeling a little more confident than before. "Shall we go, then?"

Sarah sat down in the grass and pulled out a notebook and a peincl. She started to draw Zelda and Eve practicing moves. It showed the look of Eve as the sparkles were created. Buneary wanted to join in and started to dance in the pink sparkles. Sarah loved that she did that so she decided to add her to the drawing.

“Yes, my name is Preston Westland. I’m ready to go whenever you guys are.”

Sucy had finally stopped chuckling and was now staring at the sky. It looked like it might begin to drizzle. She flew back to Preston and perched on his head. She gave him back his sunglasses, which he put in his pocket.

Susan stepped forward. "Then let's go to Viridian Forest. There are some pokemon there." Blaze stopped barking at the Murkrow, and wagged her six tails once more. Susan pushed the door to the gym open and pulled out an umbrella. "If the rain will fall, let it fall."

Preston didn’t have an umbrella, but it was only sprinkling just now and his jacket would deflect a lot of the drizzle. Sucy skwawked as a drop fell on top of her head. Viridian forest looked dark. It was also filled with bug types that might give Sucy a bit of trouble, so he was glad that Susan had a Fire type.

Krisseon

Elise followed behind. She rather liked rainstorms and listening to the thunder, so a little drizzle didn't bother her much. As they made their way into the forest, she looked around for a Caterpie for Susan, lifting up rocks and checking bushes willy nilly, humming along the way, when she suddenly felt a small weight on her head. She looked left and right, up and down, but couldn't see the Sewaddle that fell from a tree sitting happily on top of her head. It sat there for a moment, until it slowly started sliding off, and landed right on her shoulder. "Oh," She looked at the small pokemon and smiled. "You weren't really what I was looking for, but it's nice to meet you anyway." The Sewaddle chirped happily, wiggling it's little arms.

Preston also kept an eye out for a Caterpie, but most of the Pokémon were not very active, probably sensing a rainstorm coming. He saw a few Weedle and a few Dewpider and Spinarak were all he saw.

Susan knew where to find the Caterpies. They prefer to stay near the entrance of Viridian City or near the exit near Pewter Town. She looked upwards to see if any Caterpie was trying to stay up there. She thought she saw a small amount of movement. Blaze entered an attack stance and Susan clenched her umbrella tighter. A small green caterpillar came down and Susan let out a sigh of relief.
"Blaze, here we go! Ember!" She shouted as she spun and winked. One of her hand reached outwards while the other held the umbrella. Blaze let out tiny sparks that came straight towards the Caterpie. The Caterpie, having small legs, couldn't dodge the attack. Susan smiled and, getting a bit over-confident, threw a Pokeball. One... two... broken. The Caterpie wasn't done yet. It used string shot and made the Vulpix's legs traped. Now she couldn't run. No matter, Susan called out again, "Ember!" Caterpie was hit once more and Susan threw another Pokeball. One... two... three... caught!

Preston looked back in time to see the capture.

"Congrats! Your first wild capture!"

He walked back in that direction, checking around in the meantime for any pokemon that might be good for him to catch.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie saw the Buneary dancing in the sparkles. She chuckled, enjoying the fact that the Pokemon were having fun.
She thought for a moment, trying to think of a strategy. "What else can you do, Eve?"
Eve did not respond verbally, but instead began to glow a bright blue. Instantly, large icy spikes erupted from the ground.
"Okay, that's a Freezy Frost... not quite perfected, but we can work on that... Zelda, try a Shadow Ball, and Eve, use Freezy Frost."
The Pokemon obeyed, and Zelda fired the shadowy orb at the spikes emerging from the ground. The ball exploded into purple sparkles.
However, Eve seemed to have an idea. She yelled something at Zelda, who seemed to understand. Zelda began to use Fairy Wind, which picked up the sparkles and turned the typical pink vortex into a pink and purple spiral.
"Good idea, Eve!" Allie praised.

Sarah decided that she would paint this later on. She took her notebook and placed back into the plastic bag that she stored them in to keep them safe. She decided to watch Allie practice to see if she could use any of those moves herself.

Krisseon

"Yay!" Elise chimed, highfiving the Sewaddle still purched on her shoulder with her index finger. "Congratulations Susan! I'm so happy for you!"

"That was mighty impressive. Absolutely stunning performance." A smooth voice came from a distance, followed by Glenn making his way through the tall grass. He approached Susan, bowing and offering a proper gentleman's kiss to her hand. "Susan, was it?"

Champ waddled his way out of the much too tall grass with an aggravated huff and smacked a random Weedle off his head.

Susan was stunned as she held out her hand. "Y-yes'" she stuttered. Blaze, still tied up, barked at Susan, who was surrounded with a pink aura. Blaze attempted to chew herself out as a red mark of anger appeared on her forehead, due to her trainer's liking of this new trainer. How could she forget her over this new guy? She used Ember on the String Shot to burn away the strings.

“Glenn! I thought you were going towards Mt Moon!”

Preston walked over to where he and Susan were standing, and tried to help Vulpix get the rest of the sticky strings from its legs. Sucy began cawing loudly.

Krisseon

Elise followed, not wanting to be left out like she always was. She had a weird feeling, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

Glenn smiled seeing his new found friend. "Hey there Preston, it's good to see you again buddy! And you to Sucy, of course." He gave her a friendly pat. "Oh, I had some business to attend to before I could head over. On my way I heard the sounds of a battle, so I came to investigate it." He turned his attention back to Susan, smiling pleasantly at her. "And I'm glad I did."

Susan lifted her kissed hand to her mouth to hide her smile. She uncontrollably blushed. Blaze was not exactly impressed at this trainer. She licked Preston in thanks then walked over to the captured Caterpie's Pokeball and rolled it over to her. She then nosed Susan's leg to get her to focus again. This did not work.

“Hey Susan, your Vulpix is trying to get your attention.”

Sucy flew over to Glenn and perched on his head. She skwawked as it began to rain much harder, drumming on the leaves of the trees overhead. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning struck down nearby, and several small insects began to glow. They absorbed the electric shock and turned blue, morphing and changing until with a burst of light, three Galvantula stood, glaring at the party.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie thought for a moment. "Eve... you used Quick Attack during that battle. Try using that while Zelda uses Shadow Ball."
Zelda fired the shadowy orb once again, but purposely made it weaker so that it wouldn't harm Eve. Eve used Quick Attack and crashed into the ball, giving her a shadowy aura momentarily.
"That's something! Maybe we could train that Quick Attack into Double-Edge to make it faster.." she thought out loud. "Do you know Double-Edge?"
Eve tilted her head. She charged forward, obviously trying to use the move, but it looked more like a faster Quick Attack.

Sarah looked at Allie and her pokemon. She decided to try a few moves as well. She walked away so she could have room to work.

Lola and Eevee followed Sarah to the spot she walked to. "Ok guys lets try to do a few moves to see what we can come up with for contest. Lola lets start with you. I want to see what moves you know."

Lola charged up her attack and her fist started to crackle with electric power. She released the energy and electricity shot from her punch.

"Hey you know thunder punch. Hey Eevee you remember that one move that grandma taught you?" Eevee nodded her head. "Good lets try it. Eevee I want you to send a shadow ball at Lola and Lola I want you to use thunder punch on the ball." Lola and eevee noded. The got a few yards away from one aother. "Ok now lets try this."

Eevee sent a shadow ball to Lola. Lola hit the fast moving ball up in the air with a charged up fist of electricity. The shadow ball shot up in the air and bounced around before going up really high in the air and shattered into what looked like black shiny glitter. It rained down on both pokemon. Lola loved the effect she start to twirl and dance in falling sparkles. "Well done you two. That was great if we work on it some more maybe we can add a bit of routine to the move."

Susan got frightened at the electric-bug types. She let out a high pitched scream that sent all of the Pidgey flying off. Blaze stood in front of her trainer, ready to fight for her. Tears in her eyes, Susan nodded at Blaze, who used Ember at the spiders.

The Embers hit the Galvantula, but the rain seemed to have an effect similar to Water Sport and the attack fizzled out some. Preston was startled by these threatening looking Pokémon, but he guessed they were bug types.

“Sucy, Peck!”

Sucy kawed and her beak began to glow. She flew up and dived at one of the Galvantula. It hit, but the electricity spider knocked her to the ground with a Thunder Punch and the others fired Electro Balls at the others.

Susan looked at her Vulpix then said, "Energy Ball!" The Vulpix narrowed her brown eyes, then released a glowing green orb of energy that collided with the Electro Ball, turning into yellow and green sparkles after a small while. "Now give them your Baby Doll Eyes!" Blaze sat down and looked as adorable as she could.

Even Preston fell for the Baby-doll Eyes. One of the Galvantula remained unphased, but the others got anime heart-eyes. Sucy also ignored the Baby-doll Eyes, and struggled to her feet. She was paralyzed, and had taken a lot of damage from the Thunder Punch.

Krisseon

Elise shrieked and hid behind Preston. She knew she was no good at battling, so she wasn't sure what to do.

"Quick Champ, Quick Guard!" Champ protected the party from the remaining Electro Balls to assist Susan. "Now, Karate Chop!" Champ nodded, and charged towards the unaffected Galvantula, jumping into the air and striking an intense blow.

The Galvantula struck by Champ was almost fainted, and stood teetering from the blow. The other two turned their attention to Champ and went for some Bug Bites.

Sucy flew halfway to Preston, then was shocked by electricity and fell to the ground.

"Ember once more!" Blaze ran up behind them and sneezed on the Glavantulas, releasing her attack, while making it look like an accident. While Blaze did that, Susan picked up her Caterpie's Pokeball and held it in her hand, in case of a quick switch out.

Krisseon

Elise noticed Sucy's condition and turned to Randie. "Hey Randie, use Heal Bell on Sucy, please." Randie ran to the injured Murkrow and chimed her soothing bells to cure her of her paralysis.

Glenn smiled at Susan and nodded in appreciation. "Champ, hit 'em with Slash!" Champ jumped in the air. His claws suddenly grew much larger, striking down at an angle to strike each of the bug pokemon with one blow, a smug look on his face. Glenn grinned, then looked back at the Galvantula that had almost fainted. "And you're mine." He announced, pulling out a pokeball and throwing it at the injured pokemon.

In one fell swoop, or rather one fell Slash, two Galvantula went down. The other was hit by a Pokéball, which shook once! Twice! A third time!! Caught!

Sucy nodded gratefully to Randie and staggered to her feet.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie saw Sarah working with her Eevee and Buneary, and smiled.
"Eve, I think it's time to give Rosie a turn. Is that okay?" Eve nodded, and Allie returned her.
Well, tried to return her.
Eve did everything possible to not be returned. She batted the ball away, she fled, she even fired a Shadow Ball at the ball at some point. Finally, Allie sighed. "Do you not like the Pokeball?"
Eve nodded vigorously, and Allie put the ball away. "I guess that decides that then. Rosie, come out!"
She released Rosie from her ball, who gave her a look that said "it's about time".
"Why don't we practice our routine, Zelda and Rosie?"
Rosie didn't need to hear that twice. She and Zelda immediately took their positions beside Allie.
"Alright! Zelda, use Fairy Wind! Rosie, use Petal Blizzard!"
The two Pokemon immediately jumped up, flipped upside down, and used their respective moves. They were carried into the air in their respective vortexes. Zelda immediately used Psychic to bring Allie up in the middle. The trio did a synchronized twirl in the air, before Allie made her next command.
"Zelda, Light Screen and Body Slam! Rosie, Bullet Seed!"
As the vortexes dissipated, Zelda summoned Light Screens beneath the trio as they fell, assisted to the ground by Psychic. Zelda smashed through the Light Screen, Rosie's Bullet Seed destroyed the screen, and Allie landed neatly on top of hers. The former pair's screens created a blast of multicolored sparkles as they shattered. Allie's soon disappeared naturally.
"Alright! Zelda, Shadow Ball! Rosie, Energy Ball!"
The pair immediately fired their respective moves in a way that put them on paths that made them only pass by eachother. Zelda immediately bolted through the Energy Ball, and Rosie through the Shadow Ball, creating sparkly blasts on both sides. When they met in the middle, Zelda used Psychic and Rosie used Vine Whip to hold on to Zelda's wrists. Allie was lifted into the air, and Zelda and Rosie lifted as well, spinning around quickly. Finally, the pair used Dazzling Gleam together to create a beautiful light show.
When they landed back on the ground, Allie immediately began to praise her Pokemon. Eve was impressed as well, having watched from the ground.
"Zelda, great job with that Light Screen! I know you haven't perfected that move yet, but you did great! And Rosie, that Bullet Seed was very well timed! It still needs some work before it's Contest-ready, of course, but it's coming along nicely!"

"Vul!" shouted Blaze as the two Galvantulas fainted. She ran to her trainer, paws muddy, and stopped right before running into her arms. She knew how much Susan hated getting muddy. Susan shook her head and hugged her pokemon anyways, making her dress a mess. "Don't worry girl, I'll clean it later. You were amazing." She said, still feeling the thrill of her second battle. Blaze licked Susan's face as she laughed.

Preston walked over to Sucy, who was standing up, but teetering. He picked her up in his arms. She nuzzled into him. Preston turned to the others.

“Let’s get out of the forest before the storm gets any worse!”

He paused for a moment before continuing.

“Which exit is closer?!”