• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A 50's Pokemon Journey

"Pewter, I made sure to stay near the exit there," Susan said as she picked herself up. She looked down at her dress. "I look awful! I really need to change when we get back to town." She picked up her umbrella and walked towards Pewter, Blaze hiding from the rain with her.

Sarah looked over to see Allie in the air standing on top a screen of light. She watched the rest of the performance. She had to admit that Allie would be tough to beat if they competed against one another.

Sarah inspired by what she saw decided to try and come up with some dance moves that they could use. Sarah decided to teach her new friend a few dance moves that she could use later on. "Ok Lola we are going to learn some dance movements for when we do moves. Ok can you start by giving me a twirl with your leg out like this and your arm out like this." Sarah being in pants and boots was able to show her what she meant by twirl. Well after she switched shoes into a pair of flats.

Sarah lifted her leg up to the side until it was parrerall to the ground. She also raised her over her head and bent it at the ellbow. She then brought herself on the to her toe and pointed the toe of the other foot. She also brought up her other hand out in front of her like the one she was holding up in the air. She then turned herself in a full 360 and slowly brought the leg that was in the air down beside the other one.

Lola looked intensively at Sarah when she showed her how to bring her leg up she raised hers as well. She also raised her hand and spun at the same time as Sarah.

Sarah watched as the little pink and brown bunny spun around and by herself learned to jump in the air and land on both of her feet.

"Lola that was great. I love that you added the jump. You spun a little slow but that is something we can work with. I am so proud of you." Lola ran up to Sarah and jumped into her arms. Sarah caught her and spun around in a hug.

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Elise nodded, following behind them, Randie at her side. Her wool was starting to spark uncomfortably in the increasing rain.

Glenn grabbed the pokeball and grinned, looking at Champ. "You did great buddy. All that training is really starting to pay off." He high fived Champ. He looked at the others, seeing their sense of urgency to get going. "Alright, well you guys go ahead. I've got somewhere to be. Good luck out there." He waved at them, heading in his own direction, with Champ right at his side. "Be seeing you soon."

“Bye, Glenn! Seeya later!”

Preston turned to the others.

“Let’s go! Last one to the Pokécenter is a rotten Exceggcute!”

He dashed towards the Pewter exit and straight for the Pokémon Center.

Unable to run due to her dress and shoes, Susan trotted back to the center, splashing a few puddles on the way. When she entered the center, Blaze shook her pelt to rid it of water while Susan entered the ladies room to change. She hoped she wouldn't have to do this too often.

Preston went to the front desk to heal up Sucy, and returned the Murkrow to its ball and handed it to Nurse Joy. He went to wait in the lobby, but seeing that Susan was going to change, he decided that was a good idea as well and went to change into some dry clothes. He reappeared in the lobby five minutes later, minus the leather jacket and with a different pair of jeans and a purple t-shirt on.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie smiled. "Lola seems like she's picking it up quickly. I can see her being a great performer someday!"
Eve nodded in agreement. "Ee-vee!"
"I wonder what moves Lola knows. Maybe if she knows Bounce, that can give her more air time and more time to twirl!"
'Agility or Quick Attack may work too,' Zelda chimed in.

"Thats a good idea. Do you know bounce Lola?" Lola nodded. She took a few steps back and pounced on the ground. She sprung high in the air. And landed gracefully on the other aide of Sarah.

"Thats great Lola. Now lets try that with the twirl." Lola noded and stepped back to where she was before and bounced high in the air twirling as she landed right beside Sarah. She landed right on the her toes.

"That was amazing Lola. I can't wait to see what you can do with more practice. By the way Allie I loved the way your pokemon worked together with their routine. I am still working on mine." Sarah changed back into her boots and brought out the notepad she had. She turned to the page with Allie's pokemon snd turned it around for her to see.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve bounded over to the drawing. She inspected it momentarily, before smiling. "Vee-vee!"
"Eve says that she gives you her stamp of approval. I agree with her,' Zelda translated.
Allie smiled. "You're really good at drawing! That looks really good! I've never been very skilled with a pencil myself... all I can draw are stick people." She laughed, and Rosie poked her side teasingly. "Rose."

"Well I was home school most of my childhood. This was one of the only things that I had to do before Eevee cam along. She has been with me every chance I get. I plan on getting some paints and canvas later on and doing a painting of the scene." Sarah smiled as she was complemented on her drawing of the two.

"I am glad we will be travelling together. It will give me a chance to experience not not being alone across the region like I feared I would... I am rambling again. I should maybe shut my mouth." She blushed as she realized that she was talking way too much.

Krisseon

Elise was the last to enter, holding the door open for Randie. The small Mareep trotted inside and immediately began to shake the water collected in her wool, dousing Elise in even more water. "Aw, Randie!" She sighed. Randie's wool poofed out dramatically from the shake, and Elise couldn't help but giggle at how funny it looked. She looked down at her drenched clothes and sighed. "Guess I should change too... What a shame, I love this skirt..."

Just as she was about to head for the bathroom to change, she felt a wiggling in her shirt. "Huh?" She looked down to see the same Sewaddle from before poke it's little head out of her shirt. "Wha- oh! You're still here!" She was surprised, but happy to see her small bug friend. "Well, you're a bit far from home... Would you like to stay.. with.. me..?" She asked, unsure of herself. The Sewaddle chirped happily and nuzzled her neck. She giggled. "Alright, welcome aboard new friend." She brought a pokeball out in front of the small bug type, who booped it with her snoot and entered the pokeball. One shake... two shakes... caught! Elise giggled happily. "Did you see that Randie? We have a new friend!"

Susan exited the ladies room after a bit of time. She now wore a light pink poka-dotted dress that had a collar flip down and one white button at the neck. The dress didn't poof out like the last one but was still lose below her waist. Her pantyhose were the same color but were now clean. She now wore white flats. Blaze was now clean as well, clearly making the Fox-Pokemon happy. She looked at Elise. "Go ahead, it's open," She said while she smiled at her friend.

Preston clapped as the Sewadle was caught, and waved to Susan as she entered the lobby. He was about to say something when Nurse Joy called him to get Sucy. The Murkrow skwawked happily and flew to Preston's shoulder. Preston walked back to the lobby with Sucy on his shoulder and sat down on a comfy armchair.

Krisseon

Elise smiled and nodded, heading to change. Once she was done she came out in a baby blue button up sweater tucked into waist high black capris with a belt and some more suitable shoes for travel. She figured pretty skirts wouldn't fair well in the wild. She also let her wavy strawberry blonde hair down to dry. It was longer than you'd expect being compacted into such a tiny bun, and stopped just short of her bum. She almost looked like a completely different person with it down.

"Much better. Oh! Look Susan, my little bug friend came with us!" She mentioned, letting Sewaddle out of it's pokeball. The little bug type chirped happily, and instantly began to crawl up Elise's leg all the way up to her shoulder. She smiled and cuddled it happily. "You're so cute!"

Randie huffed beside her, feeling a little jealous.

Susan smiled at the Sewaddle. "That's amazing! Anyway, I think we should head over to Mt. Moon. Those other two had a head start," Susan said. What she really wanted was to have her Caterpie, that she had decided to name Vanessa, evolve. She really wanted to see her pokemon's white wings unfurl. That would really be a sight! She looked back outside. "When the rain stops of course!"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie smiled, still lost in thought ever so slightly. "I've traveled alone for a long time. I've been through Hoenn and Kalos, with only my Pokemon. So this is kinda nice for me." She laughed, reminiscing about her previous journeys. "I wasn't exactly the best performer back then. My first performance, I went in with Zelda as a Ralts and Rosie as a Budew. I didn't plan at all and ended up with Rosie tangled in her own Grass Knot, Zelda trying to free her and only getting tangled herself, and myself, trapped between multiple Reflect barriers."
Rosie was quite annoyed at this, and sent a Vine Whip towards Allie. Zelda was quick to stop it and used Psychic to move Rosie away.
'That was quite embarrassing, I must admit,' Zelda chuckled.

Sarah chucled at the antics of Allie's pokemon. You can see the love she had for her pokemon through the way they interact with one another. "I hope to be able to do something at least when I enter my first contest. I love to dance and act. I have done a few plays and recitals in school. I am glad to have made one friend here. I have been known to be a bit of a loner and I want to change that." Lola laid down on the grass and bathed in the sun. Eevee wanted to play a bit with Eve so she ran up to her and started to dance around her in a kind if hyper fashion.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve instantly agreed to play, and started to behave similar to Eevee.
Rosie wandered around, eventually settling on sunbathing as well. Being a grass-type, she loved the sunlight.
Allie smiled. "From what I've seen you three do, I feel like you'll do quite well. You obviously work very well together, and that's one of the fundamentals of a great performance." Suddenly, she remembered something and pulled out a notepad.
"Eve.... Freezy Frost and Shadow Ball combo... vortexes need to be larger... coordination getting better..." she mumbled to herself, taking notes on the day's practice. She glanced up, realizing she had become completely lost in her own head. She laughed, embarrassed.

"It's ok I do the same thing. You guys ready to continue onto Mt. Moon or do you guys want to wait her for a little while longer. If you guys are hungry I can fix something to eat for us. I have the supplies to make a decent meal in my bag. Though I hope you don't mind Allie but I am a vegetarian so it will probably be a salad or some pasta."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"I think we should s-" Allie was interrupted by Rosie, who gestured to Mt. Moon eagerly with her vines. "Rose, roselia!"
Allie chuckled. "Well, that settles that. I'm ready to go."

An Absol sat on the top of the entrance to Mt. Moon. She was taking a nap. She didn't care if trainers saw her, she was too strong to be caught by most of the people here anyway.

Susan took Blaze and sat down in a seat. She pulled a brush out of her bag and started to brush the fox-pokemon. "I know you like this girl," she said as Blaze yawned.

Preston began stroking Sucy’s feathers. The Murkrow fluffed up for a moment, and then let her feathers settle. She chirped a bit and wagged her tail feathers, enjoying the ‘grooming’.

“When do you think the rain will stop? I don’t think it’ll last much longer, but it could still be an hour or so.”

"Cool. Lets go. I wonder if we will see any Clafairy there. They are so cute." It sounded weird that someone who looks like Sarah does would love cute and fluffy pokemon. She does not seem like the type to like them until you get to know her.

Sarah had been to the base of Mt. Moon many times before. She was never allowed to go in there until she had her trainer's licenses. Now that she had hers. She was able to go to the places that she only dreamed of. Sarah knew the way well and led Allie to the base of Mt. Moon. There on top of the enterance lay a sleeping pokemon. It was white and had a curved blade on it's head. Sarah thought the pokemon was cute but did not want to disturb it's rest. So she waited patiently for Allie to join her.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie followed along, noticing the Pokemon by the entrance. She recognized it as an Absol, as she had seen a couple in her home region of Hoenn. Not wanting to disturb it, she kept moving.
"That was an Absol, known as the Disaster Pokemon. People in Hoenn think that it's a bad omen, but it really is just trying to warn people. They're quite rare, I'm surprised to see one here in Kanto." She glanced around Mt. Moon. "This reminds me of Granite Cave, back in Hoenn."

"I have always wanted to adventure into this cave. I was never allowed to before now." Lola looked excited to see some other place. She loved to explore. Eevee was on Sarah's shoulder enjoying the ride. "Why do you say that they are rare. It seems like this one is always here. You said this reminds you of a cave back home?"

Krisseon

Elise nodded and sat down next to Susan, unsure what to say or do. After a moment of drumming on her lap awkwardly, she spoke up. "Sooo... what's a good way to pass the time? M-... Maybe we can get to know each other better...?" Randie was already curled up at her feet ready for a nap.

Inside of Mt. Moon, echoes of a battle taking place can be heard. Unintelligible shouts and crashes filled the air, making it difficult to pinpoint where exactly it was coming from.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"They're kinda considered to be few and far between where I come from. I've only seen one or two other ones, and I lived in Hoenn - the region that they come from - for most of my life. As for this cave, it reminds me of Granite Cave back home... although I suppose any cave could fit this archetype. I've been to Granite Cave back home a few times, it's pretty well known. It's famous for the carvings of the Legendary Pokemon of Hoenn in the wall." She pulled out her sketch pad, showing Sarah a drawing of the carving that she had seen.
She began to hear battling from somewhere in Mt. Moon, and tilted her head. "Hey, do you hear battling sounds in here, or am I hearing things?"

“Ummm, sure, I guess. So I’m Preston Westland from here in Pewter City, and I’m a trainer beginning on my Pokémon journey. Wait. You already knew that. Ummm, how about this. Never had I ever caught a Carvahna while fishing, Ridden a Braviary or eaten a Tomato berry? You guys have to guess which one of those three things is the one I have not done.”

Murkrow perked up. She knew the answer to this.

Sarah stopped and listened to whatever that Allie was hearing. She heard a sound of fighting very muffled by the thick walls of the cave. "Yeah I can hear it too. Do you think we should go in there and see what's up with that? Maybe we can find away to help." Lola looked up and wanted to be picked up. Sarah picked up the pink and brown bunny and held her in her arms. Eevee was riding on Sarah's shoulder. It seems like that is were she is at when she is not practicing or battling.

Susan sat in thought of this. "Was it the Braviary?" she asked, sure it was that. She smiled then said, "Well, it is my turn. I'm Susan Renolds and I'm also from Pewter. Never have I rode a bike, petted a Dragonite, or had a cherri berry. Your choice." She enjoyed this new game. A nice way to learn more about people.

“You were right! Usually people guess the Tomato berry. They’re super spicy, so people sometimes don’t believe I’ve eaten one.”

He thought for a moment before responding.

“I would guess pet a Dragonite, since I’ve never even seen one. Wait! Don’t tell me until she’s had a chance to guess too!”

Krisseon

Elise smiled cheerfully. Once Susan was finished she thought for a moment. "I feel like that's deceivingly too easy... so I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it was the cherri berry?" She immediately felt like an idiot for this choice.

There was a moment of silence, the echoes dying down, just in time for an enormous boom to sound, so hard it even made a few rocks fall from the ceiling.

Krisseon

Elise smiled. "Preston's right! When I was younger I got caught in a stampede near my papa's farm. I don't really remember it all that well, but I woke up to a strange pokemon... Oh, how I wish I could remember that day clearly. I never got a chance to thank the pokemon that saved me..." She sighed, but put on a smile for the others. "But anyway, it's your turn Preston!"

"Alright. Hm. Never have I ever watched a Championship battle in person, Petted a Whirlipede, or watched a battle between Gym leaders?"

He leaned back. He hoped this one would be harder than his last.