• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A 50's Pokemon Journey

"The year was 1950 we just starting out on our journeys. Some of had our first pokemon others needed to get theirs from the local gym leader.

Pewter city is a bustling mining town that has it's own gym. This where we will find 7 new trainers at. They will be receiving the items all trainers will need to start their journey.

The new trainers will receive a book of the known pokemon so they will be able to learn more about their new friends they will be making. They will also receive some pokeballs to catch new pokemon to join their team. And lastly they will receive a pokeball lock box. This box will hold some of the other pokemon that the trainer decides not to use.

Now lets see how our young trainers are fairing."

Sarah was awake before her mother called upstairs to tell her it is time to get up and get ready for her first day in her journey around the Kanto region.

She got ready in the clothes she laid out yesterday for this very occasion. She steps into her heels. She put on her dark red lipstick and smoky eye makeup and walked down the stairs to greet her mother. "Hey mom. I am ready to head out as soon as I grab an apple for the walk over."

Sarah grabed an apple and walked out the front door. The air was crisp and fresh smelling. The sun was shining, and the bird pokemon were flying all around. Her eevee was already in the front yard waiting for her to join her. Sarah knelt down. "Hey girl you ready for this?" "Ee-veee" with that eevee climbed up to her shoulder and waited for Sarah to get going. Sarah was used to this. Eevee had been doing this since she hatched from her egg at her grandmothers farm. Eevee took an instant liking to her. Sarah could still remember what her grandma said to her. "Baby that pokemon loves you already. It would be a shame for you not be able to take her along with you on your journey. Go ahead you helped hatching her she is as much yours as she is mine. Now go out there and win those contests. I will try to come to one or two of them."

Before Sarah knew it she was at the pokemon gym. She walked up to the building and went in. There was this guy there who greets every trainer. "Hey you must be one of the new trainers there is a waiting room over there for trainers to recive the items they will need on their journey. Go ahead and wait for the other to arive."

She walked into the room that the guy pointed out and took a seat. Eevee climbed down to her lap and curled up to take a nap. Sarah saw one other trainer there already. She did not want to talk to him. His name is Zeke and he is one of the meanest guys she had ever met. Now all she really had to do was wait for the gym leader to get here. Hopefully that would not take a long time.

@PlayfulFox47, @EeviumZ, @RenzFlintrock, @Krisseon

Susan woke up, the sun hitting her face. She looked at the small red fox pokemon at the foot of her floral sheets. She crawled over to the Vulpix and petted her. "Good morning, Blaze," she whispered. She got out of bed, removed her floral nightgown, took a shower, got dressed for her day, and did her hair. When she came back into the room Blaze was awake. She smiled at the fox pokemon that was waging all six of her tails. "Come on, sweetheart. We need to go to the gym." She said as Blaze jumped off the bed and barked. She said farewell to her mother and entered the gym.
She entered the gym and stood next to a, as her mother would put it, delinquent. She shook her head and muttered something about bad tastes and rule breaker. She had to stand next to her until the gym leader came though.

Sarah looked to the new comer and rolled her eyes at the looked she recived for the way she looked. She looked down to her eevee and petted her whule she waited. "You know it is not nice to judge others before you know them." Sarah said this to girl who looked at her like she had some sort of sickness. Sarah opened her bag and brought out a comb and started to brush Eevee's fur.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie was just leaving her house for the morning, wearing a large smile. A light breeze cast her long brown hair in her face, and she chuckled and brushed it away. She wanted to make a good impression on the other young Trainers.
She had only recently come to Kanto to explore the region, having been a Hoenn native. Kanto is certainly different from Hoenn, she thought.
She quickly arrived at the Pokemon Gym. Two other trainers were present, seemingly new Kanto trainers as well. She decided to introduce herself, and walked up to them.
"Hello! I'm Allie. I presume you guys are new Kanto trainers too?"

Susan looked at the respectable new trainer. She smiled and nodded. At least she wasn't going to be surrounded by, what her mother liked to say, trouble makers. Blaze stood behind her and barked. She said to her, "Yes, I'm Susan, and I'm a new trainer. As you can tell."

Sarag looked to the new girl who just walked. "My name is Sarah and yes I am a new trainer as well. This little girl in my lap is Eevee." Sarah smiled at Allie. Allie seemed like a nice person unlike the girl who would not even acknowledge that she was there. Sarah put the comb away.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie smiled. “You guys have such cute Pokemon! I have two Pokémon from my home region. Zelda and Rosie, come out!” She tossed her Pokeballs into the air, one being a Luxury Ball, one being a Dusk Ball. Out of the Luxury Ball appeared Zelda the Kirlia, and the Dusk Ball released Rosie the Roselia. Zelda did a small pirouette on the spot, while Rosie waved.

Sarah did not want to admit that she loved the two cute pokemon that appeared. She was so used to not showing her love for anything cute. "Thank you. Eevee I am sure would appreciate that. She is taking a nap right now though. They are very cute. You two can sit down if you would like there are more chairs here then just this one." She jestured to the couch she was sitting at and the other seats that are aorund the room. Eevee was sitting in her lap asleep. She had always been a bit keen on naps.

Preston ran panting up to the Gym. He thought he would have been late, but as he entered, there were already four people waiting. His Murkrow, Sucy, was perched on his shoulder as he walked through the door. He gave a small salute to the others there and then sat down, trying to hide the fact that he was panting from his run.

Susan's mother's words repeated in her mind, "You get close, they will corrupt your soul. If your soul is corrupted, then Arcus will destroy you." she wanted to talk to someone, but everyone there was either 'corrupted' or talking to a 'corrupted' person. She closed her eyes as she stood. Why did none of her friends come today? Why did they decide that going on a Pokemon journey would be wrong? She had no one to talk to now, and she couldn't risk going against her mother! She gave up everything for her! The least she could do is be the good girl she always tried to be.

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
While the others were chatting amongst themselves, a shy girl by the name of Elise Ferling quietly stepped into the room after being apppointed by a man at the door, a fluffy little Mareep trailing behind her. She paused for a moment when she noticed other people, steeling herself for most likely inevitable chit chat. She moved quietly, finding a far seat and sitting there, hoping no one would notice.

Mareep sat next to her on the ground, yawning and scratching her ear with her foot boredly.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie smiled. “It’s great! There’s a lot of natural beauty... and water. Lots of water. Which is awesome, considering I love to swim! There’s also Contests, which I love to perform in! I hope there’s something like that here...”
Zelda nodded eagerly. ‘Contests are extremely exciting, in my opinion.’

Susan looked at the girl that had distanced herself like she did. Was it because she was also kept to the straight path? Susan decided it was time to talk to someone. "Um, hello. I'm Susan, and my Vulpix here is named Blaze," She said after taking a seat next to the shy girl.

Preston scratched Murkrow under the chin, trying to decide the cool thing to do in the situation. Little did he realize that his silence was probably not coming off as cool. He watched the others for a moment or two, trying to read the room. Suddenly the door opened and another person walked in. He waved, and so did Sucy. The Murkrow started digging in his backpack and pulled out a small, blue jewel which looked as cool and smooth as a lake. She started tossing it around in the air and then catching it, but accidentally dropped it to the floor with a thud.

"You want to be in contest too. I have always dreamed of being in them." Sarah smiled at Allie. She loved to talk with open minded people like her. Sarah may come off cold with her looks but once you look past that you will find a very sweet girl who will be your friend to the end. "Yes we have contest over here. I plan on going preform in every one that I am able to. Maybe we can work on moves and the contest battles together." Eevee moved slightly as Sarah turned more on the couch to face Allie.

Krisseon

"Ah! Oh.. uhm..." Elise started, blushing a little. She wasn't expecting to be caught so soon. "Hello Susan. I'm Elise... and this is Randie." She spoke softly, gesturing to Randy, her Mareep.

Randie looked up at Susan and smiled warmly, her eyes sparkling with the thought that her beloved owner would finally make a friend.

Meanwhile, one more male entered the room just in time to see Preston drop his jewel, a spunky looking Pancham at his side. He looked to the jewel, then at Preston and chuckled a little bit, bending down to pick it up with a smile. "You dropped something, buddy." He spoke in a smooth, friendly voice.

Sucy took the gemstone in its beak and began tossing it again, and Preston tried to take it back as he thanked the newcomer.

“Than- urg! C’mon, Sucy! Give it back!”

He finally managed to take back the stone and stuff it in his backpack.

“Thank you.”

Susan was about to respond until a young man entered the room as well. She immediately started to look away, not to draw attention to herself. He should come to her, not the other way around. That was what her mother taught her. "Glad to meet you, Elise and Randie. Are you going to do gym battles or contests? I'm honestly going to try both. I was never taught which one was more proper."

Krisseon

"I'm... I'm not sure. I'm... not very good at either, if I'm being honest." Elise sighed, looking to her Mareep and remembering the time she panicked during a battle. It took her weeks to make it up to Randie. "I'll figure it out eventually... I hope." Randie meeped in support, and Elise giggled and patted her head, earning a purr. She looked back to Susan, "I'm sure you'll be great though! You're Vulpix Blaze looks amazing." She smiled at the Vulpix, silently admiring how dang cute she was.

Glenn chuckled again. "Name's Glenn, and this is Champ." He gestured to the Pancham next to him. Champ stepped up, puffing out his chest proudly and putting his hands on his hips. He gave Preston and Sucy a strong nod of approval. "Show off." Glenn sighed, looking up to check out the place for the first time since he got there. He scanned the room and found that it was filled with very cute girls that intrigued him. He looked back to Preston, not wanting to seem rude. "What's your name? You seem cool."

Internally gasping at being called cool, Preston paused for a moment before responding.

“My name is Preston.”

He still had his sunglasses on, and Sucy took them off of him and flipped them in the air, and they landed on Sucy’s face.

“MUUR- Krow krow krow!”

Susan looked at Elise. "Thanks! And I'm sure Blaze thanks you as well." The Vulpix was wagging all six of her tails. Susan smiled and petted the red fox as she said, "You should really see a Ninetails. They are beautiful! With their golden coat, long curly fur. They are like angels on earth." Susan smiled at the Mareep. "And Remmie is cute as well!"

Reba walked into the gym. She walked right passed the guy that greeted everyone else. She walked into the room with everyone else. She walked in like the whole room had eyes just for her. One of the things that she noticed was Susan and Sarah. She walked up to Susan and girl she never noticed so in her mind she must be new. Better set the record straight. "Hey new girl, you might not want to hang out with this one she is really uncool. If you would rather hang our with me then you are more then welcome to." She then turned to the girl who was talking with Sarah. "The same goes for you. If you want to hang out with the cool kids then you better learn who not to talk to." With that she walked over to Zeke and sat beside him.

Jimmy the gym leader walked in carring a box. Inside was a smaller boxes that held the items that would be given to each trainer. "Hey guys sorry for the wait I had to make sure I had everyone's supplies. Now I want everyone to come up one at a time and tell me your name so I can find the right box for you."

(Ooc: Everyone can say that he said he called your characters name that way I don't have to keep looking up each character and hmget this done a lot faster.)

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie looked up, hearing her name called. She walked up, giving a respectful curtsy.
“Hello, my name is Allie Silverstone. I might be listed as Allison Grace Silverstone, however.”
Zelda teleported to Allie’s side. This didn’t impress Rosie, who walked over, annoyed.
Show off,” Rosie muttered. All the humans could only hear “Rose, roselia.”

"Right Allie Grace here is your box. Inside will have a pokemon handbook, your starting pokeballs, and your trainer box. Now the trainer box will only hold so many pokemon before you have to send the other to somewhere to keep them for you. In your pokemon hand book there is a section explaining everything that you will need to do in that situation."

Krisseon

Before Elise could answer, a girl burst through the door, making her jump and her heart race in surprise. She stared, dumbstruck as she made her rounds with her announcement. She held her hand to her chest the whole time, unsure of what to do with herself, until the gym leader finally came in. She sighed, and decided it was best just to get back to business. "Ah.. I guess it's time to... do stuff..." She spoke dumbly, still trying to get her heartbeat under control.

Glenn grinned at Sucy, about to say something when they were interrupted, and then the gym leader came in and he heard his name called next. "Well, looks like things are finally getting started. Catch ya later Preston. You too Sucy." He spoke to the Murkrow, giving it a friendly scratch on the chin and heading to get in line. Champ looked back at the two and gave them a confident smirk and a thumbs up before following.

"Glenn Mathews, sir. It's a pleasure." He shook the man's hand, took his items, and thanked him, then stepped back for the next to be called. He put his things in his pouch he had tied to his belt and leaned against the wall. He waited patiently to know the names of the other girls.

Elise went next, shyly introducing herself and taking her things. She gave a clumsy curtsy, almost dropping her things, apologized and quickly made her way back to her seat, completely embarressed.

Sarah walked up as her name was called. "Sarah Blackwell." She had her Eevee in her arms and she climbed to her shoulder. Jimmy handed her, her starting items and then Called the next one over. Sarah went and sat down and waited for everyone so she would at least know their names.

Reba walked up to the gym leader. "I am sure you know my name by now I should not have to tell you it."

Jimmy looked at the insulting girl and handed her the package with her name.

Zeke also got his items. He did not wait for anyone except Reba. They left together.

Preston was called and collected his items, storing them in the backpack. Sucy stole one of the pokeballs and began tossing it. He decided to walk outside and see who would go where.

Her name was called, so Susan smiled at Elise then went to get her things. "I'm Susan Renolds." She told the leader. She took her things then sat next to Elise once more. "We'll have each other's backs, ok?" She said, trying to get a friend to travel with her.

Sarah walked up to Allie. "Hey i was wondering if you would like to travel together. We could help each other out when we are practicing for contest. That is if you want of course." Eevee was on her shoulder and looked at Allie. She wanted to get to know this trainer more. "Ee-vee vee-vee!" "I guess eevee wants to get to know you more as well. She loves to be with others."

Krisseon

Elise looked at Susan, unsure how to answer for a moment. She was caught off guard at the thought of someone as sophisticated and classy as Susan wanting to involve a screw up such as herself in her life, but she smiled happily and blushed a little, her emerald eyes sparkling. "O-okay! It'll be nice to have a friend to travel with. I-I mean, if you want to, that is..."

Glenn watched as each person was called up, learning all their names. He decided he'd get to know them all soon, but for now he had business to attend to elsewhere. He just knew they'd cross paths again at some point. And with that thought, he made his leave. He noticed Preston outside and smiled. "He Preston. Got some stuff to take care of, but I hope to see you again soon. Good luck buddy, be seein' ya." He said as he gave him a quick solute and headed off on his own, Pancham giving them another thumbs up before following after Glenn.

Renz saluted Glenn back. Murkrow flew off Preston's shoulder and followed Glenn for a ways before returning with a berry held in her mouth. It looked delicious, and she taunted Preston with it for a moment or two before throwing it in the air, catching it and swallowed it. Preston got the anime anger marks on his head as he began chasing her.

"Why you little..."

He chased her around until he ran into the Gym when she made a sharp maneuver. He came off the wall, rubbing his nose.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie smiled. “Of course! I don’t like travelling alone, so that would be great!”
Her Pokémon seemed rather enthusiatic about the prospect as well. Rosie decided to take the liberty of introducing herself to Sarah’s Eevee. She used Vine Whip to swing up onto Allie’s head, and greeted Eevee eagerly.

"Cool. I am glad I won't be traveling alone. So where do you want to go first. Do you want to go train a bit with our pokemon or do you want just head on to Mt. Moon?" Eevee took the vine whip and shook it with her paw in greeting. Sarah placed her items that she had been opening at this point in her bag to safely store them. She took the key to her pokemon box and put it on a necklace so it would not get lost. "So you said you were from Hoenn do you have any other pokemon beaides these two?"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"Rose-roselia, ro-ro!" Rosie cried, excited.
Zelda decided to translate for the humans. 'She said that she wants to go straight to Mt. Moon and - I quote - show the Pokemon there who's boss. I, personally, would much rather train for a whi-'
Rosie looked quite angry at Zelda's disagreement. "Rose, rose-ro!" she shouted. Zelda sweatdropped.
'I don't think you want to know what she said. And Rosie, watch your mouth.'
Rosie crossed her arms. "Rose."

Allie stared at Rosie, unimpressed. "Rosie, be nice." She turned back to Sarah. "Nope, just these two. I mainly focused on Contests in Hoenn, and even performed in a few. I can show you some of the things we've done, if you want!"

"Cool I would not mind going to Mt. Moon. There is a large field before the mountain that we can train before we go into there. Besides what I am wearing is not exactly cave attire so if you give me a minute I will go change in the bathroom and be ready to go in about five minutes. Also thank you I would love some tips from someone who has been in them before." With that she walked to the gym's bathroom. She changed into faux leather pants, a dark purple sweater and black ankle wedged boots. Then she went and rejoined Allie. "Ok I am ready whenever you are."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie glanced down at her dress, and chuckled. “Yeah, I doubt I’d be able to do much in this. Just give me a couple of minutes...” She ran into the bathroom. When she came out, she was wearing a simple sky-blue top, black capris, and white boots, and her long hair was tied back.
“Okay, now I’m ready. Let’s go!” she said eagerly. She opened the door, motioning for Sarah to follow.

Sarah followed Allie out of the gym and she led her new friend to the field she used to come to relax and just be with her pokemon. Eevee loved the rolling fields that were forgound to the mountains. It did not take long for Sarah to encounter her first wild pokemon.

It looked like a brown bunny with pink fluff. It had fluff on it's belly and the top of it's ears. Sarah had seen this pokemon before she used to play with Eevee. Buneary say Sarah and came running up. She jumped up and high fived Eevee. Then she looked up to Sarah. "Bun Bun Buneary! Buneary!"