• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! Welcome to the Nexus

"Fairly well. I just made it to Round Two in the Turbo Dueing competition. How about you. Are you in it?" Ryker asked the new arrival happily.

"I'm Yuba nice to meet you all." He turned towards Ryker. "I'm interested, you an count me in." He walked to the counter an rented a bike. "But you haven't told me your name yet." He said.

"Ryker Yuko." Ryker said giving a nod. "But shouldn't you get down to the arena? Your match is about to begin, on account of you joining the tournament late," Ryker said pointing to the large jumbo screen that flashed Yuba's face.

"What? Oh crap I have to get there." He said as he ran down to the arena. "So what kind of duel am I having." He looked at te screen and saw that it was a turbo duel. He saw his opponent enter the arena. He got on his bike. "Alright let's duel!"

Last edited:
A boy stood in the shadows, while speaking into a small machine in his hand. "Yes, I'm at the tournament. I've got my eyes on the competition sir," he said before stuffing the device back in his pocket.

The duel was reaching it end. Yuba had 2000 life points while his opponent had 2500. There were no monsters on the field. "Now I summon Gogogo Giant and equip it with the spell card Lucky Iron Axe and attack you directly." Yuba's monster attacked the other duelist and drained his remaining life points. Yuba won the duel. "Sweet." He said.

Jacen cheered for Yuba. " Nicely done." He said to the screen. He wondered how he was going to fair in his duel. He bought a few booster packs and looked threw them. He stopped when he saw one of the cards. " Nice." He said as he placed it into his extra deck. He made his way to his bike. He let out a breath knowing he would be up soon.

A girl, in a light grey dress, was leaning against a wall behind the boy with her arms crossed. "Shouldn't you be getting ready, instead of checking out the competition?" she said clearly, even with the mask covering her mouth.

"I was following orders Sasha. You should be the one whos getting ready. I beat my opponent, and you're up before me in the Second Round. And besides, my strategy is full proof." Yutaga said walking away. "Perfection doesn't need to be messed with."

"You're way too overconfident Yutaga," Sasha said as he walked away, "Overconfidence is a dangerous attribute. It has brought down even the best of duelists."

Yutaga heard the last comment and turned. "It's not overconfidence. Have ou been watching theses duels. They're all amateurs. Anyone could beat them." He said before, again, taking his leave.

Heran Had Finally Made It To The Nexus, He Said
"Finally Made It!" He Decided To Check Out His Competition, He Walked Around, Hoping To Find Someone Who He Could Be Friends With.

Ryker watched as the first round had almost came to a close, and the faces of all six participates appeared on a large screen. There was his face, Yuba's and the face belonging to 2 other boys and 2 other girls. Up next was Jacen's duel against some kid who used Elemental HEROs. They were a strong deck type, so Jaden would have to put in the extra man power to win.

Heran Walked Around Some More, And Eventually Found The Large Screen Showing The Matches And Winners, He Said
"Well Then, Time to Play The Waiting Game!" He Started Looking For People who Might be Willing to have A Friendly Match With Him.

Jacen pulled up in his bike and looked at his oponnet. "Good luck." He said to the man.
" You too." The Kid said before the light turned green. Both of the duelists drove. " I'll go first." The kid said. " I set one monster on the field in defense mode and end my turn." The kid said. Jacen did the exact same thing.

Zenix looks at the big and was cheering for Jacen. "Alright, go Jacen!" he cheered.
Sasha looked at the big screen and was thinking about Yutaga's overconfidence. 'I swear one of these days it's going to be his downfall,' she thought to herself.

After an entense duel Jacen was down to a thousand life points. He had dark magician girl on the field and Beserker the magic warrior. The kid had Elemental hero Neos and Flame wingman on the field. He had twenty nine hundred points left. " You're maove." The boy said overconfidently
Jacen drew his card and sighed. "Alright." He said. " I sacrifice my Beserker to bring forth another dark magician Girl." The second dark magician girl did a twirl as she was summond. " Next,:" He said as he took off one of the girls and placed her ontop of the other one. " I bring forth Magi Magi Magician girl." He said Both of the girls flew into each other to create a blonde female magician in a somewhat revealing black dress. " Now by discarding one of the materials I'm able to control one of you're monsters until the end phase." He said. The female winked at Neos making him join them. " Next Neos attack flame wing man." The boy lost four hundred life points. " Magi Magi finish him off." He said. She created a black energy beam and fired at the boy. His life points went to zero as his duel rider stalled out. Jacen flew past him and into the finish line.

"Nice." Yuba said watching Jacen win his duel. "There really are good duelist here." He turned to the others. "So seems like none of us will have a match so what do you all want to do?" He asked.

Zenix walked to the normal duel field as well and activated his red duel disk. "Fine by me," he said already drawing five cards for his hand.

"Alright I'll go first." Yuba said drawing his 5 card. "I summon Gogogo Giant in attack mode." The monster appeared on the field with a roar. "I then set two cards face down and end my turn." Yuba said after setting two cards down.

"Alright then, I draw!" Zenix said and drew a card. He thought a bit about what to play. "I set a monster face down and end my turn," he said setting down his monster.

"I draw." Yuba said while drawing. He thought about why Zenix only set down a face down card. "I set one monster face down in defence mode then I equip Gogogo Giant with Lucky iron Axe which increase its attack by 500." He said. And axe appeared in the giant's hands. "Now Gogogo Giant attack that face down monster!" Yuba commanded. The monster charged toward the face down monster.

Zenix watched as his face down was sliced by the giant. His face down was a Mystical Elf. "Well, so much for high defense," he said as his monster was destroyed.

Yuba smiled. "Alright I end my turn, and due to Gogogo Giant's effect, it is changed to defense mode. You're going to have to do better than that to beat me." He said to Zenix.

Last edited:
Ryker watched Yuba and Zenix's battle. "You got him now! His monster has no defense!" He exclaimed. Then something got his attention. The pairs for Round 2.

Yutaga watched as a whirlwind of faces appeared on the screen. They belonged to the eight competitors. He watched as the pairings were made. He watched as his match was decided.

"Alright. I summon Skilled Dark Magician!" Zenix said and the magician appeared on the field, "Now, attack his Gogogo Giant!" The magician sent out a blast from his staff and was aimed at the giant.

Sasha saw that Yuba was her opponent and saw that he is in a duel. What really caught her eye was that he was dueling Zenix, her cousin.

"Alright then, I end my turn," Zenix said as he ends his turn. 'So far so good,' he thought to himself.
Sasha continues watching the duel between the two.

Jacen walked up towards the too duelists and watched them. He examind both of their skill and moves trying to devise a plan to beat both of them.

"Alright I draw!" Yuba said. He looked at his card. "I summon Cameraclops in attack mode." The monster came out and stood proudly. "Now I attack your skilled Dark magician." Yuba said as Cameraclops charged at the magician. "Now cameraclops' ability activate destroying your magician." Yuba said.

Yuba smiled. "I now end my turn, your move Zenix." He said.

From the shadow, a man looked over the place and laughed. "Heh, small fry everywhere, winning this tournament will be a piece of cake." He said sinisterly.

"Alright, I draw!" Zenix said and drew, "I summon Chocolate Magician Girl!" The female magician appeared on the field, "Now, destroy his Cameraclops!" The magician then went on to destroy Yuba's monster.