• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! Welcome to the Nexus

Welcome to the Nexus, a virtual world were duelists can go to participate in all kinds of duels. They can phase in their own personal duel runner or rent one, to have a turbo duel, or possible go for an action duel, or maybe even the classic normal style duel. There are so many ways to duel, so step through the gate and begin your adventure.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And now, let's finished this duel! I pendulum summon with Dragonpulse Magician and Dragonpit Magician, allowing me to summon monsters ho's levels are in between 2 and 7 all at the same time! So arise Performapal Drummerilla, make way Performapal Hip Hippp, and step it up Performapal Thunderhino. And now I tribute my Hip Hippo and my Thunderhino to summon my best buddy. Make some laughs, Performapal Laugh Maker! Now I play the spell Ego Boost and attack you directly, but that's not all, I activate Drummerilla's ability boosting Laugh Maker's attack by 600. Plus, when Laugh Maker Attacks, for every monster wh's attck is higher then their original, he gain 1000 ATk points. So with 5100 ATK Points, attack him directly and end the duel!" Ryker Yuko's duel runner quickly came to a stop, as soon as he won the duel. "Sweet duel," he said to the loser, who grumbly got off their runner and walked away. "I guess he's a sore loser," Ryker said still smiling.

Zenix stepped through the gate to the Nexus and was amazed by it. He already sees many duelists hanging out with each other and dueling with each other. He walks around to explore the place. "Wow, this place is so amazing!" he said to himself excitedly as he walked around and admired everything.

Jacen watched the turbo duel. He clapped his hands at the man that won the match. He stood up and headed to the food court to get something to eat. He looked at his rank. He was in the bottom fifty. what was he expecting taken the fact that he has no Xyz's, Pendulums, or syncros in his deck. But it didn't bother him his deck maybe old school but It was his deck.
He made it to the cafeteria and ordered a milkshake and a burger. luckily food was free here. He sat down and ate while he watched other duels that were going on.

Ryker walked out of the arena and walked towards the food court. "Man I'm sure hungry after that duel," he said rubbing his stomach. He ordered a large milkshake, large soda, two burgers, one chicken sandwich, and three large fries. They were shocked that he was going to at all of that food by himself. He balanced the food, on the tray he was given and walked towards a table and sat down to eat and watch the duels. If he was going on to Round 2, then he would need to duel on full stomach.

Jacen looked over and saw the man's tray. He decided not to say anything about that. " Hey I saw you're match. You were amazing out there." He said as he drank his milkshake. " I wish you luck for you're next round." He said.

Ryker swallowed the food in his mouth, and gave a grin. "Thanks. Are you in the tournament too?" He asked before shoveling more food in his mouth. He swallowed and burped loudly. "Excuse me, he added.

Yeah. " He said. " I'm in the second to last match of the first round. " he said as he moved over to the man's table. " I'm Jacen by the way." He said as he raised his hand to the guy.

Ryker shook his hand. "Ryker Yuko, it's nice to meetcha. What deck you running?" Ryker said focusing back on his food.
--------------------------------------------------------
From the stage, a man reviewed the recent Turbo duels. "There are a lot of duelists who may be able to help. Stay vigilant." He said into a device. He stuffed it back in his pocket and watched the other battles.

Ryker gave a grin and jumped up, placing his right foot on the bench and left n the ground. He struck a pose, and said, "I play Performapal monsters. Giving me the best way to duel and perform!" He said happily, striking a pose.

He clapped his hands and looked at the man. " Hey if you want we could have a simple duel before our matches." He said as he stood up. " A friendly match what do you say?" He said as he grabbed his deck.

"A friendly duel, eh. I'll take that deal. Let's go," Ryker sid giving a grin. He stepped forward and activated his duel disk. "You can go first." Ryker said smiling.

Jacen let out a breath before looking at the man. He put his deck into his duel disk and drew his cards. He looked over them. and nodded his head. " I summon the skilled dark magician to the field in attack mode." He said as he placed the card onto his disk.. The Skilled Dark magician held his staff as it looked at Ryker. It had 1900 attack and 1700 defense " And I place one card face down and end my turn." He said.

Last edited:
"Okay folks, let's get this show on the road. I draw," Ryker said, drawing a card. "For my first trick, I'll set the pendulum scale with Scale 1 Performapal Gumgumouton and Scale 5 Performapal Fire Mufflerlion. Now i can summon monsters any monsters who's level is between 1 and 5. So I summon Performapal Silver Claw and Performapal Skeeter Skimmer. Now Silver Claw attack. And when this guy attacks, he gains 300 Atk Points!" The wolf leapt at the with its jaws wide open.

Jacen smiled. " I activate my trap card shadow spell." He said. The card appeared as chains came out of it as they wrapped around Silver claw. " That three hundred attack bonus really can't help you now. With shadow spell on the field you're silver claw loses seven hundred attack and cannot attack or change battle positions." He said. " Do you end you're turn?" He asked.

"Sure, I'll end it with a face down," Ryker said giving a grin, while setting a card face down. He wouldn't let the dips and turns in a duel get him down. That was th best part. "You're move," he said giving a nod.

He drew his next card and grimaced it wasn't what he needed. " I summon White magical hat." to the field. A man with a white top hap and cape appeared. He had 1000 attack and 700 defense. " Now Skilled Dark magician attack Silver Claw." He said. a light came from the Magicians staff as he fired it at Silver claw.

Ryker gave a grin. "I play my facedown card. Ego Boost. You see, I can boost my monsters attack by 1000 ATK, giving Silver Claw 2100 ATK Points. So say goodbye to your monster!" Ryker exclaimed taking a bow, as Silver Claw glowed with a yellow energy and gave a fierce roar.

Zenix noticed two duelists having a casual duel. He went to go see it and was amazed by it so far. 'Wow, this duel is getting intense now,' he thought to himself.

The skilled dark magician blew up. Jacen lost two hundered life points bringing him down to 7800. " Well It wasn't like I knew what you're face down was. Besides it's only the beginning of the duel." He said. he let out a breath and ended his turn. " You're move." He said.

"And what a turn this will be. I draw," Ryker said drawing his card. "Wow, the stage is set, ready for me to shine. I tribute my two monsters to summon my best friend, Performapal Laugh Maker!" The two monsters dissolved and Laugh Maker appeared. "And I'm not stoping there. I pendulum summon to bring back a monster who left recently! The crowd loved you, so come back for an encore my Performapal Silver Claw. And now Silver Claw, attack White Magical Hat!" Ryker moved his arms in an arc like move to as Silver Claw bounded for the magician.

The White magical hat was destroy. Jacen took 1600 points of damage bringing him to 6200. "Nice move." He said as he looked at the man.

"Oh it's not over yet. There is a little more to this show. Since Silver Claw attacked, all Performapal monsters gain 300 ATK. And so I attack you directly with Laugh Maker. Now his ability activates. For every monster who's attack his higher than their original he gains 1000 Atk for each, when he attacks. So that's two, Silver Claw and Laugh Maker himself. So with a 2000 Atk boost along with the 300 ATK from earlier, he's put at 4800 ATK in this direct Attack!"

Jacen fell to the ground from the pain. it might be virtual but a person could feel it. He stood up as his life points went down to nineteen thousand. " I'm still in." He said. "Do you end you're turn?" he asked.

" Okay Ham." He said as he drew his next card. " He smiled a little bit. " First I think this field is a little over crowded." He said. " So I play dark hole on the field." A vortex of darkness appeared above them.

Ryker watched as all his monsters were destroyed. Since they were both pendulum monsters, they go back to the top of my extra deck. And since my other two are in the pendulum zone, they are unaffected, because they count as spell cards," Ryker said smiling.

"Still mean's you're wide open for an attack." He said. " Next I play dark magicians curtain. by sacrificing half my life points I'm able to summon a dark magician from my deck." He said as he as the dark magician appeared. "Now attack him directly." He said.

Ryker stood there and took the attack from the Dark Magic Attack, stumbling back as his life points dropped to 5500. "But now you're life points are even lower," Ryker said standing back up. "You end your turn?"

" Yes I end my turn." He said as he looked at the man. " Yeah my life points are lower and this is probably going to be the last turn." He said. " But at least I didn't get shut out in this match." He said with a smile on his face. " Alright friend finish the job." He said.

"Well okay, but I'll do it with a hint of fliar." Ryker said drawing his card. I play the spell card Pendulum Shift. With this card, I can change the scale of one of my Pendulum monsters for this turn. So I'll make my Performapal Fire Mufflerlion a scale 9 monster. Now I Pendulum summon Silver Claw and Laugh Maker. Now I play the spell, Smile World. With this card, all monsters on the field gain attack points equal to the number of monsters x100. Since there is three on the field, everyone gets a 300 ATK boost. And now I attack with Performapal Laugh Maker. His ablity activates putting him at 5800 ATK. Now attack Dark Magician with Comedy Beatdown!" Ryker exclaimed as Laugh Maker charged at the Dark Magican.

The Dark magician took the hit and fell backwards. Jacen's life points went from eight hundred to zero. He clapped his hands as he looked at Ryker. " Good game ham." He said. " Though that was a bit of over kill." He said with a laugh. He walked up to the better man and stuck his hand out.

Ryker shook his hand and flashed a smile. "It's all about the show. That's the best part. But anyways it was a good duel," Ryker said.

" Yes it was Ham." He said. He then looked at the man. " I really need to update my deck to modern times." He said. " But it's the deck I grew up with." He said. " It's going to be hard picking and choosing which cards I'm going to keep. any suggestions?"

"It all depends on how you play." He said bwfire getting distracted by the clapping arrival. "Why thank you. Always glad to impress someone with my dueling," Ryker said giving a smile and a bow. "The name is Ryker Yuko. What's yours?"

"I'm Zenix Larse," he said with a smile, "Nice to meet you." He then turned to Jacen. "Don't be so down," he said, "It doesn't matter if your deck is old school. As long as it you like it, it's a good deck."

He smiled at Zenix. " Of course I like my deck." He said as he looked at the man. " I just need to update it a little bit." He moved a little bit. " Anyways are you participating in the tournament?" he asked.

"Maybe add some fusion or Xyz. There are a lot of good fusion and Xyz, spellcaster monster," Ryker added. "It could give your deck a boost."