• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! Welcome to the Nexus

Yuba smirked. "I activate a trap card! Battleguard Rage!" One of the face down card flipped up. "I equip it to Cameraclops, increassing its attack points to 2400." The card unleashed a aura that surrounded Cameraclops and raised its attack points.

The Chocolate Magician Girl's attack failed and ended up being returned to Zenix's hand. "Crap, this is not good," Zenix said as his life points went down to 7200. "I guess I end my turn now," he said.

Last edited:
Mika’s first duel hadn’t been the easiest already, but in the end her signature card, Performapal Odd-Eyes Unicorn, had helped her out by boosting her Life Points to last the few more turns she had needed to turn the duel around in her favor. Sure, it had been a close call, but that was what she had gotten used to. Close calls were right up her alley as the sudden 2000 and up boosts of Life Points came unexpected from a monster that seemed so weak on the surface. Often catching the opponent of guard so she could get the upper hand.

Surely she was going through to the second round, but just to be sure she walked to one of the screens depicting the current match-ups. Walking up to the screen she stood next to another boy who was apparently also in the competition as his face had appeared on the screen as well. Mika mindlessly cut and shuffled her deck as she watched the new pairings being made.

"Yes it is indeed. My turn now. I draw!" He looked at his drawn card. "I attack you directly with Cameraclops." He said as his monstrer charged at Zenix.

The man in the shadows shuffled his deck in excitement. "Heh heh heh, the second round start in 20 minutes, I can't wait to crush the competition." He said.

Last edited:
Zenix took the attack and his life points reduced to 4800. "I'm still in this," he said.

Sasha still watches the duel but as more people came, it became a bit difficult for her to watch. Her walked away and found a new spot to watch. She adjusted her mask a bit and leaned against the wall, near a girl who was shuffling her deck.

Ryker leaned back and watched as his match was made. He was in the third match against some girl named Mikaela. He heard cards shuffling, and turned to see the girl, Mikaela beside him. "Hi, my name is Ryker Yuko, I'm your opponent for Round 2," he said pointing to his name under his picture in the screen.

Yugata watched as he was paired with some kid named Jacen. It would be any easy win, especially with an amateur like this one.

Mikaela stacked the cards together and put them away as looked at the boy next to her introducing himself. “You are?” she turned to looked at the pairings Ryker was pointing at and smiled, returning her gaze to the boy. “Oh yea, you are! That’s fun! I’m Mikaela, but you can call me Mika. Everybody does!” Mika didn’t often meet her opponents before a duel as she didn’t really go look for them, but this coincidental meet-up was fun nonetheless.

“Well, let’s make it a fun duel right? It doesn’t mean anything if you didn’t have fun!” Mika’s fun-loving personality was shining through in her words. She loved to duel, but didn’t like being too serious about it. Honestly, she was just here to have a good time.

"A fun duel all right. Especially since with both use Performapal cards. I saw your duel, and you worked pretty well with them. But that won't change the fact that I will capture the spot light," Ryker said giving a large grin. "But before we duel, we have to wait for two other duels."

"Attention, Sasha and Yuba's duel will begin in thirty minutes." A man over the loudspeaker said.

"And it looks like that'll be soon," Ryker said giving a peace sign.

He had seen her duel? Well, guess he had an advantage over her then. Mika hadn’t spectated any of the duel up until this point, nor did she really have the time to do so. She came in late and had to rush to even get to her first round in time. “You use them too, well that should be fun then! Can’t wait for it now! Well, I can.. I mean we have to wait, but you get the expression!”

Mika smiled somewhat awkwardly due to her rambling, about being able to wait or not, but quickly recovered from it by continuing the conversation. “At least we won’t have to wait long then, huh?”

Sasha looked up as the loudspeaker announced her duel. "Looks I should go and get ready," she said and looked at Zenix one last time. She walked away and passed two duelists talking to each other.

Zenix heard the loudspeaker and turned back to Yuba. "Looks like you're up first," he said, "Maybe we should stop so you could go and get ready."

"Alright then," Zenix said and then drew a card, "I summon Chocolate Magician Girl back to the field!" The magician twirled as she entered the field. "That's it for my turn," he said.

Yugata gave a sly grin as he defeated the duelist. He had claimed to be a member of the Enforcers. There was no way a weakling like that would be a member. Or just maybe their ranks were just this weak. The kid who lost ran off, exiting the alleyway.

Ryker gave a smile. "Nope. So Mika do you want to play a game. It's not a full on duel, but we each draw a card. It's like Rock Paper Scissors. Monster beats spell, trap beats monster, and spell beats trap. You in?" He said warmly, raising his duel disk, loaded with his disk. "We have thirty minutes to wait."

“Hm? Rock-Paper-Scissors? Sure thing!” Mika placed her deck into the Duel Disk and let it auto-shuffle the cards before taking the top one from the stack. “Alright, let’s see what we got,” she said as she turned the card around to look at it, “’Majespecter Unicorn – Kirin’. A monster! So, what did you pull?” Mika turned around the card for Ryker to see and awaited his response.

"Okay my turn, let's rock," Ryker said closing his eyes, placing index and middle finger on the top card on his deck. "Okay folks, gather round as I pull a win, by drawing a trap card." He said before drawing his card in and over exaggerated movement. He held it in the air, so that no one could see it. Now here is my trap card," he said bringing down the spell card, Smile World. "Smile World, that's a spell, so you win." Ryker said giving a grin as big as the happy shapes on the card.

Jacen looked through his deck as he thought about what he was going to play against his opponent. He watched the man. He knew the duel was going to be long but he knew he could hold his own against the man. weather or not he was going to win was the other question.

"Don't you know how to set face down cards?" Yuba Asked. "I Draw! I use the spell Back-Up Rider to give Cameraclops 1500 attacks points and attack your Magician." Yuba said as his warrior attacked the magician.

"I expected you to do that," Zenix said with a smirk, "I activate my magician's effect. If she's being targeted for an attack, I can Special Summon a Spellcaster from my Graveyard to take the attack for her. So I Special Summon my Skilled Dark Magician in defense mode!" The magician appeared on the field in defense mode, "And now, your monster's attack points get cut in half! Also, because of your Trap Card, my Skilled Dark Magician returns to my hand instead of my Graveyard." The Skilled Dark Magician took the attack and returns to Zenix's hand.

Chase braced himself, gritting his teeth as he prepared for the worst. "I draw." The two continuous spell cards in front of him started to glow, both dealing damage to him. The 2000 damage points burnt him, leaving him on 700 life's points. His opponent ahead of him grinned. "You don't have any monsters on your field, and on your next turn your Contract cards will hurt you anyway. Just throw in the towel already." He bragged. His ace monster, the Zubaba General, towered above him. Chase looked at the two cards in his hand and the cards on his field. "Not yet. My Dark Contract spells may hurt me every turn, but they have powerful effects! I activate my Dark Contract With The Gate, allowing me to add D/D Nighthowl from my deck to my hand! And now, I normal summon it, and use it's effect to special summon my D/D Berfomet from my Graveyard!" It was time. "Using Berfomets effect, I change the level of my Nighthowl from 3 to 4. And since my Nighthowl is a Tuner monster, I can Synchro summon! With D/D Berfomet and D/D Nighthowl, come forth! PSY-Framelord Omega!" But it wasn't enough yet. "And now, I place the Level 8 D/D/D Chaos King Apocalypse from my hand to the pendulum zone, and use it's Pendulum effect! I can Banish two D/D monsters from my Graveyard to special summon it from my Pendulum zone! By banishing D/D Nighthowl and D/D Berfomet, I special summon Chaos King Apocalypse!" It was time to finish this Turbo duel. "Attack his Zubaba General, Chaos King Apocalypse!" Apocalypse fired a laser from it's Crystal lower-half, destroying the General and lowering his controllers life points by 700, from 3100 to 2400. "And now, PSY-Framelord Omega, attack him directly!" Omega swooped in, blasting his opponent with psychic thunder for 2800 damage, finishing the duel. Both bikes came to a grinding halt, and he headed off. He expected the others would make more impressive entrances, especially in the second round.

"Alright, I draw!" Zenix said and then thought to himself, 'Now that his Spell wore off, his Cameraclops is now at 1200.' "I place two cards face cards face down," he said as he placed the cards face down, "And then I summon my Skilled Dark Magician back to the field." The Skilled Dark Magician then appeared on the field again. "Now, Skilled Dark Magician, attack his Cameraclops!" The magician then went over to attack Yuba's monster.

Cameraclop was destroyed. "Urk." Yuba groaned as he took 700 points of damage. "Cameraclop return to my hand, since this card left the field, Battleguard Rage is destroyed." He said.

"Alright, now Chocolate Magician Girl attack his face down!" Zenix said. The Chocolate Magician Girl then charged at Yuba's face down monster.

"Alright my turn, I draw." Yuba looked at the clock. "I better finish this quickly." He said to himself. "I set the pendulum scale with scale 2 Risebell The Summoner and scale 5 Dark Doriado!" He said as his two monsters got into their pendulum pillars. "And now I Pendulum summon! Welcome back Cameraclop, and say hello to Feedback Warrior!" Yuba's monsters were summoned to the field. "I activate my other facedown card Galaxy Wave! Every time I XYZ summon you will take 500 points of damage. Now I use Risebell's Pendulum ability increasing Feedback Warrior's level by one. I now overlay my two monster to build the overlay network and XYZ summon number 39: Utopia!" Utopia was summoned onto the field with a wave of energy. "Now Utopia attack Chocolate Magician!"

Zenix took 500 points of damage due to the Spell and his life points dropped to 4300. He smirked as Yuba aimed for his magician girl. "Did you forget about my magician's ability?" he said, "Well let me remind you. I'll use to Special Summon my Mystical Elf in defense mode!" The elf appeared in defense mode and was destroyed by Utopia's attack. "Now your Utopia's attack gets cut in half."

Last edited:
Yuba Groaned. "Well I end my turn." He said as Utopia's attack points dropped to 1250. "that was a really good move Zenix." Yuba complemented. "Aroma Jar's second ability activate giving me 500 life points."

Last edited:
"Thanks, you're pretty good too," Zenix complemented back at Yuba, "Now, I draw!" He looks at the card he drew, "Here goes. I activate, Swords of Revealing Light!" Bright swords came down and landed on Yuba's side of the field, "Now your monsters can't attack for three turns. Plus, I get to add a Spell Counter on my Skilled Dark Magician. Now, I summon Silent Magician LV4!" A little white magician appeared on the field. "Now, Skilled Dark Magician, attack his Utopia!" The magician charged at Utopia.

"No matter," Zenix said, "I'll just attack with Chocolate Magician Girl." The magician charged at Utopia for an attack. He hopes that Yuba might use his last overlay unit.

"I use my second Overlay Unit." Yuba said as Utopia blocked the attack. "I have used Utopia's last Overlay Unit, Your next attack will destroy it." Yuba said looking down.

Zenix watches as Utopia blocks the attack. "Now then, that only leaves your Aroma Jar," he said, pointing at the jar, "Now, Silent Magician, destroy that jar!" The white mage proceeded to attack the Aroma Jar.

Last edited:
"I end my turn now," Zenix said, "Also, every time you draw a card, my Silent Magician gains a Spell Counter, and each time she gains one her attack raises by 500 points."

"Alright I draw." He said. "Need to get rid of that magician." He said to himself. "I Overlay my Utopia to rebuild the overlay network and XYZ summon Chaos Number 39: Utopia Ray!" Utopia Ray appeared on the field. "I set one card face down and end my turn."

As Yuba drew a card, the Silent Magician gained a Spell Counter and it's attack raised to 1500. "I draw!" Zenix said as he drew a card, "I end my turn."

"I draw." Yuba looked at his card. "One more turn until I can attack ." He whispered. "I summon Blade Knight and its special ability activate, since I have no card in my hand Blade Knight gain 400 attack points." Blade knight's attack raised to 2000. "I end my turn."

Zenix's Silent Magician's attack raised to 2000. "I draw!" he said as he drew a card, "You still have one more turn before my swords of light fade. And with that I end my turn."

"I draw." He looked at his card. "Perfect, I use the spell carb fissure! Since your Chocolate Magician girl has the least attack point it get destroyed!" He said as a fissure formed bellow the magician.