• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Jira thought for a moment, rubbing his chin.
"I dunno, man. I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss you, Tobias. There's a lot of other ways to gain popularity besides... how did you put it? Comply with primative social conventions?" Jira said. The Slifer Red couldn't help but to chuckle at Tobais' eloquent wording. "I mean, you did help drive off the raiders using a freaking sword. That's a pretty notable thing in of itself. Bam, a way people might think of you to pick you for the competition. Being a Ra Yellow also shouldn't hurt, as you said Willow."

Jira sighed and laid back on the ground, putting his hands behind his head.
"I think I'll be fine just watching the duels. Maybe I'll be able to learn something from watching professional duelists. Or maybe we will see something like an awesome Dinosaur deck." Jira said. He grinned to Willow. "Yeah, you got the Dinosaur thing right. It's funny, but Kaiju aren't really ones for Dragons. I dunno. Just doesn't really vibe right. Thunder King is the most dragonlike one I guess, but he's really more like an alien. Are there alien Dragons? Heck, what makes a Dragon?"

Jira began to ramble off the main focus of the conversation.

"Watch you get in the tournament by orders of KaibaCorp or something, Crowler would pop a vein every single minute he'd see you and that's an incredible visual." Willow chuckled as she stretched her legs before sprawling on the ground next to Jira. "Now this is the luxury fit for an empress. Lying on the ground with friends, truly the pinnacle of comfort." As for Jira's spiel about dragons, she decided to stoke the flame. "In Duel Monsters, most Dragon monster are draconic in appearance and have high stats, take Luster Dragon for example with 1900 atk for a normal lvl 4 monster or Blue-Eyes, which has the highest attack of any normal monster. As for real dragons, the definition is a bit more fluid depending on where you're from. In Europe, dragons are generally quadrapedal malevolent reptilian creatures with wings on their back and the ability to breathe fire whilst in Asia, dragons are considered to be benevolent with great wisdom and long serpentine bodies without wings. I've seen charts on what defines a dragon physiologically, but it really just depends on where you are in my honest opinion. I don't know, I don't use dragons. The only Gladiator Beast dragon is Augustus, and I don't have them."

She wasn't quite as knowledgable on dragons than gladiators, but she knew enough to keep a conversation going. Whether Tobias joined in or not was up to him, though the latter was more likely.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
"...If all they gather is I'm some maniac with a sword, then their line of thought is as clouded as a mist dampened summer's eve."

He crossed his arms, not necessarily liking the thought of being known for his self defense rather than his architectural exploits. No matter, they were irrelevant anyway. Soon it strayed from the topic of card games and popularity, to dragons and folklore. Now that. That was something he could be a part of.

"Personally, I find intrigue in the more complex dragon like organisms and deities across religion and societal schemes. The Quetzalcóatl For one, Are you both aware of it? It is said to embody the entirety of the sky and the heavens that lie beyond it. 'The god of many feathers', the 'wisest of men', these titles were bestowed upon it. Despite these titles, it took part in human sacrifices. Large temples fabricated in it's honor, bodies littering the grounds. Such a paradoxial existence to be known as the wisest benevolent god, yet encourage the killing of their fellow man for prideful worship."

Willow tilted her head, looking at Tobias from her lower vantage point. "I've heard of them, yeah. Wasn't it like a snake with wings? I really have no other way to describe it. I get your point, but human sacrifice was pretty commonplace among the Mayans. Hell, their sun god needed human sacrifices to have enough strength to fight his siblings and sister which were the stars and moon respectively. If the sun god lost his power, his siblings would plunge the world into eternal darkness and kill their mother because she got pregnant from a ball of feathers. Mythology is weird like that, apparently their mother had a head that was created by the blood flowing from two giant serpents after their heads were cut off. Wasn't Quetzalcóatl involved with creating the world as well? Then again, according to the Mayans we're currently on our fifth world after the other four went belly-up. The first one had jaguars raining from the sky which just sounds horrifying, the second one was destroyed by a hurricane, the third one went up in flames by fire rain and after that they took precautions against said fire rain apparently, as it was destroyed by a flood. Really makes you wonder what they did to finally get it right?"

"Must say Tobias, didn't take you for someone to be interested in Mesoamerican mythology. My first thought would be Egyptian mythology, given we have evidence that the Egyptians played a game akin to Duel Monsters and it is easy to find information on with all the books about Egypt for kids. The more you know, I guess. Then again, you call yourself an archeologist. It would make sense for you to be knowledgable about multiple ancient cultures."

Jira followed along with the conversation the best he could. Quetzalcóatl? He thought he had seen a movie with that in it, a big ol' feathered snake winged thingy. Not exactly what came to mind when Jira thought 'Dragon'. It sounded like he was thinking of the right thing, from what Willow and Tobias were saying. It also sounded like both Tobias and Willow knew wayyyy more about this then he did. Everyone knew about human sacrifices, but eternal darkness? Jaguars falling from the sky?

Wack.

Jira frowned as he followed the conversation.
"Did the Mayans have any games like Duel Monsters?" Jira asked Tobias and Willow.

Willow furrowed her brows as she tried to think of an example. "I don't know if they have any card games like we do, but they did have a game that was like soccer. Two teams played with a rubber ball and were only allowed to touch it with the right hip, the right elbow and the right knee. The goal of the game was to pass the ball around through a stone ring to the other team and make the opponents fumble, so that they'd let the ball hit the ground. The game lasted for two weeks, which is just wack. Another thing about the game is that the captain of the winning team would get sacrificied to the gods. Just goes to show how devoted they were to their gods, because that's just a ridiculous thing to happen to the victors. I'd say that it makes more sense for the captain of the losing team to get sacrificied, but I don't make the rules."

Stretching her arms and crossing her legs, Willow surpressed a yawn. "Mayans were wack, but which ancient civilisation wasn't? Honestly, mad respect to them for keeping it going for that long until the conquistadors came along. I should do some research on them, though I probably shouldn't do that whilst I'm eating. Not that the Slifer food is any good, but I'd rather have some nutrients in me than not being able to eat anything because of the description of ritual sacrifices."

"...You will find history in general to be my expertise. There is no facet that I have an complete blind eye to, that much I guarantee." Tobias responded. "Egyptian, Mesoamerican, my interest is broader than mere borders. After all, the sands of time wears the entire world away, not just one location, leaving knowledge behind in the wake of yesterday's gale."

Tobias was going to respond to the card game comment with a small lecture on the subject, or lack thereof, but someone had beaten him to it. He let Willow continue her speech, nodding in agreement subtly as she went on. Nearing the end, Tobias had a curious look in his eye.

"Gladiatorial arenas? That I understand. But knowledge of ancient tribes? I must admit this comes as a surprise to hear such things from you. Tell me, what are the boundaries of your historical knowledge? It is refreshing to see one taking note of the old ways."

Wow, not even a consistent kiss ass. Acting all cool to impress the "bad boy" huh?

Zack had no way to know how much of this was an act or if it was the real Weasel not bothering to hide his scheme to him, but regardless hearing someone else diss Crowler was a touch amusing as the guy had given a proper introduction. Though the term he used was something that caught his ear as he let out a light chuckles. "Hooligans? I presume that is who you call your click?" Zack asked though he made sure to have his tone carry interest.

---------
Bella had made her way out of class, she needed to find Bob but he seemed to be quicker as he had already left the class. Thankfully Bella seemed to see him head off in the direction of the card shop before he moved out of view, or least in the area where the card shop could be found and decided to venture there first.

If nothing else, least was a decent place to start looking. Besides, a fresh booster pack was always a bonus.

And as she entered, it seemed her guess was true as she saw Bob who seemed to be conversing with Miss Dorothy about something, what Bella had no way to know as she opted to keep back and wait for their conversation to wrap up before the newcomer Obelisk Blue walked up to him with the clear intent to strike conversation.

"Hey, Bob right? Based on the roll call of class and all. My name is Bella and I am new to this school, but I was wondering if you could spare a minute to talk about something." Bella asked as this perhaps was a key chance to get Bob's two cents on this whole "prank" problem on campus.

"Yeah Yeah, somethin' like that." Weasel responded, somewhat dismissively. "They are the no-good troublemakers that made these pranks possible. Thing is, they are absolute betas. Couldn't lead a dog out of a house if they had a leash, Get me?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Weasel draped himself on a nearby sign, dramatically putting the back of his wrist to his forehead.

"You see, we are badasses, but even badassery can get stale if there's only one idea guy. What is the use of a team of no good pranksters if all I got are yes-men?? It's B-O-R-I-N-G!"

Throwing his hands up in the air as he explained his boredom epidemic, he quickly pointed a finger at his guest.

"Ya see, we need fresh blood! That's where YOU come in hotshot! Ya know what I see? I see a screw up that'll go nowhere in life. Ya know what else I see? Still a screw up but one that can screw everyone else's day up while making a few laughs!"

Moving his way over to him, and attempting to put his small arm around his shoulder. Snickering in his usual Weasel fashion, his voice became ever sharper.

"And as a perk to sweeten the deal a little, we can get that Crowler nonsense off your back, we can say I'm taking you under my wing or whatever dumb thing they'll eat up. So whaddya say? Want to give it a free trial~?"

Last edited:
"I've done some research on Roman, Greek, Norse, Mesoamerican and of course European history. My sisters use Valkyrie and Amazoness decks respectively and I thought that they were the coolest when I was young. I know the Amazons are from Greek history, but when I was young I thought they lived in the Amazon rainforest. When I found out that they didn't originate there, I was too stubborn to admit defeat and discovered the Mayans. I'm trying to get into Egyptian history, but the mythology gets confusing when gods mingle with gods from other pantheons like the Roman one, names change and the hierarchy of power changes more frequently than the weather. Though it is better than Norse, given there's a lot more written sources to be used than just the Prose Edda and the Poetic Edda. As for Greek history, Rome basically looked at Greek history and decided to take it for themselves. It's like someone asking to copy someone's homework without editing it a bit."

Willow leaned on her elbows as she spoke with Tobias. "Does that answer your question? If you've got anything else you wanna ask, feel free to. I don't bite, or atleast not hard." Chuckling to herself, she flexed her fingers before continuing to talk. "Maybe you can start like a history club, get some like-minded people together. Who knows? It might be fun."

-----------------

Bob's curiosity and suspicion both rose as Bella began talking to him. An Obelisk Blue spending time with those outside of Obelisk Blule was pretty rare, only Dahlia matched that description to his knowledge and technically Weasel, but he didn't count in his book. Did Weasel send her? He wouldn't put it past the boy, though she didn't seem to have that bandanna the Hooligans wore. That didn't say much, as he never got one, but it was worth keeping in mind. Deciding to give the girl the benefit of the doubt, the Ra Yellow let the die roll through his fingers as he crossed his legs. "Sssure, I've got some time to kill before my friends show up. What brought you here to me? Surely Obelisk Blue has more capable people for whatever problem you're dealing with."

Blowback Dragon floated next to Bella, letting out its signature laugh. "Eheheheheh, well well well. Look at you, you're attracting all the pretty girls. First Tracy, then this Obelisk girl. Moving up in the world, huh? Be sure to remember me when you make it big!"

Bob meanwhile had no intent to react to Blowback Dragon's obvious taunts. He had more pressing issues at hand than what the obnoxious spirit thought of him, and there was no way he could tell the spirit to shut up without Bella noticing or getting called weird. He settled on letting the die roll through his fingers until the one was aimed at Bella and Blowback Dragon before letting it roll again. Snake Eyes, the most subtle way he could glare at his spirit without scaring off Bella.

"Funny, cause what I need to talk about concerns a recently made Obelisk Blue..." Bella mused, though she seemed to sense a natural hesitation which sadly Bella had come to understand. Obelisk Blues on average seemed to be happy to ride out their privilege so one coming to a "lesser" Dorm student had been likely unusual from Bob's POV.

Unaware of Blowback Dragon's presence, though once more having felt that odd sensation from her own card on her belt she paused as if to wrestle with that before she would continue on. Almost the outline of a Mask might've been noticed by the Duel Spirit but Bella quickly focused on her main point.

"...as I was saying, this is about Weasel as well as those pranks on campus. Another student informed me that you were a witness to Weasel's antics, can you confirm you saw him committing one of the infamous pranks that have been causing issues on campus?" Bella asked, clear and simply as she seemed to want Bob to share what he had known. In truth she knew Weasel was the guilty party, she also sensed Bob knew Weasel was guilty but she needed his confirmation if her case was to get any legs.

----------
Needless to say this was going well already, seemed the guy already was reaching a hand out to him and offered a means to help Crowler not eye him as he had throughout today's lecture which is what Zack aimed to get from this little "partnership" in the first place as he had a sly smirk. Though it faded slightly as Weasel had moved to put his arm around him which Zack worked to try and lift off as he looked the Hoologin leader in the eye to address his offer.

"Seems like you'd be a natural salesmen if the whole dueling thing doesn't work out. Before I say anything let me make one thing clear, this little group of yours...I ain't no underling, if we are the Hooligins it won't be "Weasel and his Hooligins" and regardless of how the others are treated you will treat me as an equal and nothing less." Zack pointed out, as he had not minded Weasel being seen as being his guide from Crowler's POV but he made a point to know he was not content to be Weasel's yes man like others before him.

"So long as you are mindful of that, and give oh Gear head a flattering report of me, I think our goals will flow quite nicely together." Zack said simply, for now it seemed he needed not use his knowledge of Weasel as the prankster which Weasel made no effort to hide here as he'd simply keep that in the back pocket for when it would be useful as he seemed to take to the offer.

Bob's eyes narrowed as Bella mentioned Weasel and Blowback Dragon knew that their human was a lot more on-edge, leaving any potential quip for later. The Ra Yellow looked around the card shop before locking eyes with the Obelisk Blue. "I have seen him commit some pranks, yeah. The case in question being the hot springs incident where he alongside his cohorts took everyone's clothes before saying he found them, causing a fight to break out among the people there. Before I say anything else, who is this other student you mentioned and in what way are you affiliated with Weasel or any of his friends? I want confirmation that what I am going to say will not be used against me in any way, shape or form. Weasel and I have some history that could get us into trouble, that includes you. You are aware of Weasel's influence and connections, no?"

The boy interlocked his fingers as he waited for Bella to answer. Blowback Dragon floated away from Bella to stay alongside Bob, both to support the boy by literally being on his side and to see any potential spirits that could eavesdrop on the conversation. "No other spirits visible than me, you can speak freely if the girl is a good one. Watch out boss, this girl can be bad news regardless of her looks."

Jira continued to listen to the conversation silently. While he didn't know much about Valkyrie cards, he was familiar with Amazoness cards. So Willow's siblings used those types of monsters? A whole family of warriors. Jira himself didn't know too much about these topics, just bits he had read about in stories and books. And that was mostly Greek and Roman Mythology. He doubted the few things with ancient native American or Egyptian civilizations he had seen from action and adventure movies were too accurate either.

"Is that what you guys want to do today?" Jira asked, looking back to Willow and Tobias. "Try and set up a history club? I might not know much about history, but I could probably give you guys a hand if you wanted to start one up."

"Oh ho ho, now ain't that a counter offer! Knew you had spunk in you...!"

Weasel made a single laugh before giving a long exhale, sliding in next to him rather than draped on the lad.

"Listen cuz, it's a free trial on both sides. While I'd love for you to join, I gotta see if you can pull your weight. Soldiers don't start at captain after all. Have to see that your more than just bark, ya feel? And don't worry, I got the PERFECT opportunity for you to show that."

Giving him a smirk and a wink, the boy appeared to hold something behind his back, planning something.

"And if you are a part of the Hooligans, and preform better than the cannon fodder, consider your request granted. Savvy?"

So she does have more than rudimentary knowledge of the ancient and recent past. What a fortunate turn of events. Tobias found solace in the fact that he wasn't the only Stuart of Olde in this school. Although upon the mention of a history club, Tobias all of a sudden became stiff, hiding his nose in his scarf.

"I...I cannot co-sign that course of action." Tobias explained. "Teaching to half a dozen children in dire need and having scheduled lessons in a school are vastly different subjects. To lead such a club...its a heavy responsibility to keep those involved engaged. I have concerns..."

Good so it seemed he was willing to speak out against Weasel, that was an encouraging first step and seemed to show that there were those on campus willing to speak against him much like Dahlia before. Speaking of her, it seemed Bob was on edge about this info as she asked for her relationship to Weasel as well as where she had gotten that tip from as he seemed to warn of Weasel's influence and connections which given Bob's own history seemed to scare him. Bella seemed to understand and even offered a sympathetic smile his way before she'd work to try and assure him. "I understand, it is for that reason that I avoided naming my source. I'll only say it is from a fellow Obelisk Blue unaffiliated with Weasel, really a victim of his antics. Which is why I came to you. I am on the surface part of Weasel's "investigation" team to find the guilty party behind the pranks, but I actually want to find the person responsible. And it seems to be Weasel, well that doesn't change my mission statement." Bella said, making it clear she seemed to support the accusations against Weasel and even "working" with him she seemed unafraid to go against him.

"Which is why this confession is helpful. I aim to put together a report to expose Weasel's crimes, but I need evidence if I am gonna get someone like Crowler to see past his bias. Evidence and testimonies will force Crowler to take action, no matter what he may want to believe." Bella said, though had kept with the hush tone that Bob adopted as beyond the slight presence of a mask which seemed to fade there seemed to be no spirits by Bella nor had she noticed Bob's.

---------
"More of a condition than an offer really~"

Zack seemed amused by Weasel, he may have been a pain in the ass to everyone (Including this little group he was gonna see later) but he seemed to have an energy to him that had put him above the usual boring or stick in the mud type students.

Regardless, he was curious what little "test of worth" Weasel had on the mind as he folded his arms over his chest and worked a response.

"Uh huh, and what errand did you have in mind for me oh master Weasel?" Zack said, making a sarcastic quip though he had been curious what Weasel had stirring in that active brain of his.

Last edited:

"Glad you asked most loyal subject!" Weasel mused, rolling with the 'master' title he was given. "Behold!"

He flashed a ticket out from behind his back. It was laminated, having several sereal numbers and the Kaiba Corp logo on the left hand side. It was a registration...for-

"The Kaiba Corp Third Wave tourney!" Weasel grinned. "I and a couple others were given first pick of my ticket. Personally, I couldn't care less about totting in front of a bunch of people. You however are gonna do just that. I nominate YOU to go in my stead! Go make me a winner, pouty boy!"

"No pressure dude, it's just a fun idea. Besides, you don't need to schedule anything. Just notify anyone who is a member whenever you want to hang out with people and talk about history in general. Having a plan is nice, but not required. We're not gonna pressure you into doing anything, just spewing ideas right now." Willow reassured Tobias before turning to Jira. "I've got no plans, you?"

-----------------------

"Hmmm, very well. Take a seat." To Bob's knowledge, all Ra Yellows were unaffiliated with Weasel. Maybe Tracy sent this girl to him? He'd have to ask her later. "You've come to the right person, I was a member of Weasel's hooligan gang before he stabbed me in the back. I've not seen a whole lot of pranks, but the hot springs incident is a big one. You might've heard the A.I. going wild during the Spirit Week tournament, that was also the result of one of Weasel's gang members. I will not name them, since they have since sworn off that lifestyle. Weasel's almost always with two Slifer Reds, called Braxer and Bix. Braxer is a large hulking guy and Bix looks like a scared rabbit, plus he fawns over every girl he sees. You should be able to pick them out relatively easily. Now, Weasel has once pulled something on Crowler including glitter, since he blackmailed me into joining his group by putting glitter in my pocket and taking a picture of me taking it out to frame me for the crime. He also dumped a bag of glitter in my drawer when he betrayed me, he also has a picture of that. The bag is still there, I have not touched it. He has put up this detective role to get Crowler to eat out of his hands, so be careful. You might be an Obelisk, but he has enough favor points with Crowler that he went from Slifer to Obelisk overnight."

The machine duelist let the die roll through his fingers one last time before setting it down, showing a four. "It is very likely that Weasel will use that blackmail he has of me to pull pranks, which can muddle your investigation. He never tells his subordinates his plans, or at least he never told me, so I cannot bring you any information unless you put like a recorder on me. Around the island, there are so-called Kid Caches that contain food or prank materials, they might be interesting for your investigation. A friend of mine and I are going to try and find one that I know of to disrupt his plans, it might be worthwile to tag along so you can see what they look like. If Weasel decides to throw me under the bus and shows his blackmail to Crowler, there is a big chance that I'll be sent home on the next boat to the mainland. If you want to schedule more talks, you have to do so whilst I'm still here." Leaning back in his chair, Bob crossed his arms as Blowback Dragon stayed vigilant. "Any remaining questions?"

"Yeah, and maybe you could find some one else to lead it. Just because you came up with the idea doesn't have to mean you're in charge." Jira said to Tobias. The Slifer Red thought about Willow's question for a moment before shrugging.
"No, I got nothing planned for today. Maybe some studying later or something. I have a feeling that class might get a bit harder now that Crowler is in charge." Jira said.

Jira sighed, looking up at the sky. He paused a moment, before recalling something.
"Oh!" Jira said, rolling over and looking up at Willow and Tobias. A grin spread across his face, showing his pointed teeth. "So I heard a rumor..."
The Slifer Red boy took up a sitting position, looking at Willow and Tobias excitedly.
"So evidently a while ago, this weird lady came on the island and built a big ol' coliseum-looking place somewhere in the forest. And supposedly, its still there to this day." Jira said to the pair. "We could try looking for it!"

"Oh no, yeah. That's almost a given, plus you gotta study hard if you want to get out of Slifer." When Jira mentioned a supposed colosseum, Willow looked at the boy with a big grin on her face. "Really? Now you're speaking my language!" Jumping up from the floor, she extended a hand to Jira to help him get up. "I say we go look for it. If we find it, it's bound to be inspiration for my own colosseum. Maybe I can use it myself, who knows? And if we don't find it, atleast we've had a little adventure today. It beats lazing about in a classroom, no?"

Turning to look at Tobias, the girl raised an eyebrow. "Do you want to come along or do you have any plans today? It could be fun, maybe even educational." The Slifer Red said as she attempted to coax Tobias into joining the little expedition.

It seemed that Bob indeed was willing to speak and she sat down to listen as he gave the full story, something Bella seemed excited for as she had taken her seat to listen with great if not visible interest. And boy oh boy was it the full story, from his own connection to Weasel, to individual pranks and what Weasel had done everything Bob could have mentioned was on the table. Needless to say Bella had gotten more than she bargained for as she made sure to remember each detail best she could determined to make a written note of this so she would not make a careless slip on the details.

Bob was even more helpful than Bella might've hoped, as he further added on this Kid Caches system which seemed to have desired materials for pranks which if Bella could secure one of those would be tangible evidence on top of the testimonies of Dahlia and Bob here. Her case was looking stronger by the moment, all she needed was to organize her report, get this evidence and piece together 1 or more physical details and she'd have what she'd need to close the case. While Bella seemed to think she was on the right track, Bob reminded her of the pull Weasel had and worried the use of blackmail may kick him off the island which caused Bella to frown. Not one of sadness, but of determination as she looked Bob in the eye.

"Believe me Bob, I will not allow that to happen. I won't stand and allow anyone innocent to be denied their dream because this prankster wills it. The only one who will have consequences to face is Weasel, I'll make sure of that. But the help of you and others willing to stand for the truth will be key in this battle. I think finding this Kid Cache will be a key first step." Bella said, as she had made it clear she aimed to ensure this prankster got what they deserved and seemed to have a fire in her resolve to ensure Bob won't leave the island for daring to stand for integrity.

----------
Zack rolled his eyes as Weasel seemed to roll with the term play but focused on the more important piece of info as it seemed what Weasel asked of him was being made part of this little Kaiba Cup or whatever Crowler had mentioned earlier in his place.

"Eh? I figured you'd want the chance to duel as that is basically the perk of being at a duel school." Zack asked, as he seemed confused why anyone when given a free seat for something like a dueling tournament would have chosen to take a pass.

Either way, he saw it as a chance to get a decent fun time. Though of course there was one caveat.

"Yeah something tells me Crowler may have issues with me, the Slifer Red that left the school giving him a bloody nose, being one of the student reps for this. I don't see much sweet talking letting that go." Zack pointed out to Weasel.

Bob nodded as Bella told him of her plan. "Very well. One more thing, Weasel has a couple of rules for his gang. Don't prank others and don't cross the Kid. Given he stabbed me in the back for simple criticism, I don't think he'll spare you if he catches wind of this. I can give you my number, but don't save me. That way no direct link can be put between us." The Ra Yellow placed the die on the table, rolling it so that the top face matched the number of his phone number. The rhythmic clacking of the die continued until the full number was given. "You're one of only three people who know my story with Weasel who are not members of his gang, and one of only two people on this island. I'm betting on you and putting my fate in your hands, girl. Don't make me regret it." It wasn't as if he could threaten the Obelisk, he never would even try that, but it was important for Bella to know that someone trusted in her. "I've revealed my hand, it's up to you to make the most out of it."

After Bob finished talking, Blowback Dragon spoke up. "You don't really care about those pranks stopping, do you? You just want to see Weasel get punished for stabbing you in the back, you are way too relaxed about the pranks after all." The boy let out a dry chuckle. "Weasel's potentially ruined my future, now it's my turn to ruin his."

Tracy and Dahlia made their way into the card shop, and Dahlia raised an eyebrow at Tracy. The Ra Yellow hadn't told her friend about anything that was happening, and it was starting to... well, make Dahlia a little suspicious. The Obelisk Blue girl had a feeling they weren't going to the card shop just to help supplement their decks.

As Tracy made her way in, she glanced around the card shop. There was Bob! But he was talking to some random Obelisk Blue girl that Tracy did not recognize. Tracy made eye contact with Bob, trying to see if he was alright without making her way over to the student or talking to him. Dahlia, on the other hand, recognized Bella. So she had found Bob... But from here, she couldn't tell what they were talking about. She hoped that Bella really was who she said she was...

"Your girlfriend's here." Blowback Dragon chuckled before getting a snake eye cast its way. "Well no need to be so rude, oddly defensive about that huh? What's wrong, can't handle the truth?" As the spirit kept taunting Bob, the Ra Yellow nodded simply towards Tracy and Dahlia. So she managed to at least drag Dahlia this far, maybe she can convince her to join their cause. If he was truly lucky, the existence of Bella would only do him some favors. "Hey there, here for some packs? I've heard that there are some new packs out this week, it might be worth checking out."

It was a simple excuse for the presence of the girls, Bella didn't need to know Tracy was involved until she proved herself trustworthy. As for Dahlia, she was the most likely Obelisk to send Bella after him. After all, he only interacted with two Obelisks and Weasel would not go through the trouble of sending this girl after him. He only hoped that his hunch was correct, or else he'd be in a lot of trouble. Meanwhile Blowback Dragon floated around Tracy, trying to get her attention. "Yo, Blondie! That kid over there likes you, whaddaya say about that?"

Surpressing a sigh, Bob turned back to Bella whilst being grateful that only he could hear Blowback Dragon. If Tracy or Dahlia could hear them, this would be very awkward to explain.

Weasel scoffed at his newfound company, shrugging his shoulders back and giving a sleazy limp wrist in his general direction.

"Life's more than dueling, girlfriend." He teased. "Just a means to an end really. Can't honestly think we'll be dueling forever, eh?"

Weasel snickered, knowing exactly what to do in this situation. Sure Crowler wouldn't accept any low leveled Slifer red that did such a thing to even be in his presence without receiving detention, even with deputy status. However...

"You are gonna be special my friend. You will be in Weasel's rehabilitation camp for troubled youngsters. In other words, your so screwed up that dear ol' loveable Weasel has gotta help. I'm sure even Victoria's Secret would get that. Call this little duel outing a field test of your emotional training I've been putting you through eh?"

"Looking for it...?"

Tobias stopped, conflicted about the issue. He really should make his rounds to make sure no suspicious activity was happening, check all the borders of the school. But...such a find of Historical significance...he had to curse his interests.

"...Fine. Onwards thy comrades, to the glory or to brimstone!" He exclaimed, jutting his hand out dramatically.

Tracy glanced from Bob to Bella with concern. Bob didn't particularly look like he was signaling for assistance, or for Tracy to scram. So the Ra Yellow girl simply nodded to Bob and began to turn towards the new packs. Tracy seemed completely oblivious to Blowback Dragon presences, walking right past the spirit. Tracy accidently passed through part of Blowback Dragon as she walked by, and the Ra Yellow girl shivered but otherwise seemed not to notice.

Dahlia looked at Tracy suspiciously, then at Bob. Still not too certain what was happening, Dahlia nodded to Bella.
"Hey Bella." Dahlia said in greeting to the fellow Obelisk Blue girl before heading over next to Tracy. Dahlia too passed through Blowback Dragon, but unlike Tracy she was completely unaffected.

Tracy began to look through the card packs, using a mirror in the shop to occasionally glance over to Bob and Bella. Dahlia leaned against the wall next to Tracy.
"Okay, what's going on here? You didn't bring me here for new cards." Dahlia whispered, a little irritated. She too glanced over to Bob and Bella before looking back to Tracy. "Does this have something to do with Bob? Do I got to beat him up or something?"
"No, no, it's not like that. Look, I... I just need your help with something, and it has to do with helping Bob. We just gotta wait." Tracy said. Dahlia gave Tracy a doubtful look.
"Trace, you've been acting kinda strange lately and I've been getting concerned. What's with this, secrecy? Changing your deck? What's going on?" Dahlia asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jira's grin grew as Tobias decided to join their little party.
"Alright!" Jira said, jumping to his feet. "Now the only thing I know is that its located in the woods somewhere. No clue where, but I think its close to the school or dorms. So those should be some good places to start!"
Jira thought for a moment.
"Should we pack some snacks or something before we head out?" Jira asked.

"In the woods? How did anyone build an entire colosseum without someone noticing? You'd have to cut down trees or find a big enough clearing for it, and that's not even mentioning the materials needed to build the freaking thing." Willow looked at Jira confused for a second, before gathering her mind again. "It never hurts to be prepared, we don't know how long we'll be out for after all. Let's say we'll be out till curfew, so preparing to not be hungry or thirsty until that time is probably the safest choice. I'm really curious now as to how a colosseum has been hidden from the students for this long and still only be a rumor, it's just madness!"

----------

Bob picked up on how Dahlia greeted Bella, causing the Ra Yellow to lean forward and lower his voice. "Your informant wouldn't happen to be in this room right now, would they? Only two Tormentors know my name, and one of them is the one we were just talking about." There was no real reason for Bob to refer to Obelisks as Tormentors, but it felt intimidating and he felt the need to drive home the fact that Bella was not working with someone who was completely and utterly clueless.

"Yo, did you see that Obelisk girl? Not a single reaction. Trace shivered, but she didn't even blink! Something's up with that, man. Anyone who duels has some sort of reaction when walking through a spirit, usually a shiver, but she didn't. No reaction, but still one of the big boys and girls. I don't know what to think about that dude, it's like she doesn't acknowledge my existence." As Bob focused on the image that Bella had of him, Blowback Dragon focused on Dahlia's lack of a reaction. Something was off here, and they did not like it.

As Yohei walked into the card shop, chanting about a spell card, Bob turned to the boy and sighed. "Dude, can you tune it down a bit? No one appreciates someone repeatedly chanting, let alone the name of a Fusion spell." Fossil Fusion, it's been while since he'd seen it in action. It was surprising that this boy had knowledge on it though, to his knowledge only Trevor had that card. Meanwhile Blowback Dragon took to floating around Yohei and harassing him.

"You may bring what you require. However, a devoted archaeologist must always be prepared for an impulsive and sudden expedition. So I have preparations all in order for our venture. Can you say the same?"

Tobias was ready to roll out. He had wondered how long they had knew of such a colosseum inside school grounds. After all, such a thing wasn't a small feat. Who could have built it on an island that is so tightly monitored by the Kaiba Corporation? Then again, two invasions were allowed to happen. So he shouldn't be surprised.

Yohei looked towards Bob and smiled. "Oh, me? Jeez, are all Yellows this angry? It's as though you're put in your dorm from your attitude rather than your skill. Also, it feels like a very large flea is breathing on me." He turned to his side. "What is this thing anyway?", he said, motioning to Blowback Dragon.

Jira merely shrugged and grinned at Willow's question.
"No clue! Like I said, it was only a rumor. So we could just be chasing nothing at all." Jira said sheepishly. "I'm not surprised to hear that you're ready for something like this, Tobias. I ain't an archeologist tho. Now, asking me if I'm prepared for an impulsive and sudden watching of Kaiju movies, that's something I'm always ready for. But I think I still have some snacks left from lunch, so I guess I'm kinda ready. I should be fine."

Jira began to make his way towards the forest.
"So, Tobias, have you gone on many explorations like this before?" Jira asked Tobias.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy glanced around nervously.
"Dahlia... I... Well..." But before Tracy could say anything, something... well, rather unusual happened. The two girls turned and watched as a Slifer Red student cheerfully marched into the card shop, cheering about 'Fossil Fusion'. He seemed... familiar to Tracy. Didn't Raikiri say something about a sibling and Fossils?

To make things even weirder, the Obelisk Blue boy began... addressing the air next to him?
"Looks like someone's a few cards short of a deck." Dahlia muttered, watching this scene go down.

Last edited:

"Quite a many times." Tobias responded. "Where I come from, dig sites can be as quickly violated as they are found. So when news comes, we must act fast to secure it. Not unlike a slab of fresh meet dropped into a den of lionesses..."

Sad but true, prepping for these scenarios were necessity for the ruin explorer. It was only natural there were difficulties in letting that guard down, for better or for worse in this case.

"So then if you and I are prepared to depart on this trek, I must ask if Our compatriot, Willow is equally as prepared." Tobias spoke, turning toward their gladiator expert.

Bob rolled his eyes as Yohei began insulting his rank. Great, another one. Today was just littered with Slifer Reds that were way too easy to annoy. Letting out a sigh, the boy turned to Yohei. "If attitude got you a higher rank, you'd be an Obelisk. Listen, all I'm saying that maybe you should keep others in mind. It wouldn't hurt." As Yohei motioned to Blowback Dragon, he was taken aback slightly. No one has been able to see them, but like hell was he going to say he had a spirit. The chance that people would think he's crazy is way too high for him to risk it. Looking at the wall behind Blowback Dragon, Bob spoke up. "That's....a poster for a new pack called Machines Unleashed, it has Barrel Dragon on it. Never seen Barrel Dragon before?" It was mean to say, but Bob didn't forgive Yohei yet for insulting him. Public humiliation would be a nice punishment, plus if that poster was to be believed, he could get his hands on Barrel Dragon now. He simply had to have it, the chances that this pack was available the day he thought about making a Gun Dragon deck was just way too slim to merely be a coincidence.

---------------

Willow listened carefully to the exchange between Jira and Tobias and although she wasn't prepared in the slightest, excitement kept her from sitting still. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Should we get in trouble, I've got a fully charged phone and a powerful deck. Who knows, maybe I'll get a power boost from the Colosseum?" Chuckling to herself, she grabbed both Jira and Tobias on their shoulders. "Now then, shall we? Wouldn't want to let this opportunity go to waste now, do we?"

Yohei's smile vanished when he saw what Bob motioned to. "Ah yes, the poster. Very nice art. But that is not what I~" Wait a minute, he thought. Maybe he CAN'T see it. It is a duelless monster, after all. Heh, 'duelless'. Is that even a word? "I think I see the problem," Yohei said, smirking. "This poor creature suspended in midair, IN FRONT of the poster Mr. Pretty Boy addressed a second ago, is so lost that only I can see it. So I will not address this creature publicly any further, as you cannot see what I am talking about."

Bob looked around the room in an attempt to see what Yohei was referring to before shrugging. "You do you, kid. You do you. For all I know, you took the wrong medicine or something." With those words, the Ra turned away from Yohei as Blowback Dragon chuckled. "So you can see me? Such a shame no one believes you. Later, loser!" The spirit cackled as it flew through the door, leaving Yohei alone to digest the insult.

Good job dude, you just had to insult him. Bob criticized the actions of his spirit, why did he have to get such a nuisance of a spirit? At least it was relatively quiet without the constant nagging of his ace monster.

"Ohhh, he doesn't like me... that makes sense. Teenagers, tsk. They grow up so fast." Yohei then turned his attention to the many card packs. "Well, I'll be seeing you pretty fucks later, meanwhile I've got a date with these EARTH card packs." Yohei stocked up on packs and purchased them before turning to leave, still chanting "Fo-ssil Fu-sion!"

Dahlia and Tracy exchanged glances once again as Yohei purchased some card packs and left the card shop. As he was purchasing cards, Tracy hesitated. For a moment, it almost looked like... well, something flew through the shop. The Ra Yellow rubbed her eyes before looking again. Nothing. And that made sense, because if something was here everyone would have seen it. Must have just been overactive imagination from whatever that Slifer Red had been talking about, plus the rather impressive Barrel Dragon poster. Besides, Spirits? Being real? Well, Tracy wasn't too certain about that. Surely if spirit were real, they wouldn't just be hanging out around the card shop.
If that was Raikiri's brother, I can see why he's been having a hard time. He certainly doesn't seem like the most pleasant person. But then again, it could just be a bad first impression... Tracy thought.

"Hmf. Looks like the cliche of all the jerks being in Obelisk Blue isn't true after all." Dahlia said quietly, her arms crossed. She turned her attention back to Tracy. "Now, what's. Going. On."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jira pumped his fist.
"Sweet! Its time for an adventure!" Jira exclaimed. The Slifer Red student began to make his way towards the treeline once again. As he walked, he glanced back to the other two.
"So my plan was to just head and wander randomly in the forest until we found it. But do either of you know a better tactic that could help us find it quicker?" Jira asked the pair, taking a small map of the island out from his bag.

"Simple. We put context clues and combine them with the context of the island." Tobias explained. "After all, you heard this rumor from somewhere, no? What else did they say? Where it was nestled? The terrain? How wide open or enclosed it was? Was it by the oceanfront?"

He actually did a double take on that, putting a finger to his chin.

"Actually, I've surveyed a large swath of oceanfront areas in the vicinity of the island, so i would rule them out. As well as this strip of land here...to here."

He pointed lines drawing from the school grounds to the forest zones and to the beach. Looks like his intel gathered from tracking those baddies were multipurpose

Jira scratched his head, trying to recollect what he had overheard.

"Okay then. Supposedly, it was inland and located in a clearing in the forest, one that was just large enough to fit it. I think they said it was to the east of the school grounds and dorms, but not which dorms. And I didn't hear anything about the volcano, so I don't think it's super close to that either. So that leaves... uh, this chunk of the island? I think they also said their was some sort of super overgrown trail that led to it as well, and you would know the trail because there was some weeping willow trees by it or something." Jira said, trying his best to recall everything he had heard. He pointed out an area east of the Obelisk Blue boy's dorm and school grounds, towards the center of the island.

The Slifer Red gave Willow a grin.
"Hey, just start crying and we'll know we're close!" Jira said to Willow.

Willow tried to give her two cents on the situation. "We can rule out the Slifer and Ra dorms for sure, Slifer's next to the coast and there's no forest near Ra. Obelisk is indeed our best bet." As Jira made the joke about her name, the girl rolled her eyes and attempted to slap the back of Jira's head. "Only I can make bad puns, shush. I'll cry when I want to, though I'll keep it in mind. Do we need like sunscreen or water on the way there? Maybe something to mark our way, so we don't get lost? Though I suppose Tobias' sword can be used to carve something in the trees for us to follow." The girl cupped her chin as she tried to help her friends plan.

"I do not use my blade for any other purpose but to strike down my enemies, let there be no mistake." Tobias Corrected. "But, other than that matter, it seemed we have a general area of search. We shalt not delay, onwards compatriots, for spoils await our venture!"

Tobias pointed in the direction of their journey. It seems he wasn't planning to Doddle here any long than he had to.