• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Starter - Take 3

Which starter did you choose?

• Turtwig

Votes: 67 29.8%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 64 28.4%
  • Piplup

Votes: 94 41.8%

• Total voters
I Chose! Piplup! Because for one it is the CUTEST. Okay, I have a thing for the cuties, and also its ending evolution is the only one that still looks somewhat pretty. Though I was disappointed in the cuteness factor there, I still liked Emploeon and can't wait to use it in battles! Blue is also my favorite color and Water is my favorite type of Pokemon and I usually always get the water one! (I usually dont evolve them which im debating with on my Piplup as well).

All 3, assuming the system me and my friend will use works....

Is it possible to have 2 games (mine and my friends), and pick a starter, advance until you can trade, trade to my friend, and repeat until you have all three starters?

All 3, assuming the system me and my friend will use works....

Is it possible to have 2 games (mine and my friends), and pick a starter, advance until you can trade, trade to my friend, and repeat until you have all three starters?

You won't get the pal pad (needed for trading i think) until the fourth town (1st gym town).So it wont be quick at least i dont think.

I chose Chimchar in Diamond since a fire/fighting type was useful for the gyms. As for Pearl it didn't matter so much as I traded over a Charmander, but Turtwig got picked since it seemed slightly more useful than Piplup, no matter how nifty Empoleon looks.

I chose Chimchar. I always choose the starter pokemon that i think looks the coolest for me this time it was Chimchar. Chimchar is actually one of my favorite pokemon right now. :)

lol... I remeber I was debating for the logest time which to choose. At first I was going with Piplup but Turtwig was just too cute. So then I was looking at their final evolutions and really Disliked both Torterra and Empoleon. Monferno looked really cool (sorta like Goku from Journey to the West in a way). But Chimchar just didn't really seem like something I would choose.. I'm not that big on monkeys.

The point is I was just too fond of Turtwig so I chose him, regardless of how I disliked his final form

and so... after defeating the elite 4 and champion I STILL have a Turtwig =]
thank you everstone and B button!

P

Pokestar

I love Chimchar and Piplupz!

By Generation

1) Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
2) Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
3) Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
4) Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip

Well, I haven't played yet, but I'm planning to start with Turtwig, Every generation that goes by, I like to pick a different Starter Type

R/B/Y-Bulbasaur
G/S/C-Cyndaquil
R/S/E-Mudkip

I picked Piplup. Cause I like penguins. :O
But I traded something for a Chimchar. Cause he's fire AND a monkey. xD
They're both like, level 44 now.

When I get my copy (UK), I'll pick Piplup. Mainly because Torterra is too similar to Venusaur for my liking, and Infernape 1) Looks silly 2) Fire/Fighting again??!!??

I started out with Piplup the first day, but I quickly deleted that file. When you're at the Elite Four, and you have a Level 42 Empoleon and a Level 34 Staraptor, you know you're doomed to die.

Now I use Chimchar because it can beat the most Gyms easily.

I started out with Piplup the first day, but I quickly deleted that file. When you're at the Elite Four, and you have a Level 42 Empoleon and a Level 34 Staraptor, you know you're doomed to die.

Now I use Chimchar because it can beat the most Gyms easily.

Chimchar all the way. Where else are you going to get a fire type other than a Ponyta. I've always chosen fire for the start too because it's so easy to beat the older games with fire too. Most of fire's weaknesses are early in the game too. So that puts you at an advantage.

Turtwig.

I don't really have a rigid pattern to my starter choices (unless you count never picking the water starter) but I love dinosaurs, and ground is my favourite type.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Hm.... I picked chimchar. I always liked how powerful the fire types were, and the fighting type advantage against rock and steel once it evolves was tempting to say yes to... Yeah. Go me! Two gym leaders down, a LONG way to go...

I picked Chimchar( nicknamed Chumchar) as my starter, just becuase it is good against both starters, also cos the first gym is rock, I personally, thought it would, maybe, be a little challenging, but, now on my 6th day of playing it, I feel It could've been a lot quicker if I had picked turwig or Piplup.

P.S. I completed the game on Monday, U know Elite 4, not, the whole 493 pokemon sort-of way, Got that, I didn't, I am VERY chatty 2day!

[attachment deleted by admin]

When I was younger, I played through the games multiple times, and with the exception of both the game I own in gen3 (Ruby and Fire Red, where oddly, I chose the fire type on my first play) I've always chosen the grass on my first playthrough. Not just because it was grass, however. I think the first two were on appearance for me, but it was a long time so I can't rememer! However, this time,now being more clued up (I like to think!), it was on move sets and stats. I really wanted a decent tank-like pokemon from the start and Torterra fits that role brilliantly with Synthesis and more importantly Curse.

However, because of the issue with fire types in this game I nearly went Chimchar, especially with the capability to learn Nasty Plot, but in the end it was the fact (I thought!) that fire types could be ruled out in the early game that swung me over, as it allowed my type variety to be radically different from the norm for an in-game team.

Random fact: Oddly, every single second play through I've had, I started with the Water type...

Turtwig. When I first saw the last evo's for the starters, I wasn't really impressed. For a long time I wanted to start with Piplup, but when I saw the English name I was a bit scared off. Eww...Lup... I wanted to get a Feraligatr in my team, so I wanted to start with something that would make my team work. In the end, I love my Torrterra :D.

RBY- Charmander
GSC- Cyndaquil
RSE- Torchic
DP- Turtwig

Bet you thought I was gonna say Chimchar XD I chose Turtwig because A) Turtles just kick ass, period and B) I don't want a poke whose prime attack is to fling flaming feces.

I chose Piplup for my first run through Diamond. It's pretty good except that it took forever for it to learn a good water move besides Bubble. But when it did learn BubbleBeam I was already right by the town that gives you Surf. XD

On my second run I chose Chimchar, which also was very helpful in my battles. It just doesn't have that good of defenses which is pretty much obvious for a fire/fighting type.

I would choose Turtwig. Mainly because he's a turtle and grass. But in third stage he's a friggin' dinosaur! With a tree on its back. That has got to be one of the most awesome starters ever! (Though in my opinion it's still second to Cyndaquil.)

I choose Turtwig. Since I am just a sucker for any Grass Type xD. It also was so cute, in its little turtle form and all xD. Yet, yes as someone said. It does end up as a huge dinosaur in its final stage! Even though it becomes so large, it is still cool! ^^