• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your Starter - Take 3

Which starter did you choose?

• Turtwig

Votes: 67 29.8%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 64 28.4%
  • Piplup

Votes: 94 41.8%

• Total voters
It was hard for me to choose, but I initially chose Piplup as a starter Pokemon. When I saw the Diamond and Pearl special on Cartoon Network, I fell in love with the cute little penguin just as hard as Dawn did. Personally, I have actually generally always chosen the water and grass starters. I'm not a huge fire-type person. However, when I bought Pearl, I got myself a Turtwig. :]

Hmm. I notice that I picked water types the First Play through LeafGreen, Sapphire, I think Emerald,(It was Mudkip or Treecko). So I caved here too. Although I kinda Regret it. I don't use him anymore. >>

Me? In Crystal I chose Chickorita, In Leaf Green I chose Bulbasaur (who was female), in Sapphire I chose Mudkip, And in Pearl I chose Piplup. Never picked a fire type, nor raised one. For example, I caught the 3 legendry birds, but I only raised Zapdos, then Articuno.

i chose chimchar so i could teach him thunderpunch after i bred it and because infernape is mad fast. for some reason, i hate piplup. maybe because i hate dawn and piplup in the anime and the anime in general. all of the characters' pokemon are less than 2 feet high and i think in one episode they destoryed some giant steelix lol ;D

I love fire Pokemon so much my team always has at least two at a time. But I chose
Piplup because I cant pass up a cute Pokemon but then again I did get pearl too and chose
Chimchar so then that means I never picked just on starter. Now i'm just confusing
myself.

I initially chose Turtwig and played through the intro, then I thought about switching to Piplup, but I figured out that switching would give my rival Turtwig and Dawn Chimchar which felt wrong, so I stuck with Turtwig. I love Tina, my Torterra, but I still want a Piplup...

I normally pick the fire type, as I have a game from every generation, but I took one look at Chimchar (and a lot of advice from hardcore gamer friends) and chose Piplup. :D
~nendo

I think chimchar is cute and strong i played all my pokemon games whit fire type cous i leke the fire types moves like fire blast i got diamond and pearl in diamond i chose chimchar and i pearl piplup[glow=red,2,300][/glow]

I constantly aim for any Dragon-looking Pokemon, and while it is great to collect all of them, it hinders my other dream of creating a perfect team, while maintaining my Dragon spirit. It reflects in my choosing for a starter. And last time I checked, monkeys(Chimchar) and penguins(Piplup) don't fit the Dragon description, so that left me with my final choice: Turtwig! And I have not regretted it since! Thanks, Tortrerra!

In every pokemon game I get I always pick the grass starter. The only time I didnt pick the grass starter was in ruby when I picked Swampert(who i got to lvl 100 with no cheats but then lost when my brother loaned it to his friend who then restarted the game :'( :'( :'( )