• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your current music

Lately... My playlist consists of techno, anime, lots of world ethnic beats, and tons upon tons of Utada Hikaru.

Kremlin Dusk and Animato are stuck in my head, yet I don't mind. I love those two songs with a passion.

Though, last week, I was listening to Nine Inch Nails, Godsmack, Drowning Pool, and Metallica mixed with some Hot Hot Heat and Modest Mouse....

I listen to almost everything... Rap I rarely listen to, but a few songs are okay. And yodeling... I definitely do not listen to yodeling. xD

My Music is varied quite alot::

David Bowie, Iron Maiden,Bob Marley, Velvet Revolver, Guns N Roses, The Who, The Jam, HIM, Rammstein, Arctic Monkeys, Johnny Cash, Sex Pistols, Me First & The Gimme Gimmies, Feeder, The Monkees, The Beatles, Morrisey, The Smiths, Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine, Linkin Park, Blin-182

But i appreciate any kind of music that takes talent and hard work to create.

Dr. Oak - Don't you love it when the music of a game influences you? And the music in Guitar Hero just rocks. (I love the game.)

But anyways...
My playlist has changed.

Now I am playing music by a collab band called "Frou Frou" whose music is astounding to me.
I just found one song on youtube because I was watching an AMV that used it. I fell in love with it. ^ ^
The song was called "Must be Dreaming." After that, since I liked that song, I went searching for other songs of theirs. Now I have all the from their one and only CD "Details" playing along with the collab they did for the Star Trek 2 movie "Holding out for a Hero."

And then.... At the very end of my list I have "Malchik Gay" by T.A.T.U.. That song is utterly great. I finally listened to it after a ton of proding by my friend.

In all and all, I think this is going to be my playlist for a while. All the songs range in all different emotions, and I love that! I love music that can inspire emotion. It's great for my art and for when ?I write.

Oh and by the way. For those of you who do not know there is a nifty little website out there called last.fm. It's basically a plugin that records what you listen to and uses it to build charts, recommendations etc. Quite useful if music is an obsessive interest to you, like it is to me infact.

Visit my profile at "Bullfinger" some time.

Just to stop this being a plug I'll suggest some new favourites of mine too.

Try Joanna Newsom, she's a semi-neoclassical harpist who sings and performs long (up to the 15 minute mark) songs.

Also don't miss Mastodon. Progressive Metal for those who may not like regular metal, very timing complex.

E

Espeon_Ninetails

Recently iv'e been listening to alot of SOAD! ^.^ along with a bunch of songs by Wierd Al. Man his songs are....wierd o-o;

I Love System of A Down! My friend got me into them and I'm obsessed with 'Hypnotised'. That album is amazing.

Like many others though, I can be listening to Avril one day, SOAD the next, and that same day be listening to Benny Goodman(My current playlist buddy and a jazz clarinetist) the same day. Everything but Rap and Hip-Hop is pretty good.

*Caution...Theatre Nerd Alert*

Bahahaha. Uh, seeing as Im a theatre kid, I listen to ALOT of current musicals. Favorites: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, The Drowsy Chaperone, Wedding Singer, You're A Good Man Charlie Brown,I Love You You're Perfect Now Change,Sweeny Todd, Into The Woods, Hairspray, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Spamalot, Little Shop of Horrors, and unfortunatly some Rent and Wicked too.

Bahahahaa.

Now for my other music choices, I prefer pop-rock suchas: Maroon 5, Counting Crows, Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, Bowling For Soup and I also like the Black Eyed Peas and Fergie.... *loser*

I'm currently listening to mixes of either hardcore-rock [like rob zombie] or weird al yankovic music...personally i can't stop listening to....................
POLKAMON!!! ;D

Impossible my friend, for music is there to be appreciated, the more the better imo.

Currently I am loving Van Halen. I downloaded their entire discography last year, and ive been listening to loads of their stuff recently. Also I have rekindled my love for chevelle after obtaining an album of theirs that I had forgotten to buy for a long time.

Also, after seeing him live I have fallen more in love with Voltaire than ever before.
For those that care, ive put a couple of videos of him performing at the end of my review on my site

In my car currently is a mix cd with a lot of random favourites of mine including, rise against, taking back sunday, inme, my chemical romance, silverstein, Less Than Jake, at the drive in and billy talent

It would take more space than is available here to list all the bands I listen to, but some of them are: Nightwish, Within Temptation, HIM, Three Days Grace, Evanescence, KillSwitch Engage, Flyleaf, Lonestar (yes, I listen to country, and lots of it :p), Linkin Park, barbershop (kickin' it back oldschool), and various songs from animes/video games.

Well, I'm not much into music, with lyrics anyway, although lately I've got songs from REM stuck in my head. And this may sound a little weird, but I like listening to the BGMs of video games. ;D *whistles Pokemon theme*

Currently I'm listening to the soundtrack to the first season of Doctor Who, the relatively recent series that is. I must say it's very good, with some of the songs slightly eerie and others downright 'cool'.

Currently listening to Chiisaki Mono by Asuca Hayashi, and Make A Wish by Asuca Hayashi and Cindy Mizelle. (you know, the song from Jirachi Wishmaker? XD)
Oh, and I'm listening to P!nk as well. :p

http://www.last.fm/user/Taciturnity/

In a nutshell, I'd describe my taste in music electronic/electro-experimental-indie-lofi-acoustic-folk with a dose of pop and hip-hop.

If that makes any sense to you you'll probably like my taste in music. a

In a nutshell, I'd describe my taste in music electronic/electro-experimental-indie-lofi-acoustic-folk with a dose of pop and hip-hop.

If that makes any sense to you you'll probably like my taste in music. a

Yeah, that makes sense. Yay for The Knife and Deerhoof too.

Have you tried Daedelus? instrumental, sample heavy hip-hop with some glitch. You might like it. He has some free mp3's on last.fm too.

Yeah, that makes sense. Yay for The Knife and Deerhoof too.

Have you tried Daedelus? instrumental, sample heavy hip-hop with some glitch. You might like it. He has some free mp3's on last.fm too.

That's some hot-stuff; I'll definetly be looking into this Daedelus fellow. Thanks for the recommendation!

Well, I am currently listening to Akon, my favorite; it don't matter no more...so yeah that's pretty much what I listen time to time and I just really like Akon, Justin timberlake, black-eyed-peas, and bowling for soup.

No worries mate. Though I am jealous to see that you're attending the pitchfork fest. So much awesome there! where I live there's only one major big-name fest a year and it's at the opposite end of the country...

As of now Pitchfork's a big maybe on the itinerary... it just all depends on whether I'll be able to take at least the weekend off. I really, really want go with my friends!

Anyways, ever heard of the artist World's End Girlfriend (Katsuhiko Maeda)?

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful music. I'm listening to latest his album right now and (for me anyway) when I get that feeling of anxiety and/or the slight chills when listening to music I know I've come across something truly profound.

*Deep breaths*

I highly recommend you check him out!

Teh MoonStruck listens to Emo music in her spare time. (No, I'm not emo, I just listen to their music and dress like them.)

And I'm big into punk, as well. I think I dress more punk then emo, but I'm more a black and red kinda gir. . . MUSIC TOPIC!

JamisonParker is amazing. I am absolutely in love with their music. Thursday is also an amazing band, and their sound and style hasn't changed from their first CD (well, there was that whole War all the Time thing, but they're over that . . .).

Gym Class Heroes is AMAZING (who am I kidding, I'm biased because Travis is my first celebrity crush). And I love their music. The Gorillaz from the beginning onward have just always rocked, but I admit I haven't caught Slow Boat to Hades yet, so I can't say anything about that. . .

Other then that, I don't really listen to a set band. I love pretty much every kinda music except Gospel and Blues. I just. . .neither of them really appeal to me. I don't like the beats and wotnot.

Dance, Rock, Soft Rock, Smooth Jazz and Pop tend to be my favourites. Everything else is tolerable (Except for Gospel and Blues >|P ).

hm....i'm basically into everything but metal (and some of that is o.k. in my eyes, too), rap (not really music in my opinion), and country(....*shudders*)

i'm more into alternative rock, punk, ska (if ANYONE asks what this is, i will kill you, rip out your eyes, shoot them out of a trumpet into your butthole, use a trombone to rip them back out and put your eyes back into the sockets), blues, 60's music....anything that's actually musically satisfying.

bands i listen to in particular: Barenaked Ladies (alt rock)
incubus
ramones
Billy Joel (not a band, but you get the idea)
Buck-O-Nine
The Slackers
Mustard Plug

Teh MoonStruck listens to Emo music in her spare time. (No, I'm not emo, I just listen to their music and dress like them.)

And I'm big into punk, as well. I think I dress more punk then emo, but I'm more a black and red kinda gir. . . MUSIC TOPIC!

Sorry MoonStruck but I feel that it is my duty to shatter your perception of reality (or at least to let my own perception become known)... Emo kids do not exist! at least in your sense of the word. Well that's what I've come to believe at least. Emo was originally taken to be a form of underground hardcore punk in the late 80's and it just irks me that the term is now being used to cover what is now becoming popular music. Ok, that does my short rant. Just remember not to let the media influence you, they're generally poisonous liars.

Sorry MoonStruck but I feel that it is my duty to shatter your perception of reality (or at least to let my own perception become known)... Emo kids do not exist! at least in your sense of the word. Well that's what I've come to believe at least. Emo was originally taken to be a form of underground hardcore punk in the late 80's and it just irks me that the term is now being used to cover what is now becoming popular music. Ok, that does my short rant. Just remember not to let the media influence you, they're generally poisonous liars.

i agree with the Emo rant, but not entirely. emo = emotional hardcore, and i'm just supposing that emo kids call themselves "emotionally hardcore." meaning they're in tune with their incredibly depressed selves. i really have no clue about them, but yeah. and for the record, the term "emo" is not really being used to cover what is now becoming popular music. there are several different categories of popular music, and emo is just one of them. and yes, much of the media is poisonous liars.

currently listening to (at this moment): whatever's on the radio.

emo = emotional hardcore, and i'm just supposing that emo kids call themselves "emotionally hardcore." meaning they're in tune with their incredibly depressed selves.

Isn't that a bit ironic? Depression isn't super-sadness; it's the suppression of all emotion, meaning you don't really feel. Emotionally hardcore means you have no emotion? Emo kids must feel so happy, sad, and angry at once that their emotion tanks explode and they thus fall into a depression. Detonating your emotions is pretty damn hardcore.

ANYWHO, who am I listening to? Led Zeppelin. They are the greatest band I've ever listened to. All of the members are awesome and they're just so diverse with their sounds, ranging from metal (Immigrant Song) to rock 'n roll (Communication Breakdown), to blues (How Many More Times), to folk (Black Mountain Side), to Indian (Kashmir), to pop rock (Trampled Underfoot) to ballads (Thank You), to acoustics (That's The Way), to '80s rock (Carouselambra), and to glam rock (Sick Again). They've got EVERYTHING!

In addition, I'm a guitarist, and Jimmy Page is a terrific influence. I'm learning Black Mountain Side right now. That song is INSANELY tough.

Ok, since I'm a nice, sharing, kinda guy I thought I'd show you where you can get some mindblowing music.

Go here.

http://www.mushrecords.com/music.php

Nab the three Daedelus tracks in the list if you want a fun listening experience (totally free and legal of course). I've currently listened to "Sundown" about five times in a row.

Oh, and HustleMode. I got some World's End Girlfriend from an mp3 blog. It sounds exquisite! "100 Years Of Choke" is especially good.

I'm not into much music, but I do (don't laugh or any form of ridicule) like some techno music. I especially like this little computer animated character who redoes songs and he does it well. Crazy Frog. Don't laugh.
There's also this song my mom has called "Traffic" and "Lethal Industry." Those are awesome!
I also like the Disney music. They have some good songs. (granted "Lonely" :-X)

So, I'm somewhat normal! Yay! ;D

When I returned from NASS festival this weekend, I was greeted with my latest music fix. The new Silverstein album... and as a bonus an Epitah promotional CD which (among others) had the new single by Motion City Soundtrack "Broken Heart" on it, definately the first song in a while that i've instantly gravitated to, as a reviewer I reccomend it strongly.

I'm not into much music, but I do (don't laugh or any form of ridicule) like some techno music. I especially like this little computer animated character who redoes songs and he does it well. Crazy Frog. Don't laugh.
There's also this song my mom has called "Traffic" and "Lethal Industry." Those are awesome!
I also like the Disney music. They have some good songs. (granted "Lonely" :-X)

So, I'm somewhat normal! Yay! ;D
[size=7pt]Don't worry, I like Techno too. ;) I mostly listen to stuff from the Newgrounds Audio Portal, they have some really neat songs there.[/size]

[Ontopicness]Wow. What music do I listen to?

I absoltly LOVE J-pop and J-rock (J is short for Japanese for those people who didn't know that). I currently listen to bands like Uverworld, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Last Alliance, and I litened to a veriaty of Pop artists.

I usually listen to Anime theme songs. They're always good in my mind. I also listen to Double Trouble a lot... I love the old Pokemon music they released on CD.

I also listen to Weird Al because he makes me LOL X3

And I also listen to the tracks of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, and the orchestrated version of some of the songs. Did I mention that I also listen to LoZ: Twilight Princess tracks too? (came with resubscription of Nintendo Power. I love those guys

I love rock and finnish pop :D My favourite band is My Chemical Romance, cause they rock! I also listen to HIM and some finnish bands that arent known outside of the country :D