• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Who wants a legal Deoxys, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Well, today I went to the Hunt For Deoxys thingy. It's what the UK gets instead of Nintendo Events - a crappy little stall set up in a VUE Cinema somewhere in the country. It's being jointly promoted by Jetix, whoever they are - quite what any of these companies have to do with Pokemon or Nintendo, I don't know.

The Deoxys tour is as follows:
Croydon on 8th/9th October
Cheshire Oaks last weekend
North London yesterday & today.
Leeds 25-26 October
Leicester 27-28 October
Birmingham 29-30 October
Bristol Cribbs 5-6 November

Leeds and Leicester? That's a bit off... as is 2 events in London (although I'm not complaining, as I missed the South London one). What about Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland?

Anyway, if you are in the UK and can't get to any of the tour dates, I picked up some postcards, which are official "Authorisation Cards". They let you fill in your name & address and post your FireRed or LeafGreen cartridge off at your own risk to the Deoxys people (the address is Portsmouth, if that means anything to anyone), and assuming that your cartridge is correctly prepared they'll give you the Auroraticket download.

I have 4 of these postcards (didn't want to be seen as too greedy - I was one of only 3 actual adult Pokemon fans there, everyone else was under 10), so if you want one, shout. (I'm guessing I have to save one for the Oakster, as he has presumably managed to go on holiday and miss all the fun :D ). I also have some glossy, but unexciting flyers for Emerald & XD which people might want - I cba to scan them in, seeing as I'm supposed to be going into hospital tomorrow. (I'm desperately recording mini discs and sorting out magazines to avoid going nuts during my incarceration - scanning in adverts that are probably also in magazines is pretty far down my list, sorry :p). Let me know.

*waits patiently in line*

I'd like one if....*cowers*....that's ok with you Baratron, but really, I would :p

I noticed on Nintendo's website that they said there would be different zones.

Zone One — The Trading Card Zone — Esdevium bring their leading trading card game to the 'Hunt for Deoxys' Download event, enabling up to eight players at a time to challenge each other with their strongest Pokémon cards.

Zone Two — The Preview Zone — Players can experience the latest Pokémon game, Pokémon Emerald, before it hits the shops.

Zone Three — Battle Zone — Here players can have the chance to play a sneak preview demo of the forthcoming Pokémon XD, before it reaches the shops in November. Will you be able to 'Snag' all the Shadow Pokémon?!"

Did you get a chance to do any of those things? I wouldn't mind going to an event if there were any in Scotland but us lesser countries always seem to be forgotten about ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Don't hold out for me! I don't need one ^^ (Like you actually were :p)

Seriously, though... I'd be too paranoid to send my cart away so something like that would be wasted on me, but I'd gladly take any other freebies you got. Can never get enough Pokemon goodness :)

baratron

Staff member
Well, um... the total size of the whole thing was about the same size as my front room. Possibly smaller.

It contained:
Two display cases of Pokemon toys. (All current release, no rarities).
Five GameCube stands, like the ones you get in Virgin Megastores (2 running Colosseum, 3 running XD).
A table with a few chairs and a TCG board + cards.
A main display table accompanied by two people with wireless SPs in their pockets.

'Twas it.

I'd like to say that in 5 minutes of playing XD, I had the urge to kill the small child accompanying the hero 10 times. The way she refers to him as "Big Brother" in the third person even when she's talking to him was so obnoxiously twee I wanted to lose my lunch. Richard & I were trying to find the Shadow Teddiursa who seems to be the first Shadow Pokemon you catch, but we couldn't find anyone who wanted to battle, and the press of small children around us was making us claustrophobic, so we ran away :).

I did corner the other adult fans there and told them they should come to PokeCharms, but I don't know whether either of them have ;).

PM me your address, and I'll send you a card.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I've already got two cards from my brother's school... But I've hopefully got a deoxys almost guaranteed for me from RLRL. *grins* I couldn't get to those events, as my parents were mean and wouldn't let me go with him. Again. *shakes fist at parents* Anyway! Soon I shall be training my own deoxys, hopefully.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
They'd probably realise that I've already managed to get myself Deoxys and a few other Pokemon through.... non-conventional means...... and would burn my game or something.

^^

Don't worry about keeping one over for me, I'm happy with my illegal one - it's not as if I actually use it or anything. Thanks for thinking though. *tanned* 8)

baratron

Staff member
Just popped in to *bump* this. Anyone interested? Closing date is Dec 31st, so you'll need to give me your address before the Christmas rush.

Ugh, Christmas.

idont no if it works, but i fink u need 5 stars on ur trainer card, and then go to mossdep space centre and go to space :wink:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I think that since this whole promotion is over by now It would be a good idea to close this thread and prevent it being spammed by idiots.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.