• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Who is your favourite actor/ actress ?

C

Celadon

So, I copied the idea from the 'favorite singer' thread. Who is your favourite actor/ actress? You can also add for which movie you like them.

I like Ashley Tisdale (HSM) and Julia Roberts (The Runaway Bride).

Miley Cyrus, Eddie Murphy, Blake Lively (just because we have the same first name ::)), that guy who played Joey Gladstone in Full House, and Jack Black (He's The King of Laugh!) I also like Victoria Justice. She accually goes to a school that my cousin works at. I'm hopping to get her autograph ;D.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'll always remember Heath Ledger as being absolutely amazing as The Joker in The Dark Knight. R.I.P Heath Ledger, you were awesome.

Other actors/actresses I like are Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Ferrell for his role in Zoolander among other films, Eddie Murphy for the Nutty Professor and for Delirious, Will Smith for Men in Black and Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Keira Knightley for her role as Elizabeth Swann in Pirates.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Kevin Costner

Reasons

Dances with Wolves, WaterWorld, Robin Hood: Prince of thieves

All epic in my humble opinion, especially Dances with Wolves. I know he's been in some terrible movies, but methinks these three balance it out ^^

Sean Connery, and his suave accent that changed the 20th Century forever >:0

Another would be Mark Hamill, not really for his portrayal of Luke Skywalker. Currently Mark can be heard in some of the cartoon worlds most villainous villains. He's the Joker in the DC Animated Universe (encompassing Batman's animated series all the way to Justice League) as well as Fire Lord Ozai in Avatar :D

Tying in Voice actors, you have to love Tara Strong and Tom Kenny for the inumerable characters whose voices they have provided.

Concerning Actors outside of Hollywood, You gotta love Akira Ishida. He too is a seiyuu and has voiced a myriad of anime characters.

[size=8pt]Heath Ledger is a given, mostly for the diversity in the roles he chose.
And Johnny Depp for that reason too.

Will Smith is full of awesome, Scarlett Johansen is stunning, And I loved Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta. Oh, and Eric Bana. Boleyn Girls ftw.

Taylor Lautner is very pretty.
>>

The following list is somewhat obvious:

Johnny Depp because of his impressive acting skills.
Heath Ledger, pretty much the same as above. He was an excellent Joker.
Samuel L. Jackson. Yeah, not much other to say than Afro Samurai.

There may be others, but not ones that will drag me into the cinema I don't think. I can think of several I will actively avoid if I can, but that's not what this thread is about.

Edit: I just had to remember this on the bous into work, didn't I?

Patrick Stewart.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
For actual, bone fide Hollywoodspawn, I'd probably go with Johnny Depp - mainly because he is such a versatile actor - the same guy who played the charismatic Sparrow in PoTC also played Edward Scissorhands, who is the polar opposite. And, as a Drama student, I have to respect that.

On tellingvision, my favourite actor is David Tennant. Because I am a Doctor Who whore, and because Tennant can turn even the most butchered and crazy of scripts into an enjoyable experience.

My favourite voice actor would probably be David Hayter. He is the only man who can ever voice Snake and do it properly - no-one could ever imitate him.

Tom Hanks, mostly for all the crap he went through in Castaway. When thay were shooting the film, he actually started that fire on his own. He did it just for the reality factor to be there.

Males - Johnny Depp ( Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, PotC) Will Smith (I, Robot, The Pursuit of Happyness)and Jack Black (Kung Fu Panda, School of Rock, King Kong)

Females- Hayden Panatierre (sp?) (Kingdom Hearts (as Kairi) Heros), Kiera Knightley (PotC), Imelda Staunton ( Harry Potter (as Umbridge), and Freedom Writers.)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
As far as actors go, Patrick Stewart wins universes, as does Jeff Goldblum. I also have a MAJOR soft spot for Claudia Christian (because Ivanova is God).

Stick Hugh Laurie somewhere in there too for sheer awesome.

Voice actors? Steven J. Blum (anyone who can portray two impossibly different voices like Guilmon and Yamaki in the same show is worthy of my respect) and Mari Devon (because I have a major soft spot for low-register female voices. Mrrr.) Amanda Winn-Lee and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn also get brownie points for their frelling awesome performance in the Digital Devil Saga series. >>;