• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which of the three newest consoles are you getting?

Which of the three newest consoles are you planning to buy?

• Total voters

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
At this point in time I won't be going for any of them. The Wii U is the only one that interests me, but it needs to get its act together and have more than just Wind Waker, Mario and Smashs Bros. to offer me.

Really, I'm just playing the waiting game and waiting to see what happens with the Wii U. If nothing good happens and nothing changes I won't bother with any home console this gen, just keep happily playing my 3DS.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I have a Wii U and Xbox One, so that's what got my vote xD

@King of Lucario very kindly bought me the Wii U for my birthday, mainly to satisfy my love of the wonder that is Pikmin 3 :')

And I preordered my Xbox One as soon as I was able on StopTo. It promptly arrived on the 22nd in all its limited edition day one realise glory. It's a beautiful machine and I regret nothing :D

I'll skip the PS4, although one should arrive with my name on it tomorrow, haha! I ordered it for my brother using my account and he gave me the money :)

i haven't been able to purchase any of these yet BUT only in a month i am going to be able to play watch dogs with my fabulous PS4 :D

day one : i am still excited about this whole thing and waiting for the days to pass.

day two : urge to play rising, without PS4 i am going to be doomed.

to be continued.....

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
i haven't been able to purchase any of these yet BUT only in a month i am going to be able to play watch dogs with my fabulous PS4 :D

day one : i am still excited about this whole thing and waiting for the days to pass.

day two : urge to play rising, without PS4 i am going to be doomed.

to be continued.....
Sorry to disappoint, but Watch_Dogs has been delayed until Spring next year.

As for me, my vote is a lie given that neither are actually mine, but we have both a Wii U and the Xbox One in the house. Both are really nice consoles, so I don't really have a favourite that isn't my gaming PC, which I basically play everything on.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'm getting a PS4 but not until Kingdom Hearts III is out. I have enough of a backlog already to work through in games I already own, and there really aren't any launch titles that caught my interest.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I only own a Wii U at the moment but I definitely plan to pick up one of the others within the next 1-2 years. Currently leaning towards PS4 because I like its features a bit more than the XBox One's but it could go either way really. Knowing myself, I'll likely end up owning all three of them before this new generation ends and in turn barely playing any of 'em at all. :p

Sorry to disappoint, but Watch_Dogs has been delayed until Spring next year.

As for me, my vote is a lie given that neither are actually mine, but we have both a Wii U and the Xbox One in the house. Both are really nice consoles, so I don't really have a favourite that isn't my gaming PC, which I basically play everything on.
i know that BUT i can at least rest in peace cause i know that i am going to be able to play watch dogs when i do get the console

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I only own a Wii U at the moment but I definitely plan to pick up one of the others within the next 1-2 years. Currently leaning towards PS4 because I like its features a bit more than the XBox One's but it could go either way really. Knowing myself, I'll likely end up owning all three of them before this new generation ends and in turn barely playing any of 'em at all. :p

My reckoning is that you'd get a lot more out of the Xbox One as a media centre than you would from the PS4. My aversion to talking to machinery like a lunatic has even been somewhat broken by the Xbox One because saying "Xbox Pause" is a thousand times easier than turning the controller on, waiting for it to connect and then pressing X (frustratingly, I might add, 'start' and 'A' do NOT pause video contrary to the 360...).

Features wise the Xbox wins hands down. In terms of on-paper numbers, the PS4 wins that - which should certainly mean some mind-blowing stuff from a studio like Naughty Dog, even if it won't make that much difference to the majority of games between the Xbox One and PS4 overall - but if you really cared about the on-paper numbers, you'd be playing on PC anyway.

I'll definitely pass on the PS4 until there's a steady library of exclusives worth playing. Once we've got a Littlebigplanet or two and some Uncharted, I'm sure it'd be worth the eventual discounted price, but take ridiculous fanboy rantings away from the decision (from children that are primarily butthurt that Microsoft courted people other than Halolz nerds to sell their console to) and I'd be hard pressed to find a worthwhile reason to consider the PS4 over the Xbox One.

Especially since the Steam Machines will kick the shit out of both in terms of raw stats...

So, anyways, yes, I has Xbox One and Wii U. I will eventually get the PS4, but not before it picks up a few worthwhile exclusives.