• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Wall of Water {RP}

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
((IN ORDER TO POST HERE, YOU MUST SIGN UP ON THE DISCUSSION THREAD:
https://pokecharms.com/threads/wall-of-water-discussion.18455/))
Before the Tsunami:

Bubbles sat quietly in the water, taking in the sunlight, and swimming around in the water. Bubbles thought it would be perfect day, as his trainer brought him here to relax. The trainer was reading a book further ashore, and watching Bubbles. Bubbles looked down, and the water started to get lower and lower. "Strange..." He thought, as he moved closer to the water. All of a sudden the water was gone. "Stranger...." Bubbles looked out to sea, to see a giant wave, which seemed to have stolen all the water from where Bubbles was.

The wave got closer and closer. The wave was almost 100x the height of the small frog Pokemon, and much longer. He heard his trainer call his name, and then the name faded. Bubbles turned around to see his trainer gone. He felt scared. Then, all of a sudden, Bubbles got hit by the wave. He was knocked unconscious upon impact, but fortunately, he could breathe underwater, so Bubbles couldn't drown.

After the Tsunami:

Bubbles waked up slowly. His eyes slowly revealing to him the landscape of where he washed up. It seemed different. He saw no-one around, and he could see that the beaches ended into thick jungle. Bubbles couldn't remember much, after all, he was hit in the head with a giant wave. He used some of his Frubbles to heal and cover up some of the bruises and scrapes he obtained. Bubbles was lucky to survive, and be relatively uninjured. He started to call out to see if anyone was on this island.

"Is anyone on this island?" Froakie croaked loudly. He felt lonely, and he realized that his trainer wasn't here, which made him even more lonely...

This wasn't the beach he fell asleep on, Kihei could at least be sure of that. The second thing he was sure of was that he was buried in damp sand. With a strangled yelp, he wriggled and writhed his tiny legs until he could see the sun again, and crawled on to the beach, still spitting out sand. Kihei was... A little unnerved by how empty the place was, now that he could look around. No infestation of trainers, no pokemon splashing in the waves; the only thing he could see out of the ordinary was a whole bunch of debris, washed up by the tide.

Wait. He could hear a faint cry. The Wimpod fought himself on it for a moment, but throwing caution to the wind for once, he scuttled towards the noise. As he drew closer he could see it was a Froakie. They looked oddly upset and tired.

"Uh..." He started hesitantly, then he reminded himself to be confident; he cleared his throat and spoke louder. "You okay? Do you... Know what happened here? 'Ya look lost."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Oh hello, there," Bubbles looked down onto the small pokemon. "I can't quite remember. I certainly wasn't here earlier. I don't know where this is either." Bubbles was usually cheerful, and happy, but not now. He didn't know where he was, and he missed his trainer.

The Mimikyu was certainly confused as she awoke from her strange slumber. And, to put the cherry on the cake, there were voiced in her head- or, were they? No... they seemed to be coming from the shore.

Straightening her Pikachu head, the Mimikyu finally built up the strength to wail, "Is there anyone there? Tama doesn't want to be alone! Tama's scared!"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Bubbles heard another voice. There did seem to be a few Pokemon on this island. He turned around to see what he thought looked like a Pikachu, but not quite... Bubbles ignored the appearance of the pokemon, and walked over to it. "Hello, there." Bubbles tried to be friendly towards a lot of pokemon.

"Oh, hello!" Tama squeaked, astonished by the friendliness of the Pokémon. Usually people avoided her strange appearance. "Um.. Tama is a Pikachu! What are you?" He looked akin to the colour of a Popplio, so Tama gathered that he might be a Water-type.

A sneeze could be heard around Bubbles, and Kihei's area. An Alolan Vulpix, had her head stuck in the sand. She struggled to pull her head out, but once she finally did she got up and mumbled. "Gah, where am I? What is this," she started yelling looking around, before spotting a Froakie.

She decided to walk over before tripping on her paw, which was sprained since she washed up onto shore. She sat down, staring at her sprained paw, before shaking off all of the sand and then proceeding to lick it. She stood back up, this time making sure not to stand on her paw, continuing to walk over. "Excuse me! I could use some assistance," she yelled to the frog Pokemon.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Pokemon were appearing left and right, Bubbles couldn't keep up. "Uhh... follow me." He said to what he assumed the pokemon's name was Tama. Bubbles walked over to the Vulpix. "Hello, what happened?" Bubbles questioned the Vulpix. "I can't clearly remember what happened to me? Can you?" Bubbles started to remember a bit of what happened, he remembered the sensation of water, but nothing else. He then turned to the *Pickahu* and replied. "A Froakie." Bubbles's frubbles started to deflate a bit.

"Froakie doesn't look very happy. Tama is lost too, if that's what Froakie is sad about." she murmured. She was glad they all believed she was a Pikachu- perhaps she'd be popular!

Tama then hopped after Bubbled toward the Vulpix, who seemed to be in quite a bit of pain. "Oh no! Is the strange white Pokémon hurt? Tama knows a move... it's called Heal beam, or something!" she chirped, hoping to lend a hand to the injured Vulpix.

Evelyn smiled as the Froakie walked over to her. As he asked what happened, she told him her paw was sprained, most likely due to the crash impact against the shoreline. When he asked what had happened to him, she was at a blank. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid not," she mumbed to him, although Evelyn's voice was pretty quiet.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Bubbles looked at the *Pikachu*. "I'm fine. I'm just trying to find out where I am..." He then looked toward the white Vulpix. "Strange. Something happened, why would there be Pokemon just lying around here?"

"Tama thinks it's an island." she said, narrowing her eyes- the eyes in her stomach. If one looked closely, they could see the black mass seeping from the bottom of her disguise. "Maybe... something bad happened to the humans. Tama knows that humans can stop working... she's done it before, by accident... so maybe the humans stopped working?"

Evelyn looked to the Mimikyu. "Heal Beam? That's not a move. Did you mean, heal pulse," she asked her, not very sure if she was a very good source when it came to healing. She obviously knew she wasn't a Pikachu, being native to the Alolan Region.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"I know this is an Island, but just where are we? Humans can't really stop working. They aren't computer machines. But I do believe something bad happened." Froakie was suddenly concerned about his trainer, but tried to shake the thought off.

"Ah yes! The strange white Pokémon is right- Heal Pulse! Do you want Tama to use the move on you?" The Mimikyu chirped, staying weirdly cheery for a dire situation such as this.

"Hm... Tama says stopped working, but..." she paused, her stomach-eyes narrowing. "They... aren't with us anymore... Tama thinks that's an expression. Tama's not really sure, though."

Evelyn narrowed her eyes at the Mimikyu before mumbling under her breath. "Yeah, no thanks, I'd rather not step on it for now," she sighed. She didn't have pretty nice run-ins with Mimikyu, seeing how a Ghost type like it may have tricks under it's sleeve, or in this case, under it's cloth. She stood back up. "Thanks anyway," she sighed, starting to walk off.

"Oh... that is a shame. Tama is just a friendly Pikachu, trying to help a fellow Pokémon out." Tama has no idea about the fact that there were other Mimikyu just like her back in Alola, so didn't really get why the Vulpix was being so touchy with her. And anyway, not all Ghost-types were bad.

Tama briefly looked at Bubbles, tilting her fake Pikachu-head, pretending it to be a genuine, organic movement.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Bubbles could tell that Tama was a Mimikyu, but played along just to be nice. He was starting to get hungry, but how would he get food? Where would he get food. "I think we should worry about surviving now, without food, we'll just die!" Bubbles stated.

"Tama can scout, if Froakie wants her to!" she smiled, tilting her fake head yet again. "Tama can use her special Thunderbolt move to take down some fruits!!"

With that, the Mimikyu began to hop off quite quickly, her tail wobbling and threatening to fall of she was t more careful.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Okay, you can go do that." All though Bubbles didn't really enjoy fruits. Even if he did, he couldn't eat them. He didn't even have teeth. But he figured the others would like the fruits, so he didn't care. "So..." Bubbles didn't really know what to do but sit there.

Kihei sat quietly while the other pokemon talked about their predicament, not willing to admit how much it unnerved him too. Though, eventually they split off, talking about food, which prompted his stomach to grumble. Muttering a sheepish goodbye to the Froakie, he tagged along with the Mimikyu, hoping to find some food of his own. And... If Kihei was being honest, he was so curious about that disguise; and whether the rumors he'd heard about that species were true.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Bubbles changed his mind. "Wait up!" He yelled, as he tagged along. He had to explain something. "You see, I can't even eat berries...." Bubbles croaked. "I kind of need to find my own food, so I guess I'll come with you guys." Froakie was getting a bit hungry.

(OOC: I might still be sick, but that doesn't mean that I can pump out pristine posts.)

BIC:
Most of Charles's body seem to be buried in the sand like a mummy that was about to be preserved in the ancient times. His tail seemed to be harmlessly burning in order to release excess adrenaline from an earlier fight he could not recall. It appeared to be as if he was out cold much longer than the other Pokémon were, which was somewhat reasonable for him since even his adrenaline can't keep up with his tiny body.

Several minutes after a wave of distant voices flew past him, his tail quivered along with the distant bushes silently dancing along with the wind without a single word towards any passerbys. His hands and feet soon joined along, as it then turned into his entire body shaking until he found himself out of the warm layering of sand he was snugly buried in. His eyes slowly opened as he took a deep breath of the island's freshest air it had to offer. Despite the saline ambience the saltwater waves had in store in an attempt to throw his senses off, he slowly got up... only to realize that something was missing.

Could it have been lost in that earlier fight? Maybe it was confiscated by his trainer after getting a bit too comfortable in the field of violence. Or perhaps could have been the worst case scenario where he outright lost it all together, where not even the best search team could recover it within a week. Whatever the case could be, all he knew was: "I need, find Betty... we both together like... handle, blade," he thought.

He looked around in the sand, as his first instinct appeared to be to look around before digging up the area around in an attempt to find the most precious thing he always called Betty even during their first encounter in an unknown laboratory long ago. About several minutes passed by after surveying the area and digging around, but there was no sign of her at the slightest. The only things he could remember after washing up ashore was her distinct metal feel that soon became warm in his hands and her long green makeover, to which some could not bear to unsee after noticing the faint stains of crimson red on the ends of her.

It seemed as if he lost hope already after about ten minutes into finding her, as he kicked the sand in front in a fit of rage. However, he felt the same metallic feel that he did years ago after tripping on the same exact thing years ago. There was a bit of green poking out for someone that it seemed to be waiting for. It was pulled out with a lot of force, until his seemingly long lost friend of his was finally found. He patted the blunt head of the greenish pipe and said, "We back now, but no idea on place... w- where... i- i- is... umm... tr- trai... ner?"

Even though he was reunited with Betty once again, he still knew that he would need his trainer to comfortably survive in the real world, to which there was no sign of him much to his disappointment. He took a few paces away from the beach and sat on the dry, sandy ground warmed to perfection by the solar rays. He placed Betty on his lap in a posture of lying flat on his crossed legs, as he took a steady breath and attempted to focus his adrenaline. He continued to rest on the shore while slowly gathering his thoughts and regaining his much needed energy for later.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Bubbles looked around to make sure there weren't any Pokemon in need, because he could sense that there were. He wanted to make sure that there weren't any severely injured Pokemon around, because once he entered the dense jungle ahead of him, it would be hard to go back. "I'll catch up later." He said to the other Pokemon scouting for food as he scanned the shoreline. He couldn't see too far into the distance, his eyes wouldn't allow for that, but he could see a small Pokemon lying on the shores. Upon a closer look, Bubbles noticed that the Pokemon must've been a Charmander, and it was sitting up instead of lying down. Bubbles walked over to the Pokemon. The pokemon was actually twice the height of Bubbles. Bubbles didn't care much.

"Hey there," He croaked. "Are you okay?" Bubbles walked up next to the Pokemon.

Last edited:
Tama nodded, her eyes bright as she looked on after Bubbles, glad that he seemed to be able to sort himself out. “Tama will be glad to see you again!!”

Now, the femme tilted her faux head, wondering where to start. But she didn’t voice her worry- she simply couldn’t, for that wasn’t how she worked her magic. “Hmm... Tama wonders what we’ll find...”

Charles looked down at his bruised hands that appeared to be under heavy stress, likely as a result of the earlier fight he was in before he washed up upon the unknown island he and some other Pokémon he was now on. Thinking that visible wounds translate into weakness, he took a deep breath and centered most of his adrenaline towards his hands. Seconds later, a bright green light emitted from his hands, as a slight sting pulsated throughout his mind. Even though he knew the pain was present, he did his best to shrug it off as if it was a usual routine he performed if his body went through quite the trauma from earlier's events.

He attempted to shift his focus from the minuscle pain towards something else. His tail perked up to a croak emitted from a blue, frog-like Pokémon that walked up behind him. Believing that the frog Pokémon might take him as a weakling from his visible scars and bruises in spite of it being only half his size, he remained as silent as a watch guard and gave a bit of effort to accelerate the healing process. The bruises appeared to become fainter by the minute, as the light became a more darker shade of green and was as bright as a diode on full blast.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Oh, you don't want to talk then." Bubbles responded. "I guess you're alright then. I'll get going then." Bubbles rushed back up the small group of pokemon that were scouting for food. "I'm back!" Bubbles announced. Bubbles was getting really hungry, and wanted to eat something.

"Oh, hello!" Tama exclaimed, upon seeing the Froakie. She tilted her fake head and moved it side to side to indicate happiness. "What food should we look for? Tama is getting quite hungry," the Mimikyu said, wagging her wooden tail.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"I can't quite eat what you can, so we'll both be looking for separate things." Bubbles croaked. "I'm also getting really really hungry." Bubbles's mouth was watering at the thought of food, and his stomach rumbled. Bubbles did want to hide what he ate, because it was a bit... embarrassing. He ate bugs... Bubbles didn't want to gross out Tama with his own diet, but he didn't care too much.

To be honest, Tama wouldn't be bothered at all to see what Bubbles ate- but the Froakie hadn't voiced his concerns, so she couldn't reassure him. Tama hopped on, keeping her real eyes in the sky to look for fruit on trees, and moving her Pikachu head to look like it was looking up. "Ah, look! Berries! They're very bright," Tama exclaimed, happiness etched in her tone. "Let Tama just..."

The Mimikyu used Psychic to try to bring the fruits down, but her power was too weak to get them all down at once, so she only managed one.

"Tama's gonna have to do this one at a time... why doesn't Froakie go look for his fruit?"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(I would of responded earlier, but I was getting a haircut. Thanks for waiting!)
"You see, I don't eat fruit." Bubbles responded. "I can help you get those barriers down for ya'." Bubbles charged up before launching a small stream of water at the berries, knocking them all down. Bubbles hadn't had to use water pulse in a very long time, but he could still remember how to do it. "I'll meet back with you shortly. Unless you want to come with." Bubbles started to walk about. He wanted to find a pond. It had a large amount of the food he ate, as well as fresh water, which he loved more than salt water.

Although some Pokémon seemed to be displaying a ravenous appetite upon closer focus to their cries of hunger, it appeared to be that Charles wasn't exactly displaying those signs like everyone else did once they craved a bite for that extra bit of energy. Most of his energy seemed to be synthesized from absorbing water through the microscopic holes of his soles and converting excess adrenaline produced on a mass scale into a form of energy similar to the chemical that living cells required: Adenosine Triphosphate. However, even all of that wasn't exactly enough since it only gave him the ability to survive within the bare minimum spectrum of living.

Even though he could technically survive like a Helioptile could in some ways, he was still without the essential nutrients needed to ward off the pesky viruses that could land him a first class ticket to the Pokémon Center; if there was even any around within a hundred mile radius of this area. Unlike most Pokémon however, his body's growth was not only inhibited by the lack of nutrients, but also from the adrenaline putting extreme strain on his body. He was even shorter than the typical Oshawott to put into perspective, as his weight was barely more than a neonate of his kind.

Betty was held by his hands, as he silently made his way deeper into the island after getting comfortable with the various puddles of absorbed saline water the sandy shores offered. Several minutes into scouting around, he noticed a mysterious Pokémon that appeared to look like a sickly Pikachu at first glance. He took note of it grabbing what could perhaps be a mysterious kind of fruit to his knowledge, but something wasn't exactly right upon closer inspection.

Several seconds into processing what he just witnessed, he rubbed his eyes and slowly pinched himself when he noticed that the Pokémon got the fruit off without laying a finger on it. He had a puzzled look towards the fruit on the tree, as it appeared to be that he wasn't exactly into things that he couldn't recall for more than a minute. He calmly stood near the mysterious Pokémon after believing it to be a Pikachu suffering from some sort of illness, while secretly absorbing up the dozens of underground droplets and occassional puddles of water beneath the ground.

"Ah, Tama will be very happy to come with you," the faux Pikachu chirped, bouncing up and down in the strange way she did. Though, before heading off, she felt a presence behind her- and when she turned, she saw a lizard Pokémon with a burning tail. She said to Bubbles, "Tama will be right back!" before hopping over to the mysterious Pokémon.

"Hello!" the cheery little 'Pikachu' chirped, her cute wooden tail wagging. She tilted her fake head. "Tama hasn't seen a Pokémon like you before."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Bubbles didn't wander too far, he wanted to make sure Tama didn't get into trouble while he was gone. He found a small body of water not too far away. He went into the pond. The fresh water felt nice on the frog pokemon's skin, which was irritated by the saltwater of the sea. He rested, and caught some bugs on his large tongue, which despite the size of the bugs, filled him up. He then walked back, closer to the beach to watch Tama.

Charles saw the "Pikachu" speaking to him after talking with the frog-like Pokémon, as he scratched his head and attempted to think of an understandable response. With nothing to write or even type with in order to express a comprehensible reply, he knew that it was going to eventually come down to a round of charades. He gave a slight nod towards the "Pikachu" and attempted to articulate his message to the best of his efforts.

Unfortunately however, there was nothing but a few faint, high noises weakly emitted from his mouth. He took in some deep breaths and gathered up some more adrenaline in case if things were to go sour between the two. It seemed as if he could not think of any other way to communicate with the "Pikachu" at the moment. He continued to stand near her while oblivious to the fact that the frog-like Pokémon kept a close eye on her.

"Oh, no... are you hurting?" Tama murmured softly, her stomach-eyes looking quite sad but her Pikachu head not changing expression. "That just won't do... Tama can try and fix you! Tama knows Heal Pulse, so you won't stop moving like the human did, when he took off- never mind," Dammit- she almost ratted herself out. If only she didn't have such a motor mouth.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Bubbles looked around. He then jumped up a tree. He could see Tama better, as well as seeing the island better. He looked around from atop the tree. This island was bigger than he thought. A lot bigger. He couldn't see any houses, or cities anywhere. The entire island seemed to be covered in jungle. He still couldn't see much, because his eyes only allowed him to see short distances. He continued to look around, he wanted to find a good spot to sleep for the night.

Tama looked behind her to see the Froakie climbing up a tree, and peering around. Determined to not be a nuisance, and be as helpful as a Pikachu would be, and as popular as a Pikachu would be, she hopped over to the other, an aura of joy surrounding her body. “Oh, Froakie? What are you looking for- can Tama help you out?”

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Bubbles realized that he never told Tama his name. Oh well, too late. Bubbles looked down onto Tama, before climbing down. "Oh, hello. You're back!" Bubbles croaked. "Oh, it's nothing, I was just trying to see the Island better. It's just jungle as far as I can see." Bubbles could sense joy coming from Tara. Weird...

“Hm... well, if it’s an extensive jungle... there just has to be even more food here! Maybe Tama will meet a real Pikachu!” Tama chimed, trying to stay positive and not even realising what she’d said about a ‘real Pikachu’. Indeed, Bubbles had never told Tama his name, but even if he told her now, she’d probably still call him Froakie. “Tama is hapoy she has you! It would be very lonely without a friend. Tama thinks, maybe, it was fate that brought everyone here.”