• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Two New Pokémon Spotted in Sword/Shield E3 Demo

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Attendees at E3 have gotten the chance to experience a demo version of Pokémon Sword and Shield and spotted some new portable atrocities to be encapsulated en-masse.

Ones who just can't seem to keep their tongues in their mouths apparently.

D8zYFN4WsAEjEgn.jpg

The first is Yamper, an Electric-type Pokémon based on a Corgi - because a UK-based region without a Corgi is as unthinkable as a US-based region without a terribly stereotypical eagle. It was confirmed to have Play Rough, Spark, Crunch and Wild Charge in its move pool, and to have a new ability called Ball Fetch - which, if Yamper isn't already holding an item, fetches the first Pokéball thrown in the encounter that failed to capture its target.

D8zYFNxWsAI-0uI.jpg

The second is Impidimp, a truly ridiculous cartoon-goblin-looking Dark/Fairy Pokémon which has been shown to know the moves Assurance, Sucker Punch and Play Rough.

So far, that's all we know about them, but we will keep you updated as anything is announced concerning them officially.

Ball Fetch makes me remember something I used to think about a lot. Why don't you just pick the Pokeballs back up when they fail? I guess because they break or something.
Also Impidimp just looks stupid tbh and I kinda love it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the myth of Gremlins originate in the UK during WWII? If so, I get the feeling that Impidimp might be based on Gremlims based on its deisgn and typing.

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Let's see, cute but not cute enough min my opinion but if it gets a sleep-inducing move for some reason and False Swipe then it's a new catching Pokemon which also means you only need one Quick ball aand a silly-looking dark/fairy type YESYESYUUP THAT'S ON MY TEAM!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Y'know, the tongue thing going on with both of them really is amusing... XD

My first impressions include:
- Impidimp is an adorable name
- The doge looks better closer up because the eyes looked off in the original screenshots of it
- I like their typings
- I can only hope that both of them receive nice evolutions... DX

I'm looking forward to both of them being officially revealed to see what cute descriptions they're given. The artwork for Shieldoge made me appreciate it more than the reveal trailer, so the same might happen with Yamper (which I find cute, but could be cuter).