• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The World's Longest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Can I randomly appear and claim post 2811? I realise it's a bazillion (obviously not literally!) posts away but I wants it if I can :D

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Can I randomly appear and claim post 2811? I realise it's a bazillion (obviously not literally!) posts away but I wants it if I can :D
You can; added to the first post :D

Have I missed anyone claiming a number?

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Welcome to the Organization Magpie! :) And don't worry about your number being so far off, Shiny's is 9001 so you'll have yours long before she does XD

*gasps* We're back on track!! It's a magical concept. Also can I claim 888 as my next number or does someone have that? If they do my next choice would be 1110 (yay for intervals of 222(Don't ask me about it I'm crazy and 2 happens to be my favorite/lucky number))

lucariolaplz.gif

Race to 100...y'know, to be honest, I don't find it very entertaining. I think after we reach 100 this time around, I'll be done with it. It's okay with a lot of people, but it's really only me and the occasional random person, most of the time.

Yeah it was a lot more fun when EVERYONE was playing but I think that most all of us regulars are just done with that game. I was just bringing it up so people knew that we are close to passing one of the other game here.

Yeah, I know. We've made so much progress! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming....

I was just saying, it's not the most active or exciting game. Also, Word Association has been inactive for
months, and it's not terribly thrilling, either.

hehehe Dori~ what do we do we swim swim swim

Again it's a game that's more fun with tons of people. I think the only games that most people really like here is TPB and Mafia, then we have this beautiful place that is quickly becoming more and more popular.

And H&H :)

Yeah, this place is awesome, but it's more of a place to hang out and be evil and spammy and stuff. It's not exactly a game to me. However, it is fun, and I hope it doesn't die out!

Very true this isn't much of a game.. Unless you're in the organization and plan to rule the world though this place.. *cough* but I digress.

Oh yeah H&H is a pretty awesome game that gets most people excited to hang out around the playground. I tend to forget it because we don't have them open all that often.

*GASPS* You don't know?!
Ahhh all the times I have died playing that game.. P_M probably wouldn't be to happy if I joined one and died... (hehe I'm banned from dying, as is everyone else) So that leave me with the only option of winning the next round if I join.

As to What is Mafia its a forum game where there are at least two factions trying to kill each other off such as the Mafia and the Townies. The townies work durring the "day" while the Maria only work at "night". Once one team dies off the other wins. It's a pretty simple concept.
But it can get pretty competitive around here when that game is going.

Well, there are rules in the latest Signup Thread, although these might not all apply for the next game. However, the core mechanics and basics are there. Basically, it's a game of deception, lies, and survival. There are two sides: the Townspeople and the Mafia. The Townies are the majority, and they are trying to find and kill all the Mafia. The mafia are the minority, and they are trying to kill enough players to win, while keeping themselves alive. There are also power roles to make things more interesting.

Well, there are rules in the latest Signup Thread, although these might not all apply for the next game. However, the core mechanics and basics are there. Basically, it's a game of deception, lies, and survival. There are two sides: the Townspeople and the Mafia. The Townies are the majority, and they are trying to find and kill all the Mafia. The mafia are the minority, and they are trying to kill enough players to win, while keeping themselves alive. There are also power roles to make things more interesting.
*ahem*
I guess I should wait until the next round to join.

If there is one...the last one was 8 months ago, and it was never finished. It makes wonder if there is going to be another one. I hope so, since I've only played once and found it awesome, but...I don't know.

It is very addicting, and very mentally challenging, but also exciting. It relies on both skill and luck. I would just say that being new to it is more difficult, because you aren't used to it and some might not ease up on you because of it. However, it is still a very thrilling game, no matter what!

If you do join I will be sure NOT to kill you off because of the fact that you are new. Because that seems to have been my experience when I joined up for the first two times. Everyone was like "Quick lets get rid of the newer people because it is a potential that they are Mafia" or "Down with the mafia scum! Lynch the new kid"
The first time though I actually was mafia but didn't know my way around this site so I was easily killed... The other time though... I think I was innocent.
Then there was the one time I was Mafia and had the potential to RULE the game alone because my other team members dropped out but I missed an important vote and died by a coin toss.

Well we have to hear from Data(Teapot) If there's even going to be a new game or not. If there is, there will be announcement and everyone will be given a chance to sign up. But for now I think it's best to wait untill we have confirmation from one of the mods (IE Sem or Data since they're the one's who normally run the game.)

Yes. Don't sign up in the thread I linked above; that was just to show you to the basic rules that you could read. But yeah, if there's another Mafia game, anyone can join.

Oh the joys of that game.. Hehe also the betrayals and the total lack of trust even amongst team members. Its a ton of fun, and can be very rage consuming.

I know. I really hope there's another to enjoy! I missed the last one because it took place around the only time that I wouldn't have Internet access. ;_;

I was killed for a reason that even I dont really understand this last round.
The mafia was killing off the less vocal players and that left most of us to second guess the quiet people. Hell I volunteered as 'tribute' so the townies had a chance to get some mafia response, and then the game died.

I'm really surprised that, in Mafia 7, Josh survived as long as he did. He was pegged from Round 1, and was found just as suspicious as Corey, whom we killed.

Well, there was Corey himself. There was Blazi, who was somehow voted for being silly and not explaining himself, despite the fact that we had two far more suspicious candidates. Then Karu, who acted odd and got offed Day 3. Day 4, only 4 active players remained...and they were all Mafia. Katie stacked a case against Sho, and the rest of us went along. So, really, he should have died Day 1. We have to not kill people just on the basis of being silly. :p

Huh we found the thing that evolved you before it was even a thing. XD

Anyways sorry Shiny~ I'll drop the topic now. But you can't deny its a fun game .w.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
The only reason I've never played Mafia is the fact that I don't think I could betray xD And I'd feel so mean if I voted to kill someone who was innocent ;_;

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Damn my internet dies on me last night and here you guys go and have fun 33 post conversations without me! ;_;

Somehow I never played Mafia despite its popularity. If we did start a new game it would have to be in the summer because Goat knows Shiny can't focus on anything else when one is active. ;)

I'd be fine with summer...as long as it isn't in June. School and vacationing take up all my time during that month. July would be alright, although in the end of July/beginning of August, I'm away for a week. Then, I have the rest of August free.

Status
Not open for further replies.